https://tcrf.net/Art_of_Fighting_2_%28Arcade%29#Unused_Title_Text AOF2 stuff

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 14 May 22:51]

Replies:

Professor
5429th Post

user profileedit/delete message
MMCafe Owner

"NeoGeo Mini Gold" , posted Mon 14 May 23:52post reply

While I've lost the link with a better photo, there's reportedly a Gold version of the NeoGeo Mini which is only being gifted at this point.

https://twitter.com/RainbeanCi/status/988975406928842752

Yuki Yagami

133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):NeoGeo Mini Presentation this June" , posted Sat 19 May 14:49post reply

SNK will hold a Neo Geo Mini Online Presentation this coming June.

SNK would like to ask some questions until May 28th (Japan Standard Time).

Just Reply on the link.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"
Yuki Yagami

134th Post

Regular Customer

"Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Tue 22 May 18:29post reply

Apologies for the double post...

A few days after Highlights trademarks a new Sky Love pachislot. Love Heart is revealed in SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy.

This may probably the last time we'll see her in a SNK game.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"
Professor
5434th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Tue 22 May 23:45post reply

quote:
Apologies for the double post...

A few days after Highlights trademarks a new Sky Love pachislot. Love Heart is revealed in SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy.

This may probably the last time we'll see her in a SNK game.

Aye thanks, frontpaging it!

Yuki Yagami

135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Wed 23 May 00:29post reply

It took from October 16, 2016 to April 20, 2018 (the day the trademarked was applied)

I think Highlights let SNK do their own thing first with Love Heart with that 18-month gap.

Also, a trailer may also appear on a Wednesday via Nintendo's channel, if we're lucky.

(Unless Nintendo's Channel will reveal the video in less than 2 hours)

"Lasciate ogne speranza"
Kikkoken
1210th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Wed 23 May 03:17post reply

quote:
It took from October 16, 2016 to April 20, 2018 (the day the trademarked was applied)

I think Highlights let SNK do their own thing first with Love Heart with that 18-month gap.

Also, a trailer may also appear on a Wednesday via Nintendo's channel, if we're lucky.

(Unless Nintendo's Channel will reveal the video in less than 2 hours)

I'm very interested in the game, but I would so love it to be a true Queen of fighters festival, one that doesn't omit significant SNK characters at all. Some seriously deserve a HD treatment, like Moe from KOF EX2. Someone from Metal Slug really needs to take a slot there too.

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Gojira
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Wed 23 May 08:42post reply

Looks from that tiny tiny page scan like there are also in-engine cutscenes. And here I thought the story would be presented in a gag 2D art style like the 4koma.

Professor
5437th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Thu 24 May 04:14:post reply

Unconfirmed reports from early readers of Famitsu magazine say the DL version of SNK Heroines in Japan will be 5,184 yen. The game's preorder on US Amazon is $49.99, so it seems just about right. We should know for sure within the day.

Pretty cheap for a PS4 game (even if it looks like a pile of recycled resources from KOF14 made to good use), but I have this feeling that if the game is that cheap, SNK may be eyeing to make bucks off with DLC characters, which could explain those odd dead spaces on the select screen.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 24 May 04:21]

"Re(6):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Thu 24 May 11:55post reply

New trailer

Yuki Yagami

136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Thu 24 May 13:34post reply

quote:
New trailer

Official Website is Updated and now Open!

"Lasciate ogne speranza"

"Re(8):Love Heart's Farewell Game?" , posted Thu 24 May 17:17post reply

quote:
Official Website is Updated and now Open!

And the official website has... *drumroll* 14 characters.

So of course now people are going to try and convince everyone that the rest are DLC. Even though there was already an interview stating that they weren't planning DLC at that time, so even if they did change their minds, expecting it to double the roster would probably be very silly.

KensouADV

63th Post

PSN: Mike_ADV
XBL: n/a
STM: tamakimike
CFN: n/a
Occasional Customer

"Re(1):3 or 18 left?" , posted Fri 25 May 07:08:post reply

quote:
While I've lost the link with a better photo, there's reportedly a Gold version of the NeoGeo Mini which is only being gifted at this point.

That means the NeoGeo Mini was announced back in November last year ?

quote:
And the official website has... *drumroll* 14 characters.

So of course now people are going to try and convince everyone that the rest are DLC. Even though there was already an interview stating that they weren't planning DLC at that time, so even if they did change their minds, expecting it to double the roster would probably be very silly.

That wouldn't be the first time someone did that. But I still think these 14 will be first one to be shown since there's still time until september and only 3 missing to be revealed. By the way, the silly koma (sadly) ended but at the bottom of the main website, we have 12 girls, KukriSandel Dark and Kokoron (plus a hidden Love Heart) and if we add Shermie, we might get our first 14 Heroines in the game.

So the ones to be announced in the following weeks might be King, Luong, MuiMui and Mian.

[this message was edited by KensouADV on Fri 25 May 07:18]

Professor
5437th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):3 or 18 left?" , posted Fri 25 May 08:26post reply

quote:

? ? ! !

It was in our face all this time ! !

Yuki Yagami

138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):3 or 18 left?" , posted Fri 25 May 19:04:post reply

quote:

? ? ! !

It was in our face all this time ! !

I partly knew about it when I visited a website (I cannot tell if it was at Neo-Geo.com or ResetEra).

I think the Love Heart deal was probably a mutual agreement between SNK and Highlights. Highlights allowed SNK to use Love Heart one last time. With respect to Highlights, SNK decided not to include that Love Heart icon and in some media such as manga.

(Note: Love Heart does not appear in the KOF XIV Hong Kong Manhua and the "A New Beginning" manga. Though Mui Mui appears in the Manhua, but not in the ANB Manga yet.)

As I was reviewing what I said about the SNK/Highlights issue. I speculate that Highlights prioritized in acquiring SNK's pachislot hardware assets (cabinets, metal molds and other parts) first, as a bonus, they acquired 2 pachislot IPs first (Sister Quest and Sky Love). The Super Oto-san costume cameo in Sister Quest Paradise (Highlights Entertainment's second Sister Quest pachislot) might indicate Highlights is not done with their deal with SNK yet once they release the Sky Love pachislot.

However, with the SNK Heroines development (and Nariyuki Quest), the (trademark filing and) announcement of the Sky Love pachislot is stalled for at least 18 months after announcement.

Now that SNK Heroines is coming out, Nariyuki Quest has ended and Sky Love by Highlights Entertainment teaser is now inevitably coming. There is a very big chance that Highlights Entertainment will finally complete their acquisition of SNK's remaining pachislot IPs.

I guess SNK still own the remaining pachislot IPs (through SNK Entertainment) until "the deal is completed". This may be the reason why SNK is using Mui Mui in Nariyuki Quest (and SNK Heroines) like there is no tomorrow. That's because SNK still owns Dragon Gal (to a limited capacity) until Highlights will finally "complete" the acquisition.

When that time comes, they have no choice but to let them go after SNK Heroines, they might become a liability in the future if they keep them any longer (it took Highlights 18 months to file the trademark of Sky Love after announcing it on October 2016).

I personally think Ledo Millennium, SNK's new owners, wants to disassociate the SNK's Brand Name from pachislot.

Pachislot Rant #242354325 Aside,

quote:

That wouldn't be the first time someone did that. But I still think these 14 will be first one to be shown since there's still time until september and only 3 missing to be revealed. By the way, the silly koma (sadly) ended but at the bottom of the main website, we have 12 girls, KukriSandel Dark and Kokoron (plus a hidden Love Heart) and if we add Shermie, we might get our first 14 Heroines in the game.

So the ones to be announced in the following weeks might be King, Luong, MuiMui and Mian.

I think King at best will be an Unlockable/DLC in this one. The last character is a tall(?) girl with her long hair tied to a ponytail. She wears a vest, shorts, and bracelets as one of her costume (I'm not sure if it is her default).

EDIT: Since the transfer of rights of Sky Love from SNK to Highlights Entertainment happened during the development of SNK Heroines. Highlights gets included in the Copyright list. Probably after SNK Heroines is out, Highlights gets complete control of Sky Love.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"

[this message was edited by Yuki Yagami on Fri 25 May 20:36]