Replies:

TheRedKnight
340th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: yes
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Tue 13 Dec 05:48post reply

Demo coming out tomorrow on the 13th on PSN.

I haven't bought the game yet so I'll give the demo a shot and see how I feel about it.

Why I left my hobbies.

viparas
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Tue 13 Dec 08:35post reply

quote:
Demo coming out tomorrow on the 13th on PSN.

I haven't bought the game yet so I'll give the demo a shot and see how I feel about it.

Even though I've been using an arcade stick for 3ish years now and am pretty comfortable with it, I can't help but feel like a d-pad is more effective with KOF. I used a PS2 pad for years, all through out the NEOGEO arcade board's life span, and could do all the motions for supers and buffer special moves with great accuracy on PS2 dual shock and dreamcast pads, no problem.

On a stick, doing the same things in KOF13 feel so difficult compared to SF3/4/MvC3/BB

Can't tell if I just have some kind of mental catch 22 going on with KOF13 or there is just something strange going on with KOF13 engine's move buffer.

SF3: Makoto/Alex/Hugo
SF4: Vega
SSF4: Vega/Makoto

Evenor
756th Post

PSN: missantroop
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Tue 13 Dec 15:23:post reply

Tier list according to Dune

drink from me and live forever

[this message was edited by Evenor on Tue 13 Dec 15:33]

Iggy
9309th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Tue 13 Dec 18:04post reply

From the previous thread: thanks Toxico for the ode to Suijasama!

Loona
485th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Tue 13 Dec 22:26post reply

quote:
Even though I've been using an arcade stick for 3ish years now and am pretty comfortable with it, I can't help but feel like a d-pad is more effective with KOF. I used a PS2 pad for years, all through out the NEOGEO arcade board's life span, and could do all the motions for supers and buffer special moves with great accuracy on PS2 dual shock and dreamcast pads, no problem.

On a stick, doing the same things in KOF13 feel so difficult compared to SF3/4/MvC3/BB

Can't tell if I just have some kind of mental catch 22 going on with KOF13 or there is just something strange going on with KOF13 engine's move buffer.

I've been using pad and I sometimes get the feeling my thumb may never catch up with the speed required for some of the trials (Kim's f,f+WP -> qcb+K or Athena's f+WK -> QCB+WK), not to mention many, if not most of them, seem designed to make you trip into the wrong commands - maybe it all boils down to shortcuts, but it would be nice to see those listed somewhere in the game. I gotta check DreamCancel.com's list and hope it handles everything... Then again, I do have a history of sucking at combos anyway.
Yet at the same time pretty much by accident I've pulled off drive cancel combos I though impossible (ex: Andy and Raiden's df,f+P -> f,d,df+P) - I certainly wasn't able to replicate them intentionally, at least not yet.
Oddly, I've done the most trials so far with Daimon, which is odd since I suck at grappler motions, but I guess having a static victim to practice on helps.

BTW, I'm almost done with the game's gallery, but I'm oddly missing an animation - I already have all of the regular story sequences and all individual team endings (finished the game with all full teams) there, but there's one I'm still missing, between the last of the team endings I got and one of the story sequences with Botan and gang, but I have not idea of what's needed to unlock that...

The game's doing a really nice job of feeding my SNK fanboyishness (those cameos, illustrations, pre-match dialogues, story sequences, etc...) while encouraging me to explore its system, between all that unlocking and trophy collecting, although for the latter I feel I may end up using a lot more EX supers and NeoMAXes I normally would in online matches, as the arcade mode's target actions tend to encourage different ways to spend my resources and are kinda distracting in their own way.

I noticed Duo Lon has an odd dialogue with Yuri, something about "his sister" - dunno if that's hinting at a future plot for later games (and there are already plenty of those, between the Kensou business and the "secret" sequence when you're done with all of the Story mode hinting at a team for a future game and a likely justification to keep Liz around) involving Ryo or an acknowledgement of the MI series, since IIRC Xiao Lon is apparently Duo's sister, as both of them are Ron's kids - this game references them a lot more than I expected, beteen the Lilly outfit in the Billy stage and the Mignon colors for Liz (holy defilement...).

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Toxico
5540th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(5):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Wed 14 Dec 09:22:post reply

Dune uploaded some net battles here - Nico and here - Nico.

.... And I can't think of more stuff to say, such a pity.

quote:
From the previous thread: thanks Toxico for the ode to Suijasama!

He is definitely cool enough for Jojo.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 21/11/11 (Temporary mega upload link). // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 23 as of 20/11/11

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 14 Dec 09:22]

TheRedKnight
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Thu 15 Dec 05:55post reply

Been playing the damn demo all day long, and so far the smoothest match was with a friend from Canada. And I'm all the way in northern Europe.

All I can say is that the netcode is way better than with Dark Awake*, but I'm waiting for a demo from Rising Star to see if this is worth getting.

*not saying which game is better yet, eh eh eh

Why I left my hobbies.

Loona
486th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Thu 15 Dec 06:46post reply

quote:
Been playing the damn demo all day long, and so far the smoothest match was with a friend from Canada. And I'm all the way in northern Europe.

All I can say is that the netcode is way better than with Dark Awake*, but I'm waiting for a demo from Rising Star to see if this is worth getting.

Rising Star Games still hasn't released the demo over here, how am I supposed to persuade some friends to get this with words alone if they usually don't play the genre and this free option eludes the country?... oh well

badoor posted this ni the random thread, but it's worth posting here too, since despite the SF title the core is a beatiful heartwarming piece of SNK history: http://www.1up.com/features/the-man-who-created-street-fighter
Since he mentions future Dimps IP, I kinda fancy the idea of a SNK vs Dimps in the future, whichever form it may take (no idea which genres they're going for, but I've liked a lot of their work...), just because it feels right.

Toxico
5541th Post

"Re(8):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Fri 16 Dec 01:12post reply

You can check Kyo speaking to himself over at the development blog. His maniac combos leave a pretty weak impression, I guess that the staff didn't gave too much of a thought to them unlike the rest of the released ones, that took over 2 weeks of planning.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 21/11/11 (Temporary mega upload link). // 104 personajes traducidos

mbisonhatclub
430th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Gold Customer

"Re(9):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Fri 16 Dec 15:44:post reply

quote:
You can check Kyo speaking to himself on a Japanese site

Well, I could if I could read enough moonspeak.

Doing an orochinagi cancel off a DP sounds a bit hard, I can't imagine being able to keep that up.

Also, is he doing a whiff cancel into aragami juggling? That reminds me of the bug in, I think KOF97. And for those who were not sure if Aragami had autoguard, the second video shows it.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Fri 16 Dec 15:55]

nobinobita
1020th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Tue 20 Dec 02:44:post reply

Hey dudettes and dudes, I just finished a post on why I love the art of King of Fighters XIII. Check it out and let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

http://art-eater.com/2011/12/king-of-characters/

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 20 Dec 02:45]

badoor
241th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Tue 20 Dec 03:39:post reply

quote:
Hey dudettes and dudes, I just finished a post on why I love the art of King of Fighters XIII. Check it out and let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Great article. I liked the Ash "troll" characterization, and the little comic you did. You're body type analysis reminds me of how I felt about KOF 94. I remember not liking how it looked and played compared to the contemporary Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting, or even Samurai Shodown as KOF had a "cheaper" look, with the smaller, more stiff sprites.

EDIT: KOF XIII won Gamespot's best fighting game of 2011

[this message was edited by badoor on Tue 20 Dec 06:23]

Loona
487th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Tue 20 Dec 04:06post reply

quote:

I loved the Ash/Bugs edit! :D

Not quite an art issue, but early in the article Kim is characterized as straightforward and good-natured - however, between some of his intros in past games, especially SvC Chaos, and his KoF XI ending, I get the distinct feeling he's basically a wreck of a human being that just likes to beat up people, and uses the whole justice and reformation talk to justify that to himself. If there's ever another Capcom crossover with him, he and Cody should have a little chat, I bet they'd get along awesomely.

kofoguz
955th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Tue 20 Dec 04:23post reply

quote:

Yaay! And I didnt even read it.I just saw the post and I'm going to read it like a child got new clothes in fest. Sincerely thanks a ton!

Professor
3335th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Nests Kyo on sale for X360 and PS3 /Art Eater" , posted Tue 20 Dec 20:58post reply

quote:

Yaay! And I didnt even read it.I just saw the post and I'm going to read it like a child got new clothes in fest. Sincerely thanks a ton!

I'm going to read it right after dinner too!

Quick news, Nests Kyo is now available for the Xbox360 and also for the PS3 in Asia region excluding Japan. Japan will be getting it two days from now.

nobinobita
1020th Post

"Re(2):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Wed 21 Dec 02:27post reply

quote:

Not quite an art issue, but early in the article Kim is characterized as straightforward and good-natured - however, between some of his intros in past games, especially SvC Chaos, and his KoF XI ending, I get the distinct feeling he's basically a wreck of a human being that just likes to beat up people, and uses the whole justice and reformation talk to justify that to himself. If there's ever another Capcom crossover with him, he and Cody should have a little chat, I bet they'd get along awesomely.

Haha that would be an awesome team up. Good characterization of Kim! I'll probably update the post a bit to reflect that. I love the way these characters evolve over the years. They're kind of like superheroes in that regard.

www.art-eater.com

nobinobita
1021th Post

"Re(2):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Wed 21 Dec 02:32post reply

quote:

Thanks a million! This means a lot to me! (Really, this is very encouraging!)

www.art-eater.com

Toxico
5543th Post

"Mr Karate details /Art Eater" , posted Wed 21 Dec 07:28:post reply

Atlus channel update. There is a combo video of him as well.

Again, head-ups to Nobi's article, I always check the art eater site.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 21 Dec 07:31]

badoor
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Mr Karate details /Art Eater" , posted Wed 21 Dec 07:43post reply

quote:

I like how he's beating up his family and other South Town citizens in South Town locales (Other than that stage with the giant tengu mask).

From the Atlus site, his geese-counter is less geese, more Elizabeth counter. But what sort of worries me is that the animation looks like he's blocking. I hope that doesn't become annoying.

viparas
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Mr Karate details /Art Eater" , posted Wed 21 Dec 09:26post reply

quote:

I like how he's beating up his family and other South Town citizens in South Town locales (Other than that stage with the giant tengu mask).

From the Atlus site, his geese-counter is less geese, more Elizabeth counter. But what sort of worries me is that the animation looks like he's blocking. I hope that doesn't become annoying.

Woot. Looking forward to bad daddie tengu. Even if the counters aren't geese style, they're better then nothing, and he has a Fatal Fury move break D:

Maou
2282th Post

"Re(3):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Wed 21 Dec 12:18post reply

quote:

Thanks, Nobi! Keep writing, it's always a great read. This piece really brings home the character and individuality that's maybe been there with KOF from the start (on the character design table) but all the more evident with the new in-game looks. It contrasts nicely with the awfulness of the bald toughman/space marine mold that the US appears (mostly, indie games aside) to be largely incapable of breaking.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Professor
3337th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Wed 21 Dec 23:49:post reply

quote:
Thanks, Nobi! Keep writing, it's always a great read. This piece really brings home the character and individuality that's maybe been there with KOF from the start (on the character design table) but all the more evident with the new in-game looks. It contrasts nicely with the awfulness of the bald toughman/space marine mold that the US appears (mostly, indie games aside) to be largely incapable of breaking.

Hahaaaa, I read it right now and the one-line descriptions pretty much hits the characters right on the spot! The character physiques is a good point. I didn't think about universal body types of fps characters though. Having no hair means no need for their skeletons, true. Great read!

And so for that, I'm throwing in some additional avatar icons on the BBS!

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 21 Dec 23:52]

kofoguz
956th Post

"Re(5):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Thu 22 Dec 00:44post reply

quote:
Hahaaaa, I read it right now and the one-line descriptions pretty much hits the characters right on the spot! The character physiques is a good point. I didn't think about universal body types of fps characters though. Having no hair means no need for their skeletons, true. Great read!

And so for that, I'm throwing in some additional avatar icons on the BBS!

Haha ha Professor's avatar is a tribute to bald marine designs! LOL! Btw, Professor your old avatar was perfect for the theme of Cafe! But when I heard your manly (shall I say it; Sexy?) voice, it was surprisingly different from what I WOULD expect. Now with this eternal violent villain from Metal Slug, my expectation are mindfucked since you sound like a calm and wise man!

I loved the black tengu mask. I never paid attention if Takuma's Mr. karate outfit has different colored masks but, this time its noticable. Also giving Mr. Karate a different stance is cool detail. I really liked this. Also I hope there'll be more DLC such as new costume edits, Backgrounds and characters especially Adel.

Maou
2283th Post

"Re(6):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Thu 22 Dec 03:21post reply

quote:
calm and wise man!
I always thought that the gift art Juan made 1000 years ago of the Prof with Tifa and someone else was a great image for our great leader, as well...too bad it's off the front page.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

kofoguz
957th Post

"Re(7):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Thu 22 Dec 05:12post reply

quote:
calm and wise man! I always thought that the gift art Juan made 1000 years ago of the Prof with Tifa and someone else was a great image for our great leader, as well...too bad it's off the front page.

Also it's too bad I'm only here for 998 years! Since this thread derailed to nostalgia (by me) let me summon good&evil. Where Onslaught and Brandon, and where is Shingotheone11111 and abster (I forgot abster's name but I googled "no blood for Samurai tenka" voila, I even find the petition.

Ishmael
4274th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(8):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Thu 22 Dec 12:34post reply

Thanks for the article Nobinobita! It's always a treat to hear your views on art and design.

I've always felt that it was a shame that KoF became SNK's flagship series. While other SNK fighters featured colorful, expressive character animation, the designs in KoF seemed like they were chosen more for hardware limitations than anything else. It didn't help matters when the consistent look of the game was undone by later additions to the cast that were built with different animation demands and design principles in mind. A fight between Oswald -who was all about exaggerated limbs and Kohta Hirano mannerisms- and Geese's KoF96 sprite -who was so stiff in his idle animation that you could iron shirts on the guy- shows a series that still had flashes of great stuff in it but had become very erratic in terms of design. Wiping the slate clean and redoing the characters in a new, fresh style is a welcome sight.

Of all the redesigns the work on Athena and Yuri were the ones that struck me as the most interesting. With her saucer eyes and big, puffy hair Athena looks like she wandered out straight out of 1986. Yuri, however, now has the rounded, mousey look found in K-On or other modern anime. I don't know if it was an intentional move but between the two of them twenty five years worth of differences in what makes for a cute anime girl is on display. It almost makes me wish that one of the female characters had been made over in the style of the freaky, angular, insect-like designs of Masami Obari just so the game could hit all the bases. No, wait, on second thought Obari's stuff probably doesn't need a revival.

kofoguz
958th Post

"Re(9):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Thu 22 Dec 14:00post reply

quote:
It almost makes me wish that one of the female characters had been made over in the style of the freaky, angular, insect-like designs of Masami Obari just so the game could hit all the bases. No, wait, on second thought Obari's stuff probably doesn't need a revival.
Gowcaizer definitely needs a revival, when I was kid I really liked the designs,out of the main heroes cast was superb. I wonder If Kabuki Clash, Gowcaizer and Galaxy Fight designs get to reboot ever. Their only chance seems to be NGBC2 if SNKP decides to go wild with it. How I would like to see Kinu in again..

Toxico
5544th Post

"Re(10):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Fri 23 Dec 02:58:post reply

Mr Karate SNK report. Isn't he getting a late Xbald release? are they trying to make it out for missing the NESTS Kyo date?

quote:
Gowcaizer definitely needs a revival, when I was kid I really liked the designs,out of the main heroes cast was superb. I wonder If Kabuki Clash, Gowcaizer and Galaxy Fight designs get to reboot ever. Their only chance seems to be NGBC2 if SNKP decides to go wild with it.

Wasn't Gowcaizer an anime? and not really that successful at that? So it's probably dead and buried to. Kabuki Clash is actually a long standing RPG series, so if the brand is alive by now, it's probably in it's own media and far away from any fighting game company clutches.... Let's not even go into Hudson soft current situation, keh.

In any event those 3 titles have like as much relation to SNK has they do with Capcom (that's, like zero).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 23 Dec 03:00]

nobinobita
1022th Post

"Re(10):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Fri 23 Dec 07:28post reply

quote:
It almost makes me wish that one of the female characters had been made over in the style of the freaky, angular, insect-like designs of Masami Obari just so the game could hit all the bases. No, wait, on second thought Obari's stuff probably doesn't need a revival. Gowcaizer definitely needs a revival, when I was kid I really liked the designs,out of the main heroes cast was superb. I wonder If Kabuki Clash, Gowcaizer and Galaxy Fight designs get to reboot ever. Their only chance seems to be NGBC2 if SNKP decides to go wild with it. How I would like to see Kinu in again..

I don't have any proof, but I'm pretty sure Masami Obari must have had a hand in the little known 90s Saturday Morning Cartoon, Skysurfers: Strike Force.

www.art-eater.com

Abster
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Fri 23 Dec 08:00post reply

quote:

Also it's too bad I'm only here for 998 years! Since this thread derailed to nostalgia (by me) let me summon good&evil. Where Onslaught and Brandon, and where is Shingotheone11111 and abster (I forgot abster's name but I googled "no blood for Samurai tenka" voila, I even find the petition.

Having played it myself as part of the SS Collection now, the lack of blood is the least of Tenka's problems. It's like taking the SNES version of the original Mortal Kombat and switching the Chinese action movie parody concept of it to a fucking circus, complete with elephants and corny music. Sen is even worse despite the return to bloody form, because despite being about as balanced as a weight contest between an 18 pound bowling ball versus a sugar cube, at least Tenka tried to bring along the unique gameplay concepts that made the series memorable.

kofoguz
959th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New art-eater post on KOF XIII" , posted Sat 24 Dec 04:20post reply

quote:
Mr Karate SNK report. Isn't he getting a late Xbald release? are they trying to make it out for missing the NESTS Kyo date?
This Particular Video has Spider-mAndy, Hulk Clark (Cluck?) and Vanessa Yuri and many more.So Team Marvel is Hidden in KoF XIII. Venom, Hulk and Spiderman are in :D. Is this a hint to my pipe dream of Snk vs Marvel.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I'm half serious, a man can hope.

End of Spoiler

Professor
3338th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Chart" , posted Sun 25 Dec 02:50:post reply

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html

Example of what you can do

More templates will be coming.. this was created in like a total of 7-8 hours including everything from making the icons to the URI processing, so I think there could be bugs... I'd be surprised if there weren't. If anyone has any ideas, shoot on.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 25 Dec 03:27]

Kane317
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Sun 25 Dec 04:17post reply

quote:

More templates will be coming.. this was created in like a total of 7-8 hours including everything from making the icons to the URI processing, so I think there could be bugs... I'd be surprised if there weren't. If anyone has any ideas, shoot on.

That's super cool Professor, when did you come up with that idea?

www.youtube.com/kane317

kofoguz
960th Post

"Re(1):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Sun 25 Dec 08:51post reply

quote:

This is my Pink chart...

Evenor
756th Post

PSN: missantroop

"Re(1):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Sun 25 Dec 15:54post reply

quote:

This is why I love MMcafe.

drink from me and live forever

Professor
3339th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Sun 25 Dec 18:14:post reply

Kane: I came up with the idea like two days ago. People talk about tiers a lot so I thought it'd be interesting to create a tool that allows everyone to visually represent their thoughts. LIKE THIS.

I might make a diagram chart generator as well, but I don't think people would use it as much, too much details to fill in.

The chart below is a compilation of what Japanese players have been saying on forums and tweeting. That includes both good players and players of unknown strength. The top tiers need to be breaken down more, but they're still in debate.

Compiled Japanese tier chart as of 12/25/11

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 26 Dec 02:25]

Spoon
2260th Post

"Re(3):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 02:24post reply

How do you modify the text/color of the chart? I want to create my own highly xenophobic misogynistic very specialized chart, but I can't seem to edit the text elements.

Professor
3339th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 02:28post reply

quote:
How do you modify the text/color of the chart? I want to create my own highly xenophobic misogynistic very specialized chart, but I can't seem to edit the text elements.

Right now it's not customizable except by template, might add that in laters though, thanks for the suggestion!

sibarraz
319th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 10:35post reply

quote:
Kane: I came up with the idea like two days ago. People talk about tiers a lot so I thought it'd be interesting to create a tool that allows everyone to visually represent their thoughts. LIKE THIS.

I might make a diagram chart generator as well, but I don't think people would use it as much, too much details to fill in.

The chart below is a compilation of what Japanese players have been saying on forums and tweeting. That includes both good players and players of unknown strength. The top tiers need to be breaken down more, but they're still in debate.

Compiled Japanese tier chart as of 12/25/11

Ok professor, I really respect you, but I don't get why betty and leona are so low in the womenly chest boobs, specially under athena

Professor
3340th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 11:33post reply

quote:
Ok professor, I really respect you, but I don't get why betty and leona are so low in the womenly chest boobs, specially under athena

That was just a joke!

Actually, I hope people realize that you can make your own tier list with this. It's a tiermaker tool, just move the icons around!

I should write that down, actually.. egh lunch break is so busy on a monday

sibarraz
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 11:41post reply

quote:

That was just a joke!

Actually, I hope people realize that you can make your own tier list with this. It's a tiermaker tool, just move the icons around!

I should write that down, actually.. egh lunch break is so busy on a monday

: P

You are really creating so many awesome apps, between this, the text generator and the southtown map, is always cool to see what kind of new tech we could find here

Professor
3341th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Mon 26 Dec 18:21post reply

OK, customizable tier chart is up-- select "customize" on the charts selection at the bottom and the screen should change. The colors are in RGB hex (000000 - FFFFFF) for the time being, *BUT* they change in real time so people shouldn't have problems by just tinkering around with it. Again, if you find any bugs, let me know.

example of what you can do

Spoon
2261th Post

"Re(7):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Tue 27 Dec 02:33post reply

I hope that a more consolidated tier list comes out soon so that I can properly chart how strong a character is versus how muchi muchi they are.

kofoguz
961th Post

"Re(7):Merry Christmas! -- KOF XIII Tier Char" , posted Tue 27 Dec 09:19post reply

quote:
OK, customizable tier chart is up-- select "customize" on the charts selection at the bottom and the screen should change. The colors are in RGB hex (000000 - FFFFFF) for the time being, *BUT* they change in real time so people shouldn't have problems by just tinkering around with it. Again, if you find any bugs, let me know.

example of what you can do

Thanks professor.

And my Love chart...

Toxico
5544th Post

"KCE Bug edition" , posted Wed 28 Dec 08:16post reply

Name says it all - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3342th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):KCE Bug edition" , posted Thu 29 Dec 02:14post reply

quote:
Name says it all - Nico

My lord, all the new characters except for Saiki has a bug so far.

Flame Iori: Air bug
Nests Kyo: RED Kick bug
Billy: HD bypass invincibility bug

And I think I accidentally bumped into Loona today, lag was.. egh.

Loona
488th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):KCE Bug edition" , posted Thu 29 Dec 03:02post reply

quote:

I hope the upcoming patch will take care of these, and that they take the opportunity to prevent anything similar with Mr Karate...

quote:

And I think I accidentally bumped into Loona today, lag was.. egh.

So it was you! Nice King btw - as for the lag, it was kinda expected between Portugal and Japan.

Minor issue s an aside, but I think when you use a profile team in KoF XIII to play online that doesn't count toward unlocking character colors - I've done over 100 matches with little changes to mine (stopped using Andy when I got all of his and was hoping to use that system to keep rotating characters).

sibarraz
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):KCE Bug edition" , posted Thu 29 Dec 13:34post reply

this iori bug works only with that setup or against any air throw?

I would had liked to see some test with mai and yuri

Freeter
4554th Post

"Re(2):KCE Bug edition" , posted Thu 29 Dec 23:49post reply

quote:
Name says it all - Nico

Is Atlus aware of these bugs? That Kyo bug is giving me XII Raiden/Liz vibes again, but on a much worse scale since it looks like anyone can trigger it. I hope that's the reason for the delayed release date in the US.

mbisonhatclub
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):KCE Bug edition" , posted Sat 31 Dec 12:23post reply

quote:
Is Atlus aware of these bugs? That Kyo bug is giving me XII Raiden/Liz vibes again, but on a much worse scale since it looks like anyone can trigger it. I hope that's the reason for the delayed release date in the US.

I dunno, but I went by their forums briefly and saw no post titles regarding it. I remember a long while back about some mods trying to say not to send bug reports to the forums or to Atlus or something like that, but that's kind of odd because Atlus is the only english proxy we have to communicate with SNKP.

Loona
492th Post

Gold Customer

"To EVO!" , posted Wed 4 Jan 12:27post reply

Mr Wizard just announced that KoF XIII made the EVO lineup!

To go or not to go... I'm not particularly good at the game (or at all), but I'm terribly tempted to help this succeed and set a precedent...

mbisonhatclub
431th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):To EVO!" , posted Wed 4 Jan 13:32post reply

quote:
Mr Wizard just announced that KoF XIII made the EVO lineup!

To go or not to go... I'm not particularly good at the game (or at all), but I'm terribly tempted to help this succeed and set a precedent...

I kinda lol'd that Blazblue got the boot. I'm really excited that KOFXIII got in! MK9 is fun to watch to. I'm not really interested in SF4 or MVC3 and they were guaranteed to be in Evo and they're at least more fun to watch than BB matches are, but what kinda (doesn't) surprise me is SFxTK being there. Not that any of it matters, because KOFXIII is there, get hype!

If only I had time to come out to an Evo in spite of school schedules...I'd love to attend this one personally!

Toxico
5547th Post

"New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 01:57post reply

Someone said in another thread that the year already had a weird start? Then how about a Zankuro Musouken (ss3) tournament?

(youtube) 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
(nico) 1 - Nico , 2 - Nico , 3 - Nico , 4 - Nico , 5 - Nico , 6 - Nico

Was that enough? Then how about a Samurai Spirits Sen tournament,

(youtube) 1 , 2 , 3
(nico) 1 - Nico , 2 - Nico , 3 - Nico

In actual KoF related issues, we have Dune practicing with the flaming DLC characters NESTS Kyo - Nico & Flaming Iori - Nico.
Also, Atlus tutorial part 3 released

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4282th Post

"Re(1):New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 04:16post reply

quote:
Was that enough? Then how about a Samurai Spirits Sen tournament,

(youtube) 1 , 2 , 3
(nico) 1 - Nico , 2 - Nico , 3 - Nico

Truly Outrageous! Is this going to signal the start of a second life for SSSen? Probably not.

Iggy
9313th Post

"Re(1):New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 05:00:post reply

Zan-Samu tournament.
This is so WRONG.
This year is starting on all sorts of wellness, though!

EDIT: Oh my god, the second game is SEN!!! My brain refused to process that piece of info, I thought it was Ken.
These people truly have no soul.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 5 Jan 05:14]

sibarraz
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 12:01post reply

I wonder when we will had a Gangan tournament, I need to see Leonhalt shouting SOY EL HOMBRE MAS FUERTE DEL MUNDO

Or for the record, leonhalt should make a comeback in KOF just to see him saying that

Professor
3346th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 22:14post reply

quote:
Zan-Samu tournament.
This is so WRONG.
This year is starting on all sorts of wellness, though!

EDIT: Oh my god, the second game is SEN!!! My brain refused to process that piece of info, I thought it was Ken.
These people truly have no soul.

http://mmcafe.com/tiermaker/jin_fuha/

karasu99
814th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

"Re(3):New Year oddness." , posted Thu 5 Jan 23:28post reply

quote:

!!!!

I love how you gathered together all those images!

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4283th Post

"Re(4):New Year oddness." , posted Fri 6 Jan 02:51post reply

quote:

!!!!

I love how you gathered together all those images!

I'm amazed that there are that many images of Jin Fuha in the world.

When will SNKP realize that Jin Fuha is so ridiculous that he flipped the script and became awesome? While I want Jin Fuha to come back I'm worried they would add a bit of grace to the guy's moves which would mean he was no longer Jin. Or would SNKP go the Todoh/Kasumi Heidern/Leona route and replace Jin with a cute girl clone? Would this next generation of Fuha look like Squid Girl? This is simply conjecture; for now all we can do is ponder and graph the wonder that is Jin Fuha.

Pollyanna
3161th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(2):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 01:23post reply

quote:
kinda lol'd that Blazblue got the boot. I'm really excited that KOFXIII got in! MK9 is fun to watch to. I'm not really interested in SF4 or MVC3 and they were guaranteed to be in Evo and they're at least more fun to watch than BB matches are, but what kinda (doesn't) surprise me is SFxTK being there. Not that any of it matters, because KOFXIII is there, get hype!

A little sad about Blazblue, but perhaps I'm not the only player who has become disenchanted with it. I don't really keep up with the pulse of BB opinions.

The bigger surprise is that there's no Tekken 6. I suppose they chose Soul Calibur instead, thinking that Tekken 6 is old and they'll have Tag 2 next year. Sure hope SC5 doesn't suck, though.

But I can't really cry for Tekken or BB when KOF (rightfully) made the cut.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

sibarraz
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 04:44post reply

Is jin fuha popular in japan?

I mean it was super random to see him on KOF XII being like a commentarist

Spoon
2268th Post

"Re(4):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 05:09post reply

quote:

Between his helicopter move and the unblockable, high duration supers of AOF3, how could you NOT love him?

Ishmael
4284th Post

"Re(3):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 05:44post reply

quote:
The bigger surprise is that there's no Tekken 6. I suppose they chose Soul Calibur instead, thinking that Tekken 6 is old and they'll have Tag 2 next year. Sure hope SC5 doesn't suck, though.

I was a bit surprised that Tekken didn't make the cut as well. Then again, the top eight in last year's T6 tournament was a cure for insomnia so I can understand the reasoning behind letting SFxT represent the franchise for now and waiting for Tag 2. Still, I do wonder what the Western Tekken fans think of T6 being dropped while MK9 gets to come back to the party.

To bring this back to the main topic of this thread, I'm also curious to see how the console version of KoF XIII does in a tournament setting. Will there be a wide variety of characters and playstyles or will it be endless matches of K' doing his thing? Time will tell.

badoor
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 06:33post reply

quote:

The same thing happened in 2009 with Tekken 5 substituted for SCIV since that was also an off-year for Tekken.

Anyway, I'm so glad SNK and KOF finally got their due (And no, CvS2 doesn't count). Who wouldv'e thought that a MORTAL KOMBAT game would be included into evo BEFORE any KOF game will!

quote:

UUWWAAAAAGGHH!!

(source)

mbisonhatclub
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):To EVO!" , posted Sat 7 Jan 15:59:post reply

quote:
A little sad about Blazblue, but perhaps I'm not the only player who has become disenchanted with it. I don't really keep up with the pulse of BB opinions.
I like it at the casual level just to play with friends and I don't really put much effort into learning the later games, but the series in general has become a combo-ville snorefest* and Mori at the helm of design isn't really helping, and it's easy to tell how much Ishiwatari is becoming upset with his design philosophies.

CS iterations have just made me appreciate CT more, and it's the one I'd rather play if I ever bother playing BB again.

Some people are annoyed because there's BBCSEX upcoming, but even with Arcsys' traditional drastic tweaks, it's still a relatively small update that only brings Relius to the table, and it's just Mori's attempt to keep BB relevant when he should concentrate on really advancing the story big time with BB3 and a highly significant amount of changes and additions to gameplay including more characters. And just giving people a bit more of the current story-arc plus a retelling of the first game's story with only one extra character while having people unlock the three previously DLC characters means nothing to the western competitive scene. Nobody goes to Evo to watch someone play story mode, and since most tourneys are sporting one on one matches rather than dramatic battles, nobody at a tournament is planning on using the 2-on-2 multiplayer mode--not even for SFxTekken.

*I know, KOFXIII is pretty combo-y too. The difference is that KOFXIII's combos are just harder to execute and actually are more meter-based, whereas BB's combos have way too much lenient timing, require hardly any meter management and are thus only there to be fancy while doing damage rather than be performed for tactical purposes. Since you can't air-reset your opponent in BB unless they VOLUNTARILY TECH, choosing to combo versus choosing not to combo is hardly a worthwhile question when it's obvious that the better option is to just combo as you're not really going to gain anything from not maintaining your combo.

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Sat 7 Jan 16:05]

Professor
3348th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,Korean" , posted Sat 7 Jan 19:22:post reply

I'd love to make the tier chart's default face available in multiple languages. If anyone with fluent enough knowledge in their language can help out in writing the four fighting game terms (below) appropriately, it'll be great. Currently thinking of Spanish, French, Chinese, and Korean. Japanese is dun.

Top Tier
Low Tier
All Purpose
Has Weakness

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 7 Jan 19:25]

chazumaru
847th Post

"Re(1):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sat 7 Jan 23:12post reply

I am quite removed from the competitive scene nowadays but we don't really use local terms for fighting games. Ex. We use "Top Tier" / "Low Tier". Although, I more often hear "bottom tier" coming from French people...

So, I would say

Original → French
Top Tier → Top Tier
Low Tier → Bottom Tier
All Purpose → Polyvalent
Has Weakness → Vulnérable

Although, just as in English I suppose, it would be a bit weird to classify a character as a "top tier vulnérable" or a "Top Tier with Weaknesses"... But I guess this part is more useful to separate B/C/D characters from each other.

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

Iggy
9313th Post

"Re(2):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sat 7 Jan 23:27post reply

quote:
Has Weakness → Vulnérable

I would say "a des faiblesses" or something like that, no?
I think that category applies for example to an extremely good rushdown character, but who absolutely sucks at defence (very good at getting the first touch, damaging combos, but bad anti air and reversal options, for example).

For the rest, like Chaz, I'm remote from the French-speaking French scene, but as long as you don't live in Quebec (where they loathe every word imported from English and create their own made-up hilarious words for every single tiny thing in the world), most English term would pass.
For example, I have no idea how to say "zoning" in French except "zoning".
He's good at zoning => Il est bon en zoning.
Zoning character => Zoner ? Zoneur ?

chazumaru
848th Post

"Re(3):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 01:05post reply

The little KOF community had managed to create its own very elaborate slang ten years ago so I trust cool kids from the suburbs to have invented some crazy language when talking about recent fighting games (ex. how "pif" suddenly appeared in their vocabulary).

So, I am sure there is some insane local equivalent term for zoning, such as "super pizza" or "45.2°C"... However, usually such slang is proper to each game / generation / subculture so I would not even bother trying to follow the latest trends.

HAYATO
1055th Post

"Re(1):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 03:31post reply

quote:
I'd love to make the tier chart's default face available in multiple languages. If anyone with fluent enough knowledge in their language can help out in writing the four fighting game terms (below) appropriately, it'll be great. Currently thinking of Spanish, French, Chinese, and Korean. Japanese is dun.

Top Tier
Low Tier
All Purpose
Has Weakness

Here goes my suggested translation for Spanish:

Top Tier - Alto Nivel/ Alto Rango
Low Tier - Bajo Nivel/ Bajo Rango
All Purpose - Polivalente/ Versátil
Has Weakness - Tiene puntos débiles/ Con puntos débiles

Those options highlighted in bold are the ones I consider the most suitable for the context you asked for. Anyway, I took the liberty to include other choices in order to encourage discussion upon this matter with other spanish speaking cafers...

Professor
3349th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 04:14:post reply

quote:

Although, just as in English I suppose, it would be a bit weird to classify a character as a "top tier vulnérable" or a "Top Tier with Weaknesses"... But I guess this part is more useful to separate B/C/D characters from each other.

I've made a sample chart to explain it. Does this make sense?
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/sample/index.html#ya0-trowhyow2v5l2v5mko-bkf

- At the upper right, you have KOF94 Boss Rugal. He's top tier, got answers to all situations.
- At the upper left, there's Mina from SamSho Zero. At least when the game just came out. Top Tier because of her powerful projectiles and keepaways, but one slash and she could lose.
- At the lower right, there's Rock from MOTW. He's got moves for all sorts of situations, except none of them were strong, and neither were his normals, making him bottom tier.
-At the lower left... oh lord.... you do not want to be there. All you can do is split.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 8 Jan 04:19]

TheRedKnight
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 05:03post reply

In my humble personal opinion "versatile" sounds much better than "all-purpose" for the english version.

Why I left my hobbies.

kofoguz
962th Post

"Re(3):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 06:45post reply

quote:

I've made a sample chart to explain it. Does this make sense?
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/sample/index.html#ya0-trowhyow2v5l2v5mko-bkf

- At the upper right, you have KOF94 Boss Rugal. He's top tier, got answers to all situations.
- At the upper left, there's Mina from SamSho Zero. At least when the game just came out. Top Tier because of her powerful projectiles and keepaways, but one slash and she could lose.
- At the lower right, there's Rock from MOTW. He's got moves for all sorts of situations, except none of them were strong, and neither were his normals, making him bottom tier.
-At the lower left... oh lord.... you do not want to be there. All you can do is split.

Ok, for Turkish I can offer this.
Top Tier --> En güçlü
Low Tier --> En zayıf
All Purpose ---> Kullanışlı
Has Weakness ---> Dezavantajlı

Phoenix
939th Post

"Re(4):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 14:47post reply

Here goes my Korean version.

Top Tier --> 최상급
Low Tier --> 최하급
All Purpose ---> 다 잘하는
Has Weakness ---> 약점있는

Toxico
5549th Post

"Re(5):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Sun 8 Jan 16:06post reply

This all talk reminds me that I have never been a sucker for "official names" for things and that I just use common local slangs for things, such as "la magia del pirata".

I suppose that terms are more or less better kept kinda broad, as within a very same country "high level talk" can vary tremendously (I know that guys from other cities can't get what I'm saying, why is that? ).

..... Well, and the thing is that thanks to globalization and internet and the like there are a lot of things that are eternal regardless of language

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

sibarraz
325th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Mon 9 Jan 00:59:post reply

Spanish

Top Tier --> Alta Categoria
Low Tier --> Baja Categoria
All Purpose ---> Mayor Versatilidad
Has Weakness ---> Tiene Debilidades

I will change all purpose for versatile too

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Mon 9 Jan 01:01]

viparas
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):SNK Stuff Thread 5 - Post release stuff" , posted Mon 9 Jan 05:38post reply

So, not *technically* SNK related, but the weekly fighting game session I go to recently acquired a neogeo cabinet with a 161 bootleg cart in it that has every neogeo game besides Twinkle Star Sprites (TRAGEDY). Strangely, the crowd of SF4 and MvC3 faithful players has latched on to..... the Double Dragon fighting game developed by Technos.

Thus it fell to me to make a guide book for it!
3 days later I have a 25 page guide put together that has everything but hard frame data xD
Looking forward to tomorrow when I arrive only to find they've moved on from Double Dragon to Fight Fever.....

Professor
3349th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Mon 9 Jan 21:55post reply

Gotcha guys, thanks! It's been updated with French, Turkish, and Japanese. Also, All-purpose has been changed to Versatile, and Has Weakness to Has Faults. I'm not sure if that's good though, so I'd like to hear opinions on that.

Spanish, I wondering which is best.
For "All purpose", I'll probably go with Versátil.

Top Tier - Alto Nivel/ Alto Rango/ Alta Categoria
Low Tier - Bajo Nivel/ Bajo Rango/ Baja Categoria
All Purpose - Polivalente/ Versátil/ Mayor Versatilidad
Has Weakness - Tiene puntos débiles/ Con puntos débiles/ Tiene Debilidades

Phoenix: Thanks! Unfortunately, I... can't see the text Is there any way you can send that as a graphic? The bigger the font the better/smoother it can be on the chart.

Iggy
9314th Post

"Re(8):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Tue 10 Jan 00:22post reply

Have I said how awesome in its simplicity this tool is?
I fail to understand how come it hasn't found its way to Shoryuken and consorts yet.

Congrats, Prof!

Phoenix
940th Post

"Re(8):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Tue 10 Jan 02:49post reply

quote:

Phoenix: Thanks! Unfortunately, I... can't see the text Is there any way you can send that as a graphic? The bigger the font the better/smoother it can be on the chart.

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/1326131223.jpg

Professor, I made the font size huge on purpose. Please let me know if you need further modifications.

Professor
3351th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):Help needed in Spanish,French,Chinese,K" , posted Tue 10 Jan 19:21:post reply

quote:
Have I said how awesome in its simplicity this tool is?
I fail to understand how come it hasn't found its way to Shoryuken and consorts yet.

Congrats, Prof!

Lol, thanks Iggy'!
Hopefully it'll get used by more people with the additional language support.

Phoenix: Thanks! I've used it and updated the tierchart maker. Can you check to see if it looks alright?

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 10 Jan 19:32]

nobinobita
1026th Post

"Ash Crimson is Doppio from Jojo!" , posted Wed 11 Jan 15:03:post reply

Oğuz just pointed out something really awesome in the comments section of my blog:

http://art-eater.com/2011/12/king-of-characters/comment-page-1/#comment-1646

Ash Crimson and Saiki are based off of Doppio and Diavolo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Ash Crimson/Doppio are the sweet, sunny natured freckle faced boyish servants of Saiki/Diavolo, secretive murderous super villains who have the power to control time. As it turns out, Ash/Doppio share the same soul as Saiki/Diavolo.

Doppio and Diavolo's stand is King CRIMSON.

Neat huh?

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Wed 11 Jan 15:03]

Spoon
2271th Post

"Re(1):Ash Crimson is Doppio from Jojo!" , posted Wed 11 Jan 17:32post reply

So in 2010, we had SSF4 with Juri whose appearance is rather heavily inspired by Jolyne from jojo part 6, and the whole Ash Crimson business which was thematically related to jojo part 5.

Hopefully if they continue this backward trend, we'll hit jojo part 2 by 2013!....
.... ADK please come back :(

kofoguz
964th Post

"Re(1):Ash Crimson is Doppio from Jojo!" , posted Thu 12 Jan 02:14:post reply

quote:
Oğuz just pointed out something really awesome in the comments section of my blog:

http://art-eater.com/2011/12/king-of-characters/comment-page-1/#comment-1646

Ash Crimson and Saiki are based off of Doppio and Diavolo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Ash Crimson/Doppio are the sweet, sunny natured freckle faced boyish servants of Saiki/Diavolo, secretive murderous super villains who have the power to control time. As it turns out, Ash/Doppio share the same soul as Saiki/Diavolo.

Doppio and Diavolo's stand is King CRIMSON.

Neat huh?

Wow, thanks.I would like to post this in cafe but afraid seeming like to be a show off. Well, Your art blog is awesome, so its only natural to causing these. Thanks so much! Cant wait for your second blog update about KOF XIII and analyzing more great games.

I also have theory about, Narciso Anasui (post sex change operation) that concept of his personality and passion towards the main girl is projection of Araki himself. In short sacrificing himself and his desires for the affection of a girl to stay modest and sinless/pure closet-case. We've talk about this with Iggy, before. Not sure whether on cafe or not.
quote:
So in 2010, we had SSF4 with Juri whose appearance is rather heavily inspired by Jolyne from jojo part 6, and the whole Ash Crimson business which was thematically related to jojo part 5.

Hopefully if they continue this backward trend, we'll hit jojo part 2 by 2013!....
.... ADK please come back :(

If they made a sequel, keep Neo Dio and and add a move that send his hand and turn into a rapidsquirrel puppy, it would be perfect. Wait, to make it even more perfect, the final stage takes place in a space ship ala IgnizGeegus style, and the final blow causes Neo-dio to fall from a "window" and turn him into a "ultimately stop thinking being".
Ah, there's too much to revive in Snk's hand.I think if KOFXII was world heroes it wouldnt considered failure (except online netcode). Think about it twenty and more characters, in HD sprites with a good fight engine. KOF XII main problemwas that it fell really short to concept of KOF, otherwise its a very core good game.
I hope recent desicion of SNKP's take on socialgames fuels games division's projects.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 12 Jan 05:13]

Loona
496th Post

Gold Customer

"Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 03:17:post reply

Mr Karate became available on the PSN store yesterday, and he's looking fun - also generally feels a bit faster than regular Takuma, but maybe that's just me being excited about the character concept being playable again.

I'm loving how utterly intense he seems to be in every aspect... pressure in combat, the impact of his move, his dialogue.
Maybe that's just me, but his portrait in the pre-match conversations makes his gaze stand out so much that it seems the eyes are not Takuma's, but the mask's - which in turn would mean he's actually fighting blindfolded, making the whole thing even more badass - which is kinda plausible, since MI2 Ryo has 2 or 3 alternate outfits where he fights blindfolded, and XIII has at least a couple of nods to that game (Lilly's outfit in the Billy stage and Liz's Mignon palette).

Well, this seals my choice on the character whose trials I'll eventually force myself to complete after doing everything else in the game.

Edit:

Also, new blog post http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2012/01/post_53.html
Can't understand anything outside the mention of making it to EVO, and there are match videos with some fun outfits (Saiki as Remy, they went there; other notables are Tekken Lili Athena, Dio Brando Kyo, NeoGeo Hakase Kyo, Rei Kula and more).

[this message was edited by Loona on Fri 13 Jan 03:48]

Phoenix
941th Post

"Re(1):Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 07:08post reply

quote:

Phoenix: Thanks! I've used it and updated the tierchart maker. Can you check to see if it looks alright?

It looks great Professor. Thanks for another fun tool for the community!

As for Mr. Karate, I just tried him out last night and he's a blast to play. Oozing with style and much more close range offense oriented than patient Takuma. Forward A is easy to chain out of and his dp and anti air super come in very handy. His Neo Max seems to hurt just as much as the others.

mbisonhatclub
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 10:16post reply

quote:
Also, new blog post http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2012/01/post_53.html
Can't understand anything outside the mention of making it to EVO, and there are match videos with some fun outfits (Saiki as Remy, they went there; other notables are Tekken Lili Athena, Dio Brando Kyo, NeoGeo Hakase Kyo, Rei Kula and more).

Kei Yamamoto really needs to present this to the board as evidence to not close down SNKP's game department. People are pretty hype for KOFXIII being at Evo--we got players like Juicebox and now Combofiend really into it.

Also, there was Robert Garcia dressed up as Guy from Final Fight/SFA.

kofoguz
964th Post

"Re(2):Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 11:31post reply

quote:

It looks great Professor. Thanks for another fun tool for the community!

As for Mr. Karate, I just tried him out last night and he's a blast to play. Oozing with style and much more close range offense oriented than patient Takuma. Forward A is easy to chain out of and his dp and anti air super come in very handy. His Neo Max seems to hurt just as much as the others.

Im glad that he has a diferent stance.

sibarraz
325th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 12:03post reply

quote:
Kei Yamamoto really needs to present this to the board as evidence to not close down SNKP's game department. People are pretty hype for KOFXIII being at Evo--we got players like Juicebox and now Combofiend really into it.

Also, there was Robert Garcia dressed up as Guy from Final Fight/SFA.

Wait Combofiend? When that happened?

mbisonhatclub
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Mr Karate!" , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:42post reply

quote:
Wait Combofiend? When that happened?

Think it was a couple days ago that I heard of it. Mike says Combofiend really enjoys the game and intends to take it at Evo.

Professor
3352th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Humm.. on translation." , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:43:post reply

I'm wondering if I should perhaps add, or replace "has faults" with "specialized"..

I'm going to try experimenting as such for the time being. If everyone can give me the appropriate wording of "Specialized" for this context, I'd be very appreciative. What's needed is the same as last time: Spanish, French, Turkish, Korean. For Korean, hopefully Phoenix can upload another graphic file!

Meanwhile, this from last year's Evo side tournament champs.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 13 Jan 14:29]

sibarraz
326th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Humm.. on translation." , posted Fri 13 Jan 20:34post reply

quote:
I'm wondering if I should perhaps add, or replace "has faults" with "specialized"..

I'm going to try experimenting as such for the time being. If everyone can give me the appropriate wording of "Specialized" for this context, I'd be very appreciative. What's needed is the same as last time: Spanish, French, Turkish, Korean. For Korean, hopefully Phoenix can upload another graphic file!

Meanwhile, this from last year's Evo side tournament champs.

I don't know what specialized means, I can't find any definition on google

chazumaru
853th Post

"Re(1):Humm.. on translation." , posted Fri 13 Jan 22:27:post reply

Hmm "specialized" makes more sense as opposed to the word at the other side of the spectrum ("versatile") and to get some top tiers to use it...

By the way, "versatile" also exists in French and has the same meaning, so feel free to change if you want a more cohesive design, although I do think polyvalent is a better word to express your idea.

I am not sure of the best French word for "specialized" (spécialiste?), but it made me think about this whole chart and I have a question: why isn't the horizontal axis rather focussing on "simple" Vs. "complex" characters?

From my personal experience, this is rather how people separate characters when discussing fighting games. Whether they are top or low tiers, characters are often differentiated between those who are very easy to grasp and those that require a lot of practice to be played effectively and used to their full potential.

Ex. When I was talking about UMVC3 with Iggy recently, he was telling me how high level players where convinced Rocket Raccoon had a lot of potential to be high on a tier list, but needed a lot of practice and experience of his strange movelist to be played correctly, how nobody was sure about Felicia's tier ranking because she was so complex to use, how Ryu became a good character by adding simple layers of new tricks to his existing movelist, how just mashing buttons together was almost good enough to play some DMC characters etc.

It seems to me that simple Vs. complex is a constant comparison in fighting games. Example.

I think a more specialized character requires more thought and careful use of the movelist, which is part of what makes it a more complex character (even if the tools available are themselves rather basic, the peculiar strategies to use these tools properly make the character more difficult to master). Whereas, my impression is that so-called "cheap" characters are those that combine being top tier and very simple to use efficiently.

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Fri 13 Jan 22:33]

Toxico
5555th Post

"Re(2):Humm.. on translation." , posted Fri 13 Jan 22:59post reply

I do agree with chaz in his previous point, not to dig up an old question from this thread :

quote:
Spanish, I wondering which is best.
For "All purpose", I'll probably go with Versátil.

Top Tier - Alto Nivel/ Alto Rango/ Alta Categoria
Low Tier - Bajo Nivel/ Bajo Rango/ Baja Categoria

To be honest, all of the 3 definitions are simply weird sounding. I even did the test of actually asking some of the guys that I hang around with and one of them could relate the terms when asked "what does XXX means in fighting games", where as all of them could answer "qué es (what's a) top tier", the english term is pretty much widely accepted as of now.

Now, for the sake of actually doing a translation and not just shafting "top tier" in there, it might even be better to use a more neanderthal level definition such as "personaje fuerte" (strong char) and "personaje débil" (weak char).

quote:

All Purpose - Polivalente/ Versátil/ Mayor Versatilidad
Has Weakness - Tiene puntos débiles/ Con puntos débiles/ Tiene Debilidades

This one might change since the actual eng terms are still subjected to possible changes, raito?

On a side note, 悪党の最後は、こんなものか?.... As in, do villains always end as some sort of comical tranvesti trio?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

kofoguz
965th Post

"Re(1):Humm.. on translation." , posted Sat 14 Jan 09:48post reply

quote:

I'm also confused about specialized. Do you mean the character only has potential in good hands? Only useful when you use it with heavy tactics? For versatile; does it mean character has multiple gameplay tactics or is both good at defensive and aggressive gameplay?
Toxico I failed to see complexity between the"Strongest-weakest char/top-low tier" terms?
AFAIK "top tier" means "top of the list" thus the strongest char. Both is very simple. I dont see the elitism in the "top tier" term unless it was invented by Pollyanna.

Professor
3353th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Humm.. on translation." , posted Sat 14 Jan 12:06:post reply

After giving it more thought, I'm going to keep it as "versatile" and "has faults" until I can come up with maybe better wording.

I was thinking of chaninging 'has faults' to 'specialized', but it gives the chart a different meaning and I think it'll do a worse job in confusing people.

So versatile (as in, has answers to all situations) and has faults (as in, has issues in certain situations) is probably the best way to keep it... for now. Egh.

Toxico: So Top Tier and Bottom Tier, or Low Tier?

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 14 Jan 12:07]

Spoon
2273th Post

"Re(3):Humm.. on translation." , posted Sat 14 Jan 12:41post reply

Quite honestly I wish that your Bust Chart and Gay Chart were the ones used as the example, because people get that instantly.

Another problem is that the icons are quite large, so it's hard to group people similarly without giving a misleading impression of how they stand. With some HTML5 magic it'd be cool if we could simply put down an area, and then open that area by mouseover and reveal the character group inside it. But that's way too much work for what's meant to be a simple tool.

Vanilla MvC3 actually provides some really good examples of this. Wolverine is a rushdown character who is all close range, but he's undoubtedly strong. Wesker and Dante are dramatically more versatile, with a slew of tools for movement, keep-away, rushdown.... Sentinel provides powerful assists, great DHCs, has powerful command grab, can run away and zone, but he's not top tier. Amaterasu has more tools than most other characters combined and is strong, but lacks the outright idiocy of some of the top characters.

kofoguz
966th Post

"Mr. Karate all dialogues." , posted Sat 14 Jan 15:16post reply

I wanted to share this video (I saw it on DC), I think Mr. Karate is hillarious. Also He seems like (act?) possesed by the Mask, Ash sorta confirms that. Mask focuses on fight and make him strong beyond human. Like previously mentioned blindfolded as well. I was dissappointed at first but it turns out all the DLC characters are great additions.

Also LOL at quotes toward Billy, Hwa and Joe.
"My blow-dryer is stronger than that!"

quote:
Quite honestly I wish that your Bust Chart and Gay Chart were the ones used as the example, because people get that instantly.

Yeah I support this idea. I volunteer to translate Gay chart and Bust chart translation.

mbisonhatclub
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Calling Terry's Gold" , posted Sat 14 Jan 15:48post reply

Speaking of dialogues, here's a new gem I made with the dialogue editor, and it's not a gem you can preorder to win in SFxTekken.

Toxico
5557th Post

"Re(3):Humm.. on translation." , posted Sat 14 Jan 15:50post reply

quote:
So versatile (as in, has answers to all situations) and has faults (as in, has issues in certain situations) is probably the best way to keep it... for now. Egh.

Back in the day all rounder was popular. Dunno about now.

quote:

Toxico: So Top Tier and Bottom Tier, or Low Tier?

Top & Low. And get me a drink while you are at it I assume that's the same with japanese? where pretty much every living soul knows what "top" and "low" are, but some don't get "bottom" just because.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9315th Post

"Re(3):Humm.. on translation." , posted Sat 14 Jan 21:36post reply

Aaaah, suddenly I get it. It's 万能 and something like 欠点あり?
OK, now the versatile/good in everything and specialized/excellent in a few things make sense.

But.. yeah, not sure how to translate that in English or French.

What about leaving the possibility to enter anything, according to what the person wants to talk about ? Easy to use, 万能, comeback potential... Would it be easy to offer that level of customisation or is it complicated?

Professor
3354th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Humm.. on translation" , posted Mon 16 Jan 00:56:post reply

Spoon: Maybe I will! Bust a moooove....!

mbisonhatclub: I'm feeling the need to add the remaining chars too, lol

Toxico: all rounder doesn't sound so bad, might go with that, thankkss

Iggy: It's totally available. I know that the UMvC3 community is using it to their benefit as well as the Japanese Street Fighter 4 community, in its own wicked and nice twisted ways. The KOF community hasn't, as of yet. Dunno why.

[edit] Going to go with "Well-Rounded". How's that.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 16 Jan 02:37]

GekigangerV
1731th Post

PSN: gekijmo

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Art stuff" , posted Mon 16 Jan 09:13post reply

So on my random internet searching, I came across some high quality art rips of KOFXIII.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERB087JD

It includes the edit team victory pics, story mode team victory pics as well as high quality character select and victory art as well as the completed invitation image.

Toxico
5559th Post

"Re(1):Art stuff" , posted Mon 16 Jan 12:29post reply

Looks like an infinite. Execution doesn't seem feasible, though. I have seen many players dropping other vids, however the vid seems to use a pre-programed macro.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3356th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Art stuff" , posted Mon 16 Jan 14:53:post reply

GekigangerV:
Are the Chibi icons in there? If they are, love to add them.

Toxico:
Holy Moses that looks bad, lol. I've heard about it but ever seen it on footage. It's a bug. His Rekka motion can be canceled with his Maiden Masher when he has no drive.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 17 Jan 15:51]

GekigangerV
1733th Post

"Re(2):Art stuff" , posted Tue 17 Jan 13:18:post reply

quote:
GekigangerV:
Are the Chibi icons in there? If they are, love to add them for the avatars here.

Not in that pack, but i found another with a bunch of other rips

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficon/i_82_78.png

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficon/i_82_115.png

have all those chibi icons. But they are a bit small.

Found the character emblems as well

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_00.png

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_25.png

and team emblems

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_team_00.png

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_team_09.png

As well as those random emblems like Anton and the sacred treasures.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_00.png

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_24.png

I'll upload something else to megaupload in the next couple of days that contains all the story art just so its out there.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 17 Jan 13:28]

Professor
3356th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Art stuff" , posted Tue 17 Jan 14:30:post reply

Got em', thanks! If you also have the faces icons, that'll be sweet too.
I think a chunk of chara emblems are missing.. hummn

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 17 Jan 21:15]

mbisonhatclub
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Humm.. on translation" , posted Tue 17 Jan 18:50post reply

quote:
mbisonhatclub: I'm feeling the need to add the remaining chars too, lol
I still wish I had something for Shermie that was in the same style as the other art, too

Also, I never really understood why Shermie is written as having been inspired by "L the 3rd", but at the very least, I took this picture not too long ago

Olivier Hague
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Humm.. on translation" , posted Wed 18 Jan 11:20post reply

quote:
I never really understood why Shermie is written as having been inspired by "L the 3rd"

Her "Orochi title" ("arekuruu inabikari") comes from the lyrics of the Lupin Sansei theme.

Toxico
5560th Post

"Re(7):Humm.. on translation" , posted Wed 18 Jan 12:02post reply

quote:
I never really understood why Shermie is written as having been inspired by "L the 3rd"
Her "Orochi title" ("arekuruu inabikari") comes from the lyrics of the Lupin Sansei theme.

Also, this is actually a recurring mofit , Yashiro's Orochi Title and Chris Orochi title are also taken from other anime songs Honoo no Sadame (title) Kawaita Daichi (title).

I never bothered to check if Goenitz's title also comes from lyrics or songs.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

GekigangerV
1733th Post

"Re(4):Art stuff" , posted Wed 18 Jan 14:58post reply

quote:
Got em', thanks! If you also have the faces icons, that'll be sweet too.
I think a chunk of chara emblems are missing.. hummn

Ah yes, I didn't notice some of them had a different name

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_0a.png

to

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_0f.png

and

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_1b.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_1c.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_1d.png
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/GekiV/koficonetc/profile_i_chara_1f.png

Also some of the misc story art and those icons to identify stuff like charging time and HD cancel burst

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=687QAOKS

Olivier Hague
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Humm.. on translation" , posted Wed 18 Jan 16:13:post reply

quote:
I never bothered to check if Goenitz's title also comes from lyrics or songs.

"Fukisusabu kaze" are the first words of the Cyborg 009 song "Ta ga Tame ni".

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Wed 18 Jan 16:15]

mbisonhatclub
437th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Humm.. on translation" , posted Wed 18 Jan 22:40post reply

Thanks, I thought I was going to be perpetually confused by that, because Fujiko looks nothing like Shermie and Shermie never ended up on a tickle machine. I think. Though Yashiro can probably try to cosplay as Lupin with his monkey ears.

Toxico
5562th Post

"Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Thu 19 Jan 00:34:post reply

I just wanted to drop a thank to Lé Hagué for his add and to Gekiganger for the pics. And what better way of saying thank you than showing how to clear AoF 2. Konna mon ya.

Here is a quick update of obvious things that might have missed people :

US PSN NGStation is 50% off till 24. So yeah.

Retro realities youtube channel uploaded more SNK LaserDisks , it's so odd for Basara to be voiced by Kyo, specially while he is narrating his story; har har har

Some dumb idiot has been gathering info on Voice Actors, trivia, profiles and other stupid stuff relevant to the, erm; "misc info" of KoF XIII (think kinda in the lines of KoF Collection) It's here. Updates are slow and mistake filled, kah kah kah kah kah.

SNK HK uploaded some combos

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 19 Jan 00:44]

Spoon
2275th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Thu 19 Jan 02:11post reply

quote:

SNK HK uploaded some combos

JEO HIGASHI

karasu99
825th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

"Re(2):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Thu 19 Jan 03:44post reply

quote:

Some dumb idiot has been gathering info on Voice Actors, trivia, profiles and other stupid stuff relevant to the, erm; "misc info" of KoF XIII (think kinda in the lines of KoF Collection) It's here. Updates are slow and mistake filled, kah kah kah kah kah.

Well, whoever that foolish person happens to be, I wish I could tell them that I've been really enjoying reading that info this morning and that it fills in a lot of blanks in my knowledge of what various people are saying, and that it's been responsible for quite a bit of time spent not working so far today. But since it's not clear who it is, I guess I can't thank them...

www.secret-arts.com

sibarraz
327th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Thu 19 Jan 05:02post reply

wow toxico, you are doing an amazing job, there are lots of dialogues that I wanted to know but don't wanted to disturb the professor

I will kill to see the SNK laserdics with subtitles

kofoguz
967th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Thu 19 Jan 22:05post reply

quote:
wow toxico, you are doing an amazing job, there are lots of dialogues that I wanted to know but don't wanted to disturb the professor

I will kill to see the SNK laserdics with subtitles

Snkplaymore redesigned the official site. While I was expecting addition to Social games part after the news they're going to get in Social games, too. Instead they reduced to two parts Games and Slot. İnteresting. They're also hiring. This people say is common hiring but usually I (want to) believe a sign to a new project. Truth is Out There.

Anyway KOFXIII blog is updated. There is vid that I assume explain how alcoholic beverage consumption affect fighting style, plus green and yellow combos.

Loona
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Fri 20 Jan 22:26post reply

quote:
Snkplaymore redesigned the official site. While I was expecting addition to Social games part after the news they're going to get in Social games, too. Instead they reduced to two parts Games and Slot. İnteresting.

Still no update on the KoF anniversary site though :/ I've been interested to see what they might have to say about the additions of Hwa Jai and Saiki, even if it's to see them dancing around the issue of sprite recycling.

Loona
498th Post

Gold Customer

"SNK All Stars Online?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 12:51post reply

This being an SNK thread, I feel the need to report on this recent discovery of aa mobile game called SNK All Stars Online by a korean developer - doesn't seem to be a completed project yet, but an englishversion of the page at least looks encouraging. Found about it after seeing it mentioned here.

kofoguz
968th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Mon 23 Jan 01:04post reply

quote:
Snkplaymore redesigned the official site. While I was expecting addition to Social games part after the news they're going to get in Social games, too. Instead they reduced to two parts Games and Slot. İnteresting.

Still no update on the KoF anniversary site though :/ I've been interested to see what they might have to say about the additions of Hwa Jai and Saiki, even if it's to see them dancing around the issue of sprite recycling.

I wonder Ash/Doppio Saiki/Diavolo inspiration is mentioned :p
Anyway Sadly SNK all star online project stopped long ago. Also there was a lot of Korean kof&metal slug online games were on the way what happened to them?

Professor
3356th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Mon 23 Jan 19:40post reply

The remaining emblems have been addedd!

Toxico: Holy moses that's a hell lot of translations!
btw, your site's Aliens game collection article is neat. I can feel the H.R.Giger love.

Cripes, SNKP wiped out all their wallpapers in their site update...

sibarraz
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Humm.. on translation" , posted Tue 24 Jan 12:46post reply

Reading Toxico thread on Orochinagi, I discovered than takuma saiyuu is the voice of some train stations there in osaka, Now I had the hope to travel to the Esaka Station to hear ''Ladies and Gentlemen, the next train will arrive at 3:15 pm CHESTOOOOO''

Professor
3357th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Wed 25 Jan 00:06post reply

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Unlock-Customize-Colors/eb395f02-bd53-4455-a48e-dc1209cf46a9

If they also decide to release this on the PS3 before fixing its bug.. people will be bashing SNKP for a long time.

Toxico
5565th Post

"Re(1):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Wed 25 Jan 00:33:post reply

quote:
If they also decide to release this on the PS3 before fixing its bug.. people will be bashing SNKP for a long time.

Yes, I also think that unless the DLC magically solves the problem of colors being re-locked here and there, they are gonna be bashed and hard.

BTW, N°17 uploaded a console tournament over at nico, right now there are many parts and I don't know if he is gonna upload them to youtube or something. The tournament list is here : http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30135011

In case you don't have a nico account and not zit about reading, a "How to use my list" would be simple, just open the mylist link, copy the link that you want to see and paste it on the Redirector. If you want to see the whole tournament you have to start from the bottom and go up.

As far as I know there it still not a youtube version of the tournament, though °17 has a youtube channel so I suppose that he himself is gonna step up to the plate; even if he doesn't a console tournament is kinda tempting, so a lot of channels that upload footage are probably gonna roach the footage until there is no exclusivity left example

edit : ->> Flaming Combo . ( Source - Nico )

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 25 Jan 03:36]

Professor
3359th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Fri 27 Jan 01:05post reply

Out of curiousity, are the KOF13 avatars available on American PSN? Oddly enough noone seems to be talking about it.

sibarraz
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Fri 27 Jan 01:13post reply

quote:
Out of curiousity, are the KOF13 avatars available on American PSN? Oddly enough noone seems to be talking about it.

According to a friend, no

Loona
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Fri 27 Jan 03:15post reply

The official blog seems to be holding a custom palette contest.

No idea if there's a reward or if they might just consider such color scheme for future videos of their or official implementations in sequels though...

Early on it also announces something for early february, but the google translator calls it "Japan only book Rewards 'fire temple'", which I can't make sense of, but from the look of it it can be bought through PSN and Xbox Live.

Professor
3360th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Fri 27 Jan 07:10post reply

quote:
The official blog seems to be holding a custom palette contest.

No idea if there's a reward or if they might just consider such color scheme for future videos of their or official implementations in sequels though...

Early on it also announces something for early february, but the google translator calls it "Japan only book Rewards 'fire temple'", which I can't make sense of, but from the look of it it can be bought through PSN and Xbox Live.

There's apparently going to be rewards for the winner of each character in this color contest. And also a special "Yamamoto prize" and "Ogura prize".

The fire temple thing is about flame Iori. He's finally going on sale next month in Japan.

Grave
1426th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Fri 27 Jan 07:54post reply

quote:

The color unlocks are up on PSN now - don't know much about the bug though, haven't been too in the loop since buying the game unfortunately. What's the bug that's causing color trouble?

mbisonhatclub
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Sat 28 Jan 04:07post reply

quote:

The color unlocks are up on PSN now - don't know much about the bug though, haven't been too in the loop since buying the game unfortunately. What's the bug that's causing color trouble?

I'm not sure either, but people said their "unlocked colors" disappeared into a locked state again, which I don't think is completely true (but this is how people were arguing it). The bug actually accidentally revealed colors of characters under certain circumstances believed to be triggered by viewing another character's edit mode first that had unlocked colors of a certain amount of rows, and then switching to a character that didn't have that many unlocked rows. But those colors couldn't be used.

Gieflos
70th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: PooplosZ

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Sat 28 Jan 04:27post reply

quote:
I'm not sure either, but people said their "unlocked colors" disappeared into a locked state again, which I don't think is completely true (but this is how people were arguing it). The bug actually accidentally revealed colors of characters under certain circumstances believed to be triggered by viewing another character's edit mode first that had unlocked colors of a certain amount of rows, and then switching to a character that didn't have that many unlocked rows. But those colors couldn't be used.

I noticed the same thing, I'm playing on 360. I unlocked colors for one character and when I went to another character that I didn't work to unlock the colors were there but unusable. I went to the menu and then back and the colors were gone. A minor bug, but strange nonetheless.

Toxico
5569th Post

"Re(4):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Sat 28 Jan 15:24post reply

quote:

I noticed the same thing, I'm playing on 360. I unlocked colors for one character and when I went to another character that I didn't work to unlock the colors were there but unusable. I went to the menu and then back and the colors were gone. A minor bug, but strange nonetheless.

While I agree that that happens the actual bug is one that affects the player data and messes up the character usage; thus in the event that your character usage gets bugged into a number below the color unlock we have that the colors would get re-locked again until the number is manually achieved again.

I heard of a bunch of people who's character usage gets reset to 0 and just lose everything. Personally I have only suffered losing from something like 40 to 39 so it wasn't so bad. In theory even if you lose your unlocked colors whatever customs you made are still there, but if you press edit while it's bugged everything is lost; so a way to avoid the bug is just keeping yourself away from the customize menu after you created your preferred colors.

Lastly, I heard that such a thing happens mostly playing online and arcade mode, luckily I spend 99% of my game time in VS mode which seems to be fine.

..... I hope that I'm not the only one that spends for about something like 3 hours in customize trying to figure out what shade of white suits my characters eyebrows the best or some mundane detail like that.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

mbisonhatclub
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Mon 30 Jan 12:25post reply

WHY DID I TRY PLAYING ONLINE AGAIN. I JUST WANTED TO PLAY KOFXIII INSTEAD OF BLAZBLUE. Andmvc3andssf4weresoldoff

Some people such as Juicebox claim there was some possible PSN patch release of some sort, most possibly a netcode patch, but I didn't get any kind of update whatsoever.

Toxico
5571th Post

"Re(6):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Mon 30 Jan 12:52post reply

quote:
Some people such as Juicebox claim there was some possible PSN patch release of some sort, most possibly a netcode patch, but I didn't get any kind of update whatsoever.

I have only heard of players on Europe getting version 1.02 , and even then there it was no announcement and they don't know what it does except for ruining compatibility with version 1.01

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

mbisonhatclub
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Color unlocking now available for 360" , posted Mon 30 Jan 14:30post reply

quote:
I have only heard of players on Europe getting version 1.02 , and even then there it was no announcement and they don't know what it does except for ruining compatibility with version 1.01
Me too, but Juicebox is in the US. On the other hand, I don't think he's said he's actually personally received it, but I guess we'll find out what's up by the end of this week

Also, word on the street is a certain fighting game has joined the MLG, but I won't say what game that is just yet, just keep your ears up

Professor
3363th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Official list of changes in ver 1.02 patch" , posted Tue 31 Jan 12:48:post reply

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/info/index.html

The patch is only for PS3 at the moment. The Xbox360 will be getting it as well, but there's no solid date as of yet.

Rough translation of the List of changes
Ranked Match: You can now set your rooms so that players with low bars or low disconnects can't join in.
Custom Match: Your room and filter settings will be temporarily memorized by the game.
Connection Display: The Antenna's level display has been improved (I guess this means it won't lie like it used to)
Online Connection: The stability of online connection has been overall improved (Note that it says stability, not speed.)
Player Data: Fix(es) have been made to "Player Data" (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn't say.. probably the reset bug)
Replay: Fix(es) have been made to "Replay" (What exactly the fixes are, it doesn't say.. my guess is the delete bug: you deleted files on the 1st page no matter what you did.)
Misc: Some fixes have been made to "Customize", and also to issues caused with certain characters.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 31 Jan 18:35]

Professor
3364th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Ogosho and Shoki going no holds barred" , posted Wed 1 Feb 02:29:post reply

I think this is a grudge match for the 98/02um tourney they had during the weekend... except this time, it's with KOF13. If you've never heard Ogosho's screamings, now is your chance.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv79852704

Ahh, and the patch seems good, a lot more 4 bars now. I haven't fully tested it out yet, so I need this weekend to make a better judgement whether they have less delays than the previous "it was 4 bars but turned 3 when I went in the room" matches. So far they seem better.

The weird pause right before each match has been taken out, and that by itself does wonders.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 1 Feb 03:08]

mbisonhatclub
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Wed 1 Feb 05:08post reply

And it is beautiful. All KOFXIII could need is spectator mode and lobbies, though I don't expect those at this point. But the playability is AWESOME.

sibarraz
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Wed 1 Feb 09:50post reply

quote:
And it is beautiful. All KOFXIII could need is spectator mode and lobbies, though I don't expect those at this point. But the playability is AWESOME.

for reference, did your matches improved?

And so, against guys from how many distance?

mbisonhatclub
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Wed 1 Feb 10:34post reply

quote:

for reference, did your matches improved?

And so, against guys from how many distance?

I can't tell as I played random people here and there, but one guy I remember playing where it felt like playing underwater, now felt almost like we were playing on the same console, give or take some frames--it was that much better. I don't know what happened with Gunsmith's side of things, but my experience with netplay has been so much better than what he's said. Now I gotta actually levelup in gameplay and be able to execute combos on the fly

Toxico
5573th Post

"Re(4):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Wed 1 Feb 13:30:post reply

Game 10% off on US retailers, as to commemorate the patch and a promoting campaign for the upcoming EVO.... and that's for about it for today? ---- On second thought

Of course, if you don't own the game by know we are definitely going to throw the dogs at ya.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 1 Feb 13:40]

TheRedKnight
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Thu 2 Feb 03:05post reply

quote:

Of course, if you don't own the game by know we are definitely going to throw the dogs at ya.

Uh oh!

Break the chain. Break if for yourself. Free your fighting spirit......

sibarraz
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Thu 2 Feb 03:57post reply

Atlus is such a cool company, for SCR they gave to all the entries in KOF XIII tournament a CD with all the tracks from the DLC characters plus some extra ones that weren't included in the 4 cd pack, and now for evo they will give you an special t shirt to conmemorate the event

Loona
506th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):KOFXIII patch finally here" , posted Thu 2 Feb 13:48post reply

The european PSN now has 3 KoF XII themes for the PSN for sale - oddly they seem to have been made available in reverse order, with the one named number 3 being the first, and apparently number 1 finally becoming available today - 3 had an Ash pic, 2 had Kula and 1 had Mai - I'm no fan of either character, but I was curious, so I got the Mai one - after installing it, the background showed Kyo and Iori, and later Terry (holding a drink with the pic of that yellow dog head from the Fatal Fury menus).
Since the pic in the PSN Store don't seem to completely match what you do get, I wonder whatelse I'll still see in mine, and what pics do the others have...
One nice detail was that the PS3 menu icons mostly got a big NeoGeo feel to them, with NeoGeo controllers and G-Mantle faces all over the place, but nicely implemented.

Professor
3366th Post

MMCafe Owner

"KOFXIII Xbox360 patch & Blog update details" , posted Thu 2 Feb 22:00:post reply

quote:
Since the pic in the PSN Store don't seem to completely match what you do get, I wonder whatelse I'll still see in mine, and what pics do the others have...
One nice detail was that the PS3 menu icons mostly got a big NeoGeo feel to them, with NeoGeo controllers and G-Mantle faces all over the place, but nicely implemented.

Loona: Theme 2 has the new illustrations, like the series heros relaxing and the pop-style series females art.
---

SNKP has made its weekly blog update with three new tidbits of information.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/

1- The version 1.02 patch is available starting today for the Xbox360. The PS3's was already released earlier this week.

2- The color contest deadline has been extended to next week. They're welcoming entries from overseas, and that's the main reason of the deadline extention. They're also thinking of giving out more prizes. They already around 300 entries.

3- A new video has been uploaded, covering some techniques in KOF13. details below.

- When you cancel into HD mode from a normal, you'll automatically dash if it's done as a buffer or during hitstop. But if you do it after the hitstop, a normal B or C attack will come out depending on which button you pressed early when doing B+C. If you pressed it perfectly together, a C will always come out. Same rule applies when doing it in the air.

- Alternate blocking is covered by the video (switch between standing and crouching while you're in block, and you can extend the blocking time).

- Your hurtbox/guardbox during a block is larger than your neutral pose. You can whiff the opponent's attack at times by crouching without blocking, wheras if you block it'll hit.

- If you finish off an HD combo by doing an HD cancel, there's a penalty time where the drive meter doesn't build up. If it naturally depletes at the end, the penalty time doesn't apply.

- The hurtbox during hitback motion is the same for all characters. Other damage motions (like in the air) are different by characters, so it doesn't mean that there's no character-dependent combos in the game.

- Some Neomax gain anywhere juggle property when Maxcanceled. This also means that you can whiff the super and kara Maxcancel it to give the Neomax an anywhere juggle property.

- The early frames in crumple motion is susceptible to throws.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 3 Feb 03:14]

Professor
3367th Post

MMCafe Owner

"KOFXIII netcode in comparison to NGSt KOF96" , posted Sun 5 Feb 09:10:post reply

KOFXIII's netcode in comparison to NeoGeo Station's KOF96

I've tested out the two netcodes with Gunsmith of Orochinagi.com and these are my impressions. He told me that things were a bit different on his side, although I'm not sure if he'll be doing a writeup on it.

1. The input delay and jittering/small hiccups were essentially the same in both games. Neither games implement rollback or frameskip. I thought KOF96 would have less input delay, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

2. However, there's a huge difference in how the two games treat the small hiccups. This dramatically changes the gameplay between the two games. In KOF96, the game completely halts during a network hiccup, including the music and everything. So it's very obvious when there's a hiccup and when it starts moving again. Aesthetically, it's pretty annoying.

3. With KOFXIII, only the characters stop when there's a network hiccup, while the music and background keeps on moving. This is aesthetically more pleasing, but it ends up with worse gameplay issues because it's harder to tell when the game has momentarily stopped. The reason of course is, when you press a button during the hiccup, it won't get registered. This can be a real problem if you're getting split-second hiccups rather than long ones that are easier to notice. That's probably the reason why some people say that their inputs are getting ignored by the game at times.

4. I don't think we'll ever see SNKP changing the netcode's hiccup handling to 96's style, because for the laymen user, it'll probably look like things have worsened.

5. To assure KOFXIII players, I've never encountered these kinds of small hiccups except when playing against overseas users from rural areas or ISPs with a bad reputation.

6. As most people know, in post-patch KOF XIII, the synching only seems to take place in the order select screen. The synching between rounds is no longer there... except unless you have a very bad connection. If you do, there's still going to be synching between the rounds, even if both of the players have the game installed.

7. For anyone wondering, our matches in both games were red bars and the input delay was about 30 frames/ 0.5 secs. We kept getting like a dozen split-second hiccups per every minute. So it was an excellent test case for a bad connection.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 5 Feb 09:48]

Evil_Yagami
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):KOFXIII netcode in comparison to NGSt K" , posted Sun 5 Feb 22:24post reply

Thanks Professor for the matches, I really enjoyed playing KOF XIII with you, btw how was the connection with you? about me there was a little bit delay, but for me it was playable, better from nothing, I use ADSL 4 MB line, the bing is 47 MS, and the distance between my location to Japan is 9009.49 KM, I live in Jordan (Middle East), I guess it's not bad, good job SNK !

Professor
3368th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):KOFXIII netcode in comparison to NGSt K" , posted Mon 6 Feb 04:33:post reply

quote:
Thanks Professor for the matches, I really enjoyed playing KOF XIII with you, btw how was the connection with you? about me there was a little bit delay, but for me it was playable, better from nothing, I use ADSL 4 MB line, the bing is 47 MS, and the distance between my location to Japan is 9009.49 KM, I live in Jordan (Middle East), I guess it's not bad, good job SNK !

If it was 9000KM, then it's pretty good! Ahh.. well, the connection itself was pretty laggy, like 0.6-0.7 seconds of input delay, so it's nothing you can really play competitively. But for the distance, it's pretty acceptable, and amazingly, there were no serious hiccups. Fyi, my ping to local speed test servers are around 16ms.

I think I played with someone from the West coast as well, it was.. quite amazing actually, felt like a match with asia. It was a lot more laggier pre-patch.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 6 Feb 04:35]

Toxico
5575th Post

"CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 14:46:post reply

Site here. Location test starts this weekend.

What is it? Updated arcade version. As of now features aren't know, though it's pretty much implied that it will be "only" a console version fit for the arcade version.... Can we hope for more? Who knows. Famitsu article

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 6 Feb 14:49]

Professor
3368th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 14:58post reply

quote:
Site here. Location test starts this weekend.

What is it? Updated arcade version. As of now features aren't know, though it's pretty much implied that it will be "only" a console version fit for the arcade version.... Can we hope for more? Who knows. Famitsu article

Agh, beat to the news! I will be there to check it out.

mbisonhatclub
447th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 16:26post reply

If it's anymore than what's available on console, I'll lightly vomit. We just got console KOFXIII and don't need an AE style update. I'd rather have them hold off new content for KOFXIV which should be a large and/or different enough sequel.

kofoguz
973th Post

"Re(3):CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 17:23post reply

quote:
If it's anymore than what's available on console, I'll lightly vomit. We just got console KOFXIII and don't need an AE style update. I'd rather have them hold off new content for KOFXIV which should be a large and/or different enough sequel.

If they add something more (I hope) isnt it possible to add those to console port as DLC?

Loona
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 19:45:post reply

quote:
If they add something more (I hope) isnt it possible to add those to console port as DLC?

Dependng on th extent of it, I wouldn't mind. The site's illustration focuses on the home version exclusive characters, so I'm not expecting more than that, but the odd extra tweak would be nice, like extra alternate skins for some characters (ex: Garou outfit for Terry) or fixes for some glitch so obscure it hasn't been noticed/exploited yet.
Then again, there's that Adel artwork...

Edit: it slgihtly bothers me that the Mr Karate in the site's illustration lacks a beard, which the game version has - then again, his ending illustration had lots of tengu masks with all kinds of facial hair and expressions, basically meaning "it doesn't matter". Heh, preferences...

[this message was edited by Loona on Mon 6 Feb 20:01]

sibarraz
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):CLIMAX" , posted Mon 6 Feb 23:42post reply

I wonder if this will be an update for the original game, or a Nesica game, if it's the first one, it will be funny since lots of arcade owners sold their games, but I guess that SNKP will create new boards

In the other hand, will be a bad idea to release it in a type-x2 board, since the game could be hacked again

TheRedKnight
348th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):CLIMAX" , posted Tue 7 Feb 12:01post reply

Well, I am glad to see that SNKP refuses to die or become a console-only developer, but I'm still not going to buy their game and pay 1500 yen for three extra characters.

Break the chain. Break if for yourself. Free your fighting spirit......

Loona
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):CLIMAX" , posted Wed 8 Feb 19:38post reply

I wonder if there will be a way to fight the DLC characters during arcade mode - it would be the only way to give them intro dialog against each other and themselves...
I could imagine at least one of them being fought instead of Ash if you complete more or less target actions, like the difference between fighting Billy or Saiki - probably EX Kyo, since flame Iori breaks plot/immersion at that point, and Mr Karate feels too much like a boss (as it should be) - I can totally imagine a flame Iori fight being tacked on to the end of arcade mode at least for Kyo's team, just like in 97, and for less plot-intensive teams having Mr Karate being the bonus challenge. </plot nerd>

Loona
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):CLIMAX" , posted Thu 9 Feb 19:34post reply

Blog update up - from what I can make out, it has some info on the loke tests for Climax, apparently some listed small changes for a few characters, an update on the palette contest (got extended by a weeek, it seems - I wonder if winning palettes will make it to Climax, would make sense). Haven't managed to watch the video yet, maybe more subtle engine details explained like last time?

Professor
3370th Post

MMCafe Owner

"CLIMAX = KOF13 Debug edition" , posted Thu 9 Feb 20:07:post reply

Or apparently that's pretty much what it sounds like from today's blog update. There's changes listed for only 8 characters, and from the way it's written, that's apparently all.

Shen
- Shen will no longer receive a counter hit penalty when he's hit during his Far C
- Shen will gain some power meter when he bounces off anything stronger than an EX projectile with his Danken(Projectile parry)

Ralf
- Fixed issue where Ralf and Raiden's positions will change and command has be input in reverse when doing Bareback Vulcan (DM) > MAX Cancel >NEOMAX

Saiki
- Fixed Normal throw so that it no longer raises the opponent's meters.

Benimaru
- Fixed issue where doing cl.D>HD bypass will make the characters switch position when the opponent is facing back

Billy
- Took out invincibility on HD bypass

Raiden
- Changed damage on short hop & hyper hop C from 72 to 70

Flame Iori
- Fixed issue where MAX canceling too late from normal Maiden Masher wouldn't target lock the NEOMAX.
- Changed input frames for canceling from Maiden Masher.
- Fixed issue where repeatedly blocking low would display his standing block for a split moment.

Hwa
- Changed cr.B so that it can be HD bypassed.

Color contest received over 600 entries. Judging is going to take way longer than expected so its result announcement will be make a week later than planned.

Video shows off simplified inputs, ways to avoid wrong moves from coming out, and command partitioning. Nothing new that hasn't been explained in the KOF community since 13 came out.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 9 Feb 20:20]

Professor
3371th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Dune vs RF, tomorrow on stream" , posted Thu 9 Feb 21:10:post reply

Since Dune and Ogosho can't make it to World Game Cup in France next week, RF is going to be playing KOF13 (all 3 guys are sponsored by eLive). Dune is going to train him a bit tomorrow.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv80816560
Starts 1PM JST

He might be playing a bit before on a different URL, even as early as 2 hours prior to the scheduled time. If there's a red button here, click it.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 9 Feb 21:21]

Zepy
1579th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Dune vs RF, tomorrow on stream" , posted Thu 9 Feb 23:24post reply

quote:
Since Dune and Ogosho can't make it to World Game Cup in France next week, RF is going to be playing KOF13 (all 3 guys are sponsored by eLive). Dune is going to train him a bit tomorrow.

Haha but tomorrow night is RF's big match on Topanga to avoid coming in last!

I saw RF on stream playing KOF a week ago and he was still learning the combos

Professor
3372th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Dune vs RF, tomorrow on stream" , posted Thu 9 Feb 23:39:post reply

quote:

Haha but tomorrow night is RF's big match on Topanga to avoid coming in last!

I saw RF on stream playing KOF a week ago and he was still learning the combos

Yeaah Topanga, that's why he'll be in Tokyo!

RF is a nooooooob when it comes to kof13. He needs more time.

KOF13Climax will give me a good reason to go to Akiba.. and splity early to buy some doujins.

[edit]Shoki should be playing soon here, press the red button if you see it, stream changes url every 30 mins

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 10 Feb 00:05]

Toxico
5577th Post

"Re(3):Dune vs RF, tomorrow on stream" , posted Fri 10 Feb 01:34post reply

17° uploaded 60 minutes from his post tournament session from the Kyoto tournament . The tournament pretty much had everything from players new to the game, girls that actually looked good and played to old soldiers from A-cho arcade, the video is here

I had not realized that Circle Cannon, one of the combo makers that I follow over at nico actually had a youtube channel, as with most japanese combo makers he specialize on short combo vids that focus in functionality rather than moronic set ups that aren't going to happen in a fight. He also has this project where he does hard to do trials in practice mode, thus we get to see how much damage they do and how they effect power bars and stun meter and whatnot.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but Mad KoF, a top ranked korean player has been uploaded some of matches and he is pretty good, I dare say that he is pretty much the highest level of play you can find for the console version over at youtube. Most of the time he doesn't play known people (that I know of), but some other he gets to have run ins with known players, so that's that. Some times he even plays random select and even when he doesn't he usually changes his team every match, so that's that yet again, har har har.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Shin ATproof
1266th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):CLIMAX" , posted Sat 11 Feb 11:03post reply

Really hope one of my local Arcades picks up Climax.

Ugh, it's really annoying getting back into KoF competitively. When you don't play seriously long enough, you get bodied hard or fall for the stupidest crap and go "oh yeah, I'm supposed to block that high!" lol

Fact: Everything with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Sí mon con langosta y camarón!

GekigangerV
1738th Post

"Reposting art stuff" , posted Sat 11 Feb 14:53:post reply

Since megaupload went down putting other stuff up on hotfile.

http://hotfile.com/dl/146146521/bfa92ee/KOF13Gallery.rar.html

Arcade/Story ending art as well as some character portraits.

http://hotfile.com/dl/146147785/bbe5d6e/miscart.rar.html

Story cut scene images.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 11 Feb 15:00]

Professor
3373th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Sat 11 Feb 15:58:post reply

(The following writeup is an edited re-post from the BBS.)

-KOFXIIICLIMAX thus far seems to be basically just a port of the console version. No new characters or real changes. We'll be hearing more about the game from seasoned players later on, but it seems highly plausible that they won't have anything to report, except "it's great because there's no netplay lag!"

-The title screen is now black, as opposed to the white one from the original arcade and console version.

-The character select screen is the same as the console version with all the characters unlocked. There's a slight change in the way that EX characters are picked. In the console version, you pressed the start button to switch between the normal version and EX version of a character. In CLIMAX, the character changes to the EX version when you're "holding on" to the start button. Meaning, you need to hold on to start and press a button to select them.

-The 5 custom slots are gone in color select. It looks pretty much the same as the original arcade version.

-Practice mode is still available.

-The backgrounds are the same as the console version. Meaning that the new stages like Esaka and Karate are there, but the older stages like Japan are missing a bunch of sumo wrestlers, and the USA stage's huge blimp doesn't have a TV screen on it.

-Right now, the game isn't running on a NesicaxLive enabled cabinet. Meaning it's probably running on a normal TypeX2 PCB. It shouldn't be taken as a sign that the game will be released on PCB though, since this is only a location test phase. Still, it was kind of surprising that there were no signs that the game might use Nesica network features, like player points or custom colors. Then again, we might be speaking too soon, who knows.

-Photos of the handout sheet are here and here.

-Video by Sugarboy here.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 11 Feb 17:16]

Ishmael
4306th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Sun 12 Feb 01:25post reply

Thanks for the write-up Professor! It sounds like there weren't any surprises at the beta -besides the fact that Climax exists- but that was to be expected.

mbisonhatclub
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Sun 12 Feb 09:08post reply

I'm glad it's just an arcade version of the console game basically. Save the new content for a potential KOFXIV because it seems like people actually want it despite claims of KOF being "dead"

Toxico
5580th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Tue 14 Feb 00:59post reply

Blog update about the loke test. Without even reading it, I can guess that it's just a thank you and notes about the public feedback (they did the same for the loke tests of the original version)

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Loona
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Tue 14 Feb 19:41post reply

eSports controversy, in my KoF? It's more likely than you think!
well, at least to the modest extent that some KoF videos are being taken down in Major League Gaming's name, but they're denying involvement, so that apparently it's a case of Youtube overreacting. Either way, interesting times, when you're used to KoF being under the radar.

mbisonhatclub
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Wed 15 Feb 01:00post reply

quote:
eSports controversy, in my KoF? It's more likely than you think!
well, at least to the modest extent that some KoF videos are being taken down in Major League Gaming's name, but they're denying involvement, so that apparently it's a case of Youtube overreacting. Either way, interesting times, when you're used to KoF being under the radar.

I think people really twist the idea of copyrights way too much, and since I actually understand it fairly well, let me clear things up on how things should take place.

MLG can own the rights to display KOF all they want, but copyright law never entitles an external company to the exclusive rights to distribute, perform, display, reproduce, or make derivative works thereof. MLG is not authorized to make a call on copyright infringement over other peoples' streams (and this is why people are panicking); they are only authorized copyright over their own streams/videos. The only one, by copyright law, who has the actual ability to injunction somebody over videos is--take a wild guess!

Therefore, if videos get taken down, it really is a mistake of Youtube's paranoia, but ultimately, it's not MLG's say, unless they lie and claim a video belongs to them.

In light of such, KOFXIII having higher pots may well entice higher level people to play to the bestest of their ability just to get a taste of that green, which would lead to some really high quality (but expensive to watch) matches, but it would also give SNKP some moneys, and SNKP in turn may think "Oh crap, people love KOF, even if it's just for the higher pot, we should make a new one!" In a business sense, it could be one of the smarter things SNKP does, and that would be a win-win situation if it keeps them from relying too much upon their Pachinko and mobile dating game nonsense.

Loona
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Thu 16 Feb 18:40post reply

Blog update - mostly about the palette contest, listing the prozes apparently. It mentions a master guide for XIII, but maybe it only applies to the arcade version? I'm not sure if a different one was already released for console/Climax...

Professor
3374th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Re(10):CLIMAX" , posted Thu 16 Feb 19:43post reply

quote:
Blog update - mostly about the palette contest, listing the prozes apparently. It mentions a master guide for XIII, but maybe it only applies to the arcade version? I'm not sure if a different one was already released for console/Climax...

It's the arcade version. These are probably all leftovers in their offices that they're giving out as prizes.

Longthread too long, time to move on!