"SNK Stuff Thread 3 - Swimsuit Mai Edition" , posted Thu 8 Sep 15:03post reply

The previous thread.
The previous previous thread.

Senri Kita Blog / Hiroaki Blog
Nona Twitter / Nona Yfrog / Nona Blog
Other Artist Info / Other Artist Info 2

Home Console Stuff

Large-sized box art
360 http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeu/t/h/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/xl/the-king-of-fighters-4e33809babfe6.jpg
PS3 http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeu/t/h/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/xl/the-king-of-fighters-4e3380b43354c.jpg

Replies:

Professor
3228th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):SNK Stuff Thread 3 - Swimsuit Mai Editi" , posted Thu 8 Sep 15:10:post reply

Here's something interesting.

Apparently, SNKP is throwing in another bonus for the Japanese release. A set of 12 picture cards, including one that's newly drawn featuring Mai and Yuri in swimsuits.

http://www.m-land.co.jp/img/toku/4964808302222-t.jpg

There's no details whether this is a preorder bonus, if it's limited to certain shop(s), or whatnot. We'll probably know soon.  It's most likely a shop bonus. Major game retailer Sofmap also announced that they'll have store preorder bonuses: newly drawn telephone calling cards with different artwork depending on whether you get the PS3 or the 360 version.

Also, here's a quick rundown of this week's official blog update. I'll skip on most of the game event at Hiroshima & Fukuoka.

KOF XIII will feature three varieties of Misson modes: Time attack mode, Survival mode, and Trial mode.

-Time Trial mode is pretty much straightforward: you challenge 10 stages and try and set a record for the time it took to beat them. The current stage number gets indicated below the time on the top screen. There's an online ranking for this: You can register your time and check how well you did against other players in the world.

-Survival mode is the same good old traditional thing since the NeoGeo days. You keep fighting the CPU to see how many you can beat, and you get a little life back after every battle. The number of enemies beaten shows up above your life bar.

-Trial mode lets you challenge various combos for different characters. Each character has 10 combos of ascending difficulty levels (Lv1-10), and they become harder and longer. There's BnBs as well as some hardcore stuff. You'll always be fighting against Takuma at the Kyokugenryu Dojo in this mode, because it's seriously like a martial art training. What's interesting is that you can do other attacks inbetween the moves that are ordered in the trial. It's fine as long as it stays as a combo, so you can create your own method of solving the trials. Additional characters such as Saiki and Flame Iori haven't been left out of this mode, so rest assured.

-Next week's blog update will be on story mode.

-The demo event at Hiroshima was bombarded with a hurricane. The trains had all stopped, but some people still came around and enjoyed the game to themselves. In Fukuoka, the people playing there were hardcore and they weren't playing around.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 8 Sep 20:47]

sibarraz
273th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life
Wii: n/a

Copper Customer

"Re(2):SNK Stuff Thread 3 - Swimsuit Mai Editi" , posted Fri 9 Sep 01:02post reply

quote:
Here's something interesting.

Apparently, SNKP is throwing in another bonus for the Japanese release. A set of 12 picture cards, including one that's newly drawn featuring Mai and Yuri in swimsuits.

http://www.m-land.co.jp/img/toku/4964808302222-t.jpg

There's no details whether this is a preorder bonus, if it's limited to certain shop(s), or whatnot. We'll probably know soon.  It's most likely a shop bonus. Major game retailer Sofmap also announced that they'll have store preorder bonuses: newly drawn telephone calling cards with different artwork depending on whether you get the PS3 or the 360 version.

Also, here's a quick rundown of this week's official blog update. I'll skip on most of the game event at Hiroshima & Fukuoka.

KOF XIII will feature three varieties of Misson modes: Time attack mode, Survival mode, and Trial mode.

-Time Trial mode is pretty much straightforward: you challenge 10 stages and try and set a record for the time it took to beat them. The current stage number gets indicated below the time on the top screen. There's an online ranking for this: You can register your time and check how well you did against other players in the world.

-Survival mode is the same good old traditional thing since the NeoGeo days. You keep fighting the CPU to see how many you can beat, and you get a little life back after every battle. The number of enemies beaten shows up above you

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Glad too hear that you can combine other moves on the trials, I always found stupid that you can't combine them

Professor
3231th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):SNK Stuff Thread 3 - KOF-i Update Patch" , posted Fri 9 Sep 01:56:post reply

KOF-i has reportedly just gotten an update patch. Can anyone brief details? I'm hearing that it's normal Iori that's in the game. (The rest of the 5 slated characters are the secretaries and Liz team)

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 9 Sep 02:00]

karasu99
738th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):SNK Stuff Thread 3 - KOF-i Update Patch" , posted Fri 9 Sep 01:59post reply

quote:
KOF-i has reportedly just gotten an update patch. Can anyone brief details?

I'm not seeing it yet in the US store, but often there's a slight delay-- there was with its original release. I'll keep an eye out and post as soon as I know something.

www.secret-arts.com

Evil_Yagami
29th Post

Rare Customer

"KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 03:12post reply

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1999248.jpg

kofoguz
931th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 07:16:post reply

quote:

The stage screams Shion to me.
Edit: Nevermind, they say it's the stage for Takuma in AOF1.
You know I really want to see him back. Also see more TFTP&Botan action. Only new character they introduce so far is Saiki.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Fri 9 Sep 07:34]

mbisonhatclub
378th Post

PSN: hadoolket
XBL: n/a

Silver Customer

"Re(2):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 08:00:post reply

quote:
You know I really want to see him back. Also see more TFTP&Botan action. Only new character they introduce so far is Saiki.

I get this odd feeling RSG did mess up on the information still and that the DLC characters are part of those "5 console characters" afterall, because it's a little bit late, otherwise.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Fri 9 Sep 09:34]

sibarraz
274th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 10:38post reply

quote:
I get this odd feeling RSG did mess up on the information still and that the DLC characters are part of those "5 console characters" afterall, because it's a little bit late, otherwise.

Only if the mascot from the Neo Geo Pocket is avaliable to play

Amakusa
891th Post

"Re(2):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 11:08post reply

quote:

Shion was one of the best things about XI even though I hated fighting him.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

karasu99
739th Post

"Re(3):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 9 Sep 13:57post reply

Just downloaded the update, and there is a second new stage-- I don't know the arcade version, so I don't know if it's entirely new. It's a 'top of the stadium' level.

www.secret-arts.com

Evil Yagami
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Last 2 DLC Characters in KOF XIII" , posted Fri 9 Sep 20:16post reply

Ex Kyo + Mr. Karate are the last characters :

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Evil_Yagami/dlc.png

sibarraz
276th Post

Copper Customer

"New DLC characters" , posted Fri 9 Sep 21:16:post reply

quote:
Just downloaded the update, and there is a second new stage-- I don't know the arcade version, so I don't know if it's entirely new. It's a 'top of the stadium' level.

That one already has been showed for the console version

And about the new dlc characters, ex kyo is fine with me, but takuma, I don't know how he well be played

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Fri 9 Sep 21:25]

Loona
457th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Gold Customer

"Re(1):New DLC characters" , posted Fri 9 Sep 21:33post reply

quote:
And about the new dlc characters, ex kyo is fine with me, but takuma, I don't know how he well be played

In SvC there were 2 version with different moves, the boss one mixing Takuma 2k2 and AoF1 movesets on top of some classics. Either way, Mr Karate considered as desirable as classic Iori and punchy Kyo is good news to me.
I wonder if this means regular Takuma loses his masked version when selected with the start button though

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

mbisonhatclub
378th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Last 2 DLC Characters in KOF XIII" , posted Fri 9 Sep 21:48post reply

quote:
Ex Kyo + Mr. Karate are the last characters :

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Evil_Yagami/dlc.png

Wait...they're serious about this? Ex Kyo is okay, but...seriously? Why the hell did they go through all the trouble of hiding that? When you hide something and claim it's "surprising"...just, no. Well, I'm still getting it nonetheless, but...seriously?

SNKP just made me facepalm so hard that my head broke off and flew around the world and then returned to my body in a bloody pulp.

Pollyanna
3110th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Last 2 DLC Characters in KOF XIII" , posted Fri 9 Sep 21:59post reply

Mr. Karate is kinda lame, since you could play Takuma with a mask already...but I guess if they went to that much trouble, they might as well go all the way. They have enough Takuma version to play with. It makes me not feel like paying for him, though.

On the other hand, white jacket Kyo is a big victory for me. I was afraid he'd have the school uniform, resulting in new-looking Kyo playing like old Kyo and old-looking Kyo playing like newer Kyo. Now, it's probably just "white jacket Kyo playing like white jacket Kyo", which doesn't rape my fragile mind.

Still...buhhhhh on the whole.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

sibarraz
276th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Last 2 DLC Characters in KOF XIII" , posted Fri 9 Sep 23:05post reply

quote:
Mr. Karate is kinda lame, since you could play Takuma with a mask already...but I guess if they went to that much trouble, they might as well go all the way. They have enough Takuma version to play with. It makes me not feel like paying for him, though.

On the other hand, white jacket Kyo is a big victory for me. I was afraid he'd have the school uniform, resulting in new-looking Kyo playing like old Kyo and old-looking Kyo playing like newer Kyo. Now, it's probably just "white jacket Kyo playing like white jacket Kyo", which doesn't rape my fragile mind.

Still...buhhhhh on the whole.

I'm confused lol

Still, I wonder if kyo will had three costumes per character (Orochi/Nests/Ash) Or Ex Kyo will just had his nests costume

mbisonhatclub
379th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Last 2 DLC Characters in KOF XIII" , posted Sat 10 Sep 00:43post reply

This has been the general reaction thusfar on my side of the fence

Loona
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Sat 10 Sep 00:53post reply

quote:

I'm still not entirely sure if the girlin the background is supposed to be Botan, Shiki from SS or someone else - the stage's history would hint at Yuri, but she's playable and the look doesn't really fit...

kofoguz
931th Post

"Re(2):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Sat 10 Sep 01:55post reply

From Frionel;
Encore une fois les Français ont prouvé avec brio à SNKP que c'était impossible de faire quoi que ce soit de sérieux avec eux...

Mais à part un cerveau, je ne vois pas de quoi on aurait besoin pour comprendre que diffuser des infos pour lesquelles aucune annonce officielle n'a été faite, destinées aux revendeurs, n'est pas quelque chose à faire.

J'espère que les gens qui ont diffusé comprennent qu'ils viennent tout simplement de baiser les relations entre SNKP Japon et l'éditeur Européen (ainsi que les liens entre l'Editeur euro et le distributeur FR...)

Merci les gars, sérieux vous gérez grave!

Je me demande pourquoi je me casse le cul autant au final...

Donc juste pour calmer les esprits, ce qu'il ya sur le PDF montré est FAUX. C'est un mélange de trucs qui ont été très mal compris par la personne qui l'a écrit.
Je vous demande d'attendre les annonces officielles pour en savoir plus.

Merci.

Une annonce officielle de l'éditeur devrait arriver la semaine prochaine pour démentir ces conneries.

Je peux vous dire un truc : les arts existent, mais l'auteur du document n'avait vraisemblablement aucune idée du pourquoi du comment.

Je peux vous dire de manière officielle que les informations relatives à ces persos et au prix qui a été donné sont totalement fausses.

Il faut attendre les annonces officielles avant de s'extasier.

Merci :)

Translation;
Once again the French have shown brilliantly in SNKP it was impossible to do anything serious with them ...

But other than a brain, I do not know what would be needed to understand that disseminate information for which no official announcement has been made, for resellers, not something to do.

I hope people understand that they have released are just kissing SNKP relations between Japan and the European editor (and the links between the euro Publisher and distributor FR ...)

Thank you guys, seriously you manage serious!

I wonder why I break your ass in the end all ...

So just to calm things down, what is shown on the PDF is FALSE. It is a mixture of things that have been poorly understood by the person who wrote it.
I ask you to wait for official announcements to learn more.

Thank you.

An official announcement of the publisher is expected to arrive next week to deny that shit.

I can tell you one thing: the arts exist, but the document's author probably had no idea why and how.

I can tell you formally that the information on these characters and the price that was given is completely false.

It was not until the official announcements before rave.

Thank you :)

This was from Sonictempest post from Orochinagi.
Weird news all over.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII.

Kane317
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Sat 10 Sep 05:31post reply

quote:

SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII.

^ Lols.

www.youtube.com/kane317

kofoguz
932th Post

"Re(4):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Sun 11 Sep 04:26post reply

So slow thread in mmcafe, so I should be the one posting news I guess.

Arts like this on the cyberfanatix main page.

If you want more of them some nice soul from orochinagi send a rar file of Gallery for KoF-i. at Mediafire.

Here is 2 hours gameplay video for The King of Fighters XIII ~ Console Ver ~ from Take All Comers Tournament in London – UK.

Also two KoF-i videos here and here.

I noticed Candy is laying on the junks lifeless in the Iori '95 stage.

sibarraz
277th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Sun 11 Sep 07:03post reply

quote:
So slow thread in mmcafe, so I should be the one posting news I guess.

Arts like this on the cyberfanatix main page.

If you want more of them some nice soul from orochinagi send a rar file of Gallery for KoF-i. at Mediafire.

Here is 2 hours gameplay video for The King of Fighters XIII ~ Console Ver ~ from Take All Comers Tournament in London – UK.

Also two KoF-i videos here and here.

I noticed Candy is laying on the junks lifeless in the Iori '95 stage.

Some images are cut off : (

kofoguz
933th Post

"Re(6):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 00:57post reply

quote:
Some images are cut off : (

Evil yagami posted all(?) of them in a thread.
I especially liked this and hope they added rest of the cast to the gallery for unlock.

Also full intro.

Sibarraz looks like this weekend you and I were the only costumers to the cafe. Weird.

mbisonhatclub
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 02:26:post reply

quote:
Also full intro.

Sibarraz looks like this weekend you and I were the only costumers to the cafe. Weird.

Though the video was pretty much cell phone quality, it's really amazing animated work. I kind of wonder how they managed to afford all of this stuff with SNKP's supposed budget levels. And have such great talented music, unlike a certain other overripe group that makes fighting games with Gersploosh level shit. They must be taking out so many student loans on this.

I've been keeping up with the threads, but Mr. Karate just really hit me hard that I didn't feel like posting a response:
quote:
I'm just wondering about this count of 3 console characters instead of 5 given to us by Frionel, and if it's just a current build count or what. On top of that, the 3 DLC character cap, if this is a final number. If it's adjustable further down the road through patches, then I can't really complain now, as it seems that might be the road BBCS is taking when it might find time to make Relius available in the console versions. Maybe, SNK needs to take a cue from Arcsys about this...and as well, be careful about using hype with words like "surprising" when it turns out the result isn't so "surprising", because I'm already seeing people complain about the results hardly being surprising.
It's like I was foretelling everything but I was in denial at the same time.

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Mon 12 Sep 02:29]

Baines
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 03:08post reply

quote:
It's like I was foretelling everything but I was in denial at the same time.

The surprise is that SNK actually went through with the most predictable palette swaps instead of adding other characters.

As you say, it was predictable, but everyone wants to believe/hope...

Iggy
9294th Post

"Re(7):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 08:07post reply

quote:
Also full intro.

Wow. I really wasn't expecting anything of that quality. Too bad the video introduce so many characters that didn't make it into the game, but I'm curious about the scenario excuse for why Adel isn't there, after this intro. Anyhow, SNKP GJ.

My understanding of the extra characters was that Billy was in the game unlocked from the start, maybe Saiki as well but I'm even less sure, Iori was a download code if you buy the game new, and the other two... probably DLC? Or the 3 are preorder bonuses depending on the shop? I'm probably wrong anyway.

Anyhow. Obviously, I would have loved the game to have 10 more beautiful characters that wouldn't be copy and pastes and be balanced at the same time, but it's probably for the best that they didn't butchered some popular character with a hack job (or a port of old resolution sprite, which would have been so sad, and expected from Playmore of the old day). Instead, they asserted their resources, saw that they could draw only Billy in that time/budget frame (seeing how he looks OK, but a bit stiff, it was probably already tough), and resorted on only edits for the others, which is even more than could have been expected.
The only hope I have now would be that the game wouldn't be too broken balance-wise (as I don't have high expectations for the online, and I found out it was easier to play KOF with real people in my living room than any other fighting game, so I'm fine with it). When you think of the history of the company, the end result is pretty astonishing.

Of course, some people live in a parallel dimension where everything is free and art appears on screen by its own will, and are legitimately outraged by the laziness of the port.
But seen from the realm I live in, it all looks better than I could have reasonably imagined.

Toxico
5459th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(8):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 08:36:post reply

quote:
I really wasn't expecting anything of that quality.

Agreed.

quote:

My understanding of the extra characters was that Billy was in the game unlocked from the start, maybe Saiki as well but I'm even less sure, Iori was a download code if you buy the game new, and the other two... probably DLC? Or the 3 are preorder bonuses depending on the shop?

Ok, the situation is kinda confusing but after reading bits and bits of info here and there it appears that the business is for about as following:

- Billy and Saiki : Unlockable through the game (stated through development blog) (Billy seems to have a much easier condition than Saiki if we judge by one of the recent tournaments which had no Saiki for the audience).

- Flaming Iori has been announced as DLC openly and clearly several times (news sites, sites and trailers).

- Ok, here is the tricky part. Zipper Kyo and Honki Karate haven't been announced at all, what happened was that a magazine received the official art for them and proceeded to publish a completely bogus article with made up facts and irrelevant hopes and comments, thus everything besides the art that has been told about those two is clearly false. They do, however, fit in the place of the two well known and loved Green Slime Monsters who have allegedly already been labeled as DLC.

- From the bits that we have gotten about publisher information, the hint is that DLC surely is going to be present on all markets ( EU, US, JP, AS ), however what's different is that some sectors are going to pack up the DLC within their preorder bonus and some other zones are not going to do that, or have not said anything about it. In other words some zones might have more than 1 form of getting the DLC.

- SNK has made no announcement about those two, however Gunsmith theorizes that they are going to make an official statement that discredits the "fanmade" article from that french magazine (probably without "officially confirming" those two yet). Considering their behavior I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to keep quiet with the characters until after console release was out.

Bottom line? The current cast fits with the "36" which Yamamoto slipped in a interview. There is this rumor going around that there are still characters left to reveal; for what I have traced that Rumor comes from Gunsmith asking around a few weeks back then if the audience "could stand" getting Kyo - 1 and Kyo - 2 (or the like (sprite clones)) as an extra last minute bonus added to the cast. Even if we go positive with that way of thinking and say "hey, there are more guys in store for us", at best we are going to get something like Shingo, Kusanagi or another Kyo by-product or something.

quote:

Of course, some people live in a parallel dimension where everything is free and art appears on screen by its own will, and are legitimately outraged by the laziness of the port.

It still surprises me how people wanted like 3 new extra surprise teams or something. Once you collect "testimonies" about it, it becomes painfully obvious that the staff working on the console release is much less numerous than the staff working on the arcade release (release which already suffered from "short hands to draw stuff"). On what kind of magic do people believe now days?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 22 as of 10/01/11

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 12 Sep 08:55]

Iggy
9295th Post

"Re(9):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 08:42post reply

Thanks for clarifying the conditions on the extra characters!

On second thought, I'm more than relieved that they decided that the only character they would draw would be Billy, a character totally disconnected from the Ash storyline, but somewhat popular and recognisable, over any of the demo-only characters since KOF2003. And imagine if they had chosen Mukai or Magaki instead...
Everything in this port has been done so well I'm starting to question who is behind it. It cannot be the same SNKP people we laughed at for the last 10 years, can it?

Professor
3231th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 11:12post reply

About Mr. Karate. Think about it. Takuma must be so poor he's double-registered himself for a better chance at winning KOF's prize money.

Everyone is wondering at what happened with the console version of 13. It just doesn't seem like the usual SNKP product. It seems like the developers..... care. The iPhone version is awfully good too.

It wouldn't be so surprising if they might be along the borders of life or death for the series and need to show their boss that it can make money.

Toxico
5460th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 11:24:post reply

BTW Prof, now that there are new stages on the Iphone, wouldn't be possible to add them to the Dialogue Maker or something? (Maker which is supposedly still on testing stage?)

edit : Speaking of, "New Esaka 95" should be 96.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 12 Sep 11:38]

karasu99
742th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 11:51post reply

quote:
About Mr. Karate. Think about it. Takuma must be so poor he's double-registered himself for a better chance at winning KOF's prize money.

Har, then maybe he can fix up the dojo. It's looking pretty ratty.
quote:

Everyone is wondering at what happened with the console version of 13. It just doesn't seem like the usual SNKP product. It seems like the developers..... care. The iPhone version is awfully good too.

It wouldn't be so surprising if they might be along the borders of life or death for the series and need to show their boss that it can make money.

I wish there was some amount of insight to be had into the development of both the arcade and the console version-- but then I would also need some insight into earlier games to make the comparison. I'm just curious about what sets this one apart. Clearly SNKP is doing something right!

As for the DLC and hidden characters, I'm a little excited about Mr. Karate, since there is a whole lot to work with as far as Takuma's moveset over the years goes.

But even as far as peoples' disappointment goes, I think part of it is that games like KOF XI and even the two dream matches spoiled us by making us expect extras-- that and using the Green Slime Monsters to work everyone into a speculative frenzy. Think about it-- how long has it been since actual hidden characters have been present in Street Fighter. Maybe... Akuma and Dan in SFZ? I'm just happy for Billy and for a finished version of a character who should have been playable like Saiki.

www.secret-arts.com

sibarraz
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 14:19:post reply

The iphone version as a clean version of the console intro right?

I hope than one day we could get a rip from that intro.

Still, this game seems to had a lot of detail, which like the professor said, is weird, since SNKP has spoiled us to products whcih are really poor this last time (Samurai Shodown Sen on consoles has less content that some SNKP XBLA games, and they even used the same interface)

The thing on why I think that KOF has such loyal fans, is that when SNKP wants, they really know how to make fan service, or hidden references without being to obnoxious with it, and specially with this game, they seem to care to please hardcore fans, but at the same time, approach to those who are not that familiar with SNK

I hope that this product with quality is the first of much other products in the future, at this point, I just want to play a game that I had been expecting since the release trailer from aou 2008

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Mon 12 Sep 14:23]

Professor
3233th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 17:22:post reply

Toxico & Karasu:
I've already created the additional backgrounds (not updated yet) except for PaoPao Cafe stage and the new Mr.Karate stage. Those two are a problem and it'd be a great help if HUDless screenshots when the round is about to begin could be taken. The Karate stage will be an even bigger problem since I'll need additional shots to erase the character images as well. Once that's done and a few twitches are made, I'll probably make it public.

Sibarraz:
All in all, as Toxico and Iggy had implied, the team at SNKP seems to have done their best within their underbudgeted manpower. I'm really surprised that there's animation in this CS intro, since that's additional money to hire a studio.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 12 Sep 17:23]

kofoguz
934th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Mon 12 Sep 19:09post reply

Well, since this game is announced '08 and probably under development from that point, you only know after KOF XII they're short of man power. But after KoF XIII you just dont know how many characters they intended to add is finished how many shelved.

I remember the giraffe man, the mongolian wrestler and a girl from the Malin's organization (which is scrapped obviously -hello, out of nowhere yuri hate, eventhough she was after women's team in '03). So they were planning (more like hoping) to add exclusive -not so storyline centric- new characters. And after all of the remaining four bad allocations and Orochi CYS stage I am still expecting a TFTP team. Im not holding my breath though. I'm sure they were working on it. The question is are they gonna be able to add them in time.

Anyway, the product is superb as it is now. And I'm planning to buy eventhough I dont own PS3 yet, and it probably cost me around 3 times more than you guys pay for it (). With the shipping and ridiculous taxes. But I think it's gonna worth every kuruş.

Toxico
5460th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 00:22post reply

Fluffy Combo part 4 (It's the guys from Acho) Nico Ver - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

karasu99
743th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 00:57post reply

quote:
Toxico & Karasu:
I've already created the additional backgrounds (not updated yet) except for PaoPao Cafe stage and the new Mr.Karate stage. Those two are a problem and it'd be a great help if HUDless screenshots when the round is about to begin could be taken. The Karate stage will be an even bigger problem since I'll need additional shots to erase the character images as well. Once that's done and a few twitches are made, I'll probably make it public.

Hey Professor-- I can't do it early today but I may have some time in a few hours to get those to you. Refresh my memory-- what size image is best?

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4207th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(6):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 02:23post reply

quote:
Well, since this game is announced '08 and probably under development from that point, you only know after KOF XII they're short of man power. But after KoF XIII you just dont know how many characters they intended to add is finished how many shelved.

I don't know what the timeline was, but I suspect SNKP had to first decide on the amount of DLC they were going to have and then had to make certain they had enough material to fill all the slots. The crunch of a deadline is the only reason I can think of for someone like Adel not making it in and for four of the five new characters being built out of parts from pre-existing models. Not to take anything away from Mr. Karate -his fans must number well into the double digits!- but there was a time these Ura characters would have been hidden with nothing more than a code or the start button.

I wonder if the characters who didn't make it this time will have to wait until KoF14 or will there be a revision to this game? Perhaps the console version will be popular enough that KoFXIII Ultimate Extend will be out before the end of 2012.

sibarraz
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 06:09post reply

quote:
I don't know what the timeline was, but I suspect SNKP had to first decide on the amount of DLC they were going to have and then had to make certain they had enough material to fill all the slots. The crunch of a deadline is the only reason I can think of for someone like Adel not making it in and for four of the five new characters being built out of parts from pre-existing models. Not to take anything away from Mr. Karate -his fans must number well into the double digits!- but there was a time these Ura characters would have been hidden with nothing more than a code or the start button.

I wonder if the characters who didn't make it this time will have to wait until KoF14 or will there be a revision to this game? Perhaps the console version will be popular enough that KoFXIII Ultimate Extend will be out before the end of 2012.

To be fair, it seems that Iori 2000 (yeah, for me is not 98) has a new sprite, same with the alt custome of kyo, so maybe ex kyo will be a new sprite too

I suspect to see a new KOF XIII AE for arcades the next year, with more characters

kofoguz
935th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 06:32post reply

quote:

I hope so, Blazblue does it with lesser amount of characters, why not KOF XII. And other fighting games sells colors makes money and we have free color edit for KOF XIII and unlockable new colors, so I hope SNK at least sells alt. costumes for money.

Ishmael
4208th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 06:58post reply

quote:
To be fair, it seems that Iori 2000 (yeah, for me is not 98) has a new sprite, same with the alt custome of kyo, so maybe ex kyo will be a new sprite too

I suspect to see a new KOF XIII AE for arcades the next year, with more characters

Is EX Iori a fully new sprite or are his old clothes layered onto his existing sprite, in the manner of Yuri's hair or Takuma's mask? Honestly, I don't know enough about the process that SNKP is using but I can't imagine they wouldn't try to use some parts of what they had already created as a base. Can anybody who actually knows what they are talking about fill me in?

Toxico
5463th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 07:27:post reply

quote:
Is EX Iori a fully new sprite or are his old clothes layered onto his existing sprite, in the manner of Yuri's hair or Takuma's mask?
Can anybody who actually knows what they are talking about fill me in?

The process that SNK is following to create the sprites is roughly (by their statements) something like :

(Names completely made up by me)
- Planing and Sketching (this is made on paper / talk, concept. No hardware work at all).
- Rendering (they create a 3D "skeleton" of the character and their movements. Allegedly they said that this is the worst part of creating a character from scratch, as it includes shading and movement (this part of the process is why the fanmade XII style sprites looks like crap when compared head to head with the real thing)). (Think of these like a hired model which has to stand naked in the center of the room, for SNK to draw her in their computers). (If a character needs to be remade 80 times before finally getting to the end result, this is where those 80 times happen to occur).
- Dotting. (The pixel work that goes into the character and color usage). (The actual work in drawing the model).

Now, when doing a sprite edit from a character what SNK does is take the 3D skeleton of the character and "move it in different ways" and then dot it into something different that ends as the result. "Color changes" like Big Bear or Masked Andy are only changes on the dotting part of the character and not the 3D skeleton.

Now, what people is confused is that from Ash -> Saiki the 3D skeleton barely got some new moves and thus it looks only like a "head edit"; but according to reports Iori has many new other motions (like his neutral stance), and thus apparently from the skeleton phase he already got many changes and thus "feels new". Let's hope that Zipper Kyo Honki Karate suffer a similar fate and "look new", unlike Saiki.

For the record, pretty much all of the unused sketches from the mooks seem to be from the first "planning stages" and then dotted; same goes for Oswald, Chang and the others that where created for that blog article (hence, it's definitely not like "they are guaranteed to appear at some point because they are half away worked" on or something).

Also, for what I read 94' and 96' era sprites also included those steps, however the 3D models used as skeleton where more simple and the very same stages of work where much more lazy (in fact when I read that they used models as a base I couldn't believe it since most MVS era sprites are not that congruent on movement / proportions).

edit : Oh, I forgot. Combo vid, it's by the guys from the fluffy team. It's also on Nico Nico - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 13 Sep 09:03]

sibarraz
280th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 08:55post reply

quote:
Is EX Iori a fully new sprite or are his old clothes layered onto his existing sprite, in the manner of Yuri's hair or Takuma's mask?
Can anybody who actually knows what they are talking about fill me in?

The process that SNK is following to create the sprites is roughly (by their statements) something like :

(Names completely made up by me)
- Planing and Sketching (this is made on paper / talk, concept. No hardware work at all).
- Rendering (they create a 3D "skeleton" of the character and their movements. Allegedly they said that this is the worst part of creating a character from scratch, as it includes shading and movement (this part of the process is why the fanmade XII style sprites looks like crap when compared head to head with the real thing)). (Think of these like a hired model which has to stand naked in the center of the room, for SNK to draw her in their computers). (If a character needs to be remade 80 times before finally getting to the end result, this is where those 80 times happen to occur).
- Dotting. (The pixel work that goes into the character and color usage). (The actual work in drawing the model).

Now, when doing a sprite edit from a character what SNK does is take the 3D skeleton of the character and "move it in different ways" and then dot it into something different that ends as the result. "Color changes" like Big Bear or Masked Andy are only changes on the dotting part of the character and not the 3D skeleton.

Now, w

94-96 used models?

I always thought that SNK did their sprites just ''at the eye'' sans AOF 3, that's something new and interesting to hear

kofoguz
937th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 18:10:post reply

quote:
For the record, pretty much all of the unused sketches from the mooks seem to be from the first "planning stages" and then dotted; same goes for Oswald, Chang and the others that where created for that blog article (hence, it's definitely not like "they are guaranteed to appear at some point because they are half away worked" on or something).
No , no my point wasnt that. I never said unused sketch exist so they must be halfway. Although I saw people believe that one sprite sheet of Oswald, Chang, Momoko and Malin a possible proof.

Anyway my point was they were planning adding non storyline centric new characters. Since we dont know how they worked ("Alright team/artist we finished this character let's move to the other character" or different amount of team(s)/artist(s) were working on different sprites simultaneously). Latter one is possible but the numbers are mystery. So we are not sure how many characters are they're working on now or how many they shelved. They quit the idea of KOF exclusive characters on the plan/talk process or in a later process.
I hope I'm being understood.
Edit:Process of Pixel art.
So it almost takes one year to have a finished character.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Tue 13 Sep 18:34]

sibarraz
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Tue 13 Sep 23:08post reply

The only characters that I think are missing are malin, oswald, momoko and adheleid, but that's just because I think that those characters introduced in the ash saga need to appear at least one more time, plus oswald must be one of the best designs from the last time

Actually, on perspective, I think that I really liked the design of the new hero team, ash was a bit hard to like at the beggining, but SNKP did a good job to make him a cool character. Same with duo, shen and elisabeth

Ishmael
4209th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 00:21post reply

quote:

Thanks for filling in the blanks. It sounds like SNKP can use some of their old material for the EX characters but it still require work to make them feel like they aren't the old character wearing a new hat. Then again, considering how labor intensive the characters are the work needed on the EX characters is probably quite short in comparison.

ez2torta
0th Post

New Customer

"Hi!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 05:46post reply

Hi!

Just posting here to get updates for ConsoleKOFXIII <3

mbisonhatclub
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 07:57post reply

quote:
Edit:Process of Pixel art.
So it almost takes one year to have a finished character.

It probably took a year and a half for the KOFXII sprites, and it's really a wonder how many people are staffed for sprite work to manage a certain number of characters.

I remember someone mentioning how they actually managed to cut the sprite development time to roughly half a year per character due to the increased framerate in KOFXIII, meaning less necessary frames for fluidness. But then it also becomes a little easier to see in characters like Kula. On the other hand, the pacing of the game means most people hardly notice it unless they're REALLY anally looking for it.

Someone also seemed to quote SNKP as claiming they can do roughly 9-10 characters per year, which means they have about 5+ people working on the animation staff at the same time right now. Hopefully that can enlargen once they get in enough financial gain from KOFXIII console version, and they can stay in business and give KOF fans more of what they love, whether it be updated versions of KOFXIII or KOFXIV a couple years down the road (and hopefully not a damn Pachinko game). Former seemingly more likely just because of the slow rate of character production.

viparas
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 08:21post reply

Knowing SNK, if KOF13 sells well they will whore it out to the max. No offense in that statement either. I have purchased KOF98 at least 4 times, and don't really regret any of them :|

As for extra characters....
Ramon, Vanessa and Seth missing ever since Capcom made C.Viper, El Fuerte and Seth. Hmmmmmmmmmm

SF3: Makoto/Alex/Hugo
SF4: Vega
SSF4: Vega/Makoto

Toxico
5465th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 08:26post reply

SNK doesn't remake a game eternally. The only reason of why 98' got so many ultimate was because the game was made exclusively for the 98' fan, and the 98' fan hated it; with 02UM that wasn't the case as they only did the official version and then the pro arcade tweak. For 98' it looks like FE is going to be the last straw since the 98' fan actually liked it this time around.

Atlus site update. Storylines and modes there.

Also, if anyone is interested, "I post here" so I can lure petty tourists into my salads

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

viparas
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 08:31post reply

quote:
SNK doesn't remake a game eternally. The only reason of why 98' got so many ultimate was because the game was made exclusively for the 98' fan, and the 98' fan hated it; with 02UM that wasn't the case as they only did the official version and then the pro arcade tweak. For 98' it looks like FE is going to be the last straw since the 98' fan actually liked it this time around.

I never really got to understand the game at high enough level for there to be anything wrong with any version of 98, as there just isn't any kind of SNK competitive scene around here. It's all SF4/MvC3 all the time. The only disappointments I've had personally from 98 were UM having awful netcode and FE not being either offered as an update or as a separate game. Don't SNK realize I will give them my money?! :)

SF3: Makoto/Alex/Hugo
SF4: Vega
SSF4: Vega/Makoto

Professor
3238th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Wed 14 Sep 09:50:post reply

quote:
Atlus site update. Storylines and modes there.

Also, if anyone is interested, "I post here" so I can lure petty tourists into my salads

Kind of looking bland
Ancestor
Rose

[edit] The quotemaker's been updated!

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 14 Sep 23:26]

Toxico
5469th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Thu 15 Sep 06:25:post reply

quote:

[edit] The quotemaker's been updated!

....... * Reads Shermie * * Clicks on the name * * Sees result *
That's pure cruelty hence, I love it.

!!!!

edit : Gunsmith uploaded some direct feed matches filled with HD and British accent, so be sure to check if that is your poison.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 15 Sep 06:40]

Professor
3239th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 15 Sep 08:20:post reply

[edit] The official trailer for console 13 is now available for download in 1080P/FullHD on PlayStation Network. It's pretty nifty since it gives you a good idea of what the game will actually look like on your LCD screen. The trailer itself is the same 2 minute thing from when the Japanese site launched.

quote:
That's pure cruelty hence, I love it.

!!!!

edit : Gunsmith uploaded some direct feed matches filled with HD and British accent, so be sure to check if that is your poison.

If anything else should be added, I'm open to suggestions. Planning to make it public as countdown commemoration to the game's release.

If that screenshot is geniune, it means the unlockable contents will also be unlockable by pay, kind of like BBCS.

Gunsmith sure is good at commentating. Since those seem to be only exhibitions, I'm assuming that additional videos (top 8) will be added later on as well.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 15 Sep 19:09]

Loona
464th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 00:53post reply

Blog update

Professor
3241th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 01:48:post reply

Since Toxico seems busy doing something , I'll take the initiative again to do a quick blog summary.

-Blog has no story details in order to avoid spoilers

-The story mode tells the various stories that were too much to be covered in the arcade version, and it runs in a visual novel format. It consists of fighting game parts and visual novel parts.

-In the fighting game parts, you pick a team of your choice and take on the tournament. There's a 3-on-3 dialogue between teams before the matches with tidbits that's sure to please fans. And of course, the result of the match will have an effect on the storyline.

-The visual novel part tells the game's storyline from various character perspectives, mainly Ash, Adel, and Heidern. As well as ******, *******, and *************. (Names censored in blog, number of symbols mean nothing)

-Completed scenes can be viewed over again from the "Chapter menu" option. Producer Yamamoto says it'll probably take hours to check out all of them.

-Aside from the storyline itself, another thing that people can look forward to is the various illustrations drawn just for this mode. And cameo characters that appear place to place. (Duck King image.)

-When asked if there's "variations" depending on how the game is progressed, Producer Yamamoto's reply was vague, saying that "There's been a crazy amount of effort put into this story mode".

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 16 Sep 02:06]

mbisonhatclub
385th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 04:33post reply

quote:
-The story mode tells the various stories that were too much to be covered in the arcade version, and it runs in a visual novel format. It consists of fighting game parts and visual novel parts.
Pretty much like Blazblue's story mode, then.

itoldyouso.avi

TheRedKnight
326th Post

PSN: yes
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 06:00post reply

quote:

itoldyouso.avi

And I was hoping for BADASS action platforming in the vein of MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

Why I left my hobbies.

samberto
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):KOF-i new stage !!!" , posted Fri 16 Sep 09:55post reply

I don't regret purchasing KOF98 or KOF98ME or Orochi Collection either, I have purchased them more than twice each.

Well aside from that wath caught my attention from your post was the mention of the absence of Ramon, Vanessa & Seth since SFIV, this, interesting...

quote:
Knowing SNK, if KOF13 sells well they will whore it out to the max. No offense in that statement either. I have purchased KOF98 at least 4 times, and don't really regret any of them :|

As for extra characters....
Ramon, Vanessa and Seth missing ever since Capcom made C.Viper, El Fuerte and Seth. Hmmmmmmmmmm

mbisonhatclub
386th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 15:52post reply

quote:

itoldyouso.avi

And I was hoping for BADASS action platforming in the vein of MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

I was actually referring to someone a long time ago being in denial of a story mode because the arcade mode "already told all there is to the story" and I told him that it'd probably be something like what it sounds like we're getting here. I just wanted to rub it in that I was right all along.

Professor
3241th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 17:20post reply

More ugly semihentai art exclusive store-only preorder bonuses

http://www.sofmap.com/ec/topics/3277/11661124_t.jpg
http://www.sofmap.com/ec/topics/3277/11661279_t.jpg
http://www.imagine-group.jp/magicalpack/kof13ps3.jpg
http://www.imagine-group.jp/magicalpack/kof13360.jpg

the two above are phone calling cards, the two below are book gift certificate cards.

Just a Person
1506th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 16 Sep 23:30post reply

quote:

-In the fighting game parts, you pick a team of your choice and take on the tournament. There's a 3-on-3 dialogue between teams before the matches with tidbits that's sure to please fans. And of course, the result of the match will have an effect on the storyline.

-The visual novel part tells the game's storyline from various character perspectives, mainly Ash, Adel, and Heidern. As well as ******, *******, and *************. (Names censored in blog, number of symbols mean nothing)

-Completed scenes can be viewed over again from the "Chapter menu" option. Producer Yamamoto says it'll probably take hours to check out all of them.

-Aside from the storyline itself, another thing that people can look forward to is the various illustrations drawn just for this mode. And cameo characters that appear place to place. (Duck King image.)

-When asked if there's "variations" depending on how the game is progressed, Producer Yamamoto's reply was vague, saying that "There's been a crazy amount of effort put into this story mode".

Cool!

Does Story Mode cover solely KOF XIII or the full Ash Saga (that is, the story for KOF 2003, XI and XIII)?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Just a Person
1508th Post

"Re(4):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Wed 21 Sep 05:42post reply

I don't know if this is any news, but GameInformer has a nice preview video of KOF XIII.

Considering the Women Team part in Story Mode shown in the video, no way Mai would be able to defeat Yuri and King by herself. Yuri, sure; King, possibly (though I'd guess King would be the winner in a fight against Mai); but both?? Well, at least she didn't rip their clothes (in fact, I wonder if ripping off their clothes will alter dialogues in Story Mode, with they calling the player's characters - and maybe the player himself - a pervert...).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

sibarraz
282th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Wed 21 Sep 09:53post reply

quote:
I don't know if this is any news, but GameInformer has a nice preview video of KOF XIII.

Considering the Women Team part in Story Mode shown in the video, no way Mai would be able to defeat Yuri and King by herself. Yuri, sure; King, possibly (though I'd guess King would be the winner in a fight against Mai); but both?? Well, at least she didn't rip their clothes (in fact, I wonder if ripping off their clothes will alter dialogues in Story Mode, with they calling the player's characters - and maybe the player himself - a pervert...).

Canon Wise, for me always mai seemed like the stronger of the three

nobinobita
988th Post

"Re(5):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Wed 21 Sep 10:14post reply

quote:

I love the poster in the back with Takuma killing a bull. It's a really nice homage to the old Sonny Chiba movie "Champion of Death" aka "けんか空手 極真拳" where he plays Mas Oyama, founder of Kyokushin Karate. Awesome homage!

http://image.xyface.com/image/k/movie-kenka-karate-kyokushinken/kenka-karate-kyokushinken-148602.jpg

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
756th Post

"Re(6):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 00:37post reply

quote:

I love the poster in the back with Takuma killing a bull. It's a really nice homage to the old Sonny Chiba movie "Champion of Death" aka "けんか空手 極真拳" where he plays Mas Oyama, founder of Kyokushin Karate. Awesome homage!

http://image.xyface.com/image/k/movie-kenka-karate-kyokushinken/kenka-karate-kyokushinken-148602.jpg

Hey, I had never noticed that poster in earlier shots! Pretty cool! I have to say that that stage really captures just about every dojo I visited in the 90's-- especially the flickering fluorescent tube lights!

Also-- thanks for the link to the incredible original poster! I love how unafraid of color artists of 1970's martial arts movie posters were.

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4219th Post

"Re(7):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 04:42post reply

Those Karate Animalfighting movies weren't great but they were still great, if you know what I mean. What was the last game that let you punch a bull? Do you have to go all the way back to Karate Champ?

quote:
Hey, I had never noticed that poster in earlier shots! Pretty cool! I have to say that that stage really captures just about every dojo I visited in the 90's-- especially the flickering fluorescent tube lights!

The tube lighting makes that my favorite stage I've seen in KoF XIII. It's those little touches that really make a stage for me.

karasu99
758th Post

"Re(8):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 04:53:post reply

quote:
Those Karate Animalfighting movies weren't great but they were still great, if you know what I mean. What was the last game that let you punch a bull? Do you have to go all the way back to Karate Champ?

Not at all! You forgot Fighters History Dynamite!

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Thu 22 Sep 04:56]

Toxico
5474th Post

"Re(9):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 16:49post reply

Gah, it's been a while since my own schedule has fitted a blog update.

The translation is kinda.... abstract? Since the blog update wasn't that exciting it's not like I went out of my way to make everything sound better or better get things that I'm not sure of.

Now with the Tutorial

Good day everyone!

[ Talks about weather, odd of rain, typhoon and other stuff, thus I'm skipping this ]

Without further adieu to they we view the "tutorial mode". With us we have the always familiar "山P". Today YamaP's talk will be aimed to those who are a little green when it comes to it, so let's proceed immediately to the tutorial mode.

[ Tutorial menu image ]

Yamamoto P : This mode is there so that one can get familiar with the game and with the basic mechanics of KoF, either for those who play KoF for the first time or those who play fighting games for the first time.

[ Kyo Jumping at Raiden ]

"Moving forward", "Types of jumps", "Roll recovery" and basic descriptions as such are included in the BASE SYSTEM.

[ Kyo kicking Raiden ]

"Special moves", "Drive Cancel" and several other system that make use of the gauges which are divided in two modes explained on the GAUGE SYSTEM. The BASE SYSTEM will introduce a "sense of game" by making use of jumps and basic movements maneuvers while the GAUGE SYSTEM will present DRIVE CANCEL and other major forces for players.

[ Rose explaining Tutorial Mode ]

The responsibility of teaching everything about the tutorial falls into Rose-san. Incidentally the stage for this mode will always be the Kyokugen dojo, the player character Kyo and the enemy Raiden have also been "fixed".

Kyo is somewhat understandable, but why is Raiden there?

Yamamoto P : Having a prowrestler there, it's there for the aesthetic sense!

Somehow or another some sense can be made out of it...
Either way, on this tutorial mode, are features there included for other than beginner players?

Yamamoto P : This mode is essentially a practice that is there to create a solid foundation of the actual combat for the beginner to use. "Such a basic thing I already now it!", even those who are already experienced in the basis might come into contact with something that they don't know.

I see, with my playing level I guess that it wouldn't hurt to touch the tutorial mode once I get the game.

With this the basic coverage of tutorial mode is finished; which was covered after a great effort. Next we have [Character customize], look at how "some little stories" can be made with it.

[ DaiMaou Andy ]

......... Makan *** Sappou!!

Yamamoto P : ....... ( heh! )

Leaving Yamamoto here with the evidence of the crime, it's time for me to part ways with everybody.
Oh, also as someone might have noticed in the "Mission" review, some of the customs have been taken from popular characters, could you notice it?

See you next time.

Now, if you excuse me it's almost 5AM, I have some Shinryuu to kill.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3242th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 19:43post reply

Thanks for the translations. Piccolo and Trunks! So.. the skin colours can be set to weird ones, that's good to know.

I was looking at the palettes in KOF13 and indeed, selection 11-30 are the same for all characters as said by Atlus on their forums. There seems to be.. a few skin colors there, so I'm assuming the naked Raiden pics floating around are legit.

sibarraz
283th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 21:56post reply

quote:
Thanks for the translations. Piccolo and Trunks! So.. the skin colours can be set to weird ones, that's good to know.

I was looking at the palettes in KOF13 and indeed, selection 11-30 are the same for all characters as said by Atlus on their forums. There seems to be.. a few skin colors there, so I'm assuming the naked Raiden pics floating around are legit.

It seems that someone from neogaf told that the images were edits from the leaked game for PC, but I'm not sure on the last one

Toxico
5475th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Thu 22 Sep 23:54post reply

Kinda "OT" but I think Iggy and Loona where asking about this. It looks like the European preorder bonus is set, furthermore it seems that it has more things than the US preorder which is kinda nice; but I imagine that it might be troublesome to having announced so late in the game. There is also the bit about the European release being more expensive than the others.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
4220th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 23 Sep 01:22post reply

quote:
Kinda "OT" but I think Iggy and Loona where asking about this. It looks like the European preorder bonus is set, furthermore it seems that it has more things than the US preorder which is kinda nice; but I imagine that it might be troublesome to having announced so late in the game. There is also the bit about the European release being more expensive than the others.

I like that the article is using the mythical KoFXII character art of K' and Mai.

Loona
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 23 Sep 02:38:post reply

quote:

Being announced late isn't a problem, I've been holding back on pre-ordering out of hope for something like this - and doing it late must make it easier for them to deal with demand anyway.

However, I'm a bit worried that they mention no sources and I can't find confirmations of this at Rising Star's site or Amazon.co.uk...

Edit: Nevermind, Rising Star has it on their blog: http://www.risingstargames.com/blog/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-preorder-package.html

No info in the actual game's page or amazon.co.uk though... I've never pre-ordered anything, so I take it the info about something like this has to be explicitely mentioned in a site I can purchase it from?...

[this message was edited by Loona on Fri 23 Sep 02:44]

Professor
3244th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Dune and Ogosho going semi-pro with elive" , posted Fri 23 Sep 03:21:post reply

Quick news for the hardcore KOF fans: looks like the community will be getting its first two KOF-dedicated semiprofessional players.

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive seems that they've already signed up with elive and it's just a matter of the paperworks going through. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It seems also that this may be one of the first steps towards advertizing elive in Japan, as the service is reportedly slated to launch services soon.

Thier first travel as elive players will be domestic at Duelling in Kyoto if the paperworks make it on time. They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 23 Sep 13:27]

sibarraz
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Dune and Ogosho going semi-pro with eli" , posted Fri 23 Sep 03:50post reply

quote:
Quick news for the hardcore KOF fans: looks like the community will be getting its first two KOF-dedicated semiprofessional players.

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It seems also that this may be one of the first steps towards advertizing elive in Japan, as the service is reportedly slated to launch services soon.

Thier first travel as elive players will be domestic at Duelling in Kyoto if the paperworks make it on time. They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

Kane317
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Dune and Ogosho going semi-pro with eli" , posted Fri 23 Sep 07:09post reply

quote:

Dune and Ogosho announced today that they're currently going through paperworks for contract with elive. They won't get paid a salary or anything, but they'll have their travel and accomodation fees paid in place for playing as an elive member. The contract apparently has a very weak bind so there's nothing mandatory, and they can continue to stream on nico as they used to.

It has begun...I can see the XIII frenzy already. I think it comes to no surprise since we all know how serious of a fighter XIII is and having sponsored players is only natural in this day and age. I wonder which companies will follow (Hori? Madcatz?) suit.

Lol at the Godfather who's not afraid of dropkicks, being afraid of planes.

www.youtube.com/kane317

Toxico
5477th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 23 Sep 09:17:post reply

quote:

Edit: Nevermind, Rising Star has it on their blog: http://www.risingstargames.com/blog/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-preorder-package.html

No info in the actual game's page or amazon.co.uk though...

Websites that sell games are usually the last ones to know the draft once new info pops up, since they aren't directly associated with the companies and don't stalk everywhere for info like we the users do.

I think that the "other" amazons carry the pre-order bonus, thus UK shouldn't be any different. If you want to be extra sure there is a thread about it at Orochinagi since they seem to be on speaking terms with Rising Star Games; though you are probably gonna get an answer of "order through us", har har har.

quote:

They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

うっそ,そんなばかな! (How LONG have I awaited to quote this part!). (I couldn't find it with ENG subs though... イカロスって). (There is this on English, but the translator couldn't bring even 10% of the awesome Toxic~ness of the speech).

BTW it should be unnatural for them to travel overseas this year since there it seems to be "no big events" left during this year with KoF XIII in it.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 23 Sep 10:03]

sibarraz
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 23 Sep 10:20post reply

quote:

No info in the actual game's page or amazon.co.uk though...

Websites that sell games are usually the last ones to know the draft once new info pops up, since they aren't directly associated with the companies and don't stalk everywhere for info like we the users do.

I think that the "other" amazons carry the pre-order bonus, thus UK shouldn't be any different. If you want to be extra sure there is a thread about it at Orochinagi since they seem to be on speaking terms with Rising Star Games; though you are probably gonna get an answer of "order through us", har har har.

They aren't planning to make any trips overseas any time soon, at least during the current year. Dune apparently doesn't like planes. They should be going to Evo next year (if 13 is there of course).

うっそ,そんなばかな! (How LONG have I awaited to quote this part!). (I couldn't find it with ENG subs though... イカロスって). (There is this on English, but the translator cou

This reminded me, here on chile 3 weeks ago there was a plane accident where 21 people died, including one of the most famous tv announcers on here, it was weird, since that event just made me afraid of traveling on a plane last week, even though I had doing it for lots of years, each turbulence was a hell, but then I realized that planes are safe considering that pilots are professionals unlike car accidents where almost any idiot could get a license.

But I could understand Dune fear.

Btw, I always had been curious, how long takes a trip from japan to the usa? which is the route?

Baines
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Fri 23 Sep 12:25post reply

quote:
うっそ,そんなばかな! (How LONG have I awaited to quote this part!). (I couldn't find it with ENG subs though... イカロスって). (There is this on English, but the translator couldn't bring even 10% of the awesome Toxic~ness of the speech).

I wish I could remember if the live-action version had that speech. All I can remember though is the terribly cheap model plane that it used for Chiaki's flashbacks.

Professor
3245th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Dune and Ogosho going semi-pro with eli" , posted Fri 23 Sep 13:38:post reply

sibarraz:
It should be an oval trajectory through the pacific ocean. Takes about 10 or so hours to California, 12-14 to New York.
quote:
It has begun...I can see the XIII frenzy already. I think it comes to no surprise since we all know how serious of a fighter XIII is and having sponsored players is only natural in this day and age. I wonder which companies will follow (Hori? Madcatz?) suit.

Lol at the Godfather who's not afraid of dropkicks, being afraid of planes.

It's possible that Dune might actually be the B.A. Baracus of KOF. But I don't think that elive will have to go through all the troubles that the old 80's show did. Thing is, he's already flew to Taiwan twice this year so I think he just hates the experience. Wouldn't be surprised if the security check in the US airports makes him more concious about it.

My personal concern is how long this will last. SNKP needs to continue releasing updates or titles to retain attention of its consumers, pending sales of KOF13CS succeeds in the first place.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 23 Sep 14:51]

Zepy
1572th Post

"Re(1):Dune and Ogosho going semi-pro with eli" , posted Sat 24 Sep 01:47post reply

quote:
Dune and Ogosho

Whoa I didn't know Ogosho was back in KOF again! If there are players going semi pro maybe the old names like Wars, Kyokugendou or Kyabetsu will come back again.

When they're not busy playing Aquapazza and SF4.

Nekros
397th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Sat 24 Sep 18:34post reply

quote:

The preorder is the same US cd boxset, the retail version has more content on first print (poster, media disc and alternate cover).

Toxico
5478th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Mon 26 Sep 00:46post reply

quote:

I wish I could remember if the live-action version had that speech. All I can remember though is the terribly cheap model plane that it used for Chiaki's flashbacks.

The overacted expressions are so cheezy

.... I have to rethink how I waste time during my Sunday's morning hangovers? Well, they are not hangovers technically

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Nekros
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Mon 26 Sep 16:22post reply

quote:

The overacted expressions are so cheezy

.... I have to rethink how I waste time during my Sunday's morning hangovers? Well, they are not hangovers technically

Overacting is common in Japanese Doramas... try to watch Kurosagi, Bambino or Nobuta Wo Produce just to name a few.

Professor
3246th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Mon 26 Sep 17:46post reply

Since KOF13 news is going slow despite just a month away, here's a review that hasn't been posted around by anyone as of yet.

"... battles are highlighted by impact sounds, cries of pain, and colorful explosions as fighters are hurled across the screen. Some female characters are dressed in revealing outfits (e.g., thong bikinis) that reveal large amounts of cleavage and portions of their buttocks; their breasts sometimes jiggle during combat. The dialogue references alcohol and drunkenness (e.g., “I'm used to being around people when they're hammered” and “Mai and Yuri just can't hold their liquor very well . . .”), and one wobbly character drinks from a bottle during matches, using a “drunken master” fighting style. The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in dialogue. "

After reading the excerpt posted above, take a minute to think about what fan site, game site, or magazine it could have possibly come from. Then highlight below for the answer.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

It's the ESRB's Rating summary for The King of Fighters XIII. Who knew their explanations could be so colorful. Full summary can be read here.

End of Spoiler

Professor
3248th Post

MMCafe Owner

"SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumors" , posted Mon 26 Sep 22:10:post reply

With rumors of KOF13 potentially getting delayed to November 22 in the US, SNKP's Yoshiyasu Matsushita (Dokimajo producer) recieved a message from a Japanese consumer who was worried that it might also get delayed in his country. Here's his short reply about a delay in Japan. Take it as you will, it's up to interpretation. Translation is below.

Q: "Is it true that KOF13 is getting delayed? After all this waiting, having to wait even longer is going to shatter my heart..."

Matsushita: "I'm very sorry, but please wait for a future announcement. m(_ _)m Sorry for causing worries."

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 26 Sep 22:41]

karasu99
759th Post

"Re(1):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Tue 27 Sep 00:26post reply

quote:
With rumors of KOF13 potentially getting delayed to November 22 in the US, SNKP's Yoshiyasu Matsushita (Dokimajo producer) recieved a message from a Japanese consumer who was worried that it might also get delayed in his country.

Urg, it would stink if it was exclusively to permit a dub to be created, as some of the postings on the Atlus forum suggest. That kind of thing, especially for a fighting game, always seems silly to me, since I'm not sure there is a Western player out there thinking "I would have bought this game if they had only dubbed the in-game voices!". Ah well.

quote:
(e.g., thong bikinis)

That's pretty funny. So quaint! I'm sure we can all remember the days when Mai's bouncy animation was 'cleaned up'.

www.secret-arts.com

nobinobita
989th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Tue 27 Sep 00:55post reply

quote:

After reading the excerpt posted above, take a minute to think about what fan site, game site, or magazine it could have possibly come from. Then highlight below for the answer.

One of those websites that review game content for discerning parents?

www.art-eater.com

Freeter
4549th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Tue 27 Sep 02:45post reply

quote:
Since KOF13 news is going slow despite just a month away, here's a review that hasn't been posted around by anyone as of yet.

"... battles are highlighted by impact sounds, cries of pain, and colorful explosions as fighters are hurled across the screen. Some female characters are dressed in revealing outfits (e.g., thong bikinis) that reveal large amounts of cleavage and portions of their buttocks; their breasts sometimes jiggle during combat. The dialogue references alcohol and drunkenness (e.g., “I'm used to being around people when they're hammered” and “Mai and Yuri just can't hold their liquor very well . . .”), and one wobbly character drinks from a bottle during matches, using a “drunken master” fighting style. The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in dialogue. "

Maybe they'll recycle this when DOA5 comes out

Ishmael
4223th Post

"Re(1):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Tue 27 Sep 02:53post reply

quote:
Matsushita: "I'm very sorry, but please wait for a future announcement. m(_ _)m Sorry for causing worries."

That response from Matsushita is not reassuring. With all the heavy hitters coming out for the holiday season I wonder if KoFXIII is going to slide into the first part of 2012?

I need to start using the term "buttocks" more in conversation.

hikarutilmitt
557th Post

PSN: hikarutimitt
XBL: hikarutilmitt

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Re(10):Full HD trailer now available" , posted Tue 27 Sep 03:27post reply

quote:

They're usually very descriptive in their... descriptions for the ratings. Sometimes they go a bit far, though, and post stuff that's got commentary in it (which shouldn't happen) like what happened with DOA Paradise:

quote:
This is a video game in which users watch grown women dressed in G-string bikinis jiggle their breasts while on a two-week vacation. Women's breasts and butts will sway while playing volleyball, while hopping across cushions, while pole dancing, while posing on the ground, by the pool, on the beach, in front of the camera. There are other activities: Users can gamble inside a casino to win credits for shopping; they can purchase bathing suits, sunglasses, hats, clothing at an island shop; they can "gift" these items to eight other women in hopes of winning their friendship, in hopes of playing more volleyball. And as relationships blossom from the gift-giving and volleyball, users may get closer to the women, having earned their trust and confidence: users will then be prompted to zoom-in on their friends' nearly-naked bodies, snap dozens of photos, and view them in the hotel later that night.

Parents and consumers should know that the game contains a fair amount of "cheesy" and, at times, creepy voyeurism-especially when users have complete rotate-pan-zoom control; but the game also contains bizarre, misguided notions of what women really want (if given two weeks, paid vacation, island resort)-Paradise cannot mean straddling felled tree trunks in dental-floss thongs.

Zepy
1573th Post

"Re(1):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Tue 27 Sep 11:27post reply

quote:
With rumors of KOF13 potentially getting delayed to November 22 in the US

Come to think of it I haven't seen the game on any of my order lists! Pretty sure it's delayed unless they're pushing it out at the last minute

Professor
3249th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Tue 27 Sep 19:17:post reply

quote:
With rumors of KOF13 potentially getting delayed to November 22 in the US

Come to think of it I haven't seen the game on any of my order lists! Pretty sure it's delayed unless they're pushing it out at the last minute

Hah that's right, you get them from pretty much all regions. Thanks for the heads up'.

It's troubling if SNKP has to release it in November for the USA. Not much so for Japan.
I'm sure enthusiasts will get upset nevertheless.

On another note, the dialogue generator has been updated.
Again, current active members can use it with their BBS login.
(All backgrounds added, Background darkness autoadjusted by default, Loading screen added to avoid startup bugs, Random character select on load, Toki taken out for the time being)

Andy
Clarkanator

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 27 Sep 19:29]

mbisonhatclub
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Tue 27 Sep 19:31post reply

quote:
On another note, the dialogue generator has been updated.
(All backgrounds added, Background darkness autoadjusted by default, Loading screen added to avoid startup bugs, Random character select on load, Toki taken out for the time being)
OH, I just noticed Shermie was there but only by name. I haven't been able to scramble for appropriate images yet either.

GekigangerV
1719th Post

PSN: gekijmo

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 05:37post reply

quote:
dialogue generator has been updated.

Andy
Clarkanator

I am having problems accessing the dialog generator. Used my username and password.

Kane317
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"KOF XIII 1 month delay, official." , posted Wed 28 Sep 05:51post reply

quote:
dialogue generator has been updated.

Andy
Clarkanator

I am having problems accessing the dialog generator. Used my username and password.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

http://dreamcancel.com/2011/09/27/kofxiii-delayed-a-month/

www.youtube.com/kane317

Toxico
5483th Post

"Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 05:52:post reply

New Trailer.

Atlus's site packs more sauce, if you catch my draft (I bet that you don't, that's my whole design point(?))

There is still no word on the japanese release date other than "as scheduled", but considering that the European version and the EEUU version got delayed, it might be safe bet that it's going to get delayed as well (unless the delay it's 100% publisher fault, thus the japanese release might be OK with that).

I need a drink... or 10.
-- And a dancing pelican.

edit :
Replay mode sounds amazing. Is Dead Dance all over again!! (I sure laughed with some of those replays)... though, it would be a major bummer if you can only save filthy & unworthy online matches.

edit(again) :

Some of Atlus gifs are the wrong move again
........... Bareback Vulcan......

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 28 Sep 06:11]

Maou
2257th Post

"Re(1):Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 07:45:post reply

hikaru, that ESRB analysis of DOA is outstanding!!
quote:
Women's breasts and butts will sway
It sounds like a prophecy!
quote:
Paradise cannot mean straddling felled tree trunks in dental-floss thongs.
This is the exact opposite of my opinion.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 28 Sep 08:00]

karasu99
762th Post

"Re(2):Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 07:54post reply

quote:
quote:
Women's breasts and butts will sway
It sounds like a prophecy!

It reminded me of "FISTS WILL FLY AT THIS LOCATION!!!"

www.secret-arts.com

Kane317
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 10:30post reply

quote:
Some of Atlus gifs are the wrong move again
........... Bareback Vulcan......

Just curious, which gifs are the wrong move?

www.youtube.com/kane317

Amakusa
893th Post

"Re(1):Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 10:36post reply

quote:
New Trailer.

Trailer is to K' Team's XI theme... it's probably on the soundtrack collection the game is coming with.

Professor
3249th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 11:11post reply

quote:

Eck forgot to mention, your name has to be in lowercase!

Too bad about the delay, it's not a problem for Japan but they'll pretty much be choking their own chicken throat in the US market. Same date as Tekken Hybrid, a week after UMvC3, same month as some blockbuster titles. It's like trying to cram into the small enterance of holiday shopping in today's bad economy.

Hikaru's posting of DOAParadise is really something and Maou's post made my morning. Today is going to be an odd day for sure.

Toxico
5484th Post

"Re(2):Atlus site update -> Delay is official" , posted Wed 28 Sep 11:51post reply

quote:

Just curious, which gifs are the wrong move?

Leona's, pretty much every move is miss timed and out of place.

quote:

Trailer is to K' Team's XI theme... it's probably on the soundtrack collection the game is coming with.

The game has a dual soundtrack, and that track is already in the game (apparently, for both the arcade and the console version). That doesn't mean that it's not going to be in the CDs.

quote:
Today is going to be an odd day for sure.

I'll second that, I mean, what the hell?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

kofoguz
937th Post

"Re(5):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 11:54post reply

I tried generator today but failed to save. Only saved as png and that didnt worked either. There was no image to view.

The post I send supposed to be the dialogue screen I made. Sorry about that.

Grave
1396th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 14:50post reply

quote:
Eck forgot to mention, your name has to be in lowercase!

still won't work for me, tragic

mbisonhatclub
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 15:10post reply

While professor is working to fix everyone's accounts, I made something supplemental to his Clarkanator

Professor
3251th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 20:28:post reply

I was saying that today might be an odd day, and indeed things have been peculiar and a bit tiring.. and youch, KOFXIII's been officially announced for delay in Japan as well. Oddly, no official date. Just "within 2011".

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20110928_480216.html

Grave: try it again, one more time.
kofguz: That's odd, it might be that your browser isn't canvas/HTML5 capable, in which case I can't really do anything about. What browser are you using?

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 28 Sep 21:26]

Nekros
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 22:25post reply

quote:
I was saying that today might be an odd day, and indeed things have been peculiar and a bit tiring.. and youch, KOFXIII's been officially announced for delay in Japan as well. Oddly, no official date. Just "within 2011".

According to Atlus, is 22 November for NA/EU release.

Toxico
5486th Post

"Re(8):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 23:01:post reply

quote:

There it was a blog update, "Release date postponed", it basically said.

- "This update happens to be before the scheduled blog release", with that I take it that there is going to be a regular "about the game" blog update.
- "They have been working hard aiming to give the best experience to the public", sounds pretty and all, but with that they obviously didn't tell us why the game actually had to be delayed (knowing SNK, I figured they wouldn't tell).
- "Well aim to continue to release info about the game through this blog", but of course!
- "Well make an official announcement with the release date as soon as possible", it looks like the situation in Japan is not as clear as the one with the overseas publishers, on a positive thinking you can tell that it means that the game is not going to be as delayed there as it is here.

edit :

Is the game now 800 yen cheaper, or is it just me? (Well, I don't know what I have, but there is definitely no cure for it (☞゚∀゚)☞ )

edit

EX Blog also points the delay

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 29 Sep 00:25]

kofoguz
939th Post

"Re(8):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Wed 28 Sep 23:05:post reply

quote:
kofguz: That's odd, it might be that your browser isn't canvas/HTML5 capable, in which case I can't really do anything about. What browser are you using?

I tried with chrome, firefox and ie. I'm no technically aware meaning of HTML5 but when I click and a replica shows up it tries to save whole page. For each of them. I'll try one more time tonight.

EDIT: My bad it worked in firefox. Didnt try the chrome yet. And the results;
KOF is breaking hearts.
He's got a fan!

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 29 Sep 05:39]

Loona
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Thu 29 Sep 01:59post reply

quote:

According to Atlus, is 22 November for NA/EU release.

EU is Rising Star, not Atlu's turf - and according to Amazon.co.uk the EU release date is november 25th. Frustratingly, despite the release date being updated there, they still don't say if they're covering the pre-order bonus...

hikarutilmitt
558th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):SNK's Matsushita replies to KOF13 rumor" , posted Thu 29 Sep 03:43post reply

quote:
Hikaru's posting of DOAParadise is really something and Maou's post made my morning. Today is going to be an odd day for sure.

I managed to see it live on the site before they changed it, and they changed it FAST after nearly every PSP/gaming news site saw it and wrote a story about it.

I was even considering sending them a stern-but-clearly-angry email about it myself detailing why their job is not to comment but to explain in detail why something is rated the way it is and that they have no journalistic integrity for even allowing it to be posted (I'll save my rant about "games journalism" for another day).

Toxico
5488th Post

"That day of the month....." , posted Thu 29 Sep 14:59:post reply

It's actually "that day of the week", Blog Update.

I'm half sleep, half sick, half starving, half rest deprived, I have to replace some light tubes on the house and something is dancing in my eye. In other words it's a half interested half worked one, should be less clear than google translate translation

Mision second part

Even after the announcement of the delay, we are still here to give information about the game you have waiting for.

This has been mentioned before, but now let's take the chance and go more indepth with the trail mode.

Let's proceed with Yamamoto P. There are even video demonstrations for us to observe!

Yamamoto P : The previous talk about Trial was nothing but a brief description, now let's look at this more indepthly, first let's go with the pause menu.

[pause image of Ash vs Takuma]

They are quite easy to understand, on the side of the player we have the following instructions :
[NEXT] moves to the next trial
[BACK] moves to the previous trial
[DEMO PLAY] gives a demonstration of the current trial
[TRIAL LIST] Shows the "recipe" of the currently selected trial.
[TRIAL MENU] Shows all trials available.

The TRIAL LIST shows for about four areas that can be filled with a combo? what are those?

Yamamoto P : Normally one will suffice, but with later trials a bigger size it's needed to show the full combo, later we'll see an example.

[pic of Saiki with Trial menu]

Trial mode can be challenged from any level that the player might choose without needing to clear the previous ones. Quick on their hand players might enjoy challenging the high level trials from the get go.

Previously it was mentioned that one might cheat a little within these trials, what was that comment about?

Yamamoto P : One might include extra parts to the combo as long as it does fulfill the written conditions, for example Takuma; crouching B x 3, crouching A, Ryuuko Ranbu.

The issue....
[video that I can't watch since it's private]

As seen in the previous video, the "recipe" for the combo was not followed correctly.
[crouching B x 3, EX Hienshipuu Kyaku, Crouching A, EX Zanretsuken, EX 極限崩撃 , Ryuuko Ranbu.

It becomes clear that as long as you keep the main content of the combo, you might even go into HD in the middle of it.

So, people with good hand might be able to transform a short combo into a long one.

Yamamoto P : Exactly, even if the time to fulfill a trial is not that much, thus I would like to see how long of a combo can players challenge themselves to create.
A useful feature is that if one presses SELECT + Shoulder Buttons the characters return to their initial position.

Why don't we see one of those mentioned long combos?

Yamamoto P : Okay. Now, why don't we take a look at one of the actual advanced combos that can be found in the mode?

[Kyo combo]

This was Kyo Lvl 9.

Looks long and likely difficult.
If this is level 9, then there is an actual combo remaining that is effectively higher in difficulty.

Yamamoto P : Yes, Level 10 basically involves a MAXCANCEL in a long combo and might inevitably become something difficult. When trying to clear all of the trials for the characters we expect you to have a pretty hard time to the point when you want to call it quits several times.

So as to clear them, there is no other way than to practice!
In my case I even feel that it might be necessary to get some stringed fingers.

Give it your all to clear them, people! not only on Kyo's Level 9 but on all of the trials in there.

Thus, until the next time.

Fun fact, I needed a dictionary to read and write recipe... In all languages involved

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 29 Sep 15:19]

badoor
219th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Frequent Customer

"KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Fri 30 Sep 00:52post reply

Shame about the delay, I guess this means I'm going to have to play the iOS version for a few more weeks.

Speaking of that, I noticed something peculiar about that game's Achievements. The icons there look like metallic statues of the characters' sprites and looking at them some of the icons are of characters that are not officially announced yet or were planned to be but scrapped.

Heidern and upper-cutting Takuma (or Mr. Karate?)
It could be ryo doing the upper cut but the character seems more chubbier which is more like Takuma/Mr. Karate

The fruity man and his gothic-loli assistant

Iori with leg straps
I know he's announced but whatever.

Take note that the statues (that is if they were actually based on sprites) aren't very clear and some could just have been from the story mode or even just made specifically for the iOS achievement icons. I haven't unlocked all the icons yet but I wonder if there are any more surprises there.

Professor
3252th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 21:22:post reply

Billy may be usable only on the PS3 version, whereas Saiki only on the Xbox360. That's what some people are assuming, after reading the latest issue of Arcadia magazine. The magazine is obviously wrong, but given that it's a major publication, it's definitely going to cause headaches to SNKP regardless of whether it's correct or not. 

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2089527.jpg

Text on top:
"The Xbox 360 version and the PS3 version has different usable character(s), so be careful about that point as well."

Text on the side"
"Billy is usable on the PS3 version. Just like his costume, he can use his classic moves from the past. And in addition, he's gained new normal attacks and EX specials, and these elements allows him to move quite differently from his past renditions!"

My personal assumption is that the build that Arcadia was using was the same as the demo at Tokyo. (Billy default on PS3 and Saiki needs unlocking, Saiki default on 360 and Billy needs unlocking). SNKP's official 13CS site says nothing about them being exclusive to a console.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 1 Oct 23:29]

Toxico
5489th Post

"Re(1):Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 23:15post reply

quote:

My personal assumption is that the build that Arcadia was using was the same as the demo at Tokyo. (Billy default on PS3 and Saiki needs unlocking, Saiki default on 360 and Billy needs unlocking). SNKP's official 13CS site says nothing about them being exclusive to a console.

The old xbald leaked trophy list has them both in the 360, so you can consider that as "a proof" about the comment being false....

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3252th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Sat 1 Oct 23:29post reply

quote:
The old xbald leaked trophy list has them both in the 360, so you can consider that as "a proof" about the comment being false....

Who's that in the back! Always wondered.

Kane317
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Sun 2 Oct 04:10post reply

quote:
Billy may be usable only on the PS3 version, whereas Saiki only on the Xbox360. That's what some people are assuming, after reading the latest issue of Arcadia magazine. The magazine is obviously wrong, but given that it's a major publication, it's definitely going to cause headaches to SNKP regardless of whether it's correct or not. 

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2089527.jpg

Text on top:
"The Xbox 360 version and the PS3 version has different usable character(s), so be careful about that point as well."

Text on the side"
"Billy is usable on the PS3 version. Just like his costume, he can use his classic moves from the past. And in addition, he's gained new normal attacks and EX specials, and these elements allows him to move quite differently from his past renditions!"

Wow, it's unlike Arcadia to make a mistake like that. This year is the year of the cleanups, poor SNKP.

www.youtube.com/kane317

Olivier Hague
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Sun 2 Oct 04:59post reply

Couldn't it be that they're pulling a Soulcalibur IV? PS3: Billy / Saiki as DLC, and Xbox 360: Saiki / Billy as DLC?

Professor
3253th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Billy exclusive to PS3? Saiki to 360?" , posted Mon 3 Oct 20:50post reply

quote:
Couldn't it be that they're pulling a Soulcalibur IV? PS3: Billy / Saiki as DLC, and Xbox 360: Saiki / Billy as DLC?

We've been Hague'd!!

Arcadia magazine and SNKP just released an announcement, saying it was an error in the article. Both characters can be used regardless of console.

badoor: That's a really interesting find! Heidern could possibly be a rescale of an old sprite, but the two kids defintely look new. I wonder what else could be in the trophies.

Professor
3256th Post

MMCafe Owner

"No pre-release demo for KOF13 & Blog transl'" , posted Thu 6 Oct 21:09:post reply

European publisher Rising Star Games product manager Yen Hau has done a Q & A session with Spanish KOF community SpekSNK, and there's a bit of new info there. The full text can be read from the link, below is a quick summary.

http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?p=573616#p573616

-European release date is November 25. Japan is the same. (Japan is probably 24th in this case due to time zone difference. US is 22nd.)
-Netcode will be optimised for broadband and fibre optic connections, SNKP are still working on it. (Don't know when the interview was conducted, but it sounds rather recent)
-No demo before release.
-European version is slated to have a reversable sleeve. Aside on 4-disc preorder bonus, there's a reversable poster (art on one side, command list on the other) and art disc (includes artwork, wallpapers, videos and a visual story of the Ash Saga)

Also, I'll take the initiative to do the Blog translation this time around, give Toxico some breathing time from his usual hard chore.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_45.html

About Flame Iori

Good day everyone.
...Eh actually, it's pretty late already so it's more like "Good evening". (sweats)

Putting that aside, we've been doing a lot of explanations on the game modes so far. So for a change of pace, we're going to do something we haven't done in a while-- we'll talk about another additional character for the home console.

As people may already know from the PVs [Promo Videos], the third additional character [to the home console] is Iori with the power of flames, AKA flame Iori. He joining into the fight with his costume he wore back when he had his flames! In this article, we'll refer to the normal Iori as "Claw Iori" and the Iori with the power of flames as "Flame Iori" to make things easier to understand.

So let's get started and ask Producer Yama' about the charasteristics of Flame Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: To start off, in terms of direction attacks, he can't use the Geshiki Kui [3+C] that Claw Iori has, but he's regained his Geshiki Goufu In Shinigami [6+B], and he can use it instead.

Ah, so even his direction attack is different from Claw Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: Exactly. As for his specials, he has his old attacks such as Yamibarai, Oniyaki, and Kuzukaze. He also has his good old Aoibana as well, which can be used in the same way like before. Some of the EX specials have unique behaviors. For example, his EX Yamibarai stops the opponent for a limited time like his old Yasakazuki, and his EX Kototsuki is a different attack than his normal one. There might be other uses aside from hitting it regularly...

So that'll be something for us to find out when we use him. So next, let's hear about his supers!

Producer Yamamoto: In terms of his supers, he has his usual Yaotome and the Saika after-attack, and aside from that, he's also got back his Yamisogi. His Yaotome can be done as an EX attack, but it's important to take note that you can't do a Saika afterwards in that case. Also, the visual effects on his HomuraHotogi Neomax is really dynamic, so please try using it.

All the users are probably wondering whether "he's stronger" than Claw Iori. So what about that?

Producer Yamamoto: To be honest, neither of them is really stronger than the other. They both have different fighting styles so we hope people will pick them according to which style they prefer.

For example,
Claw Iori's normal Yaotome doesn't allow opponent to recovery roll / Flame Iori's normal Yaotome can be recovery rolled after it hits
Claw Iori's EX Yaotome can go through a Psycho Ball / Flame Iori's Yaotome will get hit by a Psycho Ball
So even if it's the same move, it can have a different attribute, and it should be interesting to check them out.

Alright. Are there any other noteworthy points regarding Flame Iori?

Yamamoto: Flame Iori has his own stage, and it's a remake of the rival team stage from KOF95, which was Iori's debut KOF title. And in the background, "those three guys" are trying to find their chance to get back into KOF. Also, there's some tidbits that might make old Iori fans react like "Oh?", so please look forward to the game's release.

"Those three guys" sounds interesting, and so does that little tidbit. Can't wait to play the game.
To wrap things up, here are the usual character introduction footages!

[ Combo Footage 1 ]
[ Combo Footage 2 ]
[ Neomax Footage ]

And that's all for now. Please try playing with Flame Iori.
See you next update!

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 7 Oct 02:18]

Toxico
5493th Post

"Re(1):No pre-release demo for KOF13 & Blog tr" , posted Fri 7 Oct 03:35post reply

quote:
I'll take the initiative to do the Blog translation this time around, give Toxico some breathing time from his usual hard chore.

You make it sound like I'm some sort of bullied housewife type. And I'm loving it

Console Intro, Direct Feed

KCE combo It's a few days old and part of the all teams combo project by KCE. Has the hag team and the Kyokugens; the user channel has the other available parts.

Atlus USA updated more character vids--- Well, it's not like these have done anything for anyone, but oh well.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

kofoguz
939th Post

"The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Sun 9 Oct 07:54post reply

There's a poll in facebook by Orochinagi. They say they will send the results to SNKP. I dont know if it will have any effect (Hello, daydreamer) so I'm posting this anyway if anybody cares.
My choice was SNK vs Marvel. And I posted this on facebook.

"Well I always wanted to see SNK vs Marvel. So my choice was that. Also with SVC chaos Snk hit so many good notes but didnt succed anyhow. But produce a very fun game. Second one would be a great cause game has promises and with the second chance I'm sure it will deliver.

Now for my real wish, I want SNK vs JOJO Universe. You know it can easily be made with the President Valentine's parallel universes and with Saiki's Time Gate, there would be great story. And this could lead the long waited JOJO crossover within the episodes. Would be nice to see Joseph with Jolyne and Jotaro. Also SNK characters may benefit from Stands."

sibarraz
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Sun 9 Oct 13:02post reply

quote:
There's a poll in facebook by Orochinagi. They say they will send the results to SNKP. I dont know if it will have any effect (Hello, daydreamer) so I'm posting this anyway if anybody cares.
My choice was SNK vs Marvel. And I posted this on facebook.

"Well I always wanted to see SNK vs Marvel. So my choice was that. Also with SVC chaos Snk hit so many good notes but didnt succed anyhow. But produce a very fun game. Second one would be a great cause game has promises and with the second chance I'm sure it will deliver.

Now for my real wish, I want SNK vs JOJO Universe. You know it can easily be made with the President Valentine's parallel universes and with Saiki's Time Gate, there would be great story. And this could lead the long waited JOJO crossover within the episodes. Would be nice to see Joseph with Jolyne and Jotaro. Also SNK characters may benefit from Stands."

SNK vs Jump!

In a perfect world where snk bleeds money and could buy every single franchise related to jump

TheRedKnight
332th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Sun 9 Oct 14:54post reply

SNK vs the mirror

Why I left my hobbies.

karasu99
770th Post

"Re(3):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Mon 10 Oct 03:14post reply

quote:
SNK vs the mirror

In a way I suppose my crossover pick kind of agrees with you-- I have always wanted a Samurai Spirits x Gekka no Kenshi game. Not that that will ever happen, but I imagine we're all just dreaming anyway.

www.secret-arts.com

kofoguz
940th Post

"Re(4):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Mon 10 Oct 03:44post reply

quote:
SNK vs the mirror

In a way I suppose my crossover pick kind of agrees with you-- I have always wanted a Samurai Spirits x Gekka no Kenshi game. Not that that will ever happen, but I imagine we're all just dreaming anyway.

NGBC 2 Y'all!

Professor
3256th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Mon 10 Oct 10:13post reply

Artworks on the European PAL version bonus items

Why Mai is alone in a deserted alley, I donut know.

sfried
716th Post

Wii: 8963437745913552

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Mon 10 Oct 15:50post reply

SNK vs. Nihon Telenet. Psycho Soldier Athena vs. Valis GO!

Just a Person
1511th Post

"Re(2):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Tue 11 Oct 00:50post reply

quote:
SNK vs Jump!

In a perfect world where snk bleeds money and could buy every single franchise related to jump

Then again, is there any company in the world (other than Nintendo) capable of getting the license for every single Jump! franchise?? I mean, we all know how Capcom adores crossover games, so they certainly would already have released a "Jump! vs. Capcom" if it were (even just remotely) possible...

Loona
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Tue 11 Oct 02:05post reply

I'd rather have SNK crossover with Sega, they have so much in common they should get married and make some beautiful crossover babies, maybe becoming one single solid and respected company in the process, as both feel less than whole nowadays, compared to a decade or 2 ago.

Both companies are fondly remembered for their 90s games and for competition with a larger and more famous company.

Both are former first party developers with console icons that had very faint presences in games themselves (G. Mantle ans Segata Sanshiro).

Both did crossovers with the companies they tried to compete with, sometimes in genres outside their flagship titles (SvC Card Fighters Clash, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics).

Both keep peddling emulated versions of their older and fondly remembered classics.

Both had a healthy amount of craziness required to make and release stuff like crazy twists on established franchises (Typing of the Dead, KoF SkyStage).

Both released games that worked both as a love letter to fans and as reflections of the troubles they've been in (Segagaga and NGBC).

Both have rather large pachinko divisions that seem to be providing most of the companies' incomes.

The have so many titles that could work together it's not even funny:
- Virtua Fighter and Buriki One (and toned down versions of FF/AoF/KoF). Maybe Fighting Vipers and the Fu'un series.
- rythm games with Ulala and Athena
- Yamazaki tearing stuff up in the Yakuza setting, or the characters from that one trying their luck at South Town
- or, you know, sinc the city from Streets of Rage was never named, just have that take place in South Town, it would work too well.

And probably a lot more stuff I can't quite remember right now...

kofoguz
941th Post

"Re(4):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Tue 11 Oct 03:07post reply

quote:
I'd rather have SNK crossover with Sega, they have so much in common they should get married and make some beautiful crossover babies, maybe becoming one single solid and respected company in the process, as both feel less than whole nowadays, compared to a decade or 2 ago.

Both companies are fondly remembered for their 90s games and for competition with a larger and more famous company.

Both are former first party developers with console icons that had very faint presences in games themselves (G. Mantle ans Segata Sanshiro).

Both did crossovers with the companies they tried to compete with, sometimes in genres outside their flagship titles (SvC Card Fighters Clash, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics).

Both keep peddling emulated versions of their older and fondly remembered classics.

Both had a healthy amount of craziness required to make and release stuff like crazy twists on established franchises (Typing of the Dead, KoF SkyStage).

Both released games that worked both as a love letter to fans and as reflections of the troubles they've been in (Segagaga and NGBC).

Both have rather large pachinko divisions that seem to be providing most of the companies' incomes.

The have so many titles that could work together it's not even funny:
- Virtua Fighter and Buriki One (and toned down versions of FF/AoF/KoF). Maybe Fighting Vipers and the Fu'un series.
- rythm games with Ulala and Athena
- Yamazaki tearing stuff up in the Yakuza setting, or the characters from that one trying

That's a great idea. As long as we see diversity in the crossovers.

Also it's not that hard when you do SNK vs JOJO universe rather than SNK vs JUMP!, right?

Loona
470th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):The next crossover by SNK poll." , posted Tue 11 Oct 03:19post reply

Thing is, If Jump wanted someone to make a game out of Jojo, they'd pick a more famous company (Tatsunoko approached Capcom for a game, and that's how TvC came about), and SNK probably can't afford to license someone else's IP.

A crossover with another game company, on the other hand, would expose each other's IPs to different audiences and help them test the market for future releases.

Professor
3258th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Tue 11 Oct 04:54post reply

quote:

It could be ryo doing the upper cut but the character seems more chubbier which is more like Takuma/Mr. Karate

Iori with leg straps

Take note that the statues (that is if they were actually based on sprites) aren't very clear and some could just have been from the story mode or even just made specifically for the iOS achievement icons. I haven't unlocked all the icons yet but I wonder if there are any more surprises there.

To update on Badoor's post, the X360's acheivements list has been released and it seems that the same images are being used, albeit with a few additional icons for story mode and whatnot.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/king-of-fighters-13/achievements/

So there's Rose, and what's apparently Mukai.. and a few other new ones, but the icons are so dinky it's hard to tell.

kofoguz
942th Post

"Re(2):KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Tue 11 Oct 05:22post reply

quote:

Iori with leg straps

To update on Badoor's post, the X360's acheivements list has been released and it seems that the same images are being used, albeit with a few additional icons for story mode and whatnot.

So there's Rose, and what's apparently Mukai.. and a few other new ones, but the icons are so dinky it's hard to tell.

I see Botan is there, but one person that I dont know he sits one of his knees.

Amakusa
895th Post

"Re(2):KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Tue 11 Oct 08:58post reply

quote:

"Show me what humans are made of" looks like Magaki.
"Hmph... this is only natural." looks like Adel.

kofoguz
943th Post

"Re(3):KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Tue 11 Oct 13:12post reply

quote:
"Show me what humans are made of" looks like Magaki.
"Hmph... this is only natural." looks like Adel.

Did anyone understand who "Heheh. Not bad." is?

Bemanicub
0th Post

PSN: Neo-RevenG
XBL: NeoRevenGIIDX

New Customer

"Re(4):KOF-i Achievement secrets?" , posted Thu 13 Oct 10:48post reply

Shen Woo.

Kane317
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"SNKP XIII Console changes gameplay video" , posted Thu 13 Oct 19:34post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs

www.youtube.com/kane317

Professor
3261th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Character balance changes part 1/4" , posted Thu 13 Oct 19:57:post reply

Welcome to the BBS, Bemanicub! Hope you enjoy it here.

SNKPlaymore has updated its blog and they're finally releasing official details on the character balance changes. They'll be revealed in random order in 4 weekly updates starting today.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_46.html

This translation is a a bit rough since it's a damn lot of work. Don't sue me if there's any mistakes.

Asterisk * notes that the move is featured on the sample video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs

On a related note to the video above, people have noticed that the power meter builds up a lot less now on block.

System
Neomax only uses 2 power meters during HD mode (3 meters when not in HD)

Hwa Jai
- All frames on Drink super have been changed (apparently, its recovery is faster)
* Ground CD has changed. Moves forward and has invincibility to low attacks
* Fierce Dragon Tail has faster recovery; can be connected to a normal move after it hits
* Weak Dragon Backbreaker is now a 1F throw instead of a leaping throw
- Weak Dragon Tail comes out faster and connects from a fierce
- EX Air Dragon Kick now hits 3 times like its ground version and does 154 damage.
- EX Dragon Tail chips less guard meter

Producer Yamamoto says: Hwa has a lot of changes, like for example, his Weak Backbreaker is a 1F hit now. The recovery on his drink is different so it might be usable in a combo.

Benimaru
- Flying Drill has faster recovery, normal hit can connect afterwards
* EX Raijinken is a single hit attack. On a hit, the opponent will be stuck in the air afterwards for a limited time. They can be attacked with another move, or even get pushed by running to the edge of the screen.
* EX Air Raijinken lasts for a longer time. The timing in between the hits are longer than the arcade version. It now sort of works as a special that can be "placed" on the screen.
* EX Collider hits less times. That means less scaling for the combo to come afterwards.
* Neomax comes out faster, MAX cancel's timing is different. Invincibility runs out before the hit detection comes out.
- Fierce/EX Super Lightning Kick does more damage. On a full hit, the fierce version's damage has been raised from 70>100, EX from 135>192.
- Collider has faster recovery on whiff, can rarely be punished if blocked from a fierce punch.
- EX Iaigeri > Handou Sandangeki does less damage, down from 263 to 219

Producer Yamamoto says: We've balanced him so that even the attacks that weren't being used in the arcades would be of use. The EX Collider and EX Raijinken should especially come to more use since the opponent can be hit afterwards. The EX air Raijinken should be fun to place around for an attack string. His Neomax has no invincibility but it comes out a lot faster, so it might be fun to think of ways in using it.

Clark
* His Stepping (Forward+BD) is faster
* Weak SAB has full-body autoguard but comes out slower than before
- EX SAB>Flying Elbow can be MAX canceled
- EX Gatling Attack's invincibility runs out when its hit detection comes out. Projectile invincibility doesn't, even after hit detection comes out.
- If Fierce or EX Gateling gets blocked, the Afterattack throw won't come out any more
* Vulcan Punch can be canceled with another move on startup. This allows for some new combos like close Fierce punch (2nd hit)>VulcanPunch>SAB

Producer Yamamoto says: He's a throw character so we've buffed his throws. With moves like his Weak SAB, his front step, and being able to do a super cancel from a 1-frame throw, he should be able to fight like a real thrower.

Mai
- Kaschousen comes out faster, also has quicker recovery
* Ukibane (down + B in air) has different trajectory than Arcade, recovery time has been changed
* Musasabi(from ground) can be canceled to Floating attack
* WK>FK is a chain combo. Can be used to connect into HD mode, and also gives Mai more damage on pokes
* EX air Shinobibachi added in game. Invincible until hit detection comes out.
- Crouching FP has more cancelable frames
- Weak Ryuenbu has more vertical hitbox
* Neomax comes out faster and freezes time when it reaches the edge of screen

Producer Yamamoto says: We've balanced her as a female ninja by giving her attacks that can make her fight more tricky from the air. Using Ukibane to trick the opponent and doing an attack string, or hit confirming from her crouching fierce punch have become effective tactics. Her Neomax has also been buffed.

Leona
* Voltec Launcher chips less guard meter
- Strike Arch (directon move) comes out faster
* Fierce V-Slasher has different angle; weak travels short, fierce goes far. EX version is the same as the arcade.
- Ground Saber has longer recovery when blocked. About even when fierce version gets blocked.
- Moon Slasher has less hitback when blocked. All of them (weak, fierce, EX) are easier to get punished than the arcade.
- EX X-Caliber comes out faster. Still can't be comboed from a normal or direction attack.

Producer Yamamoto says: Moves such as the Ground Saber and Moon Slasher are easier to get punished so be careful. We've balanced her so that she can do things such as attack strings with her EX X-Calibur, or break into the opponent with her Strike Arch. Her Fierce V slasher has been buffed, and she's a character that's good in various occasions such as air-to-air combat or against projectiles.

Takuma
- Jump CD comes out faster
- Stun value on attacks has been lowered
* EX Kyokugen Koou comes out faster and has quicker recovery. Still can't be comboed from a normal or direction attack.
- Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu comes out faster. It's still slower than the weak version, but it has invincibility until after the hit detection comes out.
- Weak Hienshippukyaku's damage reduced from 70 to 50.

Producer Yamamoto says:
He has less stun values than the arcade, but he's still easier to dizzy the opponent than other characters. Also, it's not written above but damages on his other specials have also been raised, and he's a character that can do high damage. He's been buffed in a lot of places like his air CD and invincible Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu, so please try using him.

Mature
* Ebony Tears comes out faster. Can hit opponent afterwards
* Weak Metal Massacre is a one hit attack
* EX Deathrow correctly puts crouching opponent into hitback state on a hit unlike arcade version. If the opponent is crouching during 1-4 hits, a fierce Metal Massacre can still combo with a drivecancel.
- EX Despair doesn't move Mature behind the opponent even if they're crouching

Producer Yamamoto says:
Ebony Tears is a lot easier to use now. Weak Metal Massacre has been changed to a single hit and does less scaling, so it might be useful for fast paced matches.

Shen
* Gekiken Fakeout has faster recovery. It'll fail if the kick button is pressed too soon.
Gekiken maxed out will chip half the opponent's guard meter
* Danken(throw) comes out slower. Neither weak nor fierce has invincibility. However, it can be Drivecanceled.
* Danken(reflect) builds up meter on a success. No drive meter buildup.
* EX Fukkogeki>Kouryuugeki has slower recovery when blocked. Completely punishable

Producer Yamamoto says: We've did a lot of adjustments to his Danken. The throw version is no longer 1F, but it can be drive canceled for additional damage. Gekiken's feint has quicker recovery so it can be used to lengthen attack strings.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 13 Oct 21:42]

Professor
3261th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Character balance change, Takuma bug" , posted Thu 13 Oct 21:39:post reply

First up, the post above has been updated with a number of fixes so if anyone's copied it somewhere, might be a good idea to replace the whole thing.

Next, people have already found a bug with the video of this latest build.
Notice Takuma's fierce punch and what it does to Ryo's meter. Use link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs#t=1m24s

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 13 Oct 22:49]

Ishmael
4235th Post

"Re(1):Character balance change, Takuma bug" , posted Fri 14 Oct 00:43post reply

quote:

First up, the post above has been updated with a number of fixes so if anyone's copied it somewhere, might be a good idea to replace the whole thing.

That's a lot more changes than I expected there to be. Is there going to be an option to switch to arcade settings for those who are feeling nostalgic?

Toxico
5498th Post

"Re(2):Character balance change, Takuma bug" , posted Fri 14 Oct 01:32post reply

quote:

That's a lot more changes than I expected there to be. Is there going to be an option to switch to arcade settings for those who are feeling nostalgic?

When it was revealed that the game was going to be different it was also stated that the machine will only have the renewed version and that they want the previous version to be vanished unto oblivion. Since the arcade one it's being distributed for free they want everyone to move away from it.

Well, that's the first thing they said, and there it hasn't been further comments on the matter.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Evil_Yagami
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Arcadia Magazine" , posted Fri 14 Oct 03:11post reply

Complete Arcadia Magazine for November :

ttp://bbs.kofunion.net/attachment/Mon_1110/99_285_7b1b67f4f34c1ba.jpg

ttp://bbs.kofunion.net/attachment/Mon_1110/99_285_1f697888cc3bf0b.jpg

Kane317
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Character balance change, Takuma bug" , posted Fri 14 Oct 03:12post reply

quote:

Next, people have already found a bug with the video of this latest build.
Notice Takuma's fierce punch and what it does to Ryo's meter. Use link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd_Q_RrCIs#t=1m24s

Lol, that's just how epic Takuma's s.C!

I have no idea how people spot stuff like that, good eye.

www.youtube.com/kane317

Lugos
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Character balance change, Takuma bug" , posted Fri 14 Oct 05:24post reply

quote:

When it was revealed that the game was going to be different it was also stated that the machine will only have the renewed version and that they want the previous version to be vanished unto oblivion. Since the arcade one it's being distributed for free they want everyone to move away from it.

Makes sense to me. By completely forgoing the original arcade version, they're probably hoping to completely invalidate its dump.

In other news, I went ahead and pre-ordered KOF XIII at my local GameStop. I hardly ever pre-order games, but since KOF XII received such an underwhelming response, I'm concerned that GameStop will only order a handful of copies.

Mosquiton
1798th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Character balance changes part 1/4" , posted Fri 14 Oct 13:41post reply

quote:

SNKPlaymore has updated its blog and they're finally releasing official details on the character balance changes. They'll be revealed in random order in 4 weekly updates starting today.

Interesting stuff, thank you for your efforts Professor. Mature's changes seem decent and Clark sounds like he's getting some genuinely good stuff.... I'm excited about that full-body autoguard.

Hope Vice comes up in the next batch.

/ / /

Professor
3261th Post

MMCafe Owner

"KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sat 15 Oct 04:32post reply

Since KOF96 is out on PSN and seems relatively popular, here's the game's tier list by good-old Gamest.

77 Chin
70 Iori
48 Clark
47 Mature
44 Choi
40 Goro, Leona
37 Kyo, Mai
35 Ryo, Kim
34 Benimaru, Chang, Geese, Big
32 Robert, Kensou, Krauser
26 Joe, Ralf
22 Terry
17 Kasumi
16 Athena
15 Andy
14 King
12 Yuri
8  Vice

TheRedKnight
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sat 15 Oct 06:49post reply

quote:
Since KOF96 is out on PSN and seems relatively popular, here's the game's tier list by good-old Gamest.

77 Chin
70 Iori
48 Clark
47 Mature
44 Choi
40 Goro, Leona
37 Kyo, Mai
35 Ryo, Kim
26 Joe, Ralf
22 Terry
17 Kasumi
16 Athena
15 Andy
14 King
12 Yuri
8  Vice

How can Andy be so low with those AWESOME BOOTS?!?

Why I left my hobbies.

Toxico
5500th Post

"Console footage." , posted Sat 15 Oct 07:07:post reply

By IGN (more vids in the site)

Online mode, unfortunately, it really doesn't show anything since we can tell the input delay and stuff like that. Actions seems congruent with what's happening, so that probably means that they don't have to foresee their own move by 4 seconds in something, like what happens in XII online.

Recent footage from Europe

quote:

How can Andy be so low with those AWESOME BOOTS?!?

His amazing gallant pajamas drag too many attention, so they hard to notice.

The list is obviously outdated and the fact that lists Athena as a weak character is completely atrocious. I think that in Occident (aka sudacas) the overall consensus was that Terry was the weakest guy in the crew because he had average normals + half of his move list leaves him vulnerable if it hits, and his whole move list leaves him vulnerable if it's blocked. The other "low tier" places was supposedly fought between Vice & Benimaru (people tied Goro, Kensou & Clark "to the lowest" as well), but in the end people really didn't bad mouthed the grapplers since they are kinda fun to play even though the game is not nicely geared towards command grab usage (pretty much every attack in the game can out prioritize command throws, instead of the other way around (which was the staple between 97' and 03')).

The "most broken" spot usually switched between strong characters, because they are broken like hell and every new discovery could force them to switch places and whatnot. Then again, coming from 94' and 95', playing a broken fighter was no new news at all. Heck, some people even enjoyed this one more than the previous ones, because besides not only being broken as hell, the stun was harder to achieve and guard counter reversals where gone for good.

Fun times.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 15 Oct 11:00]

Professor
3263th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Console footage." , posted Sat 15 Oct 18:48:post reply

quote:
By IGN (more vids in the site)

The list is obviously outdated and the fact that lists Athena as a weak character is completely atrocious. I think that in Occident (aka sudacas) the overall consensus was

On the IGN video, I'm wondering what the icon next to the username is. I thought it was connection strength at first, but it makes no sense to have it next to both players.

Since there seems to be some myths about KOF95-96 on the PSN, here's the lowdown on its net code: it's "decent". It's not flawless like some users are saying, but it's about the same quality as SSF4. Usually, there's a slight lag even within Japan, probably somewhere around 5 frames. Netcode on KOF96 seems to be about the same as 95 and I don't think it's been updated.

It's an old game, but probably a good training to get back into the KOF series for players that are thinking of returning when 13CS comes out.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 16 Oct 02:25]

Kane317
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sun 16 Oct 06:22post reply

quote:

77 Chin
70 Iori
48 Clark
47 Mature
44 Choi
40 Goro, Leona
37 Kyo, Mai
35 Ryo, Kim
26 Joe, Ralf
22 Terry
17 Kasumi
16 Athena
15 Andy
14 King
12 Yuri
8  Vice

Haha professor you've exposed me, but in my defense I've always liked Chin--I'm sure most would agree. Lol @ our Krauser vs. Chin moment.

www.youtube.com/kane317

Professor
3264th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sun 16 Oct 08:04:post reply

quote:
Haha professor you've exposed me, but in my defense I've always liked Chin--I'm sure most would agree. Lol @ our Krauser vs. Chin moment.

Well, I started using Iori to tie up the score which was pretty damn evil. Sleeping Chin brings a lot of chuckles. Overall, the jump CDs and some attacks are too good in that game, especially when there's lag.

Characters most often seen being used by Japanese players-
Leona, Clark, Ralf, Athena, Kensou, Chin, Ryo, Robert, Iori, Mature, Kim, Chang, Choi

Characters rarely seen being used by Japanese players-
Geese, Krauser, Big, Kasumi, King, Mai, Yuri, Vice

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 16 Oct 13:04]

Kane317
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sun 16 Oct 13:05:post reply

quote:

Well, I started using Iori to tie up the score which was pretty damn evil. Sleeping Chin brings a lot of chuckles. Overall, the jump CDs and some attacks are too good in that game, especially when there's lag.

Characters most often seen being used by Japanese players-
Leona, Clark, Ralf, Athena, Kensou, Chin, Ryo, Robert, Iori, Mature, Kim, Chang, Choi

Characters rarely seen being used by Japanese players-
Geese, Krauser, Big, Kasumi, King, Mai, Yuri, Vice

I agree about the j.CD, that's why I msg you about it right after our matches. It's pretty ridiculous. It's so funny how you *knew* what to do once we did Chin lined up with Krauser. Also lol at you getting the backward running thing to work, I couldn't get it to work.

PS, check your email quick!

www.youtube.com/kane317

[this message was edited by Kane317 on Sun 16 Oct 13:07]

Professor
3264th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):KOF96 Tier list for PSN's sake" , posted Sun 16 Oct 14:13post reply

quote:
Also lol at you getting the backward running thing to work, I couldn't get it to work.

It's easier to do without lag because because you can visually confirm when 's input went in.

GekigangerV
1721th Post

PSN: gekijmo

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re: Vice sprite rip" , posted Mon 17 Oct 05:44:post reply

So a guy has posted rips of the Vice sprite. I hope he keeps it up and gets all the characters up there.

Link Here

download link at the bottom.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Mon 17 Oct 05:49]

kofoguz
945th Post

"Re(1):Re: Vice sprite rip" , posted Mon 17 Oct 08:57post reply

quote:
So a guy has posted rips of the Vice sprite. I hope he keeps it up and gets all the characters up there.

Link Here

download link at the bottom.

This made me hope one day we'll see art eater blog's take on the animation of KOFXIII.
No pressure though.

karasu99
775th Post

"Re(2):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 02:40:post reply

To me this seems amazingly useless, but hey, IT'S NEWS. Ugh, I guess since it's free, I'll download it to see what it's all about. Stand by for what I'm sure will be exciting news about it.

EDIT: AVOID. It doesn't really seem to have much to recommend it, PLUS it has in-app ads, which are always irritating to me. Ah well, maybe I can ransack the app bundle for some interesting graphics or music.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Tue 18 Oct 02:45]

Kane317
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 03:38:post reply

quote:
To me this seems amazingly useless, but hey, IT'S NEWS. Ugh, I guess since it's free, I'll download it to see what it's all about. Stand by for what I'm sure will be exciting news about it.

EDIT: AVOID. It doesn't really seem to have much to recommend it, PLUS it has in-app ads, which are always irritating to me. Ah well, maybe I can ransack the app bundle for some interesting graphics or music.

...and they have money to make ^this. Baffles me when they could have ported an Android OS version instead which they could have charged and I, among many others, I'm sure would have gladly supported.

---

Shoutouts to The Professor for taking time out of his weekend to help translate the Dune interview on elive!

www.youtube.com/kane317

[this message was edited by Kane317 on Tue 18 Oct 03:45]

Stifu
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 05:50post reply

quote:
To me this seems amazingly useless, but hey, IT'S NEWS.

I've been happily using the SSF4 3D StreetPass feature (3DS) for months. If it's anything like it, it could be good.

Gojira
2796th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(4):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 06:40post reply

The sad reality is that apps like these will make SNKP more money than a mobile KoF ever could.

shin ramberk
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 07:58post reply

quote:
The sad reality is that apps like these will make SNKP more money than a mobile KoF ever could.

I like the app. It was free. The ads are not intrusive and you get mild entertainment from it. You don't even have to pay attention to it to "Level Up." Its perfect.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Grave
1400th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 11:04post reply

quote:
...and they have money to make ^this. Baffles me when they could have ported an Android OS version instead which they could have charged and I, among many others, I'm sure would have gladly supported.

The relatively small amount of hardware and software versions one has to ensure an app will run fine on in iOS vs. the massive amount of Android phones out there with wildly different hardware, screen sizes and resolutions, software versions etc... It sucks that there's a lot more stuff for iOS, sure, but it totally makes sense if you have limited development resources and want to be positive you deliver a good product.

Evidently they didn't even do that this time, so...!

Loona
471th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Tue 18 Oct 12:03post reply

quote:

I wonder if this things sends geographic data of its users back to SNKP to help them figure out where the greatest concentrations of their fans are in order to help them decide on places to organize things at.

Speaking of organizing things somebody needs to introduce Ono and his people to some SNKP people.

Toxico
5501th Post

"Re(4):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Wed 19 Oct 02:23:post reply

Atlus update. Their youtube channel hasn't been updated with more characters at least publicly (they have a private user preference deal or something), but oh well.

There have been some after DUEL vids popping up here and there, you can easily find them on youtube but if you want a more organized source of it you can always check at orochinagi on the specific video forum threads or main site posts about it.

BTW, didn't the Professor said that Tomo and Shima flew of to Aquaplaza and the like? I wonder if they where back for this tournament alone or if I'm recalling something like I shouldn't since no one said that.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 19 Oct 02:28]

nobinobita
996th Post

"Re(2):Re: Vice sprite rip" , posted Wed 19 Oct 12:16post reply

quote:

This made me hope one day we'll see art eater blog's take on the animation of KOFXIII.
No pressure though.

I'm getting to it!(thanks for the encouragement!)

www.art-eater.com

Professor
3267th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Re: new iOS thing" , posted Wed 19 Oct 20:25:post reply

Karasu, shin ramberk:
Apparently, Iori's neutral pose in the game is different from the arcade sprites. It seems they've used the one that was scratched off during development phase. Lord knows if it was on purpose or by accident.

Loona:
Wow, Ono is being quite straightforward there. He must be getting tired of all the requests. Thanks for the news!

Toxico:
The Duel tournament and casual 13 matches all took place at their local arcade in Kyoto, which was probably the reason why they've joined.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 20 Oct 21:26]

Professor
3269th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Updated/ KOFXIII console balance changes, pt2" , posted Fri 21 Oct 00:44:post reply

SNKP has posted its second balance update on console 13 on its official blog.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/

I've did a rough translation but since they kind of take a huge space on this already long thread, I've placed them here instead. It's a rough job so it'll probably get updated with some minor fixes.

[edit]
Done some extra fixes and added commands to make things easier to understand-- especially the first two sentences on the system changes since they needed some deeper explanation. If anyone's posted an older version somewhere else, it's probably best to update it.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 21 Oct 01:26]

Loona
475th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Fri 21 Oct 11:30:post reply

Online demonstration through Gamespot

Alternate link: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359

[this message was edited by Loona on Fri 21 Oct 12:01]

Kane317
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Fri 21 Oct 12:13post reply

quote:
SNKP has posted its second balance update on console 13 on its official blog.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/

I've did a rough translation but since they kind of take a huge space on this already long thread, I've placed them here instead. It's a rough job so it'll probably get updated with some minor fixes.

[edit]
Done some extra fixes and added commands to make things easier to understand-- especially the first two sentences on the system changes since they needed some deeper explanation. If anyone's posted an older version somewhere else, it's probably best to update it.

Small mistranslation if I'm not mistaken:
* Fierce Zanretsuken recovers faster on a hit. It can be comboed to a weak Zanretsuken in the corner.

should be

* Fierce Zanretsuken recovers faster on a hit. It can be comboed to a weak Kou'ken in the corner.

www.youtube.com/kane317

Professor
3270th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Fri 21 Oct 14:32post reply

quote:
* Fierce Zanretsuken recovers faster on a hit. It can be comboed to a weak Zanretsuken in the corner.

should be

* Fierce Zanretsuken recovers faster on a hit. It can be comboed to a weak Kou'ken in the corner.

Oops, will fix tonight, thanks!

Loona- They seem to have all the basic features for online! That's good to know. I wonder how its input lag is. It's one of those things that can't be seen on video.

mbisonhatclub
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Fri 21 Oct 14:52post reply

quote:

should be

Oops, will fix tonight, thanks!

Loona- They seem to have all the basic features for online! That's good to know. I wonder how its input lag is. It's one of those things that can't be seen on video.

I'm wondering if it has lobbies still or not, because I tend to play with groups of people in a room.

Dandy J
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Sun 23 Oct 23:13:post reply

quote:
I wonder how its input lag is. It's one of those things that can't be seen on video.

Speaking of which, you can hear the button presses in this video: http//www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359

They did seem to be synced up tightly with the onscreen actions. It's a 400mi distance for their demo so it seems pretty good so far.

[this message was edited by Dandy J on Sun 23 Oct 23:19]

karasu99
787th Post

"Re(4):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Wed 26 Oct 09:45post reply

quote:
I wonder how its input lag is. It's one of those things that can't be seen on video.
Speaking of which, you can hear the button presses in this video: http//www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/the-king-of-fighters-xiii/video/6341359

They did seem to be synced up tightly with the onscreen actions. It's a 400mi distance for their demo so it seems pretty good so far.

Hey, nice WakuWaku 7 screen name! Welcome to the cafe!

www.secret-arts.com

Professor
3273th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Updated/ KOFXIII console balance change" , posted Wed 26 Oct 10:11post reply

quote:

Hey, nice WakuWaku 7 screen name! Welcome to the cafe!

Heh heh, Dandy's been around since 2006, just that he rarely posts here. I didn't notice the sound of the controller, good point there!

Atlus is going as far as making a trailer for its preorder CD.

And on that note, let's close this long thread and move on to the next