user profileedit/delete message
PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"SFV Thread Part 9: Season V Edition" , posted Sat 1 Aug 14:41post reply

AIIIIIIIN'T THERE SOMEBODY WHO CAN STOP THIS FIGHTING MACHINE?!

Yes, despite Capcom management's best sabotage efforts, Street Figher V has improbably survived all the way to its fifth season, and evolved from a sad little mini-game into something that's not only less ugly than SFIV and less boring than SFIII, but occasionally almost as much fun as SSFIIX and Zero 2-3 on a good day!

Capcom's going to need to haul some ass if they're serious about releasing five characters in five months, but apparently pro wrestler Kenny Omega aka Beefcake City Mayor Cody is going to announce it all on August 5?! Will Ono escape Tsujimoto Jr.'s cruel prison and bring us the sensible roster we dream of, with Sodom, Rolento, Haggar, Hakan, and Maki? Or are we doomed to the thrilling return of Dan, Sean, Remy, El Fuerte, and Decapre? See you at the races.

Exciting Resources:

MMCafe Dojo: Come join the quad-continent Cafe dojo via CFN or be destroyed by Shadowloo!

Patch Notes: Season 5 now printing

Costume Contest Voting August 17: How did they only just figure out to continue the 1990s Rockman fan design contest tradition four years in and after 10000 fan mods?

Mods and Mods: Winners don't do drugs, but they do do PC mods

Legend of Two P and Legend of Two P Champion Edition

Past Threads:

SF lore thread
SFV thread 8
SFV thread 7
SFV thread 6
SFV thread 5
SFV thread 4
SFV thread 3
SFV thread 2
SFV thread 1

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:
Just a Person
2224th Post

"Re(1):SFV Thread Part 9: Season V Edition" , posted Sat 1 Aug 22:35post reply

quote:
AIIIIIIIN'T THERE SOMEBODY WHO CAN STOP THIS FIGHTING MACHINE?!

Yes, despite Capcom management's best sabotage efforts, Street Figher V has improbably survived all the way to its fifth season, and evolved from a sad little mini-game into something that's not only less ugly than SFIV and less boring than SFIII, but occasionally almost as much fun as SSFIIX and Zero 2-3 on a good day!

Capcom's going to need to haul some ass if they're serious about releasing five characters in five months, but apparently pro wrestler Kenny Omega aka Beefcake City Mayor Cody is going to announce it all on August 5?! Will Ono escape Tsujimoto Jr.'s cruel prison and bring us the sensible roster we dream of, with Sodom, Rolento, Haggar, Hakan, and Maki? Or are we doomed to the thrilling return of Dan, Sean, Remy, El Fuerte, and Decapre? See you at the races.

Exciting Resources:

MMCafe Dojo: Come join the quad-continent Cafe dojo via CFN or be destroyed by Shadowloo!

Patch Notes: Season 5 now printing

Costume Contest Voting August 17: How did they only just figure out to continue the 1990

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Are they really going to announce all five newcomers on the same day? I mean, yeah, they did that in Season 3, but it seems to be wiser to announce them one by one, to keep the hype going.

Anyway, apparently there is a set of SFV tarot cards which included G before he was officially announced, and it also brings Rose, Oro, C.Viper, Elena and Rolento. Those would be quite good choices, although personally I would like to see Haggar finally added in a SF game (and Dan could be nice if Capcom toned his goofiness down a little bit and made him a viable fighter - there are some old SF games where he is actually not bad).

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

"Re(2):SFV Thread Part 9: Season V Edition" , posted Sat 1 Aug 23:11post reply

quote:
Rose, Oro, C.Viper, Elena and Rolento. Those would be quite good choices

I don't think the world is ready for Oro's nuts in 3D.

Meanwhile, if Elena is in, maybe the global political climate will actually pressure Capcom to make a competent redesign for an orange-skinned, blue-eyed, white-haired "Kenyan" who does a Brazilian martial art. Will the superb team that redesigned Sakura and Cody win out, or will it be the Banana Ken/Lion King Gouki/Franken Nash faction?!

I do like to think that after Alex (who?) became playable after appearing in the City in Chaos stage, Sodom and Rolento are now also required to become playable after appearing in the Ring of Justice stage. Then again, he was in there, too: maybe it will be Damnd???

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(3):SFV Thread Part 9: Season V Edition" , posted Sun 2 Aug 01:53post reply

There have been rumors of Rose, Makoto, Oro, Fei Long and Maki but I believe that about as far as I can spit.

But in more concrete news, SF5 is getting a timed demo where all 40 characters are going to be playable. If you've been too cheap to buy anybody outside the base roster now is your chance to see what the rest of the world already knows.

"LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Mon 3 Aug 11:47post reply

It's season 5, time for:

MMCAFE LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition!

Backstory: while typically the shadowy figure Professor H. Moriarty had been the organizing point for global fighting tournaments, the mysterious host has vanished, and certainly not because he hasn't finished FFVIIr yet which is taking up all his hard drive space. In the finest genre traditions, fighters from around the world are gathering to track down his whereabouts, primarily by beating each other up.

How do this weekend or maybe next look for everyone? If it's just the Americas and Asia, I think the evening/morning timing works, but if we've got European fighters, we can flip it so they can join too. What's good for everyone? Here's some ideas:

August 7, 9:00pm+ EST / August 7, 8:00pm+ CST / August 7, 6:00pm+ PST / August 8, 10:00am+ Japan Time
August 8, 9:00pm+ EST / August 8, 8:00pm+ CST / August 8, 6:00pm+ PST / August 9, 10:00am+ Japan Time

Maybe the first new character will even by out then so we can all go to Gill's weird new stage and curse at...Oro?!

Red Falcon
6274th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood

"Re(1):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Mon 3 Aug 19:17post reply

10:00 AM Japan time? Fine with me.

Professor
5804th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Mon 3 Aug 23:44post reply

quote:
It's season 5, time for:

MMCAFE LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition!

Backstory: while typically the shadowy figure Professor H. Moriarty had been the organizing point for global fighting tournaments, the mysterious host has vanished, and certainly not because he hasn't finished FFVIIr yet which is taking up all his hard drive space

I actually haven't finished FFVIIr yet!
I'm still around 5 hours into the game-- if this were Spyhunter it's like I'm suffering from an oil slip! I need to get through it, Hah hah...
Have fun with SFV, gentilemen!

Red Falcon
6275th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood

"Re(2):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Tue 4 Aug 14:00post reply

quote:
I'm still around 5 hours into the game-- if this were Spyhunter it's like I'm suffering from an oil slip! I need to get through it, Hah hah...

Check LINE, damnit! w

Professor
5805th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Tue 4 Aug 17:56post reply

quote:
Check LINE, damnit! w

"Re(2):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Tue 4 Aug 23:47post reply

quote:

Okay! For now, August 7 (F) 9:00pm EDT / August 8 (Sa) 10:00am JST, unless other challengers need different times. Anyone else, insert your credit?

If not, itís going to be Rugal mopping the floor with me for a hilarious one point five straight hours. Itís not that Iím saying that MMCís top tier player is unstoppable using Dictator, a top tier character, Iím merely saying that...MMCís top tier player is unstoppable using Dictator, a top tier character.

Itís actually a lot of fun!

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(3):LAGFEST: Madman Is Missing edition" , posted Wed 5 Aug 02:27post reply

quote:
Okay! For now, August 7 (F) 9:00pm EDT / August 8 (Sa) 10:00am JST, unless other challengers need different times. Anyone else, insert your credit?

If not, itís going to be Rugal mopping the floor with me for a hilarious one point five straight hours. Itís not that Iím saying that MMCís top tier player is unstoppable using Dictator, a top tier character, Iím merely saying that...MMCís top tier player is unstoppable using Dictator, a top tier character.

Itís actually a lot of fun!

I might show up, but I can't promise anything. Currently I have more than one job and a number of dental visits to make up for, all stemming from the fun situation that's been ongoing where necessary services are shut down FOR SOME REASON.

My last SFV quest ended with me unlocking every single pic in the arcade gallery, which made me realize how much I hate Shin Gouki, especially when he is involved in the concept of climbing a time-consuming ladder of opponents just to get ONE chance to beat a stupid OP mind-reading AI with a character I haven't optimized, for a piece of weird fanart. But then after several days struggling with this, the game just handed them to me and said I didn't need to do it. If it was going to do that all along then how about doing it sooner?!

I'm looking forward to new characters, but I've given up on hoping for new stage transitions. I once dreamt that Kanzuki beach had one added where Gouki in his scuba gear was knocked onto a stray inner tube that floated gently out to sea where he could be lost and forgotten.

"Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 02:26post reply

CFAS is not dead

Just a Person
2230th Post

"Re(1):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 02:33post reply

quote:
CFAS is not dead

Akira? Unexpected choice... but I like it!

Oro and Rose are nice, and Dan was to be expected. Now, who could the 45th street fighter be? C.Viper? Haggar? Well, whoever it is, we won't see them for a full year, so...

neo0r0chiaku
584th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 02:56post reply

quote:
CFAS is not dead

Akira? Unexpected choice... but I like it!

Oro and Rose are nice, and Dan was to be expected. Now, who could the 45th street fighter be? C.Viper? Haggar? Well, whoever it is, we won't see them for a full year, so...

For a second when I read the new characters, I thought of Batsu now Akira lol. Doesn't Anita have the same moves as Skullmania?

Long Live I AM!

"Re(3):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 04:21post reply

Aghh it's Dan! We'd gotten so close, surviving four straight years without him. At least it's not...Sean!? Bonus that we were spared Elena and Fei Long, but I'm still trying to figure out who thinks Dan is "funny" or "cool" after the SNK joke was already dead and unfunny literally 25 years ago. At least we still have four+ glorious months till he shows up.

I'm importing Iggy's post from the other thread:
quote:
As for Akira, she's the best choice not named KyŰko! She even balances Dan being there!
The timeframe, though... all these leakers are basically dead, no one else was planned after Seth for sure. Ono getting the boot and Covid sure messed things up.
what if it's... King Kobra's return? As a tie-in with SF6?
With second-stringers from Zero like Birdie and Karin somehow taking center stage, we can only hope that Justice Gakuen will one day take over the SFVI roster and purge all the crappy SFIII story elements (and ideally, characters) forever. King Kobra would be the hottest addition since Tiger Jackson to Tekken 3.
quote:
For a second when I read the new characters, I thought of Batsu now Akira lol. Doesn't Anita have the same moves as Skullmania?
I assume you mean Akira? And the reason you're thinking of our erstwhile master Skullomania is that Akira was initially in a skull-helmeted biker until she takes it off to reveal she's searching for her missing brother Daigo. It was Samus Aran but with less underwear, but that was Hinata's job anyway.

ANYWAY you can all join the lagfest---I'm proof you don't need to be particularly good to be there! Just let us know. Rugal: I'll host and send the invites.

"Re(4):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 07:13post reply

This is the thread we are going to use? Bah, fine.

Anyway, a PlayStation Blog post has more about the characters. An extended video shows that Dan can, in fact, cancel moves with his taunts. Now that he has Break moves Dan has moved on from AoF and is firmly in the Garou series. Hopefully his critical art is a parody of super deadly ninja bees.

More importantly, the blog notes that Oro will no longer have one arm behind his back but will now challenge himself by holding onto a turtle! Will the turtle have DLC costumes? Can I buy the DLC turtle costumes right now?

Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(5):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 08:01:post reply

I guess the thread with the aptly thread title beats the other? When have we become so predictabowl.
quote:
More importantly, the blog notes that Oro will no longer have one arm behind his back but will now challenge himself by holding onto a turtle! Will the turtle have DLC costumes? Can I buy the DLC turtle costumes right now?

This is how you make money Capcom! Hire this man!
And also make cute costumes for the turtle. I'll buy all of them
Except the one that will turn the turtle into a cat. Don't even think about it Capcom.

Watching the video, I think that might be Dan's best rendition since SvC Chaos.
Which is... definitely something! Maybe not exactly something positive, but Dan players can't be choosers.

With how some previous characters have had their original look reinvented (if only to sell their previous look as "nostalgia costume", I'm surprised none of those is very different from their original look. I suppose the decision to make them REALLY was last minute, and there was no time to waste in re-designing the wheel?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 6 Aug 08:08]

GekigangerV
2068th Post

PSN: gekijmo
XBL: gekijmo5
CFN: gekijmo

"Re(6):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 08:46post reply

quote:

With how some previous characters have had their original look reinvented (if only to sell their previous look as "nostalgia costume", I'm surprised none of those is very different from their original look. I suppose the decision to make them REALLY was last minute, and there was no time to waste in re-designing the wheel?

Rose had a new look in Menat's arcade mode ending

Link Here

We see that the Dan gameplay footage shows him in his SFIV costume.

Who did that promo art? It doesn't look like the style Bengus has been using recently.

I have to say that Dan's animations are looking pretty good so far (his face looks like a WIP, so I can see why they recorded footage off screen). Although he is a joke character he has very grounded kicks, his throws are very technical, even his neutral stance looks like your typical MMA stand up fighter.

For Akira, from what I recall from Rival Schools she kind of fills the Yun/Yang gameplay niche, right? It would be cool if she had an assist V-Skill with Daigo like Mika has with Nadeshiko.

A whole year is gonna be a long wait. I think I will grind survival mode during the free trial on my tertiary PSN account so I can buy the characters with FM as they come out.

"Re(4):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 09:07post reply

I'm extremely glad we have a rival schools character, and that the character is not a fireball/DP character!

Akira is definitely one of the coolest characters from the RS series. I don't know how common the name "Daigo" is in Japan, but given that the most well-known SF player is also a Daigo, it would've been amusing if her brother was included for that reason alone. I am also glad to see that the promotional art image of her manages to convey her so well!

Oro with a turtle is a great idea, I guess somebody at Capcom can still come up with solid takes on existing characters that allow for new avenues of amusement. Old man with turtle Okina in Last Blade still gives me nightmares, though!

"Re(5):LAGFEST, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 11:00:post reply

Remember: Season 5 Lagfest, August 7 (F) 9:00pm EDT / August 8 (Sa) 10:00am JST
Come on by and we will send a lobby invite!
quote:
This is the thread we are going to use? Bah, fine.
I guess the thread with the aptly thread title beats the other? When have we become so predictabowl.
we have to somehow preserve SFV's honor by feeding its season 5 thread enough to survive for a whole year ok
quote:
For Akira, from what I recall from Rival Schools she kind of fills the Yun/Yang gameplay niche, right? It would be cool if she had an assist V-Skill with Daigo like Mika has with Nadeshiko.
Even as one of the world's biggest Justice Gakuen fans, I'll freely admit that everyone in the game is basically Ryu with quarter-circle moves, but I suppose Akira can be Yun/Yang since she doesn't have a projectile? Anyway, I just noticed in the Famitsu article but not the English Playstation blog a reference to "recreating a certain something you'll be familiar with that's unique to Justice Gakuen matches," meaning the tag-team move, so god Skullomania willing, we'll have Daigo, "the man among men," in there!
quote:
Dan can, in fact, cancel moves with his taunts
Speaking of joke characters, what if...what if Dan accidentally ends up being better than Ryu, Kage, AND Claw?!
quote:
I don't know how common the name "Daigo" is in Japan, but given that the most well-known SF player is also a Daigo, it would've been amusing if her brother was included for that reason alone.
Daigo is a moderately common name, but Akira's brother uses badass kanji that mean "the epitome," right in line with a banchou character who says lines with a straight face like "I'll show you the path a man must tread!" Umehara Daigo's kanji are tragically boring. He should probably change how he writes his name if he wants to be a true Street Fighter.

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 6 Aug 12:27]

KTallguy
1566th Post

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 14:55post reply

quote:

It's nice to see Oro back, and that's a cute twist on his character. I imagine it's much harder to constantly hide his arm in a fully 3D game :)

Platinum Carpet V.I.P - THE FOOL

"Re(6):LAGFEST, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 17:35post reply

quote:
meaning the tag-team move, so god Skullomania willing, we'll have Daigo, "the man among men," in there!

Imagine if on top of Oro, next summer we have the first modern appearances of Gan and Edge.
This is the game that gave us a new model for Two-P. Dare to dream big!

Just a Person
2232th Post

"Re(7):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 21:10post reply

quote:

I have to say that Dan's animations are looking pretty good so far (his face looks like a WIP, so I can see why they recorded footage off screen). Although he is a joke character he has very grounded kicks, his throws are very technical, even his neutral stance looks like your typical MMA stand up fighter.

That reminds me, I always thought Dan was supposed to be the ultimate loser, but I was reading some trivia about him last month and learned that while he is goofy and looks ridiculous, he's actually considered a competent fighter in the SF world (or at least he used to be, before his joke factor was turned up to eleven), and the only reason why he's not at Ryu's and Ken's levels is because of his lack of discipline.

After Sakura got some nice character progression in SFV, it would be nice if the same happened with Dan. Sure, he should still be goofy and all, but maybe he could realize in his story that he should take his fights more seriously - and in turn, some fighters could acknowledge he isn't the worst opponent they ever had.

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(8):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Thu 6 Aug 23:36post reply

quote:
After Sakura got some nice character progression in SFV, it would be nice if the same happened with Dan. Sure, he should still be goofy and all, but maybe he could realize in his story that he should take his fights more seriously - and in turn, some fighters could acknowledge he isn't the worst opponent they ever had.

I would accept it if Dan ends up fighting Kage and beating him.
If Dan becomes competent and Kage takes his role as the ultimate loser, then their inclusion in SF5 becomes warranted.

"Re(9):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Fri 7 Aug 01:31post reply

Was Nishimura the artist for New Generation/2nd Impact? The new art echoes that style. Hope it carries over into the story cutscenes as well.

"Re(9):LAGFEST, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Fri 7 Aug 11:04post reply

quote:
I would accept it if Dan ends up fighting Kage and beating him. If Dan becomes competent and Kage takes his role as the ultimate loser, then their inclusion in SF5 becomes warranted.
Not only with this redeem 25 years of Dan, it would also fit nicely with the surprisingly cute and good-hearted writing for the individual story modes if Dan beats Kage and we learn that "hate is the ultimate loser!"

And on that note: everyone, don't be the ultimate loser! Join tomorrow's MMC LAGFEST!
August 7 (F) 9:00pm EDT / August 8 (Sa) 10:00am JST

Just a Person
2233th Post

"Re(10):Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Fri 7 Aug 21:29post reply

quote:
Was Nishimura the artist for New Generation/2nd Impact? The new art echoes that style. Hope it carries over into the story cutscenes as well.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, she was in charge of the art in New Generation. She also did the artwork for the Capcom Groove versions of each fighter in Capcom vs SNK.

"Re(10):LAGFEST, Oro, Rose, Akira announced" , posted Fri 7 Aug 21:30post reply

quote:
And on that note: everyone, don't be the ultimate loser! Join tomorrow's MMC LAGFEST!
August 7 (F) 9:00pm EDT / August 8 (Sa) 10:00am JST

I'll do my best to make it since there's nothing I would enjoy more than playing a few rounds of Fall Guys SF5.

"Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer copy" , posted Sat 8 Aug 14:25:post reply

Thanks for the fun matches, everyone! While it took the staff photographer a while to get the screenshots working on his new computer, the Madman Times has still managed to get to print. READ ALL ABOUT IT:

As usual, Rugal descended from the heavens to show us how it's done, with many of the usual types of tragicomic results. One of the most uplifting upsides to these pummelings is that they can finally give the poor, unloved (by Capcom) Fang his long-deserved place in the sun.

Certainly, contestants can look pretty shocked when they manage to survive. A heroic Warzard denizen attempted to take down MMC's toughest boss when he took the form of a very large man intruding in the MMC Dojo but the loss of the costume's lion head proved fatal. In the biggest upset of the night, it was hapless Ed, of all people, who managed to pull off a major victory.

In other news, while Sexy Seth is probably limited somewhat by his questionable source material, he/she/? does look better in a hat.

In a shocking twist, a mysterious BUTTERMONSTER named Juan appeared later, but the biggest surprise of the night was that AbiGAAAAIL and Chun Li got married! Then again, these unions don't always go as smoothly as originally planned.

And now, the weather: while there is always the possibility of relaxing at the pool or even the sento if Honda doesn't yell at you, in these hot summer days, monsters and men alike all mostly just want to head to the beach.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 8 Aug 14:31]

"Re(1):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Sun 9 Aug 06:09post reply

Good games everyone! Sorry I had to check out early but it looks like the festivities went on just fine without me. We will have to get together again before Dan comes and changes the face of SF5 forever.

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(2):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Sun 9 Aug 14:38post reply

Sorry, I tried. Technically I almost made it because I was in around 9PM, but then I realized it was 9PM EDT which was 3 hours earlier, something that I had not properly absorbed. It didn't really matter since around that time I was stuck with work anyway, but had I known I might have taken a short break to check in.

Might as well comment on the new characters while I'm here.

Dan, wow. I actually did not expect that. I wonder if his story in SFV will be that he closed up his dojo to run a costume shop with his sister. What's really interesting to me about this inclusion is that traditionally, Dan has been purposefully undertuned with stubby normals and weak projectiles. But SFV is a game where everyone has stubby normals and weak projectiles, so maybe this could be his big chance?

Rose and Oro are a bit more expected, but it'll be nice seeing Oro again after all this time. When I think about it, he should be real easy to translate into the SFV system since two of his original Super Arts were like V-Triggers anyway. As for Rose, I'm not a fan of the purple raincoat in Menat's ending but I don't know if she's going to be using that design or not, given the artwork shown was just her regular outfit.

And Akira! When I asked for Akira on Twitter a couple of months ago I did not think I would get her this soon, but why look a gift horse in the mouth? They also mentioned that her stage would have a special gimmick, interesting...

Yuki Yagami

220th Post

Frequent Customer

"Farewell, Ono-san" , posted Sun 9 Aug 21:20post reply

Yoshinori Ono to leave Capcom soon.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"
talbaineric
6322th Post

"Re(1):Farewell, Ono-san" , posted Thu 13 Aug 09:01post reply

quote:
Yoshinori Ono to leave Capcom soon.

Thanks Ono-san for not only bringing back Street Fighter over a decade ago, but also reviving the fighting game genre.

I know Ono has gotten some hate over the last couple of years, mostly concerning SFV, but you still gotta give him his props for the hard work he did for Capcom. Who knows, without his involvement, whether the SF series would have seen the light of day a lot later than when it did.

talbaineric
6323th Post

"Re(3):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Thu 13 Aug 09:07post reply

quote:
And Akira! When I asked for Akira on Twitter a couple of months ago I did not think I would get her this soon, but why look a gift horse in the mouth? They also mentioned that her stage would have a special gimmick, interesting...

I presume the gimmick being that there will be cameos from most of the Rival Schools crew. I am already wondering if the stage will be the Seijyun (sp?) Girls Courtyard stage from the second Rival Schools? Only time will tell.

The wait for these characters is going to be torture. But I know they will be worth it. I'm so happy Rose is back again! She deserves her spot in this game. I'm also excited at the possibilities of Arika! Oro and Dan I'm meh about. Especially Dan, since I feel another more worthy character should have gotten his slot. Makes me wonder who the 5th character will be. Everyone is presuming it will be a male character, giving the number of costumes the character is getting.

"Re(4):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Fri 14 Aug 00:39post reply

quote:
I presume the gimmick being that there will be cameos from most of the Rival Schools crew. I am already wondering if the stage will be the Seijyun (sp?) Girls Courtyard stage from the second Rival Schools? Only time will tell.

Now that I think about it, I'm not certain what a Rival Schools themed stage would look like in SF5. The stages in the Gakuen series were colorful enough and fit the game but they were, by and large, generic anime school settings. What is going to make the stage unique?

"Re(5):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Fri 14 Aug 01:31post reply

quote:
Now that I think about it, I'm not certain what a Rival Schools themed stage would look like in SF5. The stages in the Gakuen series were colorful enough and fit the game but they were, by and large, generic anime school settings. What is going to make the stage unique?

The stage is just Karin's beach stage but Nagare is there

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(5):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Fri 14 Aug 01:45:post reply

quote:

Because the fight happens in a school, all the sleazy costumes are banned and the characters can only select appropriate outfits for children.
Also if you try to select Urien there the police swats your place and arrest you for having an exhibitionist trying to traumatise children.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 14 Aug 01:47]

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: WiiU:Buttermonster

"Re(5):Madman Times: Laggy Edition - get yer c" , posted Fri 14 Aug 02:29post reply

quote:

Now that I think about it, I'm not certain what a Rival Schools themed stage would look like in SF5.

A massive classroom the size of a soccer stadium.

Low polygon characters doing wacky three stooges animations like the ones ruining the four emperor stage

a five mile long blackboard with GAMEST logos