PSN: DefensorVirtuoso
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:06:post reply

https://twitter.com/orochinagicom/status/859884419770970112

Sadly, I can confirm this, even though we were from the same country, I never saw him, yet, we have some common friends who confirmed me this sad news.

I'm in shock with this news, I always saw toxico posting in this board, so I never thought that he was having health problems, so when a friend told me about this news he really found me with my guard down

Nothing more to say, Toxico was a great user of this board, his knowledge of retro games (specially SNK) was impressive, and his youtube channel was a must see if you were a fan of SNK games, it will always blow my mind that he was able of uploading hundreds of hours of tournaments from the most impressive and dark games, specially considering that Chile isn't exactly famous from videogame history

Rest in Piece Toxico, you were truly an important person for this forum, and the SNK community in general

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Thu 4 May 07:07]

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:37:post reply

Condolences to the friends and family and MMcafe. It was amazing how he can find tournament streams. When he was serious he really had meant business; remembering his outstandingly detailed Tekken post. He will be missed. Rest in peace Toxico.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Thu 4 May 07:38]

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:39post reply

quote:

Sadly, I can confirm this, even though we were from the same country, I never saw him, yet, we have some common friends who confirmed me this sad news.

I'm in shock with this news, I always saw toxico posting in this board, so I never thought that he was having health problems, so when a friend told me about this news he really found me with my guard down

Nothing more to say, Toxico was a great user of this board, his knowledge of retro games (specially SNK) was impressive, and his youtube channel was a must see if you were a fan of SNK games, it will always blow my mind that he was able of uploading hundreds of hours of tournaments from the most impressive and dark games, specially considering that Chile isn't exactly famous from videogame history

Rest in Piece Toxico, you were truly an important person for this forum, and the SNK community in general

It's definitely a shock to hear, and certainly a loss to all of the communities he was a part of. Sad news, indeed.

I think this is the last thing he ever posted here at the Cafe,
and I guess it's fitting.

Glower at SNK from that big cafe up in the sky, Toxico!

Professor
5146th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:43:post reply

quote:
Condolonces to the friends and family and MMcafe. It was amazing how he can find tournament streams. When he was serious he really had meant business; remembering his outstandingly detailed Tekken post. He will be missed. Rest in peace Toxico.

Holy cripes, a few of us MMCafe members were talking to him on Twitter just a few days back and I was hitting him about playing a few KOF matches on PSN as well.

This is extremely sudden and very , very heartbreaking...

He's been with us for almost an eternity and things won't feel the same without him... may he rest in peace.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 4 May 08:06]

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:45post reply

quote:

I'm fresh from seeing the news on Twitter as well. I'm absolutely in shock to hear about Toxico's passing. He was always such an amazing weirdo, and I was always glad to see the random and bizarre fighting game matches he was inevitably posting. The Cafe has really lost one of its great luminaries.

You have to carefully reproduce the world of "Castlevania" in the solemn atmosphere.

PSN: BadoorSNK(forPSVITA:BadoorUSA)
XBL: BadoorSNK(ForWiiU/Steam:BadoorSNK)
Wii: 3DS:4253-3532-0341
Gold Customer

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:49post reply

This is such disheartening news. I've known Toxico if only faintly since lurking Orochinagi in maybe 2002/2003. Had no idea he had health issues since he tweeted at me just 6 days ago (it was about the new KOFXIV patch, where he assured me that you could still punish jumps with low Bs). His channel brought me so many happy moments, whether it's uploads of oldish tournaments of even older SNK games, or gems like this, which may be one of my favorite YouTube videos of all time:

https://youtu.be/5nH4iQwFoBk

RIP my friend

http://100daysofmegashock.wordpress.com/
http://badoorsnk.wordpress.com/
pretzelmotion.com

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 07:56post reply

Just heard the news. I'm unexpectedly emotional. I never met him in person but the guy was like a brother to me as we shared some very similar views. It makes me sad to think we'll never get another one of his enlightened drunken posts again.

RIP Toxico

Platinum Carpet V.I.P - IGGY ARI !

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 08:19post reply

I'm at a loss of words. I clicked on the thread thinking "This is a thread to inform us that Toxico changed his alias and will now be known as...".
I was not prepared. Still am not.
I never met him either, and it was still one of my goals, "one day I'll travel around the world and go to Chile specifically to meet him". The few emails we exchanged convinced me that he was in real life the same as here, friendly, weird, uncompromising, warm.
I didn't know him, and yet it feels like we've been a part of each other's life, like all the grumpy old men of the café, since 15, 20 years. I cannot imagine how the people who actually knew him, his real life friends and family, must feel.
My deepest thoughts go to them.
I'll be pouring a glass for him tonight.

Dear Café patrons, please stay safe.

Just a Person
1903th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 08:50post reply

That's shocking, and truly sad. Toxico's participation in the Cafe will be missed, that's for sure.

Rest in peace, Toxico. I hope his family is fine.

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.
KensouADV

33th Post

PSN: Mike_ADV
STM: tamakimike
Rare Customer

"Re(7):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 09:45post reply

Damn, I can't believe it. I lurk here for years and always saw his posts and am subscribed to his channel for years. I know he was somewhat bitter towards the latest SNK game but at least he had arguments and like always contributed to the discussion.

I will never forget his XI videos during those times.

My condolences to everybody who knew him.

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(5):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 09:51post reply

What sad, sad news. Goodbye Toxico, you left behind an amazing legacy and friendships all over the world. You will be missed and it simply won't be the same without you.

And to my fellow Café patrons, be good to yourself and those you love; every day is precious and beautiful.

Digitalboy
794th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: SupplyPigeon8(automatednamecreatedbyXBL)
Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 11:05post reply

I do not know what to say...but this was the first idea that came to mind...

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...
Professor
5146th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 11:14post reply

quote:
I do not know what to say...but this was the first idea that came to mind...

I think the most appropriate way to honor Toxico is to say that he made his last Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport.

It's hard to grasp that he's actually gone now and I'm at a loss of words...

Yuki Yagami

40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 12:59post reply

I often see him most of the time here and in Orochinagi back then. Kinda sad to know what happened. He was a very cool person and provided a lot of video game information I haven't encountered before.

Hats off to you. You will be definitely missed.

Vaya con Dios, amigo.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"
nobinobita
1805th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 13:43:post reply

RIP Toxico. It was just yesterday I was enjoying his tweets and posts. And I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that we talked online, but I just checked and it's been a little over a year.

Life and death can come at you so fast. I wish I had taken more time to get to know him personally. I don't even know his real name. He brought so much joy to others, even complete strangers just passing by on the internet. He had a real passion for games that was truly infectious and made you feel good about your shared hobbies and interests. He embodied the best aspects of fandom, how it can make life a little brighter and bring people together. He is missed dearly.

I hope he had some inkling of how much people enjoyed his presence in their lives. I hope there's some way for his friends and family to see that.

His Youtube channel has the following message:

"Let's spread the love for the game"
Will do, Toxico! Thank you for all the positivity over the years!

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Thu 4 May 13:44]

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 14:39:post reply

I am so shocked and sad. I’ve known Toxico virtually for at least seventeen years, more than many friends I’ve met in real life. I know there were many aspects of Toxico I didn’t know, but what a joy to have been able to share in (and learn from) his passions over the years! I was always so impressed by his worldliness and knowledge of Japanese, American, and other cultures far beyond what he had suggested was a pretty remote upbringing. The breadth of art, games, and culture he was familiar with and shared with people who might not otherwise have encountered them was so striking and wonderful. It really speaks to his overwhelming energy and interest in our particular aspect of the human endeavor, plus the most positive sides of community and friendship that can be born online.

His consistent positivity and humor were really remarkable, too. Like Prof said, we were just in a group chat the other day, and I never would have guessed he was ill---he was too busy cracking me up for me to realize.

I’d heard of online grief before, but this is the first time I have experienced it. I wish I could tell his family what a stand-out guy he was. Bafflingly, I never even knew his real name, though I’d be instantly comfortable sitting down with him in an izakaya or in the middle of Akiba or way over in Chile. Can you have total trust in someone you’ve never laid eyes on? I think Toxico is proof that you can, after so many years of conversations in various mediums.

One of the many wonderful things about the international crowd at the Cafe is knowing that you always have a friend you can visit somewhere in the world. I’ve loved getting to meet so many of you, and I always imagined that I’d meet my Chilean brother in person after all these years, and I feel so sorry that that chance has gone.

One of my favorite recent memories is my many hours of tagging along with Toxico on the MMCafe Dragon’s Crown team, where he’d shepherd me along with the bafflingly strong characters he’d developed through so much patience and study. I literally saw new places for the first time while adventuring with him, and loved all the chats and advice he’d share along the way. It really felt like being with a senpai or your sports team’s coach. Even after we'd all gotten too sleepy to play anymore, we'd often keep chatting until early morning on all kinds of nostalgic delights and new discoveries. What’s evidently referred to in the English version of Dragon's Crown as the “Tower of Mirages” is actually 夢幻の天廊, much closer to the “Dreamlike Heavenly Corridor,” where I like to imagine him heading now.

PS: Sibarraz, thanks for letting us know. If your mutual friends are able to share condolences, or even point friends and family who speak English towards our group, I'd love for them to know that our Toxico has friends on so many continents who will miss him.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 4 May 15:34]

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 15:56post reply

My condolencies, I always enjoyed his presence and content a great deal.

Micky Kusanagi
662th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
CFN: MickyKusanagi

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 16:25:post reply

Rest in peace, Toxico...I've always treasured your Youtube channel and your blog Analogías de Videojuegos as two of the shiniest hidden gems in the world of fighting games, and I'll always do.

Ore no...kachi da!!

[this message was edited by Micky Kusanagi on Thu 4 May 21:21]

PSN: Drakee
XBL: eccothedolphin
CFN: eccothedolphin
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 16:47:post reply

This news really left me stunnned... I didn't know what to say when I heard and I still don't. Life is short, precious, and fragile. Rest in peace Toxico, this weird little band of friends scattered across the globe will never forget you.

[this message was edited by Grave on Thu 4 May 16:48]

PSN: IkariLoona

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 18:01:post reply

I'm still digesting this since reading about it on Twitter last night before bed... his presence on corners of the net where I've hung out for years has always been a boon of cherished discoveries and perspectives that made those places better, be that a funny or insightful post here at the Cafe, the upload of a NicoNico SNK classic to Youtube to make it more accessible to the rest of the world, or a gargantuan effort to translate and detail information about KoF XIII characters and quotes. And throughout all of this, no idea that his health was letting him down... This keeps coming to mind now

...!!

[this message was edited by Loona on Thu 4 May 18:37]

chazumaru
1870th Post

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 19:43post reply

Wow, very sad and sudden news. Toxico was definitely one of the most entertaining and knowledgeable members of the MMC community. Thanks for sharing the news of his passing here. I wish the best forward to his family and close friends.

Męme Narumi est épatée !

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 19:51post reply

That is very true: Sibarraz, thank you for taking the time to tell us, and if you have the occasion, please forward our warmest wishes to anyone physically closer to his family.

I think I have an address of his somewhere in an email. I may try to retrieve it and send a card, hoping it would reach his family... but I'd be at a loss of words to write on that. I don't know how to express what this terrible news makes me feel.

sibarraz
637th Post

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 20:58post reply

I'm impressed by all the love that you guys have for toxico, I'm a relative new user (8 years I guess) compared to most of you who spent almost 2 decades chatting about their love from videogames.

Honestly, I can't see myself going to Toxico's funeral since our towns have almost an 200 kms distnce, and my weekend is filled with compromises, but I like this idea of sending him something to their family through some of my contacts that knew him better

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 4 May 23:34post reply

One of the most informative and entertaining patrons to ever grace the Café. He will be dearly missed.

If Juan is still around, he should do a commemorative piece in Toxico's honor.

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 00:16post reply

Rest in peace, Toxico.

I'm stunned.

Although I haven't been a part of the conversation for as long, I have been sitting in the corner of the cafe eavesdropping on the troubled youths of this establishment for about 20 years. He was definitely a pillar of light, shining his knowledge down to the masses. I've learned so much about the things I love thanks to him.

I often hesitate to post because I don't feel my contributions could live up to the caliber of the rest. Toxico could ALWAYS bring an interesting tidbit of info or a contrary angle that would keep the conversation sparking.

He is blessed with craft. The best thing we can do to remember him is try to achieve that standard of taste. I will try extra hard to share the knowledge of art and culture regarding the things I love.

Thank you, Toxico.

Mosquiton
2281th Post

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 00:17post reply

I clicked on this thread thinking, I'm sure this is nothing as serious as the title might suggest.

My wife had very seriously asked me what was wrong and I didn't know what to say. I told her "Well, it's just that this guy that had posted on this message board for a long time..."

But then my voice cracked and I felt ashamed for trying to downplay the reason I was so upset. It was not just some guy on the internet, it was our Toxico.

You guys have already written some very kind and beautiful messages. I don't really know what else to add. Like the Prof, I thought of the Obscene Voodoo Teleport Dance. I also thought of the World Heroes 2 Jet thread. The man was a scholar and a poet as far as I'm concerned. Certainly not a saint, but I don't think he'd ever have aimed for that... how much fun can a saint really have in this life, anyway? I regret that I never had the opportunity to sit down and drink with this man.

I remember being very disappointed that Toxico did not comment on a post I made one time making fun of a neighbor's note written left by a broken washing machine. I was thinking of Toxico specifically when I posted this and thought that I'd surely get him to reply. I just have to hope that he did click on it and simply nodded in approval since he clearly had such excellent taste.

I've been coming to the cafe for so long that I've honestly imagined logging in after another 20 years and seeing some of the same people kicking around and talking about the games they love. In this imagined reality, Toxico surely would have been there. If any of us do end up sticking around that long (and assuming the Cafe is still running), I'm sure we'll still remember our friend. Thank you sibarraz for letting us know, and thanks to everyone else for sharing their feelings.

Take care, everyone.

/ / /
nobinobita
1805th Post

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 01:07post reply

quote:
That is very true: Sibarraz, thank you for taking the time to tell us, and if you have the occasion, please forward our warmest wishes to anyone physically closer to his family.

I think I have an address of his somewhere in an email. I may try to retrieve it and send a card, hoping it would reach his family... but I'd be at a loss of words to write on that. I don't know how to express what this terrible news makes me feel.

Toxico's sister has been responding to people on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/catalanpamela/status/860152007944019968

Here is her account:
https://twitter.com/catalanpamela

I hope no one minds if I point her to this thread.

www.art-eater.com

PSN: Kusanagi82
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 02:43post reply

quote:

I’d heard of online grief before, but this is the first time I have experienced it.

I'm feeling this for the first time as well.

What the hell happened?! I can't even process this now. In my mind, Toxico was one of the great old pillars holding the cafe. I remember when I started lurking around here (what feels like decades ago). Back then I was still living close to him and we were trying to arrange a meeting..

I don't even know how to process this. I'm so sorry. Rest in Peace you beautiful thing...

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"
Lord SNK

230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 03:26post reply

Rest in peace, Toxico.

I am relatively new here, but as a long time lurker, I had read his posts for who knows how many years. That's a strange feeling, being sad for a person I have never met in real life.
You will be missed dearly.

sibarraz
641th Post

"Re(6):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 10:51:post reply

His sister saw this thread, she was touched for all the love and respect that toxico was getting on the internet

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Fri 5 May 10:52]

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 12:10post reply

Although I never met or even spoke to him in here but I do always love to read his messages around here.

Rest In Peace Toxico.

Who did this to these dogs ???
red falcon
6236th Post

PSN: Rugalbgood
XBL: RugalBGood
Wii: Doesitmatter?

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 14:58post reply

I heard about this a few days ago from the Prof, but just getting a chance to post now. >_< Toxico was around for as long as I can remember, and was always a great contributor to topics. Quite a surprise, I had no idea he was ill. He will be missed. Rest in Peace, Toxico!

Wii: NNID:sfried
Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 16:09:post reply

I barely knew Toxico but from what I could understand, he's been a long standing MMCafe member.

I was still new to MMCafe and admittedly my knowledge in SNK games was rather limited at the time (due to only having been recently exposed to the fighting game community). Toxico was one of the few people here who manage to pinpoint what I was refering to regarding a rather obscure question related to Fatal Fury. My guess is it was one of his favorite series, too.

It seem only appropriate, then, that Garou Mark of the Wolves on the Switch is just right around the corner. I've played the different iterations of Fatal Fury ever since then, trying to get into the series, even if its just to enjoy a single player campaign. Garou is the only game I have not played yet, and I've heard how well heralded it is in the series, so it seems only fitting once it comes on the 11th I will try to play this game and learn its intricacies.

Rest in peace Toxico, and thanks for showing me the way.

[this message was edited by sfried on Fri 5 May 16:10]

LEGENOARYNINLIA
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 5 May 18:40post reply

Thanks for all the great stories Toxico. I'll pop in Ninja Master's tonight. RIP.

~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
videograpple.tumblr.com/
neo0r0chiaku
315th Post

XBL: IAMDC1
STM: dc202styles
Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sat 6 May 12:13post reply

Duerme en paz hermano! Gracias por todo!!!

Long Live I AM!

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sat 6 May 20:22post reply

Toxico is a name that I don't think I will ever forget. Even though I've never met him, I've been reading his posts here and at ON for something like 17 years and I love his youtube channel. It's thanks to him that I've grown to love and respect World Heroes series more and I'm genuinely shook to the core of my being. Life is so precious and we thank you for everything Toxico! Also, my deepest appreciation and love to all the dear cafe members here. You are all like family to me (even though I'm a lurker) and I pray for blessings upon all of you.

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sun 7 May 19:28post reply

Hmmm, I am at a loss here, I don't really know what to say. I never knew Toxico in real life and here at the Cafe I never really did interact directly with him that much, but we all know that he was one of the (many) reasons why this little corner of the Internet is so warm and cozy. His memorable and witty interventions on this board did always make a difference. He will be deeply missed.

There is little else to add to what everybody else has already said. Life is such a precious, fragile thing, even if we often fail to aknowledge that on our everyday lives. If anything, it is somewhat recomforting to know that he was able to keep doing what he liked most (playing games, posting on the Cafe, etc.) till the very end. Next time I get to meet a fellow Cafer, I'll make sure to make a toast in his honor. I have the feeling that he would like that.

Gracias por todo, compańero. Descansa en paz, y sigue bailando tu obscena danza vudú de teleportación allá donde estés.

A Talking about Japanese History sword in hand
The Droogo
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sun 7 May 23:51post reply

Hello guys
It's me The Droogo.
I would like to talk a little bit of my friend Alfredo Catalan. More known as Toxico.
There was a time when I was young when, practically, nobody could beat me in the arcades. Especially in the fatal fury real bout(the first one where you could play with Yamazaki). Then one day I went to the arcades wanting to play Fatal Fury and I found the machine busy. So I just put the credit on and started the match. For my surprise I lost. Second credit, lost. Third credit using Yamazaki, lost. Then I turned to the guy who was playing and I said to him: Maestro(Master) and he replied with a very serious voice: Discipulo(disciple). And thus out friendship begun.

From then we would be the best friends. We became very feared by the other players, they knew that there was no chance on beating us. Then we became more and more people in the TOXIC CLAN. And we ruled our arcade machines. Even people from other regions came to our arcades to defy us. It was kind of impossible to beat us at all.

Toxico was a real master. At age 8 he learned English already. That is a big thing in a country like Chile where people get blushed of just say a proper word in English in front of a crowd where they will put you down and make fun of you and your perfect pronunciation.
Toxico never repair on money. If somebody needed he would give it away for the good cause.(for credits and for transportation to go to another city arcades or to his house to play in his computer)
Toxico was a human library, he had all the knowledge I could care about when I was a teenager. Manga, computers, comics, anime and of course video games.
With him we had the conclusion that if you couldn't win with style that win would be worthless. What was the point in winning to another one if it weren't with super special move? With that you could win the match and the next one because you would have carve in your opponent mind with who he were fighting against( sometimes we would loose the match if the things weren't in that way Hehehehehe)
Toxico never end to amaze me, just because of this event I learned that he had a YouTube channel were he had more than 10.000 subs. I also learned that he had a Twitter account, but never a facebook account. XD

Toxico was a real friend. Our friendship didn't need frequency at all. We knew that we were friend to each other. That our friendship existed even we were apart by kilometers and even time. I didn't talked with him in the last 8 years, but every month at least I would remember him and smile thinking of him. Many times I wanted to contact him, but the only thing I could do was talk with his sister and send home regards through her. So guys, if you have a friend that you haven't talk for a while, this is a signal.

I will always love him as my big brother and will be on my heart for ever. Big part of myself is because of him.
Thank you master for all your teaching and all the moments we were together
We will meet again
Gracias Maestro!

Ps.
Thanks Professor for fixing my account ;)

Disciple of TOXICO
nobinobita
1808th Post

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 8 May 02:52post reply

quote:
Hello guys
It's me The Droogo.
I would like to talk a little bit of my friend Alfredo Catalan. More known as Toxico.
There was a time when I was young when, practically, nobody could beat me in the arcades. Especially in the fatal fury real bout(the first one where you could play with Yamazaki). Then one day I went to the arcades wanting to play Fatal Fury and I found the machine busy. So I just put the credit on and started the match. For my surprise I lost. Second credit, lost. Third credit using Yamazaki, lost. Then I turned to the guy who was playing and I said to him: Maestro(Master) and he replied with a very serious voice: Discipulo(disciple). And thus out friendship begun.

From then we would be the best friends. We became very feared by the other players, they knew that there was no chance on beating us. Then we became more and more people in the TOXIC CLAN. And we ruled our arcade machines. Even people from other regions came to our arcades to defy us. It was kind of impossible to beat us at all.

Toxico was a real master. At age 8 he learned English already. That is a big thing in a country like Chile where people get blushed of just say a proper word in English in front of a crowd where they will put you down and make fun of you and your perfect pronunciation.
Toxico never repair on money. If somebody needed he would give it away for the good cause.(for credits and for transportation to go to another city arcades or to his house to play in his computer)
Toxico

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Thank you for that wonderful account. I was moved to tears. I will heed your words (I just had an actual call (not text) with an old friend who I hadn't properly talked to in years)

www.art-eater.com
Professor
5148th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 8 May 04:05post reply

Hi Droogo, welcome back and thanks for sharing Toxico's younger years together with us. It's great to hear about both of your stories from the old days.

I think I understand his graciousness; he must've had his place opened to his comrades, there always seemed to be a few of his friends playing on his PS3/PS4 console at his place!

Yamazaki_RJ

25th Post

PSN: Yamazaki_RJ
CFN: Yamazaki_RJ
Rare Customer

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 8 May 05:05post reply

Rest in Peace, Toxico.

I'm an old lurker here, since 99. His insights was always a great time reading, and will be missed.

Like a passionate SNK fan, I enjoyed everything he posted about NeoGeo games. I have similar stories playing SNK games too.

I agreed he was one of the Cafe pillars. I'm really shocked and sad.

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: WiiU:Buttermonster

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 8 May 13:34post reply

Thank you Sibarraz

I had the pleasure of knowing Toxico in the net since about 1999. Like others mentioned, I was always impressed by his wisdom on any subject, and his passion for games. I was also happy that he was always willing to answer my crazy questions and engage on silly shenanigans at any time.

I can't imagine what he has been through, but I am happy that I was able to talk to him recently about games and goofy stuff like old times.

I appreciate all of you. Be good.

Droogo, un abrazo

Crisaegrim

1th Post

PSN: JanuxMK
New Customer

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 8 May 18:21post reply

quote:

Rest in Peace....
One of my favorite channels of Youtube about of fighting games and SRW :(

我は無限,我は混沌・・・
GekigangerV
1973th Post

PSN: gekijmo
XBL: gekijmo5
Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Wed 10 May 10:36post reply

quote:
Hello guys
It's me The Droogo.

Toxico

Thanks for sharing that.

I saw the Prof's tweet over the weekend and really couldn't bring myself to coming here until to check things out.

The MMCafe has been the online community I have come to the most. I was still in high school when I registered this account.

Everyone here has been so respectful, supportive and non-hostile. It truly is a sad day to lose someone as great as Toxico.

Micky Kusanagi
665th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
CFN: MickyKusanagi

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 11 May 01:58post reply

quote:
Hello guys
It's me The Droogo.

Toxico

Hi Droogo, nice to meet you, and thank you for your heartfelt account about your friendship with Toxico. Knowing that such stories can happen in this cruel world is moving...

Ore no...kachi da!!
Mosquiton
2287th Post

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 18 May 03:13:post reply

I wanted to share one more thing here while this thread is still relatively new. I had recently bought a bottle of Chilean Pisco, and I have been sharing it with family and visitors in all sorts of configurations (it's actually not bad neat, either).

Naturally, I think of Toxico and 90s SNK each time I open it. Cheers, my friend.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Thu 18 May 03:16]

PSN: Kusanagi82
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 19 May 01:40post reply

quote:

Naturally, I think of Toxico and 90s SNK each time I open it. Cheers, my friend.

That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

New Customer

"Re(5):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 26 May 07:44:post reply

Toxic did not have much esteem to Sibarraz, hahaha ironies of the life, I am sure that would have released the laughter .... had to say it. By the way, I am Sousa from the blog of analogies, as you know, where my buddy Toxic liked to contribute and promoted until the end of time.
Well ... I think you knew him well and I do not want to get out of touch with details of his personal life ... I am completely sure that MMCafe was important for him. The community of KOF and Tekken (fifth region of Chile) attended his emotional funeral and shared with his family, I really think he had a magnificent and enviable farewell with his friends, considering that he used to be a rather lonely person, with the exception from Internet.

My intention is only to inform those who had esteem and do not have the way to find out. Many already said goodbye and his family appreciated the gesture. Sorry for the delay.

https://www.facebook.com/luis.zamora.9634340/media_set?set=a.944122869063791.1073741851.100003982604810&type=3

[this message was edited by Sousa on Fri 26 May 10:46]

Professor
5160th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 26 May 22:09post reply

quote:
Toxic did not have much esteem to Sibarraz, hahaha ironies of the life, I am sure that would have released the laughter .... had to say it. By the way, I am Sousa from the blog of analogies, as you know, where my buddy Toxic liked to contribute and promoted until the end of time.
Well ... I think you knew him well and I do not want to get out of touch with details of his personal life ... I am completely sure that MMCafe was important for him. The community of KOF and Tekken (fifth region of Chile) attended his emotional funeral and shared with his family, I really think he had a magnificent and enviable farewell with his friends, considering that he used to be a rather lonely person, with the exception from Internet.

My intention is only to inform those who had esteem and do not have the way to find out. Many already said goodbye and his family appreciated the gesture. Sorry for the delay.

https://www.facebook.com/luis.zamora.9634340/media_set?set=a.944122869063791.1073741851.100003982604810&type=3

Hi Sousa, and welcome to the MMCafe BBS.
Thank you very much about the update on the situation on his funeral... he will be dearly missed. I've visited your site/blog video game analogies a number of times and I always get the image of Mudman (or Maxima) when it came to Toxico because of it. I wasn't sure of how often he contributed to video game analogies though, did he do so regularly?

New Customer

"Re(7):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sat 27 May 00:33:post reply

quote:

Hi Sousa, and welcome to the MMCafe BBS.
Thank you very much about the update on the situation on his funeral... he will be dearly missed. I've visited your site/blog video game analogies a number of times and I always get the image of Mudman (or Maxima) when it came to Toxico because of it. I wasn't sure of how often he contributed to video game analogies though, did he do so regularly?

A long and old story ... the blog was born thanks to the influence of Toxic derived from its culture, intellectual and strange jokes with respect to the subject of the similarities and references in videogames (Mudman is a clear reference to obscene voodoo dance teleport). Of course in those years (2008) I found the subject interesting, enough to compile and formalize the information. Most of the episodes were practically written after pre-random talks that we had with respect to the subject, we both shared the mania to investigate about our hobbies. And in general I helped a lot with the Japanese language, it saved me a lot of research time.

You have to keep in mind that the blog has been stranded since 2012 (which I just noticed).

*An honor Professor, must have been with Iggy the people he mentioned most in his daily life, or at least those that I remember (I hope not to transgress susceptibilities).

[this message was edited by Sousa on Sat 27 May 05:58]

Professor
5164th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sun 28 May 14:25:post reply

quote:
A long and old story ... the blog was born thanks to the influence of Toxic derived from its culture, intellectual and strange jokes with respect to the subject of the similarities and references in videogames (Mudman is a clear reference to obscene voodoo dance teleport). Of course in those years (2008) I found the subject interesting, enough to compile and formalize the information. Most of the episodes were practically written after pre-random talks that we had with respect to the subject, we both shared the mania to investigate about our hobbies. And in general I helped a lot with the Japanese language, it saved me a lot of research time.

Ah thank you for the clarifications! I always assumed the Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport was a reference to Mudman so it's great you that you've confirmed it. I'm in the midst of compiling an overview of Toxico's activities as a tribute, so I might reference your post if you don't mind.

By the way, do you know anything about Toxico's activities regarding the Tekken side of things in Chile? I think there was a tournament held in his honor just yesterday.

On a side note, five of us (Karasu, Chazumaru, Maese, Karasu's wife, myself) met up yesterday and had a drink to Toxico yesterday. We will miss him dearly, and remember him for all the fun times that we've had.

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/pics/toast-to-el-toxico.jpg

Edit: to The Droogo
I found this in the archives, oh the rivalry

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 29 May 01:06]

New Customer

"Re(9):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 29 May 07:40post reply

quote:

By the way, do you know anything about Toxico's activities regarding the Tekken side of things in Chile? I think there was a tournament held in his honor just yesterday.

Coincidentally I watched the Tekken tournament that you mentioned despite not being a fan of Tekken ... there was no mention of Toxico. However, on a previous occasion in the same place of DM (local Dream Match, located in the capital) there was a small event / tournament of KOF IV in his honor, mainly due to the massive dissemination of the unfortunate news and for being a compatriot. Few knew him in Chile at present, except for a few who visit Orochinagi y others who remembered him by meetings of yesteryear ... I do not blame them, after the arcade era spent most of the time locked up in his house; If anyone wanted to talk to him he had to go and visit him.

As for the question, it is strange that his facet as a player of Tekken is not known, Tekken was his pride as far as fighting's game is concerned and used to organize events / tournaments in the city of Valparaíso (fifth region, in the local Karma Games ) In which he also participated as a staunch competitor with expectations of winning. Although he never stood out in the national competitive scene in any fighting`s game, but he was a great adviser and sparring that helped others of his region to excel, either in KOF and Tekken.

I understand that he started playing from the first Tekken and shared a lot of time with his friends from the community of his region (extinct forum of TekkenChile), because they all met previously in the extinct arcade Galaxica from Valparaíso.

sibarraz
647th Post

"Re(6):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 29 May 08:18post reply

quote:

I always thought that you and toxico were the same person for that blog, it kinda sucks that I discovered this after all what happened. I haven't see you for a while (were not you in gamercafe?)

Hungrywolf
3159th Post

"Re(1):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Wed 31 May 13:48post reply

I'm very sorry to hear this news, today. Rest in peace.

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 1 Jun 11:14post reply

quote:
I'm very sorry to hear this news, today. Rest in peace.

Also ridiculously late. It's so weird some guy that was still around the last time you were at the board died in the time you were gone.

Not that I know most people here personally or at all so I can't say I actually feel anything but mystified.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

PSN: Lord-Hayato

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Mon 5 Jun 16:50post reply

I'm shocked by this piece of news. So much, in fact that, despite getting wind of it a couple weeks ago, I couldn't find neither the needed time nor the courage to openly talk about it till now.

Not that I interacted that much with Toxico here in the Cafe, but he was, without the shadow of a doubt, one of the greatest contributors to this little, amiable and often crazy corner of the Internet. And as such, his sudden departure just rendered me speechless, unable to collect the words to express how much this means to us cafers, specially for those old-timers like me, that have been around the forums for decades now (be it lurking and/ or actively posting) and consider MadMan's Cafe much more than a mere online videogame community.

As of late, due to so called "real life affairs" I've been unable to visit the Cafe as much as I'd like but events like this one made me realize how much I care for my fellow cafers and that MMC will always be a staple of my social life: no matter how long it takes, I'll keep on coming back to know about you guys!

My biggest condolences to family and friends; his presence will be sorely missed in this humble cafe to which he devoted so much time and energy...

PSN: Hunter-KT
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Wed 7 Jun 11:32:post reply

I'm really sorry to hear about Toxico's passing.

It's always sad when an important member of the community isn't with us any longer. He contributed so much to this place. My condolences.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 7 Jun 11:32]

PSN: Ikari_DC
XBL: IkariDC
Wii: Toolazytolookitup

"Re(5):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sat 10 Jun 21:01post reply

I haven't been checking the café for a long while and I found out by chance about this and came back here running.

I don't think I ever interacted with him but it hit me like a thunder learning about him passing away, he was trully a pilar at this site, this thread clearly shows how fond everyone here was of him. I just loved to read what everybody had to say and to learn more about him from the people that were closer and knew him since a long time, thank you for that.

Descansa en paz, I'll be listening to some SNK music CDs in your honor.

"Re(6):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Tue 3 Oct 05:06post reply

Man I have no words for this... It's been a while since I haven't posted here, but still lurks form time to time.

Loosing Toxico is terrible. I'll seriously miss him, from all the fun hes did here with his monkey army, Juan's evil cloned sister Juna, and the famous Obsscene woodoo dance teleport...

He was always nice to peoples, never agressive, always taking time to speak and explain things, I can't count how much advices he did gives me for many games... Tekken, KOF, Sengoku ...

I will miss him really, we all I'm sure.

Just give my condolences to all his family and his sister.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

"Re(7):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Tue 3 Oct 05:31post reply

I didn't see this til the thread bump either. Toxico!! At least he was loved by many.

Professor
5221th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Tue 3 Oct 12:52post reply

Naruto, Exodus-
Thanks for coming back and giving a moment to Toxico. It's been almost 4 months and it still feels hard and odd knowing he isn't with us any more.

"Re(9):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sun 22 Oct 18:55post reply

quote:
Naruto, Exodus-
Thanks for coming back and giving a moment to Toxico. It's been almost 4 months and it still feels hard and odd knowing he isn't with us any more.

Thanks professor, it's the least we can do. Toxico's being an excellent peoples to spend time with talking on this board, having a deep thoight for him and his famaily is natural.

Fortes fortuna juvat...
Professor
5240th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Tue 24 Oct 03:00post reply

quote:
Naruto, Exodus-

Thanks professor, it's the least we can do. Toxico's being an excellent peoples to spend time with talking on this board, having a deep thoight for him and his famaily is natural.

Even though it's the age of Social networking, it was always a pleasure to have him around and talk with him on this bbs.

It's been a while since you've posted here, but I hope things are well for you!

EternalNewbie

207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 24 Nov 05:42post reply

While I'm fairly late to this thread due to lurking here only once or twice a year, I also just wanted the chance to give my condolences to those affected by Toxico's loss.

Over the many years, Toxico was always one of the community members that stood out here when catching up on posts and it's honestly quite shocking to hear of his loss.

While lurking didn't afford many chances to interact with him, I'll miss him around here all the same.

Professor
5275th Post

MMCafe Owner

"In memory of our beloved member, Toxico" , posted Fri 1 Dec 20:55:post reply

2017 was an year of many happenings. But for us here at the MMCafe, the biggest thing we faced was Toxico's departure in May.

Since then, it's been quite difficult to get in the mind of writing anything for the main site.
But as we face towards the end of the year, this is a memoire to say,

Toxico, we will never forget you. May you rest in Peace.

In memory of our beloved member, Toxico

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 1 Dec 21:27]

New Customer

"Re(1):In memory of our beloved member, Toxico" , posted Fri 1 Dec 22:02post reply

Nice... May you rest in peace. When I stopped having nightmares, a person with a certain resemblance to Toxico subscribes to my channel, I even thought of a joke in bad taste... May you rest in peace once and for all.

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(1):In memory of our beloved member, Toxico" , posted Fri 1 Dec 23:14post reply

Thank you, Prof.
I had to stop in the middle of the article, to, you know, go get myself some coffee, or, something.

Here's for 2018.

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(1):In memory of our beloved member, Toxico" , posted Sat 2 Dec 00:15post reply

Thank you for that lovely remembrance Professor.

Thank you also to Toxico. Your wit and wisdom were a joy to read. We miss you my friend.

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(1):In memory of our beloved member, Toxico" , posted Sun 3 Dec 17:59post reply

quote:
Toxico, we will never forget you. May you rest in Peace.

In memory of our beloved member, Toxico

May 2017... has it really been half a year since this happened? It still feels so recent. In my mind I thought that I'd seen Toxico post a long comment on Geese's reveal in Tekken 7 ending with a detailed rant about Jack wearing hapkido pants... the reveal was in July.

Thanks Professor for the year-end memorial. Toxico's spirit lives on here.

The Droogo
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 7 Dec 07:21post reply

quote:
Hi Droogo, welcome back and thanks for sharing Toxico's younger years together with us. It's great to hear about both of your stories from the old days.

I think I understand his graciousness; he must've had his place opened to his comrades, there always seemed to be a few of his friends playing on his PS3/PS4 console at his place!

Thanks to you man :)
You almost got it. Of course it is always cool that somebody receives you at his/her place. Especially back then in the 90's with a computer and the first Neo-geo emulator with the KOF series to spend all the weekend playing non stop. The other day I saw a guy on twitch trying to do a marathon and I thought only one thing:NOOB. No bullshit, but there was a time that we spend like a month playing all the games of the emulator. Those were my best summer term vacations ever.

However Toxico's MOJO was another one.
I think his graciousness was his damn inteligens. He was a fucking bad ass good friend. Very loyal and sometimes weirdly dark as a human being. But in the end a true mentor that without any interest back would teach you things just for the passion of it.

Greatest friend and rival :')

Today is my birthday but the cheer it is defenitely not for me.
I want to cheer for the one and only :)

Cheers TOXICO and like we used to say back in the day:" I will see you in hell"

Disciple of TOXICO
The Droogo
321th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 7 Dec 07:46post reply

quote:
Thank you Sibarraz

I had the pleasure of knowing Toxico in the net since about 1999. Like others mentioned, I was always impressed by his wisdom on any subject, and his passion for games. I was also happy that he was always willing to answer my crazy questions and engage on silly shenanigans at any time.

I can't imagine what he has been through, but I am happy that I was able to talk to him recently about games and goofy stuff like old times.

I appreciate all of you. Be good.

Droogo, un abrazo

Gracias Juan

Disciple of TOXICO
Yamazaki_RJ

31th Post

PSN: Yamazaki_RJ
CFN: Yamazaki_RJ
Rare Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 7 Dec 21:27post reply

quote:
While I'm fairly late to this thread due to lurking here only once or twice a year, I also just wanted the chance to give my condolences to those affected by Toxico's loss.

Over the many years, Toxico was always one of the community members that stood out here when catching up on posts and it's honestly quite shocking to hear of his loss.

While lurking didn't afford many chances to interact with him, I'll miss him around here all the same.

Me too.

I'm the guy sitting in that distant table, in the darkest corner of the Cafe since 1998. And I will miss him too, specially after read the stories Droogo posted about him.

"Re(2):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Tue 12 Dec 22:29post reply

quote:

Even though it's the age of Social networking, it was always a pleasure to have him around and talk with him on this bbs.

It's been a while since you've posted here, but I hope things are well for you!

Yes it's been a while, but life changed a bit for me and I have less time for posting on forums, especially since there were quite a lots of them for me back in the time.

But I still visit the cafe from time to time, and yes, things are going well for me, thanks.

things seems to have changed a bit at the cafe as well, and Toxico's loss being one of the most surprising and painfull to discover. Nice things you did for him professor.
But I see most members of the community are still here, and even if I didn't knew him more that the "internet friend" he was for me, I think that he would still like see the cafe keeps going as ususal.

The Droogo could correct me on this one, but I think that keeping the "spirit" he had about gaming and other fun stuffs, is the best way to show him how much he was appreciated.

Fortes fortuna juvat...
Kikkoken
1195th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 19 Apr 17:21post reply

I can't believe this is true. I was just finishing a scientific article in linguistics, using some old MMC threads from 2009 to illustrate 'accommodation theories', one of the posts I analyse was by Toxico. I had moved away from the MMC, for a few years, and just wanted to give it a peek, after so many years, and the third thread title that I read is this... I thought it was some kind of joke. Now I now what the dedication of my article will be.

Professor
5405th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Thu 19 Apr 22:23post reply

quote:
I can't believe this is true. I was just finishing a scientific article in linguistics, using some old MMC threads from 2009 to illustrate 'accommodation theories', one of the posts I analyse was by Toxico. I had moved away from the MMC, for a few years, and just wanted to give it a peek, after so many years, and the third thread title that I read is this... I thought it was some kind of joke. Now I now what the dedication of my article will be.

Hi Kikkoken! Yes, unfortunately.. it's been just about a year since we've bid farewell to him. Time sure passes by quick, and I can still find myself reminded of him when I see a World Heroes video or update some parts of MMCafe. As we age, it's a good reminder that we need to be careful of our health.

"Re(4):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 20 Apr 03:23post reply

quote:

Bless your soul, Toxico T_T
I really want to read this article of yours! Is there a draft you could share with us?

Kikkoken
1197th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 20 Apr 04:35post reply

quote:

I really want to read this article of yours! Is there a draft you could share with us?

Thank you so much for your interest, Spoon. Of course I'll share this article when it's done, but it's in French. I have a draft in English, in the form of a powerpoint presentation, which I used as teaching material. I need to change a few things here & there, but this I can share with you now. But... erm.. how do I put up a powerpoint doc on the internet? Do I have to create a cloud or something?

"Re(6):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 20 Apr 07:51post reply

quote:

Thank you so much for your interest, Spoon. Of course I'll share this article when it's done, but it's in French. I have a draft in English, in the form of a powerpoint presentation, which I used as teaching material. I need to change a few things here & there, but this I can share with you now. But... erm.. how do I put up a powerpoint doc on the internet? Do I have to create a cloud or something?

Hi Kikkoken! Welcome back!
About Power Point Presentation, maybe you might be interested in online presentation programs like Prezi? I think those can be viewed with browsers.

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(5):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Fri 20 Apr 09:52post reply

quote:

Hi Kikkoken! Yes, unfortunately.. it's been just about a year since we've bid farewell to him.
Truly. It's a sign of Toxico's big heart and personality that I remember exactly where I was when I read on the BBS about his passing, just like with other losses and tragedies, despite our not having met in person. I'm still not sure what it will feel like the next time I pick up Dragon's Crown.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
Kikkoken
1201th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Rest in Peace Toxico" , posted Sat 21 Apr 02:26post reply

Thanks for the tip, Kofoguz. I'll bear that in mind. Oh yes Toxico had a big heart, and he was a very open person. I think each of the members can say they had at least one very special exchange with him. The one that comes to my mind is a conversation about Jun in KoFEX2 for the GBA. His heart was so big as to give even her a little place in his heart, that lame duck Jun!