Weekly classic fighting game thread II Turbo - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (326 Views )
Professor
5137th Post

user profileedit/delete message
MMCafe Owner

"Weekly classic fighting game thread II Turbo" , posted Sun 30 Apr 15:19:post reply

Summer has com... wait a sec, it's still SPRING!?
Link to Thread 1

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 30 Apr 15:41]

Replies:

Professor
5137th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Weekly classic fighting game thread II " , posted Sun 30 Apr 15:41post reply

Previous post from Toxico:

Do you recognize this man?

Do you recognize this man? = a cool anecdote if you're interested in Capcom staff shenanigans in in today's CapcomTV stream.

Spoiler: So it's the producer of Daigyakuten Saiban! He used to be a programmer and worked on SF2 back then.

chazumaru
1867th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Weekly classic fighting game thread II" , posted Sun 30 Apr 17:27:post reply

quote:
Previous post from Toxico

Best fight of the week-end at the ARMS invitational tournament of Chōkaigi.

Même Narumi est épatée !

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Mon 1 May 05:04]

nobinobita
1803th Post

"Re(3):Weekly classic fighting game thread II" , posted Thu 4 May 05:08post reply

Man this is sad.

Apparently legendary 3S player, Kuroda, is going through severe depression and wishes he'd never even picked up video games. A bunch of his fans are trying to think of ways to cheer him up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6921av/operation_saving_kuroda/

I'm neither Japanese nor a professional e-sports player (athlete??), but I think when strangers on the internet start plotting ways to bring you out of your funk, that's gotta count for something!

www.art-eater.com
sibarraz
638th Post

PSN: DefensorVirtuoso
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Weekly classic fighting game thread II" , posted Thu 4 May 21:11post reply

Having a low self steem is pretty terrible, I have to endure with that myself, so I can understand his pain.

It seems like kuroda had a terrible childhood, his father was missing and his mother treated him terrible.

Also, I could see why dedicating some of his best years to play videogames competitivly could be demoralizing on your later years, specially when those games don't have big monetary rewards like other e-sports games, also, if you lack some social skills, it is really an uphill battle

I hope that at least the internet support could help him a bit, and that his closer friends could support him through this hard times

chazumaru
1873th Post

"JEAN vs RYOKO" , posted Sun 7 May 19:16post reply

WHAAAT there was a 9v9 team battle between FRANCE and JAPAN on Fighter's History Dynamite @Mikado this afternoon!? I feel bad for missing this live.

Même Narumi est épatée !

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):JEAN vs RYOKO" , posted Sun 7 May 22:19post reply

quote:
WHAAAT there was a 9v9 team battle between FRANCE and JAPAN on Fighter's History Dynamite @Mikado this afternoon!? I feel bad for missing this live.

I have no idea how this happened but I'm so glad it did.

Professor
5147th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Weekly classic fighting game thread II" , posted Mon 8 May 02:25post reply

quote:
Man this is sad.

Apparently legendary 3S player, Kuroda, is going through severe depression and wishes he'd never even picked up video games. A bunch of his fans are trying to think of ways to cheer him up.

Kuroda actually received professional help on his depression and even got support from one of his friends by making money while having his situation covered on Weekly Playboy magazine online. Unfortunately I don't think support from overseas fans will help him because it has quite a bit to do with his financial situation; he comes from a broken family and his alcoholic mother has a pathological money spending issue, so whatever he makes disappears really quickly through paying back her debts. He's not in good physical shape either because he doesn't spend money on himself. He needs to change his enviornment to alleviate some causes of his depression but he doesn't seem to be forwardgoing to taking those steps.

quote:

This is so surreal! Thanks for the link.

Micky Kusanagi
667th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
CFN: MickyKusanagi
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Weekly classic fighting game thread II" , posted Thu 11 May 03:21post reply

Kuroda, fighting.

About the FHD team tournament,

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I was taking a look at it and I almost constantly hear the two commentators overlapping, even when listening from one earphone only. Hmpf, this is what you get when you force certain microphone-equipped earphones bundled with phones on a device from a different manufacturer. I even taped the mic button because sound would be horrible otherwise xD

End of Spoiler

Ore no...kachi da!!