KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thread. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (12614 Views )

Toxico
5050th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thread." , posted Fri 21 May 02:21:post reply

Last edited : 13 / 07 : Updated technical references & SNK vids, I have been slacking off, har har har

Updated on : 07 : 00 PM USA TIME , 01 : 00 AM FRANCE TIME , 08 : 00 AM JAPAN TIME

The first thread, the thread started with very little confirmed info, so it's mostly chit chat. Near the end goes into kyokugen ryuu vs kyokushin talk, pretty cool. I'm always cool (?).

Previous thread, the first post has an index with vids and misc info.

Game main site jp version, has full cast & trailers.

Game main site, US version..... It hasn't opened yet.

SNK youtube channel. Has a bunch of short high def vids, and trailers for other games and stuffs.

.... Pics from the trailer, dengeki and gpara . Also Gamespot pics, they are just too many

================================================================
Nico nico parts (Last update on 04/7)

This footage is from the previous betas, so no full cast on it yet.

Nico nico part 35 Mature can use that skull shaped explosion. She didn't have that in XII.... I think.

Nico 36 - 1. This vid is also from a version with no full cast.

Nico 36 - 2. Yes, the actual nico vid was too long, and the uploader actually decided to split it.

Nico part 37

Nico part 38

Nico nico part 39 - 1

Nico nico part 39 - 2

Nico 40 - 1

Nico 40 - 2

Nico part 41

Nico nico 42

Nico 43 AoF 2 Ryo vs AoF 3 Ryo

Nico part 44

Famitsu 1

Famitsu 2

20 / 5 : Full cast Beta (HK) (Last update on 22/5)

New pen pen 01 Kula vs McSima. Maxima last a while.

New pen pen 02

New pen pen 03

New pen pen 04 K' looks cheap. Bare chested Maxima on round 1.

New pen pen 05 Kula wins some rounds.

New pen pen 06

New pen pen 07

New pen pen 08

New pen pen 09

New pen pen 10 , new cut scene, I don't get chinese at all ♥ specially with that front size.

New pen pen 11

New pen pen 12

New pen pen 13

New pen pen 14

New pen pen 15

New pen pen 16

New pen pen 17 , it seems that this one will be the last vid of the first day (20/5).

I changed the numbering just for the sake of it.

New pen pen 18

New pen pen 19

New pen pen 20 . Vice fwd + A, spotted.

New pen pen 21 . Ash has one of those charging moves from MI

New pen pen 22 . Liz team bgm seems to be bugged, they are (currently) using their XI bgm. It looks like HD cancels need no charge

New pen pen 23

New pen pen 24

New pen pen 25 . Dai Maoh / Ma Jr Andy is my favorite palette so far.

New pen pen 26 . I didn't realized that Mature's Neo Max is actually a giant snake dropping on top of the enemy.

New pen pen 27

New pen pen 28 . An acceptable Kensou. Sadly he doesn't last long.

New pen pen 29 . More 中国 拳法.

New pen pen 30

New pen pen 31 . Kula standing CD resembles her old +

New pen pen 32

New pen pen 33

New pen pen 34

New pen pen 35 - 1 . Maxima has leg thrusters now. ♥

New pen pen 35 - 2

New pen pen 36. Maxima Gets Yuri naked at 2 : 40

New pen pen 37 . There is a girl checking out the game. Shen's full charged Geki punch freezes the screen (like a DM)

New pen pen 38

New pen pen 39

New pen pen 40

New pen pen 41

New pen pen 42 . Raiden's cls is an overhead (the second hit).

New pen pen 43 . At 1 : 30 , Kyo slams Liz into the ground, and that causes someone to fall down from a three.

New pen pen 44 . Hwa Jai's Drink seems to be a DM (freezes screen, wastes a bar). More importantly, once he drinks, his Neutral stance changes to the pucking beer animation that he had in garou 1. I didn't think they would go so far. ♥♥♥♥♥ I already liked Hwa even before this change ♥♥♥♥♥ ホア・ジャイ 命

22/5 vid.... Some HD bar combo. I hope that I'm not the only one that end ups freaked out when someone adds to the characters the "san".

SNK Vids (Last update on 13/07)

Official PV of the game

Terry Neo Max

Andy Neo Max

Joe Neo Max

Terry max HD combo

Athena Neo Max

Kensou Neo Max

Chin Neo Max

K' doing arcade target actions

Training mode (sponsored by Rose ♪)

Arcadia Player's Guide part 1 (Staff interview)

Arcadia Player's Guide part 2 (Small tournament]

Arcadia Player's Guide part 3 (That tournament, but with commentary)

Ralf Neo Max

Clark Neo Max

Leona Neo Max

King neo max

King's Surprise Rose... This could be seen before, but her EX Dm is modeled after her AoF 2 desperation move.

Yuri's nuke

Mai's Kunoichi

Yagami Neo Max

Mature Neo Max

Vice Neo Max

Ryo Neo Max . That fruit cake blast at the end was totally uncalled for.

Takuma Neo Max . No comment at his modified Chesto scream at the end.

Robert Neo Max

Kim Neo Max

Hwa Jai Neo Max Keh--!! They censored Hwa laughing with his tongue at maximum length, pucking whatever he drank before..... According to the blog, that extra freebie part of the taunt is available to the drunken Hwa Jai.

Raiden Neo Max.... How the move was retweaked to resemble Neptune man's Bomber is quite funny

K' Neo Max

Maxima Neo Max

Kula Neo Max

Arcade opening sequence

BONUS : 3 Wallpapers uploaded

Technical References Vids, made by SNK (Last update on 13/07)

Technical Reference 1 (Ash)

Technical Reference 2 (Liz Team)

Technical Reference 3 - 1 Japan Team

Technical Reference 3 - 2 Japan Team

Technical Reference 4 Garou part 1

Technical Reference 4 Garou part 2

Technical Reference Chapter 5 China 1

Technical Reference Chapter 5 China 2 ... With his drink counter bonus, new DM & Ex stance moves Chin is looking quite good. I finally learned how his counter works

Technical Reference chapter 6 Ikari part 1

Technical Reference chapter 6 Ikari part 2

Technical Reference chapter 7 Onna part 1

Technical Reference chapter 7 Onna part 2

Technical Reference chapter 8 Yagami Team (Is only one vid)

Technical Reference chapter 9, Ryuuko part 1

Technical Reference chapter 9, Ryuuko part 2

Technical Reference Chapter 10, Kim team part 1

Technical Reference Chapter 10, Kim team part 2

Technical Reference Chapter 11, K''s team part 1

Technical Reference Chapter 11, K''s team part 2

- Special -

Tutorial "Aim for tougeki!" Video 1 This is, I think, going to be a series of 5 matches. Here is the first one (the best of 3) with Mitsuhiro Ichiki (I think) vs Cap

Tutorial "Aim for tougeki!" Video 2 Less talk and more killing than the first vid. Ichiki vs M'

Aim for Tougek vid 4 Ichiki vs Kyokugen Do

Aim for tougeki vid 4 It's Ganpi's turn....

Aim for Tougeki 5 Ichiki vs Shoki

Aim for Tougeki Extra Ichiki vs SNK work crew

Surprise! SNK Honk Kong uploaded some exclusive match footage on their official channel

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 21 as of 29/01/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 18 as of 02/07/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 14 Jul 08:06]

Replies:

Just a Person
1396th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 02:56post reply

Toxico, have you already read the Psycho Soldiers team story? If yes, what are your impressions about it?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Fersis
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 02:57post reply

K & Kula
K' EX DM Chain Drive
Kula & Maxima

Toxico
5014th Post

"Re(2):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 03:11:post reply

quote:

Toxico, have you already read the Psycho Soldiers team story? If yes, what are your impressions about it?

It's pretty generic about them training & deciding to enter the tournament. I'm not sure if Bao still is missing his powers (remember that he lost them to Kensou in '01).

Oh, Kula's ice effect actually look kinda nice... That perhaps has to do with the fact that they are the only effects that use some level of transparencies in the game. K' team looks much nicer & smoother in action that I was expecting it to be.

quote:
K & Kula
K' EX DM Chain Drive
Kula & Maxima

R·e·p·o·s·t·i·n·g ♥

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Last update : Chapter 16 as of 13/04/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 21 May 03:24]

Gojira
2620th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(1):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 06:12:post reply

It's weird; the animation for Kula and Maxima looks pretty choppy, but a lot closer to the original sprites that anyone else. I wonder if they made them by tracing over the originals instead of the 3D model approach?

K' on the other hand looks ridiculously good. And he puts his sunglasses back on before the chain drive, lol

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 21 May 06:13]

Toxico
5015th Post

"Re(2):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 06:37:post reply

quote:
It's weird; the animation for Kula and Maxima looks pretty choppy, but a lot closer to the original sprites that anyone else. I wonder if they made them by tracing over the originals instead of the 3D model approach?

Actually, I can say that "I know" those characters a lot graphics wise from the old games, and there are a lot of things in XIII that don't match (like the angle of the punches, the posture of the back and so). So no, they didn't trace back the old sprites. The issue is probably that the moves were pretty easy to reenact with the new methods, and as such making everything as it was is / was a piece of cake.

Also, if you think about it, if they indeed traced back the moves from the MVS era games, the characters wouldn't have special moves missing from their more richer incarnations, and that isn't the case. Also, I wouldn't judge how fluid the chars are from nothing but the proper high def quality gaming experience, for example even with these vids that are slightly blurry, I could already notice moves that look more fluid than in the neo geo days, but some others I couldn't measure that much difference except from hair movement and small details like those (that I couldn't even properly attest completely).

Lastly, consider this: KoF XII was designed to be a somewhat old school slow fighter, and the animation was pretty detailed & smooth even with the slow speed. Due to beta input SNK increased the speed of the game a few times, as to resemble more the previous games. Thanks to that fact, we have that most of the KoF XII cast is meant to look smoother in a game that is several times slower than KoF XII (& XIII). Most likely this new team was meant to look smooth at "this speed", and as such doesn't "completely" resemble the same rest of the cast as they have been tweaked in that regard.

As a final note, Kula is almost the same in animation taking that "no tracing" into consideration (angles, center of gravity, the way she poses to the camera, etc). K' is slightly changed in some moves AND the character that has "changed" the most animation wise is Maxima (he does the same things, but the angles of the arms are different, and the center of gravity is slightly changed. Likely these are all thanks to the new model, that isn't exactly the same as the old one in proportions). Lastly (and this time I mean it), the move that has the most choppiest animation that have been shown so far is shared by both, K' & Kula, and is the second shell / counter shell / (aditional attack) stand. The fact that these moves show up oftenly really adds to the "choppiness" feeling that the characters send off.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 21 May 10:15]

Just a Person
1397th Post

"Re(3):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 21:25post reply

quote:

It's pretty generic about them training & deciding to enter the tournament. I'm not sure if Bao still is missing his powers (remember that he lost them to Kensou in '01).

Didn't he recover his powers in '01? If I'm not mistaken, Kensou recovered his powers by supposingly absorbing Bao's, but then Bao says to himself that Kensou actually absorbed another power, and then Ron mentions he absorbed the Dragon Power (whatever it is).

Anyway, is Momoko mentioned at all in the story? Because even though characters like Momoko, Oswald and Malin aren't among my favorites, they should have their backgrounds more developed (so far, Malin is a mysterious spy who hates Yuri, Oswald is a mysterious assassin and Momoko is a cute yet mysterious - in the sense we know nothing about her - capoeira fighter).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Toxico
5016th Post

"Re(4):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 21:48:post reply

quote:

Didn't he recover his powers in '01? If I'm not mistaken, Kensou recovered his powers by supposingly absorbing Bao's, but then Bao says to himself that Kensou actually absorbed another power, and then Ron mentions he absorbed the Dragon Power (whatever it is).

I don't remember how detailed that is addressed in their ending in 01 (and I'm speaking of the jp release, I don't think doing "detailed word per word read between lines analysis to discover something of the storyline" to another version is worth it. Heck, is not worth it with any version ).

quote:

Anyway, is Momoko mentioned at all in the story?

She is there, and is feeling up Athena's legs, I think.

quote:

WHAT??? o_O

You shouldn't be surprised due to the comical notes on the story lines at this point.

Also, according to the Beta test comments so far clothes damage (like in KoF '94) are back.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 22 May 00:24]

Just a Person
1398th Post

"Re(5):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Fri 21 May 22:47post reply

quote:

She is there, and is feeling up Athena's legs, I think.

WHAT??? o_O

quote:
Also, according to the Beta test comments so far clothes damage (like in KoF '94) are back.

I read the comments... not good. With Yuri's current childish sprites, that's not just sexist (since I doubt any man in KoF will have clothes damage as well), but also pedophilic...

Professor
2651th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Sat 22 May 03:01post reply

quote:

Interesting-- that hasn't been done by SNK in 14 years since Super Tag Battle/Kizuna Encounter.

Mature expressions for arcade games got restricted by Jamma (Japan amusement machinery manufacturer's association) in the late 90's when the association reinforced its rules. That's why there's no more strip mahjong games in the market, and also the main reason behind Jingi Storm's utter failure.

I wouldn't be surprized if SNKP realized that Rumble Fish and Arcana Heart still had elements in it without tripping on Jamma's regulations.

Either that, or they're really putting in *all* their efforts to sell KOFXIII.

Ishmael
3799th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(6):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Sat 22 May 04:44post reply

quote:

SNKP gives the fans what they want!

quote:
Interesting-- that hasn't been done by SNK in 14 years since Super Tag Battle/Kizuna Encounter.

Mature expressions for arcade games got restricted by Jamma (Japan amusement machinery manufacturer's association) in the late 90's when the association reinforced its rules. That's why there's no more strip mahjong games in the market, and also the main reason behind Jingi Storm's utter failure.

I wouldn't be surprized if SNKP realized that Rumble Fish and Arcana Heart still had elements in it without tripping on Jamma's regulations.

Either that, or they're really putting in *all* their efforts to sell KOFXIII.
While I knew those two events happened around the same time, I had not realized that SNK was partially regulated into decency. Interesting, I learned something new today.

karasu99
361th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Silver Customer

"Re(7):KoF XIII, the 3rd revenge of Toxic thre" , posted Sat 22 May 06:56post reply

quote:
I had not realized that SNK was partially regulated into decency. Interesting, I learned something new today.

Agreed-- I had just assumed that it was resource-related (either artist/animator or hardware/software). Especially since early on it was a real seller for the first two Ryuuko no Ken games. It is interesting to think that there was a correlation with the disappearance of Strip Mahjong and the like.

Also, I was excited to see an indication of special win poses for NeoMAX finishers (check the blog translation QA above the Beta test info in the orochinagi link). Andy at least seesm to have one, hopefully others will as well? Or maybe this has already been mentioned.

Professor
2653th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Sat 22 May 23:19:post reply

I neglected on mentioning the latest issue of Gemaga magazine.

The cover is good, and it's also quite a read for anyone with interest in fighting games. This issue has a full 3-4 page mixed interview featuring producer Ono of Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom), producer Mori of Blazblue (Ark system works), and director Takaya of Arcana Heart (Examu). It's pretty long so I don't know if anyone would be willing to take the effort to translate the full thing, but for anyone who has some level of understanding in Japanese, it's a good read.

The reason why this subject is being posted on the KOFXIII thread is, the feature also includes KOFXII/XIII producer Kukino. He wasn't in the mixed interview, but he answered to pretty much the same questions given to the other three developers.

One of the questions that was asked to the development leaders of the four different companies was their stances on online play.

The answers were very interestingly split up. Ono and Mori, both working at home-console-based publishers, expressed their commitment towards making a good online play. On the other hand, Takaya and Kukino, both of whom are working at publishers more focused towards the arcade market, expressed that the inclusion of an online play is, more or less, a vice of necessity in the modern era.

This does bring the concern as to.. how well KOFXIII will play online when it gets released for the home console.

KOFXII was negatively criticized for its lag, but for anyone with experience-- how was the game after it was patched? I heard that it played way better after the patch, in which case I assume online play for XIII won't be too bad. Hopefully.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 23 May 00:49]

Evenor
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Sun 23 May 01:42post reply

quote:
I neglected on mentioning the latest issue of Gemaga magazine.

The cover is good, and it's also quite a read for anyone with interest in fighting games. This issue has a full 3-4 page mixed interview featuring producer Ono of Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom), producer Mori of Blazblue (Ark system works), and director Takaya of Arcana Heart (Examu). It's pretty long so I don't know if anyone would be willing to take the effort to translate the full thing, but for anyone who has some level of understanding in Japanese, it's a good read.

The reason why this subject is being posted on the KOFXIII thread is, the feature also includes KOFXII/XIII producer Kukino. He wasn't in the mixed interview, but he answered to pretty much the same questions given to the other three developers.

One of the questions that was asked to the development leaders of the four different companies was their stances on online play.

The answers were very interestingly split up. Ono and Mori, both working at home-console-based publishers, expressed their commitment towards making a good online play. On the other hand, Takaya and Kukino, both of whom are working at publishers more focused towards the arcade market, expressed that the inclusion of an online play is, more or less, a vice of necessity in the modern era.

This does bring the concern as to.. how well KOFXIII will play online when it gets released for the home console.

KOFXII was n

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

The fighting was much better but I feel the whole online matchmaking service was at fault. For example you couldn't kick anyone out of a room. So someone with a "red/bad" connection can just plop down and cause massive lag. I also remember the game actually didn't let people with "blue/best" connection play each other! The game would just freeze up.

I imagine the online play is dead on the PSN now but there were a good amount of masochists regularly playing when the game came out.

drink from me and live forever

Ishmael
3802th Post

"Re(1):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Sun 23 May 06:29post reply

quote:

I don't know what all goes into setting up online capabilites, but I suspect finances play a large part in it. If Takaya and Kukino were working for companies with more resources I suspect they would be a bit more bullish about online play.

What most surprises me is that the Arcana Heart is still floating around. Those games must have their fans because that series has weathered some serious mistakes over the years.

Pollyanna
2920th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(2):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Sun 23 May 07:51post reply

I had a lot to say about clothes coming off (I wish Kensou would lose his pants) and the "new" sprites (they don't look Nona enough), but I'm a bit busy with work right now, so I'll just comment on this...

quote:

KOFXII was negatively criticized for its lag, but for anyone with experience-- how was the game after it was patched? I heard that it played way better after the patch, in which case I assume online play for XIII won't be too bad. Hopefully.

It was terrible. I usually don't get angry at video games and I expect a certain degree of lag in online fighters...but this was an instant rage machine. If I ever wanted to ruin my day, I would just play KOF XII online. I might have had 5 or 6 good matches, but the input lag was completely unbearable and completely stupid. So many moves that should've have been safe were nearly impossible to punish in 9 out of 10 matches. Better for the game to slow down and at least make the moves come out relative to when you pressed the button.

Aaaaand...everything Evenor said is also true.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Shin ATproof
1246th Post

"Re(1):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Mon 24 May 05:56post reply

quote:

Ono and Mori's response to online play really come as no surprise since both Street Fighter 4 and BlazBlue were designed with Console play in mind. Probably very early if not right at the beginning of the development cycle because outside of their own responses committed to online play, we can see things in the games like throw escape input windows being long because they are implemented as a compensation for lag. Quality online play was clearly a top priority.

The response from the people behind Arcana Heart and King of Fighters I feel is not much of a surprise either. I think seeing how Examu and SNKP handled AH2 and KoF12 is pretty clear they have more of a focus on Arcades than on Consoles and therefore their priorities when it comes to online play are much, much different from Capcom and ASW. Arcana Heart 2 first and foremost should have been released on the PS3 or 360 but the PS2 was apparently seen as a better choice because there are more PS2 users than either of the other systems. Bad idea. So if online play (never mind good online play) was ever considered, it was probably very low on the list of priorities.

Likewise with KoF12, it just feels like that game was rushed out ASAP to capitalize on a boom in the fighting game market, especially in the Console department. KoF12 just looked and felt like an incomplete product and the online play was abysmal since it too was put in haphazardly. The quality of the online experience was probably very low priority and the patch from my experienced only slightly improved something that was unplayable to begin with. Local city and state matchups were okay, although had visible inputlag. Anything else was terrible.

Perhaps seeing how well received SF4 and BB have been and reflecting on the mistakes by KoF12 and AH2 will make SNKP and Examu reconsider releasing titles with good online play. I'd like to think that longer development time between Arcade and Console version will do wonders from the online play for KoF13. Isn't this supposed to be "sink or swim" time for the franchise according to an interview by the producer earlier this year? I think "this game needs good online play" may be high on the list of priorities since that although is a "vice of necessity in the modern era" it also ultimately determines sales numbers because I think the consensus with most people interested in buying KoF12 is that they would have bought the game had the online play been decent...from what I've heard, SSSen has decent online play so maybe SNKP is committing to making an enjoyable online experience with KoF13...

Fact: Everything with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Sí mon con langosta y camarón!

Just a Person
1399th Post

"Re(3):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Mon 24 May 10:59post reply

quote:
I had a lot to say about clothes coming off (I wish Kensou would lose his pants) and the "new" sprites (they don't look Nona enough), but I'm a bit busy with work right now

I'm eagerly waiting for all you have to say about the subject, Polly, specially concerning the clothes ripping. It would be nice to know the point of view of a woman regarding this subject.

Loona
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Mon 24 May 18:27post reply

quote:
I imagine the online play is dead on the PSN now but there were a good amount of masochists regularly playing when the game came out.

I should have played more back then - only recently did I read on the KoF XII trophies for PSN and realized the online rank system depends on the amount of matches played more than matches won - to get all online-related trophies you need to play 1400 games and win 100 of those!

So it's no wonder somtimes I've found people online who seem to be using auto-fire commands to automatically select characters when challenged, which will do nothing but kick during all of the match making them sitting ducks - they're not winning, but that way they can build up rank for the sake of the trophies.

I'm not a great player or anything, so not getting a high rank through traditional methods wouldn't bother me much, but grinding through 1400 online matches when I don't even have 100 of them to my name...
I'll have to find a way to split my time between this and FFXI before KoFXIII comes out...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Professor
2655th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Mon 24 May 23:10:post reply

Wow, so the patch didn't really make things any better? That's a bit for a surprise and also quite a pity. Hopefully they'll make things better in XIII, especially given how different the game's speed is. If slow-action-XII was skewered that badly by lag, playing XIII on the same netcode would be like waiting for butter to melt in an Alaskan Blizzard..

Regarding special KOs; Personally, I have mixed opinions about only the AOF females having them in the KOF series. They could've evened things up by adding them to Ryo and the others as well. Bonus effects are fun in general, like the ring outs and corner breaks in RBFF and RBS.

That put aside, does anyone know where this random image is sourced from? I'm assuming it's an edited image that someone used for Cyberfanatix.

[edit] Not worksafe. It's from a post by Ignition USA BBS senior member 'Mr.Lip Buster'. I assume there's some form of terretorial tension between the two forums.

http://2ch-ita.net/upfiles/file2601.png

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 25 May 02:44]

karasu99
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Tue 25 May 02:55post reply

quote:
the "new" sprites (they don't look Nona enough)

I had been thinking this as well, but then again I am also a bit upset that we likely won't see Nona character art for the game, even though the sprites (in general, with some exceptions as you've said) are very Nona-looking.

As I have said before, Nona's art for 2001 and 2002 (and especially for SVC Chaos) is some of my favorite fighting game art of all time.

Pollyanna
2922th Post

"Re(4):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Tue 25 May 17:05post reply

quote:

I'm eagerly waiting for all you have to say about the subject, Polly, specially concerning the clothes ripping. It would be nice to know the point of view of a woman regarding this subject.

My opinion as a creepy guy pretending to be a woman is that it's harmless fun and another little detail to show that SNK cares. I definitely agree with the Professor though, in that it would be nice to have more of them, rather than just "an excuse to show some boobs." Then it would seem more like extra effort and less like pandering. (even so I appreciate the effort, as is).

What I do not appreciate are the obnoxious comments that come along with clothes-tearing in games. I got so sick of people online saying stuff like "Take it off, bitch" and "show me your tits" during armor breaks in Soul Calibur 4.

That reminds me of a time I playing Fighting Vipers years ago with my friend's older brother. I was using Honey/Candy and had lost all of her armor. He said "I've just about got you naked. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Proud, I guess...?" Hahaha...

On a final note, I don't fault SNK for capturing the realistic phenomenon of tops exploding into shreds upon defeat. One reason I don't compete in arcades very often is because any given loss can (suddenly and violently) cost me my shirt.

quote:
I had been thinking this as well, but then again I am also a bit upset that we likely won't see Nona character art for the game, even though the sprites (in general, with some exceptions as you've said) are very Nona-looking.

As I have said before, Nona's art for 2001 and 2002 (and especially for SVC Chaos) is some of my favorite fighting game art of all time.

The sprites are Nona-looking, the backgrounds are Nona-looking and the cinemas are Nona-looking. This is why I can't dislike KOFXII...it's like a living artbook. I can't think of many games (not made by VanillaWare, I guess) that achieve that. What I wouldn't give for a Guilty Gear that looks like Ishiwatari drew it!

I don't think Nona's illustrations are terribly popular (they are quite odd), and I'm sure he was stretched quite thin as-is, so I can't blame them for getting another artist to do the main illustrations. I'm glad SNK had the courage to do something so unique and stylized with the sprites and I hope they'll continue with it in the future. I hate to see K' and Kula look so (comparatively) boring, but it's better than not seeing them at all. I'm a Non-enthusiast, but I'm a "effective production with more characters" enthusiast as well.

K's team doesn't stick out too much, really. Beats something like Capcom vs SNK, where even across the NEW sprites there were WILD stylistic inconsistencies.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maese
588th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Tue 25 May 19:13post reply

quote:

On a final note, I don't fault SNK for capturing the realistic phenomenon of tops exploding into shreds upon defeat. One reason I don't compete in arcades very often is because any given loss can (suddenly and violently) cost me my shirt.

Mind = Blown

Loona
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Tue 25 May 20:41post reply

quote:

Regarding special KOs; Personally, I have mixed opinions about only the AOF females having them in the KOF series. They could've evened things up by adding them to Ryo and the others as well.

Something like this is why I'm not hardcore about keeping main series KoF in 2D - it'd be pretty cool if Ryo's gi top got shredded after some super and then he'd fight for the rest of the match looking closer to his FFWA/Mr Karate self, and only 3D would deliver this level of awesome.

Stifu
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Tue 25 May 21:50:post reply

quote:
Something like this is why I'm not hardcore about keeping main series KoF in 2D - it'd be pretty cool if Ryo's gi top got shredded after some super and then he'd fight for the rest of the match looking closer to his FFWA/Mr Karate self, and only 3D would deliver this level of awesome.

It can be done in 2D too... The last example that comes to mind is Rumble Fish. Yeah, I know they are multi-joint sprites in this case, which helps. It's most likely better to plan this feature from the start rather than trying to add it later as a second thought.

[this message was edited by Stifu on Tue 25 May 21:59]

Spoon
1958th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 02:10post reply

quote:

It can be done in 2D too... The last example that comes to mind is Rumble Fish. Yeah, I know they are multi-joint sprites in this case, which helps. It's most likely better to plan this feature from the start rather than trying to add it later as a second thought.

Having broken clothing that behaves like broken clothing and not just paint splotches is going to be a lot of work if the sprites with broken clothing are going to have their full moveset... it can roughly double (or more) the amount of the work that has to be done! OTOH, if it's just a KO touch, then it's not quite so bad. But yes, just like any big feature, planning for it from the start is a big help.

Speaking of clothes breaking being done in 2D... KARNOV'S REVENGE!!!

Now I'm getting nostalgic about AOF face damage.

Stifu
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 02:37post reply

quote:
Having broken clothing that behaves like broken clothing and not just paint splotches is going to be a lot of work if the sprites with broken clothing are going to have their full moveset... it can roughly double (or more) the amount of the work that has to be done!

It could be done as extra parts that are pasted over the original sprite. That'd let you combine them, too (like torn top + torn bottom). I guess AoF 2 does something like that.
But it'd still be a lot of work.

Spoon
1959th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(8):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 02:57post reply

quote:
Having broken clothing that behaves like broken clothing and not just paint splotches is going to be a lot of work if the sprites with broken clothing are going to have their full moveset... it can roughly double (or more) the amount of the work that has to be done!
It could be done as extra parts that are pasted over the original sprite. That'd let you combine them, too (like torn top + torn bottom). I guess AoF 2 does something like that.
But it'd still be a lot of work.

True. It does depend a lot on the extent of the damage areas; if they're gunning for breakage in just particular locations, it can be a lot more manageable. Ray in FHD/Karnov's Revenge being probably my favourite example: they just omit the lightning bolt on his chest!

Tai-Pan
464th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 03:09post reply

quote:

Now I'm getting nostalgic about most ooooold SNK games.....There was something really weird and special about them..

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Ishmael
3804th Post

"Re(7):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 03:20:post reply

quote:

I'm not. For me, the face damage made the game shift from being about the excitement of battle to being about the ugly consequences of violence. Crushing Yuri's face until it was swollen and bloody was not my idea of a good time.

It's the context in which these graphical flourishes are done that make or break them for me. Take the ripping clothes thing as an example. When it's done to show the weakening of a character's defenses or as a spectacular ending to a match that's fine. It probably helps that these conditions are being applied to the entire cast; you can't say a particular character is being singled out for humiliation when everybody is wearing exploding pants. But when the tearing blouses were included in the first KoF games it felt like a weird hold-over from a different game that didn't jibe with what this new series was trying to present.

With KoFXIII I guess the shredded outfits have been returned due to nostalgia. Time has a way of not only dulling the shock of something but making it an accepted convention. Does that mean that Yuri and King are no longer getting half-naked but are considered draped nudes? It's not exploitation, it's antiquity!

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Wed 26 May 03:23]

karasu99
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 03:32post reply

quote:
Now I'm getting nostalgic about most ooooold SNK games.....There was something really weird and special about them..

Agreed, and I think that is the best term for them as well. Back in the very early NeoGeo days SNK was working hard to do things a little differently from the then-mainstream of Capcom and Street Fighter II, and AOF (especially 2) was a real showcase for some of their ideas, with its zooming, its face damage, and its huge sprites. Those were some good times.

I will say, though, that I think making clothing damage female-only was (and is) clearly a pandering move. Although Mai's outfit would seem to preclude having her outfit take damage, most other characters could have 'breakaway' tops, but I doubt they will go in that direction.

On a related note, I think the Professor mentioned the breakaway barriers from the Real Bout series-- if I recall correctly, Blue Mary had a 'top malfunction' when she was knocked into the water, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Shin ATproof
1248th Post

"Re(9):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 04:06:post reply

quote:

I will say, though, that I think making clothing damage female-only was (and is) clearly a pandering move. Although Mai's outfit would seem to preclude having her outfit take damage, most other characters could have 'breakaway' tops, but I doubt they will go in that direction.

Well, the clothing damage for King IIRC actually served a purpose once upon a time. For King there were two ways to defeat her and one revealed her secret that she was a female disguising herself as a man in order to be a bouncer. This plot device made it so the player had leverage over her rather than simply beating the information out of her like every other enemy in AoF1 when looking for Yuri.

Yuri on the other hand in AoF2, yeah, I'd say her clothing damage served more as fanservice than the valid reasons for King.

I think the inclusion of the clothing damage in KoF94,95 and now 13 is more of a homage to AoF1&2 than it is just blatant fanservice though. Even with King and Yuri given slight breast jiggle it doesn't feel like King and Yuri's sexuality is made as obvious as Mai's. Mai stands out but you have to actually look a little more closely at King and Yuri.

It'd be in favor of something like RumbleFish in which every character got clothing damage...I miss that series...good god I loved TRF2.

quote:
On a related note, I think the Professor mentioned the breakaway barriers from the Real Bout series-- if I recall correctly, Blue Mary had a 'top malfunction' when she was knocked into the water, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

http://hardcoregaming101.net/fatalfury/fatalfury6.htm
Yes, Mary would emerge from the water with her top fully exposed. Not saying there wasn't blatant fanservice but I thought it was more of an attempt at humor than merely sexual pandering to fans since many of the ring outs were comical.

Honestly, Mary's shirt (if one is to call it that) in the earlier KoF games could have passed for a bikini top and having a wardrobe malfunction was rather amusing. Happened to one of my friends after she jumped in the pool and of course, everyone laughed.

[this message was edited by Shin ATproof on Wed 26 May 04:10]

Just a Person
1400th Post

"Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 05:09post reply

quote:

I think the inclusion of the clothing damage in KoF94,95 and now 13 is more of a homage to AoF1&2 than it is just blatant fanservice though.

In that case, shouldn't the same thing happen to Takuma, Robert and Ryo? The three of them were in AoF1&2 as well.

Shin ATproof
1248th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 05:29post reply

I do not recall Ryo, Robert or Takuma having their clothing torn. Were they? I do however remember bruised and cut faces. And yes, I believe that would be a pretty cool thing to see again. Although I believe that would require more work to draw than what has been done with King and Yuri since their torn clothes only appear during knockout rather than changing the sprite head in realtime.

Just a Person
1401th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 06:13post reply

quote:
I do not recall Ryo, Robert or Takuma having their clothing torn. Were they?

Yes, in AoF2 (minus Takuma, since he was already shirtless in that game) and AoF3.

In KoF'94 and '95, however, only Yuri and King could have their clothes torn, so I find it hard to say it was "for nostalgia factor" and not a clear fanservice.

shin atproof
1250th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 06:29:post reply

I never ruled out fanservice as a factor, just not the only factor for it is something that started in the first Art of Fighting which is one of the many old school SNK game references thrown into KoF12&13.

Now, would it be cool if the rest of the AoF characters or all characters had clothing damage? Yes, very. Is it necessary just so SNKP doesn't "offend" some gamers wanting fair equal treatment of fictional characters? No.

Interesting find on the AoF2 vid btw. Most people probably do not remember many features from AoF2 since the series was terrible and most probably stopped at AoF1.

[this message was edited by shin atproof on Wed 26 May 06:34]

Toxico
5016th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 06:50post reply

quote:
I do not recall Ryo, Robert or Takuma having their clothing torn. Were they?

Yes, in AoF2 (minus Takuma, since he was already shirtless in that game) and AoF3.

Exactly, in AoF 1 only King could be subjected to those "naked KOs" (he had 2, one where she covers herself, and other where she doesn't (because she is unconscious)). This wasn't restricted to 'just' her, every character had at least 2 KO animations (albeit, with no nudity), it would appear that adding weight to that feeling of defeat was an important value for the game, from a direction point of view.... Now AoF 2 went further into that regard, and added those "special KO" animations when the enemy was offed and they where mostly pretty crude or brutal, it was an expression of how tough the fight was.

But, the interesting part comes when we look at it in a more "generational" point of view. While the female martial artist concept was there since long, we can see in early martial arts productions that hitting a woman is a big no from a moral point of view (heck, I think Bruce lee never fought women in his movies). When it came to females, male characters usually try to finish the fight in the less violent manner possible (unless she was an old evil witch that deserved a good beating). Now within those "passive / comical" endings, we have that there are some male characters that actually tried to get the enemy naked to some level, so that they would cover themselves and cease their aggressive actions (I think that you can even see some of this in some mainstream works, like Bastard! or Hokuto no ken)....

.... So, from that perspective, I always though that getting Yuri & King naked in game was in the line of those two: a little something for the pervert in you, and a way to save them from a more bloody or brutal KO animation.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Pollyanna
2923th Post

"Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 07:58post reply

quote:

Well, the clothing damage for King IIRC actually served a purpose once upon a time. For King there were two ways to defeat her and one revealed her secret that she was a female disguising herself as a man in order to be a bouncer.

Good point. Also, I think it's sensible that players would like to see King's feminine side, outside of just wanting to see more boobs.

All of this reminds me of Yuri's "wardrobe malfunction" WIN animation, which I think I would rather see make a comeback. That showed skin and personality.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

karasu99
364th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Wed 26 May 08:27post reply

quote:
Most people probably do not remember many features from AoF2 since the series was terrible and most probably stopped at AoF1.

You, my friend, have made me shed a tiny little tear.

Tai-Pan
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Thu 27 May 00:49post reply

quote:
Most people probably do not remember many features from AoF2 since the series was terrible and most probably stopped at AoF1.

Noooo... AOF was incredible...it was like one of those B class action movies from the 80s..everything was special about it.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Hagen de Merak
1065th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(6):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Thu 27 May 01:36post reply

quote:

Noooo... AOF was incredible...it was like one of those B class action movies from the 80s..everything was special about it.

I second that.

Professor
2656th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Thu 27 May 03:28:post reply

quote:

Its cheezyness is what made the game shine. At least for 1P mode.
The dialogues in the English mode was utmost brilliant.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 27 May 03:55]

Freeter
4508th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Thu 27 May 03:58post reply

quote:
Its cheezyness is what made the game shine. At least for 1P mode.

Speaking of cheezy, are they still planning on releasing that live-action KOF movie?

Toxico
5017th Post

"More snk vids...." , posted Thu 27 May 16:23post reply

Athena combo.... Actually is not a combo.

Athena neo

Kensou neo

Chin neo

That means that the blog / site update is some hours away.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Loona
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Q: How was XII's online play?" , posted Thu 27 May 18:35post reply

quote:

Speaking of cheezy, are they still planning on releasing that live-action KOF movie?

No idea, but the official site's still dead, which mercifully hints at that.

Syo
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):More snk vids...." , posted Thu 27 May 20:46post reply

Site update:

Kyokugen-ryu Team Story : http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/index.html

System updated with the 2 ways of doing NeoMAX (Hyper Guage at 100% + 3 Super Guages or Hyper Mode activated + 3 Super Guages) : http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/system/index.html

Training Mode option in arcades : http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/game_mode/training_mode.html

Just a Person
1402th Post

"Re(2):More snk vids...." , posted Fri 28 May 03:10post reply

quote:
Site update:

Kyokugen-ryu Team Story : http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/index.html

Cool! What does it say?

Does it make any reference about Takuma being beaten in KoF 2003 and the identity of his aggressor?

Toxico
5019th Post

"Re(3):More snk vids...." , posted Fri 28 May 05:20:post reply

Arcadia magazine tutorial. Strippers

quote:

What does it say?

I'll check it out later

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 28 May 05:40]

Amakusa
846th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):More snk vids...." , posted Fri 28 May 06:27post reply

quote:
Arcadia magazine tutorial. Strippers

K' seems to be featured prominently on that poster.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Professor
2660th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):More snk vids...." , posted Fri 28 May 21:19:post reply

Adding on to Toxico's post, here's part 2 of the Arcadia magazine special: KOFXIII's Player Guide.
This time it's mostly gameplay amongst the top players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBTSvv5pnyA

Robert's combo at 13:25 is simple but nice.
Hopefully this isn't going to be the same nightmare as from KOFXI.
King is ripped at 11:45
Yuri at 15:05

Also, there's going to be beta tests this weekend at three locations in Japan, but they're all far from the central urban locations so it's probably not realistic to expect much videos if any at all.

[Edit] K' Team character colors

Welcome to Southtown.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 29 May 00:48]

shindekudasai
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):More snk vids...." , posted Sun 30 May 05:11post reply

Seems like K's black outfit removes his glassses (like Raiden's shirt or Yuri's leggings), or am I just seeing things? If so, I wonder how that affects the appearance of the Chain Drive DM.

kofoguz
857th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):More snk vids...." , posted Sun 30 May 07:32post reply

quote:
Seems like K's black outfit removes his glassses (like Raiden's shirt or Yuri's leggings), or am I just seeing things? If so, I wonder how that affects the appearance of the Chain Drive DM.

Also his brown hair color seems to have a different -shorter- haircut. Glasses might be changing into a white reflected one.

Professor
2662th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):More snk vids...." , posted Sun 30 May 16:29:post reply

I didn't realize it until today when skimming through the latest issue of Arcadia magazine; In KOFXIII, the position of "Art Dirctor" previously held by Nona has been replaced by another staff, Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi is one of the staffs that's been regularly commenting on the game in the official blog, so more avid KOF fans probably have noticed it already.

There's been unconfirmed reports since last fall that Nona had left SNKP after completion of the arcade version of XII. Judging from the current situation and how Nona looked extremely overworked and burnt out when he made a public appearance during XII's development, it may not come as much of a surprise if it turned out to be true.

Either way, whether he's still in SNKP or not, Nona is not the main artist working on XIII. According to Arcadia, which focused a full page on the new rendition of Mai, the sprite was created under Yamaguchi.

Amakusa: bigger version here at the show host's blog.

[edit] According to multiple reports from the current beta test, taunts have returned, done with the start button.

Reports from Twitter & etc:
Maxima: Crosses his arms and says something
King: Throws a rose
Clark: Does a fist-pump pose and says "Hey C'mon!"
Kensou: Does a choukyuudan, but a bun drops out instead of a projectile
Kyo: The usual taunt? "Anta ja moenee na"
Kim: Does four kicks, then glitters his teeth
It seems like some of the characters (Iori, Leona, etc) have slightly modified versions of their victory poses as their taunts. Hopefully this will be changed in the final release.

K' wearing shades in Dialogue Illustration

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The white Ash's name is Saiki/Psyche (By pronounciation. Exact English spelling unknown.)

End of Spoiler

The home console versions for PS3 and X360 is scheduled for E3 2010, just two weeks from now.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 30 May 23:42]

Just a Person
1404th Post

"Re(9):More snk vids...." , posted Mon 31 May 04:59post reply

quote:

The white Ash's name is Saiki/Psyche (By pronounciation. Exact English spelling unknown.)

End of Spoiler

Wow, interesting... so does it mean that

White Ash isn't Ash

End of Spoiler

??

I'm very curious to find out what will happen in this last chapter of the Ash saga. Will he manage to steal Kyo's flames (and return them to him before the end of the game)? Will all the members of the "Those from the Distant Land" group be fightable in the game or most of them will die / be defeated / run away in the cutscenes? And what's up with the relationship between Ash and Elizabeth?

Lots of doubts besides those above; I hope SNKP can give a satisfactory answer for each of them...

Loona
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):More snk vids...." , posted Mon 31 May 17:44post reply

quote:
The home console versions for PS3 and X360 is scheduled for E3 2010, just two weeks from now.

Japan only, or internationally?

I may have to really focus on XII for this next couple of weeks to finish the online trophies, or I'll never get those finished - good thing I have some days off coming soon - nobody will touch it online once XIII becomes available.

Korigama
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Mon 31 May 19:53post reply

quote:

Japan only, or internationally?

If an announcement for a console version of XIII does actually happen at E3, it would suggest an international release (this wouldn't necessarily be the case if it were TGS instead).

Professor
2662th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Wed 2 Jun 23:47post reply

http://www.team-e.co.jp/products/kdsd-00379-00380.html
Soundtrack CD to be released in Japan on August 4. Two disk set, 3,360 yen.

So the game will apparently feature enough tracks to fill two CDs. That's interesting.

Toxico
5022th Post

"Vids for this week :" , posted Thu 3 Jun 15:03:post reply

K' doing arcade target actions

Training mode (sponsored by Rose ♪)

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Last update : Chapter 17 as of 02/06/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 3 Jun 15:30]

karasu99
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Thu 3 Jun 23:05post reply

quote:
So the game will apparently feature enough tracks to fill two CDs. That's interesting.

If this was any company but the SNKP of today, I would speculate that there are either (a) time release characters like in XI or (b) lots of boss character stages or (c) individualized endings. But I don't care to be disappointed by getting overexcited.

Toxico
5023th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Sat 5 Jun 07:32:post reply

arcadia part 3?

(watching it), ohh; it's the players seeing in replay the fights from part 2, while commenting on them a la sports review.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 5 Jun 07:38]

samberto
2th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Sat 5 Jun 16:51post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7HI_kYcdw&feature=related

check 3:16, is this the purple flame back?

a palette for iori that has the moon on his back BACK!

End of Spoiler

tenguman
275th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Thu 10 Jun 02:27post reply

quote:

Nah, it's just his EX move. You'll get purple flames only on Ash's NEOMAX.

(Also, five years since my last post here)

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Toxico
5030th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):More snk vids...." , posted Wed 16 Jun 06:32:post reply

quote:

-----

Nah, it's just his EX move. You'll get purple flames only on Ash's NEOMAX.

The easiest way to check that those aren't flames, is to see that the enemy has not been burned by them.

Loke 1

Loke 2

Part 40

Nearly 50 mins of badly recorded & perhaps also played footage. Sound quality is decent though, if you are interesting in that kind of thing. You can also see some stuff tested here & there that you wouldn't see otherwise (Like Yuri comboing her DM after weak attacks).

Some of the footage comes from an old Taiwanese beta (not the Pen pen vids, though).

I'll search for a tube version later. My beauty bath awaits (?)

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 16 Jun 06:39]

Gojira
2631th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Random KoFXIII tie-in" , posted Thu 17 Jun 05:19:post reply

So with all the loud noises and flagrant motions of E3 gallivanting in front of our faces this little tidbit kind of went unnoticed:

KofXIII x Lucent Heart = sure why not

The gist:
quote:
The collaboration will see characters from KOFXIII appear as avatars in Lucent Heart. Players of the MMORPG will be able to select from Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, Yuri Sakazaki and Leona Heidern.

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 17 Jun 05:19]

Toxico
5032th Post

"Re(1):Random KoFXIII tie-in" , posted Fri 18 Jun 17:33:post reply

King neo max

King's Surprise Rose... This could be seen before, but her EX Dm is modeled after her AoF 2 desperation move.

Yuri's nuke

Mai

Oh, so they skipped the "order" again, and now the story update covered K''s team, which basically is:

They tell you that the team is marked as "wanted" by "normal authorities" (Only Heidern's "office" thinks of them as possible work force).
The team usually has bratty arguments over leaving the fridge door open or not, drinking "specially cooled" drinks or normal temperature ones, and "where is that candy that I was saving".
Lastly, they are bossed around by Diana.

quote:

Please tell me that the next week update will feature the Kim team! I been dying to see his neomax in legitimate quality.

The next blog entry (blog = vid) it's for Yagami.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 19 Jun 18:20]

Chillypepper
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Random KoFXIII tie-in" , posted Fri 18 Jun 20:29post reply

quote:
King neo max

Yuri's nuke

Mai

Oh, so they skipped the "order" again, and now the story update covered K''s team, which basically is:

They tell you that the them is marked as "wanted" by "normal authorities" (Only Heidern's "office" thinks of them as possible work force).
The team usually has bratty arguments over leaving the fridge door open or not, drinking "specially cooled" drinks or normal temperature ones, and "where is that candy that I was saving".
Lastly, they are bossed around by Diana.

Please tell me that the next week update will feature the Kim team! I been dying to see his neomax in legitimate quality.

Everyone's Neomax is looking epic by the way- I am digging the new filter for the sprites- and it looks like they might have actually improved it over the last couple months. It could also just be my eyes playing tricks on me. But wow- the graphics seem to retain the original colors, not too blurry, and not pixelated either. Its looking like the game will be major 2d eye candy.

Professor
2672th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Random KoFXIII tie-in" , posted Sun 20 Jun 09:30post reply

quote:

Everyone's Neomax is looking epic by the way- I am digging the new filter for the sprites- and it looks like they might have actually improved it over the last couple months. It could also just be my eyes playing tricks on me. But wow- the graphics seem to retain the original colors, not too blurry, and not pixelated either. Its looking like the game will be major 2d eye candy.

Unfortunately it's team Yagami on the next update. But.. the game is slated for release in mid-July, so it won't be long before arcades pick it up or import it. Still, it's a bit unfortunate that SNKP seems to have stopped doing beta testings shortly after preorders closed.

Professor
2675th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Arc release: July 14" , posted Wed 23 Jun 02:27:post reply

As announced in most general game news sites, KOFXIII's official arcade release date for Japan has been set for July 14.

So 3 weeks to go, and the Ash chapter will be making its grand finale.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 23 Jun 02:32]

mbisonhatclub
172th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Arc release: July 14" , posted Wed 23 Jun 08:02post reply

quote:
As announced in most general game news sites, KOFXIII's official arcade release date for Japan has been set for July 14.

So 3 weeks to go, and the Ash chapter will be making its grand finale.

I'm more anxious to hear of the console release dates, naturally

I don't wanna guess that they're going to include additional characters in the console port a la KOFXII with Lizbian and WelcomeMat, but I'm THINKING it! I will be purchasing this either way once it reach the shelves, though I kind of wonder if the bad sales last time might make it less prospective a release stateside.

It seems KOFXIII is receiving favorable views thusfar especially compared to KOFXII, so I do have high hopes for it, now since I have actually had a more thorough review of even its incomplete versions--I admit I kinda skimped on checking out KOFXII videos before its release.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Professor
2676th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 20:15:post reply

KOFXIII site update: The team storylines were completed with last week's update, so nothing new there. The blog features details on team Yagami and we finally get to see Iori's NM. The developers say that they've tried to make it look like Iori's ending from KOF96 (where he slashes his poor secretaries). Next week is team AOF.

Also, SNKP has launched a countdown site for KOFXIII. The site will feature a technical reference video every day, starting tomorrow.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 24 Jun 20:15]

Toxico
5033th Post

"Re(1):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 21:47:post reply

quote:
a countdown site for KOFXIII. The site will feature a technical reference video every day, starting tomorrow.

You could tell from the Iori Yagami Vid, Saiki is going to be playable, it seems.

EDIT : Oh, they swapped the vid, the first one is here.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 24 Jun 21:52]

Just a Person
1416th Post

"Re(2):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 22:01post reply

quote:
You could tell from the Iori Yagami Vid, Saiki is going to be playable, it seems.

Who is Saiki?

Nekros
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 22:42:post reply

quote:

Who is Saiki?

The dark enbodiment of Ash

[this message was edited by Nekros on Thu 24 Jun 22:42]

Just a Person
1417th Post

"Re(4):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 23:24post reply

quote:

Who is Saiki?

Thanks! But wasn't he/she supposed to be the final boss or something like that? He/she shouldn't be selectable...

Nekros
274th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 23:38post reply

quote:

Who is Saiki?

Thanks! But wasn't he/she supposed to be the final boss or something like that? He/she shouldn't be selectable...

Maybe the real boss is someone else ^_-

Toxico
5033th Post

"Re(5):Countdown site." , posted Thu 24 Jun 23:47post reply

quote:

Who is Saiki?

Well, if we look at the xbald dumped data, there is "a dark ash" character and a "boss" character. That would imply to some point that Saiki is not going to be DA boss, but rather he is, by the look of it, to be a mid boss of sorts like Heidi in XI or Saishu in 95'. If they play the cards right, he is probably isn't gonna be a total cheese cake (Saishu was even weaker than Kyo in 95', har har.... Omega (R) Heidi Senior was a whole new problem that shouldn't be spoken of as it now).

Oh, they did state at some point that balance was a focus of development, and part of the KOFism style that they are aiming to capture in the game, so that should be some type of positive light to the fact that the character is possible going to be selectable. (Then again, there are already some characters that look too good to be true in the default cast).

Then again, they could have wrongly used an "all options enabled" version of the game while recording that video, and as such that wouldn't necessarily tell you something on what's the final build is like.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Toxico
5037th Post

"Re(6):Countdown site. chapter 3 added" , posted Fri 25 Jun 18:59:post reply

Chapter 1 is here , pretty long vid for a single character. It shows move properties and stuffs to do.

Chapter 2 is here

Chapter 3 has two parts; here and here

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 29 Jun 18:35]

Loona
324th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Countdown site." , posted Sat 26 Jun 03:25post reply

quote:

Weren't there hints at a multi-boss situation like in 97, with alternate Ash being the first of those?
In 97 the 1st bosses, O. Iori and O. Leona, were too strong to even need teammates, but the Orochi New Face Team was comparatively more balanced - all were selectable for regular play via code. I figure this game will be handled wisely enough to follow 97's story mode boss steps, but avoid its playable boss character problems...

Just a Person
1418th Post

"Re(6):Countdown site." , posted Sat 26 Jun 04:34post reply

quote:

Weren't there hints at a multi-boss situation like in 97, with alternate Ash being the first of those?
In 97 the 1st bosses, O. Iori and O. Leona, were too strong to even need teammates, but the Orochi New Face Team was comparatively more balanced - all were selectable for regular play via code. I figure this game will be handled wisely enough to follow 97's story mode boss steps, but avoid its playable boss character problems...

That would be nice. Then, the two kids who appear in the Ikari Team in KOF XI could maybe be sub-bosses as well, right? And Mukai is still alive as well... and there's Adel (assuming the manipulated Rose didn't kill him shortly before the game).

I wonder how SNKP will manage to finish this story arc, though; there are still a lot of loose threads... we still don't know anything about Ash's motivation, most of the villains are still up (listing again, Mukai, the two kids, the puppeteer woman; Shion is alive - although in a different realm -, and there may be a leader to all these people), I don't think the subplot involving Lin and Duo Lon's clan and Kensou's dragon power will be resolved for now...

But I do hope that it can have a satisfying resolution, unlike the loose threads from the NESTS arc that still got no resolution (the Kensou/Hizoku plot, the fate of the surviving villains) and seemed kinda rushed in the end.

Toxico
5041th Post

"Famitsu...." , posted Wed 30 Jun 17:33:post reply

For better or worse, Famitsu has added some "clean" quality vids on their site here. Of course is beyond "video cam" quality.

EDIT :

Technical Reference 4 Garou part 1

Technical Reference 4 Garou part 2

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 30 Jun 18:45]

Professor
2677th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Arcadia update" , posted Wed 30 Jun 17:54post reply

The latest issue of Arcadia magazine doesn't really reveal anything new- it's mostly about first impressions of the characters, like how Terry's weak Crackshoot is hard to punish and and can't be blocked low on EX, Ryo's NeoMax has long invincibility, Mai has issues in anti-air, etcetc.

Taunts are confirmed by the magazine, and it points out that Yuri has three minor variations.

A guidebook is coming out in August.

The magazine seemed to spend more pages on the Hatsune Miku Arcade game.

Toxico
5041th Post

"Re(1):Arcadia update" , posted Thu 1 Jul 21:43post reply

In the afternoon (well, in my time zone anyway All of SNK sites had a "minor" 6 ~ 8 hours downtime, but it probably means nothing. After that I had a "minor"6 ~ 8 hours down time for reasons that I can not yet explan

In any event, here are the updates :

SNK has added a downloadable pdf format command list to the site.

According to the blog, Ryo's Neo max will leave a dust trail if it misses (it's only the eye effect, but it's cool, since it implies that "vs candles" perfected punch.

Ryo Neo Max . That fruit cake blast at the end was totally uncalled for.

Takuma Neo Max . No comment at his modified Chesto scream at the end.

Robert Neo Max

Technical Reference Chapter 5 China 1

Technical Reference Chapter 5 China 2 ... With his drink counter bonus, new DM & Ex stance moves Chin is looking quite good. I finally learned how his counter works.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Ishmael
3829th Post

"Re(2):Arcadia update" , posted Thu 1 Jul 22:46post reply

quote:

Robert Neo Max

Did Robert teleport into the air partway through that combo? I know people love to string together all sorts of junk into one endless attack but the shift in animation can be jarring. At least the combos that cause Andy to repeatedly stand on his head are good for a cheap laugh.

Professor
2683th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Rose says there's only 13 days left" , posted Thu 1 Jul 23:11:post reply

I think most people are skipping the official countdown site and looking at the videos directly off Youtube, but there's a daily character comment on the page which started off today with Rose. [edit] Now it's updated to Ikari team.

Ishmael- He jumps back at a speed beyond youtube's framerate

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 2 Jul 00:30]

kofoguz
860th Post

"Re(1):Rose says there's only 13 days left" , posted Sat 3 Jul 01:13post reply

quote:
I think most people are skipping the official countdown site and looking at the videos directly off Youtube, but there's a daily character comment on the page which started off today with Rose. [edit] Now it's updated to Ikari team.

Now Team Japan says something.

Toxico
5043th Post

"Blog update & Countdown update" , posted Mon 5 Jul 12:22:post reply

Took me for surprise, since it's... not Thursday.

Current blog entry. The next one will be K''s team.

Kim

Raiden.... How the move was retweaked to resemble Neptune's man Bomber is quite funny

Hwa Jai Keh--!! They censored Hwa laughing with his tongue at maximum length, pucking whatever he drank before..... According to the blog, that extra freebie part of the taunt is available to the drunken Hwa Jai .

The technical chapter has not been uploaded today (today they are supposed to upload two vids, one of the chapter and another one). It might be available until some more hours pass by, but I don't think I'll be awake to check it.

EDIT : Arcadia Magazine Scans . zip source -> gamefaqs.

countdown site updated

Tutorial "Aim for tougeki!" Video This, I think, is going to be a series of 5 matches. Here is the first one (the best of 3) with Mitsuhiro Ichiki (I think) vs Cap

Technical Reference chapter 7 Onna part 1

Technical Reference chapter 7 Onna part 2

Oh, btw, I didn't posted anywhere chapter 6 (I doubt anyone is following my posts, so that's good in any event

Technical Reference chapter 6 Ikari part 1

Technical Reference chapter 6 Ikari part 2

EDIT (again) :

According to the blog, Hwa Jai's drink is an extra saucy energy drink completely free of alcoholic or "normal cola" ingredients.... I remember someone was questioning that one over here.

Aim for tougeki vid 2

Technical Reference chapter 8 Yagami Team

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 6 Jul 23:27]

Ishmael
3832th Post

"Re(1):Blog update & Countdown update" , posted Wed 7 Jul 01:44post reply

quote:
Raiden.... How the move was retweaked to resemble Neptune's man Bomber is quite funny

Hmm, well, they can't all be winners.

quote:
Oh, btw, I didn't posted anywhere chapter 6 (I doubt anyone is following my posts, so that's good in any event

I suspect the lack of replies is because most of us are still trying to figure out what the deal is with Kobayashi getting arrested at this year's Hot Dog eating contest.

Now that I think about it, this could be the first KoF in a long, long time in which I will be able to play against other people. Finding people who know what KoF is -much less who want to play it- is a difficult trick in my part of the world. But thanks to on-line play I might soon have actual, live competition. Then again, this is assuming that there is a home port and that the net-code works. At this point I may be far too optimistic about what this game may eventually deliver.

karasu99
385th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Blog update & Countdown update" , posted Wed 7 Jul 06:08post reply

quote:

Actually, I view and read nearly everything you post about kofxiii-- which accounts for my low productivity, I suspect.

Toxico
5044th Post

"The Countdown is nearly over...." , posted Wed 7 Jul 23:47:post reply

While there are still a week of time to finish the countdown that marks the launch of the game, we only have 2 days left of Technical References & Aim for Tougeki vids. And in Thursday we have the final team blog update... I wonder if they are going to add an extra promo or something on those few days left without vids (less, they leave us to starve until the game is released).

SNK online web marketing for the game has been quite marvelous, almost flawless (much better than the one for KoF 2002UM, which was good but ran out material more than a month prior to the release)... The only other game where they advertising has been quite this good is.... SvC Chaos, but I rather not think in that thing if possible

Technical Reference chapter 9, Ryuuko part 1

Technical Reference chapter 9, Ryuuko part 2 Takuma is looking just to dangerous with is ability to pick up the enemy from anywhere with his EX Zanretsuken, and then reset the combo with a Drive Cancel

Coincidentally, the Aim for Tougeki vid 3 has Ichiki vs Kyokugen Do ho ho ho ho ho ho

Oh, also; if you have been following development you'll realize that there is still an unknown unaddressed factor in KoF XIII: in the dumped data of XII we had 5 "not a team" characters, One was Ash, the other one was Saiki (dark ash), another one was named "boss" (those three are likely to be in XIII), but we also had Iori '98 and Billy... I wonder if those characters have been dropped due to time constraints, or they are keeping them under the sleeve, like they did with Hayate & Gai in XI.

EDIT : Surprise! SNK Honk Kong uploaded some exclusive match footage on their official channel (I would have never seen this one coming). The video quality is nothing but present on these vids, on the other hand at least in the gameplay side of things, they are interesting.

Credits -> Orochinagi

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 8 Jul 07:05]

badoor
139th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Regular Customer

"Re(1):The Countdown is nearly over...." , posted Thu 8 Jul 12:00post reply

quote:

SNK online web marketing for the game has been quite marvelous, almost flawless (much better than the one for KoF 2002UM, which was good but ran out material more than a month prior to the release)... The only other game where they advertising has been quite this good is.... SvC Chaos, but I rather not think in that thing if possible

I remember NGBC having a pretty good marketing too. Every now and then SNK would release a video showing combos and such for several characters. The opposite was true for KOF XI with a straight announcement merely weeks after NGBC, a single loketest, and a quick release. Actually the same thing happened with SVC:Chaos and KOF2003 iirc.

Anyway, some Console port news and speculation. Play-Asia posted this:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dh-49-en-70-3w1q.html
Seems that Ignition is back again as publisher. I wonder. Will they bail out again like they did with SS Sen (not that Sen was a good game not worth bailing out of)? Is SNK Engrish crucial to the authentic SNK experience? Is there even a lick of difference about who publishes? do we care?

Source:Cyberfanatix

mbisonhatclub
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):The Countdown is nearly over...." , posted Thu 8 Jul 14:08post reply

quote:
Seems that Ignition is back again as publisher. I wonder. Will they bail out
Please do bail out, please give this to someone more reliable

Professor
2684th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):The Countdown is nearly over...." , posted Thu 8 Jul 20:30:post reply

Humm, the countdown videos only go down to this Friday. I'm wondering whether SNKP is competent enough to do something for the last 2 business days until the game's launch. It'd be awful if they just kept silent.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 8 Jul 20:30]

Toxico
5045th Post

"Big update again...." , posted Fri 9 Jul 00:07:post reply

K' Neo Max

McSíma Neo Max

Kula Neo Max

As expected, they are all poorly animated, but still look ok if you are willing to over look that.

Technical Reference Chapter 10, Kim team part 1

Technical Reference Chapter 10, Kim team part 2 No drunken stance in 720p made me a sad monkey.

Aim for tougeki vid 4 It's Ganpi's turn.... The short length of the vid suggests that some one got his ass handed down to him...
An Athena of that speed, that can super cancel her whiffed ball with her DM is ought to be an annoyance to catch off guard... At least she is not as cheap & dull as she was in 02'. Elizabeth kept her ability to pick up enemies with her DM from XI, and kept her ability of canceling her whiffed atemis with any special move other than that very same atemi + all the new gung hos she won in XIII.... She is just too good.

3 Wallpapers uploaded They are better than the ones they did for XII. Too bad they don't "naturally" fit 1080p

Oh, and Hwa Jai's team count down intro is the only one I have liked so far.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 9 Jul 00:45]

Toxico
5045th Post

"Slight surprise...." , posted Sat 10 Jul 01:14post reply

SNK countdown site revealed that they yet another video for upload (supposedly, today's vids where the last ones)

Technical Reference Chapter 11, K''s team part 1

Technical Reference Chapter 11, K''s team part 2

Aim for Tougeki 5

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Pollyanna
2948th Post

"Re(1):Slight surprise...." , posted Sat 10 Jul 12:24post reply

I like what they did with Maxima. I wish Kula and K' had been changed (visually) at least that much. The glowing on his legs and arms (especially with the EX super armor) is a cool effect and matches the Neo Max very well. It gives an impression that he has this crazy power surging through him. Similarly, the escaping steam on the vapor cannons looks nice. It adds a sense of drama to the punches as well as making him feel more "robotic". I never really got that impression with his old sprite.

The two-hand vapor cannon super looks lame, but the EX one totally makes up for it.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Toxico
5049th Post

"Re(2):Slight surprise...." , posted Mon 12 Jul 18:16:post reply

Gamespot has uploaded more pics than what I care to browse through, including some of the yet to be seen story mode (pics that -of course- don't reveal anything).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 12 Jul 20:31]

Professor
2684th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Slight surprise...." , posted Tue 13 Jul 00:30post reply

quote:
Gamespot has uploaded more pics than what I care to browse through, including some of the yet to be seen story mode (pics that -of course- don't reveal anything).

Saiki in the countdown! Didn't see that coming.
Come to think, why isn't SNKP releasing KOFXIII on the 13th rather than 14th?
Then again, it's SNKP.

Toxico
5050th Post

"Re(4):Slight surprise...." , posted Tue 13 Jul 20:03:post reply

quote:

Saiki in the countdown! Didn't see that coming.
Come to think, why isn't SNKP releasing KOFXIII on the 13th rather than 14th?
Then again, it's SNKP.

ほう··· But the game is out in the 14th, not the 13th

遅い As usual the video was not released at the appointed time, hence less hours for me to sleep in before tomorrow . The video is Ichiki vs the staff, aka we made the game so that you will lose to us ♥♥ I suppose that the company employee that gave out a win has already had his contract terminated let's hope that it wasn't Ogura

EDIT : I would like a SNK brand carpet as well

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 13 Jul 20:28]

Professor
2686th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Slight surprise...." , posted Wed 14 Jul 00:31post reply

Countdown site is updated with the game's new opening. Video loads slooow because it's on SNKP's server. Ash actually looks like a hero.

mbisonhatclub
176th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Slight surprise...." , posted Wed 14 Jul 01:43post reply

quote:
Countdown site is updated with the game's new opening. Video loads slooow because it's on SNKP's server. Ash actually looks like a hero.

And now it's on youtube for all to enjoy

kofoguz
862th Post

"Re(7):Slight surprise...." , posted Wed 14 Jul 02:58:post reply

quote:
And now it's on youtube for all to enjoy

Except me! My country and youtube still didnt kiss and make up. Im going to try it on countdown site.

EDIT: I love the beginning of the intro.

And Ash watching the tournament behind the giant screen in the stadium stage was epic. So I guess we're going to see ruined stadium. I love the references this game is giving.

Also interesting pairs at the beginning Iori vs Kyo, Terry vs Kim, and Kensou vs K'. Not the usual pairings. Also remember K's team story of 2003 he was visited by Chin for help.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Wed 14 Jul 03:41]

Toxico
5050th Post

"Re(6):Slight surprise...." , posted Wed 14 Jul 12:45post reply

Tche, I would have been quite nice if some of the french folks would have kindly reminded us commoners that KoF XIII release day is in fact also Bastille day... Can we say that Ash won yet? Let us all be sans cullotes for once.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Professor
2689th Post

MMCafe Owner

"KOFXIII is out, Quick notes from first play." , posted Wed 14 Jul 15:00:post reply

Game is Out- Move to next Thread!
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13173.shtml

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 14 Jul 15:08]