user profileedit/delete message
PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Tue 20 Apr 21:50post reply

Haven't heard from you since Feb. Is your phone busted?

Replies:
Professor
5856th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Tue 20 Apr 23:36post reply

quote:
Haven't heard from you since Feb. Is your phone busted?

Sorry I hurt my hand so haven't been online much, very fatigued. will catch up with you soon!

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(2):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Wed 21 Apr 10:11post reply

Prof and I earlier talked about the irony of a veteran fighting gamer not being able to use one hand, and I'm afraid that the Wiimote just isn't going to cut it for fighting games.

Here's hoping your hand emerges stronger soon, Prof, like at least a Tekken iron fist or a Godhand level!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
Red Falcon
6299th Post

"Re(1):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Tue 15 Jun 21:42post reply

Well, it's been a while, and you still don't check LINE... how's your hand doing?

Professor
5857th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Wed 16 Jun 18:43post reply

quote:
Well, it's been a while, and you still don't check LINE... how's your hand doing?

Rehabbing! Sorry will take a bit longer before I can do daily life stuff.

KTallguy
1580th Post

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Fri 18 Jun 13:02post reply

quote:
Rehabbing! Sorry will take a bit longer before I can do daily life stuff.

お大事に! Hope you get well soon!

"Re(4):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Tue 22 Jun 01:54post reply

Likewise, hope you feel better soon, Prof! As per my surely-unreadable-with-an-injured-hand Line message let us know if there's anyway we can help out in the meantime!

Professor
5858th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Thu 24 Jun 16:19post reply

quote:
Likewise, hope you feel better soon, Prof! As per my surely-unreadable-with-an-injured-hand Line message let us know if there's anyway we can help out in the meantime!

Thanks and sorry to everyone about Line! Rest is all I need for now, I'll try and get back when I'm recovered!

Red Falcon
6307th Post

"Re(6):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Mon 26 Jul 18:22post reply

quote:

Thanks and sorry to everyone about Line! Rest is all I need for now, I'll try and get back when I'm recovered!

How's your recovery going?

Professor
5859th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Sat 31 Jul 20:48post reply

quote:

How's your recovery going?

...not exactly too well, I re-injured same location

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(8):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Sat 31 Jul 22:09post reply

quote:

...not exactly too well, I re-injured same location

Oh no, that's awful...
Take care! I hope you have a good doctor looking after you.

In other news, the forum will sooner or later need to be renamed "Mad Man's retirement home". My arthritis is getting worse, and, ach, my eyesight is not what it used to be.

Mosquiton
2490th Post

"Madman's Senior Living Co-Op" , posted Sun 1 Aug 01:25:post reply

quote:

In other news, the forum will sooner or later need to be renamed "Mad Man's retirement home". My arthritis is getting worse, and, ach, my eyesight is not what it used to be.

I am proud to report that I did not need to put on my reading glasses to view this post (though I do have them close by, just in case). I am certainly doing my part to drag the average age of a cafe-goer toward the "distinguished" end of the spectrum. I'm picturing something like MOTW's T.O.P. gauge.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to pool resources in the next 10-20 years to create a real-life MMCafe retirement center/co-op in an expat-friendly country (maybe Portugal or something), count me as "interested."

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Sun 1 Aug 01:47]

"Re(1):Madman's Senior Living Co-Op" , posted Sun 1 Aug 02:04post reply

quote:
Speaking of which, if anyone wants to pool resources in the next 10-20 years to create a real-life MMCafe retirement center/co-op in an expat-friendly country (maybe Portugal or something), count me as "interested."

Genius! Current Cafe-appropriate proposed sites include the Dukedom of Cagliostro/Monaco, Zanzibarland, Transylvania, and South Town.

In better travel times, we should arrange another real-life meet-up soon, hopefully to celebrate Prof's recovery at that point!

Pencilero

31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):Yo Prof, you okay?" , posted Sun 1 Aug 05:51post reply

quote:

Perhaps I've watched too many Hong Kong movies, but aging only means increased power levels and treachery. :b

4 years away from 50 here, my eye sight has taken a hit over the past three years. Always been bad, but now the decreased elasticity of cornea means I'm in bi-focal territory. A rotator cuff injury makes my joystick arm less durable for prolonged sessions.

This may also be why I find myself preferring wizened characters in fighting games these days. Although there is a lack of solid middle aged fighting characters. There's a solid 10-20, then 60-∞ assortment, but not a whole lot for middle aged ranks.

FGC Retirement Community sounds good. Keep the mind active, and moral up. Teach the younger generation of caregivers the old ways of the FGC to continue the legacy of the genre I love. :P

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(1):Madman's Senior Living Co-Op" , posted Sun 1 Aug 07:56post reply

quote:

That sounds like a great idea, if for no other reason than someone can be there to make certain the poor Professor stops banging up the same area on his arm.

"Re(2):Madman's Senior Living Co-Op" , posted Sun 1 Aug 10:57post reply

quote:

That sounds like a great idea, if for no other reason than someone can be there to make certain the poor Professor stops banging up the same area on his arm.

I imagine that Professor injures his arm from beating up mohawked thugs, but years of doing so has weakened his hand and made its meridians susceptible to overloading and injury.

"Re(3):Madman's Senior Living Co-Op" , posted Sun 1 Aug 12:05:post reply

quote:
I imagine that Professor injures his arm from beating up mohawked thugs, but years of doing so has weakened his hand and made its meridians susceptible to overloading and injury.

Well, time to reactivate the Messy Writing/MMC Fanfic Thread~~!

mysteries

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 2 Aug 02:39]

Red Falcon
6309th Post