user profileedit/delete message
PSN: BadoorSNK(forPSVITA:BadoorUSA)
XBL: BadoorSNK(ForWiiU/Steam:BadoorSNK)
Wii: 3DS:4253-3532-0341
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Gold Customer

"GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Tue 22 Nov 21:30post reply

Hey cafe members, so this year me and some of my friends are organizing another fighting game tournament after last year's and was thinking that cafe members might be interested in checking it out. It's again a 2-day event on Dec 23-24. Details can be found in this Shoryuken post or at the main website. I don't know If I'll be doing any (terrible) commentary on any of the games but who knows.

What I do know and what is definitely more important that the main events is that I'm planing to do a SEGA Saturn based side tournament that I'll be commentating and streaming here. The first day will be all Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge, but the second day I'm thinking about making it a multi game event (probably 3 games, one for start till before Top 8. And another for Top 8, and a final game for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals).

And so I ask cafe members for their wisdom on what do you think would make for a fun games to have in the tourney. I'm planing for the 3 to be in different genres, so maybe a 2D fighter, a 3D fighter, and a puzzle game (not necessarily in that order). My Saturn collection is pretty decent but I have a modded Saturn that can play...well, you know...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
BOOTLEG GAMES

End of Spoiler

so I can pretty much have any game as long as I can...acquire it.

http://100daysofmegashock.wordpress.com/
http://badoorsnk.wordpress.com/
pretzelmotion.com

Replies:
Professor
5016th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Tue 22 Nov 22:15post reply

Great to hear that GCC is happening again!

For the 3D genre, I'd give my vote to Fighters Megamix (with all characters unlocked if possible).

Some thoughts on the 2D genre would be Rabbit, Golden Axe:The Duel, annd Battle Monsters.

These are all games that are unique to the Saturn console!

Neo0r0chiaku
268th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: IAMDC1
Wii: n/a
STM: dc202styles
Copper Customer

"Re(1):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Tue 22 Nov 22:27:post reply

quote:
Hey cafe members, so this year me and some of my friends are organizing another fighting game tournament after last year's and was thinking that cafe members might be interested in checking it out. It's again a 2-day event on Dec 23-24. Details can be found in this Shoryuken post or at the main website. I don't know If I'll be doing any (terrible) commentary on any of the games but who knows.

What I do know and what is definitely more important that the main events is that I'm planing to do a SEGA Saturn based side tournament that I'll be commentating and streaming here. The first day will be all Fighter's History Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge, but the second day I'm thinking about making it a multi game event (probably 3 games, one for start till before Top 8. And another for Top 8, and a final game for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals).

And so I ask cafe members for their wisdom on what do you think would make for a fun games to have in the tourney. I'm planing for the 3 to be in different genres, so maybe a 2D fighter, a 3D fighter, and a puzzle game (not necessarily in that order). My Saturn collection is pretty decent but I have a modded Saturn that can p

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Awesome stuff Badoor. You can also use Groove on Fight, Waku Waku 7, and Final Fight Revenge. But beware, Final Fight Revenge is not a pretty penny lol.

Long Live I AM!

[this message was edited by Neo0r0chiaku on Tue 22 Nov 22:28]

PSN: IkariLoona
XBL: n/a
Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Tue 22 Nov 22:47post reply

quote:
Great to hear that GCC is happening again!

For the 3D genre, I'd give my vote to Fighters Megamix (with all characters unlocked if possible).

Some thoughts on the 2D genre would be Rabbit, Golden Axe:The Duel, annd Battle Monsters.

These are all games that are unique to the Saturn console!

I support the Fighters Megamix vote - that game doesn't get nearly enough mentions nowadays.

Make sure to play Segata Sanshiro's music when announncing the Saturn tournament winner(s)!

...!!
LEGENOARYNINLIA
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Wed 23 Nov 07:44post reply

Fighter's History Dynamite is a bold pick. I like that. One of my all time favourite games.

Fighters Megamix is a lot of fun. I would recommend only using stages with no walls. A lot of the walled stages cause awful slowdown that just ruins the mood. Also, the game lets you choose between Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers rules. Both have their perks, but for a tournament with multiple games I'd go for the latter as it has a faster pace.

Another 3D fighter to consider would be Zero Divide The Final Conflict. It also has an "evade" button like Fighter's Megamix, but it runs at a solid 60 fps.

For a 2D fighter I would recommend Suiko Enbu Fuunsaiki with the speed set to max...

~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
videograpple.tumblr.com/

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Wed 23 Nov 09:40post reply

Nice to see that it's managed to make it for another year! Running a big tournament is work, and keeping it running takes dedication. Kudos!

FHD is a neat game! There's a lot of craziness in that game.

quote:

For a 2D fighter I would recommend Suiko Enbu Fuunsaiki with the speed set to max...

This game is NUTS. I don't know where you're going to find people that actually know how to play it, but every time I watch videos of it, it feels like some kind of HnK predecessor what with its endless combos, floorbounces, etc. It'd be cool to have a tournament for this, for sure!

Cyberbots isn't a very combo-intensive game and the zoning mania it can turn into might be a turnoff, but I love it to pieces and the ease with which people can get into it would make it a fun 2D game for the unfamiliar.

As for 3D fighters, I wonder if this one is any good:
Anarchy In the Nippon

Micky Kusanagi
454th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
CFN: MickyKusanagi
Gold Customer

"Re(5):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Wed 23 Nov 17:27post reply

Badoor I'm very sad I can't be of any help for the Saturn events...never owned a Saturn till now, and when I managed to build a PC capable of running SSF swiftly I had an unfortunate electrical accident that fried my machine and two routers -at least that computer let me complete Sonic World in Sonic Jam, thank God.

But as you'd expect from the Cafe, you already got a bunch of good suggestions, so I wish you lots of success for the whole tournament. I caught some KOF13 live streaming last year and it was fun to watch ^^

Ore no...kachi da!!
Just a Person
1836th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):GCC Majors+SEGA Saturn side tourney" , posted Fri 25 Nov 05:31post reply

I love all the games suggested here; they can provide an awesome tourney!

I guess the only game I'd suggest besides them would be Vampire Savior, as it was great on Saturn as well.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

PSN: BadoorSNK(forPSVITA:BadoorUSA)
XBL: BadoorSNK(ForWiiU/Steam:BadoorSNK)
Wii: 3DS:4253-3532-0341
Gold Customer

"GCC Majors trailer" , posted Thu 8 Dec 20:51:post reply

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I think I'll be going with Fighter's Megamix and a 2D fighter for day 2. As an AM2 snob I kinda think VF2 or FV is a more pure and refined fighting game than FMM but I mean I can't deny the appeal of it. And the context of a not-so-serious side tournament for fun means it'll work a lot better than VF/FV.

Also we just finished the trailer for the tourney. Very proud of our video editor's work on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajL_CX4eyN0

P.S.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I actually make a sleepy-looking cameo in that trailer. I don't think I was sleepy, I just look like that when I'm concentrating, haha

End of Spoiler

http://100daysofmegashock.wordpress.com/
http://badoorsnk.wordpress.com/
pretzelmotion.com

[this message was edited by badoor on Thu 8 Dec 20:52]

Micky Kusanagi
500th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
CFN: MickyKusanagi
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):GCC Majors trailer" , posted Thu 8 Dec 22:02post reply

Beautiful trailer, hype and elegant. Love the b&w scenes. After your introduction message, it's another good sign of how much love you guys are putting into this tournament.

Ore no...kachi da!!
Professor
5032th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):GCC Majors trailer" , posted Fri 9 Dec 00:42post reply

quote:
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I think I'll be going with Fighter's Megamix and a 2D fighter for day 2. As an AM2 snob I kinda think VF2 or FV is a more pure and refined fighting game than FMM but I mean I can't deny the appeal of it. And the context of a not-so-serious side tournament for fun means it'll work a lot better than VF/FV.

Also we just finished the trailer for the tourney. Very proud of our video editor's work on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajL_CX4eyN0

P.S.

Nice trailer! You look like you're ready for the kill, lol. I really like the way how the video editor transitioned the games from their previous iteration to the latest release! Very nice.

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):GCC Majors trailer" , posted Fri 9 Dec 02:38post reply

quote:

Looks good, I'll be certain to watch!