Fighter Musings Re-Bout 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (9407 Views )

Professor
3379th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Fighter Musings Re-Bout 2" , posted Fri 17 Feb 07:58:post reply

Previous Thread

And so AOU2012 is starting in just 2 hours. This is going to be a year of fighting games for sure.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 17 Feb 08:01]

Replies:

GekigangerV
1739th Post

PSN: gekijmo
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Tier chart being made famous" , posted Sat 18 Feb 09:45:post reply

Some UMvC3 players using the MMcafe tier chart to make tier list on Twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

Fanatiq and FilipinoChamp at this time

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 18 Feb 09:46]

Maou
2304th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Tier chart being made famous" , posted Sat 18 Feb 09:59post reply

quote:

The Tier Chart is so cool! It and the Tokyo arcade guide really do deserve a permanent link on the front page~

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Professor
3379th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Tier chart being made famous" , posted Sun 19 Feb 13:42post reply

quote:

The Tier Chart is so cool! It and the Tokyo arcade guide really do deserve a permanent link on the front page~

Yeah it's pretty interesting, the UMvC3 community as a whole seems to be using it a lot! Everyone seems to agree that Phoenix is at the top left, lol.

Agh Maou, did you send me a mail a while back? Sorry that I haven't responded yet, I seriously need to update the index layout! I'll do so during this month, in fact..

Nekros
417th Post

Gold Customer

"SFxT new rumors" , posted Sun 19 Feb 21:55post reply

News about SFxT are this collection of mumblings (may be actual fact, have sense), regarding not only the game itself, but also dlc contents and future games by Capcom.
What do you think?http://irgt.tumblr.com/post/17735596021/a-present-for-those-who-are-present-interesting

shin ramberk
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):SFxT new rumors" , posted Mon 20 Feb 02:51post reply

Interesting rumors. Not farfetched either. I'm not upset with how the DLC is planned. Just wish the costume packs were cheaper. I'd certainly buy some if they were.

quote:
News about SFxT are this collection of mumblings (may be actual fact, have sense), regarding not only the game itself, but also dlc contents and future games by Capcom.
What do you think?http://irgt.tumblr.com/post/17735596021/a-present-for-those-who-are-present-interesting

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Maou
2305th Post

"Re(3):Tier chart being made famous" , posted Mon 20 Feb 07:19post reply

quote:
Agh Maou, did you send me a mail a while back? Sorry that I haven't responded yet, I seriously need to update the index layout! I'll do so during this month, in fact..

No rush, Prof! I just like these two new projects so much that it seemed like a shame for them to be slowly scrolling down/off the main page and BBS and out of the sight of newcomers and/or us.

Professor
3382th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Tier Charts of the strong and famous" , posted Mon 20 Feb 12:21:post reply

Haha, Justin Wong's Tweeted Kubo's Chart (via Fubarduck) saying that Iron Fist's not that low. Here's that and a few others, mostly UMvC3.

Kubo
Kaiten-ou
Liquidmetal's Disgusting chart (translated to Eng)
Chou/Superboy

Kubo's KOF13

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 20 Feb 12:23]

sibarraz
351th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: sibarraz4life

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Tier Charts of the strong and famous" , posted Mon 20 Feb 12:30post reply

Out of curiosity, how is kubo, to see if he is a kof xiii player which understands the game.

Not judging his tier list, just a question since I never heard of him

Professor
3382th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Tier Charts of the strong and famous" , posted Mon 20 Feb 13:58post reply

quote:
Out of curiosity, how is kubo, to see if he is a kof xiii player which understands the game.

Not judging his tier list, just a question since I never heard of him

Kubo is a combo game player who's won SBO/Tougeki a number of times, mostly Melty Blood and Blazblue. I don't think he's played KOF13 enough to make a firm judgement on the game, some characters like Yuri and Karate's position on the chart is just plain odd.

Nekros
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 03:53post reply

quote:
Interesting rumors. Not farfetched either. I'm not upset with how the DLC is planned. Just wish the costume packs were cheaper. I'd certainly buy some if they were.

Little update: some rumors are confirmed, some proves to be wrong. The Vita version of SFxT will be released in fall 2012 but will have 12 addictional characters (I presum the console versions will get these as dlc: Lars, Alisa, Brian, Christie, Lei, Jack, Cody, Guy, Elena, Dudley, Sakura and Blanka).
Funny that Ono hates Karin so much and love SF2 chars as hell that paired Sakura with Blanka. I'm so sick of this love for SF2 (forcing to include the entire cast in every game), I'll buy only the set with SF3 chars :P

Grave
1432th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 04:15post reply

Yeah, the SF side is pretty damn boring. I'm glad they picked Elena, but the rest of this game doesn't interest me much at all. Ugly SF4 styling, ugly SF4 roster. Alex or Oro might have helped to push me into checking it out, but I think I'll wait until I can snag it cheap if at all.

mbisonhatclub
451th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 04:35post reply

quote:
Funny that Ono hates Karin so much and love SF2 chars as hell that paired Sakura with Blanka. I'm so sick of this love for SF2 (forcing to include the entire cast in every game), I'll buy only the set with SF3 chars :P

Let me take a moment to laugh. Ahem hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Ishmael
4314th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(4):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 05:22post reply

Two questions:

Why are people acting like they know the One True Mind of Ono when it comes to character selection? Anonymous internet rumor mongering is being treated like it was handed down from Mount Sinai.

Why is Alex the new perceived pariah of games? The guy's been in five games, one of which came out after the fighting game resurgence. In the spirit of keeping things fair I wonder if there will ever be online screaming that SNKP is shoving KoF95 down our throats with its endless parade of Kyo/Iori while Jin Fuha is unfairly left out yet again.

Grave
1433th Post

"Re(5):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 05:48post reply

quote:
Why is Alex the new perceived pariah of games? The guy's been in five games, one of which came out after the fighting game resurgence.

Those five games are the SF3 series, Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution and TvC. Hardly what you'd call great mainstream exposure there. Only one of them is available on a current console that has real netplay and real controllers. One of them is arguably the least interesting fighting game Capcom has released since SF1, so there's that too.

A lot of it comes from him supposedly being the main character of the SF3 series - in a way I think he represents them pretty well. When SF3 characters started showing up in SF4 I thought he'd be in for sure. Nope. For SFxT it'd be fun to team him up with Abel. Oh well.

Would I rather see Oro? Definitely. Urien or Q? Maybe. But it seems like Alex is an easier choice. The TvC thing, though - almost there, but not quite MvC3, not UMvC3, not SFxT, not SSF4AE - seems like a really lousy consolation prize. "Oh stop whining, Alex was totally just in a game no one plays on a system no one cares about!"

Regardless, even if SFxT had a good roster I wouldn't be sure about these play systems and it'd still be as ugly as shit. I'm curious to try it out but considering pretty much everyone I wanted to be in it is DLC (if at all) I'm not really in a hurry to spend a dime on it.

Iggy
9320th Post

"Re(6):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 05:55post reply

Actually, Alex is in it as a costume for King.

Spoon
2286th Post

"Re(4):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 06:03post reply

quote:
Reduce, reuse, recycle

Once they've made them, they're already in a no-win situation in the minds of some fans: if they use them again, they're accused of lazy rehashing, and they don't use them again, they're accused of being lazy bastards who can't be arsed to do the extra 10% or 20% needed to bring these existing characters into the game.

Grave
1434th Post

"Re(7):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 06:08post reply

quote:

Alternate Comedy Alex Option

Maou
2307th Post

"Re(8):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 06:42:post reply

quote:
Those five games are the SF3 series, Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution and TvC. Hardly what you'd call great mainstream exposure there.
Actually, that there is probably the very reason you will never see him again. Ironically, his star debut did not make him a star...the very reason we know of Alex is an at-the-time obscure game that got a boost years later when people noticed that third version of said game was hot. If a mainline SF game, III, was not enough exposure to make Alex (or the series for that matter) famous, nothing is.

Like, the joke is that we remember Alex because of Third Strike, at which time Capcom had long since realized Alex was no star at all. Alex is "supporting cast" in 3S to The Most Beautiful Version of Chun-Li Ever Made as well as a bunch of other folks. Sorry, Alex.

Besides, Q is the true hero of SF III all Capcom games the world.

...not that I have anti-star prejudice. I still bet I'm the only person on this board who's ever masqueraded as a Justice Gakuen character one time.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 22 Feb 06:46]

Spoon
2287th Post

"Re(9):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 06:59post reply

I wonder if Alex was in SF4 instead of Abel if he would've gotten a boost. UFC/MMA really didn't have the exposure or interest in North America that it has garnered in the past few years, and an MMA-ish character introduced into SF during this time would've probably gotten a much more favourable response.

Still, Alex comes across as a pro wrestler more than an MMA fighter. What with his power bombs, suplexes, backhand chops, two-legged drop kicks, DDTs...

I don't think Alex is going over any time soon.

Gojira
2826th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(8):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 07:19:post reply

quote:

Alternate Comedy Alex Option

No seriously, he's supposedly in it. The SF3 one. Not as a playable character, though.

Then again, this was from the same source that said Yun and Yang would be future DLC, but they're not on Capcom's released list of Vita characters.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 22 Feb 07:20]

karasu99
850th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(9):SFxT new rumors AND MORE" , posted Wed 22 Feb 07:34post reply

quote:
Alex woes

It's not that I don't sympathize, but there are plenty of characters we'd all love to see return, but I think popularity ultimately wins out. Plus the game we're talking about is Street Fighter X Tekken, and if you think for a second that people wouldn't shriek even louder if, say, Chun Li didn't make the cut since somebody wanted Alex in, well...

To be fair there are some decent oddities in SFxT already, like Hugo and Poison (my future team of choice, I'm sure). I'd love to see more weird choices (mainly Haggar, since they very nearly have his model SFxT-ready) but I guess I've made my peace with Capcom's inclusion practices. It's still better than trying to sell me BlazBlue with one more character, the DLC characters I already paid something like $21 for, and some balance adjustments for $40!

On a lighter note, looks like the Persona 4 fighter is coming to the US!

www.secret-arts.com

mbisonhatclub
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 08:35post reply

quote:
I wonder if there will ever be online screaming that SNKP is shoving KoF95 down our throats with its endless parade of Kyo/Iori while Jin Fuha is unfairly left out yet again.

Newsflash there is stuff like that happening go outside for once

karasu99
851th Post

"Re(10):SFxT new rumors AND MORE" , posted Wed 22 Feb 09:39post reply

Some of the DLC costumes have been revealed, and they're a mixed bag. I won't spoil anything though!

While I think the concept of having one company's team dressing up as the other's is interesting, I don't think all of the choices were the best. Still, I like the sense of humor of this entire enterprise, which continues to make me think that the entire genesis of this game took place in various bars during a drunken conversation between Harada and Ono. Also, I had forgotten Steve was in the game! I'm excited now.

On a side note, I'm always intrigued to hear how weirdly some people pronounce characters' names. DOLL-sum and ZONGeev, ah well. At least this time there was no RYE-ooh.

www.secret-arts.com

sibarraz
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 14:20post reply

quote:
Two questions:

Why are people acting like they know the One True Mind of Ono when it comes to character selection? Anonymous internet rumor mongering is being treated like it was handed down from Mount Sinai.

Why is Alex the new perceived pariah of games? The guy's been in five games, one of which came out after the fighting game resurgence. In the spirit of keeping things fair I wonder if there will ever be online screaming that SNKP is shoving KoF95 down our throats with its endless parade of Kyo/Iori while Jin Fuha is unfairly left out yet again.

It's funny, considering that not so many people bitched about the whole 95 roster sans eiji and heidern being in kof 95

But well, screw jin fuha, one day lawrence blood will make it

Ishmael
4315th Post

"Re(6):SFxT new rumors" , posted Wed 22 Feb 22:38post reply

quote:
But well, screw jin fuha, one day lawrence blood will make it
I will not rest until Johnny Maximum makes his KoF debut. I can't wait for the day that I can team him up with Brian Battler and some other football based loser to create Team Pigskin. Perhaps one of the characters from Football Frenzy can be pulled out of mothballs to fill the empty slot.

Loona
517th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):SFxT new rumors" , posted Thu 23 Feb 00:50post reply

quote:
I will not rest until Johnny Maximum makes his KoF debut. I can't wait for the day that I can team him up with Brian Battler and some other football based loser to create Team Pigskin. Perhaps one of the characters from Football Frenzy can be pulled out of mothballs to fill the empty slot.

This should help make that a little less impossible, if you're willing to compromise - at least his shoulder charge is already in.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

karasu99
852th Post

"Re(8):SFxT new rumors" , posted Thu 23 Feb 01:23post reply

quote:

This should help make that a little less impossible, if you're willing to compromise - at least his shoulder charge is already in.

Hah, fantastic!

Oh, and Ishmael, I may or may not agree with you depending on whether or not you're looking for WH2 projectile throwing J. Max or his lamer WH2J and later version.

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4317th Post

"Re(9):SFxT new rumors" , posted Thu 23 Feb 03:45post reply

quote:
That is a good choice! I was also thinking Chizuru might do in a pinch since she looks like she's ready to hit the gridiron in those shoulder pads she wears.

quote:
Hah, fantastic!

Oh, and Ishmael, I may or may not agree with you depending on whether or not you're looking for WH2 projectile throwing J. Max or his lamer WH2J and later version.

It has to be the projectile version. Johnny isn't Maximum unless he is filling the screen with footballs.

I just did a bit of reading on J.Max and discovered one of his projectiles was called "Pigskin Thunderspirit." If I ever start up a cover band that plays nothing but classic rock standards I know what our name is going to be.

karasu99
854th Post

"Re(10):SFxT new rumors" , posted Thu 23 Feb 04:29post reply

quote:

It has to be the projectile version. Johnny isn't Maximum unless he is filling the screen with footballs.

He and Shura are two characters who they changed in Jet, and I personally never understood why. Ah well!
quote:

I just did a bit of reading on J.Max and discovered one of his projectiles was called "Pigskin Thunderspirit." If I ever start up a cover band that plays nothing but classic rock standards I know what our name is going to be.

Har, did you perhaps read the excellent FAQ by Galen Komatsu from way back? I always wondered what happened to that guy-- he was a machine as far as early 90's NeoGeo game FAQs were concerned.

You're right, that's an excellent name for a classic rock cover band! Let me know if you ever start it.

You know, I'm a little bit amazed that J. Max and Brian are the only two football brawlers in fighting games. I'd have thought that somewhere in the madness of the mid 90's Street Fighter clones, there would have been at least one more.

www.secret-arts.com

Professor
3385th Post

MMCafe Owner

"SFxT Art Book" , posted Thu 23 Feb 11:28post reply

There's already an art book slated for Street Fighter x Tekken. Release in Japan on April 5, 2940yen, 192 pages. A few samples are available at 4Gamer, URL below.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014005/20120222014/

An incomplete version of the the Chunli artwork will be featured in the April issue of Gemaga as well.

GekigangerV
1739th Post

"Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Thu 23 Feb 12:13post reply

Link Here

I am excited about this. After the Zeong DLC for Gundam Extreme Vs. I couldn't think of anything else I wanted on the Japan PSN. I will pick this up at the beginning of April when I get more free time.

Hopefully this can help generate some interest and also get released on that JPN side of the US store if not the US release itself.

quote:
There's already an art book slated for Street Fighter x Tekken. Release in Japan on April 5, 2940yen, 192 pages. A few samples are available at 4Gamer, URL below.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014005/20120222014/

An incomplete version of the the Chunli artwork will be featured in the April issue of Gemaga as well.

Wow, that art is very nice. Too bad we haven't seen any of it before for promo purposes.

Ishmael
4319th Post

"Re(1):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 24 Feb 04:20post reply

A breakdown of some of the mechanics in SxT. So much changed during production of the game it's good to get a clear picture of what the actual game engine is.

quote:
You know, I'm a little bit amazed that J. Max and Brian are the only two football brawlers in fighting games. I'd have thought that somewhere in the madness of the mid 90's Street Fighter clones, there would have been at least one more.

That is strange, isn't it? Back in the day when every American character was sporting a yellow mullet and star spangled clothes you would have thought a few more football players would be included in the mix. Even the Gouketsuji games don't include a football player and that's a series that had no sense of subtlety.

karasu99
855th Post

"Re(2):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 24 Feb 04:41post reply

quote:

That is strange, isn't it? Back in the day when every American character was sporting a yellow mullet and star spangled clothes you would have thought a few more football players would be included in the mix. Even the Gouketsuji games don't include a football player and that's a series that had no sense of subtlety.

Welll... it's funny you should mention mullet and star spangled clothes, but last night I was recalling Eagle from Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter, and axe aside he's very football player-esque. Turns out he's supposed to be a pro wrestler. Sounds sketchy to me, given his look.

www.secret-arts.com

sibarraz
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 24 Feb 05:04post reply

In perspective, I always found max and to a lesser extent brian to be incredible stupid designs

Specially if they wear a helmet, from a fighting perspective, I don't know how effective could be fighting with a helmet, plus the clothes which don't seem that good to fight

At least brian looks slightly more like a american footbal player which also happens to fight on the streets when he is bored

TheRedKnight
349th Post

PSN: yes
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 24 Feb 17:52post reply

quote:
In perspective, I always found max and to a lesser extent brian to be incredible stupid designs

Specially if they wear a helmet, from a fighting perspective, I don't know how effective could be fighting with a helmet, plus the clothes which don't seem that good to fight

At least brian looks slightly more like a american footbal player which also happens to fight on the streets when he is bored

I would love to hear your in depth analysis of characters like Mudman, Dhalsim, Sodom...

Waw!? And now what's going on!? Toh Shin Den is about to present to you a super hot virtual battle like one that you've never seen before at a rate of 90000 polygons per second!

sibarraz
358th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Sat 25 Feb 03:55post reply

quote:

I would love to hear your in depth analysis of characters like Mudman, Dhalsim, Sodom...

Mudman does weird magic, dhalsim has amazing limbs plus the power of yoga and sodom seems like a semi samurai

mbisonhatclub
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Sat 25 Feb 08:31:post reply

Rival Schools on JP PSN, got that like two days ago, haven't tried it yet since I haven't had much time to just sit down and play something for a good amount of time. But it's a 737 mb download

EDIT: I sort of gave it a shot and uh, the menus are not very intuitive to a nonnative speaker unlike most other fighting game imports. I have no idea what's going on in it but there's some kind of visual novel thing?

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Sun 26 Feb 03:51]

Iggy
9321th Post

"Re(2):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 04:16post reply

quote:
I have no idea what's going on in it but there's some kind of visual novel thing?

That's the whole reason why so many people remember this game so fondly. Now if only the DC version had had it as well instead of the stupid board game...
I hope the 2nd dating sim makes it to the PSN too.

Maou
2307th Post

"Re(3):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 06:50post reply

quote:
I have no idea what's going on in it but there's some kind of visual novel thing? That's the whole reason why so many people remember this game so fondly. Now if only the DC version had had it as well instead of the stupid board game...

I'm afraid you're going to have learn Japanese ASAP, hatclub, the hot-blooded-youth-diary-lifesim is too fun to pass up. You're fired if your character isn't dating Hinata (or better yet, Daigo) by the end of the month!

sibarraz
359th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 08:02post reply

The only character that I want to see soon from the capcom side is natsu, I reallly love her design

Iggy
9322th Post

"Re(4):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 08:05post reply

quote:
You're fired if your character isn't dating Hinata (or better yet, Daigo) by the end of the month!

Hinata is boring! If you have to date a female classmate, date at least Tiffany, for the event where you have to tell her what to cosplay into to gather more attention!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The correct answer is "Sasquatch".

End of Spoiler

The teachers are all amazing. Special mention to Kyoko's alcohol problem, and the surreal event where you meet her sleeping in the street totally wasted on cheep booze. Hayato is teh sex, and Hideo has some of the most amazing events in the game. Daigo, indeed, is god tier.

Maou
2309th Post

"Re(5):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 08:36:post reply

quote:
The teachers are all amazing.
Actually, I only got Hinata the first time...the second time, my strange little student actually got close with Kyoko---scandalous!

Hayato is great and Nagai Go-esque, but Daigo is indeed the greatest...he is the subject of said cosplay experience above, one time! 人の道を教えてやる!無双正拳突き!

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 27 Feb 08:39]

Ishmael
4320th Post

"Re(6):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Mon 27 Feb 23:09post reply

Speaking of all things PSN, it looks like Vampire Savior is coming to the US. Too bad it's the PSX version but I doubt Sony is too keen on letting Capcom digitally release the Saturn version on their system.

Gojira
2827th Post

"Re(6):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Tue 28 Feb 06:49post reply

quote:
The teachers are all amazing. Actually, I only got Hinata the first time...the second time, my strange little student actually got close with Kyoko---scandalous!

Hayato is great and Nagai Go-esque, but Daigo is indeed the greatest...he is the subject of said cosplay experience above, one time! 人の道を教えてやる!無双正拳突き!

I remember ending up with Natsu when I still had the game, after having really no idea what I was doing at all. I guess Akira didn't like accompanying me to the summer festival

Pollyanna
3192th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(7):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Tue 28 Feb 11:56post reply

I'm always like "Shut up about Rival Schools! It wasn't even a good fighting game!" and now you bring back these fantastic memories of it (as well as my old grudge against Capcom USA). Now I find myself wishing they'd make a new one. Vigorously re-imagined...but a new one all the same.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

GekigangerV
1740th Post

"Re(8):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Tue 28 Feb 13:33post reply

Saw an interesting article about how Capcom had to search out the licenses for several items such as music when they re-released this game. Anyone remember anything in particular in the soundtrack or were they just taking tracks from Avex or something? I think I remember hearing something about certain voice actors retaining some rights, but I am not too sure about that.

Link Here

quote:
I'm always like "Shut up about Rival Schools! It wasn't even a good fighting game!" and now you bring back these fantastic memories of it (as well as my old grudge against Capcom USA). Now I find myself wishing they'd make a new one. Vigorously re-imagined...but a new one all the same.

I kind of wish Cyber Connect worked on a Rival Schools sequel using the Naruto anime graphics engine and maybe try to do the date sim too, but have some actual gameplay unlike Asura's Wrath.

mbisonhatclub
455th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Rival Schools on Japanese PSN" , posted Tue 28 Feb 13:47post reply

I have to admit, the amount of effort put into hunting down licenses impressed me, and that's why I ultimately decided to put money/yen down on it despite my, otherwise, refusal to put money down on a Capcom game that isn't Monster Hunter or a new Lost Planet because Lost Planet 2 was really fun in multiplayer. Though not being able to understand what's going kind of sidelines my ability to enjoy the game for now, but at least when I become more fluent, and despite my lack of interest of VNs, it looks like there's lots of other things in it I can really enjoy.

Ishmael
4322th Post

"Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Thu 1 Mar 23:09post reply

First off, I must thank the Professor for the updates to the updates to the main page. Seeing new info on MMCafe is always a thrill.

Second, the release plans for VF5:FS continue to roll along. The number of custom items in the game is listed as being around 14,000 or some other equally absurd number. I suspect this means that you are going to end up with things such as 100 pairs of pants that are slightly different colors in order to fill out the list but I'm certain that players will still have plenty of ways to make their favorite characters look ridiculous.

TheRedKnight
350th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 00:24post reply

quote:
The number of custom items in the game is listed as being around 14,000 or some other equally absurd number. I suspect this means that you are going to end up with things such as 100 pairs of pants that are slightly different colors in order to fill out the list but I'm certain that players will still have plenty of ways to make their favorite characters look ridiculous.

I think it's unfair that VF players must spend hundreds of hours to have their characters look as ridiculous as Guilty Gear and BlazBlue designs!

Waw!? And now what's going on!? Toh Shin Den is about to present to you a super hot virtual battle like one that you've never seen before at a rate of 90000 polygons per second!

sibarraz
362th Post

Silver Customer

"VF5: FS Details" , posted Fri 2 Mar 00:59post reply

Well, I heard that actually, there are only 700 items, Just for El Blaze Samba de Amigo Custome I will buy it

Online Mode
Up to 8 players, spectator mode included. Traditional options for room size, region, as well as to allow playable Dural

Customizable Costumes
Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

Training
Options for throw escapes, evades, rising attacks/speed and struggle from guard breaks.

Replays
You can save offline AND online matches. Frame data, etc. will be included.

License Mode
Tons of challenges as you fight the CPU. There's stuff like "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled", etc. Clear a challenge and get a special license.

Button Configuration
You can set up the controller at the character select screen, and there's also a "button check" option too so you can check to make sure your buttons are properly configured and working!

Well, the bad news is that you must download the items if you want to see your opponent characters as blazblue designs, I hope to see a compatibility pack like the one that SF IV has

Overall, I think that SEGA made this port just to teach everyone how a fighting game must be done for a console

karasu99
863th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 01:18post reply

quote:
First off, I must thank the Professor for the updates to the updates to the main page. Seeing new info on MMCafe is always a thrill.

Seconded! Thanks Professor!
quote:

Second, the release plans for VF5:FS continue to roll along.

I'm pretty excited about this, actually. Inexplicably, despite years of playing 2D fighters and generally stinking at them competitively, I'm really pretty decent at the one game I hardly played during its early years because (and I quote) "it's boring looking". I can't really explain my strange love for Virtua Fighter! I don't even mind the DLC for once. And it's nice that when playing matches against the computer it actually customizes characters' looks, so that I can play against Akira with cornrows, a huge beard, and sparkles around him. Or something like that.

Oh, also, Taka-arashi is back, which counts for a lot!

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1349th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

"Re(3):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 03:18post reply

I just want VF to be released already. I've been itching for a training mode... for like... forever. In Japan everyone was also too damn good. I needed that training mode while I was there...! Chikushou!!!

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

karasu99
865th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 04:53post reply

quote:
I've been itching for a training mode... for like... forever.

Yes! It's probably the best fighting game training mode I've ever seen (BlazBlue is not bad also, and needs to be, with its 7000 different game systems ) and is really fun on top of it all.

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1351th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 04:58post reply

If people want to play online, let me know! Although who the hell knows how that will turn out :p

Ishmael
4323th Post

"Re(1):VF5: FS Details" , posted Fri 2 Mar 05:18post reply

quote:
Customizable Costumes
Because VF5FS is close to the maximum size allowed for DLC games, all items other than the defaults are not included in the game and are sold as DLC. Items will be sold separately and in packs.

Is VF5FS larger than Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2 and other games that can be downloaded in the Playstation Store? Or are there different size guidelines for download only games as opposed to download/disc games?

badoor
255th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK
Wii: PSVITA:BadoorUSA

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 06:12post reply

quote:
I've been itching for a training mode... for like... forever.

Yes! It's probably the best fighting game training mode I've ever seen (BlazBlue is not bad also, and needs to be, with its 7000 different game systems ) and is really fun on top of it all.

VF4:Evo's training & tutorial modes are the best. And that was back in 2003, before Youtube, where the only method to learn anything was by either scouring forums or FAQS. I learned the 3-input throw escape, the fact that you can low-throw u or d P+K+G quick recoveries, and so many more stuff. I never went so deep into the minutia techniques of any game before it. Even VF5's training mode wasn't as good as 4:Evo and I'm hoping VF5:FS would go back to that. I'm extremely happy that it's coming out finally.

karasu99
866th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):VF on Japanese PSN" , posted Fri 2 Mar 06:15post reply

quote:
If people want to play online, let me know! Although who the hell knows how that will turn out :p

I'd be happy to-- feel free to add me. Of course it needs to come out first, like you said!

www.secret-arts.com

Loona
524th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Sun 4 Mar 14:12post reply

The tutorial is one of the best parts - and apparently voice actors are listed for Dan I'm yet to see in any other roles.

The list of datamined (alternate) character models is still being updated at this point. Mostly odd stuff (halloween Lili...) with the nice pearl here and there (Elena's outfit from her SF3 endings). No Makoto Asuka though :(

Gojira
2830th Post

"Re(1):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Sun 4 Mar 18:32:post reply

quote:

The list of datamined (alternate) character models is still being updated at this point. Mostly odd stuff (halloween Lili...) with the nice pearl here and there (Elena's outfit from her SF3 endings). No Makoto Asuka though :(

Your link is the same as the voice one; I'm assuming you meant to post this one.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sun 4 Mar 18:33]

badoor
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Sun 4 Mar 21:37post reply

quote:
The tutorial is one of the best parts - and apparently voice actors are listed for Dan I'm yet to see in any other roles.

Yeah, that was funny. But I think there's more SNK references in there. Bob has Cheng Sin Zan's belly-float, Jin has a zanretsuken, complete with the same command. And weirdly, Steve has Yamazaki's snake arms.

Professor
3395th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Sun 4 Mar 22:01:post reply

LOL at the Terry shoutout.

Badoor: I'm guessing that it's supposed to be his Flicker Jab. Fatal Fury's Yamazaki move was inspired from a certain manga's flicker jab too.

DLC character models are already on disc, reports Eventhubs.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/03/models-street-fighter-x-tekken-characters-and-alternate-costumes-disc/

Someone went nuts and posted endings of the DLC chars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/bvzxa3/videos

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 4 Mar 22:09]

Oroch
1124th Post

PSN: Alpha-Class

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 00:13post reply

quote:
Yeah, that was funny. But I think there's more SNK references in there. Bob has Cheng Sin Zan's belly-float, Jin has a zanretsuken, complete with the same command. And weirdly, Steve has Yamazaki's snake arms.

this makes me sad for some reason :(

sibarraz
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 01:34post reply

quote:

this makes me sad for some reason :(

This maybe will had been capcom vs snk 3

In perspective, is nice to know that this wasn't cvs 3, but stil, is cool to sse that there are some cool snk references

Loona
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 05:46post reply

quote:
Someone went nuts and posted endings of the DLC chars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/bvzxa3/videos

Gotta love the Sakura/Blanka ending

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Dan is the alpha and the omega of this whole shebang

Artwork for Eddy Gordo n the Lei/Christie endei and a modelf or him in their ending is intriguing too, unless that was tweaked from the Raven model or something...

End of Spoiler

Ishmael
4326th Post

"Re(4):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 06:10post reply

I swear I am the only person in the world who does not have full access to games months before they are released.

That selection of alt costumes ended up capturing my attention since I not only was trying to figure out what the costumes were referencing but in some cases it took me awhile to even figure out what character I was looking at. A listing of who was wearing what would have been helpful. Still, the costumes feature the triumphant return of Tiger Jackson so it's not all bad.

GekigangerV
1741th Post

"Re(5):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 08:16post reply

Playable Elena found on disc

Looks like she is mostly complete.

mbisonhatclub
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 12:57post reply

quote:

That video is no longer available but I've already seen it, as well as Bryan Fury and Lei Wulong's gameplay demonstrations.

Soulreaper pretty much gives no fuck and is just trolling Capcom.

Evenor
759th Post

PSN: missantroop

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 15:49post reply

quote:

That video is no longer available but I've already seen it, as well as Bryan Fury and Lei Wulong's gameplay demonstrations.

Soulreaper pretty much gives no fuck and is just trolling Capcom.

Megaman x Pacman on an xbox console

Hurry before the Capcops get a hold of it!

soul ECSTASY!

Ishmael
4328th Post

"Re(8):SFxT out there getting cracked open" , posted Mon 5 Mar 22:03post reply

quote:
Megaman x Pacman on an xbox console

Hurry before the Capcops get a hold of it!

Does this means The Man team of Mega and Pac are tournament worthy?

Do your best Xiayou!

Loona
526th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 00:45post reply

Kasumi vs Akira - I don't know what's stealing the show the most: Akira sounding all loud and badass (VF guys usually feel so muted and wooden, Akira moreso), Kasumi's teleporting shenanigans, the stage or the crossover itself.

Also, Tekken's Facebook is running a poll on character for TxSF, which isn't ment to be binding, but it's surprising for the inclusion of SF1 character, Go Hibiki, Captain Sawada and even Tetsujin: current results - no Haggar though :( but Alex is doing well, and I'm most curious to see how Tekken would handle Oro (or better yet, Dhalsim).

badoor
258th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 02:46post reply

quote:
Kasumi vs Akira - I don't know what's stealing the show the most: Akira sounding all loud and badass (VF guys usually feel so muted and wooden, Akira moreso), Kasumi's teleporting shenanigans, the stage or the crossover itself.
I guess you're not a fighting game unless you have some type of crossover. Anyway, I feel like Kage would have worked much better than Akira (Maybe he's also in it) since he's a ninja and DOA & Team Ninja is all about ninjas.

quote:
Captain Sawada

Well If he's fair game then I want Kylie Minogue Cammy.

Ishmael
4329th Post

"Re(1):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 02:59post reply

quote:

I like how their clothes were getting muddy as the fight went on. It reminds me of how your character could get affected by the environment in MK9 without being as over the top.

quote:
Also, Tekken's Facebook is running a poll on character for TxSF, which isn't ment to be binding, but it's surprising for the inclusion of SF1 character, Go Hibiki, Captain Sawada and even Tetsujin: current results - no Haggar though :( but Alex is doing well, and I'm most curious to see how Tekken would handle Oro (or better yet, Dhalsim).

Sawada is due for a comeback. Will he have a chance to return to the roster in the same way that Todoh did in CvS2? Probably not. But Oro would be a fun choice. How would a character who refuses to use one arm play in a game where each limb is mapped to a button?

Loona
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 03:30post reply

quote:
I guess you're not a fighting game unless you have some type of crossover.

Considering in this case both series share some hardware history (and some control-related algorithms, though I'm less sure about that one) and some control similarities, this can work well. And even in VF isn't in the public eye as much as Tekken, it does has a feel or respectability to it that would fit well with the less jiggly image Team Ninja is trying to bring to the franchise - I'm all for it, and at least visually it's working better than expected.

quote:
Anyway, I feel like Kage would have worked much better than Akira (Maybe he's also in it) since he's a ninja and DOA & Team Ninja is all about ninjas.

People might end up getting him confused with Hayabusa - now Vanessa breaking some DoA faces, that's something that would really stand apart from the series' usual cast.

Still no idea if this will stop at Akira though, but if this game is making it to the PS3, I may just reward it for its renewed direction with my money, though I hope there's an option to tone down the stage and camera movement, it could get a bit distracting for the more competitive folk.

mbisonhatclub
458th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 05:00post reply

quote:
no Haggar though :(
Maybe he'll be disc-locked content

Here's someone who I think should make a fun appearance in Dead or Alive

KTallguy
1354th Post

"Re(2):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 12:29post reply

Man this VF vs DOA thing confuses me. His face is a little off but it could be fun? Is DOA5 60 fps?

GekigangerV
1742th Post

"Re(3):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 12:54post reply

Akira looks like he fits rather nicely in that DOA vid. I hope it all ends up okay. I haven't bought a DOA game since 2 on the DC, but this is on my radar now.

If this works out well, I hope they skip DOA vs VF and go straight to Fighter's Megamix: Tecmo Koei vs SEGA. I want to see Musou characters in with Fighting Vipers, Bomb Jack vs Bean from Sonic Fighters, "Tecmo bowl" footballer vs Hornet, etc.

TheRedKnight
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):VF in DoA?" , posted Tue 6 Mar 18:20post reply

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We just want to see character X from company Y vs character A from company B and get hyped. BADASS.

When I look at the current fighting games I don't see them being any better than the ones made ten years ago*. So I guess it's all just fanservice now.

Do we really need to settle for that? I guess we do, because the majority of people prefer buying new things over playing games that are actually good. But I'm not mad at the companies who are making money. I just think that people who want to get hyped are fucking idiots. (maybe we could create a new topic about this if people want to discuss about the current trends)

*I've only played the demo of XIII, though.

sibarraz
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):VF in DoA?" , posted Wed 7 Mar 01:26post reply

quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We just want to see character X from company Y vs character A from company B and get hyped. BADASS.

When I look at the current fighting games I don't see them being any better than the ones made ten years ago*. So I guess it's all just fanservice now.

Do we really need to settle for that? I guess we do, because the majority of people prefer buying new things over playing games that are actually good. But I'm not mad at the companies who are making money. I just think that people who want to get hyped are fucking idiots. (maybe we could create a new topic about this if people want to discuss about the current trends)

It depends, at the moment doa 5 looks way better than doa 4, arguably there are lots of people who enjoy kof xiii and find it better than at least 2002, which also, has a way better version on 2002um

VF FS looks awesome, same with persona, and the list goes and goes

At least I can't find today games being bad or something, maybe are not as good as old games or maybe people need to get rid of the nostalgia glasses, but overall, I find the current build up of games fine

KTallguy
1356th Post

"Re(5):VF in DoA?" , posted Wed 7 Mar 01:41:post reply

quote:

I would say it's half/half? The problem is, fans tend to react poorly to change. I think that the fighting game genre needs a huge game changer, but everyone is pretty much afraid to do that.

I personally am enjoying some of the new fighting games that are out, but I still yearn for something more... creative.

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 7 Mar 01:42]

Loona
529th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):VF in DoA?" , posted Wed 7 Mar 02:18post reply

quote:
I would say it's half/half? The problem is, fans tend to react poorly to change. I think that the fighting game genre needs a huge game changer, but everyone is pretty much afraid to do that.

On that front, Capcom at least may have already spent its ideas on SFxT - they knew that thing would sell regardless, so they felt free to be as experimental as they could, and reactions were all over the place...

quote:

I personally am enjoying some of the new fighting games that are out, but I still yearn for something more... creative.

On what front? Games that deviate from the usual formulas to varying degrees (from DoA to SSB, for example) get dismissed so readily by recurring consumers of the genre the it makes it risky to trysomething too different.
I'd rather fancy, say, a way to customize a character moveset (think God Hand or Dissidia), but balancing that would be way too much trouble when you consider the relatively small game changer gems were supposed and how people reacted to it (seems to be calmnig down though), especially when taking into account tournament potential.

Ishmael
4331th Post

"Re(7):VF vs Rocket Raccoon" , posted Wed 7 Mar 06:54post reply

Did anyone happen to catch the Final Round XV tournament last weekend where someone won UMvC3 using a team of Viewtiful Joe/Frank West/Rocket Raccoon? That was very entertaining.

KTallguy
1356th Post

"Re(8):VF vs Rocket Raccoon" , posted Wed 7 Mar 10:36post reply

quote:
Did anyone happen to catch the Final Round XV tournament last weekend where someone won UMvC3 using a team of Viewtiful Joe/Frank West/Rocket Raccoon? That was very entertaining.

Wow, that was really interesting! I love how these weird characters can win! I want to see a good Phoenix Wright player :)

sibarraz
370th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):VF vs Rocket Raccoon" , posted Wed 7 Mar 11:51post reply

quote:

Wow, that was really interesting! I love how these weird characters can win! I want to see a good Phoenix Wright player :)

Phoenix could be such a cool character if the gameplay where a bit better, instead of his bad method to gain power where is so hard to collect evidence and also he could find useless evidence, I would had done something like west where even though his level 1 version is really bad, he still has a reliable way to collect evidence, it would have been better if somehow he could guarantee to get a good evidence just spending one meter in some sort of combo, or something like, then spending two more meters he gets in his best mode

mbisonhatclub
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):VF vs Rocket Raccoon" , posted Wed 7 Mar 14:40post reply

quote:

Who didn't catch the downpour of salt from American Mahvel players' tearducts?

Loona
530th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):VF vs Rocket Raccoon" , posted Wed 7 Mar 20:08post reply

And those tears go best with this text on what appears to be the winners and Japan's general attitude toward the game.

Also, DoA5 Akira is supposed to be accurate to his VF self, and he might not be the only one.

Just a Person
1515th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):VF in DoA? + a "killer" announcement" , posted Wed 7 Mar 23:25:post reply

Wow, it looks cool! Akira wouldn't be a character I'd choose to feature in Dead or Alive, personally (I guess Bare Knuckle's Axel and Blaze would fit better - thinking about it, I wouldn't complain if these two were inserted in the next Virtua Fighter game duly adapted to fit in this series, kinda like Tecmo did with Hayabusa in DoA), but this video makes it look like he fits nicely into the game.

BTW, I know most gamers don't like DoA as much as Tekken or Virtua Fighter, but I must confess I find it very entertaining. And not because of the "jiggly physics"; it's just somehow relaxing, easier to play (plus the beautiful graphics; DoA may not even have the best graphics out there, but somehow Team Ninja just makes it look beautiful).

quote:

Well, hype IS a big part of the entertainment industry (in which videogames are included), so it shouldn't be a surprise that a company will try to hype every new product it has to offer.

That said, I wouldn't say quality is being ignored by fighting game players. Hype tends to die shortly after the game is released; by then, the only thing that will make players stick to a game is its quality.

---

Changing subject, apparently by the end of March the next Official Xbox Magazine will reveal "a killer sequel". Could this be a certain fighting game series which had "killer" in its name and which hasn't had a new game in over a decade?

I hope so! And if it's indeed getting a sequel, I hope the gameplay and music in it are as good as the ones in the previous two games (and that it doesn't follow the Mortal Kombat route concerning depictions of violence).

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Wed 7 Mar 23:34]

Spoon
2289th Post

"Re(6):VF in DoA? + a" , posted Thu 8 Mar 01:02post reply

quote:
killer sequel

I will be happy if it is a new Killer Instinct.

I will be happy on the inside if it is a new Timekillers.

Professor
3396th Post

MMCafe Owner

"SF x Tekken" , posted Thu 8 Mar 01:49post reply

Has anyone picked this up yet? I'm hearing the online sound bug is really bad

Tier chart maker is up.

karasu99
869th Post

"Re(1):SF x Tekken" , posted Thu 8 Mar 02:36post reply

quote:

Tier chart maker is up.

I played a bit last night and found it to be very SFIV-ish in look and in gameplay. I'm surprised at how good of a job they did making the Tekken characters play like they're in a Street Fighter game! The animations and effects are nicely done, and the backgrounds look great, with good cameos and detail.

Prior to the game's release I studiously avoided the outrageous amounts of gameplay footage out there so that I would be a little bit surprised at how different characters play (And speaking of which, wow, this game was promoted more than any recent fighter I can recall-- even more so that MvC3, I think. Plus it was like Capcom distributed 10,000 copies of it weeks ago, so that it could be completely delineated on 'actual' release. Crazy!). Hugo feels a lot like his SFIII self to me, but I'm really no expert. Poison plays exactly like I thought she would-- lots of Final Fight looking moves and such. Also, her 'color 2' is Roxy! One thing that I'm puzzled by is that Pacman and Megaman appear to be locked to start with, and from what I read, they'll be unlocked by free DLC next week. I can't figure out why that would be. Toro and Kuro remind me of playing as Kobun in MvC2.

www.secret-arts.com

Zepy
1581th Post

"Re(1):SF x Tekken" , posted Thu 8 Mar 03:20:post reply

quote:

Tier chart maker is up.

The sound keeps bugging out, but I'm finding the netcode pretty good actually, has actually been playable with people that I couldn't play sf4 or kof with because it was too laggy.

I have 3 cartons of this and it's not selling as much as I thought it would, hope it starts picking up over the weekend

[this message was edited by Zepy on Thu 8 Mar 03:22]

Pollyanna
3203th Post

"Re(2):SF x Tekken" , posted Thu 8 Mar 04:35:post reply

quote:

I had heard about the sound glitch before I played, but I didn't expect to get it every single round. Actually, I didn't have a single decent fight, even with the "best" connections. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but what I experienced was dramatically worse than SF4 or MVC3. The general inability to do anything properly resulted in time overs every single match in my case and with the people I was watching as well. I wish there was something I could try to figure out what's wrong.

I like the game itself, though. It's accessible without being shallow and the combo system is very intuitive. You still have your crazy links like SF3/4, but even if you haven't practiced for hours, you can guess that any character will have a chain->EX move wall bounce->juggle.

I'm delighted by the wealth of attacks that many of the Tekken characters have. As of yet, I don't play a single SF character. Having a fighter with so many completely new play styles is really nice and a lot of the Tekken characters are "my type".

The game feels a bit like a mix of SF and KOF to me. Maybe it's the "weight" of the characters being lower than SF and the speed being a bit higher. The flow of attacks feels more "KOF-ish" to me, too. Still, since you can't roll, run or hop, projectiles and anti-airs are still effective.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 8 Mar 04:38]

Professor
3400th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Daigo Umehara publishing his own book" , posted Thu 8 Mar 14:28:post reply

http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/books/detail/_isbn_9784098251322

For a moment, I thought it was some sort of a joke. But damn, it's for real.

Titled "The Power to keep on Winning"
256 pages
Release date April 2

The books covers everything about Daigo Umehara as the world's top professional gamer and it's about his philosophy on life rather than videogames. This books is for anyone that wants to know about Daigo's way of thinking, like

"I always think about how to level myself up"
"You can't get better without changing"
"I pick games with the most rivals on purpose" .

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 8 Mar 14:29]

sibarraz
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Daigo Umehara publishing his own book" , posted Thu 8 Mar 21:53post reply

quote:
http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/books/detail/_isbn_9784098251322

For a moment, I thought it was some sort of a joke. But damn, it's for real.

Titled "The Power to keep on Winning"
256 pages
Release date April 2

The books covers everything about Daigo Umehara as the world's top professional gamer and it's about his philosophy on life rather than videogames. This books is for anyone that wants to know about Daigo's way of thinking, like

"You can't get better without changing"
"I pick games with the most rivals on purpose" .

mmm, those seems like the generics phrases that are applied on everything from life when you need to ''step up'' there a re guys who will take it as a bible and yet not doing anything being told there

It would have been cooler if he told experiences from his arcades days, I had curiosity on how things were in the older days in japan, plus another situations who gave him a good laugh, or things like that

Ishmael
4332th Post

"Re(2):Daigo Umehara publishing his own book" , posted Fri 9 Mar 00:14post reply

Here's to hoping they fix the sound on SFxT soon because it is really distracting. I knew it was bad when Yoshimitsu sounded strange and distorted.

quote:
It would have been cooler if he told experiences from his arcades days, I had curiosity on how things were in the older days in japan, plus another situations who gave him a good laugh, or things like that

The thought processing centers of Daigo have yet to fully translate these so-called "emotions" that earthlings feel.

But what is Daigo, or Daigo's ghost writer, going to talk about for 250 pages? Since someone in the publishing world is crazy enough to put this book out I'm hoping someone else is crazy enough to translate it into English since my curiosity would compel me to pick up this curio of a title.

Freeter
4561th Post

"the kindle...is UNLEASHED" , posted Fri 9 Mar 01:58post reply

quote:

Why am I now picturing Daigo getting into random encounters everywhere he goes and large FF fanfare music playing in the background?

Gojira
2831th Post

"Re(3):SF x Tekken" , posted Fri 9 Mar 20:12post reply

A clean look at all of the alt costumes

I actually like a lot of the thirds (especially King's).

Ishmael
4335th Post

"Re(4):SF x Tekken" , posted Sat 10 Mar 01:53post reply

quote:
A clean look at all of the alt costumes

I actually like a lot of the thirds (especially King's).

I had no interest in the alt costumes before but a lot of these are neat. How is Asuka's bosozoku style jacket going to work in the game? True, Iincho wore a jacket the same way but she wasn't nearly as athletic as Asuka is. The Bryan/Urien mash-up is the stuff of nightmares so I guess that makes it good?

karasu99
872th Post

"Re(5):SF x Tekken" , posted Sat 10 Mar 03:42post reply

quote:

I had no interest in the alt costumes before but a lot of these are neat. How is Asuka's bosozoku style jacket going to work in the game? True, Iincho wore a jacket the same way but she wasn't nearly as athletic as Asuka is. The Bryan/Urien mash-up is the stuff of nightmares so I guess that makes it good?

Well, and it's also interesting to try and decide what they're referencing, as has previously been mentioned. Juri's and Bob's thirds, for instance-- I have no idea whatsoever, even though I think they're great. I am a little bit sad that all of the game's secrets have been rendered up so quickly though!

www.secret-arts.com

mbisonhatclub
461th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):SF x Tekken" , posted Sat 10 Mar 14:51post reply

quote:
I am a little bit sad that all of the game's secrets have been rendered up so quickly though!
You shouldn't be so surprised however, especially after all the things companies have been pulling lately, only inspiring data miners to act more expediently so

Nekros
420th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):SF x Tekken" , posted Sat 10 Mar 22:43:post reply

Got the game early this week, but started playing seriously today. I really like it, for now.
Gameplay flows well, not sluggish as SF nor bouncy like Tekken. It reminds me a lot the late 90s Capcom games, has bits of Justice Gakuen (crazy tags), Darkstalkers (chains) and Marvel Super Heroes (improved Gem system). Even the music is more retro-oriented than the usual (SFIV has very good remixes, but most tunes have a "modern" vibe), making most of the game a reminder of the golden era and a new product as well. Is clevery done, imho!
I like how the Tekken characters are integrated in the gameplay and I love the graphic style on those characters, it's not "theirs" but fits them a lot in the same way.
The game is very accessible and fun to play, is not immediate but you will get comfortable with it as soon as you play the training session, and familiarizing with mechanics and frames is very natural and not requires much study (at least at average levels).
Single player mode have poor content but is long enough to keep you busy while learning (benkyo! mode) while online is challenging and fun as SSFIV's.
I dind't find any major flaw till now, there are some roster choice I don't dig and I find Pandora Mode absolutely useless (but probably is just me that don't get to use it properly) but to me SFxT is a great game and one of the best fighters this generation.

Side note: not like so much the extra characters on PS3. The cats are fun to watch and have a very silly theme song but they're weak with a stamina that must be of Gouki's Grandma and are a pain to play online, even just for fun matches (even if the victory quotes of the characters fighting the cats are hylarious!). Cole is good to watch but not much interesting to play, is a zoning character on defence and a juggler character on attack. Quite strange, but have played him few times, maybe I had the wrong impression.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Sat 10 Mar 22:45]

Ishmael
4336th Post

"Re(8):SF x Tekken" , posted Sun 11 Mar 04:52post reply

quote:
I dind't find any major flaw till now, there are some roster choice I don't dig and I find Pandora Mode absolutely useless (but probably is just me that don't get to use it properly) but to me SFxT is a great game and one of the best fighters this generation.

So far the only thing I'm not liking is the gem system. Not because I think it's overpowered, but rather I find it cumbersome and not much fun to sort through. Customizing the characters is not a bad idea but it needs to be more streamlined like the TOP system in MotW. Perhaps some sort of graph of bonuses where you could adjust the parameters would be faster?

Otherwise I'm liking what SFxT is doing. I think having Tekken be so wildly different in playstyle actually helped the crossover. Instead of nitpicking the differences I'm treating them as what they are in this game and I find I enjoy playing them as a result.

It's funny, I'm looking forward to trying out Mega and Pac but I have yet to play or even look at Cole. I have some sort of mental block that won't let me even see him on the select screen.

Nekros
420th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):SF x Tekken" , posted Sun 11 Mar 05:09post reply

Little update after palying all day: the netcode has to be fixed. ASAP!

Terrible imput lag (sometimes don't even block, many moves input aren't recognized if done very fast), crazy sound bug that miss voices and effects, strange "zato mode" I would never see again in my life.
About this: I was normally plaing when suddenly the screen becomes dark, with the characters replaced by shadows you can barely see while sound and gameplay flows as normal. Is like playing blinded, seriously crazy. Anyone experienced this? No one in my player list noticed that, but I continue to ask around.

karasu99
875th Post

"Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Sun 11 Mar 05:20:post reply

This will be good for a laugh if it ends up being true!

PREDICTION: Every single person who plays fighting games will complain about and the go buy it anyway, regardless of the price.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Sun 11 Mar 05:22]

Nekros
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Sun 11 Mar 05:53post reply

quote:
This will be good for a laugh if it ends up being true!

PREDICTION: Every single person who plays fighting games will complain about and the go buy it anyway, regardless of the price.

Don't be fooled by this fake! It's obviuosly Street Fighter X Tekken 3, will follow the Vita version (the "2" in the series), with the missing characters from SFII as dlc :P
Is this a leak from that parallel universe?

Pollyanna
3204th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Sun 11 Mar 07:10post reply

Happy to see so much positivity from Nekros for once!

quote:
Net code

Capcom's explanation of the sound "glitch" gave me the impression that the game is suffering a bit by allowing 4 players to play at once. I don't just mean Scramble Mode...I mean the option to play as teams of 2, where it would still be registering 4 players at one time. It might be more complicated than that, but given the limited information I have, that seems like a logical conclusion. As such, I wish they would have it set up where you could forcibly play 1 on 1.

I did have better luck with lag when I played Ranked, but it takes so unreasonably long to find a match that I didn't stick with it for more than a few fights.

I hope Capcom's idea to trickle in content over an extended period will also give them time to re-evaluate some changes they could make the to net code.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Loona
532th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Sun 11 Mar 08:18post reply

I briefly checked /vg/'s fight game thread last nigh and found these interesting statements on the whole esports thing and Capcom's relationship with the competitive scene - apparently other versions of it got taken down, let's see how long this one lasts.

KTallguy
1361th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Mon 12 Mar 03:55:post reply

Wow that was a very interesting video. Funnily enough, Sega is 1000000x worse.

Edit: Ok apparently my friend says at least Sega tries a bit, where Capcom just sits and laughs at the fans trying to build a community around their game.

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Mon 12 Mar 07:29]

sibarraz
375th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Mon 12 Mar 10:03post reply

quote:

Edit: Ok apparently my friend says at least Sega tries a bit, where Capcom just sits and laughs at the fans trying to build a community around their game.

What does the video says? I can't understand that well what jared says plus is Jared, I can't stand him

GekigangerV
1743th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Mon 12 Mar 13:37post reply

quote:

What does the video says? I can't understand that well what jared says plus is Jared, I can't stand him

Just that Capcom hasn't done a good job of supporting community events or trying to make Street Fighter "professional" and when they do show up to tournaments they just want free marketing and focus testing on games in development.

I am not sure how old that was recorded, but Capcom has gotten better at throwing money into the scene. They recently had that atrocious to watch Cross Assault "reality show" with $25,000 going to NerdJosh and they said they will put $500,000 into the scene as well. I am not sure if the $25000 came out of that but that is still a lot of money to go around.

mbisonhatclub
463th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Tue 13 Mar 03:44post reply

quote:

Just that Capcom hasn't done a good job of supporting community events or trying to make Street Fighter "professional" and when they do show up to tournaments they just want free marketing and focus testing on games in development.

I am not sure how old that was recorded, but Capcom has gotten better at throwing money into the scene. They recently had that atrocious to watch Cross Assault "reality show" with $25,000 going to NerdJosh and they said they will put $500,000 into the scene as well. I am not sure if the $25000 came out of that but that is still a lot of money to go around.

Actually I think they've gotten better at throwing more money into that them fighting game scene and marketting than they have into actual game production

KTallguy
1361th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):UMvC3 Rebout?" , posted Tue 13 Mar 07:44post reply

quote:
Actually I think they've gotten better at throwing more money into that them fighting game scene and marketting than they have into actual game production

Well, they are releasing large fighting games fairly recently, I mean look at SF4, MvC3, Tatsunoko, and now SFvT. I don't really care for Marvel, but they are creating a ton of content!

Professor
3402th Post

MMCafe Owner

"SFXT Netcode, etc" , posted Fri 16 Mar 23:36post reply

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/03/16_6889.html

According to the latest blog, the developers are going to be "changing the specs" of the netcode so that the sound issues will be improved. That sounds very interesting. More details will be released later, hopefully with the release schedule announced during April.

Infinite combos will be patched.

Also, some sort of additional content announcement will be made on the 20th, live on Capcommunity.

Ishmael
4340th Post

"Doll or Alive" , posted Sat 17 Mar 01:55post reply

quote:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/03/16_6889.html

According to the latest blog, the developers are going to be "changing the specs" of the netcode so that the sound issues will be improved. That sounds very interesting. More details will be released later, hopefully with the release schedule announced during April.

Since it seems the sound issues are related to trying to get four players online at once it makes me wonder how much that aspect of the game is actually being used.

Early DoA5 videos are being released. I appreciate that they are trying to update the character models a bit but, sheesh, what happened to Hitomi?

Gieflos
76th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: PooplosZ

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Doll or Alive" , posted Sat 17 Mar 02:29post reply

quote:
Early DoA5 videos are being released. I appreciate that they are trying to update the character models a bit but, sheesh, what happened to Hitomi?

Yeesh! Whatever they're fighting over must be pretty serious to create such a disaster! The background interactions have been pretty innocent up to this point, surely there were casualties.

sibarraz
376th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Doll or Alive" , posted Sat 17 Mar 02:37post reply

quote:

Yeesh! Whatever they're fighting over must be pretty serious to create such a disaster! The background interactions have been pretty innocent up to this point, surely there were casualties.

This must be my favorite version of hitomi

Grave
1440th Post

"SFxT peoples?" , posted Sat 17 Mar 08:16post reply

Every match I've tried to play online has totally sucked but I'm willing to try if anyone here has it! I'm only gonna have it for another week or so at the most so we should play soon.

Iggy
9325th Post

"Re(1):SFxT peoples?" , posted Sat 17 Mar 11:01post reply

quote:
Every match I've tried to play online has totally sucked but I'm willing to try if anyone here has it! I'm only gonna have it for another week or so at the most so we should play soon.

In term of opponent or in term of connexion? From this side of the atlantic, intra-western Europe has been perfect for the moment.
It hasn't protected me from the waves of All-black-Ryu-and-dark-haired-Ken.

Maou
2322th Post

"Re(1):Doll or Alive" , posted Sat 17 Mar 15:05:post reply

quote:
sheesh, what happened to Hitomi?

Hi, Hitomi...when did you become so...white? I know I (we) was complaining about the anime doll look of DOA and how it lacked any underlying hand-drawn character design to be approximated in a more modern way with modern graphics but. But. But. That is pretty weird-lookin', especially for the "main" character of the series. Not very much bouncing, either, for better or for worse (probably worse).

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 17 Mar 15:06]

Amakusa
906th Post

"Re(1):Doll or Alive" , posted Sat 17 Mar 16:12post reply

quote:

She doesn't look too bad, just her eyes look like they're going to suck out your soul.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Gojira
2833th Post

"Re(2):Doll or Alive" , posted Sun 18 Mar 02:55post reply

Hitomi's stance looks like she's trying to do some kind of a jig. At the end of the second round especially. Has it always looked that silly?

Pollyanna
3208th Post

"Re(3):Doll or Alive" , posted Sun 18 Mar 03:28post reply

I'll save my "you can't appreciate real beauty!" Hitomi rant after all the other characters have been revealed if people are complaining about less boob and more interesting faces (okay, okay, she's funny looking, but I love her). I hope we have one or two characters with super boobs (instead of everyone), but...

quote:
Not very much bouncing, either, for better or for worse (probably worse).

The breast animation is the cheapest variety, with just sort of...wobbly clothing. I'm grateful for something more subtle than the previous games, but I'd like something more realistic, too. Here's hoping this gets improved upon. They could learn a lesson from SCV, where breasts of varying sizes are all represented fairly well in and out of motion.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
9327th Post

"Re(4):Doll or Alive" , posted Sun 18 Mar 05:56post reply

quote:
The breast animation is the cheapest variety, with just sort of...wobbly clothing. I'm grateful for something more subtle than the previous games, but I'd like something more realistic, too. Here's hoping this gets improved upon.

I think the team who spent the most time on boob physics in a current generation fighter is the SFxT team on Poison.
I really get the feeling they went out of their way not to portrait realistic boobs, but to portrait realistic fake boobs. I have never seen to pockets of silicon move so fluently and self-aware ever.

mbisonhatclub
464th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Doll or Alive" , posted Sun 18 Mar 07:15post reply

quote:
The breast animation is the cheapest variety, with just sort of...wobbly clothing. I'm grateful for something more subtle than the previous games, but I'd like something more realistic, too. Here's hoping this gets improved upon.
I think the team who spent the most time on boob physics in a current generation fighter is the SFxT team on Poison.
I really get the feeling they went out of their way not to portrait realistic boobs, but to portrait realistic fake boobs. I have never seen to pockets of silicon move so fluently and self-aware ever.

But fake boobs don't have any jiggle motion. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Iggy
9328th Post

"Re(6):Doll or Alive" , posted Mon 19 Mar 00:38post reply

quote:
But fake boobs don't have any jiggle motion. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Damn it!
They are the most realistic bra-filled-with-oranges-kinda-boobs I've ever seen!

Ishmael
4343th Post

"Re(7):Doll or Alive" , posted Mon 19 Mar 04:17post reply

I think part of the problem might be that the facial animation possibly hasn't been included. This is okay for Kasumi and Ayane since they have one stock expression (doe eyed innocent and slighty bitchy, respectively) that they use most of the time. But without any animation on her face Hitomi ends up looking like Dopey from Disney's version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. At least I hope the issue is as easily correctable as that.

Just a Person
1515th Post

"Re(8):Doll or Alive" , posted Tue 20 Mar 21:36post reply

quote:
I think part of the problem might be that the facial animation possibly hasn't been included. This is okay for Kasumi and Ayane since they have one stock expression (doe eyed innocent and slighty bitchy, respectively) that they use most of the time. But without any animation on her face Hitomi ends up looking like Dopey from Disney's version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. At least I hope the issue is as easily correctable as that.

Personally, I don't think Hitomi looks that bad. But yeah, facial expressions will probably be improved by the final build of the game; I remember reading an interview with DoA5's producer where he admits that this is still a very early beta version, because they wanted to figure out what should be improved and have enough time to properly implement these improvements.

That kinda reminds me of Street Fighter IV, although the problem there wasn't with facial animations, but with Chun-Li's face... how many times was her face changed until the game was released?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
4345th Post

"Re(9):Doll or Alive" , posted Tue 20 Mar 23:29post reply

quote:
That kinda reminds me of Street Fighter IV, although the problem there wasn't with facial animations, but with Chun-Li's face... how many times was her face changed until the game was released?

I had forgotten about those early SF4 heads. Forget about making new costumes for Ryu, one of his alts should be that freaky, punch-drunk head he had during the beta instead.

In keeping with the spirit of DoA, when promoting their collaboration with Godsgarden Capcom went with the old reliable idea that sex sells.

karasu99
877th Post

"Re(10):Doll or Alive" , posted Wed 21 Mar 17:55post reply

Looks like Mayonaka Arena is getting some new folks. Well, at least one new and one newly playable. I'm really excited about this game-- the aesthetics are wonderful!

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1365th Post

"Re(2):Doll or Alive" , posted Thu 22 Mar 03:25post reply

quote:

I've watched quite a bit of footage, and the backgrounds really impress me. I'm not a huge fan of DOA mechanics (haha) but I'm warming up to the series. I really like how the arenas are interactive, the camera movement in certain scenes, how you can knock people into cars with supers, how everyone has a very unique attack when the opponent falls off the ledge... there's a ton of love put into the game.

There's two hours of demo footage here. But VF5FS is coming out in May? June? I'm excited for that, it's like meeting an old friend.

KTallguy
1365th Post

"Re(2):Doll or Alive" , posted Thu 22 Mar 03:25post reply

quote:

I've watched quite a bit of footage, and the backgrounds really impress me. I'm not a huge fan of DOA mechanics (haha) but I'm warming up to the series. I really like how the arenas are interactive, the camera movement in certain scenes, how you can knock people into cars with supers, how everyone has a very unique attack when the opponent falls off the ledge... there's a ton of love put into the game.

There's two hours of demo footage here. But VF5FS is coming out in May? June? I'm excited for that, it's like meeting an old friend.

karasu99
879th Post

"Re(3):Doll or Alive" , posted Thu 22 Mar 16:37post reply

quote:

I'm just happy that another decent fighting game series hasn't completely died. I was never a huge fan of DoA, although I recall Hardcore for the PS2 with some amount of fondness (I think it was my second game for the console), and I loved the Dreamcast version even more because of all the goofy options. I also like how wrestling characters actually feel a bit more like wrestlers than they sometimes do. But I seem to recall that 3 and especially 4 were steps back in terms of the overall engine). I think perhaps things like fighting engine may not have gotten as much funding between games as boob physics did.

In other fighting game news, .hack// gets a fighting game? Craziness.

www.secret-arts.com

KTallguy
1367th Post

"Re(4):Doll or Alive" , posted Fri 23 Mar 07:16post reply

quote:
I think perhaps things like fighting engine may not have gotten as much funding between games as boob physics did.

Possibly. I played DOA4 with my friend last night and it's not so... bad. Just there are some questionable decisions, like putting random objects around or having the environment get in the way of the fight a bit too much. DOA5 looks a lot better stylistically, there is less "bounce" and the environment stuff seems mostly visual. So I'm kind of interested!

quote:
In other fighting game news, .hack// gets a fighting game? Craziness.

Is this series really that popular?

Zepy
1581th Post

"Re(5):Aquapazza or Alive" , posted Fri 23 Mar 16:45post reply

Chizuru in Aquapazza

I can only think of one person here who might even be remotely interested in this, but Chizuru seems really similar to QOH! Also I don't understand why Aquapazza is in tougeki and not Blazblue, it's like they always need a kusoge in there to keep the balance.

karasu99
882th Post

"Re(6):Aquapazza or Alive" , posted Sat 24 Mar 05:54post reply

quote:
Chizuru in Aquapazza

I can only think of one person here who might even be remotely interested in this

I know you're not thinking of me, so I guess that makes two people! I'm really looking forward to Aquapazza console version!

www.secret-arts.com

Professor
3410th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Aquapazza or Alive" , posted Sat 24 Mar 06:28post reply

quote:
Chizuru in Aquapazza

I can only think of one person here who might even be remotely interested in this, but Chizuru seems really similar to QOH! Also I don't understand why Aquapazza is in tougeki and not Blazblue, it's like they always need a kusoge in there to keep the balance.

CHIZURU!!!! By lord she seem to play really similar to QOH like you've said, albiet with something sort of a Koyuu-kekkai Super, apparently. Gonna have to pick this up. Hope Ayaka's in there as a DLC or something.

Amakusa
907th Post

"Re(6):Aquapazza or Alive" , posted Sun 25 Mar 12:03post reply

quote:
Chizuru in Aquapazza

I have no idea what Aquapazza, but I do remember Chizuru. Of course the last time I played QOH seems like a lifetime ago.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Nekros
429th Post

Gold Customer

"Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Fri 30 Mar 01:09:post reply

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-29-yoshinori-ono-steps-down-as-street-fighter-producer-following-health-scare

Due to health conditions, Ono presses the pause button. Today he announced via Twitter that he will be replaced with someone else at Capcom's Japan while he takes recover.
Hope it's nothing serious but I'm afraid I'm wrong, we don't even know what really happened last weekend and why he was hospitalized in the first place. How old is he, btw?

[this message was edited by Nekros on Fri 30 Mar 01:10]

sibarraz
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Fri 30 Mar 02:20post reply

quote:
source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-29-yoshinori-ono-steps-down-as-street-fighter-producer-following-health-scare

Due to health conditions, Ono presses the pause button. Today he announced via Twitter that he will be replaced with someone else at Capcom's Japan while he takes recover.
Hope it's nothing serious but I'm afraid I'm wrong, we don't even know what really happened last weekend and why he was hospitalized in the first place. How old is he, btw?

hope that he gets better

karasu99
884th Post

"Re(1):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Fri 30 Mar 05:48post reply

quote:

Yes, here's hoping that Ono is okay. As much as I roll my eyes about his constant goofy behavior, I think he's become a good face for Capcom in general these days. As for his age... no clue, he could be in his thirties or his fifties based on his appearance.

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4351th Post

"Re(2):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Fri 30 Mar 10:37post reply

Funny, I'm not certain I've ever seen Ono's age listed anywhere. He started at Capcom in 1994 so he's maybe in his early forties?

Anyway, I hope he's okay. While his willingness to be the public face of Capcom of Japan's SF shop helped generate a great deal of discussion and press it also meant the poor guy had to attend every dog and pony show that had a console running a fighting game. I wouldn't be surprised if it all caught up with him.

Loona
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Wed 11 Apr 22:04post reply

New SFxT plot animations for the Vita version

There's also some artwork of the Vita/DLC character - is that Yun's sillouette?

Ishmael
4360th Post

"Re(4):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Wed 11 Apr 23:57post reply

quote:
New SFxT plot animations for the Vita version

I will take Yun only if Pyron, Saturn and the rest of Paul's opponents also make it in.

Nekros
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Thu 12 Apr 01:16post reply

quote:

Don't get too excited, the background is the same as a stage in-game that also features Yun, Yang and their girlfriends. I think it's a mere reference and nothing all.
However, is rumored that SFxT will have more dlc coming after the Vita version, including a new set of costumes and alternate version of stages (similar to MvC3 --> UMvC3). But is also stated some time ago that MAYBE (take this as not true, please) there will be more characters coming (hinted at 2 packs: one with FeiLong, Alex, Leo and Lee and another with E.Honda, Karin, Jaycee and Dragunov, plus a rumored boss pack with Gill and Jun Kazama).

mbisonhatclub
481th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Thu 12 Apr 01:21post reply

quote:
(take this as not true, please)
Already ahead of you on that, chief

Nekros
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Thu 12 Apr 01:37post reply

quote:
(take this as not true, please)Already ahead of you on that, chief

Too much shit on this game through rumors.
The costumes and the new stages are possible, though.

Loona
549th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Thu 12 Apr 02:49post reply

quote:

Don't get too excited, the background is the same as a stage in-game that also features Yun, Yang and their girlfriends. I think it's a mere reference and nothing all.

I'm not expecting Yun nor do I give a damn, it's just a really puzzling association, there's nothing tying those 2 charcters together other than "they're both in SSF4AE" - at least the aliens in the Paul pic were a reference to an ending of his. Before I read the Yun specilation I was cracking my head thinking of a Final Fight character taht might fit the shape, and Jessica Haggar didn't quite fit.

As a fun tidbit, the screen Blanka holds on to in the new animation reports food poisoning at El Fuerte's restaurant and Mike Haggar becoming mayor of New York (what'll happen to Metro City? my hopes for a CvS3 like to think that Geese moves in).

mbisonhatclub
482th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Ono takes a break as SF producer" , posted Thu 12 Apr 04:21post reply

quote:
Too much shit on this game through rumors.
The costumes and the new stages are possible, though.

I hope they include a patch that makes the game actually fun to play, but I'm glad they're worried more about my concerns over feng shui than anything relevant to gameplay

Mosquiton
1813th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Ono isn't really taking break as SF producer" , posted Fri 13 Apr 14:37post reply

I keep seeing this quoted and it's kind of irritating, but according to my friend Ono was chilling out in Rome at Capcom's Captivate last week and he was never really "stepping back" more than taking a few days off.

Apparently a poor translation is partially to blame here. I'm kind of surprised nobody else here mentioned this yet, but yeah, he appears to be doing fine at the moment.

/ / /

Nekros
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Ono isn't really taking break as SF pro" , posted Fri 13 Apr 16:47:post reply

quote:
I keep seeing this quoted and it's kind of irritating, but according to my friend Ono was chilling out in Rome at Capcom's Captivate last week and he was never really "stepping back" more than taking a few days off.

Apparently a poor translation is partially to blame here. I'm kind of surprised nobody else here mentioned this yet, but yeah, he appears to be doing fine at the moment.

I did know he was in Rome and apparently fine. SFxT is a game he produced so if he can support it in any way he's in charge to do it, because he's, well, the producer. It's uncertain if Ono will take this role in future games, I don't think Capcom would fire him. I personally think he's better than Inafune (that actually did NOTHING) while handling the fighting franchises.
The thing I'm a bit puzzled is how we didn't know the reason why he was hospitalized. I'm in the health branch, and in similar cases where no info is shared is often a result of greater problems than just stress or fatigue. I mean, if it was really nothing serious, everyone should have known, for sure. And was Ono himself that tweeted that leaves the main stage for a while and the producer of SFxT Vita is now Tomoaki Ayano as seen at Captivate.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Fri 13 Apr 21:52]

Professor
3454th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Ono isn't really taking break as SF pro" , posted Mon 16 Apr 21:55post reply

Yeah, it's a good question as to his health condition. Maybe he was hospitalized for going insane. If he's sane to begin with.. ..nah.

Humm, 150 threads seems long enough, time for new thread.

>> Go to next thread