Ishmael
4205th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Fighter Musings Re-Bout" , posted Fri 9 Sep 22:39post reply

The last thread was getting a bit puffy so it may be time to move on.

I know Gojira mentioned this already, but some more SFxT teasers came out.

One loves to wear tight, revealing outfits and long boots that show lots of leg.

The other one is Lili.

In other news, there's a new Guilty Gear game... sort of. Not really.

Replies:

Megane
545th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Fighter Musings Re-Bout" , posted Sat 10 Sep 01:31post reply

quote:
The last thread was getting a bit puffy so it may be time to move on.

I know Gojira mentioned this already, but some more SFxT teasers came out.

One loves to wear tight, revealing outfits and long boots that show lots of leg.

The other one is Lili.

In other news, there's a new Guilty Gear game... sort of. Not really.

Chances of R.Mika being Gief's partner = X%

Solve for X.

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Pollyanna
3112th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(2):Fighter Musings Re-Bout" , posted Sat 10 Sep 05:40post reply

The mysterious new gauge and crazy angle shots on Ono's twitter make me think we'll have Ultra moves in SFxT now. I liked Ultras in SF4 and since the supers in SFxT are lacking flair, this would be a welcome addition.

That game is getting pretty crowded with big throw characters. I just hope they're not useless (as they sometimes tend to be).

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
380th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Fighter Musings Re-Bout" , posted Sat 10 Sep 07:40post reply

quote:
The mysterious new gauge and crazy angle shots on Ono's twitter make me think we'll have Ultra moves in SFxT now. I liked Ultras in SF4 and since the supers in SFxT are lacking flair, this would be a welcome addition.

That game is getting pretty crowded with big throw characters. I just hope they're not useless (as they sometimes tend to be).

>liking comeback mechanics
>2011
ishygddt

The fact that this game has a good number of grappler/throw types makes this quite a unique game in Capcom's catalog. If it had Haggar and Alex, it'd come pretty damn close to another Saturday Night Slammasters.

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Digitalboy
759th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: JestingGenie99(automatednamecreatedbyXBL)

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Fighter Musings Re-Bout" , posted Sat 10 Sep 14:45post reply

Capcom has answered my desires for Zangief and Hugo to be in the same game and now this:
quote:
If it had Haggar and Alex, it'd come pretty damn close to another Saturday Night Slammasters.

DLC if anything.

C'mon Capcom! Make it happen!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

TheRedKnight
325th Post

PSN: yes
XBL: no
Wii: no

Bronze Customer

"Hipster Musings Re-Bout?" , posted Sat 10 Sep 17:26post reply

quote:

I don't even.. What?

Why I left my hobbies.

Professor
3233th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Blazblue CS Extend trailer" , posted Mon 12 Sep 21:36post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-uWl765M6k

It's already been made public about a week back, but here's the summary on this upcoming winter release.

-Slated for Vita, PS3, and 360
-All DLC content from past release are included in the game
-Calamity Trigger scenarios refined and added in
-PS3 and Vita can share save data
-Relius Clover added in
-New scenarios for Relius, Valkenhein, Makoto, Platinum
-New online elements included; allows for 2on2, 3on3 battle. Also some weird battles like 2 on 4.
-An enhanced abyss mode.
-Training mode allows for multiple recordings and random playback.
-Unlimitedmars Mode from arcade is included; challenge 10 stages of unlimited cpu opponents.

Megane
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 01:32post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVe-em3241k

Ishmael
4206th Post

"Re(1):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 01:57post reply

quote:

Battle of the Bulge!

Toxico
5463th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron

"Re(2):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 13:44post reply

I loved how the characters completely lack casual clothes and go drinking at night dressed on Karate gis or disguised as an Indian.

For something different, poison your mind with some Aquaplaza (or whatever), these are Acho vids so 50< mins in length are in order Vid 1 Vid 2

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 23 as of 25/10/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 22 as of 10/01/11

Megane
548th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 14:51post reply

quote:
I loved how the characters completely lack casual clothes and go drinking at night dressed on Karate gis or disguised as an Indian.

For something different, poison your mind with some Aquaplaza (or whatever), these are Acho vids so 50< mins in length are in order Vid 1 Vid 2

Bob was even washing his hands with his gloves on.

mbisonhatclub
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 17:13post reply

You guys are slow

Gieflos
60th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: PooplosZ

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 17:22post reply

What's with the evil shadows in all the portraits?

Maou
2249th Post

"Re(6):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 17:34post reply

quote:

Maybe having like all of Mad Gear in the game now is bringing out the darkness in people. I'm so excited to see Poison, Hugo, and Rolento all in a row. If Haggar joined Cody and Guy, what could be better?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Loona
461th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Gold Customer

"Re(6):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 18:20post reply

quote:

Hints at Shadaloo-brainwashed boss versions or something?...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Nekros
391th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Blazblue CS Extend trailer" , posted Tue 13 Sep 18:40post reply

quote:

Didn't get this. Is not CS be supposed to happen after CT? You will play both story modes or just the old one with new twists for the new characters?

Also, very happy about the leaked list of SxT chars being false...If you notice recent Capcom characters seems to match the early announced Tekken characters (King-Gief, Bob-Rufus); if this continues so we have left a grappler to match Marduk (Alex, Mika or Hakan), a girl to match Julia (Elena, Makoto or Karin) and someone to match Hwoarang (Juri? Remy?).

Professor
3235th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Blazblue CS Extend trailer" , posted Tue 13 Sep 19:04post reply

quote:

Didn't get this. Is not CS be supposed to happen after CT? You will play both story modes or just the old one with new twists for the new characters?

I think it means that it includes both CS and CT (so it's like an all-in-one thing).

Nekros
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 20:38post reply

quote:

Hints at Shadaloo-brainwashed boss versions or something?...

Most likely some dlc-related stuff (evil costumes/tweaks or shadowLOO mode)

Just a Person
1503th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Tue 13 Sep 23:10post reply

quote:
Battle of the Bulge!

I really hope that Rufus is in this game (his presence in the trailer seems to indicate so, but one can never know for sure...); a Rufus/Bob tag-team would be reason enough to buy it!

And I'm not even a good player with either of them, but just for comedic value, it would be awesome!

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Ishmael
4210th Post

"Re(6):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Wed 14 Sep 00:34post reply

quote:

I'm guessing it has something to do with the still unexplained second bar. When Bob went into shadow mode during his plate tossing antics I thought it was just a joke. Perhaps he was actually using part of the game engine. Hopefully we will find out more during the presentation at TGS.

While I like that everyone -minus Zangief and Lili- now has their super and tags posted all those shadows behind them are a bit creepy. Now I really want Ms. Kasugano to make it into the game so Dark Sakura can finally return.

karasu99
745th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

"Re(7):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Wed 14 Sep 03:08post reply

quote:
I'm guessing it has something to do with the still unexplained second bar. When Bob went into shadow mode during his plate tossing antics I thought it was just a joke. Perhaps he was actually using part of the game engine. Hopefully we will find out more during the presentation at TGS.

While I like that everyone -minus Zangief and Lili- now has their super and tags posted all those shadows behind them are a bit creepy. Now I really want Ms. Kasugano to make it into the game so Dark Sakura can finally return.

Maybe they're the Jack versions of the whole cast!

I'd personally really enjoy the joke if they were intended to be 'dark' versions of everyone, but yeah, I'm guessing it's related to that second bar as well.

www.secret-arts.com

Gojira
2788th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(8):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Wed 14 Sep 05:06post reply

When did they start showing super + cross arts on the character pages? Have I just been blind until now or did they just recently add them?

Gieflos
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):K-KEN, MAHSTAHSUU" , posted Wed 14 Sep 07:29post reply

quote:

EX versions, maybe? Just probably an excuse to give the Tekken side projectiles.

Toxico
5466th Post

"Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 10:53post reply

No comment - Nico...

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Pollyanna
3120th Post

"Re(1):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 11:13:post reply

Pandora Mode is...already something...in something else. I guess when you sacrifice your partner you'll get as much gauge/time as they had life...?

But jeez, that was stupid of me, wondering if they were going to have Ultras. I had completely forgotten that it changes the camera angle when you do the double moves. The fact that I've never seen anyone do one of those in an actual fight threw me.

2 vs 2 should be lots of fun for parties and such. I'm sure it's a disaster from a balance perspective, but I bet it'll be lots of funnnnn.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Wed 14 Sep 11:23]

mbisonhatclub
384th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 15:26post reply

Delicious Eventhubs tears

Loona
462th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 18:39post reply

quote:
Pandora Mode is...already something...in something else. I guess when you sacrifice your partner you'll get as much gauge/time as they had life...?
(...)
2 vs 2 should be lots of fun for parties and such. I'm sure it's a disaster from a balance perspective, but I bet it'll be lots of funnnnn.

Looking good - I thought the shadows that were added to the portraits yesterday were plot/boss versions, but it's nice to see that in the gameplay, and the aesthetics of Pandora mode, intentionally or not, bring to mind the Shadow characters from MSHvSF and MvC.

Being able to team-up and play cooperatively instead of making the game exclusively competitive could do wonders for the game and the genre, if more companies take that route - it's nice to see a fighting game engine for once enabling something resembling a mentorship mode.

Nekros
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 21:23post reply

quote:
(...)

Looking good - I thought the shadows that were added to the portraits yesterday were plot/boss versions, but it's nice to see that in the gameplay, and the aesthetics of Pandora mode, intentionally or not, bring to mind the Shadow characters from MSHvSF and MvC.

Being able to team-up and play cooperatively instead of making the game exclusively competitive could do wonders for the game and the genre, if more companies take that route - it's nice to see a fighting game engine for once enabling something resembling a mentorship mode.

The new modes are AWESOME, except that chaotic brawl free-for-all (GG Isuka related?).
Pandora mode is a good addition, better choice than x-factor and more similar to BOSS mode in Senko No Ronde.
But the cooperative gameplay is fantastic, and really a bit of fresh air in the genre. I'm more and more interested to this game every new feature is presented. I hope for a co-op arcade mode or local co-op versus battle too.

Ishmael
4211th Post

"Re(3):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 21:49post reply

Pandora mode is interesting. The strategy to almost all team fighters has been about sacrificing one or more characters so the entire team can advance. What would KoF be without the point man getting his ass kicked for the sake of whittling down the other team and building meter? Pandora mode appears to be a distillation of that mindset. That, and I like the idea that Chun-Li is cheerfully waiting for just the right moment to bash in her partner's skull for a quick power boost.

quote:

Now I want a Vita.

In other news, Vergil and Iron Fist have been announced. Iron Fist looks like Kuradoberi Jam while Vergil looks like he will be on a lot of UMvC3 teams in the future.

Professor
3238th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Wed 14 Sep 22:20:post reply

Haa Rolento, finally!

Tokyo arcade guide has been updated since Safari is no longer the mecca of SF4. I was out for a short time today with a fellow bbs member to the arcades. With Tougeki/SBO just two days away, Shinjuku's Taito was like a hellhouse of top players. Daigo, Mago, Itabashi Zangief, Ryan Hart, Mike Ross, Filipino Champ were there, to name a few. The place was smoke infested like hell.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 14 Sep 22:25]

Just a Person
1505th Post

"Re(4):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Thu 15 Sep 00:45post reply

quote:
Pandora mode is interesting. The strategy to almost all team fighters has been about sacrificing one or more characters so the entire team can advance. What would KoF be without the point man getting his ass kicked for the sake of whittling down the other team and building meter? Pandora mode appears to be a distillation of that mindset. That, and I like the idea that Chun-Li is cheerfully waiting for just the right moment to bash in her partner's skull for a quick power boost.

Now I want a Vita.

These new characters for SF X Tekken are... interesting. Unexpected.

They may turn out to be really cool, but if Capcom wanted to add mascots to the Vita, I guess I'd prefer RockMan (the original one) and Pac-Man.

As for Pandora Mode... creepy. But cool, nevertheless!

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Evenor
752th Post

PSN: missantroop

"Re(5):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Thu 15 Sep 00:59post reply

According to Capcom-Unity once Pandora mode ends the remaining character also dies. High risk high reward!

drink from me and live forever

Loona
463th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Thu 15 Sep 01:29post reply

I wonder if Pandora mode will be available in Scramble/simultaneous mode - and if so, who would get to activate it (in the default mode you use it while controlling the sacrificed character).

Ishmael
4212th Post

"Re(6):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Thu 15 Sep 01:38post reply

quote:
According to Capcom-Unity once Pandora mode ends the remaining character also dies. High risk high reward!

Now that's a commitment! I wonder if Pandora mode is going to be like the custom combo mode from the Alpha/Zero games. Unless this features the speed to get in and a very fast activation people are going to run away the second the other player triggers. But even if Pandora mode has optimal conditions the player better make certain they have their 100% death combo down pat because one mistake is going to cost you the round. It's going to be fun watching people try to figure out how to work with this mechanic.

Speaking of life or death, Dead or Alive 5 has been announced. However, none of the girls have been shown yet so there's nothing much worth paying attention to.

Gieflos
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Pandora mode? ¬¬" , posted Thu 15 Sep 04:31post reply

quote:

Now everyone can be Dark Phoenix!

sfried
709th Post

Wii: 8963437745913552

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Thu 15 Sep 07:29post reply

I am still intruiged by what this game is all about. I have faith in Matrix Software making a nice game, but why the rebranding? It still makes references to the "Warrior of Light" or perhaps S-E thinks it can carve up new IPs after the whole "3rd Birthday is not Parasite Eve" shenanigans.

Pollyanna
3121th Post

"Re(8):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Thu 15 Sep 07:38:post reply

EDIT:
Persona 4 Fighter footage.

Looks to play a lot like the Basara fighter, but I was quite impressed by the character animations. I thought it would look kind of "cheap", but there's a lot of love put into it and the characters are lively. Menus and such look nice, too.

quote:
I am still intruiged by what this game is all about. I have faith in Matrix Software making a nice game, but why the rebranding? It still makes references to the "Warrior of Light" or perhaps S-E thinks it can carve up new IPs after the whole "3rd Birthday is not Parasite Eve" shenanigans.

Psssst...this is the fighting game topic.

Still...wow, that background looks incredible.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 15 Sep 14:59]

Ishmael
4213th Post

"Re(9):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Thu 15 Sep 22:19post reply

quote:
To be fair, DoA has been mentioned so there's already a pretty loose definition in this thread of what constitutes a fighting game. Speaking of DoA, I've heard that one of the new features of DoA5 is real time sweating. I feel I should make a joke here but I have no idea what to say to that one.

In non-perspiration news, a new SC5 trailer featuring the latest cast updates has been released.

Zepy
1569th Post

"Re(9):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Thu 15 Sep 23:24post reply

I played some P4U today, it's actually surprisingly beginner friendly! I thought every character would be hard to use like zato but it was actually easy to pick up.

Anyway stuff I noticed:
Game speed seems more like GGX than BB

I'm already finding easy 30% to 40% damage combos with Chie on my first play, never managed to get comfortable that quickly on BB or GGX (for my level of play that is, I still don't know how to play BB)

Combos with the persona is pretty easy to do, just press C or D and the persona appears and attacks, can easily do a sandwich too, they've got pretty fast air dashes

I got hit by Kanji and got paralyzed and my character stood there and I couldnt move but could still attack

Also the people playing P4U actually know how to play fighting games! So annoying that at both E3 and TGS i'd play sfxtekken and not a single person knows how to play fighting games and they just twirl the joystick

also I couldn't do ibuki's crossover kunai and all her target combos are gone and I have no idea what she's supposed to do in sfxtekken

Professor
3240th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Fri 16 Sep 01:53post reply

quote:
I played some P4U today, it's actually surprisingly beginner friendly! I thought every character would be hard to use like zato but it was actually easy to pick up.

Anyway stuff I noticed:
Great to hear that P4U was fun. Too bad Naoto's still in development-- it seems like the game is ground-based and isn't as combo intense as Arc's previous titles, would that be a safe assumption?

quote:
also I couldn't do ibuki's crossover kunai and all her target combos are gone and I have no idea what she's supposed to do in sfxtekken
Sacrifitial bait for Pandora Good question.

nobinobita
985th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Fri 16 Sep 02:25post reply

quote:

Anyway stuff I noticed:

I'm already finding easy 30% to 40% damage combos with Chie on my first play, never managed to get comfortable that quickly on BB or GGX (for my level of play that is, I still don't know how to play BB)

Combos with the persona is pretty easy to do, just press C or D and the persona appears and attacks, can easily do a sandwich too, they've got pretty fast air dashes

I got hit by Kanji and got paralyzed and my character stood there and I couldnt move but could still attack

Also the people playing P4U actually know how to play fighting games! So annoying that at both E3 and TGS i'd play sfxtekken and not a single person knows how to play fighting games and they just twirl the joystick

10 Minutes of P4U footage!

I wonder if this game will turn more people on to fighting games.

www.art-eater.com

sfried
711th Post

"Re(9):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Fri 16 Sep 02:30post reply

quote:

Oh...um...

They're really trying to push Tekken vs Street Fighter subliminaly.

karasu99
750th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Fri 16 Sep 02:50:post reply

quote:

Hooooo, it looks really great! I love Kanji's chair's animations!

I don't know if this will get more people to play fighting games or not, although I'd like to think it will. I guess it depends in part on how many P4 fans who try it don't already play fighting games.

Wow, they really kept the whole P4 aesthetic! Awesome!

Edit: Oho, and the backgrounds look really nice as well (the hallway was the one I especially liked)! I assume they're done in 3D like BlazBlue's or am I mistaken?

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 16 Sep 02:55]

nobinobita
987th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Fri 16 Sep 05:08:post reply

quote:

Hooooo, it looks really great! I love Kanji's chair's animations!

I don't know if this will get more people to play fighting games or not, although I'd like to think it will. I guess it depends in part on how many P4 fans who try it don't already play fighting games.

Wow, they really kept the whole P4 aesthetic! Awesome!

Edit: Oho, and the backgrounds look really nice as well (the hallway was the one I especially liked)! I assume they're done in 3D like BlazBlue's or am I mistaken?

I love his super where he simply throws his chair!

Game's looking great. Love the hallway bg. Definitely 3d, but most of the lighting and detail is hand painted into the textures with little reliance on a lighting engine for shading. I am a HUGE fan of this approach.

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Fri 16 Sep 05:16]

maese
651th Post

"Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game titles" , posted Fri 16 Sep 18:37post reply

quote:

In non-perspiration news, a new SC5 trailer featuring the latest cast updates has been released.

I want to believe, but this is starting to get annoying... What's the point of making a time shift if everybody (except maybe Siegfried and Patroklos) looks exactly the same as 17 years ago or is a carbon-copy of a previous character? Tekken 3 at least made you feel like some *time* and *things* had passed since the 2 previous tournaments...

Ishmael
4215th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Fri 16 Sep 22:47post reply

quote:

I suspect this game will bring in about as many Persona fans as SBX brought in Basara fans. The footage did, however, make me want to borrow a friend's copy of Persona 4 so there's that.

quote:
I want to believe, but this is starting to get annoying... What's the point of making a time shift if everybody (except maybe Siegfried and Patroklos) looks exactly the same as 17 years ago or is a carbon-copy of a previous character? Tekken 3 at least made you feel like some *time* and *things* had passed since the 2 previous tournaments...

I've heard rumors that the crystal girl is Amy after a growth spurt but we shall see. But, yeah, this time jump is turning out to be a lot like weaker aspects of the shift in Tekken where Michelle Chang and Marshall Law more or less cloned themselves.

In other news, Haggar, Sodom, and the Mad Gear are off doing their own thing in SFxT. I didn't realize that Kabuki was so popular in Metro City.

karasu99
750th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sat 17 Sep 00:46post reply

quote:

I've heard rumors that the crystal girl is Amy after a growth spurt but we shall see. But, yeah, this time jump is turning out to be a lot like weaker aspects of the shift in Tekken where Michelle Chang and Marshall Law more or less cloned themselves.

Well, this is the problem with injecting a lot of change into a series' cast: change nobody and you get accused of just rehashing the same game-- change everybody and it loses its connection to the series on the whole. Personally I'm happy to play most fighting games at least a few times, regardless of whether it's a new series or not, but I bet that many many fans don't feel the same way. For me I'm just getting really tired of Soul Calibur after several iterations that I didn't really enjoy. The same is true for Tekken. Strangely enough, I'm more interested in SFxT than in TTT2, since at least they will have to somehow reconcile the two series' movelists and playstyles. Plus it gives me weirdly fond memories of Fighters Megamix!
quote:

In other news, Haggar, Sodom, and the Mad Gear are off doing their own thing in SFxT. I didn't realize that Kabuki was so popular in Metro City.

I love it! Maybe Sodom has them practicing Kabuki! Rolento looks great, incidentally. Hopefully all this recent Mad Gear love will lead to appearances by even more gang members.

Strange though that we have three Mad Gear members in the cast but no Guy, Haggar, or Cody (or Maki and Carlos and Lucia!) yet. Yet!

www.secret-arts.com

maese
653th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sat 17 Sep 03:37post reply

quote:
I've heard rumors that the crystal girl is Amy after a growth spurt but we shall see.

Seeing her portrait, that seems a very likely possibility. While I'd miss her rapier, the style (and age!) change would be very much welcome in any case.

quote:
Delicious Edo style Mad Gear

This is insane, what happens on the background is far more interesting than the fight istelf! That must be the most awesome background on fighting game's History. I've never even dared to dream about a kabukimono version of Damnd beating a friggin' taiko with his bare fists till he falls exhausted to the ground. And let's not forget that Eddi.E rocking the world with his samisen... Capcom flavor at its best!

Baines
297th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sat 17 Sep 03:56post reply

quote:
Tekken 3 at least made you feel like some *time* and *things* had passed since the 2 previous tournaments...

Not really.

When it was revealed that Nina and Anna spent time in cryogenic storage, it was pretty obvious that Namco was only paying lip service to the time jump. They wanted to bring in Jin, and that was it. The rest of the jump was nothing but an inconvenience for them to either work around or ignore. And so Tekken got movesets cloned into kids/proteges and other characters just hung around with *maybe* some slightly "older" graphics.

That's why I didn't expect anything of SC5's time jump, either.

Maou
2253th Post

"Pyrrha Monroe" , posted Sat 17 Sep 13:10:post reply

quote:
"She who fights destiny"...and Marilyn Monroe-style skirt windtunnels too, apparently.

I'm still reeling with disappointment that Tira was in fact not caught on fire and banished from the series, despite its happening in both Nightmare and Siegfried's story modes in 4.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sat 17 Sep 13:12]

Zepy
1570th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sat 17 Sep 13:35post reply

quote:
Great to hear that P4U was fun. Too bad Naoto's still in development-- it seems like the game is ground-based and isn't as combo intense as Arc's previous titles, would that be a safe assumption?

The game actually feels like it'll have a lot of crazy juggles, especially since you can move your character while the persona is recovering from an attack. I haven't tried any juggles though since I'm not any good with combo games.

Also after playing a few more times it seems it's beginner friendly only for people that have had fighting game experience already, because I kept playing and never lost to anyone. Also there are roman cancels and launchers.

I played like 20 matches of sf x tekken and I still can't figure out how they want the game to be played. but the game mechanics in the TGS version is vastly different from the E3 version so I guess they're still making a lot of huge changes. Pandora mode is really useless right now, you only get like 8 seconds to do anything and your opponent just needs to keep blocking and you'll die automatically.

ibuki's lk -> mk target combo is in the game and it can actually combo into a special move! nothing else seemed to work, c.mp can't cancel into a special move too. Zangief's standard okizeme of crossover jump 2LK didn't work, they recover from block stun incredibly fast. Also after picking Lili every single time I play I still don't understand that character.

Gojira
2790th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sat 17 Sep 16:09post reply

quote:

That stage is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Baines
298th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sun 18 Sep 03:49post reply

quote:
In other news, Haggar, Sodom, and the Mad Gear are off doing their own thing in SFxT.

In that video, Seth Killian seems disturbingly proud of Heihachi being able to counter everything with a single move.

"This is Heihachi's counter. Do something and he'll hit you. Doesn't matter if it is mid, low, or high. But it won't counter weapon attacks."
**Heihachi successfully counters Rolento's baton twirl**
"Okay, it will counter weapon attacks if I do it early enough. But it won't counter projectiles."
**Heihachi successfully counters Rolento's aerial knife throw**
"... Let's talk about Heihachi's other amazing moves!"

maese
655th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sun 18 Sep 07:02post reply

quote:
Tekken 3 at least made you feel like some *time* and *things* had passed since the 2 previous tournaments...

Not really.

When it was revealed that Nina and Anna spent time in cryogenic storage, it was pretty obvious that Namco was only paying lip service to the time jump. They wanted to bring in Jin, and that was it. The rest of the jump was nothing but an inconvenience for them to either work around or ignore. And so Tekken got movesets cloned into kids/proteges and other characters just hung around with *maybe* some slightly "older" graphics.

That's why I didn't expect anything of SC5's time jump, either.

I guess that's debatable, but at least for Tekken 3 they had the decency of putting some gray hair on Heihachi's mane... This time it's like they're not even trying. Not that I'm itching to see a wrinkled and shaggy Taki on her 50s crawling over the fighting arena, but there should be some middle ground there.

Professor
3245th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Sun 25 Sep 20:53post reply

Quick comparison chart of sprites in 2D fighting games

Baines
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Tue 27 Sep 07:30post reply

quote:

I mostly think of the KOF XII/XII sprites as more muscular, but Joe looks thinner next to his old sprite.

Although it isn't just the muscle mask. The smaller sprite is more expressive, with Joe putting force into the punch (legs, arm, and back all bent, and his chest out). The XII sprite looks like he is doing stretching exercises. Are they from different parts in his move? (The XII sprite perhaps being later, in a follow-through part?)

karasu99
760th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Tue 27 Sep 08:28post reply

quote:

That's a pretty remarkable comparison! I guess I hadn't realized the relative sizes of different sprites in different games. Also, gotta love the huge horizontal Honda, even if I find the HD Remix sprites to be pretty repellent. Also also, I enjoyed seeing the weirdly huge feet that SFIII Ryu has. I guess it makes sense that if Makoto's sprite has weirdly huge feet, Ryu should too. I'll have to look around for a Ryu sprite comparison between games!

www.secret-arts.com

TheRedKnight
327th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Tue 27 Sep 15:31post reply

quote:

That's a pretty remarkable comparison! I guess I hadn't realized the relative sizes of different sprites in different games. Also, gotta love the huge horizontal Honda, even if I find the HD Remix sprites to be pretty repellent. Also also, I enjoyed seeing the weirdly huge feet that SFIII Ryu has. I guess it makes sense that if Makoto's sprite has weirdly huge feet, Ryu should too. I'll have to look around for a Ryu sprite comparison between games!

Keep in mind that in III Ryu's and Ken's sprites are based on Sean.

Why I left my hobbies.

sfried
714th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Wed 28 Sep 03:34post reply

quote:

I like the semi-realistic shading in KoF for some reason. Makes me think they were really trying to translate that Shinkiro look down to the sprite work.

Why is Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury not on that list?

Toxico
5481th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Wed 28 Sep 04:11post reply

quote:
Why is Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury not on that list?

It's the same res than KoF. Speaking of, 3SO would have been interesting there, I really don't know the visual details of that game (I think people hated it?).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

karasu99
761th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Wed 28 Sep 04:48post reply

A bunch of new screenshots up of P4U, but sadly there's nothing especially new to be seen in them. At least there is this sweet in-motion frame of Kanji with his folding chair.

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4224th Post

"Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 06:57post reply

In a different thread Toxico was heard to say:

quote:
Ha.... Not at all. The Zero series really totally didn't aged well to their fans even before SF2˛; the Zero's were already less played than the IIIs (tournaments for 0s were pretty much nonexistent, whereas tournaments for the IIIs happened worldwide all the time)... And after 2˛ was released I never once heard of anyone saying "I'll stick to Zero instead" (contrary to the huge several people that stated that they'll stick to III better).

So no. It probably has to do with the fact that the 0s never had a proper established identity and never stuck to one idea in particular, never figuring out what they were aiming to be; splitting fans in several titles. The IIIs all unified fans in one title, thus it did felt like a bigger community ever since the dreamcast died.

I had not thought about it before, but that's true. SF2, 3, and 4 all get attention but the Zero series has sort of gone away. As you noted it probably is because the Aughts games never did decide on what game they wanted to be. Speaking for myself, while I like the roster in A3 I don't actually want to play the game and would much rather mess around with the original Zero2 instead. It's not a good sign when the only thought that comes to mind when someone mentions the Alpha series is my hope that they stick Karin in a new game.

I wonder if this is why the Real Bout games faded away. While fun, that series never knew what it wanted to do. That doesn't, however, explain why there aren't constant international tournaments for Vampire Savior, since that feels like a much more natural refinement of the Vampire series. Maybe people simply don't know a good thing when the see it.

Since the big new feature in fighting games is release delays, Skullgirls has been pushed back to 2012.

This isn't the best news but I know better than to complain since I don't want all my stuff seized by the Department of Homeland Security.

Maou
2257th Post

"Re(1):Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 07:57:post reply

quote:
would much rather mess around with the original Zero2 instead
Oh, I've come around and now like Zero 2 more than Zero 3 again, but I would wager good money that both got infinitely more good-to-serious play than III ever has.

Zero 3 was on the late end of the 2D fighters era and faded out, and Third Strike was years too late to matter, but Zero 2 was at the forefront in Capcom's 2D fighting renaissance at both the game center and at home with the Saturn ram cart. Nowadays, the hardcore tourney folk can pick games from various eras and may gravitate towards the highly technical III, but I wouldn't call their selections representative of Street Fighter fandom at large, even of the people who are mostly pretty good. Friends and I have had 3S for years but in 9 times out of 10 ignore it in favor of the Zero Collection.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 28 Sep 08:02]

karasu99
763th Post

"Re(2):Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 08:31post reply

quote:
Zero 3 was on the late end of the 2D fighters era and faded out, and Third Strike was years too late to matter, but Zero 2 was at the forefront in Capcom's 2D fighting renaissance at both the game center and at home with the Saturn ram cart. Nowadays, the hardcore tourney folk can pick games from various eras and may gravitate towards the highly technical III, but I wouldn't call their selections representative of Street Fighter fandom at large, even of the people who are mostly pretty good. Friends and I have had 3S for years but in 9 times out of 10 ignore it in favor of the Zero Collection.

It's funny, I'm probably the least technical of fighting game enthusiasts here at the Cafe, but Zero 3 just feels... strange. I love the huge cast, especially in Double Upper (Maki and Eagle-- CHECK PLUS) and I enjoy all the choices the game gives, but in terms of actually playing the game, I'm for Zero 2 all the way.

In general though I love the series and I think that it was much more influential on other fighters of the time (as in direct sprites rips) like the VS series and Capcom vs SNK than it was on its own.

Also, Zero 3 had way too many choices for a seriously ADD-afflicted person like me. Tons of characters + three different ISMs + alcohol =

www.secret-arts.com

Toxico
5483th Post

"Re(2):Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 08:43post reply

quote:
Nowadays, the hardcore tourney folk can pick games from various eras and may gravitate towards the highly technical III, but I wouldn't call their selections representative of Street Fighter fandom at large, even of the people who are mostly pretty good. Friends and I have had 3S for years but in 9 times out of 10 ignore it in favor of the Zero Collection.

You are part of the minority, deal with it! For example even as today in GGPO and stuff like that is very, very difficult to find someone playing the 0s yet is pretty easy to find a match for 3s or even 2s (though, I heard that now 3s is now not supported in GGPO; since the emu community "wanted" to "support" 3SO).

The 0s are an important landmark because it was like the first game where for real we had some "east vs west" matches and events. SSF2 tasted some of that but in a very, very small scale; and the other game that had that it was completely pointless since east could rape west in an embarrassing manner (TTT). The problem is that the community itself wore down the 0s using the games.... special features to their maximum (stun combos in 1, unblocable and invincible Custom Combos in 2 and the semi infinite V-ISM shenningans in 3).

Another dark point of that series is that since it's mechanics (and sprites) where reused for other sagas people "followed" the change as well since it felt similar enough (like, the poor saps that still stick to CvS2 (and there is still tournaments for that thing)).

Kinda OT, but Rufus was right, IT IS Ken Masters!

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Maou
2258th Post

"Re(3):Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 13:55:post reply

Toxichan, you are totally right nowadays as far as Zero vs. III play mechanics: not only were there some game-breaking discoveries in Zero 3, III is prettier and probably deeper.

But, m'dear, my point isn't about which is better or which is still being played by the dedicated but numerically irrelevent number of serious tourney folk. I was just judging whether III or Zero made more of an impression on the gaming populace/culture, jestingly resulting in analysis of which one would have its canon thrown out to work with IV's age differences among the schoolgirls. As a large cultural phenomenon for gamers, it's not even close. Zero was huge, and III was the faintest blip.

III is preferred now by the impressive but small numbers of people still playing old fighters seriously. Plenty of the huge numbers who loved Zero probably haven't played it for years (or III, if they ever did at all), but Zero's cultural impact is far and away greater. As usual, intense fandoms get a myopic view of how much their reality and experience reflects that of gamers at large, and that's certainly true of tourney players now. No one cared about III, at all, during its time.

but since the KOFXIII announcement i really just wanna talk about goose howard again

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 28 Sep 14:04]

Spoon
2243th Post

"Re(4):Endless Bummer" , posted Wed 28 Sep 14:17post reply

quote:
Toxichan, you are totally right nowadays as far as Zero vs. III play mechanics: not only were there some game-breaking discoveries in Zero 3, III is prettier and probably deeper.

But, m'dear, my point isn't about which is better or which is still being played by the dedicated but numerically irrelevent number of serious tourney folk. I was just judging whether III or Zero made more of an impression on the gaming populace/culture, jestingly resulting in analysis of which one would have its canon thrown out to work with IV's age differences among the schoolgirls. As a large cultural phenomenon for gamers, it's not even close. Zero was huge, and III was the faintest blip.

III is preferred now by the impressive but small numbers of people still playing old fighters seriously. Plenty of the huge numbers who loved Zero probably haven't played it for years (or III, if they ever did at all), but Zero's cultural impact is far and away greater. As usual, intense fandoms get a myopic view of how much their reality and experience reflects that of gamers at large, and that's certainly true of tourney players now. No one cared about III, at all, during its time.

but since the KOFXIII announcement i really just wanna talk about goose howard again

When SFA2 and SF3:NG came out, it wasn't even close here in North America. SFA2 was played extensively, SF3 was noticed for its pretty sprites but otherwise received little play and players felt alienated because of how few SF2 chars were in it.

SF3 series received relatively little tournament play in North America until 3S, and even then 3S didn't receive a lot of attention until quite some time after 3S was released. I remember EVO 2k2 as a sort of turning point for 3S in North America: a JP contingent annihilated the US players, and this included such shenanigans as Tokido demonstrating Urien's aegis guard break and Chikyuu beating all comers with Twelve because nobody had ever played against somebody who actually tried to be good with Twel(e)ve before. The tournament scene for 3S in the US really picked up after that. Of course, 2002 was nearly 3 years after 3S was released! Kind of crazy when we think about how Capcom's most recent games have been receiving annual (or even less than annual, in MvC3's case!) upgrades.

Spoon
2244th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Bravely Default and wierd game t" , posted Wed 28 Sep 15:10post reply

quote:

I remember back when HDR was in the works, there was a picture showing SF2 Ryu, 3S Ryu, GG Sol, and then HDR Ryu.

Lugos
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Endless Bummer" , posted Fri 30 Sep 00:25post reply

This is purely anecdotal, but I also remember that when the SFIII series came out in my local (USA) arcades, they didn't get as much play as the Alpha/Zero series. I remember the general feeling was that while SFIII was a solid game, it was extremely technical and would require an investment in a large amount of quarters in order to become competitive. By comparison, the Alpha/Zero series felt easier to master and players also had the advantage of practicing at home on their own consoles.

Personally, I attribute SFIII's delayed popularity to it's console ports on the Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox. With home versions on hand, players finally had an unlimited amount of time to explore and appreciate the game's vast depth. That might explain why 3rd Strike is still competitively played today and why the Alpha/Zero series has fallen by the wayside.

Ishmael
4226th Post

"Re(6):Endless Bummer" , posted Sun 2 Oct 04:26post reply

Bloody Roar is coming back. Good grief.

badoor
220th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Endless Bummer" , posted Sun 2 Oct 19:25post reply

quote:

This is pretty cool. It's great to see that fighting game serieses that are secondary (popularity-wise, not quality-wise) are now finally viable enough to be made on HD consoles. The question now is who will be making it. Eighting seems like it's now the Capcom Vs. Games division.

Maou
2258th Post

"Re(8):Endless Bummer" , posted Sun 2 Oct 19:51post reply

quote:
This is pretty cool. It's great to see that fighting game serieses that are secondary (popularity-wise, not quality-wise) are now finally viable enough to be made on HD consoles. The question now is who will be making it. Eighting seems like it's now the Capcom Vs. Games division.

Only in a fallen world will Bloody Roar get resurrected without there being another Justice Gakuen game...

maese
659th Post

"Re(9):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 01:12post reply

quote:
Only in a fallen world will Bloody Roar get resurrected without there being another Justice Gakuen game...

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

However, it is nice indeed to see that fighting games are popular enough nowadays to allow daring to resurrect minor franchises such as this.

TheRedKnight
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 03:19post reply

Yet Capcom will only release new SF and Marvel games, SNKP will only release new KOF games (and SS games I guess) and Sega will only release VF games, etc.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

Fighting Vipers 3 would be nice.
A new World Heroes would be nice.
A third Star Gladiator would be nice.
Another Fighter's History would be nice.

End of Spoiler

Why I left my hobbies.

HAYATO
1044th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 04:32post reply

quote:
Yet Capcom will only release new SF and Marvel games, SNKP will only release new KOF games (and SS games I guess) and Sega will only release VF games, etc.

Aaand:

A new Toshinden installment
A sequel to Primal Rage
A new Ehrgeiz game

End of Spoiler

is everything that we'll get in the end...

Pollyanna
3125th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 08:32post reply

I can't believe Bloody Roar is getting a PROPER sequel. I expected a pseudo port of an old game for 3DS. I'm interested, but I wonder if they have the muscle to put it together well.

quote:

[Spoilers]

We already got one of those recently. On Wii. I don't think anyone cared.

Also...

Justice Gakuen was never a great (fighting) game. Sorry. I loved it and I appreciated its accessibility, but it's not deserving of a sequel for its stellar gameplay.

I'm surprised no company has done like a "Gakuen Musou" type game, though. Seeing the school costumes in Musou 6 made me think that it would be fun to have a school vs school battle royale with stereotyped characters like JG.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Baines
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 10:27post reply

quote:
We already got one of those recently. On Wii. I don't think anyone cared.

From what I've read, the only relation between the Wii game and the previous series is the name "Toshinden". And even the name isn't identical, as the Wii game uses different kanji.

Gieflos
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 16:53post reply

quote:

What could have been.

TheRedKnight
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Mon 3 Oct 17:02post reply

quote:

Justice Gakuen was never a great (fighting) game. Sorry. I loved it and I appreciated its accessibility, but it's not deserving of a sequel for its stellar gameplay.

So, no Street Fighter V then?

quote:

From what I've read, the only relation between the Wii game and the previous series is the name "Toshinden". And even the name isn't identical, as the Wii game uses different kanji.

I think the best way to tell that it's not an authentic Toshinden game is to look at the developer. Only Tamsoft could deliver the real deal. (in that shitty gameplay but awe - some soundtrack kind of a way.)

Why I left my hobbies.

Ishmael
4227th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Tue 4 Oct 00:35post reply

So it goes.

badoor
223th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Tue 4 Oct 02:24:post reply

quote:
So it goes.

Well that sucks. I thought that they were continuing the project Hudson USA were making before they closed at the start of the year.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/855071-new-bloody-roar-abandoned-as-hudson-close-u-s-offices

I guess when video games are cancelled, they are cancelled forever. I just wish they were more like TV Shows

[this message was edited by badoor on Tue 4 Oct 02:26]

Professor
3254th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Tue 4 Oct 09:26post reply

quote:
So it goes.

The Hudson account itself may actually be fake according to some people. Unauthenticated.

Toxico
5490th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Tue 4 Oct 09:36post reply

quote:
So it goes.

The Hudson account itself may actually be fake according to some people. Unauthenticated.

The actual hudsonsoft account, which hasn't been touched since the actual company ceased to be.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

KTallguy
1343th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(10):Re(10):Endless Bummer" , posted Tue 4 Oct 10:12post reply

It has been exposed as a hoax.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Nekros
402th Post

Gold Customer

"SFxT new teasers" , posted Sat 8 Oct 18:47post reply

Three new challengers teased at Brazil Game Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEIUj5RZXNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswcppn1pfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXtogJxQsw

Although it may be deceiving seeing so many characters, the teaser is for 1 character only.
So, only 1 image is a real hint.

What I want them to be (according to images):

Juri, Hakan, R.Mika

End of Spoiler

What we probabily get:

Juri (or Dan in the worst scenario), E.Honda, Boxer

End of Spoiler

mbisonhatclub
390th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):SFxT new teasers" , posted Sat 8 Oct 19:12post reply

quote:
Ancient Egyptian spoiler tags, and it's not even a Harry Potter movie? How tacky.

Let's just say one of the particular clues are shreds of evidence in some of the videos.

Yodel-odel-lay-hee-hoo.

Ishmael
4230th Post

"Re(1):SFxT new teasers" , posted Sat 8 Oct 22:20post reply

The old maxim says that you should learn something new every day. Today I learned that Arthur is 28 years old.

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEIUj5RZXNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswcppn1pfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXtogJxQsw

It looks like Capcom is bringing on the bad guys with Juri and the two Shadaloo cronies with Vega/Balrog/Dr. Claw and Mike "Balrog" Bison. While I'm happy to see Juri if the first teaser turned out to be "Dan Hibiki and the women who love him" I would be fine with that as well.

Maou
2261th Post

"Re(2):SFxT new teasers" , posted Tue 11 Oct 13:27post reply

quote:
"Dan Hibiki and the women who love him"

Regrettably, you can indeed make out Dan's pink karategi and the 弾 (Dan) on the back, meaning that the perpetually unfunny joke from 1995 is back!

Ishmael
4234th Post

"Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 00:33post reply

New trailers for UMvC3 have popped up. I like the Days of Future Past poster featuring Mega Man. Fighting robots is Mega Man's thing so of course the Sentinels aren't going to catch him.

kofoguz
944th Post

"Re(1):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 06:06post reply

quote:
New trailers for UMvC3 have popped up. I like the Days of Future Past poster featuring Mega Man. Fighting robots is Mega Man's thing so of course the Sentinels aren't going to catch him.

I dont see megaman?

karasu99
773th Post

"Re(2):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 06:56post reply

quote:
I dont see megaman?

Take a look in the video-- he's on a big wanted-style poster in the background about halfway through. It's a nice touch.

I thought that Phoenix Wright and Nova were pretty interesting, although honestly there is such a ridiculous amount of 'flash' in this game that I have a hard time telling what's a special move and what's just a regular punch or kick.

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4236th Post

"Re(3):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 07:59post reply

quote:
I dont see megaman?

Here's a still shot of the poster with Mega Man filling the Wolverine position from the original cover. The rest of the MvC2 cast has been killed or captured but Mega Man still runs free!

quote:
I thought that Phoenix Wright and Nova were pretty interesting, although honestly there is such a ridiculous amount of 'flash' in this game that I have a hard time telling what's a special move and what's just a regular punch or kick.

Yeah, I also don't think it helps that a lot of the special moves on characters like Iron Fist and Nova have the same yellowish orange color that the regular attacks do. Right now I can't tell if Nova is full of cosmic power or is covered in attack sprites. Perhaps it will be easier to sort out in the actual game?

Grave
1398th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: Mikelson

"Re(4):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 09:31post reply

quote:
Yeah, I also don't think it helps that a lot of the special moves on characters like Iron Fist and Nova have the same yellowish orange color that the regular attacks do. Right now I can't tell if Nova is full of cosmic power or is covered in attack sprites. Perhaps it will be easier to sort out in the actual game?

This was something that bugged me about MvC3 pre-release. Those huge yellow hit effects looked horrible to me, in both screens and stills... but the minute I went hands-on with the game I didn't mind at all and suddenly everything made sense.

I didn't expect to like MvC3 at all and the whole thing has been a very pleasant surprise, in the first release it was characters I didn't want turning out to be great fun, in the second it's characters I actually wanted but never expected! Can't wait to pick UMvC3 up. I should trade in the first while I can.

Pollyanna
3127th Post

"Re(5):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 15:14post reply

The new Blazblue really has me frustrated. It's cool as an arcade release and cool as a Vita release, but as a new disk-based home version, it's no good. Rebalance and one new character isn't worth dividing the player base over. As it stands now, I have no motivation to buy the game and if they add more DLC characters...well, I'll buy it, but end up spending arguable more than it's worth.

It's not about the money (for me), though, it's about alienating part of the audience. Arksys really broke the "true fans are few, but pay big" cycle with their last release, so I hate to see fighting games take a step back into a potentially smaller consumer base.

quote:

I didn't expect to like MvC3 at all and the whole thing has been a very pleasant surprise, in the first release it was characters I didn't want turning out to be great fun, in the second it's characters I actually wanted but never expected! Can't wait to pick UMvC3 up. I should trade in the first while I can.

I think I would be more excited about UMvC if KOF wasn't coming out at the same time. By the same merit, I would be more excited about KOF if UMvC wasn't coming out at the same time.

The new characters looks great, but I'm still uneasy about the balance changes. Not that there SHOULDN'T be balance changes... I just can't wrap my head around some of these. Dr. Doom, for example, was already good enough thanks to his hidden missiles assist. Plenty of people used him (in tournaments, too). Why did he need buffs? If you're going to buff him, shouldn't you debuff his assist?

A lot of people complain that Tron and Haggar's buffs aren't enough to make up for their assist debuffs as well, but that sort of thing I'll have to wait and see on. Dr. Doom bugs me though, because it seems like they've created another obvious top tier character.

Well, I'm no pro, so what do I know anyway? Still, I would hate to see an updated version with crummier balance than the original, especially when they said their goal was to make sure no character was useless.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

mbisonhatclub
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 17:26:post reply

>Capcom
>Not make some characters useless
Heh. HE HE HE.

In other news, when are they actually going to put Hsienko in the game?!

I also already expressed I'm not interested in purchasing BBCSEX. It's just not enough to warrant buying it, and I'm not desperate enough for any new story additions to get it. People upload story parts to youtube or nicovideo anyway.

And they've basically invalidated the purchases of the DLC characters for BBCS1/2, which I would expect from Capcom, but at least Capcom seems to make you still need to purchase Shuma/Jill for UMvC3 if you haven't purchased them already -- though I'm still mad that they released such an upgrade for cheaper than the original so soon, invalidating my copy that I only got a week's enjoyment out of.

It'll be just KOFXIII this year for me.

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Fri 14 Oct 17:31]

Pollyanna
3130th Post

"Re(7):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Fri 14 Oct 17:40post reply

quote:
>Capcom
>Not make some characters useless
Heh. HE HE HE.

I know, I know. But when they said that, I couldn't help but think "You finally get it!", even if I have to take it with a grain of salt. On the SF4 front, they seem pretty aggressive on their Hakan buffs this time around, though...hahaha.

quote:

I also already expressed I'm not interested in purchasing BBCSEX. It's just not enough to warrant buying it, and I'm not desperate enough for any new story additions to get it. People upload story parts to youtube or nicovideo anyway.

And they've basically invalidated the purchases of the DLC characters for BBCS1/2, which I would expect from Capcom, but at least Capcom seems to make you still need to purchase Shuma/Jill for UMvC3 if you haven't purchased them already -- though I'm still mad that they released such an upgrade for cheaper than the original so soon, invalidating my copy that I only got a week's enjoyment out of.

It'll be just KOFXIII this year for me.

I know Blazblue is your baby and since you've dissed Capcom's practices so much, I admire that you're being a man of principle on this one.

Still, the fact that even you aren't interested in getting the new BB cements my fears even more that they're making a mistake on this one by crowding/dividing the market and demanding too much from their consumers.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Just a Person
1512th Post

"Re(3):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 02:57post reply

quote:
I dont see megaman?

Take a look in the video-- he's on a big wanted-style poster in the background about halfway through. It's a nice touch.

It's a great touch! If you look closely to the poster, it brings MvC2 characters that didn't make it into MvC3/UMvC3 (I saw Cable, Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, SonSon, Amingo, Jin Saotome and RUBY HEART!!; there are probably other MvC2 characters that I couldn't recognize yet)

mbisonhatclub
392th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 05:19post reply

quote:
I know Blazblue is your baby and since you've dissed Capcom's practices so much, I admire that you're being a man of principle on this one.

Still, the fact that even you aren't interested in getting the new BB cements my fears even more that they're making a mistake on this one by crowding/dividing the market and demanding too much from their consumers.
Oh please. I diss any company down the line that actually deserves it. It's just that the way I express my opinion is ...a lot more expressive than this place is probably used to, but I like to think I do have a level head otherwise. I'm even pretty sure I kept saying things like how BBCS is just hitconfirm into hour long combos and how I actually prefer CT more, for example. It doesn't help that there's plenty of people who are fanboys of Capcom who take exception at pointing out even the smallest flaw in a Capcom game, but it's okay to say trivial bad things about a nonCapcom game, and I think that's the unfair part.

And Capcom just happens to make me frown more often because I'm very easy to anger when it comes to business practices I don't agree with. I give things a try at least once if I'm willing to shell over the bucks or if given the opportunity to try things for free, so there's no real prejudgment about it.

Do you know that there are people who play ONLY Street Fighter HD Remix? Come on, there's other fish to toy with by using a rising tackle. But seriously, these people play one game religiously, and they are no fun at parties because they always want to do that one thing that they're good at (the one trick pony phenomenon!) when other people just wanna play something stupid and casual like Angry Birds competition edition. And people made fun of me without provocation simply because I said I was gonna give Blazblue Calamity Trigger a chance. So I took them off my PSN friends list because they're narrow-minded assholes who I'd punch in the face

Okay back to Blazblue

I dunno why you're using me as the benchmark here as if I'm the biggest BB fanboy around, because I'm far from that! It's just that it was something fresh away from Capcom games and KOFXII just happened to suck shit (and I did buy that as well), but I have to speak on BB's behalf sometimes because other people won't, as if it's some kind of taboo shit to stand up for something that's not Capcom. Standing up for something not-Capcom happens to get you easily branded as a fanboy of said game/series, and I think that's a ridiculously fanboyish thing to do.

Pollyanna
3132th Post

"Re(9):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 08:43post reply

quote:

I dunno why you're using me as the benchmark here as if I'm the biggest BB fanboy around, because I'm far from that! It's just that it was something fresh away from Capcom games and KOFXII just happened to suck shit (and I did buy that as well), but I have to speak on BB's behalf sometimes because other people won't, as if it's some kind of taboo shit to stand up for something that's not Capcom. Standing up for something not-Capcom happens to get you easily branded as a fanboy of said game/series, and I think that's a ridiculously fanboyish thing to do.

It wasn't because of anything you said about Blazblue. Blame it on the PSN. BB is the only game I've ever seen you play online and you're often playing it when I log on. Whether you're a "fanboy" or not, I think "if someone who put that much time into the series isn't interested in the new game, that can't be good."

Otherwise, I was just glad to see you're an equal opportunity offender.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Grave
1399th Post

"Re(8):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sat 15 Oct 09:11post reply

I'm pretty much onboard with everything you guys have said regarding BBCS Extend... there's nothing here. More 1P modes that I'd sleepwalk through to kill time. One new character, another rebalance. I buy pretty much everything and I can't bring myself to even consider this one at anything other than $20 or less. I'm much more likely to buy SSF4AE in a moment of boredom.

Will be buying KOF XIII for sure. Been out of the MvC3 loop for so long that I can't weigh in on MvC3 changes at all, but I think the new character picks have been fantastic on both sides and they all look like a ton of fun, so I'm gonna scoop that one up too. The Phoenix Wright trailer was completely absurd. I'm into it.

Gojira
2795th Post

"NYCC SFxT teasers" , posted Sat 15 Oct 09:17:post reply

All fighting game companies do dumb things if your line of thought is that they should be pleasing fans 100% of the time.

Anyway, new teasers for SFxT from NYCC.

First
Second
Third

Much easier to figure out than the last three. Just don't be fooled by the last part with three characters.

Law, Paul, Xiaoyu

End of Spoiler

Oh and also this guy randomly showed up on the official website.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 15 Oct 09:32]

mbisonhatclub
393th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):NYCC SFxT teasers" , posted Sat 15 Oct 11:55post reply

quote:
Much easier to figure out than the last three. Just don't be fooled by the last part with three characters.
Uh, it looks like all of them show multiple characters. Hell, I see what looks like Zafina in one of them.

Gojira
2795th Post

"Re(2):NYCC SFxT teasers" , posted Sat 15 Oct 13:08post reply

quote:
Much easier to figure out than the last three. Just don't be fooled by the last part with three characters.Uh, it looks like all of them show multiple characters. Hell, I see what looks like Zafina in one of them.

You can see Lars, Mokujin, Dragunov, Devil Jin, Zafina and Alisa near the end, but they're only in there to throw you off. For the first 25 seconds, each teaser is only showing one character. The last part is more them saying "the character we just showed was one of these three. Guess which."

Iggy
9301th Post

"Re(7):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sun 16 Oct 19:55post reply

quote:
In other news, when are they actually going to put Hsienko in the game?!

I have the same question about Shuma, actually.

quote:
at least Capcom seems to make you still need to purchase Shuma/Jill for UMvC3 if you haven't purchased them already

Well, you need to if you absolutely want to play them no matter what, but with Shuma virtually unchanged as undisputed bottom tier, and Jill being one of the only character of MvC3 being NERFED, you need serious dedication to decide to give 10 [currency] for them.
I mean, Jill was far from bad and had pretty amazing tricks up her sleeves if you study her for days dand days like another Viper, but why was it necessary to make her even more difficult to play as? Wasn't she already unappealing enough as she was, being super technical, BH5 Jill and DLC-only?

mbisonhatclub
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sun 16 Oct 21:26post reply

quote:
It wasn't because of anything you said about Blazblue. Blame it on the PSN. BB is the only game I've ever seen you play online and you're often playing it when I log on. Whether you're a "fanboy" or not, I think "if someone who put that much time into the series isn't interested in the new game, that can't be good."

Otherwise, I was just glad to see you're an equal opportunity offender.

I guess. It was probably the only game I was playing online for a while as I tossed away SSF4 and MvC3. Grave, myself and a couple others played Tekken 6 for a small bit. But generally, a lot of the games I play aren't online as I've got a few PSN games and I like to play through stuff like MGS4, but I generally stayed offline for those unless I already logged in.

And lately I started learning Arcana Heart 3!

Pollyanna
3133th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sun 16 Oct 22:12post reply

So now we have this mode for MvC3...
Wheee

I'm only interested to see the art for all the cards, but it seems like a nice idea for a single player experience. Or a way to screw around with friends? I wonder if it will be supported in online vs.

Similarly, I wonder if there will "non gem" options in SFXT and if that will be the standard or the exception among players. They seem to be pushing the gems a lot with the (lousy) LE coming with so many of them.

quote:
I mean, Jill was far from bad and had pretty amazing tricks up her sleeves if you study her for days dand days like another Viper, but why was it necessary to make her even more difficult to play as? Wasn't she already unappealing enough as she was, being super technical, BH5 Jill and DLC-only?

I will spend years trying to not suck with complicated/oddball characters, but it only took a few hours with Jill for me to say "not worth it."

quote:
But generally, a lot of the games I play aren't online as I've got a few PSN games and I like to play through stuff like MGS4, but I generally stayed offline for those unless I already logged in.

That explains a lot! I got the impression BB was the only game you ever played. I log on automatically, so I didn't put much thought into that possibility.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
4237th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Mon 17 Oct 03:37post reply

quote:
So now we have this mode for MvC3...
Wheee

I'm only interested to see the art for all the cards, but it seems like a nice idea for a single player experience. Or a way to screw around with friends? I wonder if it will be supported in online vs.

That MvC3 mode sounds a lot like the old World Tour mode from the home versions of SFA3. It could be a fun little mode to fiddle around with. It's also nice to see that the game is trying to broaden it's appeal beyond being just a straight tournament-style fighting game. Still, things like this and Galactus mode are nice they are also making the first MvC3 look like the KoFXII of the verses games.

quote:
Similarly, I wonder if there will "non gem"
options in SFXT and if that will be the standard or the exception among players. They seem to be pushing the gems a lot with the (lousy) LE coming with so many of them.

The gem thing sounds interesting in a MSH sort of way but I would like a better explanation of how the gems work and I would really like to know how these hunks of rock are going to be distributed. SFxT is a curious game in that every single addition to the game engine makes it feel like the whole thing is going to collapse in on itself.

Speaking of potentially useless SFxT options, I want the ability to have Paul and Guile swap haircuts.

Gieflos
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Tue 18 Oct 14:53post reply

Looks like a TON of new artwork. I don't see any repeats yet. I'm impressed. I hope we get some news as to who exactly they've gotten to provide their talent.

badoor
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Tue 18 Oct 18:24post reply

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/17/rumor-assassins-creeds-ezio-coming-to-soulcalibur-5/

This might be the most appropriate and fitting guest character ever in SC's history.

Gojira
2797th Post

"Re(1):SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Tue 18 Oct 19:23post reply

quote:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/17/rumor-assassins-creeds-ezio-coming-to-soulcalibur-5/

This might be the most appropriate and fitting guest character ever in SC's history.

Meh.

The character next to him looks cool, whoever it is.

Ishmael
4238th Post

"Re(2):SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Tue 18 Oct 22:59post reply

I've become so used to terrible guest characters in SC that I don't know what to make of a guest character that doesn't look out horribly out of place. True, Ezio would have to be aging at the rate of a fighting game girl to make it work but it's a step up from that green action figure that was in SC2.

quote:

I've heard rumors that Sophitia is going to be in as Nightmare v.2.0. Perhaps that's her?

Maou
2264th Post

"Re(3):SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Tue 18 Oct 23:58post reply

quote:
I've become so used to terrible guest characters in SC that I don't know what to make of a guest character that doesn't look out horribly out of place. True, Ezio would have to be aging at the rate of a fighting game girl to make it work but it's a step up from that green action figure that was in SC2.
But what will the poor identically dressed Zasalamel feel about this?? (PS why is Zasalamel so boring)
quote:
I've heard rumors that Sophitia is going to be in as Nightmare v.2.0. Perhaps that's her?

I wonder...Patroklos's profile a while back said "mother, Sophitia, is dead!" but I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be the truth or represent some emotional delusion.

Freeter
4550th Post

"Re(3):SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Wed 19 Oct 01:17post reply

quote:

Are we talking about the character in the fedora?

Gojira
2798th Post

"Re(4):SC5 Guest is Ezio from Assassins Creed" , posted Wed 19 Oct 03:43post reply

quote:

Are we talking about the character in the fedora?

Yeah that guy. It's certainly some kind of hat. Looking closely at it, it looks more like kind of a pilgrim's hat?

karasu99
776th Post

"Re(5):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Wed 19 Oct 04:50:post reply

I was a little sad to see that the version of SFA3 coming to PSN today was the crappy-ish (but still great given the platform) PS1 version though, instead of the deluxe-ish Double Upper version released for the PSP a few years back (admittedly it's just because I want to play some more as Maki and Eagle), but I'm still really happy it's getting some attention, and that it's not a port of the arcade version that doesn't have world tour mode.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Wed 19 Oct 05:23]

Maou
2265th Post

"Re(6):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Wed 19 Oct 05:48post reply

quote:
I was a little sad to see that the version of SFA3 coming to PSN today was the crappy-ish (but still great given the platform) PS1 version though,
Ha, I wonder if the brutal loading times will be preserved, as well! Zero 3 PS did get props for at least decorating the loading screens with character artwork.
quote:
instead of the deluxe-ish Double Upper version released for the PSP a few years back
Or the for-all-intents-perfect-if-you-ignore-scanlines (shut up, Recap's Ghost) PS2 collection version, for that matter.

mbisonhatclub
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Wed 19 Oct 07:49post reply

If you don't already have a better version of SFA3, and you can't find the SFA Anthology for PS2 (or you just don't have a PS2-capable system), you might as well get it despite load times, because it's the only other way you're going to see Birdie, Mika, Karin, Sodom, Juni, and Juli in a game ever again!

nobinobita
995th Post

"Re(6):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Wed 19 Oct 12:14post reply

quote:
I was a little sad to see that the version of SFA3 coming to PSN today was the crappy-ish (but still great given the platform) PS1 version though, instead of the deluxe-ish Double Upper version released for the PSP a few years back (admittedly it's just because I want to play some more as Maki and Eagle), but I'm still really happy it's getting some attention, and that it's not a port of the arcade version that doesn't have world tour mode.

This will be the ... 6th time I buy this game (psone, Dreamcast, ps2 (twice including a gift for a friend), psp, ps3)

Hey Capcom! Hurry up and make SF Alpha Chronicles for Matching Service Online so you can take my money again!

www.art-eater.com

Ishmael
4241th Post

"Re(7):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Fri 21 Oct 22:15post reply

quote:
This will be the ... 6th time I buy this game (psone, Dreamcast, ps2 (twice including a gift for a friend), psp, ps3)

Hey Capcom! Hurry up and make SF Alpha Chronicles for Matching Service Online so you can take my money again!

I don't see the Sega Saturn version in that listing. True, you may not have a Saturn up and running at the moment but at this point how much is too much?

More Soul Calibur characters have been confirmed. Some day I would love to play a SC game that looks like the character art. A trailer for Ezio has also been released. I forgot that the AC games had that convoluted modern day VR framing sequence. It also seems that Tingle from Legend of Zelda -or someone with similar fashion sense- will be pre-order DLC. Dampierre may be the oddest pre-order "bonus" I've seen in some time.

karasu99
778th Post

"Re(8):SFA3 on PSN today" , posted Sat 22 Oct 03:58post reply

[quoteIt also seems that Tingle from Legend of Zelda -or someone with similar fashion sense- will be pre-order DLC. Dampierre may be the oddest pre-order "bonus" I've seen in some time.

Ho ho, for a second I was grinning like a maniac for some reason at the prospect of Tingle being a guest character and then... I read further and looked at the link . I don't remember if I couldn't stand Dampierre in the PSP game. I'm pretty sure he was irritating and awful, even though I also suspect that he was not bad as a fighter.

www.secret-arts.com

Pollyanna
3137th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Latest UMvC3 stuff" , posted Sat 22 Oct 21:47post reply

quote:
The gem thing sounds interesting in a MSH sort of way but I would like a better explanation of how the gems work and I would really like to know how these hunks of rock are going to be distributed. SFxT is a curious game in that every single addition to the game engine makes it feel like the whole thing is going to collapse in on itself.

Now that I've read that you can't disable gems and that they can be character specific, I have even more mixed feelings.

I don't have a problem with the system itself...even if there are broken combinations, if everyone uses them, then it just ends up the same as before. My problem is that it provides an obstacle to getting into the game. When you have friends over who haven't played the game, you now have to explain another system to them. If they are lame, like my friends, they may be intimidated. And every time you have a match, now you have to set up your gems as well...for multiple characters. If there weren't a terribly large number of them, this wouldn't be a big deal, but as they are touting how many there are, I feel like it might be a nuisance for many players. The system might even be really fun/deep/whatever, but I don't know that it will have the desired effect in terms of accessibility.

quote:
Speaking of potentially useless SFxT options, I want the ability to have Paul and Guile swap haircuts.

I think they mentioned...a long time ago, that there would be options in terms of character customization, but not as many as something like Tekken. They've probably long since forgotten about that and hoped that the consumers have as well, so that they can make us pay for 2P Tekken costumes we would get for free in any other game.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Professor
3272th Post

MMCafe Owner

"P4U Kuma&Naoto" , posted Tue 25 Oct 01:05post reply

Official site updated with artwork and screenshots of Kuma and Naoto. Three more char slots left.
I think I'll be using Kanji and Naoto in this game.

And just a reminder, those with a PS3 can DL a full-size trailer from the PSN store. Don't know if it's JP store only.

karasu99
782th Post

"Re(1):P4U Kuma&Naoto" , posted Tue 25 Oct 02:52post reply

quote:
Official site updated with artwork and screenshots of Kuma and Naoto. Three more char slots left.
I think I'll be using Kanji and Naoto in this game.

And just a reminder, those with a PS3 can DL a full-size trailer from the PSN store. Don't know if it's JP store only.

I'll look into the trailer later on today. Thanks Professor for the heads up about it!

Kuma looks like a blast! It will be a Kanji/Kuma team for me!

Hum, this game is looking better and better every time I see new screens for it.

www.secret-arts.com

Toxico
5508th Post

"Hustling Ono" , posted Fri 28 Oct 23:52post reply

なんじゃそりゃ?? (ref)

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

badoor
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Teasing Ishiwatari" , posted Sat 29 Oct 07:34:post reply

Guilty Gear news
I'm glad there's interest from fans and ASW in making a new GG. There's a lot of cases where developers are split from their franchises, wherein they attempt to create a similar franchise as a replacement. Though at times this can lead to the best thing ever (Bayonetta).
quote:
なんじゃそりゃ?? (ref)

My my, those space marine boots are gargantuan, almost chun-li thigh size.

[this message was edited by badoor on Sat 29 Oct 07:35]

Megane
549th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reveal." , posted Tue 1 Nov 01:35post reply

Rocket Raccoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDjttNGgYA
Frank West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwyV7ZQL7AI
Frank West vs RR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwcOx8unqyQ
RR vs Frank West
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1Sx7ZVd3k

Ishmael
4246th Post

"Re(1):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Tue 1 Nov 08:04post reply

I like Asuka but that girl wears the ugliest boots I've ever seen.
quote:
Rocket Raccoon

That's a nice combination of adorable woodland creature and hardass. Kudos to Capcom for getting across Rocket's characterization through his animation and in-game shouting. That's a character that could have easily gone overboard into Conker's Bad Fur Day territory.

Professor
3282th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Thu 3 Nov 11:05post reply

An interesting read about Daigo going Macrobiotic and changing his lifestyle as a pro gamer. His popularity and number of interviews knows no limits.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/01/srk-interview-with-daigo-ae2012-being-a-top-gamer-and-a-new-training-regimen/

Ishmael
4251th Post

"Re(3):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Tue 8 Nov 02:48post reply

quote:
An interesting read about Daigo going Macrobiotic and changing his lifestyle as a pro gamer. His popularity and number of interviews knows no limits.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/01/srk-interview-with-daigo-ae2012-being-a-top-gamer-and-a-new-training-regimen/

It's interesting to see how over the years Daigo has changed from what appeared to be a somewhat withdrawn person to someone who has accepted his cult status. Although I don't know how far the whole professional video game thing is going to go I give him credit for being a spokesman for something he enjoys. His willingness to shift his entire life over to a fitocracy style regimen is also impressive but that probably says more about Daigo's monomaniacal personality than it does about the stakes in the fighting game pro circuit. I can't imagine the piddly compensation he probably receives from sponsorship deals alone is worth that level of dedication.

Speaking of how things change over the years, I noticed that GamePro has changed from whatever it once was into a large, quarterly perfect bound magazine. I only bring this up because the issue currently on the stands features a listing of the top fifty fighting game characters. Those sorts of lists are arbitrary and silly but any compilation that includes the chainsaw dude from Time Killers but dismisses Yun as "the Poochie of Street Fighter" can't be all bad.

nobinobita
1001th Post

"Re(4):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Tue 8 Nov 04:17post reply

quote:

Speaking of how things change over the years, I noticed that GamePro has changed from whatever it once was into a large, quarterly perfect bound magazine. I only bring this up because the issue currently on the stands features a listing of the top fifty fighting game characters. Those sorts of lists are arbitrary and sill

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

Speaking of Gamepro and favorite fighting game characters:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/219185/arcade-games-that-time-forgot-dino-rex/

My favorite fighting game character:
Fat T-rex from Dino Rex!

www.art-eater.com

nobinobita
1003th Post

"Re(4):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Tue 8 Nov 04:22:post reply

This is also a really cool feature:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/224654/gamepro-retro-issue-3-ninjas/

*edit* I could do without the snarky commentary though. *edit*

I hope other magazines start following suit. I would LOVE to go back and read old issues of EGM, Gamefan and Nintendo Power in their entirety. And it would be great to be able to comment and share specific pages with friends (hey remember this awesome 2 page spread on Seiken Densetsu 3?)

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 8 Nov 04:25]

HAYATO
1051th Post

"Re(5):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Tue 8 Nov 07:06post reply

quote:
This is also a really cool feature:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/224654/gamepro-retro-issue-3-ninjas/

*edit* I could do without the snarky commentary though. *edit*

I hope other magazines start following suit. I would LOVE to go back and read old issues of EGM, Gamefan and Nintendo Power in their entirety. And it would be great to be able to comment and share specific pages with friends (hey remember this awesome 2 page spread on Seiken Densetsu 3?)

Then, you should do better than just waiting for that kind of stuff to come up: check out Retro Gamer Magazine. It's a really neat and well-rounded publication that I'd recommend to anyone who is keen on retrogaming themes. Be it articles about the history of gaming, interviews with developers of yore or emulation, this magazine covers them all.

There are 2 DVD compilations available so far, covering the first 55 issues of this great UK mag on .pdf format. I've only read up to #18 yet, but it's one of the best written and most gratifying gaming readings I've had in several months!

karasu99
792th Post

"Re(6):RR and Frank for UMvC3's Halloween reve" , posted Wed 9 Nov 06:19post reply

quote:

There are 2 DVD compilations available so far, covering the first 55 issues of this great UK mag on .pdf format. I've only read up to #18 yet, but it's one of the best written and most gratifying gaming readings I've had in several months!

Thanks for pointing out that compilations are available in PDF form-- I've been thinking of reading Retro Gamer for literally years now but the cost of a subscription has put me off a bit. The DVD collections are really reasonably prices though, so I've now officially ordered them. Looks like volume 3 isn't far off either!

Since this is a fighting game thread I feel like I have to provide some content, even if it's just these goofy Tekken-theme-painted jets from Ace Combat.

www.secret-arts.com

GekigangerV
1725th Post

PSN: gekijmo

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"UmvC3 endings and alternate costumes" , posted Sat 12 Nov 15:39post reply

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chaoticgaming360

That fellow has the endings for all the new characters.

The game guide was released and someone posted images of alternates. I can't find the link now but this is what I remember off the top of my head

Capcom
Firebrand - Has some Armor
Frank West - Megaman X armor
Nemesis - Shirtless
Phoenix Wright - Pink Sweater
Vergil - Corrupted Vergil
Amaterasu - John Talbain color and pants
Arthur - Zombie?
Felicia - Yellow Iris from Battle Circuit
Hsien-Ko - Her Sister
Haggar - Final Fight 3
Spencer - Classic look
Trish - Gloria
Tron - Her mech now looks like a giant kobun head Joe - Casual clothes
Zero- Megaman X

Marvel
Dr. Strange - Necromancer of Counter-Earth
Ghost Rider - 2099
Hawkeye - Ronin
Iron Fist - Ultimate look
Nova - Classic
Rocket Raccoon - green clothes from 70's
Deadpool - Cable cosplay
Dormammu - Classic look
Hulk - World War Hulk
Magneto - King of Spain(House of M)
Phoenix - Jim Lee
She-Hulk - Business suit
Spider-Man - Scarlet Spider
Taskmaster - Udon
Wolverine - Weapon X

End of Spoiler

Ishmael
4253th Post

"Re(1):UmvC3 endings and alternate costumes" , posted Sun 13 Nov 05:31post reply

quote:
The game guide was released and someone posted images of alternates. I can't find the link now but this is what I remember off the top of my head

A number of those new costumes are terrific.

I'm surprised they dug up Hagar's greasy ponytail FF3 look. Personally I was hoping for a suit and tie mayor look and/or a feather boa but you can't have everything. At least Capcom managed to get a shout-out to Battle Circuit into the game.

Although I doubt they appreciate the joke, I also like that Capcom is now openly mocking Mega Man fans. At this point not having Mega Man in the game is more entertaining than his inclusion would be.

End of Spoiler

In other fighting game news, BlazBlue gives the fans what they want.

Professor
3289th Post

MMCafe Owner

"More P3 characters" , posted Wed 16 Nov 13:28post reply

But what's with their outfits?

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5812e0159542007

Gojira
2802th Post

"SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Thu 17 Nov 08:52:post reply

And fans of R. Mika disintegrate into piles of salt

I do like the concept, though.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 17 Nov 09:07]

mbisonhatclub
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Thu 17 Nov 11:17post reply

quote:

Too bad the execution is so godawful ugly.

A lot of content doesn't mean a lot of good content. To paraphrase an old internet neighbor, I can put a dense amount of turds into a box and call it a lot of content.

But that doesn't exactly make the shit inside qualify the wholistic element as good. That's the problem with people justifying something as good by simply saying it "has lots of content".

Gojira
2803th Post

"Re(2):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Thu 17 Nov 12:37:post reply

quote:

A lot of content doesn't mean a lot of good content. To paraphrase an old internet neighbor, I can put a dense amount of turds into a box and call it a lot of content.

But that doesn't exactly make the shit inside qualify the wholistic element as good. That's the problem with people justifying something as good by simply saying it "has lots of content".

On the other hand, if what you wanted was a box of turds, then denying yourself a box of more turds wouldn't make any sense.

Edit:
More alts and a color edit mode

[this message was edited by Gojira on Thu 17 Nov 19:59]

Freeter
4552th Post

"Re(3):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Thu 17 Nov 23:30post reply

quote:

That's either Bob cosplaying Ryu, or the typical Comic-Con attendee.

At least it isn't Ono in drag (or maybe he's reserving that for Akuma).

Ishmael
4258th Post

"Re(4):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Thu 17 Nov 23:39:post reply

I cannot stop looking at R.Kuma. That's quite an accomplishment considering he has to compete for attention with the get-up Rufus is sporting.

In other news, there's a new Samurai Shodown game but it's not the SS game I want. But since what I want is a sequel to the SS RPG I'm probably never going to get what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Just in case you can't get enough Yoshimitsu in your life he's been added to SCV.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Fri 18 Nov 01:48]

Lugos
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Fri 18 Nov 11:47post reply

quote:

Haha! I'd love to see them give Bob or Rufus a Bill Bull or G. Oriber costume, it'd look perfect on them. But I think those costumes would be too subtle for this game.

Pollyanna
3143th Post

"Re(3):SFxT alternate outfits" , posted Sat 19 Nov 03:06post reply

quote:

This is a thread that links to an article with a picture of a lizard man with dual hatchets and (feathered!) wings and I can still say that these SFXT costumes are horribly garish and tasteless.

It's like many became desensitized to ugly after growing to like SF4 and now they have to up the ugly ante. I mean the game was ugly to begin with, and although I like the idea of seeing the Tekken cast rendered in a more cartoony style, the execution seems kind of thoughtless.

But hey, different mindset. I'm not normally the type to try and make my characters look as ridiculous as possible, but that has its appeal in a way.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

sibarraz
306th Post

XBL: sibarraz4life

Bronze Customer

"The Chinese KOF" , posted Tue 22 Nov 20:26:post reply

Looks Familiar

[this message was edited by sibarraz on Tue 22 Nov 20:42]

karasu99
801th Post

"Re(4):SFxT alternate universes" , posted Fri 2 Dec 08:49post reply

So, console exclusive Sony mascots Toro and Kuro are shown in action. That's new, right? Or did I just lose interest a little bit ago? They seem amusing enough.

www.secret-arts.com

mbisonhatclub
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):SFxT alternate universes" , posted Fri 2 Dec 11:01post reply

quote:
So, console exclusive Sony mascots Toro and Kuro are shown in action. That's new, right? Or did I just lose interest a little bit ago? They seem amusing enough.

It's nothing new, since they've been announced and demonstrated a long while back. If you really loved the idea of Toro and Kuro, you're really going to love Pacman and Bad Boxart Megaman.

chazumaru
840th Post

"Re(6):SFxT" , posted Sun 4 Dec 04:07post reply

There was a Namco x Cacom event yesterday, with a focus on charities and booze. A bunch of games were playable, including SFxT. Some high level guys like Ryan Hart were present.

◆ Much closer to SF4 than Tekken.
◆ Quite amusing to play Tekken characters with QCF moves; it turns Bob into a sort of Cheng.
◆ Gem system was still not implemented in this build, which got some players concerned.
◆ Backgrounds are amazing! Best ones I have seen in a fighting game since CVS, I think.
◆ Overall, the few high level players I talked to are quite nervous about the game, but I was also told it takes time to properly master tag games because of the many exploits usually associated with tags (case in point: MVC2).
◆ Crazy how easy it is to perform combos. Even my mom could pull off the launcher fingers in the nose. No good timing necessary, really. Also, the resulting tag is safe because it will only tag if the launcher is successful. Then, the only issue is to find what to proceed with after the auto tag. Many people played Ryu+Ken (...) and a popular solution at the event was to proceed with a SRK.
◆ Could not understand the point of charging specials until you get a super. I thought you could cheat the charge somehow but it seems impossible. Only appeal seems to be against dizzy, wake-ups or to counter another charged move (ex. Bob's jumping special might be able to counter a charged hadoken from afar, even if pulled out in reaction).
◆ One guy did the X Factor thing by accident, but died right away.
◆ Tekken-prejudice alert! Slamming buttons randomly on the joystick with Marduk seems to weild good combo results.
◆ Hugo is Hugo but I felt some moves are missing!? Too big.
◆ Poison is beautiful but I was disappointed by her projectiles. I though it would work like Oro's Ex or SA balls. Not that convenient.
◆ Couldn't find how to fart with Kuma.
◆ Tekken players claim the game takes away 40% of Tekken characters' movelist. It reminded me of the polemics surrounding CVS.
◆ Good comment I heard from someone close to this game (will let you guess which side they came from): if they really believed in SFxT as a major fighting game, they would have been careful to release it when the calendar gets a little bit less jammed. The mere fact they release it in the middle of so many other titles show they are not so confident and are rather trying to make sure they capture the lighter SF or Tekken audience made active with recent episodes. Lowered expactations ahoy!

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

Spoon
2256th Post

"Re(7):SFxT" , posted Sun 4 Dec 05:02post reply

quote:
launcher fingers in the nose.

Hol Horse confirmed for SFxT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish

quote:
Tekken chars missing most of their moves

I'm really not surprised. The movelists for characters in 3D fighting games are nuts. Marduk in T6 has like 30 moves for grappling alone, never mind the rest of his attacks.

Ishmael
4263th Post

"Re(8):SFxT" , posted Mon 5 Dec 14:01post reply

Things I have learned recently:

1. I'm not certain how useful Zangief's knock down with far will be but it's funny when you land it.

2. TTT2 is fun even though I had no idea what I was doing when I played it.

3. Daigo isn't very good with El Fuerte.

4. The sharper graphics on the arcade version of SSF4 means you get a better view down Makoto's top.

Grave
1417th Post

"Re(9):SFxT" , posted Tue 6 Dec 02:43post reply

quote:
2. TTT2 is fun even though I had no idea what I was doing when I played it.

4. The sharper graphics on the arcade version of SSF4 means you get a better view down Makoto's top.

Did you play the real thing or the Tekken Hybrid demo? Hybrid doesn't appeal to me a lot now that I know TTT HD isn't online, but I do want to try TTT2. When I can borrow it I'm probably gonna do that, but it's a lot of money for stuff I don't really want. Bummer.

Also, are arcade SSF4's graphics significantly different? I guess I've never seen it in person but I couldn't imagine it was too different. The only SF4 machine I've seen had crashed and was displaying a Windows error message. Whoops.

Toxico
5530th Post

"Re(10):SFxT" , posted Tue 6 Dec 04:11post reply

quote:
Also, are arcade SSF4's graphics significantly different?

You should know Capcom by now

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 21/11/11 (Temporary mega upload link). // 104 personajes traducidos

Last update : Chapter 23 as of 20/11/11

viparas
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(10):SFxT" , posted Tue 6 Dec 07:49post reply

quote:

Also, are arcade SSF4's graphics significantly different? I guess I've never seen it in person but I couldn't imagine it was too different. The only SF4 machine I've seen had crashed and was displaying a Windows error message. Whoops.

Barring a quick google image search for SSF4 and SFxT, the best description for the difference between SF4 and SFxT graphics is the post rendering effects. SF4 likes using Inky post rendering, mimicking the style of the official artwork. SFxT uses a water effect. Like all of the characters are perspiring buckets.

SF3: Makoto/Alex/Hugo
SF4: Vega
SSF4: Vega/Makoto

Ishmael
4264th Post

"Re(10):SFxT" , posted Wed 7 Dec 06:00post reply

quote:
Did you play the real thing or the Tekken Hybrid demo? Hybrid doesn't appeal to me a lot now that I know TTT HD isn't online, but I do want to try TTT2. When I can borrow it I'm probably gonna do that, but it's a lot of money for stuff I don't really want. Bummer.

I was in Tokyo for a few days so I got a chance to check out Taito Station in South Shinjuku and a few other places brought to my attention by the MMCafe Arcade Guide. The games that were getting all the love while I was there was SSF4, some Gundam game, and TTT2. KoF wasn't getting much attention but I'm guessing that's because all the players were making perverse color edits working on combos with the home version. Man, I forgot how intense arcades could get and not even with the top tier players. I saw one OL who was playing Tekken like it was her job or something.

As for the graphics, I know that SF4 -and possibly T6?- had slightly downgraded graphics for the home versions. Still, there was very little difference between the two and unless you land something like Makoto's Seichusen Godanzuki it's hard to spot the changes. It's not like the old days where the home versions dropped animation frames.

Tai-Pan
510th Post

XBL: Kusanagi82

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):SFxT" , posted Thu 8 Dec 07:28post reply

quote:

As for the graphics, I know that SF4 -and possibly T6?- had slightly downgraded graphics for the home versions. Still, there was very little difference between the two and unless you land something like Makoto's Seichusen Godanzuki it's hard to spot the changes.

()_() Can you point me in the right direction? Haven't been able to find videos displaying these differences. I would love to see this (even screenshots!).

Thanks!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Ishmael
4266th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):SFxT" , posted Fri 9 Dec 02:10post reply

quote:
()_() Can you point me in the right direction? Haven't been able to find videos displaying these differences. I would love to see this (even screenshots!).

Thanks!

Again, all I have is some anecdotal evidence from the internet -since everything written on the internet is true!- and the rare occasions when I've been able to play the arcade games. As far as I know, it's just slightly smoother modeling in a few spots so it's nothing dramatic. The feeling that Yoshimitsu's head looks a smidge better in the arcade version isn't something that a YouTube video is going to be able to pick up on.

Megane
551th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"GEMS - Truly outrageous" , posted Thu 15 Dec 10:20post reply

News of standard gems and preorder/DLC sets have arrived.

Vid:
http://youtu.be/yfL7AL5WNjU

Standard Gem Set:
http://i.minus.com/ibw0NamQDEyTZc.png

Special Edition Exclusive Gems:
http://i.minus.com/ibk4ii2NxI2Vk9.png

Gamestop Preorder Gems:
http://i.minus.com/iY8wXz96KhMEI.png

Amazon Preorder Gems:
http://i.minus.com/ib0dX7NkGOUBFc.png

Best Buy Preorder Gems:
http://i.minus.com/ibpr9b8hq1jwRV.png

Special Edition Preorder Gems:
http://i.minus.com/itabWFjpK0bUt.png

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/14/street_fighter_x_tekken:_standard_and_pre-order_gems_listed,_explained

More Pics:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/14/street-fighter-x-tekken-image-gallery-gems-rivals-and-artwork-edition/

My first impression of it is... I kinda like it, and not like it at the same time...? I really have to play this with friends to see if it's good, though. The pro people have mentioned not allowing them on tourneys though at this point.

Ishmael
4270th Post

"Re(1):GEMS - Truly outrageous" , posted Thu 15 Dec 13:34post reply

I've wasted enough of my life on games so that when I hear a play mechanic described I can make an educated guess as to how it will be implemented and affect the game. SFxT is fascinating because I have no idea how this whole gem thing is going to work. I'm not saying that as a negative, it's just odd to see something in a game that I can't make heads or tails of.

Ishmael
4275th Post

"Re(2):GEMS - Truly outrageous" , posted Sat 24 Dec 02:13post reply

Double Double Post Post!

The picture of Asuka punching Guile in the face is terrific. I don't know who it is at Capcom that makes the screen shots but I'm glad they have the same sense of humor I do.

Spoon
2259th Post

"Re(3):GEMS - Truly outrageous" , posted Sat 24 Dec 04:41post reply

quote:
Double Double Post Post!

The picture of Asuka punching Guile in the face is terrific. I don't know who it is at Capcom that makes the screen shots but I'm glad they have the same sense of humor I do.

Alternatively, Nina's arm makes me think she has been given a new super power that enables her to make her limbs bigger
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/ch_nina.html#main_menu

Ishmael
4276th Post

"Re(4):GEMS - Truly outrageous" , posted Sat 24 Dec 11:13post reply

quote:
Alternatively, Nina's arm makes me think she has been given a new super power that enables her to make her limbs bigger
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/ch_nina.html#main_menu

After seeing Kazuya's Spinning Demon kick in all its twisty glory I've become convinced the Tekken characters are quite willing to distort reality for the sake of a move.

Professor
3344th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Tier Graph makers for SSF4AE and others" , posted Mon 2 Jan 20:10post reply

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ssf4/index.html SSF4AE2012
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umvc3/index.html Ultimate MvC3
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/bbcsx/index.html BBCSex

And I'm surprised Megane actually remembered that super-niche cartoon song from... oh lord, when was that...

Loona
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Tier Graph makers for SSF4AE and others" , posted Mon 2 Jan 23:45post reply

quote:
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/ssf4/index.html SSF4AE2012
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umvc3/index.html Ultimate MvC3
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/bbcsx/index.html BBCSex

KoF isn't special here anymore :(

quote:

And I'm surprised Megane actually remembered that super-niche cartoon song from... oh lord, when was that...

I'd blame lupinko.

Professor
3345th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Tier Graph makers for SSF4AE and others" , posted Mon 2 Jan 23:50post reply

quote:

Actually KOF was the first one created but I already posted it in the SNKP thread-- here it is for anyone that's missed it.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html

Loona
491th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tier Graph makers for SSF4AE and others" , posted Tue 3 Jan 12:12post reply

quote:

Actually KOF was the first one created but I already posted it in the SNKP thread

Yeah, I know, but the fanboy in me likes the idea of KoF getting special treatment, especially with precedents like the South Town map page :)

Ishmael
4288th Post

"Re(4):Tier Graph makers for SSF4AE and others" , posted Fri 13 Jan 23:55post reply

A few more DoA5 screens have shown up. So far there's still not much to be seen other than that Ayane has her DoA3 outfit and Hitomi can still take her varsity jacket off.

The voting contest for Miss SFxT is now open. I'm going to skip working this morning and study up on the candidates since I need to put a great deal of time and research into my vote.

badoor
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"SoulCaliburV in japanese" , posted Sun 15 Jan 17:59:post reply

New trailer with Japanese VO

I was hoping that it showed a little bit of Wakamoto goodness to continue our streak. But alas there was none. Let us watch this to salivate our ears in anticipation.

[this message was edited by badoor on Sun 15 Jan 18:00]

Maou
2292th Post

"Re(1):SoulCaliburV in japanese" , posted Mon 16 Jan 04:59post reply

quote:
Excitin'! I feel like Dampierre should be (forcibly) given to the jerks who don't buy the game at the beginning, though.

Gojira
2807th Post

"Re(2):SoulCaliburV in japanese" , posted Mon 16 Jan 08:47post reply

It worries me a bit that only certain characters are being focused on. Decently-constructed cutscenes and dialogues are always nice but I really don't care about story canon in fighting games. I'd rather view them in more of the traditional "vacuum" scenario so nobody gets written off or ignored.

And as the release date nears, it's becoming increasingly evident that certain characters just aren't coming back. No Cassandra, Talim, Zasalamel, Mina, Amy, Yunseong, etc... and some of them don't even have reasonable gameplay replacements. And yet Algol and his scrubbing bubbles get to return. What's more, it looks like Algol still has "boss/guest" status and can't be customized beyond his "outfit" colors, or have his moveset available to custom characters, making him kind of a waste for people who like personalizing their character of choice.

Ishmael
4289th Post

"Re(1):SoulCaliburV in japanese" , posted Wed 18 Jan 00:54post reply

quote:

I like that one of the selling points is the option to have bulbous thighs on your created character.

Here's a new video featuring Yoshi and Edge Master playing as a character that has yet to be announced.

karasu99
822th Post

"Re(2):SFxT peoples" , posted Wed 18 Jan 01:35post reply

quote:

Here's a new video featuring Yoshi and Edge Master playing as a character that has yet to be announced.

I'm trying to figure out what that weapon even is!

Also, lots more people for SF x T-- and playing as Pacman and some sort of Mega Man variant makes this seem more like Fighters Megamix every day! Maybe that helps explain how they'll reconcile the extremely different SF and Tekken playstyles. I'm getting a little interested again!

www.secret-arts.com

Megane
552th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):SFxT peoples" , posted Wed 18 Jan 01:49post reply

quote:

I'm trying to figure out what that weapon even is!

Also, lots more people for SF x T-- and playing as Pacman and some sort of Mega Man variant makes this seem more like Fighters Megamix every day! Maybe that helps explain how they'll reconcile the extremely different SF and Tekken playstyles. I'm getting a little interested again!

BAD BOXART MEGAMAN?!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cvZL8gXNKb4/TFIZNzU4NTI/AAAAAAAABH4/rF80nxyozX8/s1600/megaman1boxart.jpg

You're wrinkling my brain.

Ishmael
4290th Post

"Re(4):SFxT peoples" , posted Wed 18 Jan 01:59post reply

quote:

BAD BOXART MEGAMAN?!

I want this version of MegaMan to be the only MM that is allowed in fighting games.

New character art has popped up as well. Having Miharu appear in Xiayou's portrait is nice but it's Paul that steals the show. Cameos by Capcom fighting aliens and a reference to Paul's bizarre T5 ending is a combo I love.

Spoon
2274th Post

"Re(5):SFxT peoples" , posted Wed 18 Jan 08:38post reply

It made me smile, twice, all around my face.

karasu99
824th Post

"Re(6):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Wed 18 Jan 13:01:post reply

2P designs (Bayonetta style) by Mari Shimazaki! ...aaaand somehow Ivy's 2P seems positively conservative.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Wed 18 Jan 13:08]

nobinobita
1030th Post

"Re(7):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Wed 18 Jan 13:55:post reply

quote:
It made me smile, twice, all around my face.

quote:
2P designs (Bayonetta style) by Mari Shimazaki! ...aaaand somehow Ivy's 2P seems positively conservative.

Those are adorable! It's nice to see the series take a step back towards clear legible designs (though I liked the insanely ornate designs too--they made it seem like everyone was getting older and wealthier and increasingly mad with power with each game)

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Wed 18 Jan 13:56]

Nekros
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SFxT peoples" , posted Fri 20 Jan 19:16post reply

quote:

According to Lupinko rumors is not exactly Pac-Man as a playable character. Is Pac-Man riding a Mokujin, like Tron Bonne on her mecha or Midna riding wolf-Link.
Why that ugly-boxart megaman and not Rockman X? Whyyyyyy?????? -_________________________-

Spoon
2276th Post

"Re(4):SFxT peoples" , posted Fri 20 Jan 19:23post reply

quote:

According to Lupinko rumors is not exactly Pac-Man as a playable character. Is Pac-Man riding a Mokujin, like Tron Bonne on her mecha or Midna riding wolf-Link.
Why that ugly-boxart megaman and not Rockman X? Whyyyyyy?????? -_________________________-

I didn't think that they'd be able to surprise me with megaman/rockman, but if they really did pick the MM1 US boxart megaman, then I will be quite surprised. Seeing as how I'll have both megaman and a wonderful surprise, I'd be much happier, and I'm not even kidding.

Ishmael
4292th Post

"Re(7):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Fri 20 Jan 22:46post reply

quote:

I rather like that Tira costume. It keeps SC's love of being overly elaborate without becoming so busy you can't tell what's going on. Plus it even brings in Tira's interest in birds so the costume makes sense for her character.

For every good thing that SC5 does -such as bringing in Mari Shimazaki- there are troubling rumors such as the suggestion that there are going to be three Edge Master style characters. But at this point the defining characteristic of the SC series is that it constantly teeters on the edge of total disaster so I guess this whiplash of good and bad is to be expected. While on the subject of SC5 here are some new 2P costumes.

karasu99
827th Post

"Re(8):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sat 21 Jan 03:22post reply

quote:
While on the subject of SC5 here are some new 2P costumes.

Wow, the last few games I've been underwhelmed by costumes, but these all look fabulous, for the most part. Especially Yoshimitsu. They've really gone all-out with his 2P design this time!

www.secret-arts.com

Nekros
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sat 21 Jan 05:01post reply

quote:
While on the subject of SC5 here are some new 2P costumes.

Wow, the last few games I've been underwhelmed by costumes, but these all look fabulous, for the most part. Especially Yoshimitsu. They've really gone all-out with his 2P design this time!

Just bought SCIV (ok, I'm late...). Was wondering if SCV will have mangaka-designed characters like the previous game. And I expect a lot from Ezio, too (good choice in guest character, at least way better than the rumored LOTR characters).

Pollyanna
3169th Post

"Re(9):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sat 21 Jan 07:17post reply

quote:

That's a link to Dreamcast (2) designs. I read your post over and over again, trying to figure out if you were making a joke. Then I tried to make a joke, myself, but I've got nothing. I can't quite link Yoshimitsu designs and Dreamcast designs. I think I need Ishmael's help.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

karasu99
828th Post

"Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sat 21 Jan 08:00post reply

quote:

That's a link to Dreamcast (2) designs. I read your post over and over again, trying to figure out if you were making a joke. Then I tried to make a joke, myself, but I've got nothing. I can't quite link Yoshimitsu designs and Dreamcast designs. I think I need Ishmael's help.

OOPS! I was trying to include that in an email to someone, and I suspect I must have sent him the Yoshimitsu link instead. Ah well. Here's the real one, double checked to make sure I got it right (I did)!

Hur, I wish I was clever enough to even conceive of a joke that could somehow involve both Yoshimitsu and the DC2, but you're right: if anyone can, it's Ishmael.

I'm sure by now looking at the actual correctly-linked Yoshimitsu image is a 100% let-down.

www.secret-arts.com

Nekros
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sat 21 Jan 20:58post reply

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/20/soul-calibur-5-footage-of-elysium-kilik-%CE%B1-patroklos-and-pyrrha-%CF%89/
Here you can see how to waste a row in a character selet screen and to recicle stupid idead from Mortal Kombat and Lords Of Shadows arena and bg designs.

Maou
2294th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sun 22 Jan 04:44post reply

quote:
http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/20/soul-calibur-5-footage-of-elysium-kilik-%CE%B1-patroklos-and-pyrrha-%CF%89/

On the positive side...it's like the return of "Sophitia!!" from Soul Edge. (Exclamation marks not my own.)

Ishmael
4294th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Sun 22 Jan 05:07post reply

quote:
OOPS! I was trying to include that in an email to someone, and I suspect I must have sent him the Yoshimitsu link instead.

I wonder how often mistakes like this happen to me. When I post here I'm often supposed to be doing... other things so the results could be much worse. Does the material I handle at work have accidental Famitsu links included? Wouldn't that be a fun surprise!

quote:
Here you can see how to waste a row in a character selet screen and to recicle stupid idead from Mortal Kombat and Lords Of Shadows arena and bg designs.

So there are characters that don't have movesets and movesets that don't have characters? SC5 must have suffered from some serious workflow issues.

Pollyanna
3172th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Tue 24 Jan 22:06post reply

quote:

So there are characters that don't have movesets and movesets that don't have characters? SC5 must have suffered from some serious workflow issues.

I'm hoping this doesn't spill into the rest of the game, but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking. It'll probably end up shelved like the last two Soul Caliburs after I unlock everything.

I'm looking forward to what horrendous creations other players make online. Last time it was just a bunch of Clouds and Snakes. I liked making their pants explode, though.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
4295th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):and and and... back to SCV" , posted Wed 25 Jan 00:32post reply

quote:
I'm looking forward to what horrendous creations other players make online. Last time it was just a bunch of Clouds and Snakes. I liked making their pants explode, though.

The promise of more exploding pants is the main selling point of SC5 for me at this point.

In news that might actually be stranger than exploding pants, it seems there's going to be a streaming reality show based around SFxT. If you thought the SS Sen videos that Toxico recently posted were tough to sit through you ain't seen nothing yet.

Professor
3364th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Looking for SCV character select screenshots" , posted Wed 1 Feb 05:59post reply

Can anyone direct me to a few good screenshots of the character select screen with everyone unlocked? Love to add SCV to the tiermaker.

karasu99
840th Post

"Re(1):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Wed 1 Feb 10:57post reply

quote:
Can anyone direct me to a few good screenshots of the character select screen with everyone unlocked? Love to add SCV to the tiermaker.

The best I've been able to find is at this place, but the screen is not the best. I thought sure some better ones would be floating around.

In SF x Tekken news, apparently the DLC characters have been 'leaked', and they're Leo, Christie, Guy, and Cody. I guess Haggar will never make it into a game with the other two Final Fight dudes.

www.secret-arts.com

Freeter
4559th Post

"Re(2):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Wed 1 Feb 12:29post reply

quote:
I guess Haggar will never make it into a game with the other two Final Fight dudes.

If Ono and Capcom continue their milking ways, we'll see him in SFxxT along with Yo Noid and overweight Dig Dug.

Ishmael
4303th Post

"Re(2):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 03:40post reply

quote:
In SF x Tekken news, apparently the DLC characters have been 'leaked', and they're Leo, Christie, Guy, and Cody. I guess Haggar will never make it into a game with the other two Final Fight dudes.

If Haggar joined in with the grapple mania of Zangief, King and Hugo the game would turn into Final Fight x Muscle Bomber. SFxT is obviously out of control but I don't think even it could stand up to that level of insanity. Still, if more FF characters were added I wouldn't complain since five characters is obviously not enough.

karasu99
842th Post

"Re(3):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 04:09:post reply

quote:
If Ono and Capcom continue their milking ways, we'll see him in SFxxT along with Yo Noid and overweight Dig Dug.

Hurm, Dig Dug would be a great guest character, overweight or otherwise!

quote:
If Haggar joined in with the grapple mania of Zangief, King and Hugo the game would turn into Final Fight x Muscle Bomber. SFxT is obviously out of control but I don't think even it could stand up to that level of insanity. Still, if more FF characters were added I wouldn't complain since five characters is obviously not enough.

Five is not nearly enough! Seriously though I've always wondered how it was that Haggar got left out of SFZ3 when Cody got added. Ah well!

Unless something crazy happens, I suspect that if this truly is the list of DLC characters, we won't get more than just these-- wasn't Capcom just recently discussing how difficult it is to add new characters that weren't originally planned (in reference to nonstop calls for Megaman to be added to UMvC3)?

EDIT: as I went to find the link for the next part, I saw that it appears that Alisa and Lei are suspected to be joining the cast. I think that still leaves a slot or two, so we may yet get Yo Noid and Dig Dug. EDIT EDIT: Personally I'd like to see player 2 from Forgotten Worlds!

In related news about SFxT, Capcom characters will have 6 buttons for attacks, while Namco ones will have 4, as in their respective games. I had been wondering if the Namco movelists would be shoehorned into SF-style controls since this is the Capcom 'side' of the crossover, but instead we'll get a weird mashup. Seems like a real mess in the making to me, but who knows: it already looks like this will be in no way a balanced game.

www.secret-arts.com

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Thu 2 Feb 04:11]

Pollyanna
3177th Post

"Re(4):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 04:17post reply

quote:
In related news about SFxT, Capcom characters will have 6 buttons for attacks, while Namco ones will have 4, as in their respective games. I had been wondering if the Namco movelists would be shoehorned into SF-style controls since this is the Capcom 'side' of the crossover, but instead we'll get a weird mashup. Seems like a real mess in the making to me, but who knows: it already looks like this will be in no way a balanced game.

I think you're a little mixed up here. A weeks or so back, Harada (the Tekken guy) was questioning whether he would go with a 6 button or 4 button setup in TxSF NOT SFxT. I'm wondering if the "only SF characters will use 6" is a troll attempt anyway. Or perhaps just a "we're so early in development, who knows what crazy stuff might happen!"

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Loona
505th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 04:41post reply

What worries me is that even if the game will still take some years to make, they're still pretty far behind on the design/decision process on things like standard controls (I don't know if every Tekken character has a 1+2 command that could be used for HP and 3+4 for HK, but surely it should be possible to make the 2 extra buttons shortcuts for some simple enough move? CvS 1 and 2 managed fine) and contemplating projectiles (Tekken characters have handled that with a few of their boss characters).

Hopefully Harada and his team are just tossing those things out there to see how people may react, to help them shape their decisions, but hopefully they already have some default solid ground to work from.

karasu99
842th Post

"Re(5):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 06:32post reply

quote:
I think you're a little mixed up here. A weeks or so back, Harada (the Tekken guy) was questioning whether he would go with a 6 button or 4 button setup in TxSF NOT SFxT. I'm wondering if the "only SF characters will use 6" is a troll attempt anyway. Or perhaps just a "we're so early in development, who knows what crazy stuff might happen!"

Oho, you're right! I misread the article as being about SFxT, not TxSF. As for TxSF, I'd personally love to see SF characters fit into Tekken style gameplay-- in other words, maybe no projectiles and with weird Tekken-style floatiness.

www.secret-arts.com

Freeter
4560th Post

"Re(6):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 08:49post reply

quote:
I'd personally love to see SF characters fit into Tekken style gameplay-- in other words, maybe no projectiles and with weird Tekken-style floatiness.

Karin and Q would feel right at home.

Megane
558th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 13:42post reply

quote:
I'd personally love to see SF characters fit into Tekken style gameplay-- in other words, maybe no projectiles and with weird Tekken-style floatiness.

Karin and Q would feel right at home.

Dudley and Makoto as well!

Pollyanna
3178th Post

"Re(8):Looking for SCV character select screen" , posted Thu 2 Feb 15:32post reply

In case any of you are on the line about Soul Calibur V, it might be worth mentioning that the story mode is told with tons and tons of storyboard-esque illustrations. Kind of reminds me of Yasuhiko Yoshikazu's Joan d'Arc manga.

I don't know if this is a selling point for everyone, but if I had known this beforehand, I wouldn't bought the game with triple the enthusiasm (my initial enthusiasm was admittedly fairly low). The soundtrack is also extremely impressive and I haven't liked a Soul soundtrack since Khan Super Session. It's a shame that the LE comes with a "Best of" CD rather than the V soundtrack.

My time spent with the game is limited, and although I've bought all the main games, I wouldn't consider myself qualified as a Soul Calibur fan...but at this point...I would certainly consider it the best in the series and the only one I haven't felt sour about since II. I'm not sure how much that really counts for, but I'm pleasantly surprised for sure.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

karasu99
847th Post

"Re(9):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Wed 15 Feb 10:25post reply

But that's okay! I've been about as excited to hear about it as I am about Phantom Breaker's US release in a few weeks!

Anyway: I for one am shocked to hear who the remaining characters in SF X T are! Who could have guessed!

www.secret-arts.com

Ishmael
4309th Post

"Re(10):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Wed 15 Feb 12:21post reply

quote:
But that's okay! I've been about as excited to hear about it as I am about Phantom Breaker's US release in a few weeks!

Anyway: I for one am shocked to hear who the remaining characters in SF X T are! Who could have guessed!

Wakamoto and his SFEX super are confirmed! I don't know if this game is going to be good -I don't even know what good means any more- but it does look fun.

karasu99
848th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Wed 15 Feb 13:17post reply

quote:
I don't even know what good means any more- but it does look fun.

No kidding-- I'm marching zombie-like to the release date, R, Mika outfit for some Tekken person: CHECK PLUS.

www.secret-arts.com

Gojira
2819th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Wed 15 Feb 13:55post reply

I thought the leak had more characters. I guess they'll be in the eventual "arcade edition" update. It's hard to look at the current character select screen layout and imagine only two more characters on that screen. The asymmetry!

Ishmael
4311th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Wed 15 Feb 23:33post reply

quote:
I thought the leak had more characters. I guess they'll be in the eventual "arcade edition" update. It's hard to look at the current character select screen layout and imagine only two more characters on that screen. The asymmetry!

With all the various console-specific characters I'm not certain there is ever going to be a set look for the character select screen.

Is the background that features hovercraft and a Pandora infused mastodon new? I don't remember seeing it before. Now all we need is for the exploding penguins from Strider 2 to make a comeback and we'll be set.

Professor
3375th Post

MMCafe Owner

"New Guilty Gear Rehash" , posted Thu 16 Feb 19:48post reply

http://am-show.sega.jp/aou12/lineup/ggxxacp/index.html

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus will be shown at the AOU Show this weekend. ...I have no idea what changes there'll be. Maybe some balance tweaks?

chazumaru
863th Post

"Re(1):New Guilty Gear Rehash" , posted Thu 16 Feb 21:34post reply

Isn't that just an arcade port of the final PS2 version, released a few years ago? What they announce for AOU has the same exact name but that version was never released in the arcades before.

無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は無限早見は

mbisonhatclub
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Can't stop hearing about SF X T" , posted Fri 17 Feb 00:11post reply

quote:

Time to rumor mill things up, because I don't have the care to not stir things up. Ironic, since I'm not buying the game, at least until Capcom gives me back 52 dollars for MvC3

badoor
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Welcome to TUTT2!" , posted Fri 17 Feb 06:30post reply

7 vs 7 Tekken Tag Action?

Well, that's an ambiguously written 7 vs 7, unless NamcoBandai is overly excited about advertising the oldest, most elementary concept that defines what fighting games are, 1 vs 1 fighting.

Gojira
2820th Post

"Re(1):Welcome to TUTT2!" , posted Fri 17 Feb 06:49post reply

quote:
7 vs 7 Tekken Tag Action?

Well, that's an ambiguously written 7 vs 7, unless NamcoBandai is overly excited about advertising the oldest, most elementary concept that defines what fighting games are, 1 vs 1 fighting.

Considering the message on the banner, 7 vs 7 seems to be the silliest interpretation of a 1 with just too much serif, or whatever it's called.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see what it's about, but all the same my excitement towards this update is a little worn over by the implications. To me, the whole appeal of TTT is that it's NOT 1 vs 1 and has an entire system built around tagging. The tag mechanics are the only things that really separate TTT2 from Tekken 6. My guess is they're doing this to draw in more players, but I feel like this is just going to make the game infinitely more boring.

Professor
3378th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):New Guilty Gear Rehash" , posted Fri 17 Feb 08:00post reply

quote:
Isn't that just an arcade port of the final PS2 version, released a few years ago? What they announce for AOU has the same exact name but that version was never released in the arcades before.

Oh man, that's right! It's been so long that I've forgotten!

Aaand, this thread is getting long. Time to move to next!

sibarraz
349th Post

XBL: sibarraz4life

Bronze Customer

"New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PSN/XBLA" , posted Fri 17 Feb 12:22post reply

quote:

Oh man, that's right! It's been so long that I've forgotten!

Aaand, this thread is getting long. Time to move to next!

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/index.cgi?eid=556

YAY!

simonbelmont
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PS" , posted Sat 18 Feb 11:32post reply

Glad to see Guilty Gear is back. Fuck BlazBlue. Only thing worthwhile from that stinking turd is Bang.

karasu99
849th Post

"Re(2):New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PS" , posted Sat 18 Feb 13:47post reply

quote:
Glad to see Guilty Gear is back. Fuck BlazBlue. Only thing worthwhile from that stinking turd is Bang.

Welllll... it would be pretty nice to have an actual new game, but yeah, I love GG as well and have never really come to enjoy BlazBlue.

www.secret-arts.com

Nekros
415th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PS" , posted Sun 19 Feb 21:44post reply

quote:
Glad to see Guilty Gear is back.

Back what!? Is the same game from 6 years ago, is nothing more that a strategy to see if they could make money out of it again.
Also, I can't understand this BB hate. Sure it's not GG and it's not better than any major fighting series but I find an average and fun game. Just isn't glorious and crazy as GG is.

Shin ATproof
1267th Post

XBL: ShinATproof

"Re(4):New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PS" , posted Wed 22 Feb 14:00post reply

Going to tournaments and not having to find or haul around a CRT to play GGXXAC is pretty awesome.

Hell, only needing one system to play all the current fighting games AND GGXXAC is pretty magical in of itself.

If the netcode is as good as BBs then I think we're all set for a grand (viper) ole time.

Also, I love Guilty Gear more than BlazBlue. In fact, some of the core mechanics in BlazBlue irritate me at times but I got over my GG vs BB dilemma because before KoF13, BB was the only new fighting game that I feel was worth my time. In sticking with BB, it's slowly developing into a truly solid game. BBCSEX is not the same game as BBCT. Likewise, GG wasn't anywhere remotely as good as it became until about GGXX#R.

It's pretty clear that ASW is testing the waters to see if there is still a viable market for a new Guilty Gear and they are going to get the numbers they want. An HD Guilty Gear is the shit dreams are made of.

Fact: Everything with Norio Wakamoto and/or JAM Project is awesome.
Sí mon con langosta y camarón!

karasu99
853th Post

"Re(4):New Guilty Gear Rehash CONFIRMED for PS" , posted Thu 23 Feb 01:34post reply

quote:

Also, I can't understand this BB hate. Sure it's not GG and it's not better than any major fighting series but I find an average and fun game. Just isn't glorious and crazy as GG is.

Hate's a strong word, at least on my part. I don't hate BB, I just dislike the character design almost entirely, whereas I enjoyed the GG character design almost entirely. Otherwise it's an ok fighting game, but that's about all I can say about it.

www.secret-arts.com