Random Thread, Remember me? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (11357 Views )

sfried
561th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Mon 30 Aug 12:19post reply

So essentially, Other M is Sakimoto's Killer 7?

The whole fan debacle going over this game is crazy, but I guess it's no different from that "What is Castlevania?" question we had in the previous Random Thread. Essentially, fans have come to regard a series based on the defining hallmarks established by its releases so far, but when a director/producer shakes things up considerably, they get displeased. It reminds me of what happened with Tekken 4.

I'll give my impressions come Tuesday.

Replies:

Ishmael
3873th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Mon 30 Aug 23:37post reply

quote:

The whole fan debacle going over this game is crazy, but I guess it's no different from that "What is Castlevania?" question we had in the previous Random Thread. Essentially, fans have come to regard a series based on the defining hallmarks established by its releases so far, but when a director/producer shakes things up considerably, they get displeased. It reminds me of what happened with Tekken 4.

From the reviews I've read so far I'm having a hard time telling if it's the game itself or the changes to the franchise that are being reviewed. Let us know what your impressions are when you get a chance to try it.

Minor links:

C.Viper might be in MvC3 or she might not. You know how these rumors go. Odd how we don't seem to have a dedicated MvC3 thread.

Even after the zombies come Shadaloo will continue to make money off its buffalo burger franchise.

Freeter
4522th Post

"This is a Random Thread to Remember, FIGHT" , posted Tue 31 Aug 02:42post reply

quote:
Essentially, fans have come to regard a series based on the defining hallmarks established by its releases so far, but when a director/producer shakes things up considerably, they get displeased.

I guess people prefer Samus sticking to shooting aliens than giving them roundhouse kicks.

quote:
C.Viper might be in MvC3 or she might not. You know how these rumors go.

I'm surprised they haven't announced her already. She seems like a perfect fit.

Gojira
2649th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: 80085

"Re(1):This is a Random Thread to Remember, FI" , posted Tue 31 Aug 04:34post reply

Microsoft has a brilliant plan to make back the money they wasted on Kinect

shipoopi

Professor
2786th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):This is a Random Thread to Remember, FI" , posted Tue 31 Aug 11:03:post reply

Deepest regards to the trapped miners at Chile-- but at least they've got some sort of entertainment until they're rescued.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 31 Aug 11:04]

hikarutilmitt
550th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Tue 31 Aug 12:46post reply

quote:

I see a lot on both sides form fans and people, like me, who were turned off by Prime. I rather like the idea that it's a Team Ninja game done with Metroid. It's something fresh or at least different from what we've been getting, something Zelda needs again to rekindle my interest in that long-in-the-tooth series.

PSN: hikarutimitt
XBL: hikarutilmitt

Korigama
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):This is a Random Thread to Remember, FI" , posted Tue 31 Aug 22:06:post reply

quote:

I guess people prefer Samus sticking to shooting aliens than giving them roundhouse kicks.

More like they prefer her to have all the personality of a rock so that they can imagine her as a completely stoic, generic female space marine, and then cry sexism while shouting "ruined FOREVER" when this idealization is shattered in favor of attempting to humanize her (not bothering to consider why based on what's presented, choosing instead to dive headfirst into hyperbole). That's certainly what happened with the G4 review, anyway.

http://g4tv.com/games/wii/61992/metroid-other-m/review/

[this message was edited by Korigama on Tue 31 Aug 22:08]

KTallguy
1247th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):This is a Random Thread to Remember, FI" , posted Tue 31 Aug 23:36post reply

I think Other M is a bold experiment, but I really really really really prefer the desolate feel of Super Metroid and the original Metroid games. I never really cared about Samus as a character, or her comrades, or the politics of interstellar space detachments. I liked Samus as a bounty hunter in armor, because then I could just play as if it were me.

I won't knock Other M because I haven't played it, and I'm sure the game has good gameplay, but Metroid was never about flash for me.

And from what I've heard of it, the localization is horrible.

Although the G4 review goes a little bit too off the deep end, I do agree that not using your special abilities because someone says so is pretty dumb.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

sfried
563th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):This is a Random Thread to Remember, FI" , posted Wed 1 Sep 08:56:post reply

quote:
I think Other M is a bold experiment, but I really really really really prefer the desolate feel of Super Metroid and the original Metroid games. I never really cared about Samus as a character, or her comrades, or the politics of interstellar space detachments. I liked Samus as a bounty hunter in armor, because then I could just play as if it were me.

I won't knock Other M because I haven't played it, and I'm sure the game has good gameplay, but Metroid was never about flash for me.

And from what I've heard of it, the localization is horrible.

Although the G4 review goes a little bit too off the deep end, I do agree that not using your special abilities because someone says so is pretty dumb.

I've played a couple of hours of Other M, and so far, it really feels like Metroid Gaiden.

I won't comment on G4's review because I don't watch (nor care about) G4 (not to mention they murdured my favorite television channel TechTV, but that's yet another story, too). But I will say this game feels very much remenicent of Metroid Fusion in that some guy dictates you to go a certain direction and your progresswill feel pretty linear, but I feel this game is criss-crossing some thats in order to form a complex web of a layout. I'm not sure since I've only beated the first boss, but the multiple areas I keep "scanning" on that mention "Speed Boost" are numerous.

Music is lowkey like Fusion, although at times I can't help but think the atmosphere combined with some of the tracks make it feel like Metroid Gear Solid. Even some hallways remind me of the stale corridors of Shadow Moses island, but the "holodeck" areas feel very nice especially with the effects.

The whole idea of making the FMVs seamless with the gameplay seems to be working. At times its hard to tell which is rendered or which is prerendered (as they purposefully make the framerate match the FMVs during cutscenes). The only distinguishable time you know you can interact is if it returns to 60fps.

Dunno about the localization being horrible, as I haven't found the dialogue bothering yet, aside from "Adam my father figure we were so close" near the start.

Edit: A little further in the game. While it's clear this is no Super Metroid, I'm happy to say that shinesparking is in the game and there is indeed a hefty amount of backtracking needed to gain items, although I'd say the layout of the Bottle Ship is really streched out, but there are cases or each segment of the sector interlocks.

Although Adam letting you authorize to use weapons is somewhat idiotic, it doesn't take long before he starts unlocking all of your gear.

Once again, combat is hefty and all of the enemy encounters are built around the sense move and overblast/lethal strike finishers. Yes, you can still beat them the traditional way, but it will take longer, not to mention dodging lets you dish out quick successions of fully charged beams, although the overblast attacks are much more effective. And before someone says the combat can get repetitious, Team Ninja did an excellent job of keeping it from being stale by mixing it up as you progress.

[this message was edited by sfried on Wed 1 Sep 15:39]

sfried
563th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Thu 2 Sep 08:49post reply

Okay, I just beat the game. The end boss fight was great.

KTallguy
1249th Post

"Re(2):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Thu 2 Sep 10:02post reply

quote:
Okay, I just beat the game. The end boss fight was great.

Cool, so I guess it was worth it in the end.
I will have to track down a copy.

karasu99
423th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Fri 3 Sep 03:08post reply

It seems odd that we have, what, three Random Threads going at once, but I will go with the latest.

It seems Dead Rising 2 Case Zero is out for pretty cheap on XBLA and PSN. Anyone pick it up yet? I liked the first game quite a bit even though I couldn't read any of the text on my then-non-HD TV.

Also, Scott Pilgrim game OST is available for electronic purchase here and there! I am surprised after the fuss that's been made about the game's soundtrack that I didn't hear a thing about its release.

Incidentally, got see to Anamanaguchi live last night and despite destroying some percentage of my hearing, there were incredibly good-- even better live than not.

Gieflos
18th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: Pooplos_Z

New Customer

"Re(4):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Fri 3 Sep 04:36post reply

Some Megaman Universe gameplay

Amakusa
860th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Fri 3 Sep 14:13post reply

quote:

I honestly don't know what to think about an HD remix of Megaman 2.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Megane
499th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Random Thread, Remember me?" , posted Fri 3 Sep 15:39post reply

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6963/155768114d844040bbc8372.jpg

Elena, Oro, Urien out?

PSN:BlakeMaxwell3

Maese
599th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"get wild!" , posted Fri 3 Sep 18:00post reply

You can't possibly get much more random than this, but it sure does look awesome. If that's not the game of the year, then I don't know what it is!

Don't mind me, I'm on my way to fetch me a PS3. I'm totally sold.

Ishmael
3875th Post

"Re(1):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 00:19post reply

quote:

Is this the first time he's been referred to as "Megaman" in Japan? Then again, since that ugly dude from the US MM1 cover is a playable character I can understand why they would want to make the distinction.

quote:
You can't possibly get much more random than this, but it sure does look awesome. If that's not the game of the year, then I don't know what it is!

Don't mind me, I'm on my way to fetch me a PS3. I'm totally sold.

I must play this game!

karasu99
424th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 01:15post reply

quote:

I'm mystified as to why they put Ryu (and apparently Arthur, judging by the first trailer) into this game as themselves rather than as weapon powerups for Megaman himself (and it might be that that will be how they are presented to the player in the actual game). I like the idea that there may be multiple Megaman variants as it is though, as pointed out in Ishmael's link. It could be kind of cool to have all the Megaman variants from over the years in the game.

Also, I'm really glad that it will be a Megaman platformer rather than some weird MMO or whatever like was floated as one guess after that confusing first trailer.

Baines
266th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 01:35post reply

quote:
I'm mystified as to why they put Ryu (and apparently Arthur, judging by the first trailer) into this game as themselves rather than as weapon powerups for Megaman himself

Presumably, it will be like that Super Mario Bros flash game where you can play other NES game characters instead of Mario.

Or the expanded shooting minigame in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, where you can play Ryu in a game originally designed for a heavily armed mech.

Gojira
2650th Post

"Re(3):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 01:48post reply

quote:

Also, I'm really glad that it will be a Megaman platformer rather than some weird MMO or whatever like was floated as one guess after that confusing first trailer.

Well, there is actually a Korean MMO which is something else entirely. Though the trailer of the intro looks really, really good for some reason. Even though it shows no gameplay.

shipoopi

Amakusa
862th Post

"Re(2):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 06:31:post reply

quote:
Is this the first time he's been referred to as "Megaman" in Japan? Then again, since that ugly dude from the US MM1 cover is a playable character I can understand why they would want to make the distinction.

It is. Supposedly "Megaman" is a more global name or something (Konami tried this with "Castlevania"). While it seems somewhat appropriate that the guy with the name "Megaman" is like an edgier and hipper guy, I can't seem to get past the fact he isn't what I would consider "Megaman". I'm almost positive it's a marketing tactic while at the same time keeping the more traditional "Rockman" available to use for those of us who know and love him.

quote:

Well, there is actually a Korean MMO which is something else entirely. Though the trailer of the intro looks really, really good for some reason. Even though it shows no gameplay.

X and Zero were featured prominently in the promos for this, and this trailer almost seemed to be a reverse of it until they showed Alia and Signas in it. Now it's causing even more confusion. Hooray.

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Sat 4 Sep 06:33]

Iggy
9170th Post

"Re(3):get wild!" , posted Sat 4 Sep 22:22post reply

quote:
It is. Supposedly "Megaman" is a more global name or something (Konami tried this with "Castlevania"). While it seems somewhat appropriate that the guy with the name "Megaman" is like an edgier and hipper guy, I can't seem to get past the fact he isn't what I would consider "Megaman".

The game will (or would, if this turn out to be a huge stupid joke to throw money into the bin) have Megaman (Rockman with a mean face), Megaman from the American cover (which is not even the same as the European cover, but), Rockman with his usual shota looks, and Ryu and gang.
This whole project looks more retarded every new day, but at least "Megaman" is not supposed to replace Rockman in Japan. How are they going to do the distinction elsewhere? I don't know, and I don't really care either.

Megane
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"It's twins." , posted Tue 7 Sep 00:19post reply

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5103/157509900bd266d51c468f3.jpg

Tai-Pan
479th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):It's twins." , posted Tue 7 Sep 00:52post reply

quote:

Mmhh who is that? That fighting stance...

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Ishmael
3877th Post

"Re(2):It's twins." , posted Tue 7 Sep 02:19post reply

quote:

While the stance is a good clue, the cap he's wearing might be a better one.

Tai-Pan
480th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):It's twins." , posted Wed 8 Sep 05:43post reply

quote:

While the stance is a good clue, the cap he's wearing might be a better one.

Thank You!! I failed to notice the cap.
Well now Im sad...(Alex where are you?)

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Toxico
5122th Post

"Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Wed 8 Sep 12:46:post reply

Tche

Again

I say... ザク とは 違うん の だ よ, ザク とは

edit -> Famitsu scans

edit yet again

Kain & Lightning

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Update 22 as of 27/08/10 (Temporary mega upload link).

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 19 as of 12/08/10

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 8 Sep 15:55]

Maese
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Wed 8 Sep 17:07post reply

quote:
Tche

I myself am more interested on the Gyakuten Keiji 2 announce that appears on the cover.

Ishmael
3880th Post

"Re(2):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Wed 8 Sep 23:05:post reply

VF5: Final Showdown might be coming to consoles. Is there much of a difference between FS and vanilla VF5? Since all the upgrades to VF5 have been arcade-only I lost track.

EDIT: Keita Takahashi has officially left Namco-Bandai.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Thu 9 Sep 00:05]

KTallguy
1253th Post

"Re(3):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Thu 9 Sep 01:49post reply

quote:
VF5: Final Showdown might be coming to consoles. Is there much of a difference between FS and vanilla VF5? Since all the upgrades to VF5 have been arcade-only I lost track.

Depends on how into the game you are. But two new characters and major system changes, sure.

Toxico
5123th Post

"Re(3):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Thu 9 Sep 01:56:post reply

quote:

There is Virtua fighter 5 A, Virtua Fighter 5 B (available on ps3), Virtua Fighter 5 C (available on xbald), Virtua Fighter R A , Virtua Fighter R B , Virtua Fighter R C and Final Showdown.

.... That took a while. You can easily tell that SEGA was the one that put up on season that whole "let's update the core game" business.

Then again they can't beat Capcom and all of those X-men children of the Atom variations (there it was a 4 digit number there the last time I cared to look).

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 9 Sep 01:56]

Maou
2060th Post

"Katamari's great escape" , posted Thu 9 Sep 12:00:post reply

Oh hey, Takahashi Keita has finally flown the coop so that he no longer has to make any more terrible awful Katamari Damashii sequels for the soulless cretins at Namco who made him do it. Run, sweet prince (of the cosmos), run as far as the horizon!

In celebration, all of you (us) must dance to the glorious sounds of back when Katamari was good!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 9 Sep 12:14]

mbisonhatclub
206th Post

PSN: hadoolket

Frequent Customer

"Platinum Trophy" , posted Thu 9 Sep 18:34:post reply

Oh boy oh boy

News here

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

[this message was edited by mbisonhatclub on Thu 9 Sep 18:54]

Professor
2798th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Taito's new DL arcade service / SNKP joining" , posted Thu 9 Sep 19:47:post reply

Today at the AOU show, Taito announced a potentially ground-breaking new service for videogame arcades, called NESiCAxLive.

In a nutshell, NESiCAxLive will be an online distribution service that lets arcade operators download games, similarly to how gamers can do so on their home consoles with the PSN or Xbox Live. What's more, arcade operaters will not have to pay for the downloads; the games will be charged on a "pay-as-you-go" method. Although exact details on the payment methods aren't clear yet, it may prove to be a potential savior for the shrinking arcade market and especially for small arcades that can't afford on buying new titles.

As NESiCAxLive is an online system, Publishers will also be able to distribute update patches and add-on contents with ease. All updates will be provided for free to arcades.

To use NESiCAxLive, arcade operaters will have to set up a client server system in their store and connect their Type-X2 machines to it. Multiple games can be downloaded, and different games can be set up on each of the machines. Therefore with the NESiCAxLive, operators will no longer have to go through wiring hasstles to switch games like they used to.

31 titles are scheduled by March 2011, which includes 10 current titles, 12 classic titles, and 9 NeSiCAxLive titles.

The first title to use NESiCAxLive will be Arc System Works' BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, slated for arcades this winter. The game will run with a new I/O board developed by Taito, which improves latency between the LCD screen and TypeX2 machine.

SNKPlaymore and G.rev are also amongst the nine participating third parties.

The service will also feature an IC card system called the NESiCA, which will allows players to record their rankings and whatnot of NESiCAxLive game titles on the servers. Unlike similar previous services, players will be able to use one NESiCA for all games.

Taito also announced its new Type X Zero arcade board, which will make its debut in the winter. Similarly to the previous TypeX releases, the board is based on PC architecture and runs on Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 with Direct X 10. According to Taito, the Type X Zero is more cost-effeicient than the previous releases in the Type X family.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 9 Sep 21:11]

GekigangerV
1657th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"SSFIV Arcade alt costume concepts" , posted Thu 9 Sep 21:54post reply

Ono Twitter

Sakura and Fei-Long are the only clear ones. Cammy's appears to be from her appearance in the Street Fighter Zero manga.

Toxico
5125th Post

"Re(1):Taito's new DL arcade service / SNKP jo" , posted Thu 9 Sep 22:33:post reply

quote:

The first title to use NESiCAxLive will be Arc System Works' BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, slated for arcades this winter.

I see, in the end that game ended up being what everyone thought it would. Is the 9 this weekend?.... Oh wait, is it today?

edit :

Last dlc chara

Dead or Alive 3DS..... yeah......

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 9 Sep 22:44]

mbisonhatclub
206th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Taito's new DL arcade service / SNKP jo" , posted Thu 9 Sep 22:58post reply

quote:

The first title to use NESiCAxLive will be Arc System Works' BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, slated for arcades this winter.

I see, in the end that game ended up being what everyone thought it would. Is the 9 this weekend?.... Oh wait, is it today?

edit :

Last dlc chara

Dead or Alive 3DS..... yeah......

Already posted your first link a couple posts up, but yeah

Here comes another Valk video from Bururaji

According to dustloop, the drive works in that you can hold the wehrwolf form but it will drain your wolf gauge and when that runs out, you have to wait until it reenergizes before you can use it again--also, the more of the gauge that's left while using the wehrwolf drive, the more damage you do per hit

It also looks like there's something that does a rapid recharge of the wolf gauge

Ishmael
3880th Post

"Random Thread: Endless Eight Variation" , posted Thu 9 Sep 23:52post reply

While these random threads are a good idea determining what should be posted in this type of thread as a matter of public record and what could use its own thread is tricky. It can also cause information to be repeated more often than the shockingly long list of VF5 games that Toxico recited.

But that's not important. What is important is the news about Keita Takahashi leaving Bamco and even more DLC for BB.

quote:
Today at the AOU show, Taito announced a potentially ground-breaking new service for videogame arcades, called NESiCAxLive.
Now this is interesting. This could be a huge boost for what's left of the arcade market in Japan. This probably won't be good news for arcades outside of Japan that import cabinets but maybe this system can be used internationally?

quote:
Ono Twitter

Sakura and Fei-Long are the only clear ones. Cammy's appears to be from her appearance in the Street Fighter Zero manga.

Wasn't Cammy supposed to be wearing some sort of cat suit, complete with ears and tail? I do, however, like Sakura's summer dress. Yes, yes I do. Every character should get the opportunity to wear breezy little outfits like that, up to and including Zangief.

Megane
503th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Random Thread: Endless Eight Variation" , posted Fri 10 Sep 01:50post reply

quote:

Wasn't Cammy supposed to be wearing some sort of cat suit, complete with ears and tail? I do, however, like Sakura's summer dress. Yes, yes I do. Every character should get the opportunity to wear breezy little outfits like that, up to and including Zangief.

Yep, you can see her tail there, and barely make out what appears to be cat ears. The color combination weirds me out a bit tho.

Evenor
737th Post

PSN: missantroop

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Random Thread: Endless Eight Variation" , posted Fri 10 Sep 01:56post reply

quote:

Yep, you can see her tail there, and barely make out what appears to be cat ears. The color combination weirds me out a bit tho.

Her outfit reminds me of Lin from Breath of Fire:DQ.

drink from me and live forever

kofoguz
869th Post

"Re(1):Platinum Trophy" , posted Fri 10 Sep 06:47post reply

quote:
Oh boy oh boy

News here

I smell a bridget there.

Pollyanna
2959th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(3):Taito's new DL arcade service / SNKP jo" , posted Fri 10 Sep 07:02post reply

As announced on his blog (http://blog.livedoor.jp/akiman7/) Akiman has a new artbook coming out with all of his Gemaga illustrations. I haven't seen all of them, but there's a wide variety...Legend of Zelda, FF4, Gyakuten Saiban, etc.

quote:

According to dustloop, the drive works in that you can hold the wehrwolf form but it will drain your wolf gauge and when that runs out, you have to wait until it reenergizes before you can use it again--also, the more of the gauge that's left while using the wehrwolf drive, the more damage you do per hit

Do you actually have to HOLD the button? I hope it's "tap on/tap off", rather than needing to hold down D every time you do a move as the wolf. I'm really awful at that.

ALSO, HOLY CRAP! I just read the list of rebalances, and it sounds GREAT! Seems to be wise decisions all around!

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Megane
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"GUESS WHO" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:34post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/marvelvscapcom3/video/6275503

mbisonhatclub
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):GUESS WHO" , posted Fri 10 Sep 14:16post reply

quote:

(´◕ฺω◕ฺ`)✪ฺД✪ฺ)◕ฺ∀◕ฺ)♉ฺA♉ฺ)☼Д☼)❝ฺ_❝ฺ)◉ฺ。◉ฺ)▣_▣)☉∀☉)━!!!!

Ishmael
3881th Post

"Re(2):GUESS WHO" , posted Fri 10 Sep 22:48post reply

quote:

Now there's a nice surprise! Funny how I'm excited about the cast in MvC3 even though I know I won't enjoy playing the game.

quote:
Her outfit reminds me of Lin from Breath of Fire:DQ.

Good catch, I never would have noticed the connection.

More alts are up on the blog along with a clean shot of Cammy's outfit. It appears that Cammy does have that Lin thing going on as well as the Battle Angel look from the manga that GekigangerV noted. That combo makes for a huge mess but hopefully the other colors will include some varations to the outfit that might make it work a bit better. Still, I do like the other alts that came out recently so I can deal with the occasional clunker.

Toxico
5127th Post

"Re(3):GUESS WHO" , posted Sat 11 Sep 00:08post reply

Mean whle the crowds are in haze due to the fighting game frenzy, it looks like Valkyria Chronicles updates it's development blog with a teaser of new characters.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Last update : Chapter 20 as of 09/09/10

Nobinobita
804th Post

"nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sat 11 Sep 01:41:post reply

quote:
As announced on his blog (http://blog.livedoor.jp/akiman7/) Akiman has a new artbook coming out with all of his Gemaga illustrations. I haven't seen all of them, but there's a wide variety...Legend of Zelda, FF4, Gyakuten Saiban, etc.

YESSSSSSssssssssssSSSSssssss !!!!
Thank you for the heads up. An Akiman artbook is a dream come true for me. It's the feather in the cap of an alreaady great day.

Here's a direct link to buy it on Amazon:

http://amzn.to/9ceHDw

Also, I'm digging the new Fei Long outfit. It's a very cool homage to Bruce Lee:

http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/201003/most-stylish-actors-leading-men-oscars?slide=3#slide=3

It's not perfect (the suit could be fitted more stylishly, the cloth is too flacid and the lapels, belt buckles and pockets are all too small), but I'm glad they made the effort anyway.

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by Nobinobita on Sat 11 Sep 01:45]

Pollyanna
2960th Post

"Re(1):nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sat 11 Sep 04:36post reply

quote:

YESSSSSSssssssssssSSSSssssss !!!!
Thank you for the heads up. An Akiman artbook is a dream come true for me. It's the feather in the cap of an alreaady great day.

Here's a direct link to buy it on Amazon:

http://amzn.to/9ceHDw

His pinup girls and Turn A Gundam artbooks are pretty awesome too, if you haven't checked them out. When I see his fine art-inspired Gundam illustrations (and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's work, as well), I can't help but roll my eyes Gundam Seed/00.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

nobinobita
804th Post

"Re(2):nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sat 11 Sep 06:26post reply

quote:

His pinup girls and Turn A Gundam artbooks are pretty awesome too, if you haven't checked them out. When I see his fine art-inspired Gundam illustrations (and Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's work, as well), I can't help but roll my eyes Gundam Seed/00.

Yeah Gundam Seed was pretty crappy, but I hear Unicorn is very good.

I looove those 2 books you mentioned. The Turn A Gundam art book is basically Akiman's impressionism period, and Cover Girls is just way too much fun. It's amazing how perverse Akiman's art feels without being overly graphic, and yet it's classy and cheeky at the same time. He's so damn good at drawing. His line work is like SEX.

I'm especially excited about the new book because it seems like a comprehensive overview of his work rather than focusing on one franchise.

www.art-eater.com

karasu99
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sat 11 Sep 07:30post reply

quote:

I looove those 2 books you mentioned. The Turn A Gundam art book is basically Akiman's impressionism period, and Cover Girls is just way too much fun. It's amazing how perverse Akiman's art feels without being overly graphic, and yet it's classy and cheeky at the same time. He's so damn good at drawing. His line work is like SEX.

I'm especially excited about the new book because it seems like a comprehensive overview of his work rather than focusing on one franchise.

Hah, yeah, I will be buying this book as well. I'm curious about the other two items mentioned-- ∀ Gundam is a favorite of mine-- the art for the series is remarkably moving.

Also, Valkyrie get a cover appearance!

Toxico
5130th Post

"Re(4):nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sat 11 Sep 11:11post reply

As expected

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Maou
2060th Post

"X Japan in your (American) town" , posted Sat 11 Sep 15:37post reply

Americans, take note! X Japan, the only band from Japan that matters almost as much culturally as Dreams Come True, is on tour abroad this month and next. I have no idea why their San Francisco concert is in stupid Oakland nor whether it will be worthwhile what with Hide having been dead for more than a decade, but I imagine it will be a rockin' good time regardless.

Toxico
5131th Post

"Re(1):X Japan in your (American) town" , posted Sat 11 Sep 16:07post reply

quote:
Americans, take note! X Japan, the only band from Japan that matters almost as much culturally as Dreams Come True

なまいきな * hugs discography *

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Evenor
738th Post

"Re(2):X Japan in your (American) town" , posted Sun 12 Sep 01:42post reply

quote:
Americans, take note! X Japan, the only band from Japan that matters almost as much culturally as Dreams Come True

なまいきな * hugs discography *

Personally I am distraught that they don't want to play at an east coast venue ;(

Toxico
5133th Post

"Re(1):Platinum Trophy" , posted Sun 12 Sep 03:39post reply

This user has a bunch of short Continuum Shift II vids.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Amakusa
862th Post

"Re(3):nice Bruce Lee Homage" , posted Sun 12 Sep 04:18post reply

quote:

Yeah Gundam Seed was pretty crappy, but I hear Unicorn is very good.

I never heard of Unicorn until after I learned Gundam Musou 3 was announced. 00, Unicorn, 0083, and X all got representation so far.

Nekros
305th Post

Bronze Customer

"Capcom and CC2" , posted Mon 13 Sep 00:21post reply

Capcom and CyberConnect 2 are plotting something about an action game...
http://www.1up.com/news/capcom-collaborating-cyberconnect2-action-game

More info at TGS?

I hope with all my soul to see an Okami or Darkstalkers game with CC2 graphic engine!

Ishmael
3883th Post

"Re(1):Capcom and CC2" , posted Mon 13 Sep 00:41post reply

quote:
Capcom and CyberConnect 2 are plotting something about an action game...
http://www.1up.com/news/capcom-collaborating-cyberconnect2-action-game

More info at TGS?

I hope with all my soul to see an Okami or Darkstalkers game with CC2 graphic engine!

It sounds like the game is some time off but the collaboration has promise.

In the game Catherine not only is there a character named Catherine but there's also a character named Katherine. These names can also be spelled as キャサリン and キャサリン. Yeah, this game is going to be great fun to discuss.

KTallguy
1256th Post

"Re(2):Capcom and CC2" , posted Mon 13 Sep 09:49post reply

I am praying the game is actually... a game. I love the fake interface they have in the trailers though. I hope it's real.

Loona
340th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:51post reply

quote:
Kain & Lightning

Nice - kinda expected, but the good news here are what this may imply for other character additions. The 1st game went with a hero + villain thing (except for XI and XII, but they shoudnl't be able to get away with that again for those), but tossing Kain in hints at a 3rd per game - considering he changes role in 4 a couple of times, I wonder if that'll be expected of other additions - Shadow from 6 comes to mind, sadly so does Caith Sith from 7, though I'd personally prefer Mash/Sabin and Red XII from those... and then there's Gilgamesh...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Gojira
2652th Post

"Re(2):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Tue 14 Sep 03:29:post reply

IMHO Kain would seem to imply popularity more than anything.

EDIT:
Clearer screens

shipoopi

[this message was edited by Gojira on Tue 14 Sep 04:09]

Megane
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"She-Hulk, Miss Marvel, or Option C?" , posted Tue 14 Sep 16:39post reply

I ask you, fellow cafe-ers, regarding the matter which has put many a scrub MvC fan gnash his teeth, rend his clothes and put ashes on his person:

Who do you think is the mystery Marvel female on the teaser silhouette at the end of the second MvC3 video?

Loona
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Tue 14 Sep 18:52post reply

quote:
IMHO Kain would seem to imply popularity more than anything.

I recall mentions of the guy in charge of the game wanting to include Kain, and making sure he would in case of a sequel, as well as something similar for Prishe regarding XI.

In the 1st Dissida the starter characters/story modes with te easiest difficulty were Cecil and Cloud's, which probably has a lot to do with their popularity (or their games when compared to the whole series), but I don't see why Kain would be the exception as a 3rd character to represent one of the games in the series - both Cecil and Golbez (especially Golbez) had pretty unique styles and seem unlikely to be replaced.

I wonder what secretcharacters we'llbe left with then - in the 1st game, the villain characters for the 10 games were announced but had to be unlocked, but the Shantotto and Gabranth "secrets" didn't take long to follow the complete reveal of the main cast.

Now a 3rd character is revealed from one of the games, and the game's use of the number 12 that proeminently in the title hints at the 1st 12 games getting that treatment, with Lightning being the newcomer exception as Shantotto and Gabranth were before her - maybe a FFXIV character too, although it may be hard to define this early on which will be popular regardless of plot relevance...

I'm kinda expecting Zeid from XI to make it as a 3rd from that game (an ally in the nation missions, a guide in dark knight quests and actual final boss in one of the nation mission lines), but being a Dark Knight, his EX Mode might work just like Firion and the Emperor's in the original Dissidia, recovering HP when using HP attacks... dunno if those characters would actually be changed to accomodate him...

quote:

EDIT:
Clearer screens

Nice. The other scan's use of artwork in the exact same style as the original already hinted at some recycling of stuff from the original game, and it's clearly visible that the FF4 stage is the same in the Kain/Cecil screen.

The main difference seems to be the lowest bar - before it had these "token" thingies which made it easier to see how much HP you had (the Brave stat tends to be as important, if not more), but now is a 2-section bar... I wonder if there's a slight tweak in the mechanics... Lightning's using her Ex Burst (the Odin weapon/attack thingy? that's the one thing that comes to ming from when I saw a friend of mine play the game that far ahead).

Gaah, enough geeking out over this.

As for the Marvel MvC3 female, if they keep Trish's aerial invisible traps invisible (I haven't really keptup with the news on thegame), I'm hopin fo Susan Storm Richards.

jUAN
4544th Post

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: rofl

"Re(4):Musou again , Dissidia again" , posted Tue 14 Sep 20:21:post reply

quote:
As for the Marvel MvC3 female, if they keep Trish's aerial invisible traps invisible (I haven't really keptup with the news on thegame), I'm hopin fo Susan Storm Richards.

Unfortunately there will be no FF in this game because of wacky legal issues. That's part of why they tossed Super Skrull in there.

The character might be She-Hulk. It somewhat fits the silhouette (maybe too small?) There was also a video from a couple months ago in which they asked Killian if she would be in the game (said person wanted a lawyer team of She Hulk and Phoenix Wright.) They got a wink wink nudge nudge type of answer on her, and a no go on Wright. I can't find said video so just assume i am drunk

[this message was edited by jUAN on Tue 14 Sep 20:26]

Sensenic
1705th Post

"Re(5):ICO again , SotC again" , posted Wed 15 Sep 16:30:post reply

And that is why I bought a PS3! (mostly)

Unrelated EDIT:
New Ryu ga Gotoku...with zombies?

Kinda off, there.

Mannerly Highbrow politely asks you to play MS Paint Adventures.
Also play:

"Don't give me that crap about real life. There ain't no such animal."
-Felix Leiter-

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Wed 15 Sep 16:51]

Maese
602th Post

"Re(6):ICO again , SotC again" , posted Wed 15 Sep 17:19post reply

quote:

It would rock really hard if they dared to include those two as a bonus feature or whatever on the same bundle as The Last Guardian, but that probably would be asking for too much. One can only hope, tough!

TheRedKnight
269th Post

PSN: no
XBL: no
Wii: no

Copper Customer

"Re(7):ICO again , SotC again" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:19:post reply

quote:

It would rock really hard if they dared to include those two as a bonus feature or whatever on the same bundle as The Last Guardian, but that probably would be asking for too much. One can only hope, tough!

They'll probably do two releases like with God of War Collection Trilogy and III.

First El Shaddai got me all excited, but then the Generic of the GENERIC trailer annoyed the hell out of me. Don't know what to expect from TGS this year..

THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST FIGHTING LORD OF ALL TIME!

[this message was edited by TheRedKnight on Wed 15 Sep 18:41]

Iggy
9171th Post

"Re(8):ICO again , SotC again" , posted Wed 15 Sep 19:16post reply

quote:
They'll probably do two releases like with God of War Collection Trilogy and III.

It's actually going to be three: Ico, then Wanda, then Trico.

I just hope for them Ico and Wanda will be download titles on the PSN...

shindekudasai
354th Post

Silver Customer

"Dead Rising 2: Case West" , posted Wed 15 Sep 20:47post reply

No useful information except that it exists and stars both Frank and Chuck.
Oh, and that it's 360 only. Bastards!

Loona
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Dissidia again" , posted Wed 15 Sep 21:10post reply

http://i55.tinypic.com/5n5fdl.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/j5i34i.jpg

Apparently a new team mode (I wonder if this implies some form of healing ability - it would make more character types viable...), possibly a new stage, and Cain's alternate look.

Megane
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Hipster Dante now" , posted Wed 15 Sep 21:25post reply

http://i51.tinypic.com/1zgt46t.jpg
quote:
Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

shindekudasai
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Hipster Dante now" , posted Wed 15 Sep 22:02post reply

quote:
Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

Laaaame.

Ishmael
3888th Post

"Re(2):Hipster Dante now" , posted Wed 15 Sep 22:17:post reply

quote:

Laaaame.

I'm always amazed at how much Capcom is willing to fiddle with Dante. His age, look and temperament change wildly from game to game. In keeping with the fluid nature of what DMC is Dante will now be played by MMCafe's very own Brandon Sheffield.

EDIT:

quote:

Yay! I wish I had something more profound to say but... yay!

quote:
Unrelated EDIT:
New Ryu ga Gotoku...with zombies?

Kinda off, there.
That doesn't make any sense but the series is full of weird segments that don't make any sense. Having all the characters become zombies then stop being zombies and then never discussing it again would, oddly enough, almost fit.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Wed 15 Sep 22:23]

Iggy
9174th Post

"Re(1):Hipster Dante now" , posted Wed 15 Sep 23:14:post reply

quote:

I'm amazed someone can misunderstand DMC to this point.
Or maybe they thought they couldn't out-silly Bayonetta, and they stopped trying all together?

On the other hand, the other Capcom game, Asura's wrath, seems to fill in the bill quite nicely:
http://uppix.net/1/a/2/8fb5572b9ddf55f6ba2bda7bbae71.jpg

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 15 Sep 23:16]

Maese
604th Post

"Re(2):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 00:38post reply

quote:

On the other hand, the other Capcom game, Asura's wrath, seems to fill in the bill quite nicely:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I LOVED absolutely everything on that trailer. Here I was, sulky and disappointed with the decline of the Sengoku Basara franchise, only to discover that Capcom was actually brewing this little jewel behind the scenes! Ah, the hype is going to kill me.

Thank you Capcom, you made my day. I feel young and full of hope again <3

Ishmael
3888th Post

"Re(3):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:18post reply

quote:

There's my new desktop background image!

Pollyanna
2961th Post

"Re(3):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:25post reply

None of the games that Capcom mentioned were actually developed by Capcom. I feel like this needs to be pointed out.

quote:
Dante will now be played by MMCafe's very own Brandon Sheffield.

Nyohoho.

I see they kept the insufferable music, albeit in a slightly different form.

and...

quote:

There's my new desktop background image!

At least your grievously low resolution will be beautified by the wrath of heaven.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
9174th Post

"Re(3):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 02:00post reply

quote:

Actually, it's a CC2 game. Finally, I can enjoy one of their stupidly fun games without the dumb franchise that goes along!

Also, Kamiya answered to the "what do you think of the new DMC?" comment. His answer is something along the lines of "well, Dante changes every time, and really, I only care about the characters in my game. Each time Amaterasu, Joe or Dante appear in someone else's game, I consider them as entirely different characters."

So much for people looking for drama, I suppose.

Nobinobita
805th Post

"Re(3):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 02:04post reply

quote:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I LOVED absolutely everything on that trailer. Here I was, sulky and disappointed with the decline of the Sengoku Basara franchise, only to discover that Capcom was actually brewing this little jewel behind the scenes! Ah, the hype is going to kill me.

Thanks for posting the link! Thank you Cyberconnect2 for rekindling my hope in games! Thank you Capcom for having the foresight to hire them for an original project! The hot blooded tone and the really well researched East Asian mythological setting are like a dream come true for me. Oh man, I feel like a kid again. Like I just read about an awesome new 32 megabit super game from Capcom. Too cool!

www.art-eater.com

Pollyanna
2962th Post

"Re(4):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 02:51post reply

quote:

The more I think about it, the more misguided it seems. American players aren't crazy about effeminate protagonists and Japanese players aren't crazy about western-developed games.

To me, Dante's new design says "this game is for girls."

Maybe I'm just out of touch with youth culture of today, but I imagine a large portion of the game-buying public is as well.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Gieflos
19th Post

New Customer

"Re:You've got a mail" , posted Thu 16 Sep 02:55post reply

TGS Catherine vid

Maybe we need a TGS thread?

Nobinobita
806th Post

"Re(5):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 03:15post reply

quote:
The more I think about it, the more misguided it seems. American players aren't crazy about effeminate protagonists and Japanese players aren't crazy about western-developed games.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with youth culture of today, but I imagine a large portion of the game-buying public is as well.

Maybe this game is secretly on point. After all, for all their complaints about Japanese pretty boys, Americans love beautiful too. Justin Bieber, those twilight dudes, Johnny Depp, that guy who played Legolas, Brad Pitt, young Leonardo DiCaprio, Justin Timberlake, James Franco, James Dean. These are all pretty pretty boys(I'm slightly disturbed that I named Justin Bieber first. Curse you internet!!!)

Beyond that, Americans have traditionally loved "emo" heroes. For all his mincing and posturing, Kratos is the most emo hero ever. He is immeasurably indignant, a constant loner, he ignores the good advice of his elders who never the less continue to support him, he keeps an extra special diary and says lines like "stay out of my head!". Hell, he's got RAZOR BLADES CHAINED TO HIS WRISTS! He even kills himself by jumping off a cliff like a maiden. He's one loud cry for help. The God of War games are basically the story of a modern teenage girl with super powers in ancient greece.

For all the complaints you commonly hear about Japanese stuff being too pretty and emo, North Americans pretty much enjoy the same stuff in a different package. The most hated things in the world are hated for deep underlying similarities, not differences.

www.art-eater.com

Maese
605th Post

"Re(4):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 03:28post reply

quote:
None of the games that Capcom mentioned were actually developed by Capcom. I feel like this needs to be pointed out.

Which, seeing the utter disgrace of the latest Basara, is not necessarily a bad thing! Don't care much for DMC, but I for one am still in shock by Ashura Wrath's trailer. Never mind who's developing it, every single pixel is screaming "Basara" and "Capcom-style awesomeness" to me. Heck, even the title name is pure gold <3

As Nobita said:

quote:
Thank you Cyberconnect2 for rekindling my hope in games! Thank you Capcom for having the foresight to hire them for an original project! The hot blooded tone and the really well researched East Asian mythological setting are like a dream come true for me. Oh man, I feel like a kid again. Like I just read about an awesome new 32 megabit super game from Capcom. Too cool!

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't add a single comma to that statement.

Evenor
741th Post

"Re(5):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 03:38:post reply

The new Dante looks like Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry!

Here is the debut trailer of Shadows of the Damned ( a Suda 51 + Shiniji Mikami collaboration).

Edit: Actually TheRedKnight already posted the trailer.

[this message was edited by Evenor on Thu 16 Sep 03:50]

HAYATO
996th Post

"More Ashura's Wrath love rambling..." , posted Thu 16 Sep 04:21post reply

quote:

Which, seeing the utter disgrace of the latest Basara, is not necessarily a bad thing! Don't care much for DMC, but I for one am still in shock by Ashura Wrath's trailer. Never mind who's developing it, every single pixel is screaming "Basara" and "Capcom-style awesomeness" to me. Heck, even the title name is pure gold <3

As Nobita said:

Thank you Cyberconnect2 for rekindling my hope in games! Thank you Capcom for having the foresight to hire them for an original project! The hot blooded tone and the really well researched East Asian mythological setting are like a dream come true for me. Oh man, I feel like a kid again. Like I just read about an awesome new 32 megabit super game from Capcom. Too cool!

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't add a single comma to that statement.

Oh my... What an awesome trailer!! Not only does this game look impressive, it also looks like one which is truly fun to play, which is a novelty these days...

The game mechanics look fresh (albeit being the same 10+ year old QTE routines we are more than tired of), and the Asian, mythological setting counts as another strong point in my book.

But, what got me excited the most about this game was its visuals : the Terada Katsuya fan within me couldn't be happier with the designs and overall vibe of this production.

Well, another reason to buy a PS3 next month!!

Nobinobita
808th Post

"Re(1):More Ashura's Wrath love rambling..." , posted Thu 16 Sep 04:43post reply

quote:
But, what got me excited the most about this game was its visuals : the Terada Katsuya fan within me couldn't be happier with the designs and overall vibe of this production.

YES!!! It's like Katsuya Terada's Monkey King, the game, but more Shonen (and probably less rape).

Also, for once, I actually really like the QTE. Rather than being about arbitrary twitchy reaction timing, this QTE conveys the feeling of planting your feet and bracing for impact. SO MANLY! It harkens back to the early days of fighting games when motions were meant to be intuitive and chosen as much for the tactile sensation of performing the motion as their strategic value in terms of gameplay.

www.art-eater.com

HAYATO
997th Post

"Re(2):More Ashura's Wrath love rambling..." , posted Thu 16 Sep 05:29post reply

quote:

YES!!! It's like Katsuya Terada's Monkey King, the game, but more Shonen (and probably less rape).

Yep, the fact that the main character looks like a generic, Miura Kentaro styled, macho hero puts me off a bit. Anyway, given the sheer amount of highlights this game is going to offer, I think I'll manage to overlook this little nuisance effortlessly...

BTW, for those Terada fans who don't know about it yet, Saiyukiden Daienoh vol. 2 is out at last!

shindekudasai
359th Post

Silver Customer

"Dead Rising 2: Case West teaser" , posted Thu 16 Sep 07:39post reply

Only barely more useful than my link above
Supposedly 2-player co-op with Frank as player 2.

sfried
565th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Radiant Silvergun 360" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:10post reply

What Treasure was working on with Microsoft all the time.

Hagen de Merak
1069th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:18post reply

quote:

This quote sums up my feelings towards this

"Japan is famous for making games that star effeminate pretty boys. The West is stereotyped as having muscular bro's as their stars.

Yet when the Japanese made Devil May Cry, Dante was a man. Now, when a Western developer makes Dante, they turn him into a scrawny kid with a Twilight haircut.

It must be opposite day at Capcom."

I wouldn't of cared if they had just named it something else, but why call it DMC? Oh well.

Megane
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Hipster Dante now + more Capcom news" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:37:post reply

Someone found this pic:

To the left, "Dante". To the right, the current director:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8342/dantej.jpg

In other news, X-23 for MvC3? http://shoryuken.com/content/x-23-join-cast-marvel-vs-capcom-3-1786/

And, SSF4 for the PC was announced.

[this message was edited by Megane on Thu 16 Sep 12:48]

Maou
2069th Post

"let's link" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:53:post reply

quote:
At least your grievously low resolution will be beautified by the wrath of heaven.

Heheheh.

Unrelatedly: kids, it is time to remember how to use the URL link button. Highlight the word to have the link, hit "URL," and put the URL in that nice spot where it says "link here," changing nothing else and leaving the "URL=" where it is. I knew you could do it!

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 16 Sep 12:54]

Megane
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):let's link" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:54post reply

quote:
Heheheh.

Unrelatedly: kids, it is time to remember how to use the URL link button. Highlight the word to have the link, hit "URL," and put the link in that nice spot where it says "link here," changing nothing else. I knew you could do it!

but daaaaaaaad

Maou
2070th Post

"Re(2):let's link" , posted Thu 16 Sep 12:55:post reply

quote:
but daaaaaaaad

"Now, now, this is for your own good. You'll thank me when you're older."

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 16 Sep 12:58]

KTallguy
1258th Post

"Re(3):let's link" , posted Thu 16 Sep 14:07post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCq8R2_jUg

Nagoshi looks pretty focused on burying the RGG franchise so he can start fresh :)

Megane
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"FINE, dad" , posted Thu 16 Sep 14:51post reply

Let's try this.

X-23 revealed as the next Marvel addition, doesn't look like the mystery silhouette, though.

Maou
2071th Post

"Re(1):FINE, dad" , posted Thu 16 Sep 15:00:post reply

quote:
Let's try this.

X-23 revealed as the next Marvel addition, doesn't look like the mystery silhouette, though.

*sniff* Y, you've made me so proud. I hope others will follow your lead. Kids and their newfangled tinyurls.

All the more so because it's our lord and savior, TRON BONNE.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Terrible secret: I never played the Rockman Dash series. What is wrong with me?

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 16 Sep 15:02]

Gieflos
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):FINE, dad" , posted Thu 16 Sep 15:10post reply

quote:
All the more so because it's our lord and savior, TRON BONNE.

I'm surprised at how similar she is to her last incarnation. I really like that Asgard(?) stage. I want to see more Capcom side stages!

Maese
606th Post

"Re(3):FINE, dad" , posted Thu 16 Sep 18:15post reply

Speaking about rekindling one's interest and faith in videogames, Last Guardian's new trailer looks cuter than ever. Can't hardly wait to X'mas 2011.

Also, Ni no Kuni on PS3 looks more gorgeous than I could even imagine.

And, does anybody here remember Ni-Oh, that Koei brawler announced years ago, even before PS3 launching, with an scenario seemingly based on an Akira Kurosawa script and featuring a nanban samurai on the usual 16th century war-thorn Japan? Well, the project is still safe and sound, but Team Ninja crew are the ones rising it from the grave giving it the finishing touch. Not as spectacular a comeback as Duke Nukem Forever, but still.

The time to yield to Sony's charms and get a PS3 has come, it seems...

Olivier Hague
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hipster Dante now" , posted Thu 16 Sep 23:58:post reply

quote:
the utter disgrace of the latest Basara

Naaah...
Sure, the latest entry is more serious / less silly than usual, but I really doubt that's, like, the new direction of the series. Those are the same guys who thought Sengoku Basara 2 was getting too serious and had Nobunaga and Hideyoshi fire beams from their eyes in the Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes intro.
As for the size of the cast... We'll get there, eventually. I really like what they did with the playable characters.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Fri 17 Sep 00:00]

Iggy
9175th Post

"Re(6):Hipster Dante now" , posted Fri 17 Sep 01:42post reply

quote:
Those are the same guys who thought Sengoku Basara 2 was getting too serious and had Nobunaga and Hideyoshi fire beams from their eyes in the Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes intro.

I'd really like them to go back to have scenario for characters... ANY KIND.
Poor Shimazu went from "preventing a volcano to destroy his hammock by hitting it (and the whole Japan along it) with his big sword" to... did he even have any scenario in 3? "I want to see who that Mitsunari guy is", and when he does, "OK, let's go to Sekigahara now".

MEEEEH. At least Oichi and Takatsu are great.

But yeah, as a game, Basara 3 is far better than any instalment of the series (though still dated like a game from last generation). Problem is it's a character game, not a gamer's game...

Ishmael
3891th Post

"Re(4):FINE, dad" , posted Fri 17 Sep 04:47post reply

quote:

And, does anybody here remember Ni-Oh, that Koei brawler announced years ago, even before PS3 launching, with an scenario seemingly based on an Akira Kurosawa script and featuring a nanban samurai on the usual 16th century war-thorn Japan? Well, the project is still safe and sound, but Team Ninja crew are the ones rising it from the grave giving it the finishing touch. Not as spectacular a comeback as Duke Nukem Forever, but still.
I don't remember this game at all, but since it was first announced during that weird period when they were trying to reconfigure Akira Kurosawa as a brand name that's not surprising. Still, I have a blind spot in my game playing habits that Koei hides in so I'm certain I'll be paying attention to any future news of this one.

quote:

Good call, it does have a Terada vibe going on in the design. Now I have yet another reason to look forward to the game.

quote:
but more Shonen (and probably less rape).

...well, I guess I'll still like it.

MvC3 stuff: In addition to Laura and Tron it sounds like even more MvC3 characters could be announced soon. The orange guy could be Luke Cage, or Charlie or someone else entirely. The green character, however, has me flummoxed.

Spoon
2003th Post

"Re(5):FINE, dad" , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:14post reply

The animated sidebars in the console release of AH3 make you think that you're playing Magical Drop or something

Maese
607th Post

"Re(7):Hipster Dante now" , posted Fri 17 Sep 18:26post reply

quote:

But yeah, as a game, Basara 3 is far better than any instalment of the series (though still dated like a game from last generation). Problem is it's a character game, not a gamer's game...

Pretty much what Iggy said. Never mind the gameplay, one of Basara's greatest charms was precisely the outrageously campy depictions of the already outrageous characters who inhabited Momoyama Japan. Sure, even for Capcom it's probably impossible to outdo the campy sillyness (and sheer awesomeness) of Xavi and Itsuki but, come on... a Sekigahara themed game with no "Red Devil" Ii Naomasa, sworn rivals Katou Kiyomasa & Konishi Yukinaga, or even tragic heroine Hosokawa Gracia to be seen? Laaaaaaaame. It's almost like they're not even trying.

Loona
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Fri 17 Sep 21:27post reply

Enjoy before SE has it taken down - they already did it to another.

I got the strange impression that Kuja was on the Cosmos team this time - I'd expect it from Jecht or Golbez, but not him... maybe I'm wrong.

Plain Tifa screenshot just in case

Toxico
5136th Post

"Re(1):Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Sat 18 Sep 03:10:post reply

Ehhh!? While gunning down innocents bystanders is exactly my thing, everything else in there just spells wrong for me.

I haven't even secured a copy of 3, tche.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 18 Sep 06:23]

mbisonhatclub
212th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Sat 18 Sep 08:01post reply

quote:
Enjoy before SE has it taken down - they already did it to another
Nice taken down video, but check out my doubles (☞゚∀゚)☞

Oh god, what a shitty player. There was such a kickass Lightning player video a while ago, too.

Spoon
2004th Post

"Re(2):Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Sat 18 Sep 09:31post reply

For me, the biggest news in gaming is that Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon is not being developed by Sandlot but by Vicious Cycle.

Will they be able to retain the soul of EDF? I can only hope....

Nobinobita
814th Post

"Re(2):Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Sat 18 Sep 09:38post reply

quote:
Ehhh!? While gunning down innocents bystanders is exactly my thing, everything else in there just spells wrong for me.

THIS GAME IS ART!!!

www.art-eater.com

Maou
2071th Post

"Re(1):Tifa footage in Dissidia Duodecim" , posted Sat 18 Sep 10:58post reply

quote:
Plain Tifa screenshot just in case

Exquisite. The decision to eliminate the miniskirt in favor of a knockoff Rinoa outfit was the most resoundingly tragic decision among a series of tragic decisions involved in the VII spinoffs.

*Skirted Ehrgeiz Tifa does not count because Ehrgeiz does not count

Megane
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"ensuring COMPLETE, GLOBAL, SPIDERATION" , posted Sat 18 Sep 17:19post reply

One for JJ!

CHRIIIIIIIIIIS

Show time!

Nekros
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):ensuring COMPLETE, GLOBAL, SPIDERATION" , posted Sat 18 Sep 21:11post reply

quote:

CHRIIIIIIIIIIS

He's got a Matrix vibe.
Cool anyway, halways hope for him to be in since TvC came out.

Iggy
9176th Post

"More Tekken" , posted Sat 18 Sep 21:21post reply

Summer 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvL9TOUuDb8&feature=player_embedded

What's the point of announcing TvsSF if you release that next year?

I start to have the feeling the Tekken/SF crossover will end up like Capcom/ArcSys or Tekken/VF.

Toxico
5137th Post

"Re(1):More Tekken" , posted Sat 18 Sep 22:40post reply

quote:

What's the point of announcing TvsSF if you release that next year?

I start to have the feeling the Tekken/SF crossover will end up like Capcom/ArcSys or Tekken/VF.

Well, I smell a let's play it safe game

This thread is missing something The VA selection already makes this worthwhile to me.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

Ishmael
3894th Post

"Re(2):More Tekken" , posted Sun 19 Sep 02:42post reply

Good to see a Capcom heavy made it into MvC3. Has there been any word on what he plays like outside of some flippy stuff and a reversal super?

quote:
This thread is missing something The VA selection already makes this worthwhile to me.

I like how he starts talking to a big goat guy as if it's something he does every day. Even though I have no idea what the game is going to play like that trailer promises plenty of cut scene action.

Unrelated news: Faster, Pomeranian! Kill! Kill!

Maese
609th Post

"Re(2):More Tekken" , posted Sun 19 Sep 04:44post reply

quote:

Finally, the current incarnation of the Random Thread is complete! Hallelujah!

Also, Hideo Kojima starring as Chupacabras = GOTY.

karasu99
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):More Tekken" , posted Sun 19 Sep 04:49post reply

quote:

Really, it looks good. The design aesthetic is nice and clean, and Simon is modeled well. I like that they have come up with some cool looking enemies, including the Colossus-looking thing.

But the trailer... wow, would it have been that tough to show some actual gameplay? While some of the later parts may be actual gameplay rather than cutscenes, they should have called this trailer 'Simon Belmont talks to people'.

Also, my fond childhood perception of That Game was of a fantastic environment existing in the real world. Which the new game doesn't especially bear out.

Maou
2075th Post

"Re(2):More Tekken" , posted Sun 19 Sep 05:32:post reply

quote:

Just like Dracula's power reviving "every 100 years when Christ's power weakens," Dracula revives every 100 posts in a random thread, assuredly.

The over the top Kojima exposition is already tiresome, but the first good news came about five minutes in when I realized that Inoue Kikuko (Luna/Althena in Lunar) is Mari. That's not Simon, by the way.

Oh, and Ginga Banjou as Cornell? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 19 Sep 05:34]

Iggy
9177th Post

"Re(3):More Tekken" , posted Sun 19 Sep 06:38post reply

quote:
But the trailer... wow, would it have been that tough to show some actual gameplay?

The entire involvement of Kojima in this game is
1) choose the VA for the Japanese version (meaning, the usual gang from Metal Gear, meaning probably no Wakamoto as Dracula)
2) make people talk about the game by Kojima's sheer presence
3) make this Kojima style trailer

, the answer is no.
A whole bucket of GJ to the Spaniards responsible for the actual game, though. Even if the game ends up disappointing, they already outclassed everything Castlevania since 1997 (referenced on the webside as "The Iga Years", which, according to the site, is over. And nobody seems to regret it at Konami.

Spoon
2013th Post

"Re(4):More Tekken" , posted Wed 22 Sep 14:05post reply

A link about Shiren 5 I stumbled across because of a link Toxico posted.

Shiren carrying a ton of swords is not a totally inaccurate portrayal of what can happen in the game.

Can anybody tell me how well Shiren games sell in Japan?

Ishmael
3898th Post

"Re(5):More Tekken, more zombies" , posted Wed 22 Sep 22:20post reply

The more I see of it, the more I'm convinced that Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza has gone totally bonkers. I love it.

The current level of squeamishness in Japanese games depresses me. When Onechanbara -a series that is built around being tacky- has its latest game toned down then something, somewhere has gone horribly wrong.

Maou
2077th Post

"forklift revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 13:03post reply

quote:
The more I see of it, the more I'm convinced that Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza has gone totally bonkers. I love it.
Hey Ish, I know you love killing zombies as much as the next guy, but are you sure that what you're most excited about isn't the ability to break out your fishing reel controller for the new fishing segments?? It's been a long time since Sega Bass Fishing, as I recall...

I also liked what I'm sure is a Shenmue tribute...look at about 6:30 or so---he is totally driving a forklift, just like my Shenmue part-time job in the good old days!

Maese
610th Post

"Re(1):colossi revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 18:22post reply

Was anybody aware of a Shadow of the Colossus movie on the works? Man, I didn't see this coming...

Iggy
9179th Post

"Re(2):colossi revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 18:55post reply

So, they're getting their inspiration from Scott Pilgrim ? I'm suddenly so much more confident the movie is going to be a complete success.

HAYATO
998th Post

"Re(2):colossi revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 19:35post reply

quote:
Was anybody aware of a Shadow of the Colossus movie on the works? Man, I didn't see this coming...

Right now, getting a hold of the PS3 remake would be enough for me. Last Guardian would do the trick as well, but it seems we'll have to wait a bit more to quench our Ueda thirst...

Ishmael
3899th Post

"Re(1):forklift revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 22:48post reply

quote:
Hey Ish, I know you love killing zombies as much as the next guy, but are you sure that what you're most excited about isn't the ability to break out your fishing reel controller for the new fishing segments?? It's been a long time since Sega Bass Fishing, as I recall...

I also liked what I'm sure is a Shenmue tribute...look at about 6:30 or so---he is totally driving a forklift, just like my Shenmue part-time job in the good old days!

Good call on the forklift, I didn't make that connection. Here I thought Yakuza's slow appropriation of the Sega fishing series was a happy fluke. Now, however, I understand that the RgG games are going in incorporate every good idea Sega has ever had into one title. It looks like they are well on their way since in this latest game I can go fishing, drive a forklift and then take a hostess out on the town for an evening of zombie killing action. Now that's a game!

In other news, I'm beginning to suspect that there's a gas leak in the offices of Capcom since they are once again making insane sales estimates. They are shooting for 4-5 million copies sold for DmC? Really? I understand that Japanese companies rarely seem to have the resources and/or mojo to make the massive blockbuster titles that are seen in this generation of consoles but I seriously doubt Dante 2.0 is Capcom's ticket to the big time. I wonder if the sales figures on Red Dead Redemption are sticking in Capcom's craw.

Maese
611th Post

"Re(2):forklift revival" , posted Thu 23 Sep 23:10post reply

quote:

Good call on the forklift, I didn't make that connection. Here I thought Yakuza's slow appropriation of the Sega fishing series was a happy fluke. Now, however, I understand that the RgG games are going in incorporate every good idea Sega has ever had into one title. It looks like they are well on their way since in this latest game I can go fishing, drive a forklift and then take a hostess out on the town for an evening of zombie killing action. Now that's a game!

Hopefully you'll be able to run some blue hedgehogs and two-tailed foxes over while riding your forklift too!

karasu99
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):forklift revival" , posted Fri 24 Sep 03:07post reply

quote:
an evening of zombie killing action.

On this subject, has anyone here played Dead Rising 2 Case Zero? Since the marketing campaign has reached a fever pitch with the game coming out next week, I thought I would ask around and check in on opinions.

While the game (both the prelude and the full game) looks interesting to me, I can't help but wonder if the zombie game has been played out, and all we're doing now is making games that are exclusively zombie-ironic.

So am I wrong? Does this bring something new to zombie gaming?

Tai-Pan
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):forklift revival" , posted Fri 24 Sep 06:18post reply

quote:
has anyone here played Dead Rising 2 Case Zero?

I bought it for cheap ($5) after playing the demo. I enjoy the mindless gameplay. It doesn't last for more than 3 hours but it has good replay value. You have side missions and there is always something fun to do.
Consider it a very fun demo.

Spoon
2017th Post

"Ys-tern standard time" , posted Mon 27 Sep 07:57post reply

So Ys 7 for the PSP has been out for a little while in North America. Anybody tried it yet? I've heard that in spite of it being quite a deparature in some ways from the usual Ys (whatever that means), it's a very enjoyable game. Amazingly, I've heard positive things about it from both Ys fans and people who have never played Ys before.

Really I'm just waiting for whatever Polly has to say about it.

Maou
2078th Post

"Y so much talking" , posted Mon 27 Sep 10:20post reply

quote:
So Ys 7 for the PSP has been out for a little while in North America. Anybody tried it yet? I've heard that in spite of it being quite a deparature in some ways from the usual Ys (whatever that means), it's a very enjoyable game. Amazingly, I've heard positive things about it from both Ys fans and people who have never played Ys before.

Actually, didn't she bring it up already? Or maybe I can just intuit her (well-crafted and helpful) opinions/tastes at this point. The word on Ys 7 for a good while has been that it's fun to play but filled with the detestable modern RPG malaise of Too Much Talking paired with a bad script. This is unfortunate since I have learned from these boards that the point of Ys was never to have a good story but to have a good time, and if the former obstructs the latter... Sounds like all the inane chatter in the glorious wonderful Mario Galaxy.

Pollyanna
2966th Post

"Re(1):Y so much talking" , posted Mon 27 Sep 15:43:post reply

quote:

Actually, didn't she bring it up already? Or maybe I can just intuit her (well-crafted and helpful) opinions/tastes at this point. The word on Ys 7 for a good while has been that it's fun to play but filled with the detestable modern RPG malaise of Too Much Talking paired with a bad script. This is unfortunate since I have learned from these boards that the point of Ys was never to have a good story but to have a good time, and if the former obstructs the latter...

I don't even need to post anymore! I've yammered so much that my opinions have been absorbed into the collective consciousness of the board!

Yes, Ys 7 had too much talking. Although I can't say I've ever played a Ys game with a really fantastic story, the early games knew better than to waste your time. The stories were simple, but grandiose...less about words and more about ideas.

The characters in Ys 7 really, honestly don't have a damned good thing to say, and the game keeps you running around towns far too much (thankfully, you run fast). Ironically, the good points of Ys7 actually make this WORSE, as you're always dying to make it to the next fantastic boss fight with screaming guitar and crap flying everywhere. The system in the game is great, it's just plugged into a kinda crappy shell.

I don't know if Oath in Felghana is really the better game, but I still consider it my favorite, because it gets straight to the point. The soundtrack tips things nicely in its favor, too. Although Ys 7 has a stellar opening and a few great boss tunes, the soundtrack in Oath is so good that the game only needs to provide you with something to occupy yourself while you listen to the music.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, in defense of Ys7, when you get out of town, you haul ass, flip around like crazy and wreck shit. You have super moves, too. It's as crazy as it looks in the trailers.

quote:
Sounds like all the inane chatter in the glorious wonderful Mario Galaxy.

Yeah...although I don't know that there's actually a WHOLE lot of dialogue in Mario Galaxy, I can't help but think that the game doesn't really need ANY.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Mon 27 Sep 15:47]

badoor
147th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK
XBL: BadoorSNK

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Y so much talking" , posted Mon 27 Sep 16:11:post reply

quote:

Actually, didn't she bring it up already? Or maybe I can just intuit her (well-crafted and helpful) opinions/tastes at this point. The word on Ys 7 for a good while has been that it's fun to play but filled with the detestable modern RPG malaise of Too Much Talking paired with a bad script. This is unfortunate since I have learned from these boards that the point of Ys was never to have a good story but to have a good time, and if the former obstructs the latter... Sounds like all the inane chatter in the glorious wonderful Mario Galaxy.

I picked it up digitally cause appearantly the UMD is region locked while the digital one isn't. I always wanted to play an Ys game ever since I knew the 3 Major facts about the series: That it's pronounced "ees". That you bumped into things to kill them in the old games. And that it had an awesome soundtrack.

Being my first Ys, I'm happy to say that I've been enjoying it quite much 6 hours in. Maybe it's because I can tolerate a lot of the chatty games. Though the fact that Falcom (or maybe Xseed localization) might at times poke fun at themselves helps (Like when Dogi comments about how seemingly every monarchy or deity-like beings chooses Adol as their savior). Even if you're bothered with the dialog, the very fast and breezy combat and exploration with the great soundtrack should be enough to make you forgive it. And the intense, epically lengthy awesome boss battles should make you love it.

[this message was edited by badoor on Mon 27 Sep 16:16]

TheRedKnight
269th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Y so much talking" , posted Tue 28 Sep 01:25post reply

quote:

I picked it up digitally cause appearantly the UMD is region locked while the digital one isn't.

???

karasu99
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Y so much talking" , posted Tue 28 Sep 03:14post reply

quote:

I picked it up digitally cause appearantly the UMD is region locked while the digital one isn't.

???

I'll second ??? this-- as far as I knew, only UMD movies were region locked.

badoor
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Y so much talking" , posted Tue 28 Sep 04:28post reply

quote:

???

I'll second ??? this-- as far as I knew, only UMD movies were region locked.

Well according to this blog here and the comments (You need to sign up to read the comments). I also might have reading it somewhere else but google is failing me again. It's a very very rare case from what I understand as this is the 2nd time it happened on the psp. While marginally relevant, ModNation Racers on the ps3 also had region locking, though that was removed with the latest patch.

Spoon
2021th Post

"Ono says..." , posted Sun 3 Oct 11:54post reply

Eurogamer: How many requests will it take before Inafune says yes [to Darkstalkers]?

Yoshinori Ono: I say one million.

Eurogamer: How many have you had?

Yoshinori Ono: We've got 5000.

Toxico
5151th Post

"random...." , posted Mon 4 Oct 13:42:post reply

I just.... Ah.

Heck, I give up.... Let's patrol the galaxy without any clothes on.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 4 Oct 13:43]

Spoon
2022th Post

"Re(1):random...." , posted Mon 4 Oct 14:20post reply

quote:
I just.... Ah.

The picture of Yamazaki looks just the part for the violent rapist. How... appropriate? I don't know!

Nekros
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Ono says..." , posted Mon 4 Oct 18:05post reply

quote:

Is actually (final) boss Inafune who imposed the million-sign limit, not Ono's decision.

Freeter
4524th Post

"Re(2):random...." , posted Mon 4 Oct 23:00post reply

quote:
I just.... Ah.

The picture of Yamazaki looks just the part for the violent rapist. How... appropriate? I don't know!

So how long until that Bao trap game gets released?

Ishmael
3905th Post

"Re(2):random...." , posted Tue 5 Oct 00:05post reply

quote:
I just.... Ah.

Is that Yamazaki or a picture of the target audience member for the game? Still, I admit I've given SNKP grief in the past for being too conservative in the types of games they release and this is certainly different than anything they've put out before.

quote:

I suspect that in a past life Ono was a girl who worked in a hostess club since he's great at stringing people along in order to get maximum results. More power to him since the game press is a lot more personality driven than it was in the past.

karasu99
438th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):random...." , posted Tue 5 Oct 01:08post reply

quote:
More power to him since the game press is a lot more personality driven than it was in the past.

Yes, I can't imagine this sort of thing and how it would have changed things back in the days when SFII and its children were being released.

Truthfully though, I don't care for his vague tweets.

TheRedKnight
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):random...." , posted Tue 5 Oct 02:47post reply

quote:
More power to him since the game press is a lot more personality driven than it was in the past.

Yes, I can't imagine this sort of thing and how it would have changed things back in the days when SFII and its children were being released.

Truthfully though, I don't care for his vague tweets.

I don't care for his games.

sfried
573th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):random...." , posted Tue 5 Oct 11:48post reply

I've just played quite a bit of Risky's Revenge coming back home. This game is very solid for those who want a good ol' Metroidvania with actual whipping but not the grinding. The pacing is solid yet challenging.

karasu99
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):random...." , posted Wed 6 Oct 07:32post reply

Unless I missed it somehow, I am surprised that no one mentioned that the 3DS will apparently be getting a virtual console for Gameboy and Gameboy Color games.

Unless they price them outrageously (not even sure what I would say is the right price, actually), this could be pretty cool.

Iggy
9187th Post

"Re(1):Ono says..." , posted Wed 6 Oct 08:30post reply

quote:

That is the best news I've read today.

Toxico
5154th Post

"Shenmue is back...." , posted Fri 8 Oct 13:27:post reply

.... As a "hell if I care" celphone game

Another source

Bonus

Your worst nightmares obviously made true!

Suddenly I had this flashback to a movie of Nicholas cage where he has to trace back the origins of a film where a girl gets killed... And when he face the director of the film it ends up that he happens to be this totally perverted almost permanently pseudo naked Iggy type of guy... Anyway; at one point that director gets shot in the neck by a miss fired bullet; and when he realizes that he is dying he just can say in disbelief... "This is wrong... Not like this... I'm supposed to have something more cinematic".

Those same exact words came to my mind when I opened Famitsu just now.

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 8 Oct 13:56]

KTallguy
1259th Post

"Re(1):Shenmue is back...." , posted Fri 8 Oct 17:59post reply

quote:
"This is wrong... Not like this... I'm supposed to have something more cinematic".

Those same exact words came to my mind when I opened Famitsu just now.

8mm was a great movie.
I pray that they take Shenmue farther than a mobile game.
A remake/re-release of the first two games is a start.

karasu99
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Shenmue is back...." , posted Sun 10 Oct 14:50post reply

Gah, some enterprising individual needs to start a new random thread.

I saw this thing and it made me pretty happy (the amount of liquor I consumed this evening had nothing to do with it). A favorite of years past!

Nobinobita
824th Post

"Re(3):Shenmue is back...." , posted Sun 10 Oct 15:15post reply

quote:

I saw this thing and it made me pretty happy (the amount of liquor I consumed this evening had nothing to do with it). A favorite of years past!

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh man, I wonder if it'll have dual screen 4 player action. That would be so sweet.

Did you ever watch the Pride of the X-men pilot that the game was based off of? I remember it used to come on Saturday morning at 6:30am every once in a few months. It had great animation.

www.art-eater.com

TheRedKnight
273th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Shenmue is back...." , posted Sun 10 Oct 16:41post reply

quote:

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh man, I wonder if it'll have dual screen 4 player action. That would be so sweet.

Did you ever watch the Pride of the X-men pilot that the game was based off of? I remember it used to come on Saturday morning at 6:30am every once in a few months. It had great animation.

Nice, I have plenty of fond memories with this one, so it's a must buy. Oh and it's Pryde of the X-Men.

Gojira
2655th Post

"Re(4):Shenmue is C'MON" , posted Sun 10 Oct 17:32post reply

quote:

God I hope they're not remixing the music to sound like whatever the hell that was. The arcade game soundtrack was classic Konami quality.

shipoopi

Pollyanna
2969th Post

"Re(5):Shenmue is C'MON" , posted Mon 11 Oct 05:21post reply

quote:

God I hope they're not remixing the music to sound like whatever the hell that was. The arcade game soundtrack was classic Konami quality.

My question is, "are they changing the voice acting?" I mean, "welcome to die" and "master of magnet" aren't even proper English.

I still make fun of Captain America's "I...can't...move...!" from the Avengers game, even though no one will ever ever catch the reference.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iggy
9188th Post

"Rockman Dash 3: Vote for the new heroine" , posted Mon 11 Oct 05:40post reply

As if the idea of a new Rockman Dash wasn't awesome enough, they asked to 9 historical Rockman designers to draw the new game's new female character, and now we can vote for the one we like best!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/hdc/index.php

(There's probably an English version on Capcom USA's site, but I wouldn't know where to look for it.)

I think my favourite is Ishikawa's (the first one). He worked on Rockman 7, 8, Rockman&Forte, Dash 1&2, and various spinoffs of the PS1 era, so that was a no brainer.
She looks like she's already pissed about something YOU did, and her strange police uniform + apron + boots costume is strangely appealing. The little girl with her helmet is also terribly cute, though a bit too EXE, maybe... The last one has a good Nausicaa vibe that fits with the word of Dash, but she's showing too much skin...
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CHOOOOOSE !!!

Abster
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Rockman Dash 3: Vote for the new heroin" , posted Mon 11 Oct 06:01post reply

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2010/10/10/vote_for_your_favorite_design_in_the_mega_man_legends_3_heroine_contest!

Here's the English version of that thread.

They're also looking for boss ideas, voice actors, and even someone to run the development website.

Ishmael
3911th Post

"Re(3):Shenmue is back...." , posted Mon 11 Oct 08:00post reply

quote:

Since the game is going to be six player does that mean it's going to play like the six player arcade version instead of the four player version? What was the original aspect ratio on the six player arcade version? Will I need a larger television to play X-Men properly? Will I need multiple televisions to play X-Men properly? Will that "Eh eh eh eh X-Men" song still be in there? That's a lot of questions for the return of a game where you do nothing but jump kick everything to death.

whitesword
1700th Post

"Re(1):Rockman Dash 3: Vote for the new heroin" , posted Mon 11 Oct 08:23post reply

Most of those girls have goggles. Perhaps some sort of an open-air vehicle is involved! A motorcycle or a flying machine perhaps!

And I hope they don't listen to the fans too much, because too many of them happen to be insane!

Spoon
2027th Post

"Re(4):Shenmue is back...." , posted Mon 11 Oct 08:46post reply

quote:

Since the game is going to be six player does that mean it's going to play like the six player arcade version instead of the four player version? What was the original aspect ratio on the six player arcade version? Will I need a larger television to play X-Men properly? Will I need multiple televisions to play X-Men properly? Will that "Eh eh eh eh X-Men" song still be in there? That's a lot of questions for the return of a game where you do nothing but jump kick everything to death.

I can't remember the actual final aspect ratio of the game. I do know that I'm going to need something more than the old 4:3 to do it justice, though...

.... an 18 year old game about jump kicking things is forcing me to buy a new television?! Who knew.

And yes, the song rocked.

sfried
577th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Shantae is back...." , posted Mon 11 Oct 10:13:post reply

quote:
Most of those girls have goggles. Perhaps some sort of an open-air vehicle is involved! A motorcycle or a flying machine perhaps!

And I hope they don't listen to the fans too much, because too many of them happen to be insane!

I voted for Ishikawa's art. The rest just seem to fanservicy for my liking (i.e.bunny ears and unnecessary goggles. Roll technically already wears goggles, too.) Plus she reminds me of a certain genie girl who's game was once distributed by Capcom and now finally has a sequel out after all this waiting, which again is similar to Dash/Legends predicament.

[this message was edited by sfried on Mon 11 Oct 10:15]

Spoon
2028th Post

"Re(2):Rockman Dash 3: Vote for the new heroin" , posted Mon 11 Oct 12:35post reply

quote:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2010/10/10/vote_for_your_favorite_design_in_the_mega_man_legends_3_heroine_contest!

Here's the English version of that thread.

They're also looking for boss ideas, voice actors, and even someone to run the development website.

the english site doesn't mention this interesting tidbit that's on the jp site:
basically it makes her sound like an annoying sidekick character that the team accepts because she's cute

when i try imagining this character with the images shown, the only one that would not infuriate me is the kid with the hard hat because she looks like a grade schooler making such a personality understable and more forgiveable

Gojira
2656th Post

"Re(3):Rockman Dash 3: Vote for the new heroin" , posted Mon 11 Oct 13:35post reply

This is tough...

I actually like Sensei's design, but I think the Native American motif is a little too much; take it away and she'd have my vote. I don't suppose we can make these kind of comments when voting, huh?

Ishikawa's reminds me of a 60's drive-thru waitress. Too bad she doesn't have rollerskates in those boots, then it'd be perfect.

Helmet is awesome but whenever I see those helmets I think of the robots always hiding inside them, which strikes me as timid, so given the description of the character I can't bring myself to vote for it.

Crap, I don't know.

shipoopi

badoor
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Shenmue is back...." , posted Mon 11 Oct 22:23post reply

So the new Shenmue is sort of canon. It's actually being made with Yu Suzuki and his new company, possibly without even any involvement with SEGA, I'm not sure if that means that Sega still holds the rights to the franchise or not. So maybe Shenmue 3 wouldn't need to be made by SEGA. (though I haven't heard that Ryo Hazuki's appearance in Sonic All star racing had some sort of copyright from another company or like that).

http://kotaku.com/5660806/new-shenmue-is-not-a-sega-game

While this isn't really what I want for the Shenmue franchise, it's good to see that Yu Suzuki is at least doing something. The last thing he made was Sega Race TV in 2008. The credits roll for that game had his name just written at the end without even a title, just his name scrolling slowly and sadly in plain text. This is unlike say Ferrari F355 challenge where the credits showed him as the director or producer with his Signature. Japanese office politics must be really tough.

ZamIAm
1780th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Shantae is back...." , posted Mon 11 Oct 22:53post reply

quote:
genie girl who's game was once distributed by Capcom and now finally has a sequel out after all this waiting

!!!

Okay, I need to read the random thread more often.