RANDOM - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (7814 Views )

Iron D
3202th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"RANDOM" , posted Fri 3 Jul 11:04post reply

YAY! Futurama is BACK, baby! Best news I've heard in a while.

Just graduated with my B.A. in Mass Communications. Post-grad life so far is...very boring. I need a job, like yesterday.

Honey Golden Grahams are more addictive than crack.

I'm more impressed by the pure level of animation of games like MotW and SFIII than the hi-res stuff of HD Remix or GG.

"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica sounds a lot sadder when its played on cellos.

Where's Zam at?

While I'm at it, whatever happened to TalbainEric? Adon? WebHead? Shin80proof?

Hey guys! I'm on PSN as IronDD! Add me so we can play some HD Remix!

It's hard to believe that while I just graduated, I have been a member of this board since I was a senior in high school...it's certainly been a while.

My recent habit of picking up random fighters that I haven't played in well over a decade makes me realize that I think I'll be playing fighting games forever. For the rest of my life. I mean, in a good fighting game, there's ALWAYS more tactics to discover. I mean....DAMN!

Okay. I'm done.

Er.....

Replies:

hikarutilmitt
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):RANDOM" , posted Fri 3 Jul 12:02post reply

quote:
YAY! Futurama is BACK, baby! Best news I've heard in a while.

Just graduated with my B.A. in Mass Communications. Post-grad life so far is...very boring. I need a job, like yesterday.

Honey Golden Grahams are more addictive than crack.

I'm more impressed by the pure level of animation of games like MotW and SFIII than the hi-res stuff of HD Remix or GG.

"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica sounds a lot sadder when its played on cellos.

Where's Zam at?

While I'm at it, whatever happened to TalbainEric? Adon? WebHead? Shin80proof?

Hey guys! I'm on PSN as IronDD! Add me so we can play some HD Remix!

It's hard to believe that while I just graduated, I have been a member of this board since I was a senior in high school...it's certainly been a while.

My recent habit of picking up random fighters that I haven't played in well over a decade makes me realize that I think I'll be playing fighting games forever. For the rest of my life. I mean, in a good fighting game, there's ALWAYS more tactics to discover. I mean....DAMN!

Okay. I'm done.

add me on PSN: hikarutimitt (note the lack of the l) and we'll get some HDR matches in.

Digitalboy
609th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"RAN DUMB TAKEOVER" , posted Fri 3 Jul 14:24post reply

I am building my own personal server. So far I have ordered the motherboard Asus P5Q with an Intel Duo Core (2?). I have an old casing for it and just hoping that it will fit. I plan to have at least four hard drive discs and not really interested in RAID. This server will be for home entertainment purposes. Also planning to install Red hat/Ubuntu/Linux/Unix type of operating system. Is there anything that anyone here suggests?

Hey this is a random thread for the bulletin boards! For every post here post something in RAN DUMB thread found at the image bulletin board. Please?

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

ONSLAUGHT
3823th Post

"MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Fri 3 Jul 19:13post reply

Swine flu, the latest media/government fraud? what's your theory?

Iron D
3204th Post

"Re(1):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Fri 3 Jul 22:00post reply

quote:

Krzyzewski Man still exists. Now whatever happened to Dr. Baghead?

Er.....

karasu99
165th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Sat 4 Jul 02:00post reply

quote:

Didn't he slash me to the ground over Castlevania a month or so back?

Congratulations on your degree, Iron D. Even though I've been registered here just a brief while (and thus I don't know you well), I was happy to hear of your great news.

Swine flu: even though it is a real, dangerous thing, I think it's also an opportunity for the news media to get everyone worked into a frenzy. ALSO! I find it funny that in the US at least the agriculture lobby is huge enough that they could effectively get the term 'swine' replaced by 'H1N1' in most reporting.

Tai-Pan
365th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):RAN DUMB TAKEOVER" , posted Sat 4 Jul 11:24post reply

quote:
I am building my own personal server. So far I have ordered the motherboard Asus P5Q with an Intel Duo Core (2?). I have an old casing for it and just hoping that it will fit. I plan to have at least four hard drive discs and not really interested in RAID. This server will be for home entertainment purposes. Also planning to install Red hat/Ubuntu/Linux/Unix type of operating system. Is there anything that anyone here suggests?

Hey this is a random thread for the bulletin boards! For every post here post something in RAN DUMB thread found at the image bulletin board. Please?

How much experience do you have? If you are not really experienced with Linux I would go with windows home server.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Digitalboy
611th Post

"Re(2):RAN DUMB TAKEOVER" , posted Sat 4 Jul 13:22post reply

I have no experience in any other OS's. And this will be my first experience building a pc much so a server. I want to try Red Hat because it is made for servers and this will be just a learning experience for me.
quote:
How much experience do you have? If you are not really experienced with Linux I would go with windows home server.

I don't know how to live

hikarutilmitt
494th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):RAN DUMB TAKEOVER" , posted Sat 4 Jul 13:58post reply

quote:
I have no experience in any other OS's. And this will be my first experience building a pc much so a server. I want to try Red Hat because it is made for servers and this will be just a learning experience for me.How much experience do you have? If you are not really experienced with Linux I would go with windows home server.

If anything, especially since this is your first time, I would suggest something like debian. It's stable, has lots of support and is pretty easy to manage. Unless you're using actual WEB applications for it (and even then it works fine) you shouldn't really need to run something like RHL just because it's more robustness than you need and it has a relatively steep learning curve if you're not willing to break things when learning it.

Plus it works well for a media server should you ever want to go that route.

Iron D
3205th Post

"Re(3):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Sat 4 Jul 22:22post reply

quote:

Didn't he slash me to the ground over Castlevania a month or so back?

Congratulations on your degree, Iron D. Even though I've been registered here just a brief while (and thus I don't know you well), I was happy to hear of your great news.

Swine flu: even though it is a real, dangerous thing, I think it's also an opportunity for the news media to get everyone worked into a frenzy. ALSO! I find it funny that in the US at least the agriculture lobby is huge enough that they could effectively get the term 'swine' replaced by 'H1N1' in most reporting.

Hey, thanks Karasu. I may have been here for a while, but I go into patterns where I alternate between lurking for a few months and then posting semi-regularly. So sometimes I'll come back here and notice people on here who have over a thousand posts, yet they don't seem at all familiar.

For instance, I can't remember exactly when you, or Digitalboy or Pollyanna or even Iggy first started posting here. On the other hand, I can remember when Onslaught first started posting.

Another random note: Whitesword does not post often anymore, but even when he does he doesn't say "spoony bard" anymore. A sign of maturity, or the signs that Whitesword is no fun anymore?

Er.....

Digitalboy
612th Post

"Re(4):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Sun 5 Jul 01:37post reply

I first started posting when there was the fun yet over done "Say something about the previous poster". It was spearheaded by Zam? It was a hot day in Sicily. I was working in administrations at the time. Shortly after I started posting SNKShingo started to post as well. And then there was the whole Abster petitioning blood for Samurai Spirits and I finally got my zinger in on Celebrityfest. Ah...nostalgia.
quote:
For instance, I can't remember exactly when you, or Digitalboy or Pollyanna or even Iggy first started posting here.

I don't know how to live

whitesword
1646th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Sun 5 Jul 12:37post reply

quote:

Another random note: Whitesword does not post often anymore, but even when he does he doesn't say "spoony bard" anymore. A sign of maturity, or the signs that Whitesword is no fun anymore?

I've leveled up from "spoony bard" to the OMNI-EMOTICON a.k.a <:X

It is useful, because I can use it in any situation or when I'm too lazy to think of an actual response <:X

Also, your random thread sucks because it doesn't have random news, just sayin' <:X

Ishmael
3516th Post

"Re(5):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 04:06post reply

quote:
Also, your random thread sucks because it doesn't have random news, just sayin' <:X

Quite right, so here's the teaser page for Basara 3.

Also, the one sporting event that unites the world was held on the 4th.

Iron D
3206th Post

"Re(6):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 05:11post reply

quote:

Quite right, so here's the teaser page for Basara 3.

Also, the one sporting event that unites the world was held on the 4th.

Hey! I didn't call this the random NEWS thread...just random. That said, the news tidbits provided by Ishmael are still appreciated.

I've always wondered: how does one train for these world-class eating contests?

Er.....

Digitalboy
614th Post

"Re(7):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 10:05post reply

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▓▓█░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▓▓▒▒▓▓█
░░░░░██░░░░█░░░░░▒▒▓████
░░░░████░░█▒░░░░░░▒▒▒█████
░░░█████▓░█░█░░█░░▒▒▒█████
░▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░▒▒▒████
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒████
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███
░▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████
░░░█░░░▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░██
░░░░░▓▓▓██▓▒▒▒▒▒█░░███
░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██░░███
░░░░░░░░█▓▓▒▓▒███░░███
░░░█▓▓░░░█▒▒▒████░████
░░░█▓▓▓░█████████░█████
░░░░▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓▓███░█████
░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░█████
░░█░█▓▓░█▓▓▓░░░█░░█████
░█░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░█░░████
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░███

Dear kofoguz,

I do not hate you.

love,
Digit

I don't know how to live

nobinobita
549th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 11:30post reply

quote:

If we take Juris Shibayama as an example, then it's quite a clear cut path.

First you must enroll in medical school while also competing as a body builder with a max bench press of 500lbs. Afterwards you must become a men's health and fitness model while practicing medicine. Only after cultivating your body and mind can you attain the ultimate knowledge of the human physique required to be a competitive eater.

http://nashville.medicalnewsinc.com/news.php?viewStory=1693

Ikari Loona
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 18:40post reply

quote:

My father works at a pharmacy, and he pointed out that they were about to have the medications for that returned when the media panic suddenly exploded, creating demand for them again. Make of it what you will.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iron D
3207th Post

"Re(8):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Mon 6 Jul 20:22post reply

quote:

If we take Juris Shibayama as an example, then it's quite a clear cut path.

First you must enroll in medical school while also competing as a body builder with a max bench press of 500lbs. Afterwards you must become a men's health and fitness model while practicing medicine. Only after cultivating your body and mind can you attain the ultimate knowledge of the human physique required to be a competitive eater.

http://nashville.medicalnewsinc.com/news.php?viewStory=1693

My dreams of competitive eating are dead before they even began!

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3827th Post

"I AM KRATOOOOOOSSSSS!" , posted Tue 7 Jul 13:58post reply

God of War

Dragon Ball Evolution II

Pollyanna
2707th Post

"Re(4):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Tue 7 Jul 19:58post reply

quote:

Hey, thanks Karasu. I may have been here for a while, but I go into patterns where I alternate between lurking for a few months and then posting semi-regularly. So sometimes I'll come back here and notice people on here who have over a thousand posts, yet they don't seem at all familiar.

For instance, I can't remember exactly when you, or Digitalboy or Pollyanna or even Iggy first started posting here. On the other hand, I can remember when Onslaught first started posting.

I don't remember when I first started posting either, though my profile indicates that I registered about a month before you. Jeez, it's really been a long time!

I'm in and out a lot as well, so my memory is spotty. If someone changes their avatar, I may forget who they are. Speaking of which, you may win the award for longest time spent with a single avatar. Maou might be in the running, too?

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Iron D
3209th Post

"Re(5):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Wed 8 Jul 03:09:post reply

quote:
I don't remember when I first started posting either, though my profile indicates that I registered about a month before you. Jeez, it's really been a long time!

Holy crap! I seriously don't remember seeing any of your posts until something like a couple of years ago. Did you just go a really long time without posting anything? If that's not the case, then my memory has gotten so bad that I'm now seriously concerned.

quote:
I'm in and out a lot as well, so my memory is spotty. If someone changes their avatar, I may forget who they are. Speaking of which, you may win the award for longest time spent with a single avatar. Maou might be in the running, too?

Maybe. I do love Dudley and all, but having this avatar is more a sign of my own laziness in trying to obtain a custom avatar. Same for my sig.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Wed 8 Jul 08:37]

karasu99
166th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Wed 8 Jul 03:24post reply

quote:

I'm pretty new as an actual poster (maybe 6 months or a year?) but I was a lurker for quite a long time before that, maybe from 2003 or so? So even though I didn't post, I feel pretty familiar with many of the individuals here.

On an even further back note, was anyone here part of the old mid-90's Neo Geo Mailing List? I was there as simply 'karasu', if anyone is even the slightest bit interested.

Maou
1701th Post

"Re(5):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Wed 8 Jul 13:32post reply

quote:

Yeah, it changes now and again but it's always been some variation of Ghaleon, though it's briefly been Zophar, also from Lunar. I don't know what I'd do without Dudley around. I also remember reading the board for a long time before officially appearing around 2003 or so? I think posting came in waves, though....

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ikari Loona
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Wed 8 Jul 17:13post reply

quote:

On an even further back note, was anyone here part of the old mid-90's Neo Geo Mailing List? I was there as simply 'karasu', if anyone is even the slightest bit interested.

I was in that one for a few days - it involved way too many e-mails a day for me to handle reasonably, considering I only had e-mail access at college back then, not to mention I never had an actual NeoGeo despite being a fan of the system. I pretty much stuck to the KoF mailling list which was handled by the same server IIRC.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iron D
3209th Post

"Re(6):MODNAR AL AZAR!" , posted Thu 9 Jul 18:39post reply

quote:

I was in that one for a few days - it involved way too many e-mails a day for me to handle reasonably, considering I only had e-mail access at college back then, not to mention I never had an actual NeoGeo despite being a fan of the system. I pretty much stuck to the KoF mailling list which was handled by the same server IIRC.

Wasn't Rugal part of that mailing list group (by whom I mean the poster currently going by the name Red Falcon since there was another poster who went by the name Rugal way back in the day).

Er.....

Maou
1706th Post

"Secret of Rugal" , posted Thu 9 Jul 23:23post reply

quote:

Wasn't Rugal part of that mailing list group (by whom I mean the poster currently going by the name Red Falcon since there was another poster who went by the name Rugal way back in the day).

Holy cow, Iron D, there was a Rugal MK.I in addition to our much-beloved Rugal MK.II? I don't remember the proto-Rugal...at all!

Mako
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 03:10post reply

So... nostalgia thread?

Let's see, I was a lurker until for a now forgotten reason I was able to bypass the tough register system that the Professor implemented that didn't like web emails (namely Hotmail). I had to set up an account on the probably now extinct Excite.

I remember weekly attention to who had the coolest signature picture, my horrible attempts at trying to create something remotely nice in Photoshop and admiring those members who changed them quite frequently.

I also remember lengthy discussions about the state of the KOF franchise, and how little and ignorant I felt because I used to brag around my friends about KOF lore but in here everybody had an Encyclopaedic knowledge of KOF, FF, SF and almost any game imaginable so I could participate very little and never had the nerve to pull a MESSATSU

Speaking of which, how I hated that, specially on ADSL!

Later, I became less shy and even posted and received help on topics that weren't related to videogames at all.

I also remember the period when the Professor took a medical leave and how questionable content was posted and flame wars erupted... in the quiet mood of this little corner of the internet (So different from others boards!) I think it was around this time that the cafe lost TalibanEric.

Then I finished my studies and began working. I visited the place less and less, but I remember some "Spanish only" threads, the lust for blood in SamSho by a fanatic member and Iggy adopting a new persona for some time.

Now in the last couple of days, for unknown reasons I've posted and participated more than in the past couple of years! Well, I never deleted the cafe address from my bookmarks although I admit that I don't play videogames as often as I used to. I even gave away my hard-earned Fatty PS2 to a relative. Most of my friends were shocked when I did that.

Now there are no arcades in the city, having been replaced by slot machines. I see young and old people wasting money on them and I ask myself what fun do they find on that?

Maybe I became old of a sudden.

Descarta

Iron D
3210th Post

"Re(1):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 03:23post reply

quote:

Holy cow, Iron D, there was a Rugal MK.I in addition to our much-beloved Rugal MK.II? I don't remember the proto-Rugal...at all!

Yeah, that guy was an asshole though. Unlike our current Red Falcon, this guy was just a trouble makeer. Try posting anything positive about Capcom or negative about SNK, and you could bet this guy would be flaming you within an hour. There were a couple of guys like that actually, but I can't remember the other guys' names at the moment.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3828th Post

"Re(2):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 03:31post reply

quote:

Yeah, that guy was an asshole though. Unlike our current Red Falcon, this guy was just a trouble makeer. Try posting anything positive about Capcom or negative about SNK, and you could bet this guy would be flaming you within an hour. There were a couple of guys like that actually, but I can't remember the other guys' names at the moment.

Wasn't that Roger? he had a Rugal avatar

Tai-Pan
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 03:44post reply

quote:

Then I finished my studies and began working. I visited the place less and less, but I remember some "Spanish only" threads, the lust for blood in SamSho by a fanatic member and Iggy adopting a new persona for some time.

I remember that as it happened yesterday...

quote:

We all did...

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Digitalboy
615th Post

"Re(3):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 03:47post reply

This thread shows how much the Mad Man Cafe has history. We should have our own Wikipedia page chronicling our misadventures. Just saying...

quote:

I don't know how to live

HAYATO
919th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 08:09post reply

quote:
So... nostalgia thread?

Let's see, I was a lurker until for a now forgotten reason I was able to bypass the tough register system that the Professor implemented that didn't like web emails (namely Hotmail). I had to set up an account on the probably now extinct Excite.

I remember weekly attention to who had the coolest signature picture, my horrible attempts at trying to create something remotely nice in Photoshop and admiring those members who changed them quite frequently.

I also remember lengthy discussions about the state of the KOF franchise, and how little and ignorant I felt because I used to brag around my friends about KOF lore but in here everybody had an Encyclopaedic knowledge of KOF, FF, SF and almost any game imaginable so I could participate very little and never had the nerve to pull a MESSATSU

Speaking of which, how I hated that, specially on ADSL!

Later, I became less shy and even posted and received help on topics that weren't related to videogames at all.

I also remember the period when the Professor took a medical leave and how questionable content was posted and flame wars erupted... in the quiet mood of this little corner of the internet (So different from others boards!) I think it was around this time that the cafe lost TalibanEric.

Oh, that's right!! Professor was MIA for a long, long time. But, did he leave the forum just once? I think he was absent for even a longer period of time prior to the events you are talking about... Pay me no heed, for I can be delusional: it's been so long since I became a regular here (even longer if you count my lurking years) that I can no longer rely on my sole memories to exact a chronology of events...

quote:

Yeah, those were great times, with Catalyst (he was the one with the blood issue on Shamsho, wasn't he?) and a deranged Guillaume runing amok in the forum...

Oh, and those glorious "Solo espanglish" threads! I think we should create one of those again, just for laughs...

quote:

Now in the last couple of days, for unknown reasons I've posted and participated more than in the past couple of years! Well, I never deleted the cafe address from my bookmarks although I admit that I don't play videogames as often as I used to.

Well, that's exactly my case: Leaving aside my daily PSP dose (I spend about 20 minutes by train on my way home), I hardly touch a videogame. In fact, I've realized that, to me, speaking about old videogames and the history of those companies which gave birth to them is far more enjoyable than playing most of the newest ones!!!

But don't worry, we aren't getting old, we are maturing!!!

kofoguz
723th Post

"Re(2):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 08:23post reply

quote:
Yeah, those were great times, with Catalyst (he was the one with the blood issue on Shamsho, wasn't he?) and a deranged Guillaume runing amok in the forum...

It was Abster he was all over the fighting game sites about that Blood for Tenka petition. I wouldnt be surprised if he would do a suicide show on a bridge to appear on tv to help his petition.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

ONSLAUGHT
3829th Post

"Re(3):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 08:52post reply

quote:
It was Abster he was all over the fighting game sites about that Blood for Tenka petition. I wouldnt be surprised if he would do a suicide show on a bridge to appear on tv to help his petition.

So, who sill be the one that creates the Wiki?

Digitalboy
616th Post

"Re(4):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 10:54post reply

This shows that some of the people do not pay any attention to my posts. I know that I do not type anything useful but still...butt hurt.
quote:
Holy cow, someone read my post!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Semi-butt hurt.

End of Spoiler

quote:
So, who sill be the one that creates the Wiki?
I think it should be a collaboration of all of the users' account of the events here. Professor should be the one that consolidates the information and picks the entries that he feels is significant.

We should have a user's profile of sorts especially for those that is a platinum red carpet member. A brief listing of those that are MIA and banned.

***Tried to use Professor vision but it was uneffective.***

I don't know how to live

Maou
1707th Post

"Re(1):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 12:04post reply

quote:

Now in the last couple of days, for unknown reasons I've posted and participated more than in the past couple of years!

Now there are no arcades in the city, having been replaced by slot machines. I see young and old people wasting money on them and I ask myself what fun do they find on that?

Stick around, man! I agree about the slot machines, too, ick. Now if they were PINBALL, that would be another story. There is a good game with mechanical parts... I'd say the kids putzing their lives away on a crappy game like slots are the ones who are prematurely old, not you!

Neat reminisces. I looked at my profile and I apparently showed up in summer of 2002, but I distinctly remember reading the Cafe far more religiously during the 2001-2002 school year than I ever had before (I used to go to MMCafe for the news updates back then!) which makes me wonder if I didn't show up earlier somehow. Hmm! I remember reading and laughing away in a random storage room with the computer. I would have a free class period each day to do this because of English class in my high school in Japan, which I didn't need, so I'd study and occasionally read the Cafe. What a strange little room it was in which to become a devoted reader!

ONSLAUGHT
3830th Post

"Re(2):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 14:32post reply

quote:

What a strange little room it was in which to become a devoted reader!

I was a big lurker before registering. I registered in 2002 I believe, when CvS2 was about to be released ("2D will never die!", I'm still waiting Capcom...).
I even remember when Pointystick said something about my super broken english.
The funny thing is, that even before I registered, I was annoyed by eric, I couldn't understand how tolerating people was around here! He wasn't even the kind of moron that at least is funny, he was just a plain idiot concerned about his postcount and furries.
In any case, I've met a lot of wonderful people here, I even met Adon! We had a great time, and I just wish I could meet more people from here.

Digitalboy
617th Post

"Re(3):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 16:43post reply

I remember you posting the pictures and this was before before I even registered. The Cafe has changed so much within the last TWO years. I feel that we need more wackiness and the Elections for Mad Man Cafe's Biggest Asshole. As far as I know it only happened once. I forgotten who won that time.
quote:
In any case, I've met a lot of wonderful people here, I even met Adon! We had a great time, and I just wish I could meet more people from here.

I don't know how to live

Iron D
3211th Post

"Re(3):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 18:45post reply

quote:

Ugh. You're right. Yet another example of my horrible memory. But he wasn't the only one that pulled that crap. Do you remember the names of the other guys who were pulling that shit? I remember one guy even started insulting some poster's mother over his comments about some SNK game.

I've actually wondered if the Onslaught that first registered here is the same as the one we currently have. The one that first posted here was a generally happier kid with acceptable (but far from perfect) english and an Onslaught avatar. The one we have now is a bitter, mean drunk with english that's good enough that you would never know it was his second language and who hates everyone and has an avatar of a cat that has apparently suffered a stroke.

Yes, that last sentence had really poor structure.

As for Eric, I remember liking him at first (Talbain is my favorite Darkstalker, too) but yeah....he did eventually get on my nerves,too. Especially when it was pointed out that the reason why he posted so much was because he had such a hard-on for high post counts. I don't know how I didn't realize that before, but then I would see that a lot of what he would post would be pointless bullshit and then it all made sense.

Er.....

kofoguz
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 21:09post reply

quote:
I remember you posting the pictures and this was before before I even registered. The Cafe has changed so much within the last TWO years. I feel that we need more wackiness and the Elections for Mad Man Cafe's Biggest Asshole. As far as I know it only happened once. I forgotten who won that time.In any case, I've met a lot of wonderful people here, I even met Adon! We had a great time, and I just wish I could meet more people from here.

Its either Iggy or Onslaught. After all this year I still have crappy English (See my first reply to current Blazblue thread and consider I was searching for an info confirms Johnny is a secret character, then you'll know).

Also my stalker issue, I guess I scared Polly a "bit". But I couldnt help it, s/he/it posts mostly I agree %100. The only thing I saw in her/his/its post that I disagree "the dislike of Fatal Fury theme on 02UM", which is in my top five. Other than that Polly is like "the favourite critic whose advice is seriously considered before going to a movie" type of poster for me. Sorry Polly.

As for Iggy, Onslaught and other favourite assholes, I have a tend to crush on assholes.

Also I really like the wikia idea. I really would like to know what happened before my lurking times.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

Pollyanna
2713th Post

"Re(5):Reminiscences" , posted Fri 10 Jul 22:05post reply

I'm glad Eric is gone, too. I mean, I just ignored him, because it's not like he was doing anything wrong, I just didn't like him. Still, he really got on my nerves with his "I'm leaving! Nobody wants me here! No really! I'm really leaving! Really!" garbage. If you're gonna leave, just fucking leave.

quote:

The only thing I saw in her/his/its post that I disagree "the dislike of Fatal Fury theme on 02UM", which is in my top five.

But it's just not FIGHTING music! It's like "getting drunk on a lazy Sunday afternoon" music. Which is fine for getting drunk on a lazy Sunday afternoon, but terrible for kicking someone's ass!

Also...I've had creepy internet admirers before, and you're not one of them, I assure you.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

ONSLAUGHT
3831th Post

"Re(4):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 22:28post reply

quote:
Do you remember the names of the other guys who were pulling that shit? I remember one guy even started insulting some poster's mother over his comments about some SNK game.

Mmmhh, Makatiel perhaps?

quote:
I've actually wondered if the Onslaught that first registered here is the same as the one we currently have. The one that first posted here was a generally happier kid with acceptable (but far from perfect) english and an Onslaught avatar. The one we have now is a bitter, mean drunk with english that's good enough that you would never know it was his second language and who hates everyone and has an avatar of a cat that has apparently suffered a stroke.

haha, make no mistake, I'm the very same, I was very naïve stupid back then, but then I matured turned into an asshole.

Maou
1709th Post

"Re(5):Secret of Rugal" , posted Fri 10 Jul 23:43:post reply

quote:

haha, make no mistake, I'm the very same, I was very naïve stupid back then, but then I matured turned into an asshole.

And let's not forget, kids, that it was ONSY and not the close contender Iggy who won that proud award of MMCafe's Biggest Asshole. A lot of us wanted that award!

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 10 Jul 23:43]

catalyst
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Random input" , posted Fri 10 Jul 23:58:post reply

I feel kind of bad I don't socialize here as much. I honestly just don't have much to say, time, nor valuable information to input just opinions. That and I am just hurrying up to get through college.

Either way Hello everyone!

I really need to get on my ps3 psn and join everyone online in some games, I just recently got mine back after the blue ray drive went kapoot and had to send it in for warranty repair.

This song is so true

[this message was edited by catalyst on Sat 11 Jul 00:00]

Iron D
3212th Post

"MMCafe made me cry" , posted Sat 11 Jul 01:36post reply

quote:

I really need to get on my ps3 psn and join everyone online in some games, I just recently got mine back after the blue ray drive went kapoot and had to send it in for warranty repair.

If you play SSF2HDR or Soul Calibur IV online look me up: username is IronDD.

Anyways, my number one favorite memory of this place was way back in 2002.

My mother had died and I was in a real funk from it. One of my best friends (who used to post here as Dominus) actually came here and created a thread informing everyone here of what had happened. I went to his place and he showed me the thread on his computer.

There was the thread he had created. By the time he showed it to me, the thread had a TON of replies and it was all Cafe members giving their sincere condolences. Reply after reply of MMCafe members giving words of support and sympathy. After looking at the thread for about a minute, I broke down and cried.

To this day, this is the single nicest thing anyone online had done for me, and is without a doubt the main reason why this place is so special to me and why I don't think I'll ever completely leave.

Er.....

Professor
2557th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Reminiscences" , posted Sat 11 Jul 01:59:post reply

LOL, wiki entry is going overboard; not even Tang's MagicBox or Brandon's IC has an entry, which is kind of surprizing actually.

Though one of the things I always wanted to do was to make a page with a collection of BBS quotes. Some of the entries here are too epic and they need to be passed on to our grandchildren's children. No time to dig back and search for them however anyone care to pick a few?

quote:
I remember you posting the pictures and this was before before I even registered. The Cafe has changed so much within the last TWO years. I feel that we need more wackiness and the Elections for Mad Man Cafe's Biggest Asshole. As far as I know it only happened once. I forgotten who won that time.In any case, I've met a lot of wonderful people here, I even met Adon! We had a great time, and I just wish I could meet more people from here.

We need more action. Maybe we should move the BBS to the front page......

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 11 Jul 02:16]

Professor
2557th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):MMCafe made me cry" , posted Sat 11 Jul 02:10:post reply

quote:

My mother had died and I was in a real funk from it. One of my best friends (who used to post here as Dominus) actually came here and created a thread informing everyone here of what had happened. I went to his place and he showed me the thread on his computer.

There was the thread he had created. By the time he showed it to me, the thread had a TON of replies and it was all Cafe members giving their sincere condolences. Reply after reply of MMCafe members giving words of support and sympathy. After looking at the thread for about a minute, I broke down and cried.

To this day, this is the single nicest thing anyone online had done for me, and is without a doubt the main reason why this place is so special to me and why I don't think I'll ever completely leave.

It was quite a shock to hear that you've lost your mother. March 18, I remember it. It's like the hardest time you ever have when you lose a member of your family. Btw, how is Dominus doing?

[edit] And congrats on your BA!

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 11 Jul 02:29]

Iron D
3213th Post

"Re(2):MMCafe made me cry" , posted Sat 11 Jul 02:40post reply

quote:

It was quite a shock to hear that you've lost your mother. March 18, I remember it. It's like the hardest time you ever have when you lose a member of your family. Btw, how is Dominus doing?

[edit] And congrats on your BA!

Thanks a ton, Professor for both the congratulations and the condolences. That's actually pretty awesome that you remember the exact date! Wow!

As for Dominus, he's got a family now. Married with a son who just had his first birthday a couple of months ago. He's also the top guy at a library here in Southern California. So yeah, he's doing pretty well.

Er.....

Mosquiton
1745th Post

"Re(1):RANDOM" , posted Sat 11 Jul 04:36:post reply

Has anyone played with Mature yet in KOFXII?

I'm definitely a little miffed over losing more than half her moves (I also cry for Clark, seriously, what the hell?), but the two moves she has are pretty flexible/powerful... I think.

I'm not satisfied with the range/priority on either of her standing light normals.

Her basic combo ending with the CD attack and a despair in the air is pretty decent. I haven't personally found any awesome corner stuff, but I haven't actually had time to get hardcore into the game... and I'm not sure that I will.

Moving on the recovery on her Death Row (claw) is obviously very quick although you can't repeat it, so I'm trying to figure out the most effective way of mixing things afterwards. I can sometimes flip over and get a cross-up with her new Despair, which I'm working on managing the distance for. She doesn't seem to have an instant overhead, which blows and they took out her two-hit jump kick, but I guess hopping afterwards isn't the worst option.

Heaven's Gate remains awesome as ever at least. If I could get one move back I'd want a new and improved Deicide (there's no Vice anyway) which has both decent speed and the ability to nail them with the super after the light version, 98' UM style.

I dig the game, but the sad thing is I'd probably pay money for a "new moves pack" or "taunt and extra winpose pack".

I guess this isn't really a random post and belongs in a KOFXII thread. But really I post so infrequently and I've already typed it all out I can probably get away with it...

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Sat 11 Jul 04:41]

HAYATO
921th Post

"MODNAR" , posted Sat 11 Jul 06:01post reply

quote:

I guess this isn't really a random post and belongs in a KOFXII thread. But really I post so infrequently and I've already typed it all out I can probably get away with it...

Oh no, you won't!! The sense of guilt for derailing the current topic on this RANDOM thread will haunt you forever!!!

Spoon
1789th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):RANDOM" , posted Sat 11 Jul 08:25post reply

quote:

I dig the game, but the sad thing is I'd probably pay money for a "new moves pack" or "taunt and extra winpose pack".

Don't worry, you'll get your chance fast enough with KOFXIII.

Spoon
1790th Post

"Mokujin would be proud" , posted Sat 11 Jul 09:06post reply

Some crazy people have done some resource relinking in SF4 and well... see for yourself:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA0NTM2MzQ4.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA0NTM3NDMy.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA0NTM3MDQ4.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqtvmEAFVk

Iggy
8940th Post

"Re(4):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sat 11 Jul 22:15post reply

quote:
I even remember when Pointystick said something about my super broken english.

I think the Café helped us all (foreigners) to have a better english. That was much more effective than any classes.

quote:
As for Eric, I remember liking him at first (Talbain is my favorite Darkstalker, too) but yeah....he did eventually get on my nerves,too.
I don't remember anything bad about him... He wasn't the brightest of the lot, but his annoyance level was rather low... I find you really harsh with him. Or maybe it's Alzheimer's.
My best memories of him was that he brought out the worst possible side of Onsy, and THAT was really entertaining.
He's the one who won the asshole contest, by the way.

quote:
I have a tend to crush on assholes.
that's an interesting sentence.

Catalyst
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):MMCafe made me cry" , posted Sun 12 Jul 01:22post reply

quote:

If you play SSF2HDR or Soul Calibur IV online look me up: username is IronDD.

Definitely, my username on the PSN network is blitzrush85. If I get around to getting those I'll be sure to play. Soul Calibur 4 online was interesting online getting patched to fight a preteen but interesting nevertheless.

Amakusa
803th Post

"Re(1):Random input" , posted Sun 12 Jul 01:53post reply

quote:
I feel kind of bad I don't socialize here as much. I honestly just don't have much to say, time, nor valuable information to input just opinions. That and I am just hurrying up to get through college.

I don't. I don't have anything valuable to say.

And to top that, I remembered people by their avatars and not their screen names. I do remember the guy with the J. Talbain avatar but I wouldn't have put a name to that.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Maou
1709th Post

"Professor's idea" , posted Sun 12 Jul 02:38post reply

quote:
Though one of the things I always wanted to do was to make a page with a collection of BBS quotes. Some of the entries here are too epic and they need to be passed on to our grandchildren's children. No time to dig back and search for them however anyone care to pick a few?
Professor, I think that's a great idea...I was just rummaging through the 8th page of threads and laughing hysterically at some of them. Some may work better as 'concept threads' than quotations (like the Thread of Useless Advice in response to a request for ideas for "dope PS2 games"), but if we had a location to dump quotes into, it could be fun.

Speaking of, might it be possible to integrate a Search function into the simple-but-elegant BBS? Posterity also weeps for the pre-2006 threads that have been pushed beyond the archive-less pale of page 8...

NeoRyu
1134th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Random input" , posted Sun 12 Jul 04:44:post reply

Though I mainly lurk the bbs now because I never have anything to say or I'm lazy to do so.

I've been a member here since Dec 2000. I can't believe it has almost been 9 years. Time sure does fly by. I can't remember if lurked here before 2000 or not. When did the bbs first go up?

[this message was edited by NeoRyu on Sun 12 Jul 05:23]

kofoguz
727th Post

"Re(5):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sun 12 Jul 05:39post reply

quote:
I have a tend to crush on assholes.that's an interesting sentence.

Then we have a first candidate for memorable lines?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Shameless self-advertising

End of Spoiler

quote:

Professor, I think that's a great idea...I was just rummaging through the 8th page of threads and laughing hysterically at some of them.

Yeah I went to the 8th page. I saw my first random thread also Odin Sphere thread. The thing is I just started the game cant believe its almost 2 years old.I got the game around the time of that thread. I have a really bad habit to delay things.

[sigtag][/sigtag]

nobinobita
554th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Random input" , posted Sun 12 Jul 05:58post reply

quote:
Though I mainly lurk the bbs now because I never have anything to say or I'm lazy to do so.

I've been a member here since Dec 2000. I can't believe it has almost been 9 years. Time sure does fly by. I can't remember if lurked here before 2000 or not. When did the bbs first go up?

My memory is hazy, but I swear I've been lurking here since the 90s. The URL for this BBS is locked into my muscle memory every time I log onto the internet. Part of the reason it's so dear to me is cos it's been around for about as long as I've ever had my own computer. Also, it's a hold over from the pre-broadband, pre-web 2.0 days when games felt really fan driven. Back when RPGamer and The GIA seemed really cutting edge with their news breaks on Final Fantasy 8! I used to come here all the time for breaking news on the latest 2d fighters, back when Capcom Vs SNK felt like a clash of Titans rather than extremely niche fan service.

I eventually learned that the BBS was where it was at. It was populated by very quirky people who were always posting interesting news with colorful commentary. And everyone was polite. And when they weren't it wasn't annoying, it was funny as hell.

It felt like some secret garden of elite, (mostly)sensible erudite nerds/fans/geeks/otaku from all over the globe.

I think I eventually worked up the courage to start posting during a heated debate regarding whether or not Amano should be considered an "artist", which turned into an enlightening look into the idea of the artist among different cultures, which touched on things like how the concept of "zero" and true nothingness may have originated with Buddhism and slowly spread into the west.

I don't mean to turn this into the mutual appreciation society, but I do think this is a pretty special little community. Thanks for the years of entertainment!

NeoRyu
1134th Post

"Re(4):Random input" , posted Sun 12 Jul 06:15post reply

quote:

My memory is hazy, but I swear I've been lurking here since the 90s. The URL for this BBS is locked into my muscle memory every time I log onto the internet. Part of the reason it's so dear to me is cos it's been around for about as long as I've ever had my own computer. Also, it's a hold over from the pre-broadband, pre-web 2.0 days when games felt really fan driven. Back when RPGamer and The GIA seemed really cutting edge with their news breaks on Final Fantasy 8! I used to come here all the time for breaking news on the latest 2d fighters, back when Capcom Vs SNK felt like a clash of Titans rather than extremely niche fan service.

Yeah I remember when I first found the site, it was my 2d fighter go to news site. Ever since then its been my homepage then I made the bbs my home page in 2000 and it still is it now.

Juan
4515th Post

"Re(5):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sun 12 Jul 09:03post reply

quote:
Eric

I've seen Eric around in a couple of places. He improved his art a lot too! His subject matter is questionable, tho.

But it could be worse. At least he didn't have a signature that led to furry porn. Like that raccoon/baseball bat guy.

Digitalboy
618th Post

"Re(6):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sun 12 Jul 09:57post reply

Is this the same picture that Onslaught posted the link to? I remember linking to that picture at work, we do not have cubicles and I think someone in the office saw that picture on my monitor.
quote:
Like that raccoon/baseball bat guy.

I don't know how to live

Variable Savior
468th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sun 12 Jul 10:04post reply

Wow - I forgot about TalibanEric. He's one of the only people I remember being here when I joined (hmm... I think Just a Person was around too).

Wait - did chi used to post here regularly or was that a one time thing?

Blood marks heaven's path

Maese
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Secret of Rugal" , posted Sun 12 Jul 14:09post reply

quote:

I think the Café helped us all (foreigners) to have a better english. That was much more effective than any classes.

Not that my English has gotten any good actually, but I wholeheartedly agree with Iggy in this one.

Other than that, I've been lurking this site (at first) and the BBS (later on) since I began surfing the net on late 90s, and finally decided to join basically for similar reasons as Nobitanobi's. Almost 10 years later things have changed around here, but this is still the only website, forum or otherwise, I continue visiting almost daily. You guys sure know how to make an interesting, unique community.

Anyway, nostalgia stuff aside, since this is a random thread, let's throw in some random stuff. Aand you can't possibly be much more random than this: Phoenix Wright Takarazuka musical part 2 on the works, to be on stage late summer. It's not even recent news, it was announced on the last performances of the first show, but still worth commenting I guess

Cringe-inducing as it might seem, the first play was actually a damned good adaptation, if you can forgive certain (somewhat expectable) artistic licenses. Those interested can have a look at some excerpts on youtube, and if your kung fu is good enough you can even find the whole thing in some chinese streaming sites. Of course you can always go the legal way as well and purchase the DVD, which is actually not so expensive for your average takarazuka stuff. As for this second part goes, I suspect the tickets will again sold out in about 30 minutes, so I won't even bother with it and just wait until the DVD version hits the shelves.

nobinobita
555th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Secret of Rugal" , posted Mon 13 Jul 06:07post reply

quote:

Not that my English has gotten any good actually, but I wholeheartedly agree with Iggy in this one.

OBJECTION

Your english is great. I forgot you weren't a native speaker.

Iron D
3214th Post

"Re(6):Secret of Rugal" , posted Mon 13 Jul 19:53post reply

quote:
Eric

I've seen Eric around in a couple of places. He improved his art a lot too! His subject matter is questionable, tho.

But it could be worse. At least he didn't have a signature that led to furry porn. Like that raccoon/baseball bat guy.

Now when you say "seen Eric around" do you mean you've seen him in person or you've seen him on different websites?

Also, I'd like to know what makes his art so "questionable".

Er.....

NARUTO
3710th Post

"Re(7):Secret of Rugal" , posted Mon 13 Jul 21:04post reply

As missing member I did remeber of The beast and Puar... Puar which is surpisingly still active it seems since he's web site about KOF and Darkstalker are still alive.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Professor
2560th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Professor's idea" , posted Mon 13 Jul 22:35:post reply

quote:
Speaking of, might it be possible to integrate a Search function into the simple-but-elegant BBS? Posterity also weeps for the pre-2006 threads that have been pushed beyond the archive-less pale of page 8...

I can make a link to the older pages, no problem. Search-engine wise, it'd probably be better to add a google search on the BBS, which I'll do later on has now been done on the BBS menu's right side.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 14 Jul 00:56]

Maou
1712th Post

"Thanks, Professor!" , posted Tue 14 Jul 01:08:post reply

quote:

I can make a link to the older pages, no problem. Search-engine wise, it'd probably be better to add a google search on the BBS, which I'll do later on has now been done on the BBS menu's right side.

Thanks so much, Professor! It's dangerous great to see the incriminating evidence older threads I thought were lost.

Edit: The first archive-based fruit of the Professor's labors: 遂に蘇る大恐怖!!SNK SHINGO2545311戦記!

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 14 Jul 02:54]

ONSLAUGHT
3833th Post

"Re(7):Secret of Rugal" , posted Tue 14 Jul 01:50post reply

quote:

Furries

Toxico
4757th Post

"Re(8):Secret of Rugal" , posted Tue 14 Jul 01:57post reply

quote:
As missing member I did remeber
Puar... Puar which is surpisingly still active it seems since he's web site about KOF and Darkstalker are still alive.

He is head honcho of the main Hajime no Ippo translation project here You can also read jojo online at his site. He also seems to be busy with work and life in general

目に焼きつけて、死ぬがいい・・・
Last updated : 08/05/09 (99 personajes)

Ishmael
3518th Post

"Re(2):Reminiscences" , posted Tue 14 Jul 03:08post reply

Now that I think about it, didn't Eric join the merchant marines or become a cabin boy or something like that? If you want to see him nowadays I would assume you have to be in the right port of call.

quote:
Now in the last couple of days, for unknown reasons I've posted and participated more than in the past couple of years! Well, I never deleted the cafe address from my bookmarks although I admit that I don't play videogames as often as I used to.

Well, that's exactly my case: Leaving aside my daily PSP dose (I spend about 20 minutes by train on my way home), I hardly touch a videogame. In fact, I've realized that, to me, speaking about old videogames and the history of those companies which gave birth to them is far more enjoyable than playing most of the newest ones!!!

I'm just thinking out loud here, but I always find it interesting to see how videogames continue to be viewed as a pastime of the young even in places like videogame forums. Perhaps I'm in the minority but I always thought of games as simply another entertainment choice instead of something that was linked directly to my childhood. Is it the level of interactivity needed for games that make them one of the first candidates to be dropped when time constraints start getting the best of someone? Perhaps, since I don't hear people saying they don't have time to be a fan of the local sports franchise or some other equally passive hobby.

Iron D
3215th Post

"Re(1):Thanks, Professor!" , posted Tue 14 Jul 05:53post reply

quote:

Edit: The first archive-based fruit of the Professor's labors: 遂に蘇る大恐怖!!SNK SHINGO2545311戦記!

Ah! The memories! That was a funny ass thread, with the battling Shingos. However, even though it was my post, I have no idea what I meant when I mentioned the "the original red cap" being back. What the hell was I talking about?

quote:
Furries

Oh shit! He's actually into furries? I thought the furry jokes were just because of his love for Talbain. I didn't know he was really into that.

Er.....

HAYATO
922th Post

"Re(3):Reminiscences" , posted Tue 14 Jul 08:10post reply

quote:
Now that I think about it, didn't Eric join the merchant marines or become a cabin boy or something like that? If you want to see him nowadays I would assume you have to be in the right port of call.

The last thing I read about him was that he had got a job as child pshycologist aboard a Disney cruise, about a year ago or so. Poor, poor children...

-Timmy (random child patient): Mommy brought me here to cheer me up after she divorced from dad, but now she only has eyes for the pool watcher and I feel so bad...

-TalbainEric: Oh, I see. Another typical case of child depression. But don't worry Timmy, I have the perfect solution to your problems...

*unstrapping his belt* It's Goofy time!!!!

-Timmy: No doctor, no!!!

And remember: when surrounded by water for hundreds of miles, there's nowhere to hide...

quote:

I'm just thinking out loud here, but I always find it interesting to see how videogames continue to be viewed as a pastime of the young even in places like videogame forums. Perhaps I'm in the minority but I always thought of games as simply another entertainment choice instead of something that was linked directly to my childhood. Is it the level of interactivity needed for games that make them one of the first candidates to be dropped when time constraints start getting the best of someone? Perhaps, since I don't hear people saying they don't have time to be a fan of the local sports franchise or some other equally passive hobby.

When I was young(er?), I was told by my parents (well, mainly my mother) about how videogames were a childhood entertainment and that, sooner or later, a day would come when I'd stop playing those stupid games of mine... I even remember how worried and ashamed (to some extent) these words used to leave me everytime I heard them, pondering whether I was a kind of freak with some sort of Peter Pan syndrome and they were trying to force me to change my habits for my own good...

Ironically, videogames have become so popular now that "games are for kids" isn't a valid argument anymore. Sorry mom, you may have been right in 1992, but things are quite different now (and no, I'm not going to buy you a Wii for dad's birthday)!!

Mako
370th Post

Silver Customer

"In English" , posted Tue 14 Jul 08:26post reply

quote:

That's so true. Here's a little example that I've unearthed using the new search feature:

Don't wear an umbrella!

Descarta

Mozex
378th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 10:32post reply

quote:

Apocolyptica?

Be kind to goblins.

Iron D
3218th Post

"Re(2):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 13:26post reply

quote:

Apocolyptica?

BINGO. Just discovered them thanks to a friend. I actually think their original stuff is better than their Metallica covers, but their cover of "One" is...just goddamned epic!

Er.....

Mozex
379th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 14:18post reply

quote:

BINGO. Just discovered them thanks to a friend. I actually think their original stuff is better than their Metallica covers, but their cover of "One" is...just goddamned epic!

I'd have to agree based on what I've heard.

I will find it hard to listen to them without snickering now that I've seen some pictures of the band thanks to ye olde wikipedia.

Be kind to goblins.

Digitalboy
620th Post

"Re(4):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 14:30post reply

I have now decided to leave the state of California for the state of Hawai'i. Before I move there I have also decided to do a little traveling. Heading to Tennessee, Virginia, Philippines, and then Hawai'i. I wish I could stay in California. My best friend that I have known since we were 12 moved out here almost a decade ago is upset that I am leaving but understands. California was a good experience while it lasted; it was just too much of a short time though.

I don't know how to live

HAYATO
925th Post

"Re(4):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 14:45post reply

quote:

I'd have to agree based on what I've heard.

I will find it hard to listen to them without snickering now that I've seen some pictures of the band thanks to ye olde wikipedia.

Yeah, they seem quite ridiculous playing the cellos in these outfits of theirs...

Anyways, it seems I can't manage to tell which one is their mistake: playing cellos while pretending to be a heavy metal band or being a metal band pretending to play cellos... ¿Could anyone shed some light on the subject?

ktallguy
1112th Post

"Re(5):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 14:49:post reply

quote:
I have now decided to leave the state of California for the state of Hawai'i. Before I move there I have also decided to do a little traveling. Heading to Tennessee, Virginia, Philippines, and then Hawai'i. I wish I could stay in California. My best friend that I have known since we were 12 moved out here almost a decade ago is upset that I am leaving but understands. California was a good experience while it lasted; it was just too much of a short time though.

How long were you there?

I love California, especially San Francisco, although living expenses are too insane... but at least it's not as crowded as LA.

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by ktallguy on Tue 14 Jul 15:13]

Digitalboy
622th Post

"Re(6):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 15:27post reply

By the time I leave here it will be seven months.
quote:
How long were you there?

I love California, especially San Francisco, although living expenses are too insane... but at least it's not as crowded as LA.

I don't know how to live

KTallguy
1112th Post

"Re(7):RANDOM" , posted Tue 14 Jul 16:02post reply

7 months... far too short :)

I hope you enjoy your travels, I will find time for my own... someday!!

Mozex
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Extreme cello hardcore max for the future #!" , posted Tue 14 Jul 22:59post reply

quote:

Anyways, it seems I can't manage to tell which one is their mistake: playing cellos while pretending to be a heavy metal band or being a metal band pretending to play cellos... ¿Could anyone shed some light on the subject?

I think the mistake is purely in their wardrobe. They know how to play cellos. They know how to make good metal songs. They have no clue how ridiculous it looks to wear combat boots, leather pants, mascara, and go shirtless while playing a cello.

Be kind to goblins.

Iron D
3221th Post

"Re(1):Extreme cello hardcore max for the futu" , posted Wed 15 Jul 02:35post reply

quote:

I think the mistake is purely in their wardrobe. They know how to play cellos. They know how to make good metal songs. They have no clue how ridiculous it looks to wear combat boots, leather pants, mascara, and go shirtless while playing a cello.

Mozex beat me to the punch. He pretty much nailed the situation on the head.

To Digitalboy, are you moving because of the fact that its so damned expensive to live in California (especially the better known parts of Cali like L.A. and San Fran)?

Er.....

Ishmael
3524th Post

"Re(4):Reminiscences" , posted Wed 15 Jul 04:57:post reply

quote:

The last thing I read about him was that he had got a job as child pshycologist aboard a Disney cruise, about a year ago or so. Poor, poor children...

My apologies to Eric -wherever he is- but I found the idea of his current job to be far funnier than I should have.

In keeping with the random aspect of this thread: Last night I was playing X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's a silly, slapdash title that copies GoW right down to including the pointless balancing beams sections. But even with that I'm still enjoying the game for its wildly high levels of violence. At one point I managed to trigger a spectacular death in which Wolverine beheaded his opponent while the camera spun around in slow motion so I could every angle of the carnage. After that I shut off the game for the evening since I knew I would not see anything else as amazing as that decapitation.

During my coffee break today I was worked my way through a few pages of Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. The section I was reading was a poetic description of someone getting their head chopped off. Not only did I enjoy the lovely writing but I was also delighted to come across yet another beheading.

For reasons I don't understand my entertainment choices this week seem to feature people having their heads removed.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Wed 15 Jul 04:59]

nobinobita
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Reminiscences" , posted Wed 15 Jul 05:20post reply

quote:

For reasons I don't understand my entertainment choices this week seem to feature people having their heads removed.

You should watch Amon: Devilman Apacolypse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgH-X2YXrk

It's got my favorite "craddling the severed head of a loved one" scene in any movie.

Also, Blood Meridian is EXCELLENT. The imagery and prose in that book are so POWERFUL.

Have you seen The Proposition?

In all seriousness, if you enjoy Cormac McCarthy's work, particularly Blood Meridian, you will probably enjoy that movie. It's also excellent and stark and somehow imbues Ultra Violence with a sense of quiet suffocation.

I was happy to find out that the director of The Proposition is currently heading up a film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Damn I wish i could properly underline book titles here.

Digitalboy
623th Post

"Re(2):Extreme cello hardcore max for the futu" , posted Wed 15 Jul 05:42post reply

I think Hawai'i's cost of living and certain parts of California's cost of living is almost the same. I am relocating because of job opportunities. Ever since I got out of the hospital here, trying to find a good job is frustrating. I eventually became a janitor. Taking a major pay cut (losing nearly 2100 dollars a paycheck) and struggling to survive. While doing the janitorial duties I was determined to find another job. Not that being a janitor is degrading or anything along those lines. It was just something temporary. I applied for certain jobs with the will to travel and I received four offers recently. I took the Hawai'i job because it has been a while since I was in Hawai'i (2003). I have family and friends there too. On top of everything else I regain the pay I want (gaining more than 2100 back).

My point is that if you want the job and money you will have to travel there. It will not always come to you. Actually I am leaving California because I am butt hurt about being unable to attend Comic Con.
quote:
To Digitalboy, are you moving because of the fact that its so damned expensive to live in California (especially the better known parts of Cali like L.A. and San Fran)?

I don't know how to live

Digitalboy
624th Post

"Double post edition" , posted Wed 15 Jul 05:56post reply

The other three job offers I received were Virginia, Japan, and South Korea. Those three places will get me into trouble with my girl. Hawai'i beats the other three in terms of my paycheck. It would have been nice to go to Japan and S. Korea again.

IronD: Could you describe your degree in Mass Communications for me? I do not know what it covers and I will not act like it either.

quote:
I think Hawai'i's cost of living and certain parts of California's cost of living is almost the same. I am relocating because of job opportunities. Ever since I got out of the hospital here, trying to find a good job is frustrating. I eventually became a janitor. Taking a major pay cut (losing nearly 2100 dollars a paycheck) and struggling to survive. While doing the janitorial duties I was determined to find another job. Not that being a janitor is degrading or anything along those lines. It was just something temporary. I applied for certain jobs with the will to travel and I received four offers recently. I took the Hawai'i job because it has been a while since I was in Hawai'i (2003). I have family and friends there too. On top of everything else I regain the pay I want (gaining more than 2100 back).

My point is that if you want the job and money you will have to travel there. It will not always come to you. Actually I am leaving California because I am butt hurt about being unable to attend Comic Con.

I don't know how to live

Maou
1715th Post

"Re(6):Reminiscences" , posted Wed 15 Jul 07:18:post reply

quote:

It's got my favorite "craddling the severed head of a loved one" scene in any movie.
This is good, because it means you didn't have to suffer through Clamp's X to get it instead.

edit: or worse, Attack of the Clones.

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 15 Jul 07:18]

Nate
972th Post

"Re(8):Secret of Rugal" , posted Wed 15 Jul 07:22post reply

quote:

Furries

this.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Maou
1715th Post

"Re(9):Secret of Rugal" , posted Wed 15 Jul 07:24post reply

quote:

Nate!!
972th Post

This. In conclusion, more Nate, less furries.

Iron D
3225th Post

"Re(1):Double post edition" , posted Wed 15 Jul 07:46post reply

quote:

IronD: Could you describe your degree in Mass Communications for me? I do not know what it covers and I will not act like it either.

Mass Communications is basically a fancy way of saying mass media. Mass media in this case including television, radio, newspapers and the Internet. I'm fortunate enough to live somewhat near L.A. which is the best place IN THE WORLD for looking for these types of jobs.

However, I have wondered to myself if I would be willing to relocate if I got a good offer from say...New York. NY is almost as good as L.A. when it comes to mass media job opportunities. I've never lived that far away from my family, and even made my choice of college due to the fact that I could attend it and stay in proximity to my family. Your story reminds me of this debacle all over again, since it sounds like you were specifically put into the position of having to move in order to do what you want to do and make the money you want to make.

May I ask what it is that you are going to be doing once you get to Hawaii?

Er.....

Iggy
8942th Post

"Re(10):Secret of Rugal" , posted Wed 15 Jul 07:52post reply

quote:
In conclusion, more Nate

This.

Also, since everyone is talking about relocation: if someone offers you to relocate to London, refuse. Whatever the paycheck, refuse.
Just... just trust me on this one, OK?

ONSLAUGHT
3835th Post

"Hi Level FAQ" , posted Wed 15 Jul 08:03:post reply

4.0-How to use Dudley effectivley
------------------------------------

First off,before I go into the tactics. I'd like to tell you to use
Dudley in his coolest color,the Strong button color,he looks so cool in
it.

Out of all Dudley's supers,try using the Corkscrew Blow for maximum
results. You can store three,and it deals pretty good damage. Use
this after you successfully land a combo in the air,or right when
you see an opening,preferably right when they're about to do a move,
and in the corner,for cheap and quick results.

The Machine Gun Blow usually gets blocked a lot,but good for
dealing good block damage off an opponent.

The only time I'd recommend using Dudley's Short Swing Blow
is when an opponent jumps at you. Make sure you do it about
when they're right near you.

Dudley's Cross Counter is awesome! Do this especially when you're
fighting
that cheap dick,Gill. Since Gill likes to constantly barrage you with
jabs,forwards,and other basic attacks.

Try Dudley's taunt every now and then. Not only is it mocking your
opponenet,while still looking cool doing it,but it also hits,
use it from far away if you know an enemy is going to attack. This
way,it knocks them out of the attack.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Wed 15 Jul 08:05]

Maou
1717th Post

"Re(1):Hi Level FAQ" , posted Wed 15 Jul 08:07post reply

quote:

it.

fighting

O, Onsy was Eric all along?!?!?!

Iron D
3226th Post

"Re(1):Hi Level FAQ" , posted Wed 15 Jul 10:09post reply

quote:

it.

fighting

This reminds me of Onslaught's other hated rival: Bata Kun. Onslaught's constant mocking of Bata Kun (and Bata Kun's seeming obliviousness to it) was just highly entertaining.

Er.....

Digitalboy
625th Post

"Re(2):Double post edition" , posted Wed 15 Jul 10:27post reply

In short: information dominance with a clearance level.
quote:
May I ask what it is that you are going to be doing once you get to Hawaii?

Dammit Iggy. I always wanted to get a spotted dick there in London. I will take your advice and never go there.
quote:
Also, since everyone is talking about relocation: if someone offers you to relocate to London, refuse. Whatever the paycheck, refuse.
Just... just trust me on this one, OK?

I don't know how to live

jUAN
4516th Post

"Re(2):Hi Level FAQ" , posted Wed 15 Jul 10:54post reply

quote:

it.

fighting

This reminds me of Onslaught's other hated rival: Bata Kun. Onslaught's constant mocking of Bata Kun (and Bata Kun's seeming obliviousness to it) was just highly entertaining.

sushingada

Ishmael
3524th Post

"Re(6):Reminiscences" , posted Wed 15 Jul 23:49post reply

quote:
Have you seen The Proposition?

In all seriousness, if you enjoy Cormac McCarthy's work, particularly Blood Meridian, you will probably enjoy that movie. It's also excellent and stark and somehow imbues Ultra Violence with a sense of quiet suffocation.

I was happy to find out that the director of The Proposition is currently heading up a film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Thank you for reminding me about The Propostion, a movie I should watch but have yet to get around to. The idea that Nick Cave wrote the screenplay is both intriguing and a bit worrying. His songs can be a bit of a drudge to get through and they are often only around five minutes long. What will an entire movie infused with his moody world view be like? But the news that the director is also helming the adaptation of The Road means I need to get on the ball and view his previous works before his latest film is released.

While I'm certain I'll finally get around to watching The Propostion soon it probably won't be next week. I've already set that time aside to re-watch Yojimbo, Mars Attacks! and Wild at Heart so I can enjoy a trifecta of movies that feature dogs carrying severed human hands. That's another great visual that deserves all the appreciation it can receive.

ONSLAUGHT
3835th Post

"Help MMCafe!" , posted Thu 16 Jul 15:22post reply

I was watching some boring porn when suddenly, I remembered an old movie I watched when I was young and beautiful. I can't remember the name of the movie, not even the spanish translation...
It started with a few aliens doing battle above earth, inside their UFOs or motherships or whatever, and launching and attack (or were they just sending it to earth just to keep it away from the other aliens?)at earth in the form of a mini meteorite; it crashed next to this horny couple in the forest, and when they went to investigate, it was some sort of vial ( or was it a rock? damn!) with leeches (or space leeches)! that jumped into their mouths (!), controlling them.

What I remember the most, is that some group of doctors (or teens?) found out what was going on and decided to kill the leeches (hosts included).
Oh, and I forgot, these leeches fed and reproduced on the brains of the hosts (!!), and when there were enough to go out, the heads of the hosts exploded (!!!), letting dozens of leeches into the wild, looking for more victims/hosts/food, repeating the cycle until the end of times.

So these guys killed all of the evil human hosts, but suddenly they found a basement full of brains in jars (seriously), which was like a paradise for these critters. They killed all of them with a flamethrower (or molotov bomb, or just some fire, I don't remember) leaving as the sole survivors of the school/hospital/whatever... until a dog finds a leech aaaaaand that's where the movie ends.

I want to see this movie again, but I can't remember the name, can you guys help me? Did I see this movie? or was just a bad dream?

Digitalboy
626th Post

"Re(1):Help MMCafe!" , posted Thu 16 Jul 16:38post reply

So...what kind of porn were you watching?

quote:
I was watching some boring porn when suddenly, I remembered an old movie I watched when I was young and beautiful. I can't remember the name of the movie, not even the spanish translation...
It started with a few aliens doing battle above earth, inside their UFOs or motherships or whatever, and launching and attack (or were they just sending it to earth just to keep it away from the other aliens?)at earth in the form of a mini meteorite; it crashed next to this horny couple in the forest, and when they went to investigate, it was some sort of vial ( or was it a rock? damn!) with leeches (or space leeches)! that jumped into their mouths (!), controlling them.

What I remember the most, is that some group of doctors (or teens?) found out what was going on and decided to kill the leeches (hosts included).
Oh, and I forgot, these leeches fed and reproduced on the brains of the hosts (!!), and when there were enough to go out, the heads of the hosts exploded (!!!), letting dozens of leeches into the wild, looking for more victims/hosts/food, repeating the cycle until the end of times.

So these guys killed all of the evil human hosts, but suddenly they found a basement full of brains in jars (seriously), which was like a paradise for these critters. They killed all of them with a flamethrower (or molotov bomb, or just some fire, I don't remember) leaving as the sole survivors of the school/hospital/whatever... until a dog finds a leech aaaaaand that's where the movie ends.

I want to see this movie again, but I can't remember the name, can you guys help me? Did I see this movie? or was just a bad dream?

I don't know how to live

ONSLAUGHT
3837th Post

"Re(2):Help MMCafe!" , posted Thu 16 Jul 17:43:post reply

quote:
So...what kind of porn were you watching?

Some amateur shit, then I switched to the pros, with Priya Rai and some random dude in one of those My Friend's Hot Mom videos. They went straight to sex, which was disapointing, because the best parts are the silly setups that lead to sex. Then I switched to the always trusty Ava Devine, in a chapter of Moms Like it Big, but was disapointed once again because there was no crazy setup, they went almost inmediatly to sex after some random plumber stumbled upon her pussy. I returned to amateur once again, and started remembering those alien leeches, that's when I came

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Thu 16 Jul 17:44]

Digitalboy
627th Post

"Re(3):Help MMCafe!" , posted Thu 16 Jul 20:08post reply

I think we share the same interest in women there, 'Slot.

I think that you are having high expectations whenever you are watching porn. I am even surprised that you expect a plot of sorts. I have selective viewing while watching porn.

Normal routine for me in this order:
1) run the video file
2) skip to the foreplay
3) skip to the insertion
4) skip to the money shot and finish with the money shot.

And...I feel robbed when Ava Devine had the forced breast reduction. I liked it when her tits gave her the goofy look.
quote:
Some amateur shit, then I switched to the pros, with Priya Rai and some random dude in one of those My Friend's Hot Mom videos. They went straight to sex, which was disapointing, because the best parts are the silly setups that lead to sex. Then I switched to the always trusty Ava Devine, in a chapter of Moms Like it Big, but was disapointed once again because there was no crazy setup, they went almost inmediatly to sex after some random plumber stumbled upon her pussy. I returned to amateur once again, and started remembering those alien leeches, that's when I came

I don't know how to live

nobinobita
559th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Help MMCafe!" , posted Thu 16 Jul 23:16post reply

quote:

You were almost certainly watching Night of the Creeps:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQ0u4LKNmw

Unfortunately as of now it's not (legally) available on DVD. But if you have a good ol VCR it's yours to have:
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Creeps-Jason-Lively/dp/6301935136

It's an awesome movie. It's a GREAT movie to see when you were a kid! And it's a GREAT movie to revisit as an adult. It stands up.

You might also want to look into Slither, which came out a few years ago and is pretty much a remake of Night of the Creeps. That movie was surprisingly fun and solid.

karasu99
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Help MMCafe!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 03:06:post reply

quote:

You were almost certainly watching Night of the Creeps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQ0u4LKNmw

Hey, bonus points for the 'STRYPER RULES!" graffiti at around :26.

I think I may have seen this one, but I'll certainly track it down either way. I have a strange love for shitty 70's and 80's horror with a college setting, and this fits the bill.

Incidentally, although they don't seem to have this movie (unless they have it under a different name) [url= http://www.somethingweird.com/]these guys have a crazy selection.

EDIT: I'm doing nothing but editing my posts today. According to Wikipedia, an official DVD release is coming soon!

[this message was edited by karasu99 on Fri 17 Jul 03:08]

Ishmael
3527th Post

"Re(3):Help MMCafe!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 04:53post reply

Good grief, Night of the Creeps has its own Wiki page?

ONSLAUGHT
3837th Post

"Re(4):Help MMCafe!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 05:20post reply

quote:
Good grief, Night of the Creeps has its own Wiki page?

MMCafe delivers!
Thanks guys, now I know I didn't have a demented dream about leeches and exploding heads!

Iron D
3229th Post

"Re(5):Help MMCafe!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 05:59post reply

When it comes to porn, I prefer bbws and lesbians. Especially when the two are combined.

Yes. I am a chubby chaser. I loves me some big, thick, round asses.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3838th Post

"Re(6):Help MMCafe!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 06:46post reply

quote:
When it comes to porn, I prefer bbws and lesbians. Especially when the two are combined.

Resbians used to arouse me when I was younger, now I find them boring.

Say IronD, do you like Olivia O'Lovely or Lacey Duvalle?

Iron D
3231th Post

"PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 09:02:post reply

quote:

Resbians used to arouse me when I was younger, now I find them boring.

Say IronD, do you like Olivia O'Lovely or Lacey Duvalle?

This is a man who knows his porn!

Olivia O'lovely: yes. She actually did a few lez scenes which I enjoyed, and although I'm not a fan of fake titties, I still wouldn't kick her out of bed. Plus she's got a great ass.

Lacey: kinda bugs me that she's pretty much entirely fake (both the ass and the titties) and that becomes more obvious when you see her older stuff where she didn't have a tits or any ass. BUT, even though I prefer natural women (as I've already said) I'd be lying if I said I'd kick her out of bed.

Btw, I wouldn't call either of these women BBWs. Not even close, in my opinion. Olivia is a little thick, while Lacey is (unnaturally) thick in the right places, but neither is a BBW.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Fri 17 Jul 09:02]

Digitalboy
628th Post

"Re(1):PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 10:45post reply

What about Samantha38gg? Disgustingly hot. Christy Marks she is not BBW but give it a few years.

Gianna Michaels/Rossi finally had her first on screen A. She has a decent body but the face is not all there. She is energetic about some of her scenes.

Jada Fire I just love her attitude on film. Dirty talking and giving orders while taking it.

And...Tia Tanaka...should follow Gianna's lead.

I don't know how to live

Iron D
3231th Post

"Re(2):PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 11:38post reply

quote:
What about Samantha38gg? Disgustingly hot. Christy Marks she is not BBW but give it a few years.

Gianna Michaels/Rossi finally had her first on screen A. She has a decent body but the face is not all there. She is energetic about some of her scenes.

Jada Fire I just love her attitude on film. Dirty talking and giving orders while taking it.

And...Tia Tanaka...should follow Gianna's lead.

Sam38G...now THAT'S a BBW! Huge, awesome tits and decent round ass. However, I've seen that she actually has a pretty bitchy attitude which does hurt things a bit. But I'd still love to fuck the living shit out of her. She's not my favorite, but very attractive nonetheless.

Now Gianna Michaels...again, thick not BBW. But GOD DAMN is she gorgeous! I don't know why you don't like her face, I think she's beautiful. And she's got all natural tits and ass. And as you stated, she's a FREAK! She REALLY gets into her scenes; probably moreso than any other porn actress I've ever seen. And she does some GREAT lez scenes! Yeah, I'm a fan.

Jada Fire never did it for me. Don't like the face, doesn't really have a lot of ass, and she's a bit on the skinny side.

I can't say I'm familiar with Tia Tanaka, but after looking up some pics...can't say I'm impressed.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3839th Post

"Re(3):PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 12:32post reply

quote:

Jada Fire never did it for me. Don't like the face, doesn't really have a lot of ass, and she's a bit on the skinny side.

I like Jada Fire... when she's dressed, because I can't stand her big saggy tits. I prefer Vanessa Blue.

And yeah, I agree with you about Lacey Duval, she was gorgeous and had very nice tits a few years ago, but now she looks so fake. I hate when girls ruin their bodies with big fake tits and fake asses. I used to love Mariah (before turning into Mariah Milano) and August, but then they went and added a few pounds of fakeness...

IronD, since you seem to be a very educated pornman, give me your input for these girls:

Ava Devine
Sexy Vanessa
Adriana Sage
Diamond Foxxx
Monique Fuentes
Mandy Bright

Digitalboy
629th Post

"Re(4):PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 13:33post reply

I heard that she will be at the SD Comic Con.
quote:

Adriana Sage

Tia Tanaka is average but I would just like to see someone break her in half whenever, if ever, she will do anal. Like I said she should follow Gianna's lead by doing on screen anal.

Visually, Vanessa Blue does it for me. But the attitude is somewhat tamed in my opinion.

Taylor Rain...for some odd reason I have been trying to get a girl with the same body type as her. Met a barista at Starbucks with similar build as Taylor Rain. I even got to see some cleavage when she bent over to take my order. Girl is only 19(!) and refuses to believe that I am a 29 pervert. Trying to see what I can do with that before I leave here.

I don't know how to live

Iron D
3232th Post

"Re(4):PORN!!!" , posted Fri 17 Jul 20:50post reply

quote:

IronD, since you seem to be a very educated pornman, give me your input for these girls:

Ava Devine
Sexy Vanessa
Adriana Sage
Diamond Foxxx
Monique Fuentes
Mandy Bright

Well, I THOUGHT I knew my porn starlets, but I guess not since I'm only familiar with Ava Devine and Adriana Sage out of that list.

Oh, and I feel I should point out that I can very easily give my opinions on anyone, but I can tell you right now that most of the women I find REALLY hot you guys most likely wouldn't agree with. I'm telling you, I like some pretty damned big women.

Er.....

Digitalboy
630th Post

"Re(5):PORN!!!" , posted Sat 18 Jul 00:03post reply

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102009/news/regionalnews/biff__wham__pow__178573.htm

quote:

Ava Devine
Sexy Vanessa
Adriana Sage
Diamond Foxxx
Monique Fuentes
Mandy Bright

Well, I THOUGHT I knew my porn starlets, but I guess not since I'm only familiar with Ava Devine and Adriana Sage out of that list.

Oh, and I feel I should point out that I can very easily give my opinions on anyone, but I can tell you right now that most of the women I find REALLY hot you guys most likely wouldn't agree with. I'm telling you, I like some pretty damned big women.

I don't know how to live

ONSLAUGHT
3840th Post

"Re(5):PORN!!!" , posted Sat 18 Jul 00:44post reply

quote:
I like some pretty damned big women.

Like these?

Maou
1723th Post

"Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 01:43post reply

Hum, this went in kind of an uncomfortable direction. To save the day, I recommend talking about Wild Zero again! With the earlier talk of aliens making people zombies, I thought of one of the few zombie flicks I love, Wild Zero, featuring Japanese decibel-crushers Guitar Wolf fighting zombies with the power of rock and roll. Wussy, punch-permed calls upon these dudes, as I recall, when things get bad, and they shout "Ace! Rock and Roll!" as their guitars shred zombies. I think Ishmael has maybe seen this, too. Remember the story's moral, "Love knows no borders, nationality, or gender!"

Iron D
3234th Post

"Re(7):PORN!!!" , posted Sat 18 Jul 04:32post reply

quote:

Like these?

Ack! TOO BIG! Try again, kiddo.

quote:
Hum, this went in kind of an uncomfortable direction. To save the day, I recommend talking about Wild Zero again! With the earlier talk of aliens making people zombies, I thought of one of the few zombie flicks I love, Wild Zero, featuring Japanese decibel-crushers Guitar Wolf fighting zombies with the power of rock and roll. Wussy, punch-permed calls upon these dudes, as I recall, when things get bad, and they shout "Ace! Rock and Roll!" as their guitars shred zombies. I think Ishmael has maybe seen this, too. Remember the story's moral, "Love knows no borders, nationality, or gender!"

Wasammatta Maou? Do big women make you uncomfortable?

Er.....

Digitalboy
631th Post

"Re(8):PORN!!!" , posted Sat 18 Jul 05:44post reply

MOAR!

quote:

Like these?

I don't know how to live

nobinobita
560th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 06:05post reply

quote:
Hum, this went in kind of an uncomfortable direction. To save the day, I recommend talking about Wild Zero again! With the earlier talk of aliens making people zombies, I thought of one of the few zombie flicks I love, Wild Zero, featuring Japanese decibel-crushers Guitar Wolf fighting zombies with the power of rock and roll.

I just saw that movie a few weeks ago! It was awesome!

It was surprisingly sweet in tone. Guitar Wolf have a good sense of humor about their image.

Ace was the pluckiest hero I've seen in a film in ages.

Grave
1178th Post

"Re(2):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 06:57post reply

This all makes me happy to hear! I love Guitar Wolf and I love Wild Zero, though no time seeing it has been quite as fun as the first time. Which happened to be... Otakon 2003, I think. I had a chance to see it in a theater a few years ago up here in Boston but we won't talk about that because what happened to me that night is still a sore subject that can drive me to put my fists through walls. I did see Godzilla Final Wars at the Brattle, so that makes it kind of okay.

ANYWAY. Wild Zero is amazing and anyone who hasn't seen it should do so right away! And enjoy the DVD drinking game! It is a wonderful tool to get a lot of people shitfaced in a relatively short amount of time.

I'm going to stop talking now before I start linking pics of my Guitar Wolf vinyl collection, because no one cares.

nobinobita
561th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 08:43post reply

quote:

ANYWAY. Wild Zero is amazing and anyone who hasn't seen it should do so right away! And enjoy the DVD drinking game! It is a wonderful tool to get a lot of people shitfaced in a relatively short amount of time.

For those not in the know, the game involves taking a drink anytime one of the following happens:

A character drinks
A character says "Rock 'n Roll"
A character combs their hair
A head pops
Something explodes
Fire shoots out of something
Tobio passes out

A word of warning: If you actually follow this list, you will be shit faced within 15 minutes because that's how AWESUM the movie is.

quote:

I'm going to stop talking now before I start linking pics of my Guitar Wolf vinyl collection, because no one cares.

HAWT PIX PLZ!

Grave
1179th Post

"Re(4):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 09:31post reply

The best part is that the DVD has a mode that prompts you to drink onscreen, because everyone knows halfway through drinking games you always forget when you're supposed to drink. Assuming you look at each "drink" as a relatively small amount of beer, as shots would kill you immediately, you'll probably drink 7-8 beers through the course of the movie. And since you're watching Wild Zero, you were probably already drunk to begin with. A good time is had by all!

And I was kinda bluffing on the pics, as I don't have a suitable camera right now, but at my last check I believe I have everything but Lightning Bolt split 7". I know my mother is the best mother in the world because she somehow knew I was missing it and bought me Planet of the Wolves a few Christmases ago!

Though my Guitar Wolf collecting is mostly over, if anyone wants to sell me any Jet Boys or Teengenerate records, let's talk business!

nobinobita
562th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sat 18 Jul 11:32post reply

quote:
Assuming you look at each "drink" as a relatively small amount of beer, as shots would kill you immediately, you'll probably drink 7-8 beers through the course of the movie. And since you're watching Wild Zero, you were probably already drunk to begin with. A good time is had by all!

Yeah, you can only play that game with beer, otherwise you'd die.

I was just chuckling to myself recalling the many times in the movie where someone yells "Rock and Roll" then fire shoots out of something, a zombie gets shot, usually in the head, which explodes, causing Tobio, when present, to pass out, while the members of Guitar Wolf either gulp down alcohol or comb their hair, or both.

quote:

I know my mother is the best mother in the world because she somehow knew I was missing it and bought me Planet of the Wolves a few Christmases ago!

Wow, between your rockin' mom who keeps up with Guitar Wolf and Polly's mom who seems to play more videogames than I do, it seems the cafe is a magnet for the offspring of cool mamas.

Maou
1725th Post

"Re(3):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 04:22:post reply

IronD: Actually, ~Rainbow Mika~ is the only woman for me. If only I could do 360's, as you know to be a problem with me. I was just thinking of the ladies of the board.

Grave:
quote:
This all makes me happy to hear! I love Guitar Wolf and I love Wild Zero, though no time seeing it has been quite as fun as the first time. Which happened to be... Otakon 2003, I think.

Woah! As it happens, that's where some friends and I saw it, too! We were there for TMR mostly, but what better than Guitar Wolf and zombies after a rad concert!

All other Wild Zero watchers
: エイス!Rocknroll!!!!!!!!

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 19 Jul 04:24]

Iron D
3235th Post

"Re(4):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 06:34post reply

quote:
IronD: Actually, ~Rainbow Mika~ is the only woman for me. If only I could do 360's, as you know to be a problem with me. I was just thinking of the ladies of the board.

Rainbow Mika is my wife! She can jump at me ass-first all she wants! That's one attack I can take over and over again all day.

As for the ladies of the board, maybe I'm spoiled by the fact that my female friends are not only cool with these kinds of conversations, but they often times bring them up themselves. I've actually watched porn with some of them who were curious enough to want to see what exactly it was that I was into.

Er.....

Pollyanna
2722th Post

"Re(6):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 09:40post reply

quote:

Wow, between your rockin' mom who keeps up with Guitar Wolf and Polly's mom who seems to play more videogames than I do, it seems the cafe is a magnet for the offspring of cool mamas.

My mom was the one who got me into video games, actually. She was playing before I was even born. I can't get her to play anything but DQ these days, though.

Speaking of porn talk and sensitive language... it's inescapable. Why just last night Grave was delighting me with the lovely topic of "how do you market rape?"

I used to be into Guitar Wolf, but one of their albums a few years back was so SO awful that I haven't touched them since. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but it embodied the sense of "rebel without a cause."

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

nobinobita
563th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 12:30post reply

quote:
"rebel without a cause."

Has anyone here ever seen that movie?

"YOU'RE TEARING ME AAPAART!!!!"

It's AMAZING! By which I mean it's the most overdramatic, angsty, self pitying, grubbing, preachy and shrill film I've ever seen. But somehow it works cos of the stylized 50s acting and rousing musical score.

Also, James Dean and Natalie Wood are very very good looking.

Grave
1181th Post

"Re(7):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 13:44post reply

quote:
Speaking of porn talk and sensitive language... it's inescapable. Why just last night Grave was delighting me with the lovely topic of "how do you market rape?"

I used to be into Guitar Wolf, but one of their albums a few years back was so SO awful that I haven't touched them since. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but it embodied the sense of "rebel without a cause."

Until very recently, I would have said that the answer is "sell it to Japan", but even they seem to want that on the down-low now! I can't remember exactly what started that conversation, but I can't deny that I said it...

And yeah, I have to imagine you're talking about Dead Rock... Loverock was the last one before that, and though I did like that album a little to begin with and came to enjoy it a good deal later on down the line, I still haven't totally come around to Dead Rock. I think of it as less "rebel without a cause" and more "rebel without a clue" and I feel a lot better about it!

I mean, the schtick is just that, schtick. They outwardly appear to take it a lot more seriously than I think they actually do, but as long as they keep making loud, dumb music that I enjoy, I don't have a problem! But I also say this as a fellow unskilled musician who makes up for lack of talent (at least, I like to think I do...) with volume and enthusiasm, so maybe I'm a tiny bit biased.

Spoon
1793th Post

"Re(8):Guitar Wolf saves the day" , posted Sun 19 Jul 15:29post reply

quote:
"rebel without a cause."

Has anyone here ever seen that movie?

"YOU'RE TEARING ME AAPAART!!!!"

It's AMAZING! By which I mean it's the most overdramatic, angsty, self pitying, grubbing, preachy and shrill film I've ever seen. But somehow it works cos of the stylized 50s acting and rousing musical score.

Also, James Dean and Natalie Wood are very very good looking.

My favourite part of the movie, by far, is when James Dean and his opponent for the chicken race are looking over the cliff that they may soon fall into, and have this dialogue:

"Why do we do this?"
"Well you've gotta do something, don't you?"

But yes, James Dean having this look that just seems to personify cool can make all kinds of things watchable.

Grave
1184th Post

"RANDOMINATOR" , posted Mon 20 Jul 13:11post reply

File this under extremely fucking random: I found my original MMCafe avatar on an external hard drive today! I have a face again! Maybe now people will remember who I am... maybe...

Maou
1725th Post

"Re(1):RANDOMINATOR" , posted Mon 20 Jul 13:44post reply

quote:
File this under extremely fucking random: I found my original MMCafe avatar on an external hard drive today! I have a face again! Maybe now people will remember who I am... maybe...

An avatar appears!

Fight?
Magic?
Defend?
Run?

Actually, the broken avatar club is surprisingly distinctive, too.

sfried
381th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 20 Jul 14:48post reply

EVO2K9 has concluded.

Wong lost to Umahara at SF4.

Iron D
3238th Post

"Re(3):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 20 Jul 18:06post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

Good.

Er.....

ONSLAUGHT
3841th Post

"Re(4):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 20 Jul 18:23post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

Good.

indeed

nobinobita
564th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 20 Jul 21:39post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

Daigo will always be the Gary to Justin's Ash.

Ishmael
3529th Post

"Re(3):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 20 Jul 23:36post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

What wonderful news to start a Monday morning off with!

I've spent a bit too much time looking at match videos this morning. Of what I've seen so far this bonkers Sakura fight is my favorite.

KTallguy
1119th Post

"Re(4):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 00:08post reply

Wow, beautiful Sakura match, wtf.

Iron D
3241th Post

"Re(4):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 04:00:post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? If I remember correctly, wasn't it Gary that always lost to Ash?

As for the Sakura, that was some insanity, even if it was so blurry that once could barely tell what was happening.

Er.....

[this message was edited by Iron D on Tue 21 Jul 04:06]

hikarutilmitt
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 05:31post reply

quote:
EVO2K9 has concluded.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? If I remember correctly, wasn't it Gary that always lost to Ash?

As for the Sakura, that was some insanity, even if it was so blurry that once could barely tell what was happening.

Jesus, I really have to wonder how much of that would be easily blockable, because you REALLY have to know which side you'll end up having to block. Seeing that makes me want to go back to SF4 some more and work on it again despite it hating me for being a 3S player.

Grave
1186th Post

"Re(6):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 06:16post reply

quote:
Jesus, I really have to wonder how much of that would be easily blockable, because you REALLY have to know which side you'll end up having to block. Seeing that makes me want to go back to SF4 some more and work on it again despite it hating me for being a 3S player.

I felt that way also! Except... it's still SF4. Blazblue is a game that doesn't punish me for playing the way that feels right to me, so I will continue to play that instead!

Maybe when SF4 gets lobbies, but until then...!

exodus
4175th Post

"Re(4):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 07:38post reply

quote:

I've spent a bit too much time looking at match videos this morning. Of what I've seen so far this bonkers Sakura fight is my favorite.

man, that was great.

Iron D
3242th Post

"Re(6):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 21 Jul 07:50post reply

quote:

Hey, Hikaru! It was nice getting to play you at HDR yesterday. You're officially the first Cafeer I've ever played against at...anything.

Er.....

exodus
4190th Post

"Re(7):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 04:40post reply

honestly, I know wong is a showboater, but umehara is a bit of a hadouken spammer, so I'm not sure which annoys me more. I do feel like justin's hot head might have lost him the championship though.

nobinobita
566th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 05:03post reply

quote:

Ash (who's japanese name is Satoshi) is based off of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. Gary is based on Shigeru Miyamoto. In an interview with Time Asia, Tajiri states that Ash will never catch up to Gary.

In the TV series Ash is never given an opportunity to beat Gary since Gary eventually outgrows his desire to be the best Pokemon trainer and instead devotes his life to studying them as a researcher.

This is similar to when Daigo retired from competitive for a while, demonstrating his ability to lead a normal life. This surely created a vacuum in Justin's life, throwing him into an existential funk.

KTallguy
1123th Post

"Re(6):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 10:27post reply

I swear Daigo totally throws matches on purpose to get shit riled up.

What I do know is that he will throw at least a round to figure you out. I will see him test one situation, and then the second time approach the same situation and completely screw over the opponent when he reads exactly what they will do.

This is the point of fighting games, but he does it so fluently and so naturally that it's a bit uncanny. How do you beat someone who can read you so quickly?

Iron D
3251th Post

"Re(6):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 10:45post reply

quote:

Ash (who's japanese name is Satoshi) is based off of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. Gary is based on Shigeru Miyamoto. In an interview with Time Asia, Tajiri states that Ash will never catch up to Gary.

In the TV series Ash is never given an opportunity to beat Gary since Gary eventually outgrows his desire to be the best Pokemon trainer and instead devotes his life to studying them as a researcher.

This is similar to when Daigo retired from competitive for a while, demonstrating his ability to lead a normal life. This surely created a vacuum in Justin's life, throwing him into an existential funk.

Hmmm...interesting. Only having seen the first two seasons that aired in the U.S. I didn't see all of that.

What I like about Daigo that you don't see in a lot of U.S. players is his humility. Justin's showboating to the audience and getting in his opponent's face is just too annoying, and it just feels like poetic justice to see Daigo completely hammer him down.

And yes, Daigo has a COMPLETELY UNCANNY sense of whatever he's playing. He makes Ryu look friggin' invincible, even though he's generally not the very top tier in most of the games he's been in (with SFIV being an obvious exception).

In fact, from time to time I've scoured Youtube looking for vids of Daigo actually losing...I think I've seen two total.

Er.....

KTallguy
1124th Post

"Re(7):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 12:09post reply

I want a version of SF4 like this to be released in arcades, stat!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7vBrldCd4&feature=related

Amakusa
811th Post

"Re(6):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 12:46post reply

quote:

This isn't quite true; Ash does in fact beat Gary, and that's what causes him to give up competitive training. The show finally reveals Gary's starting Pokemon (a Squirtle) and the last fight is between Charizard and Blastoise, as it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxOVxcpo-M

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

KTallguy
1125th Post

"Re(7):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 18:56post reply

I just saw this Ryu Combo video, really beautifully done stuff, you owe it to yourself to check it out (warning, may chug on slow computers).

http://sonichurricane.com/media/sfryuexh-evo2k9ohn8.html

Iron D
3252th Post

"Re(8):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 20:47post reply

quote:
I just saw this Ryu Combo video, really beautifully done stuff, you owe it to yourself to check it out (warning, may chug on slow computers).

What? No SvC:MotM? No Pocket Fighter? Fail.

Er.....

Ishmael
3536th Post

"Re(9):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Thu 23 Jul 23:49:post reply

quote:
honestly, I know wong is a showboater, but umehara is a bit of a hadouken spammer, so I'm not sure which annoys me more. I do feel like justin's hot head might have lost him the championship though.

The comment about fireball spamming is interesting, especially since in the end Daigo was fighting a character who has moves designed specifically to get around projectiles. Do you feel projectiles are overpowered in SF4? Or that Daigo was not being theatrical enough? Or was it more an observation about the ubiquity of zoning tactics in 2D fighters?

quote:
I swear Daigo totally throws matches on purpose to get shit riled up.

What I do know is that he will throw at least a round to figure you out. I will see him test one situation, and then the second time approach the same situation and completely screw over the opponent when he reads exactly what they will do.

This is the point of fighting games, but he does it so fluently and so naturally that it's a bit uncanny. How do you beat someone who can read you so quickly?

While Daigo tossing a round now and again in order to gather information for internal databank he stores fighting game information in is just good sense what I'm amazed by is how good he is at getting people to fall into that trap. Small wonder he wins so much if he's already figured out all his opponent's tricks by the time the final round has started.

quote:

What? No SvC:MotM? No Pocket Fighter? Fail.

Those transitions are great. I also like that at no point during those fights did Ryu get hit with an ugly stick and transition into the digitized movie Ryu.

EDIT: This post is already awkward and puffy so, what the hell, I might as well add to it. Udon comics is translating the most recent Street Fighter art book. I would take that Sept 2009 release date with a grain of salt but I do appreciate that such a nice book is being published in English.

[this message was edited by Ishmael on Fri 24 Jul 00:05]

exodus
4194th Post

"Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 01:26post reply

quote:

The comment about fireball spamming is interesting, especially since in the end Daigo was fighting a character who has moves designed specifically to get around projectiles. Do you feel projectiles are overpowered in SF4? Or that Daigo was not being theatrical enough? Or was it more an observation about the ubiquity of zoning tactics in 2D fighters?

you're right to question it, of course. I think it's more a personal feeling that fireballs are a bit cheap as a way to build your meter and keep an opponent from attacking - it's more about the zoning tactics, but ultimately it just annoys me, and that's about it. I recognize that anything put in the game for that purpose is a tool to be utilized, it just feels a bit ugly to me.

Digitalboy
639th Post

"Do not mind me..." , posted Fri 24 Jul 06:47post reply

This made me think of Eric...
quote:

Furries

this.

I don't know how to live

hikarutilmitt
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 09:45post reply

quote:

Hey, Hikaru! It was nice getting to play you at HDR yesterday. You're officially the first Cafeer I've ever played against at...anything.

Yeah, I had a great time! Even with that other guy tearing us up it was enjoyable. We'll have to get together online to play again some time. Do you have any other fighters? I've got HDR, T5DR, BB and SFIV. Oh and MK vs DC for some reason.

ONSLAUGHT
3844th Post

"Re(8):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 09:49post reply

quote:

Yeah, I had a great time! Even with that other guy tearing us up it was enjoyable. We'll have to get together online to play again some time. Do you have any other fighters? I've got HDR, T5DR, BB and SFIV. Oh and MK vs DC for some reason.

Are you guys on live or psn?

Grave
1194th Post

"Re(8):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 09:55post reply

quote:

Hikaru and Iron D, you should get in on Blazblue nights sometime! It's usually me, mbisonhatclub and two other friends who don't post here. Polly's on sometimes too! Our games tend to run really, really late/early if you're on the east coast though. But now 4 of us have headsets and it's a good time! Highlights: dramatic readings of manga about jerking off, finding out what got Jeff banned from GameFAQs this week, occasionally me laughing so hard I start choking.

I don't touch HDR any more though. That shit is for suckers.

hikarutilmitt
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 10:39post reply

quote:

Hikaru and Iron D, you should get in on Blazblue nights sometime! It's usually me, mbisonhatclub and two other friends who don't post here. Polly's on sometimes too! Our games tend to run really, really late/early if you're on the east coast though. But now 4 of us have headsets and it's a good time! Highlights: dramatic readings of manga about jerking off, finding out what got Jeff banned from GameFAQs this week, occasionally me laughing so hard I start choking.

I'd love to! I usually have to hit the bed around 10:30pm CST, but Friday and Saturday nights I go to bed whenever. It'd also be nice to get some use out of my headset, it's too awesome to just be sitting there!

Onslaught: PSN. I have a 360 as well but all I have on that for fighters is DOA4, VF5 and SCIV, and I'm not terribly decent at SCIV.

Iron D
3255th Post

"Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Fri 24 Jul 16:17post reply

quote:

I'd love to! I usually have to hit the bed around 10:30pm CST, but Friday and Saturday nights I go to bed whenever. It'd also be nice to get some use out of my headset, it's too awesome to just be sitting there!

Onslaught: PSN. I have a 360 as well but all I have on that for fighters is DOA4, VF5 and SCIV, and I'm not terribly decent at SCIV.

I only have HDR and SCIV (both on PSN) and those aren't even mine really; they're my roommate's. I'd really like to get in on some SFIV, but alas I'm brain-achingly broke right now.

As for BB, I'm not too interested in that at the moment. But all the fun y'all seem to be having with it, and the headsets, is piquing my interest more than the game itself is. However, I'm so broke that I can't afford it either.

Oh, and as far as when I'm usually online, I'm really erratic and can be found online at random different times, but I'm online overnight most often. I'm talking midnight and later, PST.

Er.....

KTallguy
1127th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Sat 25 Jul 11:41post reply

I was watching the video of the crowd at EVO during the final match, and I don't think Justin was suupper overconfident.

He did cheer a bit when he won a few matches, but I think overall he wasn't as bad as others I've seen in these kinds of US vs Japan competitions (Bobby Flay).

He shook Daigo's hand at the end, he was respectful. People in the crowd also properly respected Daigo.

Daigo practiced a lot for Evo so he didn't just walk in. In the interview after the win with Daigo, he said that the Japan/US skill level had little difference, especially considering Justin Wong.

The interview with Diago was very interesting, actually! Talking about how Abel was an annoying character for Daigo, and how when Justin picked Balrog he thought it would be an easy match, but it turned out tougher than he thought.

Heh, I have never seen a long interview like that with Daigo, he seems in high spirits.

sfried
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Sat 25 Jul 16:49post reply

quote:
In the interview after the win with Daigo
Fixed for ya.

KTallguy
1128th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Sat 25 Jul 22:37post reply

Oops! Thank you!

Iron D
3258th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 27 Jul 07:33post reply

quote:

People in the crowd also properly respected Daigo.

By chanting "USA!" over and over again?

Er.....

KTallguy
1129th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 27 Jul 08:45post reply

quote:

Well, people are going to root for the home team. It's the US. They want to see Justin win, as he is their representative.

But when Daigo won, everyone applauded and were respectful to him. They didn't boo or call him names or whatever (at least, I didn't hear it on the youtube). No one touched him or booed him during the match.

People were pumped up, but I think it was in a relatively respectful manner.

Iron D
3262th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 27 Jul 09:27post reply

quote:

Well, people are going to root for the home team. It's the US. They want to see Justin win, as he is their representative.

But when Daigo won, everyone applauded and were respectful to him. They didn't boo or call him names or whatever (at least, I didn't hear it on the youtube). No one touched him or booed him during the match.

People were pumped up, but I think it was in a relatively respectful manner.

I always found it rude when people throw nationalism in someone else's face. Correct if I'm wrong, but is there any record of Japanese players doing this to Americans who have gone over there to play? Not that it would excuse that behavior if that was the case, but I am curious. In fact, I always thought the whole territorial thing was stupid. That's why Alex Valle and his "West Coast/Cali" bullshit annoys me, and I'm actually from California.

If you're rude to someone during a match, but then shake their hand afterward, that doesn't mean that you weren't still being rude during the match.

Not trying to flame or anything. I do see where you're coming from KTallguy. It's just that there were so many things going on there that annoyed me personally.

Er.....

KTallguy
1130th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Mon 27 Jul 21:31post reply

Point well taken and respected. I'm from nor-cal and I'm very aware of the rivalries that exist. I agree that Japanese players do not act in this way. I think it's part culture, part personality.

If you want real disrespect during a game, go to a Japan vs China soccer match held in China... crazy stuff.

Pollyanna
2737th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 28 Jul 10:04post reply

I wish America had a more lovable representative. I guess we don't deserve one, though. Even if Justin was much more loud, arrogant and fat, I couldn't say that wouldn't be a good fit.

I remember watching some VF5 championship (in Japan) and the guy who won was totally adorable. He was super cute and shy and funny. Totally different than the jerks I'm used to seeing at arcades (though no less socially awkward).

I guess if I could choose, I'd like "America's champion" to be a guy in a leather jacket with an airplane haircut/pompadour that he would comb in-between rounds. Maybe some big retro sunglasses, too.

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Maou
1755th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 28 Jul 10:28post reply

quote:

I guess if I could choose, I'd like "America's champion" to be a guy in a leather jacket with an airplane haircut/pompadour that he would comb in-between rounds. Maybe some big retro sunglasses, too.

I would really like him to look like Harrison Ford's character in "American Graffiti."

exodus
4202th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 4 Aug 03:54post reply

quote:

I would really like him to look like Harrison Ford's character in "American Graffiti."

unfortunately polly just described the perfect 80s yakuza icon, rather than any type of american.

Maou
1767th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):JUSTIN WOOOOOONG...LOST!" , posted Tue 4 Aug 09:29post reply

quote:

unfortunately polly just described the perfect 80s yakuza icon, rather than any type of american.

True. This also matches Ace in Wild Zero perfectly, which I was talking about in this thread earlier (or was it some other thread?).