NOTE: All Users to Read ********************* - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2874 Views )

Professor
2193th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"NOTE: All Users to Read *********************" , posted Tue 14 Dec 21:52:post reply

And yes, we're Finally on a fresh new server!! The Gamespy Ads are still there since I haven't had the time to take them off, but as you can see, everything is running totally smoothly.. or so I hope.

We have 10 days to try out this server and come with a conclusion as to whether we like it or not, and whether it can handle our load. So people, start posting threads like mad, and try using the ImageBBS and drawboard as well!

IF you find any bugs or issues, please report back on this thread.

Now, a few points in particular that I need to mention.

This server is a commercial service, and not a huge, sloppy, but free service like Geocities or IGN. So that means the server is fully featured, and we can enjoy the better things like the resume function that just wan't possible on the drawboard before. However, it also means that I can't be as care-free about some things. Namely, abusive users that purposely harm the provided services.

Acts such as hotlinking to images, spamming on the drawboard (not "bad art", but spam), and inserting malicious codes in posts, amongst other acts, will strictly not be tolerated.

For normal users of the BBS, things should be way better than before. The BBS should be functioning to its full extent, including even the avatar uploader. The Drawboard no longer has issues with user recognition and its resume feature, and the Imageboard is up and running as well. If you reconize any problems, please report on them as soon as you do. If the server has issues, we'll move somewhere else.

Let's try to post about 80 threads in a total of 5 - 7 days.. sounds possible?

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 15 Dec 12:01]

Replies:

Iggy
5178th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Tue 14 Dec 22:14post reply

quote:
This server is a commercial service

Is it "commercial" like in "not free" ?
恐ろしい子だわ!

Oh, and of course, 劇乙!

Shingo The One
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Tue 14 Dec 22:45:post reply

quote:
This server is a commercial service
Is it "commercial" like in "not free" ?
恐ろしい子だわ!

Oh, and of course, 劇乙!

Yeah baby, the Cafe is back, and oh yes, The One (the real deal) is back.
Let's get this on, shall we ladies?
PS And to u Professor, if everything is alright, keep this new server, as long as things go in the right direction.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Tue 14 Dec 22:52]

Grahf
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 04:43post reply

quote:
Yeah baby, the Cafe is back, and oh yes, The One (the real deal) is back.
Let's get this on, shall we ladies?
PS And to u Professor, if everything is alright, keep this new server, as long as things go in the right direction.

Don't believe this guy. He is the imposter. The real Shingo had the username "snkneoshingo2k5". The fake guy was called "Shingo the One". Don't believe his lies! Stay strong, brothers, until the REAL ONE appears...

Support Minuteman and Grahf by wearing a red cap today!

Juan
4117th Post

"Re(4):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 04:59:post reply

i agree, this guy is a fake.Until then good luck.Later.

quote:
Stay strong, brothers, until the REAL ONE appears...

STFU

[this message was edited by Juan on Wed 15 Dec 05:00]

Iron D
2562th Post

"Re(4):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 05:04post reply

quote:

Don't believe this guy. He is the imposter. The real Shingo had the username "snkneoshingo2k5". The fake guy was called "Shingo the One". Don't believe his lies! Stay strong, brothers, until the REAL ONE appears...

Yyyyeeesss! The red caps tag is back!

Zelkin. Pimped.

ONSLAUGHT
3133th Post

"Re(4):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 05:09post reply

quote:
until the REAL ONE appears...

It's not the REAL ONE, it's the real THE ONE!

Toxico
3970th Post

"Re(1):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 08:09post reply

quote:
...Acts such as hotlinking to images, spamming on the drawboard (not "bad art", but spam), and inserting malicious codes in posts, amongst other acts, will strictly not be tolerated.

Would that mean that Iggy's obscene and constant ASCII would would be punished?? If that's so I want things to be back, just like in the good old days---

See??? He is a God...

TrickyNishidake
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 08:30post reply

quote:
...Acts such as hotlinking to images, spamming on the drawboard (not "bad art", but spam), and inserting malicious codes in posts, amongst other acts, will strictly not be tolerated.

Would that mean that Iggy's obscene and constant ASCII would would be punished?? If that's so I want things to be back, just like in the good old days---

Testing spam

Lupin
2736th Post

"Re(3):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 12:04:post reply

quote:

Testing spam

I was just about to say, what about "spamming" on the bbs?

edit: after the testing is done that is ;)

Ooh fancy, two threads and two spinny square sets at the top!

[this message was edited by Lupin on Wed 15 Dec 12:08]

Professor
2195th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 12:15:post reply

quote:

Testing spam

I was just about to say, what about "spamming" on the bbs?

edit: after the testing is done that is ;)

Ooh fancy, two threads and two spinny square sets at the top!

That of course isn't allowed, but it's already covered by the agreements on faq. But spamming is.. well, like half of the posts are silly nonsenses to begin with, so I won't be really enforcing it. Kind of like how there's jaywalking laws, but you can never get fined (unless you're in Washington DC). It's just unrealistic to live modern daily life without jaywalking.

By the way, how are the server's loading time for everyone?

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 15 Dec 13:57]

Shingo The One
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 15:16post reply

quote:
until the REAL ONE appears...

It's not the REAL ONE, it's the real THE ONE!

Do not worry guys, it is me, the Real The One.If I weren't, I would only about that damned game 24/7, but guess what, I am so not some cheap dick.Against all odds, The One has returned, and just like the place I call home (the Cafe), together we are here to stay.Word.

snkneoshingo2k5
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 15:37post reply

quote:
Do not worry guys, it is me, the Real The One.If I weren't, I would only about that damned game 24/7, but guess what, I am so not some cheap dick.Against all odds, The One has returned, and just like the place I call home (the Cafe), together we are here to stay.Word.

No way my brothers.This guy is so lying.I am really THE ONE.He even has the wrong user name.THE ONE would never make fun of Dragonball Z Budokai 3, calling it "that damned game".THE ONE has too much respect for Goku and his pals, the Z Warriors.Gohan is going to get his Z Sword and smite your cheap dick ass with a Kamehameha.Thanks for believing me, everyone.It's great to be back at the real MMCafe.

Digitalboy
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 15:45post reply

quote:

No way my brothers.This guy is so lying.I am really THE ONE.He even has the wrong user name.THE ONE would never make fun of Dragonball Z Budokai 3, calling it "that damned game".THE ONE has too much respect for Goku and his pals, the Z Warriors.Gohan is going to get his Z Sword and smite your cheap dick ass with a Kamehameha.Thanks for believing me, everyone.It's great to be back at the real MMCafe.

Oh, boy. I just thought this was over but once again <BAM!> it's here. At first I thought it was THE ONE but it turns out it's the clone of THE ONE. Nonetheless, it made my Wednesday morning.

Shingo The One
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 16:44post reply

quote:

Oh, boy. I just thought this was over but once again <BAM!> it's here. At first I thought it was THE ONE but it turns out it's the clone of THE ONE. Nonetheless, it made my Wednesday morning.

Damn, I just cannot believe this shit.This loser just won't quit pissing me and everybody else.What the fuck are you?To me you are just some jerk who hates me, and for that, you decided to become me, but news flash dick, I was, am and always will be The One.And as for you, you are so in my list for an immediate ass-kicking.Unless, you give up your evil ways.If not, it's your funeral.Your move.

Professor
2195th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 18:03post reply

quote:
No way my brothers.This guy is so lying.I am really THE ONE.He even has the wrong user name.THE ONE would never m

Account deleted.

Shingo The One
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 18:12post reply

quote:
No way my brothers.This guy is so lying.I am really THE ONE.He even has the wrong user name.THE ONE would never m

Account deleted.

Thank you very much Professor.If it weren't for you, this pest would have never been canceled.And so, everybody lives happily ever after.The End.Later.

Time Mage
2010th Post

"Re(5):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 19:56post reply

quote:

Lightning-fast, Professor. In fact, that's the first thing I noticed: The index page loads really, really fast now (and it really didn't loaded slow back in ex-Gamespy).

Nate
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(9):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 20:09post reply

quote:

Account deleted.
Thank you very much Professor.If it weren't for you, this pest would have never been canceled.And so, everybody lives happily ever after.The End.Later.

WILL WE EVER REALLY KNOW IF WE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Shingo The One
310th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):NOTE: All Users to Read **************" , posted Wed 15 Dec 22:04post reply

quote:

Account deleted.

Do not worry brother, you will know that the only decision worth it is the right one.Later.

Iggy
5202th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):NOTE: All Users to Read ********" , posted Wed 15 Dec 22:18post reply

quote:

Do not worry brother, you will know that the only decision worth it is the right one.Later.

More importantly, will we ever really know if the Prof deleted the evil one or the good one ?
I mean, the good one being the... No, the evil is... ah, I'm lost.

Shingo The One
311th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):NOTE: All Users to Read ********" , posted Wed 15 Dec 22:59post reply

quote:

More importantly, will we ever really know if the Prof deleted the evil one or the good one ?
I mean, the good one being the... No, the evil is... ah, I'm lost.

You of all people should know that I am the original one.You know what, let's all forget that fake (I better not say anything else, I really dislike this cursing thing) and move on to our normal everyday lives.You'll thank the Professor and me another time.

Lupin
2741th Post

"Re(1):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Thu 16 Dec 00:21post reply

quote:

When I edited a post with a poll in it, the poll got replaced with "poll". I was able to fix it.

quote:
Let's try to post about 80 threads in a total of 5 - 7 days.. sounds possible?

It can be done, perservere!

KTallguy
437th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Thu 16 Dec 01:12post reply

quote:

I posted images in the Image BBS but they won't come up... when I click I get a 404.

But I like the new server otherwise!

Support the Strongest Cooperation! Ibuki and Genjuro!
"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Maou
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Thu 16 Dec 04:12post reply

quote:

Hmm, I'm the opposite from Time Mage...it's been going incredibly slow on my comp, like 28.8k slow on this DSL connection with newest IE. !Mysterious!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

NARUTO
2816th Post

"Re(7):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Thu 16 Dec 04:41post reply

Well everythings runs fine for me.

The biggest Talent is to make peoples belive that you're talented...

Mokona
176th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Thu 16 Dec 04:46post reply

I guess it's faster than before (for me). But nothing that amazing, I just noticed some slight change.

Blah!

The REAL Master
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):NOTE: All Users to Read ***************" , posted Fri 17 Dec 17:41post reply

I like the new features other than that i dont notice much difference, and I am glad about that.