XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"New AOF?" , posted Mon 1 Jan 15:30:post reply

Wait, what?

https://t.co/Y8nHIrKhzR

“ 2024年は『餓狼伝説 City of the Wolves』をお披露目していく年になります。すべての格ゲーファンに楽しんでもらえる内容になるようがんばります。新大阪に移転した新オフィスでは『龍虎の拳』など、ほかの案件も同時に走っています。スタッフを積極採用中ですので、皆さま、ぜひご応募ください。”

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Mon 1 Jan 15:34]

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(1):New AOF?" , posted Tue 2 Jan 02:45post reply

quote:
Wait, what?

https://t.co/Y8nHIrKhzR

“ 2024年は『餓狼伝説 City of the Wolves』をお披露目していく年になります。すべての格ゲーファンに楽しんでもらえる内容になるようがんばります。新大阪に移転した新オフィスでは『龍虎の拳』など、ほかの案件も同時に走っています。スタッフを積極採用中ですので、皆さま、ぜひご応募ください。”

When I think of what made AOF memorable, I certainly don't think about the gameplay. Instead, it was how the presentation was so ambitious. It felt like it was an attempt to present a sprawling adventure for the cost of a token. But what in the world is SNK going to do to make AOF stand out now that we are nearly twenty-five years into the 21st century? If SNK is currently flush with cash, I don't blame them for throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, but this feels like they are tossing the entire pot of pasta just to see what will happen.

I found it interesting that Nobuyuki Kuroki noted that he is looking forward to seeing the business model for Project L. While the free-ish to play model may be different, I'm not certain many other companies will be able to replicate that style of distribution.

Just a Person
2535th Post

"Re(2):New AOF?" , posted Tue 2 Jan 04:05post reply

quote:
When I think of what made AOF memorable, I certainly don't think about the gameplay. Instead, it was how the presentation was so ambitious. It felt like it was an attempt to present a sprawling adventure for the cost of a token. But what in the world is SNK going to do to make AOF stand out now that we are nearly twenty-five years into the 21st century? If SNK is currently flush with cash, I don't blame them for throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, but this feels like they are tossing the entire pot of pasta just to see what will happen.

I found it interesting that Nobuyuki Kuroki noted that he is looking forward to seeing the business model for Project L. While the free-ish to play model may be different, I'm not certain many other companies will be able to replicate that style of distribution.

Indeed. While I actually prefer the AOF characters over the FF ones, their controls were bad even for the time they were released.

I won't complain if a new AOF game does come out, but if SNK is looking forward to revive a fighting game franchise, maybe Last Blade or Kizuna Encounter would be more recommended (I think Kizuna Encounter actually could have become pretty popular if it had gotten a sequel with a bigger roster) - or even World Heroes, which is already pretty consolidated. And considering how both FF and AOF take place in Southtown and KOF pretty much erased the time gap between both franchises, it wouldn't be surprised if some of AOF's big 8 (Ryo, Robert, Yuri, King, Takuma, Mr. Big, Kasumi and Eiji) just got incorporated into the upcoming Garou game, while other characters became background cameos or something (Rody, Lenny and Karman would be more than welcome).

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

"Re(1):New AOF?" , posted Wed 3 Jan 01:09post reply

It's going to be tough to convince people of a "SUPER REAL ACTION GAME" in the wake of SF6 and Tekken 8. And if this new game is just going to be a traditional fighter, then those resources are better spent on KOF XVI.

Still, if the staff is keen on revisiting that series then hats off to them for trying, hopefully it doesn't take itself too seriously and retains some of its goofy charm from 2 and 3. I'll look forward to the conclusion of the Todoh family arc with Ryuhaku recalling his escapades and Kasumi fully speaking English.

PSN: Alpha-Class
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):New AOF?" , posted Wed 24 Jan 13:27post reply

quote:

Indeed. While I actually prefer the AOF characters over the FF ones, their controls were bad even for the time they were released.

I won't complain if a new AOF game does come out, but if SNK is looking forward to revive a fighting game franchise, maybe Last Blade or Kizuna Encounter would be more recommended (I think Kizuna Encounter actually could have become pretty popular if it had gotten a sequel with a bigger roster) - or even World Heroes, which is already pretty consolidated. And considering how both FF and AOF take place in Southtown and KOF pretty much erased the time gap between both franchises, it wouldn't be surprised if some of AOF's big 8

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

I will kill for a new last blade