user profileedit/delete message
PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):CHRISTMAS 2023 THREAD" , posted Tue 26 Dec 08:19post reply

May the spirit of the holidays drive rush past neutral and straight into your heart!

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(2):CHRISTMAS 2023 THREAD" , posted Tue 26 Dec 16:32post reply

Let us ponder how the best Christmas game ever made was the inexplicably obscure Christmas Nights on Saturn], which only activated from a seeming Nights demo disc (included in…certain game magazines, was it??) into a winter reskin with new music!

Did it lead us to the perfect second part of the jazzy music for SFV’s own Christmas reskin of the New York stage???

And didn’t Last Window or Wish Room happen on Christmas Eve or so?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

"Re(3):CHRISTMAS 2023 THREAD" , posted Wed 27 Dec 00:29post reply

quote:

And didn’t Last Window or Wish Room happen on Christmas Eve or so?

It was Wish Room, and the only reason I know that is because nearly everyone in Last Window isn't the festive type (or the social type for that matter).

Speaking of, everyone who still has a soft spot for Cing should get the Another Code remake so Kyle Hyde can have a chance to return.

"Another Cing: Two Remakes" , posted Thu 25 Jan 01:11post reply

I'll hijack this thread since Christmas is long over and this post will likely get buried in the Random Games thread, plus I just wanted to gush over how incredible the remake of Another Code is.

It was surprising to learn that ArcSys had a hand in developing this along with some former Cing staff. They truly nailed the visual aesthetic here, making the whole experience feel like a graphic novel come to life. And they made sure that you'll appreciate all the hard work they did in fully remaking the first game, since you have to beat it in order to reach the second game. Thankfully, the first game is relatively short and can be done in a matter of hours.

The English dub is...serviceable, but Ashley's VA wasn't as emotive as I hoped she'd be, so I ended up settling on the JP dub instead. Plus her JP VA makes her more adorable at parts, which tends to clash with the punk rock phase she's in during the second game, so your mileage may vary.

The gameplay is still reminiscent of the relaxing pace that Cing games are known for, so it may be polarizing to new audiences who aren't used to such a slower experience. For seasoned fans though, they'll feel right at home. Just make sure to max out the camera settings to full though, the default setting is awfully sluggish.

And yes, there is a small nod to Hotel Dusk in one of Ashley's father's memoirs, which you unlock by finding small paper cranes hidden throughout the environment (thankfully, the map highlights the locations to avoid any needless searching). Crossing my fingers that we get a full remake of that series as well, even if I wasn't as partial to how Last Window played out.

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(1):Another Cing: Two Remakes" , posted Thu 25 Jan 20:38post reply

quote:
Cing
!!!!
You called?

I was just sitting down in the Madman's Cafe for a coffee, which may or may not be located in Hotel Dusk, according to our foundational fanfiction. This report is amazingly great news, followed by an amazingly great thread title!

Even as a fierce Wish Room supporter/Kyle Hyde fan, I have to admit that the visuals and atmosphere outpaced the slinghly clunky original gameplay in the Cing games, so what a joy to hear such effort has gone into the Another Code port's visuals. And finally, a system like Switch where a Cing-scale shorter graphic adventure makes great sense.

Living in a world marked by the absence of Cing and the continued existence of whoever makes most "AAA" games these days is enough to make me want to become an RPG villain and wrestle away god's power to destroy/remake the planet, but this is joyous news.

ALSO because like Kyle Hyde I too am a detective, here is not only the last Wish Room fanpage on the internet, hosted on an honest-to-god-still-updated Gyakuten Saiban fanpage, but also its original version as a joke page (I don't get "What A?!" but I still say it all the time), though as good employees of Red Crown I know you'll be searching the joint for all the great artwork and the soundtrack, available exactly nowhere else.

Hmm, Duncan's on the phone. I supposed I'd better take the next job at the dim sum front shop that hides deeper secrets. I was just there a few months again looking for the Cafe's original foundation.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...