Penguin Cafe Orchestra (ATTN: IGGY and jUAN) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (130 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Penguin Cafe Orchestra (ATTN: IGGY and jUAN)" , posted Wed 13 Dec 10:34post reply

I have recently learned about a music group from the 1970s named Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Their music is not at all bad, but I must inform you of their album covers: Look at them here.

quote:
It started out: “I am the proprietor of the Penguin Café. I will tell you things at random” and it went on about how the quality of randomness, spontaneity, surprise, unexpectedness and irrationality in our lives is a very precious thing.

I see he too was an appreciator of RANDOM THREAD

Replies:

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(1):Penguin Cafe Orchestra (ATTN: IGGY and " , posted Wed 13 Dec 21:19post reply

quote:
The concept of the Penguin Cafe formed in Simon’s mind as the result of a dream-like vision he experienced during a severe bout of food poisoning in the south of France in 1972.

I feel attacked, but also, I can relate.
These illustrations are a mood of their own, I adore them.

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Penguin Cafe Orchestra (ATTN: IGGY and" , posted Wed 13 Dec 21:41post reply

Woah! I thought this sounded familiar and discovered that I own an album not by the Penguion Cafe Orchestra (abbreviated by superfans as PCO, which happily reminds me of Yellow Magic Orchestra YMO and dearly departed Sakamoto Ryuuichi), but by the Penguin Cafe, a continuation by one of the member's son. Intergenerational penguinism is laudable.

... ... ...!

...I HAVE ALSO FOUND OUR PERFECT JOB.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...