PSN: SeizyaStarlight
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'The King of Fighters 2023 Special'" , posted Tue 7 Nov 13:37:post reply

"The King of Fighters 2023 Special"

"Yo. Welcome to the King of Fighters 2023 Special Tournament. As years have gone by, I'm honored to be opening this special team tournament again. Good luck. - S"

Well, I'm reviving another tradition: "The King of Fighters", Madman's style. It used to be that there is a "KoF" game every year. Not anymore. So, I'm reviving that tradition. I was supposed to host in Manila years ago, but that virus mess happened, and now, we're here.

For those that don't know, what stays the same is the fact that it's still 3-on-3 fighting. What is different is that the team you request for must have 2 game characters and 1 anime/manga/light novel/commercial character or vice versa. So, you can't have the usual team of Heidern, Ralf and Clark, but you can have a team of Ralf, Clark and "G.I. Joe's" Duke as the military team. You can't pick God tier characters obviously. So, no Goku or Mahoro for example.

Seeing that I brought up the original "Ikari" team, like in old "KoF" games, bonds are very important. If you pick a team that makes logical sense, your team does gain an extra vote point each round. (I have the final say, and I will go by logic, but I'll be fair on the result.) If you pick a team that flat out mix like oil and water, you better pray that the bout's not tight because the team is down a vote every round. So, be careful when choosing a team.

Vote for the team that you want to move on. Doesn't matter if you vote for the stronger team or the cuter team. Vote. If you have trouble, I'll leave a third choice. (Generally, if I don't know either team well, I go for the stronger one. Having your mind and heart fight over your vote is a difficult scenario to go through. I know, and that's why I hate Ralf, Clark and Duke-Athena, Nagisa and Honoka type bouts. You and your mind know that Ralf, Clark and Duke are way stronger than Athena, Nagisa and Honoka in regards of raw power, but you and your heart also know that not only are those girls the adorable underdogs. Those girls are way cuter than those guys.)

Tie breakers. In the event there's a bout with a tie, to make it fair regarding time zone differences to a point, I'll go to the "Quiz KoF"/"Quiz Magical Academy" route. Each round will have 5 questions. Rounds 1 and 2 only have cute stuff questions. The final will have a mix of cute stuff questions and non-cute stuff questions. (I hope you know Samurai Japan to a point because there will be a question on them.) If there's a tie on that, then the quicker taker moves on sadly. There are no unscramble questions. Just multiple choice and matching.

If you're tied against me, make a convincing letter to Justice Kyo on why your team should move on. No trash talking as well as profanity. Just give a nice and convincing letter. (I know Kero-chan said profanity, but the kid didn't catch it.)

Tips?

1. Don't mix good guys with bad guys. That's the best way to be in a vote hole. Pick two characters from the same series that get along with each other. That's the best way to have an extra vote each round.

2. An obvious good character to have is Benimaru because he has bonds with justice girls. So, nab him early, and make sure the girl or girl pair does mix well with him.

There are more tips, but I will not type more. Only 8 teams will be accepted, though 4 are already filled: the first 4 filled by the champs along with Justice Kyo, Neo Ryu and myself. If you aren't creative, I already have ideas that fill the other slots.

To add on to the team scenario, I need to type this. Choose your team and entry slot early, and you get the characters you want locked, but you're possibly vulnerable to a mismatch. (Thank goodness no new challengers will worry about this obstacle.) Choose your team and entry slot late, and you can pick the team you want to face against, but your choices of teammates are cut down a bit. The match ups are determined by the slots. So, if you don't want your team to face Neo Ryu's in the first round, don't pick slot 6, but if you do, select your team and the 6th slot fast.

The tournament starts a week from today, and each round will last a week. Please don't hesitate to ask questions. Good luck. (Oh, if you're wondering, yes, an Iori-Dejiko-Puchiko team is absolutely legal, though I don't know how far that'll go, and yes, the vote bonus stays in tact because not only are the mascots linked. Dejiko is a fan of Iori.)

Slot - User - Team name and members

1 - Neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance/Alucard Cube Team: Alucard ("Gunbird"), Alucard ("Dracula"/"Castlevania") and Alucard ("Hellsing") - (^_^)

2 - Justice Kyo - Bamco Team: Ritsuko, Makoto ("Imas"), and Faye ("Cowboy Bebop") - (^_^)

3 - NeoRyu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("DoA"), and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo") - (^_^)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai ("GD"/"KoF"), Yuri ("RnK"/"KoF") and Fuu ("Rayearth") - (^_^)

5 - -

6 - -

7 - -

8 - -

Standby

? - Unknown - Wakamoto Norio-san Boss Team: Igniz ("KoF"), Dracula ("Dracula"/"Castlevania") and Vicious ("Cowboy Bebop") - (^_^)

? - Unknown - Bad Mascots Team: Rocksteady, Bebop ("Ninja Turtles") and Bunbun/Boom Boom ("Mario") - (^_^)

? - Unknown - Boss Ladies Team: Mizuki, Shizuka ("SS") and Esdeath ("Akame ga Kill") - (^_^)

? - Unknown - Random Boss Team

? - Unknown - Seki Tomokazu-san Team: Daehan ("Ehrgeiz"), Chichiri ("Fushigi Yuugi") and Ken ("Weiss Kreuz") - (^_^)

? - Unknown - San Francisco Team: Jack, Sar ("VF") and Mick ("Area 88") - (^_^)

[this message was edited by Seizya on Sun 12 Nov 13:22]

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
PSN: SeizyaStarlight
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"The matchups" , posted Sun 12 Nov 03:53:post reply

Did type that I'd start tomorrow, but the matchups that are created are good to go. So, providing an early start now.

Slot - User - Team name and members

1 - Neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance/Alucard Cube Team: Alucard ("Gunbird"), Alucard ("Dracula"/"Castlevania") and Alucard ("Hellsing") - (^_^)

2 - Justice Kyo - Bamco Team: Ritsuko, Makoto ("Imas"), and Faye ("Cowboy Bebop") - (^_^)

3 - NeoRyu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("DoA"), and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo") - (^_^)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai ("GD"/"KoF"), Yuri ("RnK"/"KoF") and Fuu ("Rayearth") - (^_^)

5 - Marvel, Mirage and Capcom - American Heroines Team: Jean ("X-Men"), April ("TMNT") and Mary ("GD"/"KoF") - (^_^)

6 - Sei's brother - Philippines Heroines Team: Talim ("Soul"), Josie ("Tekken") and Sucy ("Little Witch Academia") - (^_^)

7 - Capcom, Red/Sega and Shogakukan - Chinese Heroines Team: Chun Li ("SF"), Kouran ("Sakura Wars") and Rebecca ("Black Lagoon") - (^_^)

8 - Capcom, SNK and Shueisha - Boss Team: Vega/M. Bison ("SF"), Geese ("GD"/"KoF") and Doflamingo ("One Piece") - (^_^)

[this message was edited by Seizya on Mon 13 Nov 00:40]