Let's volt in! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (645 Views )
Lord SNK
585th Post

user profileedit/delete message
New Red Carpet Member

"Let's volt in!" , posted Tue 27 Dec 22:51post reply

Voltes V: Legacy: This is our legacy! | Teaser

This looks enough faithful to the source material!

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Let's volt in!" , posted Wed 28 Dec 03:40post reply

Woah! In between a Filipino version of Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V, Americans making new gender-flipped River City Kunio-kun games, Metroid sequels abroad where it was always more popular, and Dracula finding his revival on Netflix rather than at Dark Priest Konami's hands, it's interesting to see where different series' popularity outside of Japan has led to a sort of doujin-ization of the source, adapted to the places that cared about them most. I admit I had no idea before five minutes ago that the entirely-forgotten-in-Japan Voltes was so big in the Philippines! I'm awaiting your reports on the results!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
Lord SNK
586th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Let's volt in!" , posted Wed 28 Dec 05:55post reply

quote:
Woah! In between a Filipino version of Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V, Americans making new gender-flipped River City Kunio-kun games, Metroid sequels abroad where it was always more popular, and Dracula finding his revival on Netflix rather than at Dark Priest Konami's hands, it's interesting to see where different series' popularity outside of Japan has led to a sort of doujin-ization of the source, adapted to the places that cared about them most. I admit I had no idea before five minutes ago that the entirely-forgotten-in-Japan Voltes was so big in the Philippines! I'm awaiting your reports on the results!

I'm not from Philippines, I hope it will be possible to someway watch this also from Europe.

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(3):Let's volt in!" , posted Wed 28 Dec 17:11post reply

Looks like this is the station from there to watch in hopes of streaming later!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(4):Let's volt in!" , posted Thu 29 Dec 01:59post reply

Wild! It's always interesting to see what a long-standing fandom (and, presumably, a cheap licensing deal) can produce.