What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (467 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Thu 29 Sep 05:10post reply

MAGICAL DROP 6!

Forever Entertainment SA sure is snapping up licenses for old game IPs, what with Panzer Dragoon, Front Mission, House of the Dead, and probably others under their belt. How good those remakes are is another topic, but there's no denying that they're PROLIFIC.

Replies:
Red Falcon
6422th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood

"Re(1):What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Thu 29 Sep 17:40post reply

quote:
MAGICAL DROP 6!

Forever Entertainment SA sure is snapping up licenses for old game IPs, what with Panzer Dragoon, Front Mission, House of the Dead, and probably others under their belt. How good those remakes are is another topic, but there's no denying that they're PROLIFIC.

Hopefully it will wipe the memory of 5 from existence…

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(2):What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Thu 29 Sep 18:32post reply

quote:
MAGICAL DROP 6!

To be honest I had forgotten both 4 and 5 existed.
How different are these games anyway? They all look more or less like 3 with different animations... What are the gameplay nuances?

Red Falcon
6424th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood

"Re(3):What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Thu 29 Sep 22:22:post reply

quote:
MAGICAL DROP 6!

To be honest I had forgotten both 4 and 5 existed.
How different are these games anyway? They all look more or less like 3 with different animations... What are the gameplay nuances?

They have different drop patterns, and probably some other stuff (V had ghost lop shoehorned in for some reason) but the real problem with 5 was that it was an unplayable buggy mess!

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Thu 29 Sep 22:22]

Platinum Carpet V.I.P - THE FOOL

"Re(4):What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Fri 30 Sep 18:16post reply

Oh wow. It's not a complex or demanding game, so I wonder what happened for them to skip QA like that.
Let's hope 6 fares better!

PSN: SeizyaStarlight
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a

"Re(5):What's old is new again: MAGICAL DROP!" , posted Tue 28 Nov 16:20post reply

If "Magical Drop VI" comes out before the end of this year or next year, sorry "Genjitsu no Yoshiko", but you'll probably not be bought until the year after next year. I forgot that "IV" existed, and I never got to play "V", but I take it that the game's horrible. Data East, as long as Star is back and doable regarding victories, I'm happy. (・ω・)