user profileedit/delete message
PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
Wii: n/a
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Buddhist Mantra in Video Game Music" , posted Mon 25 Apr 18:58post reply

Another topic of discussion. We are trying to find game themes that consist of Buddhist Mantra. I know there are some fighting games that have it. Would like to know any others. If you have any songs in mind, post the names. Like to get a list. Haven't found one online.

Long Live I AM!

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Buddhist Mantra in Video Game Music" , posted Tue 26 Apr 08:51post reply

This sounds like a job for Nobi! But while we wait, my first thought is for you to check out the very Buddhist-themed Asura's Wrath to see what its soundtrack is like (I never played it). Nobi's write-up is here.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
nobinobita
1916th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Buddhist Mantra in Video Game Music" , posted Mon 18 Jul 18:57post reply

quote:
This sounds like a job for Nobi! But while we wait, my first thought is for you to check out the very Buddhist-themed Asura's Wrath to see what its soundtrack is like (I never played it). Nobi's write-up is here.

Aw thank you so much Maou!

quote:
Another topic of discussion. We are trying to find game themes that consist of Buddhist Mantra. I know there are some fighting games that have it. Would like to know any others. If you have any songs in mind, post the names. Like to get a list. Haven't found one online.

OH BOY DO I HAVE A SONG FOR YOU

While Onmyōdō (陰陽道) isn't a strictly Buddhist thing (it's influenced by Taoism, Buddhism and a ton of folk beliefs) this song incorporates Buddhist style chanting into it so wonderfully! The first time I saw this stage in Matrimelee I could not stop laughing! This music video is great, but the actual stage, replete with singing monks is one of the greatest fighting game stages + themes ever!

www.art-eater.com