user profileedit/delete message
PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MMC fashion thread" , posted Sun 19 Dec 03:59:post reply

If you ask me (and if you didn't, too bad!), the cheese thread is the most useful collection of global knowledge of all time thanks to the SNK-driven internationality of the Cafe clientele. While talking with Baron Iggy about his Londonian fashions, I realized this was the perfect place to help me out with MMC: What (Not) to Wear Edition.

Look: I'm stuck in a country right now where everything is baggy. What is your favorite spot for good but not extravagantly priced casual shirts and coats? Uniqlo used to be good, but then they resized everything from Japanese to local sizes and nothing fits now. H&M isn't cutting it anymore, Mujirushi is too limited, and everything else is for lumberjacks and sports coaches, or else a fake storefront for dropshippers in China.

So far, comments from friends include: ASOS, Zara (pretty expensive), Sezanne ($$), Desigual (I may not be Spanish enough), T.M. Lewin, etc.

Pull out your FFX-2 Dresspheres (argh) and let's hear it!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 19 Dec 14:25]

Replies:

Pencilero

95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):MMC fashion thread" , posted Sun 19 Dec 05:46post reply

quote:
If you ask me (and if you didn't, too bad!), the cheese thread is the most useful collection of global knowledge of all time thanks to the SNK-driven internationality of the Cafe clientele. While talking with Baron Iggy about his Londonian fashions, I realized this was the perfect place to help me out with MMC: What (Not) to Wear Edition.

Look: I'm stuck in a country right now where everything is baggy. What is your favorite spot for good but not extravagantly priced casual shirts and coats? Uniqlo used to be good, but then they resized everything from Japanese to local sizes and nothing fits now. H&M isn't cutting it anymore, Mujirushi is too limited, and everything else is for lumberjacks and sports coaches, or else a fake storefront for dropshippers in China.

So far, comments from friends include: ASOS, Zara (pretty expensive), Sezanne ($$), and Desigual (I may not be Spanish enough). Pull out your FFX-2 Dresspheres (argh) and let's hear it!

This may require more input from yourself. What do you like to wear? What are you into culturally?

I prefer low maintenance, in a perfect world my attire would be somewhere between Streets of Fire and Justified.

Supporting cast member, not a lead. Low maintenance. :b

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus

"Re(2):MMC fashion thread" , posted Sun 19 Dec 13:23:post reply

quote:
This may require more input from yourself.

somewhere between Streets of Fire and Justified

Both wise observations! I'm really just trying to find slim button-up shirts of a Uniqlo or slightly more colorful design, and trim jackets of a vaguely European, bomber, or standing collar variety. But "localized" Uniqlo sizes abroad are impossible for the former (and Uniqlo is not high quality enough to bother importing), and the latter online are all just from unreliable fronts pretending they aren't just middlemanning junk from China. There must be a better way!

...ALTHOUGH, I am also entirely willing to entertain the global Cafe's unique fashion suggestions, from capes to matador costumes to things I've never imagined.

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 19 Dec 13:25]

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(2):MMC fashion thread" , posted Mon 20 Dec 23:59post reply

quote:

This may require more input from yourself. What do you like to wear? What are you into culturally?

I prefer low maintenance, in a perfect world my attire would be somewhere between Streets of Fire and Justified.

Supporting cast member, not a lead. Low maintenance. :b

When you said Streets of Fire, I thought you were going for a proto Mad Gear look. That would certainly be a statement!

Mosquiton
2495th Post

"Re(3):MMC fashion thread" , posted Tue 21 Dec 08:56post reply

quote:

When you said Streets of Fire, I thought you were going for a proto Mad Gear look. That would certainly be a statement!

This look could certainly provoke some reactions.

/ / /

"Re(4):MMC fashion thread" , posted Fri 24 Dec 02:09post reply

quote:
proto Mad Gear look

This look could certainly provoke some reactions.

"Oh, my thread!" Hahaha, it hadn't occured to me that the Mike Haggar look might be the answer to my problems!

But until I find green pants with one suspender, I may try TM Lewin, though I'm still curious what the rest of the Cafe is wearing...or is it all stylish Wizard's robes and torn-up karategi's around here?

Pencilero

97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):MMC fashion thread" , posted Fri 24 Dec 05:01post reply

I'm just happy I can mention Streets of Fire and people know what I'm referencing, and I was going to post some Dafoe fashion KINO, but honestly it's the same as Visual Kei - I don't have the build to pull off leather coveralls or the fashion of Alucard. But I respect the hell out of the people who can!

quote:
Both wise observations! I'm really just trying to find slim button-up shirts of a Uniqlo or slightly more colorful design, and trim jackets of a vaguely European, bomber, or standing collar variety. But "localized" Uniqlo sizes abroad are impossible for the former (and Uniqlo is not high quality enough to bother importing), and the latter online are all just from unreliable fronts pretending they aren't just middlemanning junk from China. There must be a better way!

...ALTHOUGH, I am also entirely willing to entertain the global Cafe's unique fashion suggestions, from capes to matador costumes to things I've never imagined.

Looking on what I used to wear when not in survival horror pandemic mode my cool weather go to was BLÅKLÄDER (easy to copy and paste their branding name) Brawny canvas jacket (a handy Pan Pacific Defense Corps magnetic button makes the Ramin Djawadi kick in or without engage the Masaki Endoh), long sleeve Henley, and jeans. Often with some functional ankle high boot/shoe.

If it's wet weather, I've got a felt gambler sans feather flourish to have as a portable umbrella. I'd like to grab a bowler for a less. . . Western aesthetic. I Just bought the gambler because I enjoy an Indiana Jones style hat, but people mistake it for a "cowboy hat" - so I'll go with a more subtle "cowboy hat" with the bowler. Although my choice is mostly due to being a fan of Dum Dum Dugan's hat choices.

Clearly I read too many comic books and watched too many movies as a child and adult. :b

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus