ATTN Tai-pan: karate and Tekken Lidia - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (795 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"ATTN Tai-pan: karate and Tekken Lidia" , posted Wed 24 Mar 01:16post reply

I recall Tai-pan had a great many very detailed insights into traditional karate form on Makoto, Takuma, Robert, and so on!

Have you seen the newest Tekken 7 character, Lidia? Evidently she does some form of Okinawan karate, and I'd be very interested in hearing what you think about her!

Trailer here

Replies:

PSN: Kusanagi82
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):ATTN Tai-pan: karate and Tekken Lidia" , posted Thu 25 Mar 01:17post reply

quote:
I recall Tai-pan had a great many very detailed insights into traditional karate form on Makoto, Takuma, Robert, and so on!

Have you seen the newest Tekken 7 character, Lidia? Evidently she does some form of Okinawan karate, and I'd be very interested in hearing what you think about her!

Trailer here

Good call!!! Indeed, I watched this trailer two days ago and fell in love with the character. All her moves are represented very well!

In fact, the Kata she is seen practicing at the beach looks extremely similar to Kanku Dai kata; which is similar to the other "Dai" katas. These are all mostly Kyokushin moves. I used to practice these every single day back in my training days.

I haven't touched Tekken in years but this character could bring me back in. If only I could find a Playstation to play this on as I have an arcade stick for it.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):ATTN Tai-pan: karate and Tekken Lidia" , posted Fri 26 Mar 12:07post reply

quote:

Trailer here

Good call!!! Indeed, I watched this trailer two days ago and fell in love with the character. All her moves are represented very well!

In fact, the Kata she is seen practicing at the beach looks extremely similar to Kanku Dai kata; which is similar to the other "Dai" katas. These are all mostly Kyokushin moves. I used to practice these every single day back in my training days.

I haven't touched Tekken in years but this character could bring me back in. If only I could find a Playstation to play this on as I have an arcade stick for it.

This guy here, self-styled "the karate nerd", says that the kata seems to come from Shotokan style and has deep roots in old, traditional Okinawan karate. The name of the kata itself seems to be the same as Tai-pan mentioned, though.

The fellow in questions is pretty knowledgeable in all things karate, to the point of having traveled to Southern China just to track down the roots of some ancient katas in traditional Fujianese Kung-Fu styles. Pretty interesting stuff if you are into martial arts!

A Talking about Japanese History sword in hand