MindWare is an AMAZING JP game developer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (796 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MindWare is an AMAZING JP game developer" , posted Tue 23 Feb 10:02post reply

list of their games on Steam

They are focused mostly on releasing games which are combined ports and remakes of games from the early 1980s PC games that you would get the code and design of in magazines, and the games which aren't those are created in the style of those. You'd be hard pressed to find anything like them on any storefront, and this deserves to be talked about WAY MORE!

On top of that, various creators either from that era or well-regarded ones often are tapped as contributors to the projects, ranging from Yuzo Koshiro (the Streets of Rage composer!) and Junko Ozawa (composer for games like Tower of Druaga), to the pixel artist Hiroshi Ono (artist who worked on Galaxian ,Cutie Q ,Pacman ,Tank Battalian ,Rally X ,New Rally X ,Galaga ,Bosconian ,Warp & Warp ,Dig Dug ,Pole Position ,Super Pacman ,Xevious ,Mappy ,Pac&Pal ,Pole Position II , Libble Rabble ,Phozon ,Gaplus ,Pacland ,Dragon Buster ,Metro Cross ,Toypop ,Dig Dug II ,Baraduke ,Skykid....)

When was the last time you read a game description that says it includes:

quote:
Arranged Version in the style of the NES
Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700+PCG
Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700
Port of the PC-8001+PCG version
Port of the original PC-8001 version

MORALED FUTURE MINDWARE

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MindWare is an AMAZING JP game develope" , posted Tue 23 Feb 13:40post reply

quote:
Arranged Version in the style of the NES
Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700+PCG
Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700
Port of the PC-8001+PCG version
Port of the original PC-8001 version
HARD CORE

If they can just add “in the style of the PC-98” to their repertoire (Steam would surely welcome late Showa-era anime cinemas and edgy PC-98 visuals) they will be the true kings. And if incidentally they manage to port Rusty to Steam I will buy 30 copies and give one to literally anyone on the Cafe who asks for one.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...