Happy 2021 All! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1076 Views )
talbaineric
6356th Post

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Happy 2021 All!" , posted Fri 1 Jan 16:31:post reply

I wish you all well and the best wishes for this new year.

What sort of things are you looking forward to so far?

I know I for one am excited for the KOF XV news, the Samurai Shodown Season 3 content, and the reveals of the last season of Street Fighter V. Rose is the most hyped among the characters that were revealed. She is one of my favorite characters and I cannot wait to see what she will bring to the table this year for SFV. The second hyped would be Arika, as her inclusion fills those of us who have wanted a new Rival Schools game with hope, or at least, representation.

I know with the recent SNK business partnership with Saudi Arabia, I've read a lot of mixed feeling about this. I for one, don't know if it is right to support this given the atrocities committed under the regime. Are any of you going to support the new KOF given these circumstances?

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Wed 24 Mar 02:05]

Replies:

Professor
5836th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Fri 1 Jan 22:19:post reply

quote:

Happy new year! I am really hoping 2021 will bring some good news-- last year was possibly the worst that anyone could've experienced in their life, all because of one word: covid.

As for SNK it's a bit beyond the scope of gaming and strongly goes into political views so I'll refrain from making a reply on the BBS. That put aside, I am very looking forward to seeing what SNK has up their sleeve for this week's unveiling. Has their development power improved in the last years, or are they still getting flung around by trying to figure out Unreal Engine?

Also for anyone reading this, remember to check the other thread for making a roundup of last year!

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 1 Jan 23:53]

talbaineric
6328th Post

"Re(2):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Sat 2 Jan 09:20post reply

quote:

Happy new year! I am really hoping 2021 will bring some good news-- last year was possibly the worst that anyone could've experienced in their life, all because of one word: covid.

As for SNK it's a bit beyond the scope of gaming and strongly goes into political views so I'll refrain from making a reply on the BBS. That put aside, I am very looking forward to seeing what SNK has up their sleeve for this week's unveiling. Has their development power improved in the last years, or are they still getting flung around by trying to figure out Unreal Engine?

Also for anyone reading this, remember to check the other thread for making a roundup of last year!

Happy 2021, Professor!

SNK developed their own engine for KOF XIV, correct? Was the game considered a success? I know critically, it received a good reception. I hope they embrace the Unreal Engine for KOF XV.

Yuki Yagami

229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Sat 2 Jan 15:33:post reply

quote:

Happy 2021, Professor!

SNK developed their own engine for KOF XIV, correct? Was the game considered a success? I know critically, it received a good reception. I hope they embrace the Unreal Engine for KOF XV.

First of all, Happy New Year!

I posted this at Twitter as it applies to it.

"While 2020 was a maelstrom of bad and weird things. We do not know what 2021 brings, but I feel there are bigger maelstroms ahead as the year will go by.

We must be always ready for these."

As for the whole Saudi deal. I can sum it up in one of the responses in the KOF 2002 UM Discord about this issue:

"And now my enjoyment of said product has to be tied to a political statement?"

That said, some say it's a "vanity" investment for their country to move "Beyond Oil" and be recognized as a technological and investment hub in the Middle East in the future. (For those who don't know, they also went on an investment spree on foreign companies last May.)

Also, I observed that Japan/South Korea is more concerned with China/North Korea's activities than the West is concerned with the activities in the Middle East to care about this situation.

Yes, aside from SNK, they have partnered with other Game Developers and Japanese studios. I'm thinking that they go after them as well after their deal with SNK is complete.

That said again, I am exhausted and begin to see critics of this deal (especially in twitter) more predictable and see them coming. Much more if their deal is complete, I am not expecting a "Kuso Arashi" but a "Maelstrom of Crap" with their reactions.

Also, BTW, Professor, they are teasing a new "hardware" this year.

"Lasciate ogne speranza"

[this message was edited by Yuki Yagami on Sat 2 Jan 15:51]

Professor
5838th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Sun 3 Jan 14:38:post reply

quote:
Also, I observed that Japan/South Korea is more concerned with China/North Korea's activities than the West is concerned with the activities in the Middle East to care about this situation.

Yes, aside from SNK, they have partnered with other Game Developers and Japanese studios. I'm thinking that they go after them as well after their deal with SNK is complete.

That said again, I am exhausted and begin to see critics of this deal (especially in twitter) more predictable and see them coming. Much more if their deal is complete, I am not expecting a "Kuso Arashi" but a "Maelstrom of Crap" with their reactions.

Also, BTW, Professor, they are teasing a new "hardware" this year.

A quick reply to that would be yes! Between China and the Middle East, I'd say most of Japan and probably a good chunk of South Korea would have a clear answer to that. But as Ktallguy said in the other thread, people here in general don't have much to say about politics since they're more concerned about their daily lives. Gamers don't seem to give much thought to it and play their games made from China, a la Genshin Impact, Azure Lane, etc.

I do wonder about the so-called "new hardware" since it's hard to imagine SNK coming out with anything more than another vintage compilation, maybe this time with online play via wifi.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 4 Jan 00:36]

Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(5):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Mon 4 Jan 07:11post reply

Happy new year to all!

My game of the year remains The Longing, so hopefully 2021 will have something better to represent it.

Runner-up was A Short Hike, so there's hope at least. As long as indie games remain as strong as they've been in the last few years, SNK can get bought by Disney for all I care!

talbaineric
6329th Post

"Re(4):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Mon 4 Jan 11:58post reply

Excellent point, Yuki! I do agree also that my enjoyment shouldn't be tied to a political statement. I do feel a little better now in supporting KOF XV.

I can't wait to see what new console SNK has up it's sleeve.

PSN: KTallguy
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Wed 6 Jan 17:58:post reply

Happy New Year all! Happy year of the Cow!

quote:
I do wonder about the so-called "new hardware" since it's hard to imagine SNK coming out with anything more than another vintage compilation, maybe this time with online play via wifi.

Online play would be really cool, although with all of the collections on PC a bit superfluous? I guess JP market is not a big PC market.

As the corona patient number is starting to get scary in Japan, I've been hiding out at home and doing my best to finish Dragon Quest 11. I've heard from several people that the final for real final no joke this is the last ending is quite mooooving. After that I intend to get back on the Romancing Saga train with Maou and the gang.

Wishing everyone here (and everywhere) a great 2021! Looking forward to a happier year that brings people together to celebrate... celebrate things like the Tokyo Olympics!! *sigh*

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Wed 6 Jan 18:58]

"Re(6):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Fri 8 Jan 02:27post reply

2021 can only get better from here, right?

... right?

Professor
5846th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Fri 8 Jan 03:54:post reply

quote:
2021 can only get better from here, right?

... right?

Well aside from the vaccines, it seems that the medical scene is coming to a general consensus following months of climical trials in various countries that Ivermectin is proving to be an effective prophylaxis for Covid and potentially even in inflammatory stage-- and Ivermectin is widely used as an anti-lice medication with little side effects. It was a drug made from a discovery in Japan about half a century ago so I think that it'll penetrate well within the country if things come to shove towards the summer olympics...

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 8 Jan 04:02]

PSN: Kusanagi82
STM: n/a
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Fri 8 Jan 04:17post reply

quote:

I know I for one am excited for the KOF XV news, the Samurai Shodown Season 3 content, and the reveals of the last season of Street Fighter V. Rose is the most hyped among the characters that were revealed. She is one of my favorite characters and I cannot wait to see what she will bring to the table this year for SFV. The second hyped would be Arika, as her inclusion fills those of us who have wanted a new Rival Schools game with hope, or at least, representation.

I know with the recent SNK business partnership with Saudi Arabia, I've read a lot of mixed feeling about this. I for one, don't know if it is right to support this given the atrocities committed under the regime. Are any of you going to support the new KOF given these circumstances?

Happy New Year everyone!! Not really sure what to expect of 2021. I know to watch my expectations. One day at a time!

I thought KOFXIV was developed using the unreal engine. And they had a hard time figuring it out. But I could be wrong. I never touched XIV simply because I found the models and animations extremely off-putting. I can always go back and play the older titles.

Take care everyone.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"
talbaineric
6332th Post

"Re(2):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Sat 9 Jan 01:24post reply

quote:

Happy New Year everyone!! Not really sure what to expect of 2021. I know to watch my expectations. One day at a time!

I thought KOFXIV was developed using the unreal engine. And they had a hard time figuring it out. But I could be wrong. I never touched XIV simply because I found the models and animations extremely off-putting. I can always go back and play the older titles.

Take care everyone.

Correct. SNK used their own in-house engine for XIV, so this time for XV they are utilizing the Unreal Engine for this game.

PSN: Kusanagi82
STM: n/a
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Happy 2021 All!" , posted Wed 13 Jan 07:22post reply

quote:

Correct. SNK used their own in-house engine for XIV, so this time for XV they are utilizing the Unreal Engine for this game.

Thank you!!! That is actually impressive :D

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"