Dreams (PS4) thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1048 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Dreams (PS4) thread" , posted Fri 14 Feb 23:26:post reply

Anyone here get a chance to try this game out? Figured I'd make a separate thread for this rather than lump it in with the Random Games thread since there's some potential for finding unique stuff here.

Initial impressions: this game is going to be a copyright infringement nightmare. Sega and Konami are going to be especially upset that people can now make their own bootleg 3D Sonic and Metal Gear games. I'm sure the crackdown will happen eventually, but the possibilities of fan-made sequels to dormant properties are incredibly fascinating. We could finally get that Chrono Trigger remake or even a new Power Stone.

The original content shows a lot of promise. Some of them look almost professionally made in their cinematics and presentation, but are still rough around the edges. This could be an indie developers paradise if given the chance to flourish.

If I stumble across any noteworthy creations, I'll post them here.

[this message was edited by Freeter on Sat 15 Feb 04:15]

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(1):Dreams (PS4) thread" , posted Sat 15 Feb 03:04post reply

I’m interested in this! Though not so much so yet that I’m going to try to research it on this phone. What’s the story? Is this a slightly less ridiculous MUGEN for a modern age? A mass Mario Maker? A genreless update to the RPG Maker series I remember from PS1 and maybe SFC days?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

"Re(2):Dreams (PS4) thread" , posted Sat 15 Feb 04:14:post reply

quote:
I’m interested in this! Though not so much so yet that I’m going to try to research it on this phone. What’s the story? Is this a slightly less ridiculous MUGEN for a modern age? A mass Mario Maker? A genreless update to the RPG Maker series I remember from PS1 and maybe SFC days?

I haven't tried any of the creation tools yet, but this might be all of those listed above. I found a Darius mockup (janky visuals, but the gameplay is somewhat there) and even an almost-PS1 looking Ridge Racer complete with announcer.

I'm curious to see what else lies in this Pandora's box, because right now people are going nuts with directly lifting audio assets and such.

[this message was edited by Freeter on Sat 15 Feb 05:28]