Serial Experiments Lain IP free for 9 years! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1047 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Serial Experiments Lain IP free for 9 years!" , posted Tue 9 Jul 02:10post reply

Official announcement, unfortunately the license only extends to residents of Japan, and you they will somehow prohibit the reproduction and whatnot of your derivative work at the end of the nine year period, which sounds so comically unenforceable or will push all those works into a grey area that it sounds practically like a Serial Experiments Lain gimmick anyway

This is a piece of news so wacky it would manage to occupy a post in both Random Thread Non-Gaming and Random Gaming Thread!

Any of our Japanese residents want to collaborate on something Serial Experiments Lain related? (I'm possibly not joking)

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Serial Experiments Moriarty" , posted Tue 9 Jul 08:22post reply

I think

...I think Lain should probably join longtime Cafe waitress Dita as a mascot for MMCafe.jp at the very least.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
KTallguy
1553th Post

PSN: KTallguy
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Serial Experiments Lain IP free for 9 y" , posted Tue 9 Jul 09:32post reply

quote:
Official announcement, unfortunately the license only extends to residents of Japan, and you they will somehow prohibit the reproduction and whatnot of your derivative work at the end of the nine year period, which sounds so comically unenforceable or will push all those works into a grey area that it sounds practically like a Serial Experiments Lain gimmick anyway

This is a piece of news so wacky it would manage to occupy a post in both Random Thread Non-Gaming and Random Gaming Thread!

Any of our Japanese residents want to collaborate on something Serial Experiments Lain related? (I'm possibly not joking)

This is somewhat incredible, as I’m a big Lain fan and I just finished rewatching the series a few weeks ago. It’s a messy show full of interesting yet poorly elaborated upon ideas. I would love to take that character somewhere but I wonder where the character could actually go? If you’ve seen the ending you know that there maybe isn’t much growth to be had?

Or!! What if we mix Valkyria Profile and Lain, where Lain coasts through the Wired, reaching into the real world to gather the souls of people who are leaving their physical bodies, witnessing their final moments... and then leveling them up in dungeons to take on God in the end... but then Lain has an experience that awakens some sealed memories... etc etc.

Sounds kinda fun :)