XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'KoF 2019 Cafe Special'" , posted Sat 15 Jun 04:10:post reply

In Tokyo/Bunkyou

Winners

2017 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”)

2018 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon").

Welcome to "King of Fighters 2019 Cafe Special"! The tournament will start in 2 weeks plus. The eerie bears Monokuma, Shadow Ted and Warumonzaemon are back to defend the title! Will they be able to or will there be a new trio?!

For those new to the revived tradition, like in years past, teams will be of 3 characters, and bonds are important. Unlike in years past, teams must consist of 2 game characters and 1 anime/manga/light novel/commercial character or vice versa. You can't have the usual "Ikari"/Brazil team of Heidern, Ralf and Clark, but you can have Ralf, Clark and "Read or's" Drake as your military team. No god characters are allowed. So, no Goku, Mahoro and the like.

After deciding your team, pick a slot number between 3 and 8, or rather 5 and 8 because Justice Kyo wants slot 3, and I want slot 4. That number will be your tournament position. If you want to stay away from the champs in round 1, pick any number other than 8. Otherwise, pick 8 if you want to take them on.

Rule changes for this year?

1. There'll be a 3rd Place bout.

So, vote there in addition to the title bout.

2. Set bond penalty of 1 vote hole Potential bond penalty of 2 vote hole.

That's right. I never had to deal with such a scenario, but the change makes logical sense. You can get away with picking the top tier characters on both sides of the spectrum in the most recent "KoF" reality games and the other cross over games. Guess what. Doing that here will actually burn you. So, be careful on who you choose for your trio. I'm not going be giving head starts of 2 votes though.

Have questions? Ask away. Oh, if the slots are full, and you want in, you can have my slot. Just remember that you can't have Mai, Yuri or Fuu on your team.

1 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon"). (^_^)

2 - Sei's brother - Charlie's Angels, 2019 Remix Team: King ("RnK"/"KoF"), Talim ("Soul") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag"). (-_-)

3 - Justice Kyo - Bamco Heroines Team:
Faye ("Cowboy Bebop"), Ritsuko and Makoto ("The Idolmaster"). (^_^)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”). (^_^)

5 - -

6 - -

7 - -

8 - -

[this message was edited by Seizya on Sat 15 Jun 15:50]

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
PSN: SeizyaStarlight

"Re(1):'KoF 2019 Cafe Special'" , posted Sun 16 Jun 05:59:post reply

Just a Person

Before I forget, down the stretch, if people can't make a team, you can place your "MvC" in. Just remember that there's a chance they will not have a bond bonus. The Spiderman-Iceman-Chun Li trio will get it (because of the old series back in the day). The Psylocke-Chun Li-Ruby one will not.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Sun 16 Jun 06:01]

Just a Person
2113th Post

"Re(2):'KoF 2019 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 17 Jun 01:20post reply

quote:
Just a Person

Before I forget, down the stretch, if people can't make a team, you can place your "MvC" in. Just remember that there's a chance they will not have a bond bonus. The Spiderman-Iceman-Chun Li trio will get it (because of the old series back in the day). The Psylocke-Chun Li-Ruby one will not.

Got it!

Okay, so if needed, here's another (quite random) team:

The French Blades - Oscar (The Rose of Versailles), André (The Rose of Versailles) and Lucia (Devil May Cry 2)

Now, some of you may wonder why Lucia instead of someone who fits with Oscar and André, such as SS's Charlotte or World Heroes's Jeanne. There are two reasons, the first being that I kinda miss Lucia (I know DMC2 is considered as a black sheep in the DMC series, but it wasn't her fault), so if Capcom doesn't want to remember she exists, I do.

Plus, she allows to have a team with a blonde, a brunette (...I mean, a brun) and a redhead. Kinda cool, huh?

(that said, it will be ironic if the tournament ends up having enough teams registered and Lucia gets cast aside... again)

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

"Re(3):'KoF 2019 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 17 Jun 18:29:post reply

quote:
Got it!

Okay, so if needed, here's another (quite random) team:

The French Blades - Oscar (The Rose of Versailles), André (The Rose of Versailles) and Lucia (Devil May Cry 2)

Now, some of you may wonder why Lucia instead of someone who fits with Oscar and André, such as SS's Charlotte or World Heroes's Jeanne. There are two reasons, the first being that I kinda miss Lucia (I know DMC2 is considered as a black sheep in the DMC series, but it wasn't her fault), so if Capcom doesn't want to remember she exists, I do.

Plus, she allows to have a team with a blonde, a brunette (...I mean, a brun) and a redhead. Kinda cool, huh?

(that said, it will be ironic if the tournament ends up having enough teams registered and Lucia gets cast aside... again)

A few days have passed, and yet, people are stumped on making a team that can go far. If this continues, your second team should be in. I do know that they will not get slot 8. There's a set team I already have in mind that'll take the slot should I need to fill in teams (even though I have the potential to be disgusted afterward). Whether it'll be 5, 6 or 7 will depend on who gets what slot. Also, don't forget. Having them take Mai's, Yuri's and Fuu's slot is okay.

What's eating me up right now is if I should place in Neo Ryu's team or not. If he were still alive, he'd want the spot that gives him the best chance to win it all. The problem is that outside of the runner-ups, the current teams all have happy bonds as opposed to a neutral one. As if that's not enough, a team with King is a team you don't take lightly. Even if he gets out of the first round, the rounds get harder and harder.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Fri 28 Jun 03:51]

"Here comes a new challenger!" , posted Tue 18 Jun 17:15post reply

1 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon"). (^_^)

2 - Sei's brother - Charlie's Angels, 2019 Remix Team: King ("RnK"/"KoF"), Talim ("Soul") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag"). (´・ー・`)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”). (^_^)

5 - -

6 - -

7 - Neo Ryu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (´・ー・`)

8 - -

Standby

The French Blades Team - Oscar ("The Rose of Versailles"), André ("The Rose of Versailles") and Lucia ("Devil May Cry").

Knowing Neo Ryu, he'd want the matchup that gives him a puncher's chance regarding bonds. So, it'd make sense for him to go after the updated runner-ups. Whether or not the move will pay off, I don't know.

The French Blade Team's spot will be determined. I'm surprised there aren't enough posters. I mean, I'd be twitching to see Mai and Yuri win a "KoF" tournament before the Bogards.

neo0r0chiaku
491th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
Gold Customer

"Re(1):Here comes a new challenger!" , posted Fri 21 Jun 13:49post reply

quote:

2 - Sei's brother - Charlie's Angels, 2019 Remix Team: King ("RnK"/"KoF"), Talim ("Soul") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag"). (´・ー・`)

5 - -

6 - -

7 - Neo Ryu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (´・ー・`)

8 - -

Standby

The French Blades Team - Oscar ("The Rose of Versailles"), André ("The Rose of Versailles") and Lucia ("Devil May Cry").

Knowing Neo Ryu, he'd want the matchup that gives him a puncher's chance regarding bonds. So, it'd make sense for him to go after the updated runner-ups. Whether or not the move will pay off, I don't know.

The French Blade Team's spot will be determined. I'm surprised there aren't enough posters. I mean, I'd be twitching to see Mai and Yuri win a "KoF" tournament before the Bogards.

6. Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team
Alucard Gunbird 2, Alucard Castlevania, Alucard Hellsing

Long Live I AM!

"Re(2):Here comes a new challenger!" , posted Fri 21 Jun 17:02:post reply

1 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Megami Tensei Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon"). (^_^)

2 - Sei's brother - Charlie's Angels, 2019 Remix Team: King ("RnK"/"AoF"/"KoF"), Talim ("Soul") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag"). (´・ー・`)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai ("GD"/"FF"/"KoF"), Yuri ("RnK"/"AoF"/"KoF") and Fuu ("Magic Knight Rayearth"). (^_^)

5 - -

6 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard ("Gunbird"), Alucard ("Dracula"/"Castlevania") and Alucard ("Hellsing"). (^_^)

7 - NeoRyu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (´・ー・`)

8 - -

Standby

Two spots left! If you want in, create a team now before someone takes your members! Oh yeah. Be careful on who you choose because both remaining spots will have you up against a champ right off the bat! Don't think lightly of the decision making process!

[this message was edited by Seizya on Tue 25 Jun 15:57]

"One slot left!" , posted Fri 28 Jun 04:10post reply

1 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Megami Tensei Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon"). (^_^)

2 - Sei's brother - Charlie's Angels, 2019 Remix Team: King ("RnK"/"AoF"/"KoF"), Talim ("Soul") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag"). (´・ー・`)

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai ("GD"/"FF"/"KoF"), Yuri ("RnK"/"AoF"/"KoF") and Fuu ("Magic Knight Rayearth"). (^_^)

5 - Just a Person - The French Blades Team - Oscar ("The Rose of Versailles"), André ("The Rose of Versailles") and Lucia ("Devil May Cry"). (^_^)

6 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard ("Gunbird"), Alucard ("Dracula"/"Castlevania") and Alucard ("Hellsing"). (^_^)

7 - NeoRyu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (´・ー・`)

8 - -

I'm already adding the French Blades team! If you want your favorite trio of characters in to take on the champs, make your team now! Otherwise, the final team will be created via random select! The tournament will start on Sunday!

Just a Person
2123th Post

"Re(1):One slot left!" , posted Fri 28 Jun 22:37post reply

Can I say neo0r0chiaku's team is brilliant? I guess I already have a favorite team in this tournament...

That is, unless the final entry manages to be even more brilliant.

"Re(2):One slot left!" , posted Sat 29 Jun 02:37post reply

Sorry all. There's a chance the tournament may start tomorrow. Factor in the time difference, and you'll know why I typed tomorrow being a possible start date.

quote:
Can I say neo0r0chiaku's team is brilliant? I guess I already have a favorite team in this tournament...

That is, unless the final entry manages to be even more brilliant.

I'll guarantee this. The final team has classic bosses/villains meaning that you'll definitely see an evil team in Round 2. Of course, the other one must pack up for Cancún early. As I typed, I'm using the Random Select method, and I already have a spinner with 6 game villains and 6 anime/manga villains.

"2019's teams list. Oh brother." , posted Sat 29 Jun 03:02post reply

4 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai ("GD"/"FF"/"KoF"), Yuri ("RnK"/"AoF"/"KoF") and Fuu ("Mahou Kishi Rayearth"/"Magic Knight Rayearth"). (^_^)

5 - Just a Person - The French Blades Team - Oscar, André ("Versailles no Bara"/"The Rose of Versailles") and Lucia ("Devil May Cry"). (^_^)

8 - Capcom and Shuueisha - 2019 Random Select Boss Team: Vega/M. Bison ("SF"/the various Capcom series), Dio ("Jojo") and Sousuke ("Bleach"). (^_^)

Spinner, I like you, but you just had to land on Dictator and Dio. Why? Why?!

There you go. There's your team list of 2019. I'll make the polls either tomorrow or the day after.

Just a Person
2124th Post

"Re(1):2019's teams list. Oh brother." , posted Sat 29 Jun 03:55post reply

quote:
8 - Capcom and Shuueisha - 2019 Random Select Boss Team: Vega/M. Bison ("SF"/the various Capcom series), Dio ("Jojo") and Sousuke ("Bleach").

Oh my... Dictator and Dio in the same team? That's a partnership I never knew that I always wanted (but now I do)!

Great choice!

"Re(2):2019's teams list. Oh brother." , posted Sat 29 Jun 04:23post reply

quote:
8 - Capcom and Shuueisha - 2019 Random Select Boss Team: Vega/M. Bison ("SF"/the various Capcom series), Dio ("Jojo") and Sousuke ("Bleach").

Oh my... Dictator and Dio in the same team? That's a partnership I never knew that I always wanted (but now I do)!

Great choice!

Indeed! Even if both teams of yours go to Cancún early, you and others have another team to root for.

"'King of Fighters CX', Kachou on!" , posted Sun 30 Jun 09:04post reply

Starting the tournament now!