April Fools thread of disappointments - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1198 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 03:19post reply

Once again 04/01 is upon us and we will be visited by delights that shall never be realized!

To kick things off, here's Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku as a turn based RPG:
It actually looks like it'd be a really good mobile game...

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(1):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 04:39post reply

There's been a cavalcade of people who think that the Heisei era is ending on April 1, when it's actually April 30. I'm hoping for a bunch of fake era names to be announced for April Fool's, but we'll see.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(1):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 04:43post reply

Power to the Earth!

"Re(2):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 10:25post reply

The EDF got sick of the earth and headed to the moon, becoming the GDF.

KTallguy
1530th Post

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 11:57post reply

quote:
There's been a cavalcade of people who think that the Heisei era is ending on April 1, when it's actually April 30. I'm hoping for a bunch of fake era names to be announced for April Fool's, but we'll see.

They just announced the new name, 令和。

Hopefully it wasn't a joke ;)

"Re(3):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 12:36post reply

Platinnum Games loses the chance to make the best game they've ever made by relegating this game to a mere April Fools joke

neo0r0chiaku
476th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
Gold Customer

"Re(4):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 12:43post reply

quote:
Platinnum Games loses the chance to make the best game they've ever made by relegating this game to a mere April Fools joke

Either they are grinding our gears or some genius puppet payed a social media expert over 100000 yen to make this the most detailed and best looking April fools joke ever.
R-Type Final 2 website
Trailer

Long Live I AM!

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(4):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 12:44:post reply

quote:
They just announced the new name, 令和。
Oh for hell's sake. I don't care if it kind of comes from Manyoushuu, "Reiwa" still completely sucks. Suga is a humorless goon, but maybe, just mayyybe that picture of him holding up the new era name is a rare joke.
quote:
XXXX loses the chance to make the best game they've ever made by relegating this game to a mere April Fools joke

This is increasingly the theme of video game April Fool's, but who knows, maybe Fighting EX Layer will start a trend of jokes becoming reality!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 1 Apr 12:45]

"Re(5):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 15:02post reply

Umihara Kawase's April Fools crossover brings nothing but tears

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 19:46:post reply

quote:
They just announced the new name, 令和。 Oh for hell's sake. I don't care if it kind of comes from Manyoushuu, "Reiwa" still completely sucks. Suga is a humorless goon, but maybe, just mayyybe that picture of him holding up the new era name is a rare joke. XXXX loses the chance to make the best game they've ever made by relegating this game to a mere April Fools joke
This is increasingly the theme of video game April Fool's, but who knows, maybe Fighting EX Layer will start a trend of jokes becoming reality!

I agree Suga is humorless but I don't mind Reiwa... it has sort of a peaceful feeling to it. I kinda wish 昭和 (showa) and 令和 (reiwa) didn't both have 和 in them though. A little bit old hat.

Also that Yakuza april fools is really, really expensive looking haha. I kinda love it. R-Type might actually be... real?

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Mon 1 Apr 19:47]

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(3):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 22:14post reply

This feels like the ultimate outcome of the FGC's attempts at sponsorship.

quote:
The EDF got sick of the earth and headed to the moon, becoming the GDF.

This video went on for an eternity. Plus, considering D3's usual output this joke feels like another day at the office.

Lord SNK
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Mon 1 Apr 23:12post reply

Everything coming to switch

"Re(5):April Fools thread of disappointments" , posted Tue 2 Apr 02:22post reply

quote:

Heck, maybe Fighting EX Layer will just have April Fools as an official announcement day!