- Street Fighter V AE / Jan 17
- Dragon Ball FighterZ / Jan 26, Feb 1
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] / JP:2017 , NA^EU: Feb 9
- Blazblue Cross Tag Battle / May 31
- Fighting EX Layer / June 24
- Blade Strangers / Arcade:Aug 8, PS4|Switch: Aug 30
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy / September 9

- Soul Calibur VI / October 19
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversay Collection (feat.Exodus) / May 29 | JP: October 25
- Million Arthur Arcana Blood / PS4: November 29
- Smash Bros. Switch / December 7
- Guilty Gear XX ACore Plus R for Nintendo Switch / TBA
- Kungfu vs Karate / Arcades: TBA | Steam: July 26

Replies:
Professor
5509th Post

user profileedit/delete message
MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Thu 27 Sep 17:26post reply

Out of curiousity--- is anyone here planning on getting Soul Calibur 6 or Million Aurther for PS4? Depending on the number, I might host a lagfest for that.

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Thu 27 Sep 21:44post reply

I'm picking up SC6 although I haven't touched the series in forever and a day. Once I figure out what the buttons do I would be up for a few embarrassing matches.

Professor
5510th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Thu 27 Sep 22:47post reply

quote:
I'm picking up SC6 although I haven't touched the series in forever and a day. Once I figure out what the buttons do I would be up for a few embarrassing matches.

Cool, we can try it out if you're interested-- I don't know the series at all but the soul will never die.

REMINDER: There's an open beta this weekend for console platforms!

neo0r0chiaku
437th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
Gold Customer

"Re(2):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Thu 27 Sep 23:33post reply

quote:
Out of curiousity--- is anyone here planning on getting Soul Calibur 6 or Million Aurther for PS4? Depending on the number, I might host a lagfest for that.

I pre ordered SC6 and same with me, I have not played since um 2 in full? I played others but reaaaaaal briefly. Mainly just part 4.

For Million Arthur is it the same like Arcana Hearts? I mean I fell asleep on that game. How do you fall asleep while playing fighting games?

Long Live I AM!

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(4):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Fri 28 Sep 04:25:post reply

Oh I'm definitely getting SC6. I might even get serious about it haha.

quote:

REMINDER: There's an open beta this weekend for console platforms!

Yup! And it's free afaik, no purchase needed. It starts tomorrow, but if you're on PS4 you can queue it up for download here starting today. (At least for NA, not sure if this links to a EU or JP release.)

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 28 Sep 04:26]

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(5):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Fri 28 Sep 07:01:post reply

I will almost certainly get Soul Calibur VI, at the risk of getting my heart broken again, and not to fear, Prof---the series has kind of sucked since the nearly perfect first two entries, so it will be new all over again for many of us, too!

...the caveat is that I'm not sure my computer can meet the minimum requirements, so I'm waiting for you, the Cafe clientele, to tell me whether it's worth an upgrade!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Fri 28 Sep 08:12]

Mosquiton
2391th Post

"Re(6):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Fri 28 Sep 07:45post reply

quote:
I will almost certainly get Soul Calibur VI, at the risk of getting my heart broken again, and not to fear, Prof---the series has kind of sucked since the nearly perfect first two entries, so it will be new all over again for many of us, too!

...the caveat is that I'm not sure my computer can meet the minimum requirements, so I'm waiting for you, the Cafe clientelle, to tell me whether it's worth an upgrade!

My wife heard of a pretty sweet Amazon deal during E3 and pre-ordered the game for 50 bucks Canadian (which is kind of a steal, since it's now CDN $80). So looks like I'll be playing thanks to her.

/ / /

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(7):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Fri 28 Sep 08:13post reply

quote:

My wife heard of a pretty sweet Amazon deal during E3 and pre-ordered the game for 50 bucks Canadian (which is kind of a steal, since it's now CDN $80). So looks like I'll be playing thanks to her.

Truly an outstanding woman! Ah, takes me back to the old days...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

PSN: SeizyaStarlight

"Re(2):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Fri 28 Sep 10:00post reply

quote:

My youngest brother already pre-ordered "SCVI". As much as I want to get the latest "MA" game now, I already planned on getting the latest "Toejam and Earl" and "Streets of Rage" games. I will have a delay set until next year most likely.

PSN: Ishmael26b
CFN: Ishmael26b

"Re(3):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Sun 30 Sep 08:51post reply

Did anyone get a chance to try out the SC6 demo? I would be curious to hear the reactions of those who know the series think of the new mechanics and general gameplay. Since I've never been any good at SC I can't comment on that aspect of the game. Still, I liked it even if I couldn't comprehend it!

One thing that did stick with me when playing was how smooth the movement is. When compared to the ducking shuffle of Tekken characters moving SC characters around a ring is a joy.

As for characters I tried a few rounds with Taki, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Geralt, and Zasalamel. The demo was surprisingly generous with the amount of playable characters. All that, and I didn't have to face any Nightmares online. That was such a stroke of good luck I probably should have been out buying lottery tickets instead. It's too early to tell who is going to be good or bad, although Talim and that anime guy seem like they have some cheap tricks. What is important is that everyone felt fun to play. I think it's going to be good to have SC back.

neo0r0chiaku
440th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
Gold Customer

"Re(4):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Sun 30 Sep 09:22post reply

quote:
Did anyone get a chance to try out the SC6 demo? I would be curious to hear the reactions of those who know the series think of the new mechanics and general gameplay. Since I've never been any good at SC I can't comment on that aspect of the game. Still, I liked it even if I couldn't comprehend it!

One thing that did stick with me when playing was how smooth the movement is. When compared to the ducking shuffle of Tekken characters moving SC characters around a ring is a joy.

As for characters I tried a few rounds with Taki, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Geralt, and Zasalamel. The demo was surprisingly generous with the amount of playable characters. All that, and I didn't have to face any Nightmares online. That was such a stroke of good luck I probably should have been out buying lottery tickets instead. It's too early to tell who is going to be good or bad, although Talim and that anime guy seem like they have some cheap tricks. What is important is that everyone felt fun to play. I think it's going to be good to have SC back.

How can we get the demo? I tried searching on the playstation store and didn't find it.

Long Live I AM!

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
CFN: Gojira

"Re(4):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Sun 30 Sep 10:15:post reply

quote:

I'm definitely playing it, but I can't really comment on anyone except Kilik because fights become scarcer at a lower level, which means I had to win my way to people with half-decent connections in order to get the best experience. I had to pick a character to be good with and learn as much as I could about them, and Kilik's really the only one in the demo I know more than a little about. If not for that issue I definitely would be trying to get a broader experience, but I guess that will have to wait until it's released in a couple more weeks.

As for how it feels, that is also a little hard to say without an offline comparison. When it feels good it feels good, but sometimes it also feels bad. There are times I can't tell if my timing is bad or a lag spike is affecting it, and it's probably both. So I have no baseline for how responsive the game is actually meant to be.

That said, there's a mix of good and bad. It's mostly good, but...

The good is the meter management, the return of guard impact as a defensive option, the light movement speed with decently-sized stages, and the lethal hit system which is cute, a bunch of specific moves with mini-tasks you can do during a match to break armor and get a big old stun/launcher. One of Kilik's for example is hitting his 4A 4 times, which is hilarious since this move is a low attack that Kiliks have been famous for spamming in every SC. He even counts along with it so that you know how many you've hit. Everyone has at least several of these, thought not all of them are as simple.

The bad is the reversal edge mechanic, which I'm being a little hard on only because it's very hard to read and even harder to tell if you're actually doing anything, rather detrimental to any learning. There's a flowchart out there that explains how it works and it's sickeningly complicated. But after all that, the good is that once you know what the initial attack looks like, it's easy to dodge and punish it.

Also Nightmare is a personal bad for me because he's ugly and safe and his moves are gross

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sun 30 Sep 10:17]

Professor
5514th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Fighting Game Thread Fall 2018" , posted Sun 30 Sep 23:37post reply

quote:
How can we get the demo? I tried searching on the playstation store and didn't find it.

According to a previous post by Gojira, this link should send you to its download queue though I'm not sure if it's now changed. I tried word searching and it came up for me on JPSN.

I've only been able to play it a short time yesterday and hoping to do so a bit more before it ends tomorrow. There isn't much I can say since I haven't played the series since 2 and back then it was completely casual, but from what it felt like...

1/ The online seemed fine, at least from a casual player's perspective. A few connections were plain horrible from the opposing player very obviously using wireless connection.

2/ The new system in some ways is a scary thought. Basically it's a dodge attack which when hits, forces the opponent to go into a rocks-paper-sissors game. I think there's more to it than that, but not sure.

3/ I wish there was training mode while waiting for the connection!