user profileedit/delete message
PSN: SeizyaStarlight
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' - Finals" , posted Sat 21 Jul 01:59post reply

Holy cow! There will be a new "KoF" champion! The question is "Will another vet pair get the monkey of their backs or will it be a batch of rookies who will get the title?" now. You know what to do.

4 - Sei's brother - New Charlie's Angels Team: Mary ("GD"/"KoF"), King ("RnK"/"KoF") and Yang ("RWBY"/"Blazblue Cross Tag")/(^_^) vs. 6 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon")/(^_^)
あたたたたた!(・ω・)

Replies:

"Re(1):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' - Finals" , posted Sat 21 Jul 02:08post reply

If Mai and Yuri managed to get the monkey of their backs last year, so should Mary and King this year. They deserve this year's title badly. I mean, King had an individual title taken away only because she's a lady that can kick your derriere and give you an elegant cup of wine after. Also, Mary had her partner killed by Geese. They need the title bad, which is why I'm voting for them.

Just a Person
1990th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' - Finals" , posted Mon 23 Jul 21:31:post reply

Wow, I'm surprised the Evil Teddies Team managed to reach the finals! I guess we're really living times of despair... upupupu!

But this will be a tough match, for sure. As the team leader, Monokuma should better use all of his techniques...

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Mon 23 Jul 22:17]

"Re(3):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' - Finals" , posted Tue 24 Jul 15:15post reply

quote:
Wow, I'm surprised the Evil Teddies Team managed to reach the finals! I guess we're really living times of despair... upupupu!

But this will be a tough match, for sure. As the team leader, Monokuma should better use all of his techniques...

Somehow, if the bears win, I'll probably just send Stormtroopers to take them to Japan because I have no creative dialogue for them. w

"2018 Finals Warning" , posted Thu 26 Jul 22:34post reply

The title will be awarded tomorrow! If you haven't done so by now, vote, especially since this Finals battle is much closer than last year's! Get a friend to vote if you're not confident about your rooted team's chances.

"'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Sat 28 Jul 03:07:post reply

The Bears win 5-4!

Somewhere in Los Angeles

*On the podium are the Evil Bears Team, the New Charlie's Angels Team and the Tough Barely Young Ladies Team (overall points if I recall).*

Me - Congratulations on getting 2018's "King of Fighters" title, the first not only evil team, but all non-series vets team and all non-humans team to win it, the Evil Bears Team! To help you all celebrate in Japan, I've arranged a special ship with Stormtroopers!

Crowd - Yeah!

The Bears - Banzai!

Bodyguard #1 - Sir, are you sure that's a good idea?

Bodyguard #2 - They can make a mess over there!

Me - I'm sure. Even if the scene gets ugly, I gave Leona-san and Whip-san who are also in the suits magical wands.

*The bodyguards nod.*

Stormtrooper leader - Let's go!

The Bears - Yeah!

Me - Ah, right. The photo.

*Insert the usual credits and special bits.*

"Za Kingu obu Faitaazu!"

---

Voice Actors

Host/Announcer - Don "Seizya" Umali

---

Special Thanks

Professor
Seizya
Justice Kyo
Neoryu
Sei's Brother
Just a Person
Neo0r0chiaku
Konami
Sunrise
You

---

Produced by

SNK

---

*Old SNK melody is played, as the photo of the Bears and the Stormtroopers celebrating appears.*

Evil Teddies Team

Congratulations!

Thank you for playing!

---

If you guys have suggestions, I'm all ears!

Just a Person

Now, because your bears team won, and it seemed like the bears can take on any slot, your bears now have next year's #1 slot. I'm now forced to take the #4 slot, as my brother gets the #2 slot, and I don't want to face him until the Finals. He's decided to replace Mary with Talim, but because of the change, his team doesn't get the bonus anymore. Athena and Usagi/Moon are in my new team, but I don't know if the final member will be Minako/Venus or Nakoruru yet. More likely the former.

Edit: forgot to announce the score.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Wed 1 Aug 15:50]

Just a Person
1993th Post

"Re(1):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Wed 1 Aug 05:20post reply

The Evil Teddies... won?? The Evil Teddies won! YAY!!

I can contribute a little to the ending, if you're okay with it:

Monokuma - Upupupupu!! We proved we are unbeatable!

Shadow Teddie - Yeah!!

WaruMonzaemon - ...Affirmative.

*the crowd cheers loudly*

Monokuma - Now, it's time you idiots fall into... DESPAIR!!

*the crowd continues to cheer*

WaruMonzaemon - ...They don't seem like they're feeling any despair.

Monokuma - WHAT?? Dammit!! Let's see if these idiots will still feel this way after I put them all in my next killing game!

*meanwhile, in the crowd...*

Fuu - Killing game?? That's terrible! We need to stop them!

King - Eh, don't bother.

Noel - But... but... I'm sorry to argue against you, but if they do this, people will die! Shouldn't we call the Investigation Team, or the Future Foundation, or the Digidestined children?

King - I don't think so. Just watch...

*back on the stage*

Shadow Teddie - Killing game? Whatever, Monokuma, you can do it as a final game for whoever is the silly human controlling you; now the Shadows can finally take over this stupid world!

WaruMonzaemon - ...Wrong. I already have an army of Virus digimon ready to merge this world and the Digiworld. ...Is that despairful enough?

Monokuma - Do Shadows or Virus digimon fall into despair?

Shadow Teddie - Nope.

WaruMonzaemon - ...No.

Monokuma - Then you will only invade this world over my dead robotic body!!

Shadow Teddie - Wanna fight? Bring it on!

*and the three of them literally rip each other apart, while the crowd keeps cheering them... including Noel*

Fuu - Why are you cheering them? They are evil!

Noel - Uh, sorry... it's just... they are SO CUTE!!

Yuri - Could this be the reason why these people are cheering?

Yang - Yup.

Yuri - ...Okay, then.

And so the Evil Teddies' reign began... and ended, in a matter of minutes, as their remains are spread throughout the stage, until they get rebuilt. But until that happens, it will already be time for another tournament...

FIN

---

quote:
Just a Person

Now, because your bears team won, and it seemed like the bears can take on any slot, your bears now have next year's #1 slot. I'm now forced to take the #4 slot, as my brother gets the #2 slot, and I don't want to face him until the Finals. He's decided to replace Mary with Talim, but because of the change, his team doesn't get the bonus anymore. Athena and Usagi/Moon are in my new team, but I don't know if the final member will be Minako/Venus or Nakoruru yet. More likely the former.

Okay, so they get the #1 slot! Hopefully they will have their bodies ready in time for next year.

"Re(2):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Wed 1 Aug 16:09post reply

Thank you for the dialogue. Hard to muster up creative dialogue as you run an actual contest in addition to this tournament. Ha ha ha! Oh, which Fuu observed as well? "Rayearth's" or "Samurai Champloo's"?

quote:
Okay, so they get the #1 slot! Hopefully they will have their bodies ready in time for next year.

I hope so also. Can't have next year's tournament without them. Oh, Minako's the third member for me. If Nakoruru's going to be in "KoF" again assuming that I choose her to be on a team, it'll be with Rimururu and "Shaman King's" Pirika to form the Ainu team.

Just a Person
1994th Post

"Re(3):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Thu 2 Aug 00:48post reply

quote:
Thank you for the dialogue. Hard to muster up creative dialogue as you run an actual contest in addition to this tournament. Ha ha ha! Oh, which Fuu observed as well? "Rayearth's" or "Samurai Champloo's"?

It's Rayearth's Fuu; Samurai Champloo's Fuu was charmed by the teddy bears' cuteness like most of the crowd.

PSN: n/a
Wii: NNID:sfried
Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Thu 2 Aug 06:59post reply

Kim Kaphwan has the greatest animated pants in fighting game history!

"Re(5):'KoF 2018 Cafe Special' Champs" , posted Thu 2 Aug 16:51post reply

quote:

It's Rayearth's Fuu; Samurai Champloo's Fuu was charmed by the teddy bears' cuteness like most of the crowd.

Ah, okay. Got it.

quote:
Kim Kaphwan has the greatest animated pants in fighting game history!

How has he not been present in the last 2 "KoF" tournaments? No clue.

"A forgotten rule pair and an addition" , posted Thu 27 Sep 03:07post reply

A sudden reply that needed to be brought up now. I know. A month plus, but this is warranted. I'm pretty sure that I didn't type a certain rule pair properly as the team I lead won last year, and I was willing to keep the team and slot anyway, but I better type it up.

* If your team does win the "KoF" tournament, they must not only accept the #1 slot for next year's tournament. They must keep themselves in tact. (So, in other words, you are not allowed to change members.)

* If your team is the runner-up, they must accept the #2 slot, but you're allowed to change a member if you wish.

Justice Kyo was fine being the #2 seed anyway, and he liked his team. So, that's why I had to wait a year to explain the rules. Yeah.

The addition. Starting next year, I'll add the Third Place poll. Why didn't I add them the first two years? If I had to properly type the reason, it's because aside from the unnecessary pain the teams that bounced out in Round 2 will need to go through, I thought that it's unnecessary filler, but I suppose now it can be good filler. Besides, I remembered that I carry magic to heal people instantly. I mean, Leona and Whip did carry magical wands after all.

Personal part. Though Mai, Yuri and Fuu only got fourth this year, they'll get one more go. They don't get a medal next year (top 3), I'm putting in Athena, Minako and Usagi instead because Kensou's girl has not won a tournament yet, and the most popular shoujo series doesn't have a champ yet. (As much as I love Ami, she doesn't carry a mamba's mentality to win in this tournament. Yet, Fuu is the same way, and she won a tournament. Go figure.)

Oh. If you're wondering how did I manage to host "KoF" even though Antonov has the rights, I have body guards help him out in some form like the forest. I hope he makes his next show better than his debut. At least when Mai, Yuri and Fuu won, people were happy for the vets. With Antonov, people felt like there's a "setup". (Trace back to his ending if you don't know what I'm pointing at.)

Okay. That's that. See you next year, as the tournament switches from L.A. to Tokyo assuming that there is a bad delay on "XV".

Just a Person
2017th Post

"Re(1):A forgotten rule pair and an addition" , posted Fri 28 Sep 22:37post reply

Cool! This year's tournament was very interesting, and I think next year's will be even better.

It seems that Monokuma, Shadow Teddie and WaruMonzaemon will be duly repaired in time for the next tournament. I'm still surprised they won... which makes me realize there should be more teddy bears in fighting games, don't you guys agree?

I also thought of a second team and their storyline (it's one Japanese fighting game character and two U.S. comic book heroes), although I only intend to register them in case people take too much time to fill all the slots for the tournament...

"Re(2):A forgotten rule pair and an addition" , posted Mon 1 Oct 13:24post reply

quote:
Cool! This year's tournament was very interesting, and I think next year's will be even better.

It seems that Monokuma, Shadow Teddie and WaruMonzaemon will be duly repaired in time for the next tournament. I'm still surprised they won... which makes me realize there should be more teddy bears in fighting games, don't you guys agree?

I also thought of a second team and their storyline (it's one Japanese fighting game character and two U.S. comic book heroes), although I only intend to register them in case people take too much time to fill all the slots for the tournament...

This year's tournament was weird, but it's noteworthy never the less. They'll be up next year. There are not enough bears. (Were you trying to make your "MvC2" team?)

Just a Person
2019th Post

"Re(3):A forgotten rule pair and an addition" , posted Mon 1 Oct 21:49post reply

quote:
This year's tournament was weird, but it's noteworthy never the less. They'll be up next year. There are not enough bears. (Were you trying to make your "MvC2" team?)

Basically, yes.

"Re(4):A forgotten rule pair and an addition" , posted Mon 1 Oct 22:44post reply

I take back what I said and typed. Mai, Yuri and Fuu get two more chances after this year to win the title or medal rather. They don't make that happen with either remaining chance, I'll switch the team up. I know that he's my youngest brother, but his switch will haunt him next year because teams without a bond don't do well here. (No team without a bond has reached the title bout.)

quote:

Basically, yes.

I actually do want to see this happen. Ha ha ha!