VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2371 Views )

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Mon 18 Jun 05:14post reply

I have no horse in this race, I just want to say VIVA MEXICO because they defeated Germany 1-0.

What about the rest of the cafe?
If the cafe were a real place, I would happily sit there and watch the world cup there, though!

Replies:
Neo0r0chiaku
405th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: IAMDC1
Wii: n/a
STM: dc202styles
CFN: n/a
Gold Customer

"Re(1):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Mon 18 Jun 08:34post reply

quote:
I have no horse in this race, I just want to say VIVA MEXICO because they defeated Germany 1-0.

If the cafe were a real place, I would happily sit there and watch the world cup there, though!

Count me in to watch as well. It should have ended 4-0. Are you from Mexico? I think the match that hurts the most so far was Peru against Denmark.

Long Live I AM!

"Re(2):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Mon 18 Jun 09:17:post reply

quote:
Are you from Mexico?

I am not from Mexico, but their doughty effort to topple one of the tournament favourites was terrific! Some have said that Mexico played the game like a team that had been preparing for this specific matchup since the last world cup!

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that literally every time I think of the phrase "VIVA MEXICO" it comes in Ramon's goofy KOF pronunciation of it.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Mon 18 Jun 14:29]

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(1):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Mon 18 Jun 09:47:post reply

quote:

What's a world cup? Can you eat it?

While my most recent soccer effort was probably that scene in FFVII where you can kick a soccer ball at Red XIII, I appreciate the worldiness of the sport and am perfectly happy drinking a Guiness in a random pub while other people yell about it, even if I feel there's an over-emphasis on chip damage.

BUT WHERE IS HAZZAN?

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Mon 18 Jun 09:49]

Neo0r0chiaku
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Tue 19 Jun 11:54post reply

quote:

What's a world cup? Can you eat it?

While my most recent soccer effort was probably that scene in FFVII where you can kick a soccer ball at Red XIII, I appreciate the worldiness of the sport and am perfectly happy drinking a Guiness in a random pub while other people yell about it, even if I feel there's an over-emphasis on chip damage.

BUT WHERE IS HAZZAN?

If you are in for the best antics and acting then look no further at the man they call NEYMAR

I still have not seen any major surprises or true upsets so far. Hopefully something dramatic comes forth soon. Also entertaining is many kit fails. Like patches on kits seem to be falling apart and even on Referees. A player from Saudi Arabia had is number eight upside down. Many matches with one team white and the other red. Red kits galore!

Long Live I AM!
KensouADV

67th Post

PSN: Mike_ADV
STM: tamakimike
Occasional Customer

"Re(2):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Thu 21 Jun 10:38:post reply

quote:

Count me in to watch as well. It should have ended 4-0. Are you from Mexico? I think the match that hurts the most so far was Peru against Denmark.

Well, after yesterday's match seeing Salah barely being able to play due to his injury (thanks Ramos) will probably get the trophy. Gareca was just insane for keeping Guerrero in the bench until Denmark scored since he was easily the best player and after everything they did to put the man in a WC. Considering how underwhelming France did against Australia I say we might have a good match tomorrow if Gareca doesn't throw the match (again).

I'm an avid fan of the sport and have Fluminense as my passion but I don't really give much support to (or care about) the Brazilian NT after the 2006 fiasco. 2014 tragedy could be a wake up call but federation, players and media basically put everything under the carpet and are still so hyped that a tie against one of the best recent European teams they all blame Neymar's hair or how the ref was biased against us.

Anyway, what a WC we're getting right now. Who would thought that Russia who (I think) didn't won a match for almost a year have a high possibility of advancing on first place or that Japan of all teams would win against Colombia (thanks Sánchez) or that they could win at all (since when Kagawa started playing well again)? Will Ronaldo be the top goalscorer still in the group stage? How far Iceland will make this time? How Belgium, England, RonaldoPortugal, will do in the knockout stage onwards? Will Argentina even qualify? Will Mexico finally do it this time (they have a really favorable history against Brazil in knockout stages)?

Also, how are you guys feeling the new VAR? There were some really questionable stuff like Falcão diving for Quinteros tie in that free kick and half of the match England had against Tunisia. I mean, what the hell was that?

The only bad thing about hte WC is that I basically gave up video games so I could watch the matches in my free time. And there are A LOT of matches in the group stage. I have no idea what happened after E3 besides a few SNK related stuff.

[this message was edited by KensouADV on Thu 21 Jun 10:40]

PSN: SeizyaStarlight

"Re(1):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Fri 22 Jun 04:20post reply

quote:

I'm bad for saying that I want everyone to lose. To be serious though, seeing that the U.S. is enjoying Cancún (an amusing way of saying and typing that they're out), I'm rooting for Panama even though they're not great because that's the only country with Earthquakes players. I guess I'll wait for next year, as the U.S. ladies team's way better than the men's.

neo0r0chiaku
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Fri 22 Jun 05:28post reply

quote:

Well, after yesterday's match seeing Salah barely being able to play due to his injury (thanks Ramos) will probably get the trophy. Gareca was just insane for keeping Guerrero in the bench until Denmark scored since he was easily the best player and after everything they did to put the man in a WC. Considering how underwhelming France did against Australia I say we might have a good match tomorrow if Gareca doesn't throw the match (again).

I'm an avid fan of the sport and have Fluminense as my passion but I don't really give much support to (or care about) the Brazilian NT after the 2006 fiasco. 2014 tragedy could be a wake up call but federation, players and media basically put everything under the carpet and are still so hyped that a tie against one of the best recent European teams they all blame Neymar's hair or how the ref was biased against us.

Anyway, what a WC we're getting right now. Who would thought that Russia who (I think) didn't won a match for almost a year have a high possibility of advancing on first place or that Japan of all teams would win against Colombia (tha

-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

I am not sure what the situation is with Salah and Guerrero. My only guess is a similar incident like Ronaldo in the 98 final. Liverpool may have prevented him from playing. FIFA said Guerrero can play as long as he does not start the first game. Now both are out sadly.

Morocco, Egypt, and Peru are far better teams than Group D. Argentina should have never made it to the World Cup and they are trash. Not playing pure Argentine football and relying on Euro style by Messi. He has always been a burden and should have left a long time ago. You can never succeed as a nation if you change your coach two times during qualifications. So thats there fault they got what they deserve. This is coming from a longtime fan of Argentina.

Sorry but Neymar was playing like a high school kid who kept the ball so long until he gets fouled and complains. Hopefully it does not turn to the Neymar show from now on.

Japan unfortunately is disappointing also. Would only know unless you follow them. They are not the team like there were in 2010. 2014 they could have been great but chose the wrong players for the 2014 WC. Players that weren't even in qualification. That cost them. Now they are relying on there older players and not utilizing there young players.

They got lucky since Colombia is not that amazing team and mentality like in 2014. They could have not qualified also since the last game against Peru, people said they came into an agreement to keep it a tie game for both to qualify. They struggled in qualification. So unless both teams make some dramatic changes, they might not go far.

I hate the VAR. As I knew, it only benefited most of the UEFA teams like France, Spain, and Portugal.

Long Live I AM!
KensouADV

68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Fri 22 Jun 12:02:post reply

quote:
I FIFA said Guerrero can play as long as he does not start the first game. Now both are out sadly.

What? To FIFA, Guerrero is still banned due to WADA sanctions. He got an interin order in the swiss court. And I guess you're not really aware of what happened in the last CL finals or the history Ramos has in his career.

Well, Japan I was surprise because they were doing pretty bad recently. Watched the friendly against Switzerland and that was pretty sad. I admit I didn't watch much Bundesliga but I know Kagawa's club was relegated and remember Osako because of a Suruga Cup against São Paulo. I didn't even know Honda was still in active.

Neymar is also not fully healed from his injury 3~4 months ago and only played like 2 friendlies recently before the World Cup since then. And now our RB has an injury and won't play tomorrow so, considering Dani Alves had a knee injury and wasn't even called, we'll go with the highly questinable Fagner (who also got back from an injury and doesn't play since April) possibily until the end.

I kind of understands why he calls for a foul. He's great at free kicks and the team has a many options for that situation but the overreaction shouldn't be "necessary" with the VAR even if the refs ignoring Kane being tackled against Tunisia. I guess he's just used to in his leagues. It's a pretty bad behaviour and example here. I don't get how much attention and respect he gets from the media when Marcelo and Coutinho many times are doing better than him in their positions.

As for Argentina, I honestly can't stop laughting after today's match. I knew Croatia was the better team since before the WC start but why Armani is benching for Caballero and what Sampaoli had in mind with the guys he put on the field to start today? Well, I had 7-1 vibes in that third goal.

All in all, I think South American football needs a lot of reflection as a whole. Before Tite, Brazil wasn't even qualifying and even with him, I'm afraid the team is not only too relying on Neymar but he has basically one way to play and nothing more. There's no backup and the media keeps buzzing about the absence of Luan and Arthur who won Libertadores last year and having so many players who were recently injured (Neymar, Jesus, Fagner) of barely even played this year like Renato Augusto among other questionable stuff. I just hope to not embarrass the nation against Costa Rica (I have no idea how Serbia is besides the match last week).

quote:

I'm bad for saying that I want everyone to lose. To be serious though, seeing that the U.S. is enjoying Cancún (an amusing way of saying and typing that they're out), I'm rooting for Panama even though they're not great because that's the only country with Earthquakes players. I guess I'll wait for next year, as the U.S. ladies team's way better than the men's.

Well, USA lost to Trinidad and Tobago in the last match of the qualifiers. If there's some "traditional" country that didn't deserve a spot it is them for sure. The USA NT needs a renovation and start working to do a good job in 8 years.

Also, Hope is way overrated and both Marta and Cristiane not winning a WC or an Olympic medal at least is the biggest crime in the Women's "side" of the sport. 2016 hurt so bad as how everyone was cheering for them even more than the male squad (well, it's a second grade tournament because of FIFA) only to lose due to how limited the squad is (Cristiane injury and the goalkeeper) and cruel the knockout stage is. Here they don't even broadcast most tournaments or only has the highlights after 00:00.

[this message was edited by KensouADV on Fri 22 Jun 12:05]

"Re(5):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Sat 23 Jun 04:21post reply

quote:

Well, USA lost to Trinidad and Tobago in the last match of the qualifiers. If there's some "traditional" country that didn't deserve a spot it is them for sure. The USA NT needs a renovation and start working to do a good job in 8 years.

Also, Hope is way overrated and both Marta and Cristiane not winning a WC or an Olympic medal at least is the biggest crime in the Women's "side" of the sport. 2016 hurt so bad as how everyone was cheering for them even more than the male squad (well, it's a second grade tournament because of FIFA) only to lose due to how limited the squad is (Cristiane injury and the goalkeeper) and cruel the knockout stage is. Here they don't even broadcast most tournaments or only has the highlights after 00:00.

So mad about that wasted opportunity. I don't like rebuilding, but it must be done. Then again, I recall the process done 9 years ago on a different sport to see fruition.

Hope has skill, but not that demeanor. I'm surprised that Marta doesn't have either. For a player that good, you figured she has either one, but she may sadly be the John Stockton/Charles Barkley/Patrick Ewing/insert legend that never won a title of women's futbol (though those guys won a medal or two).

neo0r0chiaku
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):VIVA MEXICO: World Cup Thread" , posted Wed 27 Jun 02:39post reply

quote:
I FIFA said Guerrero can play as long as he does not start the first game. Now both are out sadly.

What? To FIFA, Guerrero is still banned due to WADA sanctions. He got an interin order in the swiss court. And I guess you're not really aware of what happened in the last CL finals or the history Ramos has in his career.

Well, Japan I was surprise because they were doing pretty bad recently. Watched the friendly against Switzerland and that was pretty sad. I admit I didn't watch much Bundesliga but I know Kagawa's club was relegated and remember Osako because of a Suruga Cup against São Paulo. I didn't even know Honda was still in active.

Neymar is also not fully healed from his injury 3~4 months ago and only played like 2 friendlies recently before the World Cup since then. And now our RB has an injury and won't play tomorrow so, considering Dani Alves had a knee injury and wasn't even called, we'll go with the highly questinable Fagner (who also got back from an injury and doesn't play since April) possibily until the end.

I kind of understands why he calls for a foul. He's great at free kicks and the team has a many options for that situation but the overreaction shouldn't be "necessary" with the VAR even if the refs ignor

yes I know about Salahs injury and Guerrero suspension. I as speculating that from what I mentioned before about why they didn't play the first game. If Salah wwas it to play why didn't he play the first game? If Guerrero was able to play why didn't he start?

It felt as though something behind the scene prevented Salah to play the first game. The second he didn't do much and allowed Russia to win. Salah is not saying he will retire from national team. So whats the deal? It also felt like fifa told Peru and Guerrero that he can play the world cup as long as he doesn't start the first game and allow Denmark to win. I don't know something fishy about both situations.

And VAR? this whole tournament has been fishy like every other edition. Like always it caters to European teams. So will see how things turn out this week.

Long Live I AM!

"Re(6):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Thu 28 Jun 02:45post reply

Germany doesn't advance!
Sweden does!
Mexico advances!

Amazing.

"Re(7):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Fri 29 Jun 03:28:post reply

quote:
Germany doesn't advance!
Sweden does!
Mexico advances!

Amazing.

I suppose El Tri fans got Korean food for lunch yesterday? (・ω・)

I no longer have a team to root for. Panama's out. I might as well look forward to America beating Japan in the Softball World Cup.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Fri 29 Jun 18:59]

KensouADV

68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Sun 1 Jul 00:02post reply

quote:
Germany doesn't advance!
Sweden does!
Mexico advances!

Amazing.

I suppose El Tri fans got Korean food for lunch yesterday? (・ω・)

I no longer have a team to root for. Panama's out. I might as well look forward to America beating Japan in the Softball World Cup.

They went to the embassy to thank the consul and there are some videos on social media of mexicans carrying random koreans on the streets celebrating.

If you like rooting for countries with regular earthquakes and impossible tasks upon them, you have your good old Japan with its crazy coach who changed 6 players for the last match and risked everything when they were losing the last match against Poland by taking inspiration on Guardiola and simply started touching the ball around without attacking until the match ended making everyone furious with them since they were advancing through the fair play rule.

As for our Women's NT, we have Marta and Cristiane as examples of ones of the greatest players but our defense is pretty bad. Our goalkeeper was like 1,70m but tall girls are more inclined to play volleyball or basketball that are much more economically viable for them, better history public acceptance and better structure here (I guess that's relatable to Hope's recent statement about football in USA). That's why I cheered so much during the 2016 Olympics. But Sweden had really strong defense and barely any offence ut enough to eliminating both USA and Brazil who felt the result so bad they ended up in 4th.

quote:
yes I know about Salahs injury and Guerrero suspension. I as speculating that from what I mentioned before about why they didn't play the first game. If Salah wwas it to play why didn't he play the first game? If Guerrero was able to play why didn't he start?

It felt as though something behind the scene prevented Salah to play the first game. The second he didn't do much and allowed Russia to win. Salah is not saying he will retire from national team. So whats the deal? It also felt like fifa told Peru and Guerrero that he can play the world cup as long as he doesn't start the first game and allow Denmark to win. I don't know something fishy about both situations.

And VAR? this whole tournament has been fishy like every other edition. Like always it caters to European teams. So will see how things turn out this week.

Well, Salah was cleary not even close of being recovered and was in no condition to play at all. I wonder how bad it would be if someone tackled him or some other kind of serious foul. As for Guerrero, I have no idea. He did play a few matches for his club before the decision to extend his suspension by WADA. Gareca was just really stupid. Denmark is clearly worse than many 3rd place teams like Iran and Senegal and probably just made an easier path to Croatia.

As for the VAR, after yesteday's statement by FIFA I agree that's really messed up. How the hell you say that Nigeria x Argentina wasn't a penalty but the day right before in the same situation they called a foul against Portugal? And why nobody even question the Boateng's case? Also many and many situations like Tunisia x England, Switzerland x Serbia and few others. It's like the guy on the local radio said here: "Before the VAR, the fan had the feeling his club was robbed after the match when leaving the stadium, now he's absolutely sure".

Well, for Brazil, I think Mexico is the worst outcome as how they are efficient at counters like they did with Germany and Brazil is a pretty strong offensive team but the right side is much weaker compared to the left one since we're basically using our 3rd option due to injures. Plus, Ochoa is a great keeper and as long as Alvarez don't do stupid stuff like against Sweden, Brazil will have problems since our coach insists with Jesus starting instead of Firmino who had a much better season in his club.

Professor
5461th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Sun 1 Jul 01:30:post reply

quote:
If you like rooting for countries with regular earthquakes and impossible tasks upon them, you have your good old Japan with its crazy coach who changed 6 players for the last match and risked everything when they were losing the last match against Poland by taking inspiration on Guardiola and simply started touching the ball around without attacking until the match ended making everyone furious with them since they were advancing through the fair play rule.

Japan's team has understandingly been criticized by the locals for their play against Poland, though if they played normally and lost more points they woud've been criticized either way. It's a tough world in Worldcuplandia.

There's this image going around of what the finals look like when the teams get replaced with Dragon Quest characters (based on world cup rankings and DQMJ2 stats).

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 1 Jul 08:22]

"Re(10):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Mon 2 Jul 19:09post reply

quote:

They went to the embassy to thank the consul and there are some videos on social media of mexicans carrying random koreans on the streets celebrating.

As for our Women's NT, we have Marta and Cristiane as examples of ones of the greatest players but our defense is pretty bad. Our goalkeeper was like 1,70m but tall girls are more inclined to play volleyball or basketball that are much more economically viable for them, better history public acceptance and better structure here (I guess that's relatable to Hope's recent statement about football in USA). That's why I cheered so much during the 2016 Olympics. But Sweden had really strong defense and barely any offence ut enough to eliminating both USA and Brazil who felt the result so bad they ended up in 4th.

I did type that I was rooting for Panama, as that's the only country with Earthquakes players. The reason why the "E" in "Earthquakes" is capitalized is because I'm pointing at my home city team, the Earthquakes. Godoy and Cummings are the players by the way. So, with the team now enjoying Cancún, I can't cheer for anyone anymore.

Brazil really is unlucky in women soccer. Sigh. C'est la vie.

quote:
Japan's team has understandingly been criticized by the locals for their play against Poland, though if they played normally and lost more points they woud've been criticized either way. It's a tough world in Worldcuplandia.

There's this image going around of what the finals look like when the teams get replaced with Dragon Quest characters (based on world cup rankings and DQMJ2 stats).

Ha ha ha! Amazing!

KensouADV

70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!... what" , posted Mon 2 Jul 21:21post reply

quote:

I bet that if they make the miracle of beating Belgium later today they will be venerated as heroes but that's how football works. Specially if they pass through the penalty shootout considering the crazy manager didn't even train the guys for that.

Well, yesterday Russia did history and Denmark almost made it with that incredible keeper.

Just a Person
1983th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Re(10):VIVA MEXICO: Sweden advances!..." , posted Tue 3 Jul 23:26post reply

quote:
I bet that if they make the miracle of beating Belgium later today they will be venerated as heroes but that's how football works. Specially if they pass through the penalty shootout considering the crazy manager didn't even train the guys for that.

Sadly they didn't win, but they still were amazing in the game. Japan got (even more of) my respect.

It's kinda hard to guess which team will win this World Cup, with most of the favorite teams leaving early or even failing to qualify. Brazil was quite good against Mexico, but its overall performance has been irregular, to say the least. Maybe that will change from now on, maybe it won't; let's wait and see.

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

"Seizya, sports seer from the Bay" , posted Thu 5 Jul 10:20post reply

quote:
Sadly they didn't win, but they still were amazing in the game. Japan got (even more of) my respect.

It's kinda hard to guess which team will win this World Cup, with most of the favorite teams leaving early or even failing to qualify. Brazil was quite good against Mexico, but its overall performance has been irregular, to say the least. Maybe that will change from now on, maybe it won't; let's wait and see.

I feel bad. I tweeted "It'll be a 3-2 Belgian victory later! That's a joke" shortly after Japan led 2-0, which indicated that I typed the joke part to keep the Japanese fans happy, but I was actually serious, as I didn't laugh after. Japan wasted the lead, and Belgium scored the final 3 goals. The only good to come is that I can eat Japanese food again...briefly. I can't do that in a few days because of a softball tournament. I was supposed to have Brazilian food, but no can do. I'll have it when Brazil books a ticket to Cancún.

KensouADV

72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):VIVE LA FRANCE:Belgium advances!" , posted Sat 7 Jul 23:30:post reply

How are you enjoying your feijoada with açaí today Seizya?

quote:

Yeah Japan was really naive in the last minute in that corner. They deserved better but those last two matches shows how Belgium doesn't leave mistakes go unpunished.

I could say "I told you" as how Hazard totaly dominated Fagner in the right side of Brazil, Jesus doing nothing again or how Neymar kept the ball when Fellaini and more 3 were on him whenever he received a pass and ended up losing almost as if he thought he was the only one who could do something. I was going to make a post about my feelings about the match before but I didn't want to jinx it since I wasn't really feeling when I saw that Fernandinho was going to replace Casemiro who was suspended due to yellow cards but damn I would never guess it would go so bad. I'm almost convinced that higher ups convinced Tite to keep Jesus starting since he was the poster boy of one the biggest sponsors our NT at the World Cup and before and after every match there were ads with him on TV. Of course now there are no signs of him or Tite in ads on TV.

So, with both Uruguay and Brazil leaving, does France counts as South America considering the French Guiana?

[this message was edited by KensouADV on Mon 9 Jul 04:13]

"Re(4):Re(10):VIVE LA FRANCE:Belgium advances!" , posted Sun 8 Jul 05:09post reply

quote:

Ha ha ha! If I don't enjoy the pair later this month, it'll be for next month. Too busy of a month for me.

Neo0r0chiaku
415th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):VIVE LA FRANCE:Belgium advances!" , posted Wed 11 Jul 10:57post reply

quote:

Yeah Japan was really naive in the last minute in that corner. They deserved better but those last two matches shows how Belgium doesn't leave mistakes go unpunished.

I could say "I told you" as how Hazard totaly dominated Fagner in the right side of Brazil, Jesus doing nothing again or how Neymar kept the ball when Fellaini and more 3 were on him whenever he received a pass and ended up losing almost as if he thought he was the only one who could do something. I was going to make a post about my feelings about the match before but I didn't want to jinx it since I wasn't really feeling when I saw that Fernandinho was going to replace Casemiro who was suspended due to yellow cards but damn I would never guess it would go so bad. I'm almost convinced that higher ups convinced Tite to keep Jesus starting since he was the poster boy of one the biggest sponsors our NT at the World Cup and before and after every match there were ads with him on TV. Of course now there are no signs of him or Tite

I stopped watching after Brazil lost. This world cup is insanely terrible, I don't even want to complain anymore.

Long Live I AM!

"King's, Charlotte's, Jean's & Elisabeth's W" , posted Mon 16 Jul 15:55post reply

So, King, Charlotte, Jean and Lis won 4-2. I could've sworn that one of the "Girl's Side" girls is part French also? 2nd title.

Oh, and holy cow. Brazilian food's good, but so~ pricey. I'm better off finding a friend cooking the food for me. w

KensouADV

72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):King's, Charlotte's, Jean's & Elisabeth" , posted Tue 17 Jul 01:06post reply

I'm stil pretty mad at that ref for the first goal and the whole match aftewards. In the 2nd half, the croats lost the interest in the match and so did I. Not even here in Brazil we had fans invading the field running around to protest or something and besides a vertical 2m jump, there's nothing stopping someone to do that in the New Maracanã Stadium.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Before the reform, in the good old Maracanã, there was a pit so wide and deep that if you manage to invade, you would certainly be qualified for the Olympics

End of Spoiler

Honestly, I'm trying to remember a worst Final match in my memory. Not even Spain2010 or Italy2006 were at that level.

In the end, VAR is a great tool but porrly used. I'm afraid of the implications it can cause here in our National League and tournaments.

quote:
So, King, Charlotte, Jean and Lis won 4-2. I could've sworn that one of the "Girl's Side" girls is part French also? 2nd title.

Oh, and holy cow. Brazilian food's good, but so~ pricey. I'm better off finding a friend cooking the food for me. w

Well, I can't eat at a decent Japanese food restaurant without spending a big part of my paycheck. But one of things I would find weird if I moved to another country is not stumbling in a açaí tent in every few blocks or buy pão de queijo in every bakery.