Romancing SaGa 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (223 Views )
HokutoAndy

125th Post

user profileedit/delete message
Regular Customer

"Romancing SaGa 2" , posted Wed 24 Jan 14:11post reply

So I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2, at my 3rd generation now. Some questions though...

- The mermaid romance quest, how far in the game do I need to be to get to that? I've heard starting a quest involving a ghost ship can lock you out of it.

- Lets say I've completed two different quests that would trigger a generation skip IF I talk to the quest giver. What happens when I talk to one guy and it skips 200 years into the future? Does the other guy just remain standing there waiting for me to talk to him or does the quest get reset or does it fail if it's generation sensitive?

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(1):Romancing SaGa 2" , posted Thu 25 Jan 01:53post reply

quote:
- The mermaid romance quest, how far in the game do I need to be to get to that? I've heard starting a quest involving a ghost ship can lock you out of it.

I think the ghost ship event only locks you out of it while it's going on. But that may need another generation jump, and you can't romance with your last emperor. No reason to wait too much.
You can do the romance quest from almost the get go, you just need to reach the Mermaid town.
The good thing with this quest is that it only involves one medium difficulty fight, and it forces a generation jump afterwards, so it's very useful when you want to tightly control your lineage (for example to force Emperor Coperia without having to endanger your team with her too much, or if your team has been wiped but you've leveled up quite a bit and created a lot of new moves, so you don't want to create another team just for one quest).

quote:
- Lets say I've completed two different quests that would trigger a generation skip IF I talk to the quest giver. What happens when I talk to one guy and it skips 200 years into the future? Does the other guy just remain standing there waiting for me to talk to him or does the quest get reset or does it fail if it's generation sensitive?
Depends on the quest. More often than not, it would fail, indeed.