Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Expresso - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2110 Views )
Professor
5310th Post

user profileedit/delete message
MMCafe Owner

"Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Expresso" , posted Thu 11 Jan 23:14post reply

To users of the BBS (particularly those who visit infrequently)--

Try out the new "Expresso/ICE" mode that makes loading much faster when viewing on PC!

It's easy-- just pick "Expresso" from the BBS menu's top right, and then reload.

(It's the default mode for first time visitors and mobile viewing now.)

Replies:

Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(1):Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Ex" , posted Fri 12 Jan 00:04post reply

Thanks prof!
From my side, it's easier to read on PC (Firefox) but there's always a second or two of loading at the beginning for some reason (with a little green "now loading" circle").
Nothing else to report, it looks nice!

Even though it's threateningly NEW and there's little I hate more than new things in my old things.

Professor
5314th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Ex" , posted Fri 12 Jan 02:12post reply

quote:
Thanks prof!
From my side, it's easier to read on PC (Firefox) but there's always a second or two of loading at the beginning for some reason (with a little green "now loading" circle").
Nothing else to report, it looks nice!

Even though it's threateningly NEW and there's little I hate more than new things in my old things.

Ahh, the loading circle always appears until the screen is completely drawn! However, I might make it so that it won't appear for the first 2 or so seconds-- thanks for leading me to the idea.

neo0r0chiaku
480th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
Wii: n/a
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
Gold Customer

"BBS help searching for thread" , posted Sat 13 Apr 09:07:post reply

Professor,
Been trying to search for the Super robot wars thread from a while back but can't seem to find it. Any help with locating it?

Any tips on an easier way to search for old threads and/or specific words?

Also has anyone heard from Mickey Kusanagi and Chazamaru?

Long Live I AM!

[this message was edited by neo0r0chiaku on Sat 13 Apr 09:08]

Professor
5623th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):BBS help searching for thread" , posted Sun 14 Apr 01:18:post reply

quote:
Professor,
Been trying to search for the Super robot wars thread from a while back but can't seem to find it. Any help with locating it?

I just realized that the Google search embedded on this site doesn't work any more! For the time being, this should do just the same. And of course you can change the keywords for more preferred results.

Mickey doesn't come around the BBS but he's doing autorun on SFV all the time! He must be a fight money billionaire by now.

Chaz is quite alive! He's a tad busy to hit the BBS but I'm in contact with him.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 14 Apr 01:27]

neo0r0chiaku
481th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
CFN: n/a
Gold Customer

"Re(2):BBS help searching for thread" , posted Tue 16 Apr 09:16post reply

quote:
Professor,

I just realized that the Google search embedded on this site doesn't work any more! For the time being, this should do just the same. And of course you can change the keywords for more preferred results.

Mickey doesn't come around the BBS but he's doing autorun on SFV all the time! He must be a fight money billionaire by now.

Chaz is quite alive! He's a tad busy to hit the BBS but I'm in contact with him.

Thank for the update. Tell em I said hello!
It's odd, I still can not manage to find the last SRW thread from about two years ago. Trying to find the conversation with a user called SangerZevolt( I believe that's how you spell it), with some tips on the latest games. Well I guess it disappeared.

Long Live I AM!
Professor
5627th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):BBS help searching for thread" , posted Tue 16 Apr 18:57:post reply

quote:
Thank for the update. Tell em I said hello!
It's odd, I still can not manage to find the last SRW thread from about two years ago. Trying to find the conversation with a user called SangerZevolt( I believe that's how you spell it), with some tips on the latest games. Well I guess it disappeared.

Will do!

Humm, I can't recall there ever being a user named SangerZevolt registered on this BBS. So I checked out records to see if there's anyone whose name starts with a Sanger or a Zevolt --no luck. Might it be another forum that you're thinking of? If you're positive it's the MMCafe BBS, hit me with any other recollection you have and I'll see how I can help!

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 16 Apr 22:51]

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: Ishmael26b
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):BBS help searching for thread" , posted Wed 26 Jun 22:57post reply

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but I wanted to thank the Professor for updating the page with new articles. First, I had not heard about the upcoming Tokyo eSports Fest before, so that was very interesting. Second, the new articles shoved that pathetic picture of Kuroda off the top bar of the BBS. We now have to look at Wan-Fu staring with solemn intensity at Tifa's chest but I can live with his social faux pas.

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):BBS help searching for Tifa" , posted Thu 27 Jun 04:33post reply

quote:
Kuroda 討伐
Wan-Fu staring with solemn intensity at Tifa's chest
You say that as if this were all unintentional!

Actually, Tifa headlining the top of the Madman's Cafe has been canon since at least 1999.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
Professor
5669th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):BBS help searching for Tifa" , posted Fri 28 Jun 02:13post reply

quote:
the new articles shoved that pathetic picture of Kuroda off the top bar of the BBS

A face that everyone can love

Lord SNK
447th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Ex" , posted Fri 26 Jun 02:52post reply

Is it intentional that from the second page of a thread (of 2 pages) if I click the single chevron left I got to 1st page but with only first 16 messages displayed, if I click the double chevron left I got to 1st page with first 20 messages displayed?
Noticed now in the SRW thread.

Professor
5795th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Friendly reminder: Try out the BBS's Ex" , posted Fri 26 Jun 05:00:post reply

quote:
Is it intentional that from the second page of a thread (of 2 pages) if I click the single chevron left I got to 1st page but with only first 16 messages displayed, if I click the double chevron left I got to 1st page with first 20 messages displayed?
Noticed now in the SRW thread.

Yes-- The BBS displays 20 messages by default on load, and so if you backtrack a page on a thread that has 35 messages, it displays 15. Or so that's the way it was supposed to be, but now that you mention it, there seems to be a bug that I overlooked... I will get things fixed, thanks!

[edit] After thinking about it, I've changed it so it loads 20 messages when backtracking to page 1 on single chevron as well!

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 26 Jun 05:21]