Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissection - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1791 Views )
Professor
5264th Post

user profileedit/delete message
MMCafe Owner

"Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissection" , posted Fri 17 Nov 21:00:post reply

According to her production agency, Tsuru Hiromi (57), the voice behind Dragonball's Bulma, Ranma 1/2's Ukyo, and many other heroine characters from animes in the 1980-90s', passed away yesterday from an Aortic dissection while driving. She was able to pull over with a hazard lamp, but was found unconcious in her seat and was sent to the hospital where soon after she was declared as deceased.

According to reports, she wasn't feeling too well for the past few days so it might have not been as acute as it sounds.

Tsuru Hiromi was one of the very few memorable voice actresses I remember from my youth-- quite saddening. May she rest in peace.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 17 Nov 21:14]

Replies:

chazumaru
1953th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissec" , posted Fri 17 Nov 21:38post reply

Wow. Madoka, Naomi Hunter and so many others. I guess she was still voicing Bulma for Dragon Ball Super (and Dragon Ball FighterZ)?

Même Narumi est épatée !
Professor
5265th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissec" , posted Fri 17 Nov 22:10:post reply

quote:
Wow. Madoka, Naomi Hunter and so many others. I guess she was still voicing Bulma for Dragon Ball Super (and Dragon Ball FighterZ)?

Yes-- for Dragon Ball Super, I doubt she had too much appearance time scheduled for the remainder of the current arc, but their staff are probably wondering what to do for the next chapter.

From what I understand, Dragonball Fighterz will be her last gig given that it's slated for a 2018 release.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 17 Nov 22:27]

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissec" , posted Sat 18 Nov 01:42post reply

Oh NO. One of the finest and most iconic voices of all of animation. The silky perfection and strength of her voice for Ayukawa Madoka in Kimagure Orange Road is the most important seiyuu from the favorite television show of my youth. I don't think about particular actors too much, but Tsuru truly stood out.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissec" , posted Sat 18 Nov 08:18post reply

quote:
Tsuru Hiromi was one of the very few memorable voice actresses I remember from my youth-- quite saddening. May she rest in peace.

Until I met some Ayukawa fans I thought I was completely crazy for liking her for Ranma's Ukyo. When I was... er, younger, I remember being rather frustrated you couldn't find out anything about her, and she was like that all the way to the end, so it seemed like she liked living a private lifestyle of sorts compared to some of her contemporaries.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

PSN: SeizyaStarlight
CFN: n/a

"Re(1):Tsuru Hiromi passes away, Aortic dissec" , posted Tue 21 Nov 12:31post reply

quote:
According to her production agency, Tsuru Hiromi (57), the voice behind Dragonball's Bulma, Ranma 1/2's Ukyo, and many other heroine characters from animes in the 1980-90s', passed away yesterday from an Aortic dissection while driving. She was able to pull over with a hazard lamp, but was found unconcious in her seat and was sent to the hospital where soon after she was declared as deceased.

According to reports, she wasn't feeling too well for the past few days so it might have not been as acute as it sounds.

So much for me saying that I'm Joe Cool. I cried softly then, and I don't know how I'm composing myself now as I reply even though I want to cry again. I kid you not.

I'm still not ready to move on from the fact of Tsuru Hiromi-san passing away. This bit hurts me more than the bit of Kawakami Tomoko-san passing away six years ago because she was one of the first seiyuu I heard. She was a big part of my teenagehood. She was a seiyuu I told anime fan rookies to study. I remembered how certain "Love Hina" fans would only watch both episodes she was in. I'm not one of them though.

I feel bad for a friend of mine. His birthday is the day before hers. So eerie.

Give me until the day after tomorrow. By then, I'll accept the fact. Maybe. I don't know. We'll see.

PSN: SeizyaStarlight
CFN: n/a

"Acceptance" , posted Fri 24 Nov 13:29post reply

I've accepted the news. I'm ready to keep grinding. That's all we can do now. Just in case, I bought something to try to pep myself up again.