user profileedit/delete message
PSN: MickyKusanagi
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: MickyKusanagi
Red Carpet Regular Member

"Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 02:10post reply

I've been wanting to post this for a while, and I made up my mind once and for all after Prof said in the NeoRyu thread that he hopes we're taking care of our health. Well, I certainly didn't for months between last year and this one.

Do you remember one of my latest disappearances, the one during the KOF14 DLC characters reveals? I was in the worst days of an obnoxious case of hypertension. I had been living in a lethargic state of sorts since mid July -long story of rather personal emotional hardships-, I had the first signs of hypertension in mid January and I kept not bothering until mid March, when my heart and my arteries were pulsating so hard I didn't even manage to listen to music, read, watch TV or play video games. Sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night because of violent pressure and heartbeat peaks. It was a nightmare. Fearing for my health at last, I immediately put some freaking limitations to what and how much I was eating and started exercising again. Now I'm fine, I jog 30 minutes a day in order to stay healthy -I only skipped May 1st as a whimsical celebration of Labour Day, but I'll move this stop to my birthday from next year onwards- and I won't quit my exercises anymore.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I really needed to tell the whole thing in order to dispel all the suffering that came with it -I almost got moved to tears when writing because of how much I suffered back then, and I still can't believe I recovered-, and I thought it may spark some conversation about our health issues experiences in case anybody wants to share them.

Ore no...kachi da!!

Replies:

PSN: SeizyaHakase
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 04:00post reply

Oh, it's fine. Neo Ryu's had the condition since he was young. Quite the bother.

Glad that you're up and jogging. I wish that I can recall a remedy for you. I don't have it at the top of my head.

Micky Kusanagi
694th Post

"Re(2):Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 05:43post reply

Thank you for your kind words and your concern Seizya, but please don't worry, I'm completely fine now :) Maybe I didn't manage to make it clear enough because English isn't my first language ^^;

As for NeoRyu, I honestly didn't know him before you came back to the Cafe a couple days ago, so I only had barely figured out his condition is serious, but be sure he and his health are in my prayers.

Ore no...kachi da!!
neo0r0chiaku
322th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: dc202styles
CFN: n/a
Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 09:35post reply

quote:
Thank you for your kind words and your concern Seizya, but please don't worry, I'm completely fine now :) Maybe I didn't manage to make it clear enough because English isn't my first language ^^;

As for NeoRyu, I honestly didn't know him before you came back to the Cafe a couple days ago, so I only had barely figured out his condition is serious, but be sure he and his health are in my prayers.

The most important thing a body needs for anything and everything is fresh oxygen and air. Go out somewhere with trees, water, and grass for some days and you will feel better for sure.

Long Live I AM!
Professor
5165th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 19:18post reply

quote:
I've been wanting to post this for a while, and I made up my mind once and for all after Prof said in the NeoRyu thread that he hopes we're taking care of our health. Well, I certainly didn't for months between last year and this one.

Please do take care. Emotional things can happen in our lives but having them effect health is never a solution to anything.

Out of curiousity, how good is national healthcare and hospitals in Italy? I assume it could be different depending on region, but just wondering.

Micky Kusanagi
697th Post

"Re(5):Health talk" , posted Mon 29 May 22:31:post reply

Ne0r0 thank you for your suggestion. That reminds me that when I had minor pressure peaks in the afternoon, I found a trick in going to the balcony, taking some deep breaths and chilling out there for a couple minutes. By the way, I love walking on the seaside walk in my city, it's quite the breathtaking sight and the scent of the sea is so good.

Prof you're right, I learned the lesson and I feel reborn now. I rediscovered the joy of seeing silly stuff in the streets when jogging xD Don't know why, but that amuses me more when jogging than during a walk.

As I had already said in the expatriate thread, national healthcare in Italy isn't that good...its worst shortcoming in my opinion is the huge waiting time for potentially lifesaving examinations, but there are other issues together with that, such as the shortage of beds bringing to heartbreaking scenes of patients amassed in the wards, lying on stretchers. Healthcare in Southern Italy used to have a worse reputation than in the North, but now it looks like things are getting worse in Northern Italy as well.

On a personal note, one day some years ago, my mother had to urgently take my grandmother to the hospital, and the nurses were complaining that it was Sunday...

Talking about all this makes me quite sad.

Ore no...kachi da!!

[this message was edited by Micky Kusanagi on Mon 29 May 22:33]