New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eater! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1477 Views )

nobinobita
1610th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eater!" , posted Fri 3 Jun 01:24:post reply

... But it's Pachislot!

HAH

GOTCHA!

HAHAHAHAhhahahahahahawwaaaahWHYWHYOHGOD WHY HURT ME MORE KONAMI

(actually I'm pretty sure everyone on the board saw this one coming)

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Fri 3 Jun 02:11]

Replies:

Spoon
3382th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Fri 3 Jun 01:41post reply

here lies a true patriot

chazumaru
1713th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Fri 3 Jun 02:37post reply

According to a friend heavily involved on Fox Engine's creation, this seems like Maya, rather than Fox. Just sayin'

Même Narumi est épatée !

Tai-Pan
531th Post

PSN: Kusanagi82
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Sat 4 Jun 01:54post reply

quote:
According to a friend heavily involved on Fox Engine's creation, this seems like Maya, rather than Fox. Just sayin'

I wonder if Konami is actually licensing the Fox-Engine to third parties. It's such a beast of an engine and I would love to see other people making content with it.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

chazumaru
1716th Post

"Re(4):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Sat 4 Jun 13:35post reply

I seriously doubt it. The engine was not made for licensing (no tools, no doc made for outside) and most of the tech team has left. In theory they could eventually license it to Kojima Productions, I guess...

Même Narumi est épatée !

Tai-Pan
533th Post

PSN: Kusanagi82
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Tue 7 Jun 00:54post reply

quote:
I seriously doubt it. The engine was not made for licensing (no tools, no doc made for outside) and most of the tech team has left. In theory they could eventually license it to Kojima Productions, I guess...

I had it all wrong then. They were promoting the engine during MGSV development; they also mentioned how they used it on PES. So I assumed they were trying to generate interest in it.

Thank you

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

chazumaru
1719th Post

"Re(6):New Fox Engine Remake of MGS: Snake Eat" , posted Tue 7 Jun 02:53post reply

Yes, Konami was not keen on developing and using the engine just for Kojima, so they asked to get it on more internal titles, such as PES. I don't think licensing the engine to outside companies was ever in their plans, though. That's an entirely parallel set of skills. In any case, the vast majority of the staff responsible for Fox Engine left around the time Kojima left. It could still be using Fox (I believe the engine has been used for animations outside videogames in the past) but I doubt it.

Même Narumi est épatée !