Stay safe, Parisians - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1481 Views )

Spoon
3142th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 09:41:post reply

Don't know which (or any) of us are in France at the moment anymore, but it's been crazy and crazy awful there today.

[this message was edited by Spoon on Sat 14 Nov 09:41]

Replies:

chazumaru
1599th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 09:48:post reply

Everyone I know seems safe but most of my friends are still stuck in bars and restaurants, as Police has forbidden anyone from going outside with a curfew.

The situation will be tricky tonight. Many metros are also closed down in the area (lines 3 5 8 9 & 11).

Facebook has turned on a special option for Parisians to signal all their contacts if they are safe. If you have friends in town, there is also a special hashtag #porteouverte for anyone looking for a place to stay for the night if they are stuck in a specific neighbourhood because of the curfew.

This happened literally a few meters/yards away from where almost everyone I know spend their Friday night... It's never been that close from me, except maybe one of the bombs from 1995 which was close to my school.

Même Narumi est épatée !

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Sat 14 Nov 09:49]

Iggy
10046th Post

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(2):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 10:00post reply

Everyone I know is safe, but now I'm scared for my friends with dark skin or who wear a niqab. They are going to be primary targets by every racist asshole we have in the country.
Some group of dipshits already threatened to light fire to Syrian refugee camps to teach them. Because they're Muslims, you know. Nevermind they are running away from the exact same situation that happened in Paris, created by the same takfiri crazies who just bombed us.

The country is fucked. I just wish my friends would somehow be able to move to a different country instantly. I'm not scared of the terrorists, I'm scared of the police state we're about to have.

Professor
4687th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 10:01:post reply

quote:
Everyone I know seems safe but most of my friends are still stuck in bars and restaurants, as Police has forbidden anyone from going outside with a curfew.

The situation will be tricky tonight. Many metros are also closed down in the area (lines 3 5 8 9 & 11).

Facebook has turned on a special option for Parisians to signal all their contacts if they are safe. If you have friends in town, there is also a special hashtag #porteouverte for anyone looking for a place to stay for the night if they are stuck in a specific neighbourhood because of the curfew.

This happened literally a few meters/yards away from where almost everyone I know spend their Friday night... It's never been that close from me, except maybe one of the bombs from 1995 which was close to my school.

Heard about it just now-- glad to hear you're safe.
[edit] I see now that the French government announced it as a National state of emergency.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 14 Nov 10:03]

Maou
2975th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(3):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 10:24post reply

The Cafe is such an international place that I worry when I hear about almost any terrible global event nowadays. Thinking about the people in one of my favorite cities.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

kofoguz
1203th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 12:02:post reply

I just heard the news and I'm glad that mmcafe members and their loved ones are safe.
And sorry forr the people who lost their lives.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sat 14 Nov 16:11]

Nobinobita
1499th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 14:22post reply

quote:
I just heard the news and In glad that mmcafe members and their lived ones are safe.

Im glad you guys and your loved ones are ok. Sorry for this horrific tragedy and all the difficulties that are coming down the road.

www.art-eater.com

GPA
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 15:19post reply

It is quite a relief to hear that you guys are okay. I hope the best for your friends, Iggy.

Ishmael
5315th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a

"Re(7):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 23:22post reply

I'm glad to hear that everyone here and those they know and love are safe. I'm sad that is not true for many other people right now.

Gojira
3152th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Re(7):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sat 14 Nov 23:34post reply

Glad to hear you checking in. Hopefully the sudden border closings won't extend into communications as well. Keep us updated and stay safe.

IkariDC
795th Post

PSN: Ikari_DC
XBL: IkariDC
Wii: Toolazytolookitup

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sun 15 Nov 00:59post reply

Good to know you're fine folks! Keep us posted about the whole situation!

badoor
445th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK(forPSVITA:BadoorUSA)
XBL: BadoorSNK(ForWiiU/Steam:BadoorSNK)
Wii: 3DS:4253-3532-0341

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sun 15 Nov 19:30post reply

Such a devastating tragedy. But it's good to hear that cafe members are safe. And I pray this will be the last act by the perpetrators who wish nothing but to quell peace and fan the flames of civilization wars of old.

http://100daysofmegashock.wordpress.com/
http://badoorsnk.wordpress.com/

Just a Person
1700th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(10):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Sun 15 Nov 22:07post reply

quote:
Such a devastating tragedy. But it's good to hear that cafe members are safe. And I pray this will be the last act by the perpetrators who wish nothing but to quell peace and fan the flames of civilization wars of old.

This, exactly. I don't know what the perpetrators think they will achieve doing this kind of thing, but it needs to stop. It's great to know that people from MMCafe are okay, but unfortunately so many other people are not.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Spoon
3143th Post

"Re(3):Stay safe, Parisians" , posted Tue 17 Nov 08:58post reply

quote:
Everyone I know is safe, but now I'm scared for my friends with dark skin or who wear a niqab. They are going to be primary targets by every racist asshole we have in the country.
Some group of dipshits already threatened to light fire to Syrian refugee camps to teach them. Because they're Muslims, you know. Nevermind they are running away from the exact same situation that happened in Paris, created by the same takfiri crazies who just bombed us.

The country is fucked. I just wish my friends would somehow be able to move to a different country instantly. I'm not scared of the terrorists, I'm scared of the police state we're about to have.

Mr Hollande said the constitution needed to be amended as "we need an appropriate tool we can use without having to resort to the state of emergency".

Yikes.