Ishmael
5272th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"TGS" , posted Tue 15 Sep 21:57post reply

When I went to bed last night the world made sense. I awoke this morning to KoF 14 and Ni-Oh.

Replies:

karasu
1563th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 00:26post reply

quote:
When I went to bed last night the world made sense. I awoke this morning to KoF 14 and Ni-Oh.

Let's not forget SaGa and Seiken Densetsu!

Ishmael, don't worry, everything is still alright since they still have to actually release Ni-Oh and KOF14 looks pretty crappy as we've all been expecting it should. If you wake up one morning and Ni-Oh has been released and KOF14 looks as good as KOFXIII then it's time to worry you've woken up in an alternate universe.

You have to carefully reproduce the world of "Castlevania" in the solemn atmosphere.

Iggy
9983th Post

"Re(2):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 04:25post reply

quote:
Let's not forget SaGa
Let's not, because if we do, then nobody will remember it, not even at SQEX.
For a game announced almost a year ago, having a meagre handful of artworks to show at the biggest media show (for the Vita) the game will ever know is frightening. The very dry tweet by Kawazu "too bad we couldn't release it for the anniversary. Please wait for a video of the actual game" does nothing to appease my fears. Also...
Wait, someone is knocking at the door.
[...]
Apologies.
I mean: of course, the game is going to be awesome and by far the best game of the Vita and of the generation, even if it's only these 3 artworks dancing one against the other with text and stats in the background. There is no way we may be disappointed by the game, and we're all looking forward for its release. Let's just hope Sony doesn't stop producing Vitas until its advent.

Spoon
3046th Post

"Re(2):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 05:07post reply

quote:

Let's not forget Seiken Densetsu!

What was the last good genuinely new Mana game? I don't remember any of the DS outings being very good at all, and even if the GBA FF Legend remakes were ok, that was still.... 2 handheld generations ago. It makes me sad to think that we haven't had a good Mana game since the PSX Legend of Mana.

Just a Person
1670th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 07:01post reply

quote:

Let's not forget Seiken Densetsu!

What was the last good genuinely new Mana game? I don't remember any of the DS outings being very good at all, and even if the GBA FF Legend remakes were ok, that was still.... 2 handheld generations ago. It makes me sad to think that we haven't had a good Mana game since the PSX Legend of Mana.

Speaking of that, will Seiken Densetsu 3 ever be released outside of Japan? It should really get ported to the 3DS or Vita.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Amakusa
936th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 07:41post reply

quote:
Let's not forget SaGa and Seiken Densetsu!

I can easily forget both of them when you don't show any gameplay trailers.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Maou
2891th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh

"Re(4):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 08:24post reply

quote:

Speaking of that, will Seiken Densetsu 3 ever be released outside of Japan? It should really get ported to the 3DS or Vita.

Actually, we were just mentioning how 3 has never been re-released IN Japan for potentially bug-related reasons.

Iggy-nton, seriously, do you want my SD 3 cart? I only played five minutes of it back in the day because I am a heretic. At least I never bought another SaGa to lie dormant in my closet.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Spoon
3048th Post

"Gravity Daze and Gravity Daze 2 for PS4" , posted Wed 16 Sep 08:36post reply

Or maybe the reason why I will truly never need a Vita.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHWMVkd8hE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gedn1Hljlg

Maou
2892th Post

"Re(1):Gravity Daze and Gravity Daze 2 for PS4" , posted Wed 16 Sep 08:45post reply

quote:

Yesssss the only reasons I got very close to getting tricked into buying a Vita by Polly and maybe Iggy.

Zepy
1672th Post

"Re(1):Gravity Daze and Gravity Daze 2 for PS4" , posted Wed 16 Sep 11:21post reply

quote:

Gravity Daze is the only game that I felt it justified my vita console purchase. There were a lot of pretty good games on the vita too but Gravity Daze just completely stands out above the rest for me

I'm so tempted to buy that CE for PS4 Gravity Daze 1 but I know I'll be wasting my money because I don't ever get around to playing HD remakes

Iggy
9985th Post

"Re(5):TGS" , posted Wed 16 Sep 19:03post reply

quote:
Iggy-nton, seriously, do you want my SD 3 cart? I only played five minutes of it back in the day because I am a heretic.

Ah, sorry! I was paralyzed by the shame of having to admit publicly that I don't have a working SFC anymore (or even a non-working one, actually) and then I closed the window and hid my head in shame.
Thanks for the offer though!

Maou
2893th Post

"Re(6):TGS" , posted Thu 17 Sep 00:05post reply

quote:
Iggy-nton, seriously, do you want my SD 3 cart? I only played five minutes of it back in the day because I am a heretic.
Ah, sorry! I was paralyzed by the shame of having to admit publicly that I don't have a working SFC anymore (or even a non-working one, actually) and then I closed the window and hid my head in shame.
Thanks for the offer though!

Of course! Don't worry, your penance for abandoning your SFC shall be to experience the well-founded fear of profound disappointment by pre-ordering the new Seiken Densetsu game and playing it on day one!

Iggy
9987th Post

"Mana 1 Remake" , posted Thu 17 Sep 00:41:post reply

quote:
Of course! Don't worry, your penance for abandoning your SFC shall be to experience the well-founded fear of profound disappointment by pre-ordering the new Seiken Densetsu game and playing it on day one!

Actually, I got an even worse punishment: the new game is actually a bland 3D remake of the first one (purposefully ignoring the changes in previous remake on GBA), and they'll use the engine as a base for 2 and 3 (so 2 and 3 are already scheduled to be raped by this amazing art style).
On Vita, iPhone and Android. Because of course.
Enjoy the smartphone interface on Vita!

That will teach me!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 17 Sep 00:59]

Spoon
3049th Post

"Re(1):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Thu 17 Sep 02:13post reply

quote:
Actually, I got an even worse punishment: the new game is actually a bland 3D remake of the first one (purposefully ignoring the changes in previous remake on GBA), and they'll use the engine as a base for 2 and 3 (so 2 and 3 are already scheduled to be raped by this amazing art style).

That will teach me!

I thought you were kidding and then I clicked the link and then I was sad.

Gojira
3132th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Trico lives" , posted Thu 17 Sep 07:49post reply

Literally virtually

I want to download whatever this is to my PC now

Maou
2896th Post

"Re(1):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Thu 17 Sep 09:47:post reply

quote:

Actually, I got an even worse punishment: the new game is actually a bland 3D remake of the first one (purposefully ignoring the changes in previous remake on GBA
You've been a very naughty boy, but even the ghost of your SFC doesn't think you deserved a lesson that badly.

Meanwhile, I don't care if this was first announced at TGS or just in the same time period, but to my profound surprise, Lunar 2~Eternal Blue is now on PSN. I'll ignore the fact that it's the third-best (of three) version of the game after Mega CD and Saturn and instead cheer for the fact that those lost in the wilderness will finally have the chance to experience at least 90% of the light.

Edit: moved the Lunar 2 announcement to a more sensible thread thanks to Spoon, but it's still the most important announcement of TGS, whether or not it happened at TGS.

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 17 Sep 09:51]

Mosquiton
2067th Post

"Re(1):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Thu 17 Sep 11:12post reply

quote:

That will teach me!

After this and KOFXIV I am reeling in horror right now. I need to go take a walk.

/ / /

Amakusa
937th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Sat 19 Sep 19:49post reply

quote:

That will teach me!

Well that's one way to make sure Seiken Densetsu stays buried.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Just a Person
1674th Post

"Re(2):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Sat 19 Sep 22:09post reply

quote:

That will teach me!

Well that's one way to make sure Seiken Densetsu stays buried.

That's sad. At least 4 (a.k.a. Legend of Mana) was spared from this fate... or was it?

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Iggy
9990th Post

"Re(3):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Sun 20 Sep 02:05post reply

quote:
That's sad. At least 4 (a.k.a. Legend of Mana) was spared from this fate... or was it?

They haven't said anything about it, so there's hope.

Also, I envy your ignorance, but Legend of Mana, loveable Legend of Mana, is not 4.

I am so sorry.

Just a Person
1675th Post

"Re(4):Mana 1 Remake" , posted Sun 20 Sep 08:49post reply

quote:
They haven't said anything about it, so there's hope.

Also, I envy your ignorance, but Legend of Mana, loveable Legend of Mana, is not 4.

I am so sorry.

Damn, everytime I think my ignorance can't be bigger than it already is, I'm proven wrong...

Thank you for the information!

chazumaru
1553th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):TGS" , posted Fri 25 Sep 22:04post reply

Ni-Oh Nioh would have been my most awaited game even if it got reincarnated into a polevault simulator, so to see it respawn as a seemingly decent clone of ___Souls with proper PS4 graphics is a gift I did not know I was allowed to dream about. It truly is the year of impossible comebacks! I am now eagerly awaiting for Landstalker.

Nioh might be tainting my objectivity but I objectively thought it was the best TGS in quite a while. Mobile companies have stopped spending stupid money on useless standard booths that nobody visits, and instead switched their attention to creating "events" similar to theme park attractions that you would visit even if you never cared for the games (such as the giant boat attraction of Grand Blue Fantasy). The only disappointment this year was the Gotoku trailer forgetting to hype Kiwami and instead showing us 15 minutes of Nagoshi justifying why it's fair to pay 6800 Yens for a game which has already been bundled together with its sequel in a previous HD release for under 6000 Yens, but I have to say Beat Takeshi's in-game model for RGG6 is truly breathtaking.

Même Narumi est épatée !