neo0r0chiaku
70th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: n/a
XBL: IAMDC1
Wii: n/a

Occasional Customer

"Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Tue 4 Aug 04:58post reply

The game has been out for a couple of weeks now. I have not heard anyone speaking about it. So just wondering if anyone have any opinions on it? It seems to be getting pretty decent reviews and scores. Nothing bad and nothing amazing. Seems to do just what it wants to do. A simple old school fighting game. I just played some of it this past weekend. It does feel very late 90's and early 2000's. Not really fond of the commentator voices you get the choose. The game play is very intriguing and makes you want to learn more with every character. Just my two cents but its indeed a very nice simple 2-d fighter that would put a smile for many.

Long Live!

Replies:

Grave
1507th Post

PSN: Drakee
XBL: eccothedolphin

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Thu 13 Aug 19:21post reply

quote:
The game has been out for a couple of weeks now. I have not heard anyone speaking about it. So just wondering if anyone have any opinions on it? It seems to be getting pretty decent reviews and scores. Nothing bad and nothing amazing. Seems to do just what it wants to do. A simple old school fighting game. I just played some of it this past weekend. It does feel very late 90's and early 2000's. Not really fond of the commentator voices you get the choose. The game play is very intriguing and makes you want to learn more with every character. Just my two cents but its indeed a very nice simple 2-d fighter that would put a smile for many.

It's been an uphill battle to get friends interested in it... even the ones who I knew were in the past. I think the massive number of delays really did hurt the game's image, which is unfortunate because I love the game they shipped, even if it does need some serious UI polish... and that GGPO netcode that's coming.

I've been traveling near constantly this summer, and while I've proven that the game's requirements are so low that it'll run on Wine on Ubuntu running on top of Chrome OS via crouton on an Acer c720 $200 Chromebook... off of a USB drive, I haven't logged anywhere near as much time as I want to yet and I'm not terribly good. But if you want to play sometime we can try to set something up!

TheRedKnight
419th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Thu 13 Aug 21:39post reply

quote:
I've proven that the game's requirements are so low that it'll run on Wine on Ubuntu running on top of Chrome OS via crouton on an Acer c720 $200 Chromebook... off of a USB drive

You just sold a copy.

videograpple.tumblr.com/

Grave
1508th Post

"Re(3):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Fri 14 Aug 15:16post reply

quote:
You just sold a copy.

I wish I could have seen the look on my face. It was loading between/before fights but when it started playing at full speed... I knew I had outdumbed myself so badly it might take years to outdumb myself again.

TheRedKnight
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Fri 11 Sep 18:14post reply

Unfortunately the game dislikes the integrated Intel graphics chip on my circa 2007 laptop. Looks awesome running through S-video on a professional CRT monitor, but it's all slow-mo.

videograpple.tumblr.com/

neo0r0chiaku
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Tue 15 Sep 11:22post reply

quote:
Unfortunately the game dislikes the integrated Intel graphics chip on my circa 2007 laptop. Looks awesome running through S-video on a professional CRT monitor, but it's all slow-mo.

Funny! Well, for those old gamers who still have an old computer, now they know they can play this game and feel right back in the 90's! Reviews on Steam say mostly positive based on around 176 reviews. I would like to know the sales. Hopefully, nothing but good news and feedback can help the game perform a little better. No word on the GGPO yet.

Long Live!

Grave
1509th Post

"Re(5):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Wed 23 Sep 05:28post reply

quote:

Not gonna lie- I'm straight-up stunned. I figured this thing could run on a TI-83+ with no trouble. Sucks. It's a real fun game and I'm still looking for regular matches with new (or not new but completely lazy (hi)) players.

neo0r0chiaku
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Yatagarasu Reviews and Opinions?" , posted Fri 25 Sep 12:06post reply

quote:

Not gonna lie- I'm straight-up stunned. I figured this thing could run on a TI-83+ with no trouble. Sucks. It's a real fun game and I'm still looking for regular matches with new (or not new but completely lazy (hi)) players.

I have not played for being a bit busy. I will play again soon. What do you need to connect with? The network name?

Long Live!

neo0r0chiaku
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Yatagarasu Update" , posted Sun 21 Feb 01:14:post reply

The new version makes the following updates:

・Character color schemes that were created by IndieGoGo campaign donators are now available for use
・The display time of 1 frame in window mode has been adjusted to match the NESiCAxLive version
・Matching for online play has been optimized
・Ranking display has been improved
・Main menu design revision

The new build should update automatically from the Steam client. If it does not, check your update settings (right click Yatagarasu AoC in the Steam Library and select Properties > Updates > Automatic Updates), and restart the Steam client.

** Please Note **
The GGPO implementation is still progress, and we will have an announcement soon about the delivery of outstanding perks such as the art book, custom art, etc. Thank you for your patience!

Source

Long Live!

[this message was edited by neo0r0chiaku on Sun 21 Feb 01:14]