I'm sure most of you know already... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1516 Views )

justicekyo
738th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Fri 12 Jun 23:45post reply

But ASW now owns both Kuno-kun and Double dragon. It at least confirms my suspicion that Million went out of business since we haven't heard from them in a while.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/12/arc-system-works-acquires-the-rights-to-river-city-ransom-and-double-dragon/

Replies:

Freeter
4636th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 01:34post reply

Great news for DD. I hated Neon and the iOS/Android game was underwhelming, so I'm hoping ArcSys can do a better job.

karasu
1506th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 02:52post reply

quote:
Great news for DD. I hated Neon and the iOS/Android game was underwhelming, so I'm hoping ArcSys can do a better job.

In some kind of perfect situation, it would result in a new fighting game based around DD! Yeah, it's pretty good news, assuming they use the properties.

You have to carefully reproduce the world of "Castlevania" in the solemn atmosphere.

youloute
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 06:51post reply

Fun fact: (The Master System version of) Double Dragon was one of the very first games ASW worked on.

Spoon
2913th Post

"Re(3):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 07:35post reply

quote:

In some kind of perfect situation, it would result in a new fighting game based around DD! Yeah, it's pretty good news, assuming they use the properties.

Double Dragon Isuka incoming

Although the old Double Dragon game that was on the Neo Geo was kind of amusing, I would really prefer a beat'em up to a 1v1 fighting game.

I personally hope they make some kind of new Kunio-kun game, and not just a remake of any of the old ones.

Mosquiton
2040th Post

"Re(4):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 10:19post reply

quote:

Although the old Double Dragon game that was on the Neo Geo was kind of amusing, I would really prefer a beat'em up to a 1v1 fighting game.

I agree.

quote:

I personally hope they make some kind of new Kunio-kun game, and not just a remake of any of the old ones.

I dunno... a new Dodge Dall might be pretty hype.

/ / /

neo0r0chiaku
43th Post

PSN: n/a
XBL: IAMDC1

Rare Customer

"Re(4):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 10:50post reply

quote:

Did anyone like Rage of the Dragons? Was it under rated? Could it have been better and span more sequels? I like the beat'ems up better. One reason was becuase it was hard and it took precision to progress. Not sure if many (new) gamers would want that now.

Long Live!

Gojira
3108th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Re(4):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 13 Jun 12:44post reply

quote:

Yeah, as nice as a new Kunio and/or DD fighting game would be, I'm reasonably sure that I would much rather have a new beat-em-up RPG with proper HD aesthetics and the most kickass rockabilly soundtrack possible.

justicekyo
739th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):I'm sure most of you know already..." , posted Sat 20 Jun 05:54post reply

quote:
Fun fact: (The Master System version of) Double Dragon was one of the very first games ASW worked on.

Indeed. I own it. Wonderful port(flicker issues aside).

ASW's wonderful HD sprites and animation would be incredible for DD.