Dragon's Dogma Online... ! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4299 Views )

Mosquiton
2020th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Tue 27 Jan 18:31:post reply

Details coming soon... In Famitsu.

DragDog Online was rumored for a while, and I knew was pretty confident this was on the way, but still. Holy shit! Please be good!

I almost feel like there's no way they could twist this in such a way as to leave me uninterested, but I'm honestly hoping this will fulfill all the hopes and dreams I had for a sequel.

This isn't some kind of sick joke, is it? This is a big reveal, right?

Well we'll see I guess. So, anyone else excited?

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Tue 27 Jan 18:43]

Replies:

Sasha
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Tue 27 Jan 19:20post reply

I'm praying to all the Gods and spirits in all the languages I know for it to come to PC/Steam. Please, please be true.

Please.

Por favor.

Iggy
9853th Post

"Re(1):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Tue 27 Jan 19:33post reply

I'm excited to know where Deep Down stand on this.
Or what remains of which. Or if they will reveal one was actually the other all along. It is all very confusing.

Pollyanna
3721th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(2):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Tue 27 Jan 20:08post reply

quote:
I'm praying to all the Gods and spirits in all the languages I know for it to come to PC/Steam. Please, please be true.

Please.

Por favor.

PC/PS4/PS3. Looks like you meet in a lobby with a large number of players, form a party and do missions? So maybe a bit like PSO? Free to play. Likely mostly made with recycled materials. I'm not complaining.

According to his Twitter Ono says Deep Down is still in development, so no relationship there.

There will likely be more and more accurate information soon, but Sasha's "prayer" made me want to post ASAP.

I am undressed from 80’s style and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

chazumaru
1410th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Tue 27 Jan 22:47post reply

Scans and info. Indeed, it's basically a F2P online version of the first game, re-using pretty much all its assets. Not a bad idea, considering how Capcom is both struggling in the F2P area and struggling to create new assets/franchises in general. This could become a compelling competitor for Guild Wars if the F2P elements are integrated properly in what was initially a packaged game... Hmm, actually, has that ever happened with good results? I would not be surprised if China was the main market for this title.

Also, I guess this counts as a new Dragon's Dogma? In which case, I lost my bet (from the notorious "Capcom is doomed!" thread) that we would see a new DMC before a new DD. Aaah, there I was getting quite confident after the DMC-related announcements earlier this year... This new direction does not bode well for a traditional sequel to DD, on the other hand.

Keeping track, my other Capcom bet in that thread was that Monster Hunter 4G would reach 3M units. Zepy's more pessimistic prediction was 2M. The game actually concluded 2014 right in between our numbers, at 2.5M.

The other day, Amazon UK offered me to pre-order Deep Down. Haha ! Well played, Amazon.

Même Narumi est épatée !

Ishmael
5076th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(4):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 01:07post reply

Any news of DD is good news to me. The F2P model is fraught with danger but it's not like console releases don't have problems as well so I'll guess I'll wait to see how this one plays out.

While I am greatly looking forward to joining an online group to climb onto large animals and punch the holy hell out of them I do wonder about the details. Will pawns return? I loved my pawns. Who will tell me that wolves hunt in packs in this new game? Will there now be in-game player gestures, taunts and dance moves? The primary reason to play multiplayer games is for the moments when all the players drop everything and start dancing.

Iggy
9855th Post

"Re(5):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 01:39post reply

quote:
Will there now be in-game player gestures, taunts and dance moves?

Unfortunately, there may not be new dance moves in DDO.
Because unfortunately, there may be new dance moves in another game.

Ishmael
5078th Post

"Re(6):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 02:51post reply

quote:
Will there now be in-game player gestures, taunts and dance moves?
Unfortunately, there may not be new dance moves in DDO.
Because unfortunately, there may be new dance moves in another game.

Ha, most of these are straight out of Lost Planet 2! Do the Monster Hunter games feature these same recycled animations? I really like the idea that Capcom has a repository of absurd actions that they can slot into any game when needed because there are many situations that need the crazy good job emote.

Mosquiton
2020th Post

"Re(3):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 04:55post reply

quote:

PC/PS4/PS3. Looks like you meet in a lobby with a large number of players, form a party and do missions? So maybe a bit like PSO? Free to play. Likely mostly made with recycled materials. I'm not complaining.

When you kind of expect nothing (or free-to-play) I think the info that's out now isn't quite so bad. Regarding the recycled content, the F2P with updates model certainly makes it seem likely they'll be adding chunks to the world. I did see something about "seasonal updates" gradually increasing the size of the world.

Honestly I'd be surprised if a "real sequel they threw out the entire world's geography rather than modifying and adding onto it. For the problems it has with repetition, it's a really well-constructed space. And of course throwing new monsters, equipment, skills, or what have you is a given.

But while I won't complain I do feel a bit ambivalent. Will Dragon's Dogma Online still retain a grand sense of adventure under this new structure?

The funny thing is that even through Dark Arisen really moved toward repeatable, semi-randomized content and was set up to provide an increasingly challenging grind for better and better gear, it still (to me) had a strong element of mystery and a good sense of place.

I guess I'm in the wait and see phase now. I'm sure there will be some compromises, but as one of the last of the old guard I'm sure Kobayashi will do what he can.

At any rate, this is definitely the first free-to-play game I've really looked forward to. I can't say I wouldn't open my wallet for this one, either.

/ / /

Spoon
2781th Post

"Re(6):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 05:07post reply

quote:
Barry

The question is, when will Capcom cash in on the re-integration of some really classic content:
Ouuuuch!

chazumaru
1413th Post

"Re(7):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 06:02post reply

Also I am not sure if this has been clear for everyone or if the absence of an Xbox One version made it obvious enough, but so far DD Online is not planned for the West.

quote:
A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.

Même Narumi est épatée !

Mosquiton
2021th Post

"Re(8):Dragon's Dogma Online... !" , posted Wed 28 Jan 07:04post reply

quote:
Also I am not sure if this has been clear for everyone or if the absence of an Xbox One version made it obvious enough, but so far DD Online is not planned for the West.

A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.

Eh, it's not guaranteed but I don't necessarily believe it's unlikely. To be fair, Capcom UK once confirmed a Dragon's Dogma PC version was coming. And then they retracted it.

Aside from the fact that PR doesn't always know what they're talking about or knowingly release deliberately misleading statements, I wouldn't expect a "confirmed for other territories" announcement to accompany a "first look" article in Famitsu.

I personally think Drag Dog Online and Deep Down will both end up heading west. Time will tell, I guess.

/ / /

chazumaru
1416th Post

"Better quality" , posted Wed 28 Jan 17:32:post reply

Well, there is a long tradition of Japanese publishers deciding not to release their F2P in the West. Aspects to consider are:
• Translation and testing are external, and maybe the company in charge is too busy.
• Maybe there are a lot of new texts and Capcom feels it's not worth the budget+planning.
• Maybe Capcom does not want to invest in the servers, testers and community managers.

So, it would not surprise me at all if DDO remained exclusive to Asian territories. That being said, I think it would be worth the effort; there is a Western market for this game. I hope you get it!

[edit]
Better qualityhttp://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/01/this-weeks-famitsu-scans_28.htmlscans.

Même Narumi est épatée !

[this message was edited by chazumaru on Thu 29 Jan 03:44]

Mosquiton
2023th Post

"First Trailer" , posted Thu 29 Jan 17:19:post reply

Well it pretty much looks like Dragon's Dogma.

Meaning, it doesn't look so bad! The action, at least, looks more or less in tact.

quote:
Well, there is a long tradition of Japanese publishers deciding not to release their F2P in the West. Aspects to consider are:
• Translation and testing are external, and maybe the company in charge is too busy.
• Maybe there are a lot of new texts and Capcom feels it's not worth the budget+planning.
• Maybe Capcom does not want to invest in the servers, testers and community managers.

So, it would not surprise me at all if DDO remained exclusive to Asian territories. That being said, I think it would be worth the effort; there is a Western market for this game. I hope you get it!

I definitely understand your reasoning here. Your points make sense, and I'm not unaware of the precedents. PSO2 is probably the prime example to point to here, and I'm sure it's these exact hassles and expenses that kept it out of other regions.

Still, regardless of what's happening with Deep Down, Dragon's Dogma Online has also been trademarked and if they want to apply the free-to-play business models in the West, it's likely that they'll end up biting the bullet and committing resources to one of these games in hopes of making some money.

I'll admit that as a big fan of the first game I prefer to be optimistic, but it's certainly not a foregone conclusion. Corporations are almost as strange as people, and while there are many factors in play, some decisions do come down to one guy saying "Look, this is the way we're doing things."

I tend to tread industry speculation like betting on sports. It certainly makes sense to examine trends, stats, and other factors, but some information is invisible and some is just up to chance. In the end I tend to simply bet on the teams I want to win, so to speak.

But I am curious, would you play DD:ON yourself, Chaz?

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Thu 29 Jan 17:29]

nobinobita
1375th Post

"Re(1):First Trailer" , posted Thu 29 Jan 18:53post reply

quote:
Well it pretty much looks like Dragon's Dogma.

Meaning, it doesn't look so bad! The action, at least, looks more or less in tact.

It has a much more Japanese, Monster Hunter-ish feeling to it now. Normally this would appeal to me, but I actually miss the subdued, classic hard fantasy feeling of the previous games. It's too bad Daigo Ikeno isn't working on this one. The look and feel of the game is more generic now. Still looks super fun though. I hope they can figure out how to make the freemium work.

www.art-eater.com

Ishmael
5080th Post

"Re(2):First Trailer" , posted Fri 30 Jan 08:16post reply

quote:
It has a much more Japanese, Monster Hunter-ish feeling to it now. Normally this would appeal to me, but I actually miss the subdued, classic hard fantasy feeling of the previous games. It's too bad Daigo Ikeno isn't working on this one. The look and feel of the game is more generic now. Still looks super fun though. I hope they can figure out how to make the freemium work.

You're right, it does feel like it has slightly more of a video game sheen to it this time. I'm sure it will still be a fun game but I did enjoy that aesthetic that DD1 was going for. My favorite example of this was the chimera. In most games an artist would try to put their own spin on a chimera in how the monster was put together. But DD took the most classic rendition of a chimera possible and slapped it right into the game. That could have been bad but because the creature was so beautifully created it totally worked. Even if the look of DD might change a bit let's hope the same care goes into its production.

chazumaru
1418th Post

"Re(3):First Trailer" , posted Fri 30 Jan 09:50post reply

quote:
But I am curious, would you play DD:ON yourself, Chaz

I think it will entirely depend on my friends. I have a few close friends who were really into DD soon after the original launch ; I picked up the Dark Arisen version much, much later for cheap so I missed on the opportunity to enjoy the game with them (on the other hand, finding and recruiting their Pawns years after they played the game was a pretty fun and uncommon experience for us).

Those friends have a PS4 now so there is a chance they would pick the game, provided access to the game is not exclusive to Japan (i.e. regulated by a VPN like Dragon Quest X or Monster Hunter Frontier). I did not go far in DD, but I could see what was engaging about the game. I would not be interested to play this online version by myself or with strangers, but if those friends fall back into it, I might follow them at least for a few hours, if not more. The only investment to follow them would be to download the game and have a PS+ account.

I also think the very technical combat system is helpful for the game as a F2P experience. Unless Capcom messes up the balance of the game, it will allow some players to accomplish great things with underpowered equipment, while I can see some players paying money to get better equipment faster and make up for lesser skills.

Même Narumi est épatée !

chazumaru
1451th Post

"7 minutes" , posted Mon 16 Mar 21:35post reply

Seven minutes with DDO, starting from 5:10 in this video. Unfortunately the encoding is not very good.

Même Narumi est épatée !

Ishmael
5113th Post

"Re(1):7 minutes" , posted Tue 17 Mar 04:34post reply

quote:
Seven minutes with DDO, starting from 5:10 in this video. Unfortunately the encoding is not very good.

Thanks for pointing that one out. I'm trying to keep myself from getting excited about DDO since I have no idea if I'll ever get a chance to play it but I can't deny it looks fun. Nuts, now I want to play DD again.

Mosquiton
2029th Post

"Re(2):7 minutes" , posted Tue 17 Mar 05:17:post reply

quote:

Thanks for pointing that one out. I'm trying to keep myself from getting excited about DDO since I have no idea if I'll ever get a chance to play it but I can't deny it looks fun. Nuts, now I want to play DD again.

There are some truly awful quality versions of this demo floating around, this one isn't bad at all by comparison!

Kind of cool seeing the hunter climbing the tree and shooting down. I'm still trying to get a sense for how rigidly role-based combat is going to be... but it's way too early to say I suppose.

One thing that stuck out... the damage numbers. It kind of hints at an emphasis on stats that's a hallmark of MMO-ish design. I think I can make peace with the gameplay pushing in this direction (Dark Arisen was pushing in this direction already), but I find this kind of feedback to be superfluous in a game that does a good job depicting enemies staggering and reacting to your attacks. I hope the optional and can be toggled on or off.

Edit: Why do I try to make long posts on my phone?

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Tue 17 Mar 05:18]

HAYATO
1196th Post

PSN: Lord-Hayato

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):7 minutes" , posted Sun 29 Mar 21:00post reply

quote:

I wish I had enough free time to play this DDO, it seems it would be well spent!

Gorgeous environments (albeit a bit dull and barren, something expected to change by the time it reaches final status), great animation and dynamic mechanics, this one has everything to become a great hit. Too bad it'll be a while since we get this one in the West. Moreover, given the time consuming nature of MMORPGs, I'm afraid I'd have to let it pass anyway...

the real kap
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):7 minutes" , posted Sun 29 Mar 21:47:post reply

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This has been bothering me for at least 6 years, what's going on in your sig?

[this message was edited by the real kap on Sun 29 Mar 21:47]

HAYATO
1198th Post

"Re(3):7 minutes" , posted Sun 29 Mar 22:53post reply

quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

According to Masamune Shirow, Poseidon Police Corps are a rough bunch, specially while frisking females...

the real kap
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):7 minutes" , posted Sun 29 Mar 23:29post reply

quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

According to Masamune Shirow, Poseidon Police Corps are a rough bunch, specially while frisking females...

My suspicions were correct, thanks for the explanation... >_<;

kofoguz
1162th Post

"Re(4):7 minutes" , posted Mon 30 Mar 01:39post reply

quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought that was a punch. How naive of me! (also how skinny legs are they).

HAYATO
1199th Post

"Re(5):7 minutes" , posted Mon 30 Mar 05:33post reply

quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought that was a punch. How naive of me! (also how skinny legs are they).

Well, the bright marks around her are meant to be bullets ricocheting on the wall. Just to make it clear:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Iris Hallet, Cyril Brooklyn's former friend and accomplished female sniper, rescues her just in time...

End of Spoiler

I've always been a huge Shirow Masamune fan and although it saddens me deeply to see such an innovative and lauded manga author as him surviving on these lesser erotic works, I can't help keeping an eye on his career. Thus, I created this signature to use it as a tongue-in-cheek homage in multiple forums, but it got censored in all of them but this cozy cafe of ours... go figure!!

BTW, forgive the off-topic, it wasn't my intention to derail the thread with my Shirow shenanigans.

Mosquiton
2030th Post

"New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Sat 4 Apr 13:29post reply

Third trailer is out. Some additional classes shown, Seeker and Sorcerer.

I feel like the Hunter class seems to be a bit one-dimensional from what they've shown so far, splitting apart and tweaking the Strider's skill set from Dragon's dogma into separate stabby and shooty components seems to have resulted in a pretty cool-looking acrobatic fighter called the Seeker.

In other news I no longer own a PS3 so I won't even bother trying to get into the alpha. I would be curious to hear impressions if anyone here does, though!

/ / /

Ishmael
5127th Post

"Re(1):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Tue 7 Apr 11:27post reply

DDO reminds me of the switch from D&D: Tower of Doom to D&D: Shadows of Mystara. While both games shared a lot of assets ToD was very much in the vein of Western tabletop RPG's while SoM was much more an arcade game. Hopefully DDO keeps that streak of transitions alive but, annoyingly enough, I know I won't be able to play the beta.

Ishmael
5155th Post

"Re(2):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Thu 7 May 04:36post reply

Just because, I decided to once again resume playing DD. Even my eternally optimistic pawn looks forlorn at the realization that she's been called back to duty. That, or she's annoyed that she's now chalk white and will easily sunburn when marching all over hill and dale. I may not be able to play the new DD beta but I can do my best to keep the local goblin population down in the original game.

This "news" in no way deserves a post.

Mosquiton
2034th Post

"Re(3):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Sun 10 May 08:49post reply

quote:
Just because, I decided to once again resume playing DD. Even my eternally optimistic pawn looks forlorn at the realization that she's been called back to duty. That, or she's annoyed that she's now chalk white and will easily sunburn when marching all over hill and dale. I may not be able to play the new DD beta but I can do my best to keep the local goblin population down in the original game.

This "news" in no way deserves a post.

Are you playing Warrior? That's the one class I haven't gotten to max level. I love the mechanic of letting loose with a charge attack during a limited sweet spot, but it's kind of painful to me not to have access to more than four skills, and there are certain enemies that make you feel rather useless.

I wonder if DDO will have a different take on the two-handed weapon class? The trend so far has been slightly more specialized classes that fill particular roles, but I also wonder if they're planning to have hybrid classes later on....

/ / /

Ishmael
5160th Post

"Re(4):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Mon 11 May 07:27post reply

quote:
Are you playing Warrior? That's the one class I haven't gotten to max level. I love the mechanic of letting loose with a charge attack during a limited sweet spot, but it's kind of painful to me not to have access to more than four skills, and there are certain enemies that make you feel rather useless.

Yeah, the Warrior class is really, really limited. I thought it would be fun to force myself to rely on that one, giant hit to swing the tide of the match. That sounds good in theory but there are some points during the game where I'm hopping around uselessly hoping that the enemy will be polite enough to fly within range of my sword. This is a class where the pawns need to carry their portion of the load. The limitation makes it fun but Warrior class only works if my pawns remembered to pack their brains when they prepared for the day's adventures.

(Speaking of pawns, my pawn is still getting hired. Here I thought I was going to be the only person still mucking about with DD.)

quote:
I wonder if DDO will have a different take on the two-handed weapon class? The trend so far has been slightly more specialized classes that fill particular roles, but I also wonder if they're planning to have hybrid classes later on....

I do hope the Warrior class gets a remix in DDO along with everything else that's getting changed around. While I would enjoy seeing hybrid classes come back I can understand that the programmers are emphasizing specialized skills just for the sake of balance. Having one player who can do anything is okay in DD but having four Mystic Knights filling up the screen with magic ping pong balls would wreck DDO. Perhaps hybrid classes would only be allowed in some sort of solo mode?

Mosquiton
2035th Post

"Re(5):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Tue 12 May 07:16post reply

quote:
I do hope the Warrior class gets a remix in DDO along with everything else that's getting changed around. While I would enjoy seeing hybrid classes come back I can understand that the programmers are emphasizing specialized skills just for the sake of balance. Having one player who can do anything is okay in DD but having four Mystic Knights filling up the screen with magic ping pong balls would wreck DDO. Perhaps hybrid classes would only be allowed in some sort of solo mode?

True, but I feel that in DD it's mostly the strength of the "advanced" classes' abilities themselves (Great Cannon is definitely insane).

With the multiplayer approach they're taking, I can see they want you to rely on teamwork rather than just doing everything yourself, but I feel like they could still have classes that are a little more flexible (mixing ranged/melee/magic to some extent) without creating balance-wrecking Übermensch.

/ / /

HokutoAndy
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Wed 13 May 23:58post reply

Something that bugged me with playing a warrior was the lack of mobility moves. The light weapon guys can double jump and spellcasters can levitate, but if you see an out of reach treasure chest as a heavy weapon dude you're out of luck.

I hope DDO does something about that.

Ishmael
5162th Post

"Re(6):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Thu 14 May 00:35post reply

quote:
With the multiplayer approach they're taking, I can see they want you to rely on teamwork rather than just doing everything yourself, but I feel like they could still have classes that are a little more flexible (mixing ranged/melee/magic to some extent) without creating balance-wrecking Übermensch.

Speaking of teamwork I wonder if they are going to try to do more with team-up abilities? For example, in DD the Warrior had the ability to launch other team members into the air, which was a trick that seemed more suicidal than useful. Having abilities that directly impacted the rest of the party seemed like an idea they had for DD but it wasn't well fleshed out. Will they explore this concept more thoroughly in DDO or will the assist abilities be the standard healing/buff tricks? If it was the former the variety in DDO could come not from the flexibility of each class but the synergy of the entire team.

Spoon
2899th Post

"Re(7):New trailer, attack on dogma" , posted Tue 9 Jun 00:22post reply

Windows/PS4 crossplay?

System requirements on PC are surprisingly low.

Mosquiton
2048th Post

"New jobs, new info" , posted Fri 26 Jun 03:42post reply

At Dengeki Online.

Looks like Magick Archer and Warrior are in.

Looks like the Magick Element Elemental Archer still busts out Panzer Dragoonish homing arrows as the signature feature of the class. They've predictably lost their secondary weapon choice and apparently gained a healing skill. Looks like the heal-blast is a multi-lock skill as well, which seems pretty convenient!

HP restoration isn't unheard of for the class (MAs had a holy, self-healing dagger skill) and support skills were already part of magickal archery in the original Drag Dog, with "bracer arrow" and "ward arrow" buffing party defense/magic defense, so this kind of role makes sense. I'm really interested in this class, even without their cool dagger magicks and techniques. Maybe if I pray to the dragon enough times/gain enough XP....

As for Warrior, they were already specialized in such a way that team play was necessary to cover their weaknesses (as Ishmael explained above), so they kind of fit the online template already. From this early description, it doesn't look like they've changed much at all. In other words, they still hit things really hard. The screens seem to show moves that look like "savage lunge" and "savage lash".

It also looks like savage lash or some other skill also has a function to convert damage you've taken into extra power ("act of atonement/vengeance" style).

There are also some details here on fighting extra-large monsters. It's very much in line with the way things worked in old Drag Dog, with the ability to crawl all over them, hammer on weak spots, and stagger enemies with big damage, but it's maybe a bit more formalized now.

Giant enemies now have visible stamina bars and fighting them "the right way" (clinging and beating, hitting weakspots, exploiting elemental weaknesses) can tire them out more quickly. I'm not a big fan of watching bars go up and down, but imagine this visible info will help parties determine which strategies are most effective and coordinate on when to go all out.

One or two other interesting details as well. The Priest's healing aura skill can apparently highlight the spots on a monster you should be DPSing. While I'm sure you could figure it out without them, Priests are really looking like they are close to indispensable, as they often are in any other online RPG.

Regarding the possibility of actually playing the game, it looks like Capcom registered a Dragon's Dogma Online trademark in New Zealand, so I'm using this twig to kindle my hope that DDO may eventually see a broader release.

/ / /

Gojira
3112th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Flash sale" , posted Sun 28 Jun 14:25post reply

Minor note: If you don't have it yet, you can get Dark Arisen for pretty cheap ($13) in the PSN flash sale this weekend.

Ishmael
5204th Post

"Re(1):Flash sale" , posted Sun 28 Jun 23:50post reply

quote:
Minor note: If you don't have it yet, you can get Dark Arisen for pretty cheap ($13) in the PSN flash sale this weekend.

Get it everyone! And then use Juan's pawn since she's a ridiculously good support character. You can use mine as well but she's somewhat unremarkable.

quote:
Giant enemies now have visible stamina bars and fighting them "the right way" (clinging and beating, hitting weakspots, exploiting elemental weaknesses) can tire them out more quickly. I'm not a big fan of watching bars go up and down, but imagine this visible info will help parties determine which strategies are most effective and coordinate on when to go all out.

One or two other interesting details as well. The Priest's healing aura skill can apparently highlight the spots on a monster you should be DPSing. While I'm sure you could figure it out without them, Priests are really looking like they are close to indispensable, as they often are in any other online RPG.

All that sounds really good. Since the pawns aren't there to provide constant play-by-play it seems the programmers are trying to find new ways to let players know how the battle is going. I assume that DD1 had invisible stun gauges for the bosses so being able to see how disoriented you're making the monster is a nice addition. Still, I hope there's an option to turn that info off since it is possible to get too much clutter on the screen.

Has there been any news about what sort of close range attack the archer characters are going to have. Are they even going to get a minor melee attack like what the magic users have to be content with?

Juan
4576th Post

PSN: Buttermonster
XBL: Prepaidpenguin
Wii: WiiU:Buttermonster

"Re(2):Flash sale" , posted Sat 11 Jul 03:25post reply

quote:

Get it everyone! And then use Juan's pawn since she's a ridiculously good support character. You can use mine as well but she's somewhat unremarkable.

I liked my support character because it reminded me of playing with healer friends in mmos. They would come back from parties and tell me of how they found ways to heal AND do competitive damage. Unfortunately I could not feed them potions to go back to normal like the pawns.

But yes! If anyone wants to use my pawn send me a friend request so you don't have to pay a billion dollars. Unfortunately I haven't fixed my ps3 or I would take pawns on WILD ADVENTURES and send them back with really comfortable looking cloaks.

chazumaru
1537th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Closed Beta2" , posted Fri 7 Aug 17:55post reply

If you have a PS3 or PS4 and JP PSN account, you can take part in the next closed beta by registering an account on COG and downloading the client on the PS Store. You can also try from the PC client.

8/10(月)10:00までの期間限定なので、今すぐPS Storeに急げ!

詳細は『ドラゴンズドグマ オンライン』公式サイトを確認しよう!
https://members.dd-on.jp/info/detail/1/127
※株式会社カプコンの公式サイトへ遷移します。

The beta will start today - actually it already started - and will end monday at 10:00AM (JP time).
2015年8月7日(金) 12:00 ~ 8月10日(月) 10:00

Warning: there is a very, very strong chance your connection to the game will be IP-blocked unless you are in Japan. VPN might counter this problem but recently SQEX and COG have been pretty efficient at spotting VPN users.

I won't bother, personally, but good luck!

Même Narumi est épatée !

chazumaru
1549th Post

"Dark Arisen returns (on PC)" , posted Wed 9 Sep 00:07post reply

Capcom Europe has just announced the release of DD Dark Arisen on PC in January 2016.
※ I am pretty sure this is not DD Online but a port of the original game + its extension to Windows.

Même Narumi est épatée !

Ishmael
5267th Post

"Re(1):Dark Arisen returns (on PC)" , posted Wed 9 Sep 07:28post reply

quote:
Capcom Europe has just announced the release of DD Dark Arisen on PC in January 2016.
※ I am pretty sure this is not DD Online but a port of the original game + its extension to Windows.

While it's just a port of the original game anything that keeps DD in the spotlight is good news.

Gojira
3127th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Re(2):Dark Arisen returns (on PC)" , posted Wed 9 Sep 08:45post reply

quote:

While it's just a port of the original game anything that keeps DD in the spotlight is good news.

Maybe Capcom testing the waters for a (potentially international) PC version of DDO?

chazumaru
1551th Post

"Re(3):Dark Arisen returns (on PC)" , posted Wed 9 Sep 19:20post reply

Possibly! Although my own conclusion was the opposite: I see this as the indirect confirmation they do not intend to bother with DDO outside Asia, and prefer Western PC users to purchase the original package version instead.

Même Narumi est épatée !