Original message (1595 Views )

Maou
2688th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 years" , posted Wed 15 Oct 10:43:post reply

THE FIRST TRUE NEW LUPIN III TV SERIES IS COMING OUT NEXT SPRING ...in Italy!?

Japanese broadcast to follow. The Italians have always loved their "Cliff Hanger," but a PS4-esque advanced international launch must be a first.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's set in Italy and the small mountain republic of San Marino. Director is Tomonaga Kazuhide, key animator on Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro under Miyazaki. He describes his take on Lupin as embodying the contradictory features of the character, who's "hardboiled yet comical, cool yet goofy."

Not a bad sign. I'd have been happiest to see the same high-quality art and sexy-noir attitude of the Woman Named Mine Fujiko TV series but with a better director than that show. I guess the latter at least has a chance of being fulfilled.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 15 Oct 10:49]

Replies:

Professor
4142th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 y" , posted Wed 15 Oct 17:47post reply

quote:
THE FIRST TRUE NEW LUPIN III TV SERIES IS COMING OUT NEXT SPRING ...in Italy!?

Japanese broadcast to follow. The Italians have always loved their "Cliff Hanger," but a PS4-esque advanced international launch must be a first.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's set in Italy and the small mountain republic of San Marino. Director is Tomonaga Kazuhide, key animator on Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro under Miyazaki. He describes his take on Lupin as embodying the contradictory features of the character, who's "hardboiled yet comical, cool yet goofy."

Not a bad sign. I'd have been happiest to see the same high-quality art and sexy-noir attitude of the Woman Named Mine Fujiko TV series but with a better director than that show. I guess the latter at least has a chance of being fulfilled.

Wow this is awesome! So Tom's Entertainment will be handling this series once again, which should be good. I'll certainly be looking forward to this as well as the Disc release of Jigen no Bohyou! Oho, all those bonuses...

Ishmael
4994th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(2):New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 y" , posted Wed 15 Oct 23:33post reply

Great news! I like that to officially make it a news series they gave Lupin a new jacket color. We've now moved into the blue jacket phase of Lupin's career.

Maou
2688th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh

"Re(2):New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 y" , posted Thu 16 Oct 02:05post reply

quote:
Jigen no Bohyou!
That reminds me: Prof, how did you like it? Being out of the country during the first good-looking movie release since Dead or Alive was one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Professor
4151th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 y" , posted Sat 25 Oct 15:09post reply

quote:
Jigen no Bohyou! That reminds me: Prof, how did you like it? Being out of the country during the first good-looking movie release since Dead or Alive was one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Agh missed this post! The film was just exactly what you'd expect to see when you're going for a Lupin flick! Lots of action and.. ehh, shallow storyline. Here's a few notes-

- Not much silly or comedic relief compared to the usual TV shows! This film seemed to follow along the the original manga series' atmosphere.

- Given that it was for theaters, there was obviously more freedom for the creators and yes, there's quite a bit of nudity from Fujiko!

- The art direction looked a lot similar to the Mine Fujiko TV series, except it was done by the art director of RedLine. Very good quality.

- The film actually ran as two 30-min shows stuck together (pt.1 & pt.2) and it even had credits/staff rolls after each part. Obviously the film was intended for disc release; the theater show might've not been in the production company's initial plans.

Ishmael
5002th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(4):New Lupin III TV series - first in 30 y" , posted Sun 26 Oct 00:37post reply

quote:
- Given that it was for theaters, there was obviously more freedom for the creators and yes, there's quite a bit of nudity from Fujiko!

I'm glad to know that the franchise's tradition of gratuitous nudity is alive and well. Hopefully the new series will feature several moments of Lupin running buck nekkid down the middle of the street because that never gets old.