LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3774 Views )

kofoguz
1125th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Wed 8 Oct 12:44post reply

I just finished the series and I'm in love with it and SKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYY HIIGH! Who would've told waay less deranged but still airhead, blonde Tom Cruise would be so hot! His vanilla personality makes him stand out more in the crew. He's a goofball (I know, I know totally opposite of me ), goody goody, awkward but dedicated, cool without noticing husband material. Me likey.

Warning: Spoilerish

Anyway out of my crush on a
cartoon character I post this thread because it was here, MMcafe that I've first heard this series. Recently I decided to watch and instantly fell in love with it. And I crave for more, eventhough sometimes storylines could be a bit predictable, it still has great settings and pace is just right. Not too dragged, not too fast. And I liked that they planned out the main plot from the beginning. You can even see the big hint in the first season's opening.

Other plusses is that it contains a lot of bromance outright Hoyay, deliciously shamelessly. It really has positive portray of LGBT in heart such as having random gay and lesbian couples in the background, :Rising's it's ok to be me/gay subplot except for Fire Emblem's bum-touching harrasment of Rock Bison but it still is in character so it is OK to have a faulty features. Though it wasn't always like this with coded gay characters like Natasha and Pao Lin. So while its heart is in the right place, it doesnt decide fully on being clear or in disguise. This is evenmore surprising for me since recently I heard Japan itself isnt aware about LGBT or sensitive about its issues.

I really like how it has thought out lore for just another action series; the mythology, the setting, the next, easter egg characters and everything.The only thing I dont like is knowing Lunatic's motives I cant see why he would attack Kotetsu (my second go to crush). Kotetsu is not a killer so thinking back and failing to find a satisfying answer is the biggest fault of the series. Or I need to re-watch aforomentioned episodes.

So what do you think about the series?

P.S: My avatar and sig seems to be down and it encouraged me to have certain someone's scenes. Thank you and thank you again.

Replies:

Professor
4144th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Wed 15 Oct 17:43:post reply

Tiger & Bunny was a great series! Despite being 3 years old it still has a decent following in Japan, thanks in part to the latest film release earlier this year. I recall seeing stacks of this magazine at my local bookstore. Still haven't seen the film, which I should since I'm curious about the new character.

I wonder if any of the settings that were left unexplained in the original anime series were covered in the film releases? Like how the city's layout and its money had imprints of the Uroboros clan. There were quite a lot of those sort of mysteries throughout the anime.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 15 Oct 17:54]

Spoon
2693th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Thu 16 Oct 03:42post reply

I remember the first time I saw it, I was totally impressed with the Pepsi Next commercial and couldn't stop laughing at the UStream sponsored flying hero.

It took almost no time at all to see that the show would become popular with the yaoi fans, and I had to wonder if the show was meant to have another season or two.

I think that the best episode of the whole show was the one where the backstory of the judge gets explored. The entire angle of how the greatest hero in late middle age loses his powers, it becoming his mid-life crisis and existential challenge, and him taking it out on his wife and son was probably the most powerful and well-executed story of the series. For the sake of the juxtaposition, I can understand why the comparison between the primary character losing his power (Tiger), the character rising to prominence (Bunny), and the tale of the other power-loser (the Judge's dad) all being male, but it would've been interesting to see that from the perspective of female characters. Arguably, that would put it into the archetype of the Triple Goddess, though.

kofoguz
1127th Post

"Re(2):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Thu 16 Oct 20:06:post reply

quote:
I wonder if any of the settings that were left unexplained in the original anime series were covered in the film releases? Like how the city's layout and its money had imprints of the Uroboros clan. There were quite a lot of those sort of mysteries throughout the anime.

The answer is...

I'm impressed with how the series handling the mysteries. You can clearly guess somethings but still manages to surprise you. Like...
And like I said before, I love how they not stretch the mysteries. There's a great story telling skills the way they revealed it. No unnecessary fillers. The episodes seems like fillers such as Kotetsu going to his hometown or random criminal chases has significant clues to the reveal.

As for Ouroboros;

Speaking of mysteries, in the first episode there was a random shot of a screw when Kotetsu talking to Ben. Is there a reference of something Im unfamiliar with?.Is there meaning behind it?

Finally one of the funniest moments was the DragonKid's reply to BlueRose.

FireEmblem: Lets show them the girl power.
BlueRose: One of us is not fitting to the definition.
DragonKid: Is it because I am such a tomboy.
I LOL'd
Edit: I wanted the mention also series is like the love child of SNK and Ace Attorney series. The 2nd season's ending especially reminds me this pic.
Random back alley gathering
Now with T&B

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Fri 17 Oct 21:37]

Professor
4153th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Sun 26 Oct 17:05:post reply

This month is Halloween, meaning it's cosplay time in Japan.
And what'd you know, saw him walking.

quote:

there was a random shot of a screw when Kotetsu talking to Ben. Is there a reference of something Im unfamiliar with?
 No idea. Is there a screenshot or a youtube clip of that?

[this message was edited by Professor on Sun 26 Oct 19:36]

Gojira
3069th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Sun 26 Oct 19:38post reply

quote:
And what'd you know, here he is walking.

Wow, without the hat he might as well be Kaminogi/Godot from Gyakuten. I can't believe I never noticed the similarity.

kofoguz
1127th Post

"Re(4):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Mon 27 Oct 04:02post reply

quote:

screw
I'm just curious. I dont think it has a great meaning in that but it is so random that I couldnt help myself but wonder. May be it's a metaphor on word play? I couldnt find a youtube video but it's on the first episode where Kotetsu learns from Ben that they've bankrupted.

Btw, my previous message seems to lost spoiler tagged parts. Might be my mistake or a technical one. Sorry for that.

Professor
4157th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):LTTP?; Tiger & Bunny!" , posted Wed 5 Nov 00:51:post reply

quote:

screw
I'm just curious. I dont think it has a great meaning in that but it is so random that I couldnt help myself but wonder. May be it's a metaphor on word play? I couldnt find a youtube video but it's on the first episode where Kotetsu learns from Ben that they've bankrupted.

I checked it out. It seems to just be a symbolizm for the conversation in that scene (that Kotetsu was the only person who didn't know that his sponsor was getting disbanded, ergo the lonely screw)

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 5 Nov 00:55]