Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City Ransom) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4523 Views )

holiday
2613th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City Ransom)" , posted Tue 21 Jan 20:37post reply

Surprised to know of a new River City Ransom tower defense game for iOS / Android. And no this is not that Kickstarter one.

Also, Tweet the message on the site by February 2nd. 30 lucky winners will receive a box of 50 umaibo sticks. Weird.
http://www.arith-metic.jp/kuniokun/

Replies:

Spoon
2546th Post

"Re(1):Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City R" , posted Wed 22 Jan 03:01post reply

quote:
Surprised to know of a new River City Ransom tower defense game for iOS / Android. And no this is not that Kickstarter one.

Also, Tweet the message on the site by February 2nd. 30 lucky winners will receive a box of 50 umaibo sticks. Weird.
http://www.arith-metic.jp/kuniokun/

This is something I never knew I wanted but now I just have to have!

exodus
4306th Post

"Re(1):Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City R" , posted Wed 22 Jan 08:37post reply

strange. I feel like everyone claims to be part of the original team, and it feels like just about anyone can make another "official" kunio game these days.

Maou
2586th Post

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(2):Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City R" , posted Wed 22 Jan 13:12post reply

quote:
it feels like just about anyone can make another "official" kunio game these days.

Oh sure, I made one last week. Get on it!

Granted, outside of a few projects where there's an obvious mastermind (Miyamoto and Mario, Sakaguchi and FF, etc.), a lot of these early releases seem to face this. Inafune as the sole father of Rockman (whatever) or maybe Naka Yuji with Sonic (how's about Oshima Naoto? Why, they were both making alternate official breakway sequels as early as Sonic CD vs. Sonic 2, both splendid.).

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
4805th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(3):Nekketsu Taisen Kunio-kun (River City R" , posted Thu 23 Jan 10:27post reply

quote:
it feels like just about anyone can make another "official" kunio game these days.
Oh sure, I made one last week. Get on it!

Granted, outside of a few projects where there's an obvious mastermind (Miyamoto and Mario, Sakaguchi and FF, etc.), a lot of these early releases seem to face this. Inafune as the sole father of Rockman (whatever) or maybe Naka Yuji with Sonic (how's about Oshima Naoto? Why, they were both making alternate official breakway sequels as early as Sonic CD vs. Sonic 2, both splendid.).

While these questionable claims of sole creation are getting out of hand I do wonder how much longer we are going to hear them. Aren't some of these game designers getting close to retirement age? Or are we going to get a new generation of designers who are going to use this point in their advertising? (It's a new game from the one true creator of Splinter Cell!) Come to think of it, with all these guys out there suddenly claiming auteur status I'm surprised we haven't come across the video game equivalent of Bill Finger.

All that said, a new Kunio-kun game is always welcome news.