Original message (16084 Views )

Professor
3936th Post

user profileedit/delete message

MMCafe Owner

"Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Thu 29 Aug 13:23:post reply

New thread since the game is out now!

A few tidbits about the game.

- Online connection is a MUST if you want to customize your characters. The Campaign mode can't be played without being connected.
- Campaign mode episodes are a download from PSN. The first one currently available is 171MB, free of course.
- You have 10 points of stamina in Campaign mode. It's like a SNS game: every time you search for an enemy, you deplete a stamina point. One stamina point takes 20 minutes to recover, so that's a total of 200 minutes. Sometimes you encounter an event instead of an enemy, in which case you can recover a life or get other effects.
- Mini-spoiler: [Fuugo, Stroheim, Tonio are amonst some of the characters in the campaign mode's events.]
- There's a mandatory/automatic HDD install when you launch the game for the first time.
- There's a day 1 patch, 8MB. Haven't checked what it fixes just yet.
- Very few characters are usable from the start.
- The game is in 30fps so it's a tad little choppy.
- The game itself is really mediocre. But the interface and details are a real treat for fans. There's constantly sub-characters talking, and other nice tidbits. For example the "go to next" icon is Kouichi's face flipping through pages, and waiting for connection icon is Iggy sniffing and walking.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 22 Nov 20:29]

Replies:

Iggy
9641th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Thu 29 Aug 21:00post reply

I think what bothers me the most is the lack of stages, and the semi-confirmation we won't get any more.
From a fighting game point of view, the current number is fine, more or less. Problem is the fighting game part is bad, and nobody really expected it to be any better in the first place.
But then, from a fan game point of view, it is hugely disappointing to have Hol Horse fighting in Vanilla's room or Cairo streets, or both Zeppelis from part 1&2 only fighting in areas they never saw... It just devolves the game from a good fan game to an extensive 3D model viewer and voice actors extravaganza.

I was thinking about the Capcom game on part 5, for PS2, and as bad as the game was, it did succeed in showing, in drama form, most of the scenes of the full Golden Wind. There were cinematic sequences and voice acting following the plot, and an arena for each fight, recreated from the manga to the maximum of the game's capacity.
Now, of course, the game itself was ten time worse than ASB, but I'm starting to think that as a fan game at the time, it is superior to ASB for that reason alone. I wasn't asking for a stage for each character (though that would have been nice) but the current highly detailed and limited stage selection entirely misses the point of the game: it works for a fighting game, which the game, as expected, is not.
Like a great deal of other things with the game, it shows again some huge misguided effort from a passionate but ultimately not very skilled team.

Professor
3877th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Thu 29 Aug 23:53post reply

I've played a tad more Jojo and here's my impression:

Story mode feels like was thrown in there just so people won't complain. It's all text-based, which gets displayed during the loading screen so people won't get bored. The ending is also text.

Campaign mode feels like it was developed as the core mode of the game. A lot of subcharacters appear in it, and the mode looks a lot more fancy and well developed than the story mode.

Online mode, beleive it or not, also actually feels like one of the game's core modes. Some aspects are integrated into the campaign mode. For example, a vision/mirror character customized by you (it's just an AI with your name on it) will appear in other people's campaign mode and you get bonus points if they beat players. Also, you earn "matchmaking" quotes for online when you play campaign mode. (When you're about to match up with someone in Ranked battle for example, you'll hear their selected quote when you get prompted if you want to match up).

Online is laggy a la KOF13. Some matches are playable, others have been seriously horrible. The game doesn't show accurate bars for sure.

Zepy
1629th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 00:15post reply

Does the game really have a 20 second loading time between matches?

I thought I would buy the game day one but I realised I was almost completely satisfied with the game once I watched all the moves of every character on nico. Now I'm on the fence

Iggy
9642th Post

"Re(4):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 08:07post reply

Amongst all this negativity, this combo video of Gyro Gyro's horse is strangely compelling.
Even more surprising: the game has damage reduction for long combos? Who would have thought!

Professor
3880th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 09:47:post reply

quote:
Does the game really have a 20 second loading time between matches?

I thought I would buy the game day one but I realised I was almost completely satisfied with the game once I watched all the moves of every character on nico. Now I'm on the fence

Yup, 20 second loads. You sort of get used to it though, since the matches themselves are relatively long. Someone under the name of Momochi (don't know if it's the real guy) is currently in the top 3 ranks playing with Joseph correction, it was some guy named Momoichi, one letter difference.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 30 Aug 14:20]

HokutoAndy
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 12:58post reply

For me, fighting games are "Street Fighter III, then everything else"

I also enjoyed the PS2 part 5 game, it really followed the story well and felt "right", from Bruno's first punch to the face to Requiem's stabbin'.

nobinobita
1209th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 13:55post reply

quote:
For me, fighting games are "Street Fighter III, then everything else"

I also enjoyed the PS2 part 5 game, it really followed the story well and felt "right", from Bruno's first punch to the face to Requiem's stabbin'.

I remember reading a preview of that game on IGN back in the day. The writer could not stop talking about how sexy all the women in the game were and how one of them even licked another sexy lady's face!

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/469/571/177.jpg

He must have been playing with the sound off or something.

www.art-eater.com

Mosquiton
1917th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 14:49post reply

quote:

I remember reading a preview of that game on IGN back in the day. The writer could not stop talking about how sexy all the women in the game were and how one of them even licked another sexy lady's face!

Are you serious? Was the IGN writer serious? Did he truly have the taste of a naive fool?

/ / /

Toxico
5835th Post

PSN: Toxic-Baron
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(5):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 15:25:post reply

quote:
Amongst all this negativity, this combo video of Gyro Gyro's horse is strangely compelling.

Of course that the horse has an infinite - Nico as well.

"OT" :

Tekken 4 infinite lives - Nico

TIME HAS STOPPED....... But when does it come back?

quote:

Are you serious? Was the IGN writer serious? Did he truly have the taste of a naive fool?

I bet he tasted like a liar.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ
Update 24 as of 03/04/12. // 104 personajes traducidos

Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 30 Aug 16:18]

Professor
3881th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 17:41:post reply

So far from playing the game (around 30 matches), I'm not sure how to judge it. The fighting game aspect is actually well developed than I initially thought, but the tuning isn't that great. Putting aside the small details like how jumping feels like the answer to escaping out of all bad situations, the most surprising thing so far was that Dio can escape out of combos with just one stock. The top players seem to be using Joseph, but I think it'll change in the upcoming days. He just feels solid and safe to play online.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 30 Aug 17:55]

Iggy
9643th Post

"Re(7):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 19:40post reply

quote:
Putting aside the small details like how jumping feels like the answer to escaping out of all bad situations, the most surprising thing so far was that Dio can escape out of combos with just one stock. The top players seem to be using Joseph, but I think it'll change in the upcoming days. He just feels solid and safe to play online.

Do you mean part 1 Dio or part 3 DIO? Or both?
Didn't Kôichi also had a similar move?

I think the real test for the game (and the developer) will come in the coming month. If CC2 patches some aspects of the fighting game along with the campaign2 DLC, even if they do it as roughly as Netherrealm, they would assess their position as a company who wants to become a real fighting game developer (or just quality developer).
If they simply release their DLC in order without any balance adjustment or infinite fix, they will just be exposed as another of BanNam's unreliable drones. Plus that would probably mean all the DLC characters are already finished and they have stopped working on the game in august.

Fuu
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 20:27post reply

quote:
So far from playing the game (around 30 matches), I'm not sure how to judge it. The fighting game aspect is actually well developed than I initially thought, but the tuning isn't that great. Putting aside the small details like how jumping feels like the answer to escaping out of all bad situations, the most surprising thing so far was that Dio can escape out of combos with just one stock. The top players seem to be using Joseph, but I think it'll change in the upcoming days. He just feels solid and safe to play online.

I've seen a horrible, horrible Kakyoin on niconico, he's looking pretty much untouchable. Any experience about that?

video

Professor
3881th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Fri 30 Aug 22:06post reply

quote:
Do you mean part 1 Dio or part 3 DIO? Or both? Didn't Kôichi also had a similar move?

Pt.3 Dio (and Diavolo too, I think?) can warp out of opponent's combos. Not sure about Koichi, I haven't played any good Koichi players yet.

quote:

I've seen a horrible, horrible Kakyoin on niconico, he's looking pretty much untouchable. Any experience about that?

I've played one guy who was using this tactic and I couldn't figure out how to beat him out of it. Shifting the Z axis is useless-- you need to do it twice, and Kakyoin simply has the upper hand because the Z axis shift is too slow. Also keep in mind that there's lag, which makes things even harder to do.

It depends on the character because they all have different jump trajectories. Some characters like Pt.1 Dio have a pretty easy time getting around him. On the other hand, some characters seem screwed.

There's an almost similar case with Johnny when he's off his horse-- some characters can't chain combo him or do supers, or even jump attack him; he's so low that the they'll whiff.

Pollyanna
3559th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine

"Re(9):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Sun 1 Sep 17:24post reply

My opinions echo the Professor's on almost everything, but here are my impressions all the same:

-Story mode is an embarrassment-
-What's the point in the text? Without context, it's not going to tell anything to non-fans and it's not going to tell anything to fans that they don't already know. I guess it's just something to read while the game is loading? Couldn't they have put manga panels here?

-Iggy's comment about there being too few stages didn't sink in until I realized that every episode in each chapter is on the same level over and over again (with the exception of Part 6, strangely). This only makes much sense for 4.

-Some characters don't even show up in story mode (Mista, Narancia) because they don't have anyone to fight. Other chapters are kind of weird...i mean, you fight Rohan 3 times. Was he really such a major adversary!? Also, fighting the same character over and over on the same stage is just stupid and boring.

-I would've preferred a Dream Battle arcade mode that had no particular story, but inserted manga panels or something before the fights with quotes or jokes between the characters. It wouldn't have to make sense in any continuity, but it would give you an excuse to play through with everyone. Just ANYTHING.

-Thankfully, story mode is very short.

-Gameplay-
-Most importantly, the game feels good to play. It feels natural and it's a good approach to "2D in a 3D plane." It may not be a great fighting game altogether, but it doesn't feel bad when you're playing it.

-I like the "stylish" just defense system a lot.

-Stage hazards are handled strangely. You have to knock down your opponent in a "danger zone," but that doesn't cause them to get hit...it just initiates the danger, which then could hit either of you. That really doesn't make any sense to me, but since you can special taunt after a danger zone knockdown, it's still worth doing.

-Speaking of taunts, Joseph's "your next line is..." thing is ludicrously long and there's no limitation on how many times he can do it.

-Time does not stop counting down for super animations. You usually have more than enough time to finish your battles, but this still seems like an oversight.

-Everything is very easy.

-It seems like a good number of moves are too slow to be useful.

-The loading time isn't that bad unless you're just playing one round.

-Campaign Mode-
-It's cute and the character customization options are fun. I like the idea of a "living" mode that you check out a little bit every day and the stamina restrictions don't bother me, though it is a bit awkward, since there's no other decent mode to play.

-Although I like the presentation, everything takes way too long. The matches in this mode are only one round so the loading and menu time is often longer than the time spent playing the game.

-I wouldn't mind seeing modes like this in games in the future, if they're managed well, but something like the PS4's ability to go on "hold" like a portable console is going to be necessary. As-is, I could probably play 3 or more rounds of a ios game with this sort of system by the time I got to my first JoJo match. Copying the system without the speed and convenience makes it pointless.

-ETC-
-Holy crap, Johnny is cute. He turned out so good!

-I love the soundtrack as a whole, but the individual character themes are a bit hit-or-miss. Buccellatti's them in particular doesn't seem to fit his character. Diavolo, Hol Horse, Gyro and Caesar are personal favorites. I'm very glad that each character has a theme, rather than the stages.

-Despite a lot of missteps, I like the game fairly well and would recommend it to people who have reasonable expectations for it.

-I would not at all mind a sequel with mostly recycled materials packaged in a way to make up for some of the current weaknesses. As it is, it feels like a strong first step from a company that's never made a serious fighter before. Fighting games don't tend to get it right on the first try anyway, and rather than feeling like it comes up short, this game feels like it could be really worthwhile with a little work.

I am undressed from 80’s style and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

HokutoAndy
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Sun 1 Sep 18:14post reply

quote:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/469/571/177.jpg

He must have been playing with the sound off or something.

that reviewer's dream became reality with the Shisheido JoJo female model shoot

Also, I found JoJo typeface... as in every single letter is made up of poses from Part 1 and 2.

Spoon
2484th Post

"Re(8):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Tue 3 Sep 01:12post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FC6n-6J_anY

I am stupidly excited for being able to do Kars vs Baoh.

Iggy
9646th Post

"Re(9):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Tue 3 Sep 01:53post reply

Health by characters:
1144 エルメェス
1078 ジョナサン ツェペリ ジョセフ シーザー ワムウ 徐倫 ジャイロ
承太郎 花京院 アヴドゥル 仗助 億泰 康一 露伴 川尻
1034 ポルナレフ ホルホース 音石 ブチャラティ ミスタ ナランチャ ジョニィ
990 ディオ カーズ
968 エシディシ DIO ジョルノ ディアボロ プッチ 大統領

OK, I understand why an insane priest and a president that has plenty of clones would have lower than average health, but why is the sturdiest character not a Pillar Man, but HERMES out of all characters?
Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Spoon
2485th Post

"Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Tue 3 Sep 06:13post reply

quote:
Health by characters:
1144 エルメェス
990 ディオ カーズ

OK, I understand why an insane priest and a president that has plenty of clones would have lower than average health, but why is the sturdiest character not a Pillar Man, but HERMES out of all characters?

Because Hermes is a grappler?
No, that's really all I can come up with. I know it's just a game, but I still find it funny that anybody can deal Kars or the Pillar Men damage just by punching them.

Fuu
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Tue 3 Sep 06:39:post reply

quote:
Health by characters:
1144 エルメェス
990 ディオ カーズ

Because Hermes is a grappler?
No, that's really all I can come up with. I know it's just a game, but I still find it funny that anybody can deal Kars or the Pillar Men damage just by punching them.

using HP as a "balance" tool is always strange to me, since it's something that one immediately relates to the character appearance, like how is Gouki's tiny health ever going to make sense.
In this case, I see Kira has higher health than both Dio or Kars. Sounds legit.
Hermes is top by quite a margin too.

[this message was edited by Fuu on Tue 3 Sep 06:41]

Iggy
9647th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Tue 3 Sep 09:06post reply

quote:

Well, if you think of it, he WAS doing judo in middle school... or something.
That must be it, right? Right?

Professor
3887th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Tue 3 Sep 11:13post reply

quote:
Health by characters:
1144 エルメェス
990 ディオ カーズ

Humm interesting. I think Hermes was given extra life because she can end up with damage from her stand usage. I haven't checked just how much, but I know she gets damage when she's knocked to the floor after she uses it.

Fuu
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Tue 3 Sep 23:05post reply

quote:
Well, if you think of it, he WAS doing judo in middle school... or something.
That must be it, right? Right?

Now that you mention it, his doctor did say he has enviable health... what was it, half a glass of wine at lunch and stretching before going to sleep? Canon HP.

Pollyanna
3560th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Wed 4 Sep 11:19post reply

My impression of the game has gotten worse, thanks to Campaign Mode. I actually like the mode itself, but it has to be an alternative, not the star of the show. It's practical to spend all of your stamina when you attack a boss, rendering the mode unplayable afterward. It's possible that you'll run into a boss on your first match and likely that the match will only last 20 seconds or so. After that...no more JoJo for several hours at least. No arcade mode, no survival mode, no trials, no anything but online or repeating the wretched story mode where you can't even play most of the cast. I have no idea how I didn't realize this before.

Admittedly, I'm biased here, because I couldn't really play online if I wanted, though it's not like the netcode is super amazing even if you're in Japan.

quote:

Hermes survived long after she stopped being relevant to the story. She was evidently strangely difficult to get rid of.

I am undressed from 80’s style and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

Mosquiton
1923th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Wed 4 Sep 16:20post reply

quote:
My impression of the game has gotten worse, thanks to Campaign Mode. I actually like the mode itself, but it has to be an alternative, not the star of the show. It's practical to spend all of your stamina when you attack a boss, rendering the mode unplayable afterward. It's possible that you'll run into a boss on your first match and likely that the match will only last 20 seconds or so. After that...no more JoJo for several hours at least. No arcade mode, no survival mode, no trials, no anything but online or repeating the wretched story mode where you can't even play most of the cast. I have no idea how I didn't realize this before.

I feel your pain, Polly. My friend actually just got his copy today (he missed the Saturday delivery and yesterday was a holiday of course)... I've been trying hard to resist telling him that the game might have some serious problems. I just don't have the heart to do it.

This does actually sound like shitty and annoying design, though. I probably won't play too much of the game myself, although I plan to troll with Kakyoin a bit after work tomorrow in versus mode, but I feel righteous indignation on behalf of my friends.

/ / /

Professor
3891th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Wed 4 Sep 19:06:post reply

quote:
My impression of the game has gotten worse, thanks to Campaign Mode.

Campaign mode is the main reason why everyone is bothered about the game even in Japan. It's the only way you can get customization items in the game, except you need to beat the bosses to get the better customizations like the extra costumes.

It can be a headache for some popular characters like Jotaro, whose Campaign HP is set pretty high that you need to fight him 30 times to beat him and hopefully get his costume. Unfortunately, you only have up to 10 points of stamina to make moves, so even if you're lucky enough to encounter him you're still not going to beat him in one try under normal circumstances.

There was a x 4 stamina bonus during this past weekend which helped a lot. I'm not sure if it was a one-time only thing by Namco Bandai to try and ease the negative user reviews on launch, but if they don't do this periodically every now and then, it'll be quite a headache to the players.

Make no mistake, Jojo ASB is a great game, possibly the best when it comes as a "graphical" fighter for the Jojo series. It's just that the 1P modes don't seem to be budgeted anywhere as much as its renderings and voice actor usages. The game balance is at odds, though it seems like things easily fixable with a patch. I can write about it if anyone's actually interested.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 4 Sep 20:36]

HokutoAndy
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Wed 4 Sep 21:22post reply

Why is there a stamina system? Can you pay money to get more stamina?

karasu99
1202th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

"Re(8):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Wed 4 Sep 23:14post reply

quote:

Make no mistake, Jojo ASB is a great game, possibly the best when it comes as a "graphical" fighter for the Jojo series. It's just that the 1P modes don't seem to be budgeted anywhere as much as its renderings and voice actor usages. The game balance is at odds, though it seems like things easily fixable with a patch. I can write about it if anyone's actually interested.

Professor, I'm definitely interested in hearing more!

My copy comes today, but I'm unlikely to have time to play till the weekend

www.secret-arts.com

Pollyanna
3561th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 02:44post reply

quote:

This does actually sound like shitty and annoying design, though. I probably won't play too much of the game myself, although I plan to troll with Kakyoin a bit after work tomorrow in versus mode, but I feel righteous indignation on behalf of my friends.

You're lucky to have people to play with! If I can play the game with my friends, then the frustrations of not being able to play by myself will be relieved considerably. Fighting games aren't meant to be played alone, anyway.

quote:

Yes. Sadly, that is the idea. Again, Campaign Mode itself is fine with me and I don't mind that things are intentionally unlocked at a slower pace, but if they're setting it up for people to play the game for a long time, then they'll need to support it accordingly. Not that I expect this, but Campaign Mode alongside some sort of arcade mode and balance/cast updates would make for a very good game. As it stands, this is turning into one of those things that makes me bite my tongue when people trash talk Japanese games.
quote:
The game balance is at odds, though it seems like things easily fixable with a patch. I can write about it if anyone's actually interested.

I've seen a lot of crazy combo stuff, but I'm interested in which characters are functionally useful outside of that. I haven't had the fortune to play against anyone else yet and it seems like a lot of moves are designed to be "tricky"...a concept that's meaningless to a computer opponent.

karasu99
1203th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 03:31post reply

quote:

You're lucky to have people to play with! If I can play the game with my friends, then the frustrations of not being able to play by myself will be relieved considerably. Fighting games aren't meant to be played alone, anyway.

Polly, look for me online around this weekend if you'd like a match or two (not that I'm any good). I just got the game today and should have time to play by... Sunday? I have some sense that you're on the US west coast like me, so it may be we can even get a decent network connection.

This game had so much promise-- here's hoping that it made enough money to warrant some support in terms of patches.

www.secret-arts.com

Toxico
5835th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 04:21post reply

quote:
The game balance is at odds, though it seems like things easily fixable with a patch. I can write about it if anyone's actually interested.

..... While in reality you where attacked by King Crimson - Nico and you only came to when that write up was already done.

Speaking of that video (which has some semi decent level footage), pretty much the true highlight of it was that Shigechi player at the end, small characters seem pretty hard to deal with (I can only imagine how Iggy will be).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3892th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 05:08:post reply

quote:

Hokutoandy: Campaign mode plays like an F2P game on a smartphone, and that's why it has a stamina/energy system. The screenshots here should explain things a bit-- the battery is the stamina bar and you can recover/stock up to 10 stamina points. And yes, you can pay money to recover instead of waiting, 30 yen(approx 30 cents) per stamina point.

Ok, so now about the gameplay. There's been plenty of infinite combo videos going around but let's put that aside for now since 1/they're likely to get patched, and 2/even as of now they're pretty irrelevant because you can't really do them online.

In normal fighting games, the gameplay revolves around various rocks-paper-scissors mechanics and reading the opponent's bad habits. In JojoASB though, there's two options that are so powerful that they dominate the decision making in almost all situations. Those two options are--

1- Jumping
Jumping is an extremely safe tactic in this game; not only can you avoid combos unless faced with specific characters that have good air combos, the jumps start off so fast that your opponent can't hit you standing in point blank range, or even if you jump from a wakeup. Their attack will whiff and they'll get punished. Because of that, everyone is constantly jumping.

2- Just Defence
By mashing over and over, you can neutralize the opponent with a parry if they ever attack you. It covers against all moves, even jump attacks. The only thing it's weak against is throws, but throws do very little damage for a very huge risk-- if you read a throw coming and you guess correctly with a jump, you'll be rewarded with a full combo.

Hence, people are usually jumping or mashing their controllers when they come into close combat.

I'm not reading the various Jojo forums to see which characters are the most broken, but putting aside infinites, I think the potential strong chracters for the time being are Joseph, Dio, Diavolo, and Johnny.

Joseph's combos are relatively stable even with lag, and his crossup is extremely good. What's more, he has powerful anti-airs as well as counters, and he has various methods to make an opportunity to charge up his meter. His S counter is particularly good because not only does it have fast startup, it also binds the opponent into a vulnerable position for a full combo on the ground, even if they were attacking from the air.

Dio and Diavolo can escape out of combos, which can be devastating, especially under laggy circumstances. Gyro and Johnny can't be thrown when they're on their horses, so together with the aforementioned Just Defence technique, theoretically they can be invincible (I haven't met anyone that good though, yet). Johnny is particularly worthwhile to mention because he becomes extremely hard to hit when he's off his horse. Lots of combos can whiff him, meanwhile his attacks won't.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 5 Sep 06:00]

Iggy
9648th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 06:57post reply

From what I've read, Diavolo and DIO are top-broken, while Joseph is devastating online, and Shigechi seems to be the best counterpick against Joseph.

About that:
quote:
1- Jumping
Jumping is an extremely safe tactic in this game; not only can you avoid combos unless faced with specific characters that have good air combos, the jumps start off so fast that your opponent can't hit you standing in point blank range, or even if you jump from a wakeup. Their attack will whiff and they'll get punished. Because of that, everyone is constantly jumping.

Is there an english term for "バッタゲー"?

My game won't be here until next week. I am litterally very not happy. Except if I finally get the game around the time when a patch fixes magically everything.

Pollyanna
3564th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch" , posted Thu 5 Sep 11:57:post reply

EDIT: Stamina promo, Fuugo and rebalance.
quote:
..... While in reality you where attacked by King Crimson - Nico and you only came to when that write up was already done.

Speaking of that video (which has some semi decent level footage), pretty much the true highlight of it was that Shigechi player at the end, small characters seem pretty hard to deal with (I can only imagine how Iggy will be).

Ahhh, so great to see some decent matches. And thanks for the write-up, Professor. Again, having not played other people, I'm eager to learn what the "real" game is like.

I was hoping that Iggy's hitbox would be related to his stand (when it was out) and that he'd be useless enough without it that it would balance out. However, when we have Dio and Diavolo teleporting out of combos, it feels like accuracy to the source material trumps common sense.

quote:

Polly, look for me online around this weekend if you'd like a match or two (not that I'm any good). I just got the game today and should have time to play by... Sunday? I have some sense that you're on the US west coast like me, so it may be we can even get a decent network connection.

If I don't catch you this weekend, I hope I can catch you sooner or later, at least to try it out. I'm not any good, myself, having never played another human being, so we'll be a wonderful match.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Thu 5 Sep 14:27]

Professor
3895th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4ever!" , posted Thu 5 Sep 14:58:post reply

Polly's beat me to the update! Here goes a rough translation.

http://mirror.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/new.html

- Balance update is coming on 9/10
- DLC character Fuugo will be released for free on 9/12
- The Stamina x4 campaign will be default for Campaign mode starting 9/6 5PM JST.

Looks like someone's made a tier ranking for the game, check it here.

On a side note, this has been the utmost easiest game to complete trophies. You go through story mode, hit all the situation KOs, buy stuff in the gallery and you're practically done. There's a few stuff like transformation with Kars, but those can all be done in practice mode.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 7 Sep 22:12]

Toxico
5836th Post

"Re(1):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Sun 8 Sep 03:59post reply

quote:
On a side note, this has been the utmost easiest game to complete trophies. You go through story mode, hit all the situation KOs, buy stuff in the gallery and you're practically done. There's a few stuff like transformation with Kars, but those can all be done in practice mode.

BTW, I heard that 2nd hand buy price for this dropped past 1000 yen already.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3895th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Sun 8 Sep 05:49post reply

quote:
BTW, I heard that 2nd hand buy price for this dropped past 1000 yen already.

Leave aside a few locations, they're buying at around 2000 right now-- the used sales price on the other hand isn't really dropping too much.

Iggy
9649th Post

"Re(3):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Sun 8 Sep 06:16post reply

quote:
Leave aside a few locations, they're buying at around 2000 right now-- the used sales price on the other hand isn't really dropping too much.

Really? I would have thought the shop would have been swarmed with stocks of used games... Or are many people buying it second hand?

I finally got mine. Didn't have much time to play around (barely unlocked half of the characters) but Chaz summed it up perfectly by saying it's the anti-Dragon's Crown: they really went out of their way with creative ideas to make it as uneasy of use and difficult to play as possible.
Also, for each thing that looks fantastic (the 3D models, the animations), there is also some that looks horrible (the original art you can to buy, the menus, the "CONGRATULATIONS" screen when you finish a scenario...) I wonder if they could have outsourced these parts...?
I don't understand the Vanilla room background since Vanilla is still not in the game and it can't be used in the scenario. Maybe it would have made more sense to swap Vanilla and Hol Horse...? I also wouldn't mind an alternate version of Hol Horse with a horse instead of J.Gail. But maybe that would be too creative.
Hermes, Johnny and Valentine look far too good compared to their manga counterpart. I like them more than any version of Dio or part 5 characters.

Professor
3896th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Sun 8 Sep 07:34post reply

quote:
Really? I would have thought the shop would have been swarmed with stocks of used games... Or are many people buying it second hand?

The used hand shops undoubtedly have copies they bought since week 1 which they want to sell off without feeling too much pain. The game is sold a little below 5000 in used price when I checked about 2 days ago. It's probably gone down a little considering the used market price is typically around 300-400 yen lower than buying new on Amazon (about 600-700 yen difference with the shipment fee).

karasu99
1205th Post

"Re(5):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Mon 9 Sep 06:33post reply

I've just finished Story mode, and... while I appreciate the effort that was clearly put into the game, story mode stinks. I understand that there were tough choices that had to be made given that only so many characters made it into the game, but... like three matches against Hol Horse in part 3, three against Rohan in part 4, and a flatly stupid number of episodes (what-- 3?) in part 5 make it difficult to stomach. I would have preferred the kind of episodic-minigame-ish story mode that was in the PS1 port of the Capcom game.

Ok, granted, I don't know what I expected, but either way, it's pretty bad. I suppose on the bright side you don't have those 'your ally has gone crazy! you have to fight them!' bits like some fighting games have to justify matches between friends.

One high point though is that if you've got the Kira code and you've bought Shigechi, you'll get story mode episodes for the, Unfortunately they don't play in sequence-- you've got to go bck and play them after the fact.

The fighting game itself is pretty great though! I'm impressed by just how complex they made a few of the characters' move sets (Pucci in particular). I've been having a great time playing as the non-stand users, oddly enough.

Here's hoping there's plenty of DLC characters released! Going by the spaces on the select screen there's room for what, 4 more in addition to Baoh and Iggy? Here's hoping LisaLisa, Santana, and Vanilla Ice make the cut (not holding my breath).

www.secret-arts.com

Iggy
9650th Post

"Re(6):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Mon 9 Sep 19:35post reply

quote:
Here's hoping there's plenty of DLC characters released! Going by the spaces on the select screen there's room for what, 4 more in addition to Baoh and Iggy? Here's hoping LisaLisa, Santana, and Vanilla Ice make the cut (not holding my breath).

I think the data miners have found Vanilla, Annasui, Lisalisa, Old Joseph, and Baoh, on top of Iggy and Fugo.
Have I read something about Risotto? It may just be wishful thinking.

The game is the most unpleasant thing I have played in a while. The fighting is much, much better than anything I would have dreamed of, I could even imagine that if it gets patched enough it would actually become a great fighting game (except for the 30 FPS and the netcode; patches can't do everything).
But everything around the fighting: the menus, the story mode, the esthetics and rythm of the campaign, are so deliberately rude! It feels like you have to pay and work to be allowed to be graced by the game you have payed good bucks for. Social games esthetics are nothing less than insulting (the D'arby "mini game").

But then, on the other hand, I noticed that the only DLC featured in the game are the characters (which, 300 yens for Shigechi and Iggy, are probably the cheapest in any fighting game I can think of, and they are original assets, not head swaps like Kira) and the stupid social game things that have become wholly irrelevant after the recent update.
I was expecting every single outfit, pose or famous quote to come with a price tag I would have happily paid. Hell, I would have paid 300 yens for some of the most famous outfits, but I get a full character for that price? And everything else is for free and unlockable? Why is the game so mean, and then suddenly so nice where it matters? I'm so confused.
It's like I'm in an abusive relationship with a husband that has been abused in his youth and only knows how to show love by throwing dinnerware, and then buys me a car to apologize.

karasu99
1206th Post

"Re(7):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Tue 10 Sep 01:02post reply

quote:

I think the data miners have found Vanilla, Annasui, Lisalisa, Old Joseph, and Baoh, on top of Iggy and Fugo.

That would be a great outcome! Vanilla's absence in the game is pretty puzzling to start with, and part 6 could use at least one more playable character. Risotto (if true) would be pretty great as well!
quote:

The game is the most unpleasant thing I have played in a while. The fighting is much, much better than anything I would have dreamed of, I could even imagine that if it gets patched enough it would actually become a great fighting game (except for the 30 FPS and the netcode; patches can't do everything).
But everything around the fighting: the menus, the story mode, the esthetics and rythm of the campaign, are so deliberately rude! It feels like you have to pay and work to be allowed to be graced by the game you have payed good bucks for. Social games esthetics are nothing less than insulting (the D'arby "mini game").

I agree on all counts! The fighting game itself is much more fun than I expected, and story mode isn't so much bad as it is weak. But the overall aesthetic outside the fighting game parts is shockingly awful, given that CC2 is a bit renowned for that kind of thing-- the Naruto games being a prime example. Yeah, I don't even want to play Campaign at all it stinks so bad!

www.secret-arts.com

Toxico
5838th Post

"Patch up." , posted Tue 10 Sep 10:50:post reply

Diavolo's infinite is removed.

Corner infinites have been removed as well.... by modifying the gravity near the wall, meaning that pretty much all combos are lost near the wall. And notice that is near the wall, not only "with the enemy against the wall", this retarded measure certainly makes the game more boring and screw ups with gameplay at so many levels it's not even funny.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if ground infinites of attack -> fireball -> attack are still in.

Jumps have been slowed down, while that stopped the wakeup jump tactic, that also killed a bunch of combos and strategies where you have your stand hit and you jump on their own (rip Kira & Josuke), instant overheads are also gone.

The current meme is "patch = だが断る"

quote:

Wasn't that us speaking about him here nonstop on the past thread?

Anyway, interesting things :

- down, down + all 3 atk on Jonathan uses Final Ripple and after KOed you come back to life with red health (atk, defense boost) but lock out your HH gauge
- qcb/214 + all 3 atk for Valentine with MAX HH gauge swaps himself out for another Valentine with full health. Locks out HH gauge.
- While Giorno's Gold Experience Requiem is out, it is immune to Made in Heaven's slowdown effect.
- Kawajiri can revert Made in Heaven or C-Moon to White Snake with Bites the Dust. Also if he had disk taken out they are returned to him.... "Back to the start of the day", indeed.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 10 Sep 13:38]

Professor
3899th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Patch up." , posted Tue 10 Sep 15:33:post reply

I've tried the game a bit after the patch and it's not as bad as initial reports puts it to be, but it's not that good either. Given that it was done in only 2 weeks though, it was sort of expected.

Reports have been saying that CyberConnect2 completely botched the system so that juggles can't be done anymore, but that doesn't seem to be the case. They've gotten a lot more harder to do with a weird gravity pull and it seems to incease around the edge of the stages as Toxico mentioned.

The run speed and sway has been increased in this patch so the zoning game has gotten pretty trivial compared to before. I have no idea why the developers did that.

The instant jumps have been fixed but it's something that should've come together with improved netcode. Without that, it'll be impossible to play against wakeups due to lag. Also, jump attacks can't be done on the way up, probably as an unintentional byproduct of fixing the instant jumps. This means air-to-airs has been extremely restricted. Another thing, the jumps have more recovery time on landing than before, and it hasn't been well adjusted. Characters that need to jump in with their middle attack are going to have problems.

The patch is already getting a lot of complaints and I think it may have worsened things for the game than make it better. The next update--which will fortunately come with a netcode fix, won't be coming out for another month. With very little being said from CyberConnect2, the future of the game is looking bleak to the eyes of the public. President Matsuyama hasn't written a word on Twitter since 9/4. Given how much effort his staff put into the game, I dearly hope things will rise and shine.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 10 Sep 19:49]

HokutoAndy
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Balance Update! Free Fuugo! Stamina x 4" , posted Tue 10 Sep 19:09post reply

quote:
Why is the game so mean, and then suddenly so nice where it matters? I'm so confused.

I pictured everything you wrote in JoJo panels, ending with a very sweaty face as you gazed upon the new car Kira bought you.

Iggy
9651th Post

"Re(2):Patch up." , posted Tue 10 Sep 21:36post reply

So.... They didn't nerf Diavolo and DIO, and actually made them stronger... The "kokiga", guard by doing 1-2-3-2-1 rapidly to trigger the stylish step, is still there and even stronger because of the system changes... Nerfing multi-hit gauge generation to only 1/4th of what it was...
The game is devolving into a very limited range of combo for each character (or worse, having easy beat as the optimal combo for a character)... Several systems are dead as well: with the fastest dash, transformation moves such as GER or Ultimate Kars are as good as gone. And dash being faster than running is weird. And most Puttsun combos are dead since you can't juggle anymore, leaving the system as useless for several characters.
They basically destroyed the mid-to-high tiers and Narancia, but left the top and bottom intact...
October will be filled with MonHan and BlazBlue. That was probably the last chance they had.
I am... so sad.

―ジョジョASBは―
2度と良ゲーへは戻れなかった・・・。
キャラゲーとクソゲーの中間のソフトとなり、永遠にワゴンをさまようのだ。
そして売りたいと思っても売れないので
―そのうちバンナムは調整するのをやめた。

Professor
3900th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Patch up." , posted Tue 10 Sep 22:36:post reply

Cyberconnect2's president made a proud announcement on Twitter that the patch is up. That seems to have been the last straw to get the silent majority pissed off. He's being piled up with direct complaints, which amazingly wasn't happening up until now.

http://realtime.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=sfp_as&ei=utf-8&p=%40PIROSHI_CC2

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 10 Sep 22:38]

karasu99
1208th Post

"Re(4):Patch up." , posted Wed 11 Sep 02:54post reply

quote:
Cyberconnect2's president made a proud announcement on Twitter that the patch is up. That seems to have been the last straw to get the silent majority pissed off. He's being piled up with direct complaints, which amazingly wasn't happening up until now.

http://realtime.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=sfp_as&ei=utf-8&p=%40PIROSHI_CC2

Argh, what a horrible misstep! When I (being an extremely casual fighting game player) can detect problems immediately, you know it's bad. The 'no jump attacks on the way up' bit was particularly annoying. Despite all its minor oddities, I feel like pre-patch was much more enjoyable.

What it feels like to me is an extremely amateurish and grasping at straws way of addressing reported problems with the game- as in a bodged solution rather than a true one.

I wonder, is there any precedent to 'rolling back' an update, or is that completely out of the question? At this point, I'm not sure CC2 has any credibility or reputation left, as far as fighting games go.

www.secret-arts.com

Iggy
9653th Post

"Patch note & next patch details" , posted Wed 11 Sep 21:56post reply

Well, that's nice, they're definitely learning:
Patch 1.02 notes

They even have plans for the next one:
Patch 1.03.

It seems they will change the damage of the throws and tweak the stylish moves, which is necessary.
Let's hope it will also revert all the stupid changes of 1.02 (gravity change, HHA animation shortening for Jolyne, phantom jumps...)
But to be honest, some of the things in 1.03 also seem quite scary. Changes in characters HP? Did anyone complain about that? Why nerf Easy Beat if it's the only thing you can reasonably do online, and some characters can't even use their because it doesn't connect?

And WTF about "we'll fix the online icon to show accurate connection". Are they going to keep the code as it is, and only change the indicator to say "your opponent has crappy connection, find a better one"?

Professor
3903th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Patch note & next patch details" , posted Wed 11 Sep 22:09:post reply

quote:
They even have plans for the next one:
Patch 1.03.

Oh lord. Reading about the 1.03 patch is like getting C-moon'ed by Pucchi and having to embrace the inevitable doom that awaits for the game in the future.

My personal take on this :

- Change HP > It's too much work to tweak the damage on each attack so they're lowering character HPs instead
- Easy Beat damage change > Lord knows why, it seems like they can't come up with their own ideas so they're just borrowing ideas from crazy 2ch posts
- Easy Beat meter gain change > is this really nessesary? It's not like there's much use for the meters to begin with; the damages on supers are really low and Puttsun/Roman cancels aren't that great any more either.
- Online antenna display to be improved > They've given up on the netcode so they're just going to change the antenna display to make people happy. Same thing happened back with KOF13 and we all know how that ended up.

I'm amazed they released this post. I would've thought that after all the complaints, CC2 would be competent enough to hire or consult someone knowledgeable with fighting game engine and balances. If this comes out as currently planned, the game won't get any better even in October.

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 11 Sep 22:44]

Iggy
9654th Post

"Nail in the coffin" , posted Thu 12 Sep 08:35post reply

Suddenly a lot of mysteries found out their own common answer.
Graphinica
【ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 オールスターバトル】
© 荒木飛呂彦&LUCKY LAND COMMUNICATIONS/集英社
©2013 NBGI
キャラクターデザイン / 色彩設計 / 特効 / 絵コンテ / キャラクターモデリング / 3Dモーション

Basically, the only things that everyone agree are great (design, color, sketches, 3D models, animations) were outsourced to Graphinica.
The rest falls down to CC2: the story mode, the campaign social game, the online... All thanks to CC2. I wouldn't be surprised if the music was also outsourced as that's pretty common.
That explains why so many elements seem at odd with the rest in term of visual design (menus, artworks, down to the butchering of animations that lead to Jolyne's current HHA).
It also means that whatever DLC character remaining are already done at Graphinica, and that won't go any further.
All the parts that were so full of love for the source material were actually outsourced...
き…切れた
ぼくの体の中で なにかが切れた…決定的ななにかが……!
I'm playing with Iggy tonight and then I'm done with this game and this company.

ON THE OTHER HAND, we did discover a bunch of very talented people. They have worked on Asura's Wrath animation or Penguin Drum's 3D effects amongst dozen of great and mundane things... But more importantly, they're helping on GGXrd (or at least on the PV... but that has to mean they're involved in the actual game, isn't it?).
GUILTY GEAR Xrd –SIGN-
絵コンテ/演出/作画/
2Dデザイン/撮影/音響/
編集

Let's keep an eye on them and forget everything about this regrettable incident.
And I mean EVERYTHING.
I'm still looking forward for Graphinica's Iggy though.

karasu99
1212th Post

"Re(1):Nail in the coffin" , posted Thu 12 Sep 13:22post reply

Fugo and Iggy are out, and while they're both pretty fun to play as, I've kind of soured on the game. Iggy, I think you'll likely enjoy playing as yourself. I'm not even sure I'll bother with the new campaign.

Ah well, we should have known it was too good to be true!

www.secret-arts.com

HAYATO
1134th Post

PSN: Lord-Hayato

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Nail in the coffin" , posted Thu 12 Sep 18:42post reply

quote:
Fugo and Iggy are out, and while they're both pretty fun to play as, I've kind of soured on the game. Iggy, I think you'll likely enjoy playing as yourself. I'm not even sure I'll bother with the new campaign.

Ah well, we should have known it was too good to be true!

I just tested the game for a couple of hours yesterday and it didn't get me hooked. Despite Graphinica's great character renders and animations, it felt so broken that I lost my interest on this game completely. In fact, it only made me even more eager to play Mirai he no Isan HD again! Good thing I run it on my CFW-ed PS3, instead of importing that botched attempt of a fighting game...

Final score: 40/40

Iggy
9655th Post

"Re(3):Nail in the coffin" , posted Tue 17 Sep 23:41post reply

Unsurprisingly:
httpwitpic.com/ddwhrp
Also, Annasui and Vanilla confirmed for Campaign 4, and Baoh alone in the final Campaign 5. I have the feeling they announce everything now to get rid of the game asap and move to ASB2 faster.

I find quite interesting the recent discovery of combos using force re-stands through provocations, especially for characters who can pull it after throws (Jonathan, Gyro... Unfortunately Pucci as well).
But thinking of what happened last time, that's probably one of the fun things they'll patch out next time in order to make sure the game is as uninteresting as possible.

Less unsurprising: httpwitpic.com/ddwhn6

Fuu
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Nail in the coffin" , posted Wed 18 Sep 02:26post reply

It's gonna be so strange when they announce ASB2 and they already have all the important characters in the first game. I mean I'm all for a 1st trailer with Weather Report, Stroheim and Trish but... gonna have a much lesser impact.

Maybe the focus will be THIS TIME WITH SINGLE PLAYER MODES!!!! SCAM FREE!!!

Iggy
9657th Post

"Re(5):Nail in the coffin" , posted Wed 18 Sep 03:00post reply

quote:
Maybe the focus will be THIS TIME WITH SINGLE PLAYER MODES!!!! SCAM FREE!!!

A minimal number of new characters but good netcode, minimal single player content, more backgrounds, good game design, good balance and the head of Piroshi on a stake in a very limited edition would be enough for me, everything on top of that would be icing on the cake.
Unfortunately we'll probably have "Oh, so you didn't like Campaign mode? OK, all the alternate costumes are unlockable from the start at 600 yens each".

Gojira
2980th Post

PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa

"Re(6):Nail in the coffin" , posted Wed 18 Sep 07:04post reply

So... is the game a success or a failure? Or both?

I just want the anime to have a reason to continue

karasu99
1219th Post

"Re(7):Nail in the coffin" , posted Wed 18 Sep 09:57post reply

quote:
So... is the game a success or a failure? Or both?

I just want the anime to have a reason to continue

I think it's an odd example of a crazy commercial success that then was discovered to be a bit of a kusoge after the fact, leading to rapid selloff to the used market.

Honestly, the models are GORGEOUS. It's clear that the people involved in making the game love the subject matter, but the budget wasn't such that it could end up being enough of a match to the ambition behind it. Even gameplay wise it's not bad, assuming that it's a few friends playing against each other just to have fun, not super-serious uber-competetive types counting frames and only using the most win-worthy characters. As a fan there was never any question that I would buy it. I've had fun with it despite its flaws even though it's frustrating at times. I'm sure I'll buy the last 5 DLC characters, if only to see how they were handled.

My hope is that CC2 learned something from the experience, but who knows.

www.secret-arts.com

badoor
338th Post

PSN: BadoorSNK/PSVITA:BadoorUSA
XBL: BadoorSNK/WiiU:BadoorSNK
Wii: 3DS:4253-3532-0341

Bronze Customer

"Jojo ASB heading west" , posted Thu 19 Sep 23:40post reply

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-is-coming-to-the-west-next-year/

Really happy to see that we're getting JoJo in english and other languages too. I hope Bamco reels it in with all that social micro-transaction crap in the campaign, but probably not.

http://100daysofmegashock.wordpress.com/

Toxico
5840th Post

"Re(1):Jojo ASB heading west" , posted Sun 22 Sep 12:47post reply

DLC trailer

A preview of the extra costumes here.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9660th Post

"Old farts and CPR" , posted Thu 26 Sep 19:35post reply

So, Lisalisa and Joseph have been released.
I just played a few minutes with them, and they are really nice, maybe my favorite DLC characters after Iggy.
Lisalisa has a system that looks like KOF's Angel's Unchain Combo. Not sure how efficient that is (especially with the retarded Just Defense system) but she feels very good, and looks and sounds even better.
BIG DISAPPOINTMENT however: her alternate costume is NOT her bath towel. BOOOOOOOOOH.

Old Joseph is alright. Good reach, an interesting move where he pours tar on the ground that can act as a trap or a counter move (the tar falls down even if Joseph is hit during the startup, like Iggy's fake DIO). He has his stand but can also do the hamon breathing... he seems quite capable. He doesn't sound too bad either, though I'm afraid it might be a bit awkward in the anime if the voice actor has to force his "old guy" voice for the whole season...
They also copied a few animations from the Capcom game (the stiff walking for example), which would be shameless if the base material wasn't so good to begin with. Plus, the moves are very different, so that's good too.

Nekros
575th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Old farts and CPR" , posted Thu 26 Sep 19:51:post reply

quote:
So, Lisalisa and Joseph have been released.
I just played a few minutes with them, and they are really nice, maybe my favorite DLC characters after Iggy.
Lisalisa has a system that looks like KOF's Angel's Unchain Combo. Not sure how efficient that is (especially with the retarded Just Defense system) but she feels very good, and looks and sounds even better.
BIG DISAPPOINTMENT however: her alternate costume is NOT her bath towel. BOOOOOOOOOH.

Old Joseph is alright. Good reach, an interesting move where he pours tar on the ground that can act as a trap or a counter move (the tar falls down even if Joseph is hit during the startup, like Iggy's fake DIO). He has his stand but can also do the hamon breathing... he seems quite capable. He doesn't sound too bad either, though I'm afraid it might be a bit awkward in the anime if the voice actor has to force his "old guy" voice for the whole season...
They also copied a few animations from the Capcom game (the stiff walking for example), which would be shameless if the base material wasn't so good to begin with. Plus, the moves are very different, so that's good too.

Sounds cool, game's roster brings fanservice to a whole new level.
How many DLC were (or planned to be) released?
I wonder if they include all on the disc for the western release or it will end in tons of day1 DLCs.

Still, no Diego or Weather Report. Sad.

[this message was edited by Nekros on Thu 26 Sep 19:53]

Toxico
5843th Post

"Re(2):Old farts and CPR" , posted Thu 3 Oct 05:19post reply

Kinda unrelated, but look which scene the BR release for the last episode changed.

Does that means it's comming soon, right? right?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9665th Post

"Re(3):Old farts and CPR" , posted Thu 3 Oct 05:56post reply

quote:
Does that means it's comming soon, right? right?

Is there any doubt about that?

More worrying is that Koei Tecmo hinted at something that might be Jojo-related for the coming week.
After the lukewarm reception of ASB, I'm not sure some weird Jojo-Musô will do anyone good.

Gieflos
97th Post

PSN: pooplos-z
XBL: PooplosZ

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Old farts and CPR" , posted Sun 6 Oct 18:08post reply

Pretty fun combo vid combining taunt->restand combos and stage gimmicks. I can't imagine that CC2 predicted that taunts would end up being used this way but I wouldn't have it any other way. What a beautiful mistake!

HAYATO
1145th Post

"JoJo Musou rumours?" , posted Sun 6 Oct 23:13post reply

quote:

More worrying is that Koei Tecmo hinted at something that might be Jojo-related for the coming week.
After the lukewarm reception of ASB, I'm not sure some weird Jojo-Musô will do anyone good.

If, by any chance, you guess it right and given what they achieved with Hokuto Musou 2, I'll wholeheartedly support them. Character modelling aside, it can't be worse than CC2's take on the series...

Iggy
9667th Post

"Re(1):JoJo Musou rumours?" , posted Mon 7 Oct 00:32post reply

quote:
Character modelling aside, it can't be worse than CC2's take on the series...

Now that's unfair. There is a lot to criticize in ASB, especially the insanely high expectations the producer had set up before the release that came back like a barbed-wire boomerang in his face, but the game could be far, far worse.
On the other hand, it took Kôei 2 games to get the simple concept "Ken punching a lot of mobs that just stand there waiting to be killed" right ... since they'd have to be much more creative for the mano a mano nature of Jojo, the only way the game could turn right would be if was 100% outsourced to, I don't know, Craft&Meister or something.
Now that the disappointment has passed and I can look back to ASB with a more serene mind, it looks more and more like what I expected it to end up being one year ago, when we first saw Joseph and Wamuu at the TGS 2012 and before the crazy marketing plan impaired my judgement: a fun but deeply broken fighting game with characters I love dutifully represented and fun to move around the screen. And it has many more characters than I expected then!
I really don't expect anything close to that from Kôei Tecmo, really. Least bad case scenario: they got the licence for the part 3 anime and will make a game with Jôtarô punching hordes of zombies created by DIO or Enya, with the same quality expectations as the Phantom Blood game.

HAYATO
1146th Post

"Re(2):JoJo Musou rumours?" , posted Mon 7 Oct 07:47post reply

quote:
Least bad case scenario: they got the licence for the part 3 anime and will make a game with Jôtarô punching hordes of zombies created by DIO or Enya, with the same quality expectations as the Phantom Blood game.

Damn, you keep making it sound better and better with every post you write!

I think Koei is Proficient enough to come up with an Ougon no Kaze-styled Musou which is fun enough to justify a polished, buffed-up sequel (pretty much how they handled HnK). That would be more than I could ask for, so way to go, Koei!

Fuu
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):JoJo Musou rumours?" , posted Mon 7 Oct 17:58post reply

I wonder how reliable this rumour is. Even though JojoASB has its problem, the terrific presentation by Graphinica set the bar so high that I don't see how the generally uninspired Koei aesthetics could be anything but extremely disappointing.
Nevermind that the games formula is, well... They could maybe make a Phantom Blood game, but other than that Jojo is not that kind of series really.
Unless they do a beat'em up version of Diavolo no Daibouken, but that could never compare to the glorious original anyway.

Iggy
9668th Post

"Re(3):JoJo Musou rumours?" , posted Mon 7 Oct 20:03post reply

quote:
I wonder how reliable this rumour is.

It's not so much a rumour as an interpretation of this tweet.
There's also a strong possibility the person who writes the official Twitter is a casual fan of Jojo and used the trademark ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨ without thinking it could be understood as a direct reference to Jojo?

Iggy
9670th Post

"1.03 update on the 11th" , posted Tue 8 Oct 20:46:post reply

I suppose that means Annasui and Vanilla will also be available later next week?
Still no real patch notes available.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 9 Oct 08:24]

Toxico
5848th Post

"Re(1):1.03 update on the 11th" , posted Thu 10 Oct 06:11post reply

quote:

Still no real patch notes available.

Hmnp.

- Every character's maximum health has been adjusted to help the game's tempo.
- The damage dealt with regular throws has been adjusted.
- Some match-ups issues related to Stylish Move has been resolved.
- The damage dealt by Easy Beat combos has been adjusted.
- The Heart Heat Gauge gained by performing Easy Beat combos has been adjusted.
- Online Mode will determine the connection quality between the players more accurately. (The lag that occurs during online play depends on the players' hardware and type of connection. With this update, players are more likely to encounter players with good connection.)
- Other adjustments.

Sounds pretty on paper, but it doesn't seem any significant. To be honest the game was more fun when when it was batshit insane broken in 1.0

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9670th Post

"Re(2):1.03 update on the 11th" , posted Thu 10 Oct 06:52post reply

I think they are the same vague changes that were posted in early september, when the patch was first announced? Is there anything new/more clear?
The Prof posted this earlier in the thread at the time:
quote:
- Change HP > It's too much work to tweak the damage on each attack so they're lowering character HPs instead
- Easy Beat damage change > Lord knows why, it seems like they can't come up with their own ideas so they're just borrowing ideas from crazy 2ch posts
- Easy Beat meter gain change > is this really nessesary? It's not like there's much use for the meters to begin with; the damages on supers are really low and Puttsun/Roman cancels aren't that great any more either.
- Online antenna display to be improved > They've given up on the netcode so they're just going to change the antenna display to make people happy. Same thing happened back with KOF13 and we all know how that ended up.

One thing I'm almost sure of: at the time, there was a specific mention of "adjustments to each character". And I think that disappeared...

Iggy
9673th Post

"Unbelievably good news" , posted Sat 12 Oct 05:36:post reply

Full patchnotes
I won't be able to play until next week, but the opinion is overwhelmingly... positive.

Basically, every bad thing the last patch brought has been erased. The gravity seems back to normal, the botchered animations are fixed, the jump attacks are back... AND they fixed the throws (now deal between 90 damage (Iggy) and 150 (Okuyasu)), maybe too much, but it's still a huge improvement. AND they fixed DIOvolo (their bursts require 2/1.5 jauges). AND they added new stuff (cancellable 2H which allows several characters to cancel 2H into stuff, like their GHA or the unblockable move for Okuyasu or Kawajiri, which is a welcome buff; or even a new type of Roman Cancel for stand users that allows them, for 1 jauge, to cancel any move while stand off into stand on). AND they slightly nerfed the stylish moves by nerfing the guard jauge (750=>500 and slower to recover in several cases) and making it slightly more expensive (25%=>30%). It might still be too strong, but at least they didn't make it useless which is a huge relief. AND they didn't patch out the fun combos based around the provocation force restand: they just made them more difficult to do or to loop. AND they didn't do some of the stupid things they annonced in the preliminary notes, like nerfing the EB.

The general opinion except amongst trolls is that it is, by far, the best version of the game. It might not be balanced at all (Whamu is probably far too strong, and Rohan and Otoishi seem to have been nerfed, which is hilarious), but at least it's more fun to play and has much more variety in what the characters can do.
AND it looks like they are listening to what people who actually play the game think, AND they look like they want to improve their game instead of just running away with the money.

And.... there is a december update centered around individual character adjustments.
I wasn't expecting half of all that. Wow.
(The online is still crap, btw)

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 12 Oct 05:50]

Professor
3913th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Unbelievably good news" , posted Sat 12 Oct 14:11post reply

I haven't played it yet but it sounds pretty good. The Decmember patch sounds like it's going to be quite an overhaul over the game balance; the characters are actually going to have different traits (character that's good in air, good at mixups, etc) rather than feel like they just have a mashup of moves from the original manga.

This is all too good. Such a pity it came so late, only 2 weeks before BBCP.

HAYATO
1148th Post

"Re(1):Unbelievably good news" , posted Sun 13 Oct 06:17post reply

Good to hear they are trying to fix all the balance issues and mechanics. I'll wait till the game is released overseas and then I'll give it another try. Who knows, playing it then may end up being a gold experience after all...

Iggy
9673th Post

"Re(1):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Wed 16 Oct 04:58post reply

And the usual curse of "Iggy's favourite characters end up bottom tier" continues:
【S】
Avdol Gyro
【A】
Hol Horse Old Joseph Dio Ceasar
【E】
Hermes Lisalisa Iggy Johnny

The 4 characters I have really tried to understand. Damn it.
The good news is that they are still ranked above the F-tier (Rohan, Otoishi, Kawajiri and Shigechi).

Toxico
5850th Post

"Re(2):Jojo ASB thread 2 - Post launch thread" , posted Wed 16 Oct 07:11post reply

quote:
And the usual curse of "Iggy's favourite characters end up bottom tier" continues:

"Iggy's romantic comedy is as wrong as we expected"?

In related(?) news, supposedly this shonen jump issue has something about the anime from part 3. Of course I don't have a way to check that out myself.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3916th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Wed 16 Oct 18:08:post reply

http://i.imgur.com/qZdpfJ1.jpg

I dearly hope they don't use Sugita(Young Jopseph) voice actor doing old Joseph's voice like in the game. He did a convincing job at imitating an old man's voice, but it's got its limits.

As for ASB, Lisalisa is seriously weak but she can still wreack some havoc online because of her damage, unblockable super and good crossup. Unfortunatley her specials are completely useless aside from use in combos and starting it off from a whiff. Thank goodness she's going to be patched. I'm thinking of maining with her and Hol Horse.

Hol could be particularly interesting with the upcoming patch since it sounds like he might end up being like KOF13's King if he actually gets improved air projectiles.

Here's two tier charts that someone made. The First one is from an English forum, second one is from Japan.

Chart 1
Chart 2

[this message was edited by Professor on Wed 16 Oct 18:27]

Iggy
9674th Post

"Re(1):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Thu 17 Oct 01:29post reply

I hadn't noticed you finished the tier tool for the game!
You're amazing, thanks!

Oroch
1136th Post

PSN: Alpha-Class

"Re(2):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Thu 17 Oct 01:39post reply

quote:
I hadn't noticed you finished the tier tool for the game!
You're amazing, thanks!

this is making me laugh more than it should

Toxico
5852th Post

"Re(3):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Sat 19 Oct 15:46post reply

Huh? I love it how they are speaking like if all name changes weren't settled already (the japanese release disk hinted that the localization was done already).

Iced No, thank you.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Olivier Hague
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Sat 19 Oct 16:15post reply

quote:
the japanese release disk hinted that the localization was done already

How so?

Toxico
5853th Post

"Re(5):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Sat 19 Oct 16:22post reply

quote:

How so?

Folders & files inside the disk for each different zone. Of course I haven't seen that myself, but there is little reason to suspect / doubt such claims, since having everything shafted in there from the get go has been the☆thrend for this gen (like guys that can change region for games with save state hacking tools when the actual game doesn't let you (stares at Dragon's Crown)).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

HAYATO
1149th Post

"Re(6):Jojo Anime Part ThrURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" , posted Sat 19 Oct 18:20post reply

quote:

How so?

Folders & files inside the disk for each different zone. Of course I haven't seen that myself, but there is little reason to suspect / doubt such claims, since having everything shafted in there from the get go has been the☆thrend for this gen (like guys that can change region for games with save state hacking tools when the actual game doesn't let you (stares at Dragon's Crown)).

Well, I have just browsed over my BLJS10217 and I confirm there are 3 different regions listed in some of the folders (such as save and content_info) but all region subfolders contain the very same files (PIC1.png and ICON0.png), so I doubt they have implemented anything yet. Of course, I could be wrong, as I don't know how to read the data.cpk file, that could shed some light over the matter...

Iggy
9675th Post

"Kimosexy" , posted Fri 25 Oct 09:25post reply

This game will have been a roller-coaster of emotions until the very end: Annasui is unusual (a kind of combo-chart character, where each move exists to be fed to another move) but nothing really works well together, and the damage output is abysmal. Worse: it's Annasui. I would trade him for Weather in a heartbeat.
Vanilla is surprisingly OK, on the other hand. As a representation of the manga, I think he's much better than Capcom's Vanilla. His S button is strange, as he's not really able to fight in his stand, just bubble around the screen. But S is also used as a blood drain move, like Dio. All in all, I find him fun to play... at least against the CPU, since like all unblockable characters (Okuyasu or Kawajiri), he's useless against a human opponent who knows how to stylish move.

As for the clothes in the update, we're reaching the bottom of the barrel. Giorno with a slightly different print, DIO identical except with a cape, Okuyasu in a t-shirt... I must admit BOSS-Diavolo was unexpected and a very good surprise, though. And Shadow DIO is as cool as ever.
I really wonder what the last campaign will bring... several important outfits miss (I don't think we've had Jôtarô part 4 or 6 yet ?), but not enough for a full campaign. And there is very little hope for Lisalisa's bath outfit, Annasui's female version and dwarf Valentine...
Ah well. There's probably plenty more random outfits for Jolyne and Rohan.
Apparently, the "all characters for 300 yens" sales will end early december. I suppose Baoh and the character patch will come around that time? The game is more or less already dead anyway, so they can take all the time they want.

Olivier Hague
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Kimosexy" , posted Sun 27 Oct 05:55post reply

quote:
several important outfits miss (I don't think we've had Jôtarô part 4 or 6 yet ?)

Jôsuke and Jolyne have lines where they comment about how "off" or young he looks, so I imagine we're stuck with his Part 3 version.

Iggy
9677th Post

"Re(2):Kimosexy" , posted Sun 27 Oct 06:48post reply

quote:
Jôsuke and Jolyne have lines where they comment about how "off" or young he looks, so I imagine we're stuck with his Part 3 version.

Old Jôtarô confirmed for the sequel? Now that's going to move copies...

Toxico
5858th Post

"Jojonium" , posted Sat 2 Nov 08:10post reply

Jojonium is, apparently, a Kanzenban collection of the first 3 part with a bunch of new color pages added by Araki

Sample 1 , Sample 2

.... This isn't a bad time for them, apparently. As the name has been growing big with "regular people" lately + there is the upcoming hype for new series.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9678th Post

"Re(1):Jojonium" , posted Wed 6 Nov 07:58post reply

I like the art, but why is Danny chilling out on Dio's shoulder of all places?

HAYATO
1152th Post

"Re(2):Jojonium" , posted Wed 6 Nov 17:37post reply

quote:

Because he's in the way to the oven...

kofoguz
1090th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Jojonium" , posted Thu 7 Nov 04:43post reply

quote:

I didnt detect any kind of sarcasm, so thats why im gonna say that suppose to be Jonathan not Dio.

HAYATO
1153th Post

"The end of Campaign mode?" , posted Sun 10 Nov 02:34post reply

Will we get rid of much derided Campaing mode in the international version? One can only hope...

What interests me the most is the part where Noriaki Niino speaks about "making amends by offering paid items for free". Will we also get DLC chars included in Western territories? If that's the case,Niino-san consider yourself forgiven!!

Olivier Hague
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Jojonium" , posted Sun 10 Nov 05:55post reply

quote:
I didnt detect any kind of sarcasm, so thats why im gonna say that suppose to be Jonathan not Dio.

I'm not so sure about that. The official site announced that the characters featured on the covers of volumes 1 and 2 would be Jonathan, Dio, Zeppeli and Bruford...

Toxico
5867th Post

"Oh noだズラ" , posted Wed 20 Nov 03:45post reply

Spring anime, yet; Voice cast to be changed.

Speaking off, we might need some Jojo related thread / post icons ゴゴゴゴゴゴ

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3933th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Oh noだズラ" , posted Thu 21 Nov 18:49post reply

quote:
Spring anime, yet; Voice cast to be changed.

Speaking off, we might need some Jojo related thread / post icons ゴゴゴゴゴゴ

That's an idea! But I wonder what can fit in 16x16 pixels...

chazumaru
1113th Post

"Re(2):Oh noだズラ" , posted Thu 21 Nov 18:56post reply

What about this?

i  n   t  h  e   f  a  s  t   l  a  n  e   ♪

Professor
3936th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Oh noだズラ" , posted Fri 22 Nov 18:07:post reply

quote:
What about this?

Done! Added a ゴ, too.

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 22 Nov 20:29]

Spoon
2512th Post

"Re(4):Oh noだズラ" , posted Sat 23 Nov 07:59post reply

quote:
What about this?

Done! Added a ゴ, too.

Toxico
5871th Post

"Re(5):Oh noだズラ" , posted Sat 23 Nov 12:01:post reply

quote:

Ah, I wonder why a simple icon improves so much the posting experience. Right, boss?

edit : Isn't Jojo ASB price like... 2000 yen already?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 23 Nov 12:20]

Toxico
5871th Post

"Re(6):Oh noだズラ" , posted Tue 26 Nov 14:21post reply

A compiled list for the upcoming patch is here. I have seen some people arguing about the possibility of a 1,05 already. That's some confidence

Speaking of, forgive me for my ignorance and ubber lazyness to investigate it on my own, but was Yoshikage Kira ever released as a normal DLC? Or was he kept "first edition bonus" only?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

fuu
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Oh noだズラ" , posted Tue 26 Nov 19:16post reply

quote:
A compiled list for the upcoming patch is here. I have seen some people arguing about the possibility of a 1,05 already. That's some confidence

Speaking of, forgive me for my ignorance and ubber lazyness to investigate it on my own, but was Yoshikage Kira ever released as a normal DLC? Or was he kept "first edition bonus" only?

I don't think he is out yet, any new physical copy of the game still comes with him though.

Iggy
9684th Post

"Re(7):Oh noだズラ" , posted Tue 26 Nov 22:14post reply

quote:
A compiled list for the upcoming patch is here. I have seen some people arguing about the possibility of a 1,05 already.
Is the change list that bad that people already want another patch?
I cannot check it because BanNAm's website is apparently adult/sexual content...

And no, Kira is still not available as far as I know. I wonder if they'll add DLC costumes as scheduled, and they'll add Kira to the list, or if the game is really finally over after Baoh...

Professor
3941th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Oh noだズラ" , posted Tue 26 Nov 23:02post reply

quote:
Is the change list that bad that people already want another patch?
I cannot check it because BanNAm's website is apparently adult/sexual content...

The good news is, the patch is being released earlier than December as originally scheduled.

The bad news is, it's getting released on 11/28 which is the exact date as Ultimax P4U is hitting arcades, so the attention from fighting game players might not be as good.

The list Toxico is mentioning is the thing that was released a few months back. There hasn't been any specific details yet.

Fuu
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):Oh noだズラ" , posted Wed 27 Nov 00:21post reply

quote:
A compiled list for the upcoming patch is here. I have seen some people arguing about the possibility of a 1,05 already.Is the change list that bad that people already want another patch?

I might be wrong but I think the notion of the other patch comes from an interview about the western edition where the CC2 guy mentions that the Japanese version is still going to get a couple of patches. This might just be a "ehi, if it's really needed we'll patch it another time after 1.04" scenario.

Professor
3945th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Ver 1.04 URRRYYYYYY!" , posted Thu 28 Nov 18:15post reply

jojoasb_ver104_20131128.pdf

I'm still looking at it but it seems like most characters have been given improvements rather than nerfs!

Iggy
9685th Post

"Re(1):Ver 1.04 URRRYYYYYY!" , posted Thu 28 Nov 22:36post reply

quote:

This is... a brand new game. So much has changed I can't even imagine how the game will would have looked like in a few weeks if many people were still playing it. The Stylish Move is now a proper parry and divided into up and low! That's huge. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the game has many fast overheads, so I suppose low SM is still the best option...?

One thing is certain: balance has gone through the window. Valentine and Kawajiri barely have anything usable now. Iggy's damage have been nerfed to oblivion, while Hol Horse seems stronger than ever.

But everyone seems to have received more things to do, so even if half of the characters end up broken in one way or another at least they should end up more fun to play during casual sessions.
For example, maybe the pillar men are finally going to be able to use their modes? And who know what possibilities it's going to open? Lisa seems much more usable, Ceasar is going to even more of a pain than he is now, Jonathan seems to be hitting like a truck, Joseph's counters look really entertaining... Otoishi seems like a totally different character.
Bucca seems to have been well buffed, neither too strong or weak. His strong 閉じろジッパーーッ!! being throw cancellable is going to create some amusing traps.
Johnny players' reaction to the patch:"本当に…本当に…なんて遠い回り道…ありがとう…それしか言う言葉が見つからない… ".

It's far too late to save the game in Japan, but the westerners who will try it in this state (yes, all 10 of them) will have a mighty fun product.
If we get a sequel via the new TV series (I wonder if the VA change means it's going to be difficult?), the team at least seems to have gained some much needed skills on how to make a serious fighting game.

Fuu
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Ver 1.04 URRRYYYYYY!" , posted Thu 28 Nov 22:49:post reply

quote:

I'm still looking at it but it seems like most characters have been given improvements rather than nerfs!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22347012

ahah yeah it's a bit all over the place really. Cream went from useless to really scary, Kira got a really great move that could easily have gone to Kawajiri since he was already pretty good, and they buffed Diavolo...

still it's fun to see all these changes. But it's lucky they were already willing to do another patch.

[this message was edited by Fuu on Thu 28 Nov 22:53]

Toxico
5874th Post

"Re(2):Ver 1.04 URRRYYYYYY!" , posted Thu 5 Dec 09:35post reply

I think I remember that we spoke over here how it was regrettable that this game had CG models rather than some crazy Hiroaki representation?

Well, certainly, not the same, but someone made some videos with the "base illustrations" for the models game, kinda interesting and the music was not appropriate enough.

Part 1~3 - Nico

Part 4 - Nico

Part 5 - Nico

Part 6~Baoh - Nico

ETC stuff - Nico

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
3961th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Capcom and Bannam collaboration stuff" , posted Thu 19 Dec 16:36:post reply

BandaiNamco and Capcom is collaborating on their two Jojo fighters.

Starting today, JojoASB is getting a special DLC costume for Jotaro and Pornareff based on the cover art drawn by Araki used for Capcom's classic Jojo fighter. In addition, the Capcom game will be on sale for 800JPY until Jan.8.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/12/19/72968.html

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 19 Dec 16:46]

Iggy
9694th Post

"Re(1):Capcom and Bannam collaboration stuff" , posted Thu 19 Dec 20:06post reply

That's some surprising news! Especially the "free" part.
But adding Jôtarô and Polnareff stuff to the game now worries me about a possible sequel... wouldn't it be better to keep that for a part-3 centric update next year, if they do one?

Also, if they keep doing that kind of collaboration, I wouldn't mind hearing musics from Miraihe no Isan and Ôgon no Kaze in ASB. The current themes are good, but there is always room for improvement.

Professor
3968th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Spring 2014 URYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" , posted Sun 22 Dec 21:24post reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqkpbt2Ero

Iggy
9700th Post

"Re(1):Spring 2014 URYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" , posted Sun 22 Dec 21:53post reply

All new voice actors except for Jôtarô and DIO!
Well, at least for Joseph it's a much needed improvement.

karasu99
1278th Post

"Re(2):Stardust Shooters" , posted Tue 31 Dec 00:48post reply

Wow, can it be that I beat Iggy and the Prof to mentioning this? Looks at least somewhat interesting from a fan perspective.

www.secret-arts.com

Spoon
2529th Post

"Re(3):Stardust Shooters" , posted Tue 31 Dec 12:14post reply

quote:
Wow, can it be that I beat Iggy and the Prof

Olivier Hague
176th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Stardust Shooters" , posted Wed 1 Jan 20:47post reply

quote:
Wow, can it be that I beat Iggy and the Prof to mentioning this?

Haha, did they change the colors for Jôtarô and Star Platinum because of the upcoming TV series? Man, that was fast. Guess they'll try and change the cast as well, if they make a sequel...

Iggy
9707th Post

"Re(4):Stardust Shooters" , posted Wed 1 Jan 21:07post reply

quote:
Haha, did they change the colors for Jôtarô and Star Platinum because of the upcoming TV series? Man, that was fast. Guess they'll try and change the cast as well, if they make a sequel...

At first, I thought Star Plat was Baoh...

In other news.

Professor
3975th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Stardust Shooters" , posted Thu 2 Jan 10:11post reply

quote:
Wow, can it be that I beat Iggy and the Prof to mentioning this? Looks at least somewhat interesting from a fan perspective.

Jojo on Smartphone! I think this is the first time it's actually happened, nice find!

Toxico
5884th Post

"Tourururururuururu~ru~ru~n" , posted Fri 31 Jan 11:40:post reply

So, apparently; the overseas release is going to get an extra mode which consist in an "arcade mode" where you pick a character and you are pitted against a random set of enemies. There is the possibility of triggering through it a "harvest mode", which is going to increase the amount of gold earned.

My negativity sensor would say 'they are going to take out another game mode and they made that one to "compensate"'; but it looks like everything is there. People are arguing if the game is going to have DLC or rather instead is going to have everything for an added price (the game is thicking at 50 bucks, which seems a little expensive for a vs game).

There is also going to be a some limited disc release to the game exclusive to providers from Amazon and Club Namco and the game is already confirmed for digital release; so I'm guessing that outside the first print they plan on not to bother anymore. Oh, and apparently the version released of the game is going to be the same as the current japanese one (what happened with 1.05, btw?).

Article , Article. Game images Bucciarati? Diabolo? Bepsi (stage hazzard)

March? Sounds like a rumor. Oh, and the anime starts in April 5, right?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 31 Jan 12:25]

Iggy
9719th Post

"Re(1):Tourururururuururu~ru~ru~n" , posted Fri 31 Jan 20:05post reply

The font they picked is.... well, let's say I'm amazed.

Toxico
5889th Post

"Re(2):Tourururururuururu~ru~ru~n" , posted Thu 20 Feb 14:52post reply

anime designs over at the website

... I didn't liked the look on the trailer, but I'm liking them better here. I'm sooo on the look out for Heihachi Joestar

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

HokutoAndy
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Stardust Shooters" , posted Thu 20 Feb 17:52post reply

quote:

Jojo on Smartphone! I think this is the first time it's actually happened, nice find!

Looks fun, will check out the medal shooter genre

Professor
3999th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Jojo Pt.3 PVVVVVVVVEEEY!!" , posted Fri 21 Feb 18:20:post reply

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22937011 - Nico

Dailymotion ver
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cv1jl

Did they announce whether this will run for a quarter year or a half year (one or two Cours)?

[this message was edited by Professor on Fri 21 Feb 21:16]

Toxico
5890th Post

"Re(1):Jojo Pt.3 PVVVVVVVVEEEY!!" , posted Fri 21 Feb 20:15post reply

quote:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22937011 - Nico

Did they announce whether this will run for a quarter year or a half year (one or two Cours)?

I can't remember reading any mention about it, but honestly they can't give this one justice without 50 episodes; after all I can't remember if this is like 2 or 3 times the size of Battle Tendency pages wise.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Olivier Hague
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Jojo Pt.3 PVVVVVVVVEEEY!!" , posted Sat 22 Feb 08:22post reply

quote:
I can't remember reading any mention about it, but honestly they can't give this one justice without 50 episodes; after all I can't remember if this is like 2 or 3 times the size of Battle Tendency pages wise.

Four cours would be overkill. Three would be fine.
I'm betting we'll get two though.

Toxico
5891th Post

"Re(3):Jojo Pt.3 PVVVVVVVVEEEY!!" , posted Sun 2 Mar 08:16post reply

Magician's Red trailer.

Game european's box art (release : April 25).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5899th Post

"Re(4):Jojo Pt.3 PVVVVVVVVEEEY!!" , posted Thu 20 Mar 11:22:post reply

You can see a preview of the horrible fronts and the unaccurate translation here.... Oh, the underneath of the power bars

JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA 4. Shining Diamond..... Oh dear God

.... Jolyne's and Jotaro's last names are different.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 20 Mar 12:28]

Iggy
9751th Post

"Localization... localized." , posted Thu 24 Apr 18:47post reply

http://pastebin.com/ZTgCSdaC

Thanks Olivier for making my day.

Professor
4043th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Localization... localized." , posted Thu 24 Apr 23:34post reply

quote:

Eiffel !!!???

Spoon
2593th Post

"Re(2):Localization... localized." , posted Fri 25 Apr 02:48post reply

quote:

Pale Snake sounds like a Metal Gear character, but Maiden Heaven sounds like a dating sim. This clearly makes Pucci's stands my favourite.

Madgear
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Localization... localized." , posted Fri 25 Apr 03:24post reply

quote:

Pale Snake sounds like a Metal Gear character, but Maiden Heaven sounds like a dating sim. This clearly makes Pucci's stands my favourite.

LOL! It does sound like a dating sim. When I read Jojo, it was always "Made in Heaven." Was my translation incorrect...or is this one?

rlateef.com / hypevoltage.tumblr.com

iggy
9752th Post

"Re(4):Localization... localized." , posted Fri 25 Apr 20:10post reply

quote:
Was my translation incorrect...or is this one?

Well, that's an easy one.

Lord SNK
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 26 Apr 17:18post reply

quote:

Eiffel !!!???

The official site also specify his name in katakana as:

ジャン=ピエール・エッフェル

http://www.fight-with-style.com/

Why they changed it??!

Toxico
5903th Post

"Re(3):Localization... localized." , posted Sun 27 Apr 12:12post reply

Speaking of atrocities, currently the Stardust Crusaders anime is apparently slated for 24 episodes.

.... Are they going to split the anime in two 24 episode seasons? I long lost the age of being hopeful like that (cue to D'arby level mental break down).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9753th Post

"Re(4):Localization... localized." , posted Mon 28 Apr 18:45post reply

quote:
Speaking of atrocities, currently the Stardust Crusaders anime is apparently slated for 24 episodes.

Maybe up until Egypt halfway through, and Vanilla/DIO as an OVA/movie?
Quite a few series have gone like that recently... The question being whether Stardust Crusaders is high profile enough to warrant such a move.

Toxico
5904th Post

"Re(5):Localization... localized." , posted Tue 29 Apr 03:35post reply

quote:
Maybe up until Egypt halfway through, and Vanilla/DIO as an OVA/movie?
Quite a few series have gone like that recently... The question being whether Stardust Crusaders is high profile enough to warrant such a move.

Supposedly the first series was an unexpected hit to the studio, earning much more than what they profiled (I heard, never seen). And the 3rd part is the Z Gundam of the franchise so they should more or less try to squeeze money out of us.... But I have one of those bad feelings.

Speaking of, I always was curious that if they were going to include an animation about the light novels or not. While the LN about part 3 seems to be pretty atrocious, the LNs about the other parts bring up more or less interesting subject, so hinting them for future releases could be fun.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Fuu
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Localization... localized." , posted Tue 29 Apr 20:42post reply

quote:

.... Are they going to split the anime in two 24 episode seasons? I long lost the age of being hopeful like that (cue to D'arby level mental break down).

2 seasons are very likely to me right now. The pace is very relaxed (unlike 1-2 which was rather speedy), they're even adding a few bits to flesh out some minor scenes, and the intro even hints to a lot of minor fights (the Sun...). I mean, DIO even used Hermit Purple, I'll be surprised if they ever cut anything.

Toxico
5907th Post

"Re(5):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 10 May 03:07:post reply

........ So the method to discover a stand user, is to check if their jaws turn black when they light a smoke?

--- Funny how I don't remember any censorship on the smoke and beer on chapter one.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 10 May 03:31]

Iggy
9755th Post

"Re(6):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 10 May 04:03post reply

quote:
........ So the method to discover a stand user, is to check if their jaws turn black when they light a smoke?

I don't understand why they would change that?

Toxico
5907th Post

"Re(7):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 10 May 04:26post reply

quote:
I don't understand why they would change that?

Oh, I wasn't speaking about a change, the dialog was pretty much the same and the visual reprentation was very faitful.... I was speaking about This, which actually didn't happen in the first chapter. That doesn't happen to anyone I know of, it has to be a stand user thing

.... Now we know that the D'arby duel is gonna look weird.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Iggy
9756th Post

"Re(8):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 10 May 08:06post reply

quote:
I was speaking about This

...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH???????

Maybe it's because he's under 20, and you're not allowed to smoke at that age because that's bad?

Professor
4046th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):Localization... localized." , posted Sat 10 May 20:55post reply

quote:
I was speaking about This
...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH???????

Maybe it's because he's under 20, and you're not allowed to smoke at that age because that's bad?

Yeah they needed to black out Jotaro's mouth because it was on national TV and he's supposed to be underaged to smoke. The writers didn't change the script or anything though. They still had him touching the little kid to discover it's a girl and whatnot.

Toxico
5912th Post

".... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 16 May 09:16:post reply

So, apparently the "1.04" version for the US release has some rebalancing here and there, but not as radical as the stuff from 1.03 to 1.04. The most relevant thing so far seems to be that campaing energy regenerates every 2 minutes instead of 5. Currently, details are being recorded here

That, along with the newly added arcade mode, make it so that we are having people dreaming about a future more polished ver 1.05 for every region.

Speaking of, Iggy-tan, omochikaeri

Speaking of, I would like an "anime voice" pack for the characters of part 3, but it would be useless to have it before knowing every change that they are going to make in the future. (I doubt Devo will be Heihachi again)

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 16 May 20:03]

Iggy
9759th Post

"Re(1):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 16 May 19:01post reply

Hurray !!!!!
I'm happy.
quote:
So, apparently the "1.04" version for the US release has some rebalancing here and there, but not as radical as the stuff from 1.03 to 1.04.

That's... really odd. Wonder what's going on. I mean, changing the campaign so it would be less dumb was mandatory, but rebalancing is... interesting.

In the end, is there any part 3 character from ASB that has the same voice actor as the anime?
I really wonder if we'll get an ASB2, or if the backlash was so severe they'll make a different game to ride on the success of the anime, from a different team.

Toxico
5912th Post

"Re(2):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 16 May 20:03:post reply

quote:

In the end, is there any part 3 character from ASB that has the same voice actor as the anime?
I really wonder if we'll get an ASB2, or if the backlash was so severe they'll make a different game to ride on the success of the anime, from a different team.

Hmmm, if they are fuelled by international success (the game currently seems to be very well thought of); we might see some further support in some ways.

I think I recall abut CC2 stating that they "over did it" with the expenses, and I figure that they wouldn't want to think of another game (like what anime studio do, where they a milk series for a couple of years before going for the sequel); world wide release might boost earnings enough to think positively... probably.

About the anime vs ASB, from the top of my head, right now the only characters that have appeared on both are Enya, Dio, Jotaro, Noriaki, Benimaru, Heihachi & the fortune teller. From that lot, only Dio and Jotaro have retained the same voices..... I'm secretly praying for the D'arbies to be keep as they are. Yamazaki is surprisingly a cool sounding homosexual elitist gambler.

edit : Roughly 10 hours after plugging the game, I'm at more or less 70% trophies and I might get platinium before I need to go to work , right now I'm mostly waiting for the Forever fight.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 16 May 20:05]

Toxico
5912th Post

"Re(3):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Mon 26 May 09:25post reply

So, Devo the cursed was changed to Soul Sacrifice. Furthermore his VA is no longer Heihachi Dwarf, but rather Shouto Kashii.

... Since the sponsor is the same, I had the vague expectation that that All Star Battle cast would be majorly reprised in the anime; but once you think things more deeply, it's easy to realized that the guy acting as the general sound director or whatever it's called is probably different even if the sponsor happens to be the same (two different medias, two completely different directors, naturally).

Also, speaking of "thinking about it", I was arguing with a friend how odd it was that ASB was updated for the US version, but the JP version was left to rot... And we could make some sense of it, if the character changes for the US version are actually what they intend to apply to the sequel, that would give some sense to the "extra work" that they are doing right now.

...... Speaking of, what's my true reason for posting? there it can only be one

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
4049th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Wed 28 May 21:29post reply

quote:
Also, speaking of "thinking about it", I was arguing with a friend how odd it was that ASB was updated for the US version, but the JP version was left to rot... And we could make some sense of it, if the character changes for the US version are actually what they intend to apply to the sequel, that would give some sense to the "extra work" that they are doing right now.

I wonder what happens when an US version owner plays against a JP version owner online in that case? Very interesting.

Fuu
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Thu 29 May 14:02post reply

quote:

I wonder what happens when an US version owner plays against a JP version owner online in that case? Very interesting.

Don't worry, they solved this dilemma with the most elegant solution: JP game is region locked.

Iggy
9762th Post

"Re(6):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 30 May 05:02post reply

Stolen from a mean person who doesn't like us anymore so I have to stalk him on the internet to keep my files up-to-date so he kinda deserves it honestly:
Click me
quote:
This Cuban gas station has fucking Star Platinum male enhancement pills

nobinobita
1298th Post

"Re(7):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 30 May 05:38post reply

quote:
Stolen from a mean person who doesn't like us anymore so I have to stalk him on the internet to keep my files up-to-date so he kinda deserves it honestly:
Click me

*ahem* ... <clears throat>

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
ORAAAAA!!!

(i really like that they used the Medicos action figure)

www.art-eater.com

Mosquiton
1990th Post

"Re(8):.... So unfair.... HEEEYYYYYY" , posted Fri 30 May 15:53post reply

quote:
Click me

*ahem* ... <clears throat>

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
ORAAAAA!!!

Oh man. Too good you guys.

/ / /

Iggy
9774th Post

"Mystery solved" , posted Fri 20 Jun 22:22post reply

About the length of Stardust Crusaders
https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/statuses/479965937144057856
Confirmed to be a full year anime, with no stand cut.

4 seasons seems quite long... I wonder if they'll have to lengthen some fights to last that long.

Professor
4056th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Mystery solved" , posted Fri 20 Jun 23:10post reply

quote:

4 seasons seems quite long... I wonder if they'll have to lengthen some fights to last that long.

Holy Cripes! I don't know whether to say that the news is awesome, or to say that I'm worried about the staff's health. A full-year Jojo anime is truely a dream come true.

Loona
746th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Mystery solved" , posted Fri 20 Jun 23:52post reply

quote:

Maybe thy're building a buffer to be able to cover the later stories as well?

I've only just started watching recently - watched a bit of Stardust, then figured I'd check the 2012 series and watched all of that (young Joseph is the best), and since there seems to be a unified-yet-distributed effort with the release of the game and series, who knows...

Jotaro and his cast appear to be the most popular, so it's natural to see it stick around for a long time, but I wonder if there's enough fandom critical mass to justify series for the following stories...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Toxico
5914th Post

"Re(1):Mystery solved" , posted Sat 21 Jun 00:03:post reply

quote:

.... I'm wonder if they are gonna add bits from the light novels? The latest Dio one seems to be quite atrocious, but the old one has 2 badly written fights with potential for some fabulous posing; it might get a chance?

Oh, I sorta got the hunch that with the current pace, Dio's mansion -> end series alone is going to be way over 12 episodes. (That's Petshop, Terence, Vanilla & Dio + some time dedicated to Nukesaku and the other guy (Kenny?))

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 21 Jun 00:07]

Toxico
5922th Post

"Mystery reissued" , posted Sat 2 Aug 04:41post reply

quote:

So, recently in an event, it was confirmed that this isn't going to be 4 seasons in a row, and we are gonna have a break halfway through of a season and the show will return next year (soure)

People have been already giving mental math, and there is a chance that Meddler will lose her teeth by episode 23, but since she isn't exactly the coolest lad in the gang; people are already hoping for a wonderful season closure with our very own Iggy bullying Polnaref and sensing N'Doul's presence.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Toxico
5940th Post

"ゴゴゴゴ" , posted Sat 10 Jan 04:35:post reply

So, I was expecting a boring re-cap episode, but we were instead just thrown right into the coffee gum bestiality while drowning in a pea pond.

OP and ED changed, I liked them better than the previous ones (which were pretty weak compared to the 2012 series).

The OP and ED again surprise us by pretty much not having a single spoiler (I remember friends whining about HxH ops, which spoiled all of the good surprises like transformations).

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 10 Jan 04:41]

Professor
4282th Post

MMCafe Owner

"JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Fri 29 May 20:59post reply

http://www.fashion-press.net/news/17208

Iggy
9920th Post

"Re(1):JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Fri 29 May 21:11post reply

This is so weird (instead of Bizarre)!
And expensive!

nobinobita
1413th Post

"Re(2):JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Sat 30 May 16:01post reply

quote:
This is so weird (instead of Bizarre)!
And expensive!

I want some Ora Ora coffee! I love that all the branded merchandise is done in that grotesque "Oingo Boingo Brothers Adventures" style.

My very first introduction to JoJo was actually the chapter that introduces Tohth where Hol Horse kicks that woman (and unknowingly saves her from a scorpion).

The style that the future predicting book was drawn in actually scared me! It was just so UGLY and utterly devoid of dignity. But i couldn't put the book down!

Sometimes its easy to forget that to a little kid, JoJo is actually quite scary! As much of a horror comic as it is a Shonen Adventure at times (like when Enya Gail poked a hole in Polnareff's tongue and tried to make him eat poop D:)

www.art-eater.com

Spoon
2889th Post

"Re(3):JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Sat 30 May 17:00post reply

quote:

Sometimes its easy to forget that to a little kid, JoJo is actually quite scary! As much of a horror comic as it is a Shonen Adventure at times (like when Enya Gail poked a hole in Polnareff's tongue and tried to make him eat poop D:)

It will never cease to amaze me that Fist of the North Star and Jojo are categorized as shonen demographic comics, given that both are very frequently extremely gory and gruesome with enormous amounts of mutilative violence. People literally get chunks taken out of them in Jojo, heroes and villains and bystanders alike. Animals get killed ALL THE TIME in HnK and Jojo, often in horrible fashion.

It's kind of odd to me when some shonen comics straddle that line of body-exploding violence while coupled with the other standard of certain shonen works where "it's ok he wasn't really a bad guy so he didn't really die and none of the heroes ever get messed up too badly" (see: Suzuki Nakaba's Seven Deadly Sins manga).

Toxico
5957th Post

"Re(4):JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Tue 2 Jun 04:01post reply

quote:

It will never cease to amaze me that Fist of the North Star and Jojo are categorized as shonen demographic comics, given that both are very frequently extremely gory and gruesome with enormous amounts of mutilative violence. People literally get chunks taken out of them in Jojo, heroes and villains and bystanders alike. Animals get killed ALL THE TIME in HnK and Jojo, often in horrible fashion.

It's kind of odd to me when some shonen comics straddle that line of body-exploding violence while coupled with the other standard of certain shonen works where "it's ok he wasn't really a bad guy so he didn't really die and none of the heroes ever get messed up too badly" (see: Suzuki Nakaba's Seven Deadly Sins manga).

I totally agree. You can't call it a serious fight unless one of the character is reduced to sprayed body parts afterwards!!

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Ishmael
5178th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b

"Re(5):JOJO x TOWERECORDS -- THAT PLATE!" , posted Tue 2 Jun 10:10post reply

quote:

I totally agree. You can't call it a serious fight unless one of the character is reduced to sprayed body parts afterwards!!

In addition to extolling the virtues of friendship and believing in your dreams, shonen comics also teach small children how to die like true men.

Iggy
9922th Post

"EOH release date TBC" , posted Tue 9 Jun 21:30post reply

According to this week's Famitsu, EOH's release date on PS4 has moved from 2015 to TBC. Interestingly, PS3 still has 2015, but it has to be an oversight.
It's probably the best for the game. Keep it in the oven 6 more months, or even one full year.

Iggy
9932th Post

"New demo" , posted Fri 19 Jun 19:59:post reply

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/19081314.html
A new demo will soon be released on PS4, with a new selection of characters (Joseph and co from the previous demo are unavailable for example), and N'doul will be playable.

Also, in the Famitsû of the week, Avdol and Mariah have been unveiled. New PV NOW.
I really hope we'll see a lot of improvement in the demo, because as nice as it looks, it still looks like a chore to play...

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 20 Jun 20:03]

Professor
4662th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Heavenly Dio" , posted Sat 17 Oct 02:39:post reply

Now this, I didn't expect.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 17 Oct 02:41]

Spoon
3098th Post

"Re(1):Heavenly Dio" , posted Sat 17 Oct 02:59post reply

quote:

Ultimate Warrior!

Iggy
10020th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P - THE FOOL

"Re(1):Heavenly Dio" , posted Sat 17 Oct 03:15post reply

quote:

No.
Just...
No.

CC2, stop.

Toxico
5974th Post

"Re(2):Heavenly Dio" , posted Sat 17 Oct 07:40post reply

quote:

No.
Just...
No.

CC2, stop.

The ASCII image under your av shows all of our feelings perfectly.....

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Professor
4665th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Sat 24 Oct 21:05:post reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 24 Oct 21:07]

Toxico
5978th Post

"Re(1):Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Sun 25 Oct 07:14post reply

quote:

Not a single female hand in the trailer, I feel insulted!

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Spoon
3105th Post

"Re(2):Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Sun 25 Oct 07:34post reply

quote:

Not a single female hand in the trailer, I feel insulted!

I can't wait for awkwardly pronounced English swear words from Echoes Act #!

I really do wonder what kind of music they're going to pick for the theme song(s), though, because quite a number of the chapters have nothing to do with an overarching villain.

Iggy
10048th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P Requiem

"Re(3):Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Wed 18 Nov 00:29post reply

The VA for the anime of the 4th part have changed compared to ASB&EOH (except for Okuyasu, if I'm not mistaken):
東方仗助役 小野友樹さん
広瀬康一役 梶裕貴さん
虹村億泰役 高木渉さん
岸辺露伴役 櫻井孝宏さん
空条承太郎役 小野大輔さん

Since the part 4 is one of the longest, I guess CC2 will (unfortunately) have the time to release a 3rd game after the end of the anime... and before they announce the part 5 anime.
If they do an anime of part 5, that is. It's probably the most violent... Not sure how most fights will fly on TV (Rizotto of course, but even Buccellati, Illuzzo, Squallo, Sale... more than half of the fights are borderline gore).

Lord SNK
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Mon 21 Dec 17:22post reply

Trailer!

Strange noses

Just a Person
1733th Post

"Re(4):Jojo Pt.4 Anime announced!" , posted Thu 24 Mar 03:57post reply

quote:
Since the part 4 is one of the longest, I guess CC2 will (unfortunately) have the time to release a 3rd game after the end of the anime... and before they announce the part 5 anime.
If they do an anime of part 5, that is. It's probably the most violent... Not sure how most fights will fly on TV (Rizotto of course, but even Buccellati, Illuzzo, Squallo, Sale... more than half of the fights are borderline gore).

What would be the point of adapting parts 1-4 and leave part 5 out? Some of the violence could be toned down in the anime, if necessary. Anyway, the previous parts also had their share of gory scenes.

Now, supposing that all parts of JoJo's Bizarre Adventures will get their anime adaptations, I wonder if Araki will manage to finish part 8 by the time SBR's adaptation is finished...

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Toxico
6007th Post

"キタ━(゚∀ᦏ" , posted Sat 2 Apr 03:37:post reply

30 seconds on the anime and we get our ideal housewife right there!!! Great way to set up the mood; I almost can forgive them for not ending part 3 with a delinquent pushing a taxi on the snow.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 2 Apr 04:02]

Shindekudasai
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Mon 4 Apr 08:44post reply

Disclaimer: n00bpinions

Oh cool, we have a likeable protagonist again! I just powered through the anime for the first time over the last few weeks. I think the only thing I haven't enjoyed about JBA so far is Jotaro himself (zero personality and cliched OPMC stand), which was tough after cheering for Johnathan and Joseph. At least it looks like he's mellowing out a bit. As usual I'm the last in line for all this, but did any of you guys feel the same way when you first got hooked?

Seriously, though. Stardust Crusaders should have been titled Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure.

Steam ID: ungenesis

Loona
1042th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Mon 4 Apr 16:54post reply

quote:
Disclaimer: n00bpinions

Oh cool, we have a likeable protagonist again! I just powered through the anime for the first time over the last few weeks. I think the only thing I haven't enjoyed about JBA so far is Jotaro himself (zero personality and cliched OPMC stand), which was tough after cheering for Johnathan and Joseph. At least it looks like he's mellowing out a bit. As usual I'm the last in line for all this, but did any of you guys feel the same way when you first got hooked?

Seriously, though. Stardust Crusaders should have been titled Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure.

I feel much the same - much of Stardust Crusaders would have been about as enjoyable for me without Jotaro, with a few exceptions like when he was forced to to stuff by that one guy, like acting as a bridge for him while the others were operating on Joseph's brain, or that one time he got turned into a kid but still beat the shit out of a guy despite lacking a stand.

I keep reading that part 4 is one of the best parts of the story, so I'm curious to see if there's be more to Josuke than an impressive stand ability and overreactions about his hair.

...!!

Iggy
10191th Post

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(3):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Mon 4 Apr 19:34post reply

I agree with Jotaro not being very likable, but I think he has a clear role that he's handling pretty well (and the supporting cast is created from the ground up to balance his drab personality: Polnaref, for example, would be transparent if he had been a support character in part 2 next to Young Joseph).
Araki thought about breaking his manga in 3 parts from the beginning. Therefore, the basic plan he had was "Dio will come back in part 3" and "the three heroes will be very different from each other while retaining the same heroic core". When you put Jonathan, Joseph and Jotaro next to each other, I think he pulled it out very well. Of course, he then went on with the series.
I have the feeling each subsequent character was created as an antithesis from the previous one: cheerful, heroic and in-your-face Josuke => discrete, reserved, calculating, and not entirely good Giorno (whose main strength is less his stand than his shrewd personality)=> Jolyne, very determined, reliable and impulsive (always following her heart over everything else) and a good person at heart=> Johnny, almost powerless, that slowly overcame his past and his body's limitations by growing into all sorts of shades of grey=> someone without any past nor body.

Season 4 is fantastic, but it takes a while to grow. I personally like Season 5 better, because there's not a single volume wasted. Season 4 could have done with 4 volumes less at the beginning, I think. But when it picks up, it has some of the strongest moments of the entire series.

Shindekudasai
440th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Mon 4 Apr 21:51post reply

Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to then!

Steam ID: ungenesis

Just a Person
1738th Post

"Re(4):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Wed 6 Apr 05:57post reply

quote:
I agree with Jotaro not being very likable, but I think he has a clear role that he's handling pretty well (and the supporting cast is created from the ground up to balance his drab personality: Polnaref, for example, would be transparent if he had been a support character in part 2 next to Young Joseph).
Araki thought about breaking his manga in 3 parts from the beginning. Therefore, the basic plan he had was "Dio will come back in part 3" and "the three heroes will be very different from each other while retaining the same heroic core". When you put Jonathan, Joseph and Jotaro next to each other, I think he pulled it out very well. Of course, he then went on with the series.
I have the feeling each subsequent character was created as an antithesis from the previous one: cheerful, heroic and in-your-face Josuke => discrete, reserved, calculating, and not entirely good Giorno (whose main strength is less his stand than his shrewd personality)=> Jolyne, very determined, reliable and impulsive (always following her heart over everything else) and a good person at heart=> Johnny, almost powerless, that slowly overcame his past and his body's limitations by growing into all sorts of shades of grey=> someone without any past nor body.

That's a very interesting analysis, Iggy. And it makes complete sense.

By the way, since you mentioned Seasons 4 and 5, can you give your opinions on Seasons 6, 7 and what little we have of 8 so far? I'm not very familiar with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but I love how it seems that each season (or part, or however we name them) has a distinctive personality, even if some concepts remain throughout the series.

I can be any person in the world... maybe I'm this person right in front of you... maybe I'm not.

Spoon
3305th Post

"Re(5):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Wed 6 Apr 11:33post reply

All of the Jojos from 1-7 except for Johnathan were raised either in the absence of their fathers (Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, Jolyne) or with a broken relationship to them (Johnny). All of them are born to tremendous talent.

So I think it's interesting that the only one that seems like a wholly heroic goody-two-shoes is Johnathan. <Freudian analysis ensues>

Each Jojo being a response to the previous one is a good idea, simply because it's a good way of preventing them from being too similar. Even when Josuke and Jotaro both have a core gimmick that is shared, that of the "high school delinquent" (even though trying to see Jotaro as a high school student has been ridiculous from day 1), the two manage to be substantially different from each other.

Iggy
10194th Post

"Re(5):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Wed 6 Apr 20:07:post reply

Stone Ocean is by far the worst out of all 8 parts. The few good elements or moments are drowned in a sea of stupidity and self-contradicting nonsense. It's also the worst period of the manga art-wise: pages and pages of empty backgrounds and drab surroundings. It doesn't help that it came just after an impressive streak of the 25 strongest volumes of the series (second half of part 4 + all part 5): the downfall was violent, and for a long time I was being delusional about it. I couldn't believe a manga could fall from great to trash so fast, but it really did.
The worst thing is that Jolyne might be my favourite Jojo, but she's wasted on this awful series.

SBR is not great, but the standards for the series have plummeted so hard during SO that it ends up bearable. It's far too long and has many boring streaks and questionable logic, but if you swallow early on the bitter pill of "OK, it's the mummy of JC, move along", it becomes bearable. The strange double-hero casting with almost no support is also a nice change.

I have nothing good to say about Jojolion at the moment. As a series, it's a mystery scenario, so it will live or die by its conclusion: if the mystery ends up being clever and interesting, it may be a good series, if not it would have been a total waste of time.
Because of the emphasis on mystery, it is also the first season except part 4 that is not a journey with a clear goal, and unfortunately most of the 100s of volumes have been about exciting incidents that moved the general plot forward, while the general plot itself remained a weak excuse for more interesting one-shot enemies (it's the exact of opposite of, say, Attack on Titan). What that means for Jojolion is that the characters often appear aimless, ending up in trouble by chance, for no good reason, and the quality of the fights being quite low doesn't help.
The most surprising element of Jojolion, however, is that it has introduced so far a grand total of zero likable characters. Most of the core cast, and most of the new characters that keep on popping, are actively unlikable, and there are very marked and strong efforts by the author to make them annoying, despicable or repulsive (Yasuho might be the only saving grace of the series). In any other series, it would be a big criticism, but in the bizarre adventure of Jojo, it could also appear as the most bizarre element of part 8, hence thematically defensible. I would just like a confirmation that Araki still remembers how to write likable characters once in a while...

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 7 Apr 03:39]

Lord SNK
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Thu 7 Apr 03:16post reply

quote:
Star Ocean is by far the worst out of all 8 parts.
-- Message too long, Autoquote has been Snipped --

* Stone Ocean ;)

About Jojolion, so far I'm liking it, I hope in a worthy ending.
Also the "Beetle Tendency" arc, those manly beetles fighting, the best thing happening to JoJo since the last 3 parts.

Iggy
10194th Post

"Re(7):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Thu 7 Apr 03:42post reply

quote:
* Stone Ocean ;)
That's why I should be working instead of posting here.
Wait, no, it's the opposite.
Aaaaaaah.

Just a Person
1739th Post

"Re(8):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Thu 7 Apr 04:36post reply

quote:
* Stone Ocean ;) That's why I should be working instead of posting here.
Wait, no, it's the opposite.
Aaaaaaah.

Heh, don't worry, we could understand you meant Stone Ocean. And thanks for the detailed insight on the series!

So Stone Ocean is the weakest part? That's sad; although I never read it, the arts and general descriptions of Jolyne, Pucci and FF (I guess that's the name of the plankton girl, right?) made it seem very interesting.

And the mysteries in JoJolion also keep me intrigued (again, even though I'm not even reading the manga)... it's kinda frustrating that it may take several years before this season is finished.

Now, the real sad part is, this series probably won't ever be published in my country (mangas with huge stories have no chance in our comic book market, unless they're named Naruto, One Piece or Monica Teen - and except for the latter, I'm not even sure that the others sell that well, despite having a considerable fanbase... what JJBA doesn't have here, sadly).

Spoon
3306th Post

"Re(6):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Thu 7 Apr 05:16post reply

For all of the dullness and stupidity that SBR often has, it at least marked the return of backgrounds. It generally looks good, too.
Having the Jojo of SBR be really weak was an interesting change, but Johnny is weak with a boring super power, and it's to the point where he often doesn't do anything interesting. This is as opposed to other "weak" Jojo characters needing to be full of cunning and tricks in order to win. I liked that SBR's head villain had a power so overwhelming that it kept you thinking "how will they overcome this? He's so menacing, and so powerful, and so determined!" in addition to having a very clear goal. As cool as the idea of Johnny's ultimate power is, it winds up feeling for me like the bad sort of deus ex machina. I don't even know if that's factually accurate with the story at this point, it's just the impression that has remained with me these years later.

As for Stone Ocean, part of me will sarcastically say,
"Don't you see? Ever panel with a blank background in Stone Ocean is meant to portray the characters as if they were in a white-backdropped fashion shoot! You just don't understand the genius of it!"

But that part of me just enjoys making insane rationalizations for any given thing.

In conclusion, I agree that Jolyne is a really cool Jojo.

Iggy
10196th Post

"Re(7):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Thu 7 Apr 22:46:post reply

quote:
Having the Jojo of SBR be really weak was an interesting change, but Johnny is weak with a boring super power, and it's to the point where he often doesn't do anything interesting. This is as opposed to other "weak" Jojo characters needing to be full of cunning and tricks in order to win. I liked that SBR's head villain had a power so overwhelming that it kept you thinking "how will they overcome this? He's so menacing, and so powerful, and so determined!" in addition to having a very clear goal. As cool as the idea of Johnny's ultimate power is, it winds up feeling for me like the bad sort of deus ex machina. I don't even know if that's factually accurate with the story at this point, it's just the impression that has remained with me these years later.

I don't like Johnny, but I like the idea behind him and how he was intended. I like that he was not necessary made to be likable.
He was surprisingly well thought for a Jojo protagonist: physically weak (to the point he couldn't walk), but also mentally weak (because of his father and brother, and I think he's shown as indulging on success when he had it) and finally morally weak. He initially gets the worst power of all Jojos (shooting your fingernails? really?) and slowly evolves to overcome his weaknesses. At the end of SBR, he managed to climb all the way up to the starting line where the other Jojos started their mangas.
What I mean is: he's the only hero who evolves. All the other Jojos start already ready for action, all their heroicness packed up, they eventually learn a trick or two along the way (a stand you say? Nice, I'll take it!), but they start their journey mentally "finished". Johnny is the opposite, and that evolution is the real story behind SBR (which ties well with the identity of the mummy). It is also interesting that he is himself confused with what the adventure is about, being mistaken into thinking the trip is about fixing his legs while it is instead about fixing his weak personality, self-indulgence and lack of willpower (and the danger of doing it without addressing his lack of morals, as illustrated with the "killing glance" thing).
All these failures in the character are even more meaningful when you think Johnny is a parallel-universe Jonathan, who was the most boringly perfect character of the whole series.

And I agree, Valentine was a great opponent (better than any villain not called DIO or Kira). All the shades of grey of Johnny are present in him, but in reverse. In a way, it was thanks to Valentine that the final confrontation was better than Golden Wind's: Giorno merely happened to be a hero because Diavolo was a plainly evil asshole. Giorno was grey, but the enemy was full dark, which allowed him to come up as the lesser evil, and he was so cunning his weak Stand never was an issue for brutally killing anyone that stood in his way, most of the time indirectly. Giorno didn't need Star Platinum: he, as a human being, was even more powerful than the most powerful stand.
Part 5 was also a story of salvation, but it was the salvation of everyone in the group except him (Buccellati's of course, but also Trish, Abbacchio, Narancia, and even Fugo who refused salvation). Giorno was these people's Christ, a morally compromised Christ, while Johnny is looking for him but ultimately never receives him because his reasons fail him, while Valentine wants him for others (to impose selflessly his dictatorial idea of what others should be wanting to have) and fail for the same reasons. There is nothing interesting to say about Diavolo except talking about his hair.
Valentine, in contrast, could have been the hero of the manga if the cards had been played differently. This is what makes the line "I trust you 100%, but I want to trust you 101%" great: often, many people (Araki included) believe that Jojo quotes are memorable because of their bizarre grammar. It's actually their ability to condense complex situations, contexts and feelings in one allegedly strangely constructed series of words, that made "だが断る。", "てめえは俺を怒らせた" and others so great. The only reason "祝福しろ。" was so memorable was because it promised great things ahead... and then Annasui ended up under-delivering consistently in all of his subsequent appearances.

To conclude on SBR's themes: unfortunately Araki is not a good enough writer for such complex ideas, and he fails short several times throughout the series (and more crucially, shows that he didn't really know how to cross the finish line). However, the intent was very interesting, and he ran with it until the end without changing the topic mid-way through, which is commendable. It's also better to read a failed manga that was too ambitious, than a failed manga whose the author couldn't care less about his world and characters(Stone Ocean).

None of this makes me optimistic about Jojolion, though.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 7 Apr 23:04]

kofoguz
1227th Post

"Re(7):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Fri 8 Apr 05:44post reply

I dont know where this jotaro hate coming from all of a sudden. Jotaro is the heart of the show. In my eyes his only rival is old Joseph.

As for SBR, spoilers ahead so dont read if you dont want to be spoiled.

SBR started with great ambitions. But was fickle more than one occasion. It was Fugo's scene over and over again.
First Sandman, a mysterious indian man, he was presented as narrative and really crucial to the main story. Conclusion; a simple henchman to Diego. Dies in the chapter where his stand revealed.
Diego, a new story which I like more than Dio's. Instead of a drunk father Diego saw real shit when he was young. Her mother sacrificed herself to keep him from starvation and his motive is not to fall into poverty again. Still ruthless though. Conclusion; Dies as a semi-ally where the main villain Where he can be the true villain (Valentine is a good villain btw), the final villain brought the Za Warudo Dio. Gyro Zeppeli, since it was an alternate universe story it felt like this time a Zeppeli would be the lead. Conclusion even though he was the lead most of the time, he died and his motive to rescue/pardon the child from execution was forgettable. So I dont remember what happened to the child! Did Johnny saved him? Did he become this universe's Lisa Lisa? Joke aside only thing was consistent in this saga all the characters were racing for their roles and spots, even the main villain was almost losing his spot(hey Abdul). Oh and everybody who desired Lucy Steele meet their demise! She was opposite of her stand.

Just a Person
1741th Post

"Re(8):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Fri 8 Apr 07:06post reply

quote:
Gyro Zeppeli, since it was an alternate universe story it felt like this time a Zeppeli would be the lead. Conclusion even though he was the lead most of the time, he died and his motive to rescue/pardon the child from execution was forgettable. So I dont remember what happened to the child! Did Johnny saved him? Did he become this universe's Lisa Lisa?

According to some spoilers I read,

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
the child is spared but ends up dying anyway due to sickness.

End of Spoiler

Iggy
10198th Post

"Re(8):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Fri 8 Apr 20:29post reply

I disagree, Fugo's scene was interesting and necessary: not everyone accepts to sacrifice its security to potentially receive salvation. I understand the issues that Araki had upon whether making him come back as an enemy or not, and I think the manga works that way too.

Sandman is the great mystery of SBR for me. I have no clue what Araki's intend was with this character, since he doesn't even have a shell of a plot compared to everyone else. He might have been Dio's replacement, but Diego arrives too early in the game to make this hypothesis solid. I really think Araki forgot him after the first volume.
The World Diego is not really a character: he's more of a concept, a trope, and he doesn't replace anyone. He's merely the final wall Johnny needs to overcome. Johnny has become a hero of his own after beating Valentine (he reached the starting line of all the other Jojos I was talking about), the final fight with The World Diego is merely his "Stardust Crusaders" moment. TWD is quite different from Dino Diego during the little he is shown (closer to the DIO we know), so I don't think he eats anyone's lunch. Dino Diego was never going to be the final villain: every character in the manga is scattered between the "good guy" and "bad guy" camp, never fully belonging to either side, and ultimately more grey than any other color. Maybe that was Sandman's role: being a hero, being the whitest character with the purest purpose, and ultimately failing in the most soul-crushing way (because we all know that native American people lost that war)?
If Dino Diego lost his role, which would have been "the final obstacle Johnny would have to overcome to find his way", it would be to Valentine (and he does, literally).
Dino Diego is grey, a darkish grey, at best akin to Dio before he put on the stone mask. He is the possibility Dio had to not turn full-evil. The World Diego is as dark as DIO, darker than Valentine, and thus is necessary to paint Johnny whiter than he ever was during the series.
Zeppeli's death was necessary for Johnny to reach his final state as a character. His motive with the child was... weird and ultimately almost made into a gruesome joke in the final pages, but the actual point of Zeppeli's trip was a teenage rebellion against his father and family, the child was merely a trigger. depending on your point of view, he either failed his rebellion and died like a stupid teenager with daddy issues, or succeeded the moment he left home and started walking on his own without looking back (the James Dean/YOLO approach).

SBR is a manga full of failures, almost all the characters fail their scenario arch, and Johnny ultimately fails off-screen later. I think Lucy and Bocorocco may be the only ones to get out of SBR successful? But SBR is also the first series that started in Ultra Jump, and I read the failure of its characters as Araki's way of moving his series from the younger readers of Jump to the adult readership of UJ. SBR is a strange and bitter series that rings hollow: the real successor, the character who links the series to its future, is Higashikata, a nobody we barely saw in one panel out of 20 volumes. SBR has a higher death toll than any other series (except Stone Ocean, but you could say Stone Ocean's Bad End was a precursor to this). All the characters who were temporary allied at a given point with Johnny and Lucy die: Mountain Tim, Hot Pants, Wekapipo and even Dino Diego. Most of them died with a purpose they failed to achieve.
What makes SBR difficult to read is that you would naturally use a shonen manga reading grid to understand a manga by Araki, but the author worked as hard as possible to break away from it, leaving the series fall in a strange no man's land.

None of this makes me optimistic for Jojolion, again.

Toxico
6011th Post

"Re(9):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Sat 9 Apr 10:10post reply

Ahhhhh, just how much the directing style changed? One of the absolute best thing of the 3 previous jojo series is that watching the op didn't spoil anything and kept all of the amazing surprises to when they actually show up..... but this op is completely brimming with reveals!! The photo! The 2 rats! The arrow! Personality quirks! Character relationships! the FREAKING IDENTITY OF THE STAND USERS!!!

Tche; pretty much the only thing that wasn't spoiled is Kawajiri! The only good extra thing they showed was Tonio being as flaming as a pheonix while serving.

Oh, and changing the Angelo stone is unforgivable; what do they think a town's memorials are about?

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Spoon
3308th Post

"Re(8):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Sat 9 Apr 15:05post reply

quote:

What I mean is: he's the only hero who evolves.

I somewhat wish that this was the approach taken with Joseph over the course of the series: he never becomes wiser, he just becomes increasingly decrepit.

quote:

Johnny needs to reach the starting line of the other Jojos.

This is a sentiment that I wondered about just from the trope of the Zeppeli: that the Zeppelis are always there to show the way, but will always die. Them dying is important/useful for all kinds of reasons, like motivating the Jojo, selling how powerful the foe is, and cutting the Jojo loose such that there is truly nobody else that the Jojo can count on to defeat the enemy but the Jojo. As you said, the Jojos prior to Johnny are in most ways fully-formed by the time the adventure begins: the only thing they're getting from their time with the Zeppelis is special powers. They don't change their personality, their morals, their anything.

Zeppeli is the fully-formed character, with a charismatic appearance/personality/capability. Unlike other Zeppelis in the series, we actually do get a view in his head and see what he is thinking. Indeed, he's around for so much of the story that in all ways he's a fully working protagonist/co-protagonist. He totally overshadows Johnny, which absolutely seems intentional.

From my perspective of a long-time Jojo reader, Zeppeli surviving for so incredibly long in the series made me keep hoping that he wouldn't die. After all, in this post-part-p6 universe, all kinds of things are upside down: the Joestar is weak and worthless and seemingly a sidekick, the Zeppeli is introduced right at the start and seems to be the protagonist, Dio is still Dio but is somehow not the central villain, etc. But just like in the previous ones, he too dies to what is the penultimate villain of the journey. Now that you've posed it, I do agree that that structural similarity juxtaposed with where Johnny gets to following it is genuinely interesting: that Johnny is not fully-formed in a heroic sense in his personality or his wisdom at the start of the journey, and that he only achieves it at the end. And I think that's what got me: structurally it's interesting enough, but I didn't personally feel convinced of Johnny's evolution, and that must be why my immediate recollection of my impression was so negative.

Spoon
3314th Post

"Re(9):キタ━(゚∀" , posted Tue 12 Apr 17:36post reply

A Savage Garden song is used for the ED of the Part 4 anime and I can't stop laughing.

Micky Kusanagi
189th Post

PSN: MickyKusanagi
STM: n/a
CFN: MickyKusanagi

Regular Customer

"Worlds collide" , posted Sat 14 May 02:53post reply

quote:
A Savage Garden song is used for the ED of the Part 4 anime and I can't stop laughing.

Ahaha that's what ultimately got me into Jojo xD I love Savage Garden's first album and I Want You is my favorite song. So, when I found "I Dunk You" among the very first results in a "slam jam mashup" Youtube search last week -yes, I like to listen to those demented abominations from time to time-, I was like "WTF???", although I already vaguely knew how music references are integral to Jojo. I looked for the actual ending clip and I couldn't believe it: one of my favorite Western pop songs of all times turned anime ending. I've lost count of how many times I had thought "I'll read Jojo someday...", but this fascinating "worlds collide" situation inspired me to make up my mind. I actually started reading Phantom Blood on Wednesday, I got hooked in a heartbeat and now I'm halfway the 3rd volume.

By the way, who does decide the ending themes? Does Araki have any word about it?

Ore no...kachi da!!

Iggy
10230th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P - IGGY ARI !

"Re(1):Worlds collide" , posted Sat 14 May 19:50post reply

quote:
Does Araki have any word about it?

Araki doesn't care about any derivative work based on Jojo as it doesn't impact his work, and answers "do whatever you want" to everything, more or less. Which is why every knowledgeable fan laughed at CC2's claim that Araki was supervising the story of EOH.

Micky Kusanagi
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Worlds collide" , posted Sun 15 May 22:03post reply

quote:
Araki doesn't care about any derivative work based on Jojo as it doesn't impact his work, and answers "do whatever you want" to everything, more or less. Which is why every knowledgeable fan laughed at CC2's claim that Araki was supervising the story of EOH.

That's a very interesting tidbit about the Jojo world, and it makes me more curious than before about Araki (I had read some trivia about him on Knowyourmeme, don't know if it's reliable but it did get me intrigued) and his work, thank you Iggy ^^

Ore no...kachi da!!

Just a Person
1755th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Worlds collide" , posted Mon 16 May 21:45post reply

quote:

That explains a lot, actually... well, at least whoever really wrote the story of EOH tried something different, but to be honest, I prefer the way the story was handled in ASB, with the actual stories from each part presented as they were in the manga (...well, except for JoJolion, where it was just Jo2uke finding the heroes from the previous parts and having senseless fights against them) - although it wouldn't hurt to have some CG scenes between battles, or at least illustrations with texts to better present the stories.

Oh well, maybe in a future ASB2 (or EOH2)? I wouldn't doubt if JJBA gets yet another fighting game before Araki even finishes JoJolion...

Iggy
10231th Post

"Re(3):Worlds collide" , posted Tue 17 May 00:34post reply

quote:
Oh well, maybe in a future ASB2

I wish...

quote:
(or EOH2)?

NOPE.gif

quote:
I wouldn't doubt if JJBA gets yet another fighting game before Araki even finishes JoJolion...
I'd love that, but between the flop of EOH and the fact CC2 will be super busy with FF7 for the coming years, I'm not holding my breath...
Hope the TV series of Kira Yoshikage&friends will work well enough to convince them to do more than a mobile gatcha game...

Micky Kusanagi
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Worlds collide" , posted Sat 21 May 18:27post reply

Just a Person: you asked me whether I was reading the latest part of Jojo...well, I've only turned into a Jojo fan a couple weeks ago, so I'm at Stardust Crusaders -chapter 122- right now ^^; I can't even tell what got me so hooked about this manga...it's just insanely charming.

Iggy: you told me Araki basically says "do whatever you want" and doesn't give any supervision nor contribution about content in licensed media, so I'm curious about this bit from the Jojo Wikia, the CPS-III games in particular...

quote:
Hirohiko Araki served as a consultant for the game and created exclusive pieces of artwork for its promotion and packaging; most notably, he developed from scratch a new character design for Midler, since Capcom was interested in using her in the game and she had been only vaguely shown in the original manga.

Is it incorrect? Keep in mind I know nothing about that wiki's reliability.

Ore no...kachi da!!

Iggy
10235th Post

"Re(5):Worlds collide" , posted Sun 22 May 02:19post reply

quote:
Hirohiko Araki served as a consultant for the game and created exclusive pieces of artwork for its promotion and packaging; most notably, he developed from scratch a new character design for Midler, since Capcom was interested in using her in the game and she had been only vaguely shown in the original manga.
This is correct.
I mean, the exact details of Araki's relationship with the team are hazy, but Midler was indeed designed for this game, her victory/defeat art drawn for it, and Araki also created a couple of artworks for the game (something he couldn't be bothered to do for ASB, and I think he only drew the cover for EOH). I also believe he teased the Capcom staff with Alessy, but I don't remember the details (something of a test to see how dedicated they were? Or a trade, put him in and you can have Midler? I can't remember, I just know Alessy is in the game because of Araki)(which is funny if you think about it: having Alessy in a Stardust Crusaders game before Hol Horse, Vanilla Ice or Enya).
But you have to remember the game is almost 20 years old. People change, for better or worse.

Micky Kusanagi
207th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Worlds collide" , posted Sun 22 May 17:30:post reply

That's really interesting. I'm especially intrigued by your Alessy speculation. I only tried the CPS-III Jojo games so briefly I didn't even see all the characters, but as soon as I finish reading Stardust Crusaders I'm gonna play them thoroughly.

Ore no...kachi da!!

[this message was edited by Micky Kusanagi on Sun 22 May 17:40]

Just a Person
1760th Post

"Re(5):Worlds collide" , posted Tue 24 May 02:54post reply

quote:
Just a Person: you asked me whether I was reading the latest part of Jojo...well, I've only turned into a Jojo fan a couple weeks ago, so I'm at Stardust Crusaders -chapter 122- right now ^^; I can't even tell what got me so hooked about this manga...it's just insanely charming.

Awesome! Have you read the two previous parts (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency)?

I have never read JJBA, but the idea of each part being so different from each other sounds very interesting. And Stardust Crusaders is the most famous part of it, as far as I know, with many people loving it and many people hating it (then again, all parts seem to have a good share of people that love them and hate them).

Micky Kusanagi
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Worlds collide" , posted Tue 24 May 16:34:post reply

quote:

Awesome! Have you read the two previous parts (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency)?

I have never read JJBA, but the idea of each part being so different from each other sounds very interesting. And Stardust Crusaders is the most famous part of it, as far as I know, with many people loving it and many people hating it (then again, all parts seem to have a good share of people that love them and hate them).

Yes I read both of them. I'm only 39 chapters away from the Stardust Crusaders finale and I'm loving it. I love everything I've seen about Jojo so far: the art style, the plots, the insane battle gimmicks, the characters, just everything. I'm positive I'll get on par with Jojolion fast. This manga single-handedly destroyed my "waiting for KOF14" video game schedule for May -clearing as much as I can of GGXrd -SIGN-'s M.O.M, Mission and Challenge modes.

Ore no...kachi da!!

[this message was edited by Micky Kusanagi on Tue 24 May 16:38]

Just a Person
1761th Post

"Re(7):Worlds collide" , posted Wed 25 May 04:17post reply

quote:

Yes I read both of them. I'm only 39 chapters away from the Stardust Crusaders finale and I'm loving it. I love everything I've seen about Jojo so far: the art style, the plots, the insane battle gimmicks, the characters, just everything. I'm positive I'll get on par with Jojolion fast. This manga single-handedly destroyed my "waiting for KOF14" video game schedule for May -clearing as much as I can of GGXrd -SIGN-'s M.O.M, Mission and Challenge modes.

That's great, Micky; please tell us later if you enjoyed the later parts/chapters as well!

And yeah, you'll probably get on par with JoJolion with no problems; from what most people say, Araki doesn't seem to be planning to finish it anytime soon...

Micky Kusanagi
217th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Worlds collide" , posted Wed 25 May 06:15post reply

quote:

That's great, Micky; please tell us later if you enjoyed the later parts/chapters as well!

And yeah, you'll probably get on par with JoJolion with no problems; from what most people say, Araki doesn't seem to be planning to finish it anytime soon...

Okay, I completed Stardust Crusaders and I found it an intense manga experience. It's an epic journey. The final battle is insane, so full of tension. I probably won't try and write a more in-depth opinion than this one because explaining Jojo's charm is a bit hard to me. I just feel compelled to go on.

I read the first two chapters in Diamond Is Unbreakable and I like its premise, the idea of an illegitimate son in the Joestar lineage is an interesting touch. I'm looking forward to the next adventure already.

And I didn't forget about the CPS-III games, I wanna play them now that my memories of the manga are still fresh.

Ore no...kachi da!!

HokutoAndy
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Worlds collide" , posted Thu 26 May 14:06post reply

I started reading JoJo around the time of GioGio so it was super duper suspenseful to wait a week for the next chapter to come out in an anthology, or a few months for the next tankobon release.

Been keeping up with JoJoLion which has managed to be even more bizarre than every other JoJo before it.

Micky Kusanagi
223th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Worlds collide" , posted Thu 26 May 20:58:post reply

quote:
Been keeping up with JoJoLion which has managed to be even more bizarre than every other JoJo before it.

Oh wow, now I even feel more compelled than before to read all the parts as fast as I can.

Yesterday I slowed my reading pace down a lot because I went nuts setting MAME in a way that it doesn't slow down with VSync on -I did it in the end. I barely tried out the first two battles in the first CPS-III Jojo game and I couldn't enjoy them properly because I was testing the MAME settings, but I like what I managed to see.

EDIT: I've just read a certain panel in Diamond Is Unbreakable...I knew the whole story in advance so I laughed so hard xDDDDD

What a beautiful Duwang.

Ore no...kachi da!!

[this message was edited by Micky Kusanagi on Tue 31 May 03:59]

Micky Kusanagi
246th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Worlds collide" , posted Wed 15 Jun 06:59post reply

Okay, I got on par with Jojolion and I'm really satisfied. Just a couple random bits from this experience for now:
1) my favorite part is Vento Aureo...maybe just because I'm Italian and the whole story is set in Italy? Could be part of why I like it the most, but I genuinely characters's personalities and stand powers -especially Giorno's- so much that they make me like Vento Aureo more than any other part. Ah, and that certain plot twist at the Colosseum...
2) the end of Stone Ocean made me very sad, but I understand maybe Araki needed it to refresh the Jojo universe. IMO, Stone Ocean anticipates the darker tones which find full expression in Steel Ball Run and Jojolion, which feel like a step up in Araki's artistic freedom. Guess it's just the switch from shonen to seinen.

Ore no...kachi da!!
(hopefully) 16 days to fiber

Just a Person
1774th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Worlds collide" , posted Wed 15 Jun 07:08post reply

quote:
Okay, I got on par with Jojolion and I'm really satisfied. Just a couple random bits from this experience for now:
1) my favorite part is Vento Aureo...maybe just because I'm Italian and the whole story is set in Italy? Could be part of why I like it the most, but I genuinely characters's personalities and stand powers -especially Giorno's- so much that they make me like Vento Aureo more than any other part. Ah, and that certain plot twist at the Colosseum...
2) the end of Stone Ocean made me very sad, but I understand maybe Araki needed it to refresh the Jojo universe. IMO, Stone Ocean anticipates the darker tones which find full expression in Steel Ball Run and Jojolion, which feel like a step up in Araki's artistic freedom. Guess it's just the switch from shonen to seinen.

Wow, you already reached JoJolion?! That's impressive!

Thank you for sharing your views of the JoJo universe. The part about Stone Ocean is the highlight among them; if that's what Araki had in mind when he defined its end, that could explain quite a lot.

Micky Kusanagi
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Worlds collide" , posted Wed 15 Jun 14:24post reply

You're welcome ^^ Please take my speculation with a grain of salt, I'm just a Jojo newcomer after all :D

One of the things that surprised me about this manga is that it's inspiring me to get back a somewhat decent knowledge of fine arts...I forgot everything I had been taught about them in high school, sigh. I found some arts references in Jojo this much powerful, and I'm glad I'm getting such an inspiration.

Ore no...kachi da!!
(hopefully) 15 days to fiber

CFN: n/a

"Reality, is entertainment" , posted Sat 2 Jul 06:14post reply

Waaahh, Kamiya reprising Rohan is something that I have been eagerly waiting ever since this series was announced; unfortunately he was replaced by Takahiro Sakurai; which is all fine and dandy when he is speaking normally, but it's those times when Rohan truly turns into a psycho that Sakurai, ironically; doesn't come out quite as genuine.

One of my absolute favourite scenes in part 4 is when Rohan pulls Koichi's page and laughs his ass off; which Kamiya made amazing in ASB, but Sakurai was quite weak at in the anime.... It's going to take a while to get used to him.

......... Now, they don't play on telling me that Rikiya won't reprise either as well, huh? I don't really want anyone else playing Kira.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Star Platinum Carpet- S.P.W. Board Master

"Re(1):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Sat 2 Jul 19:13post reply

Kira is going to be a huge shock.
Has any character first dubbed in ASB kept the same VA once in game? I wasn't really sold on Kamiya's Rohan, so we'll see.

Speaking of Rohan, Araki recently did his own impersonation by telling Arashi's management to go choke on a spider because none of their thin-framed effeminate idols were fit to play as Jôtarô, so we may be sparred a terrible live-action Jojo movie.
Bless his heart.

LEGENOARYNINLIA
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Sat 2 Jul 19:36post reply

quote:
thin-framed effeminate idols were fit to play as Jôtarô

Oh no. If that would actually happen it would be like the Hugh Jackman / Wolverine situation except ten times worse.

~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
videograpple.tumblr.com/
Olivier Hague

188th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Sun 3 Jul 00:41post reply

quote:
Has any character first dubbed in ASB kept the same VA once in game?

Okuyasu and Otoishi did.

"Re(3):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Sat 23 Jul 16:52post reply

quote:
Okuyasu and Otoishi did.

I initially was under the selfish impression that characters that had their voices for big commercials, would reprise when it comes down to it.... But oh boy, I was wrong.

As for Jojo anime, Yoshikage became Diavolo It's confusing..... I'm scared boss, I'll be waiting for your call.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

"Re(4):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Tue 22 Nov 15:49post reply

Remember folks how we were talking about voice acting and such? Well, someone, predictably, made this. A good view on how stuff would have ended out if roles would have been totally reprised.

Some have been deleted due to DCMA, but the videos that do remain are a good watch.

さっきの感じならあと100発はもつ‥‥と思うぜ

Micky Kusanagi
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Tue 22 Nov 17:36post reply

Still haven't seen any Jojo anime nor played ASB or EoH -hope I'll be able to buy them both in a couple months-, but even then, the game voice acting sounds impressive to me applied to the anime. Good stuff!!

Jojolion is on break this month, so the Hi Wa Mata No Boru scanlation group speculated a Rohan one shot may take its place in Ultra Jump. I was looking forward to it since I've already read some of them and I love them, but it looks like the Jojo part in this issue is a "Morioh Guide Special" instead.

Ore no...kachi da!!
Just a Person
1880th Post

"Re(4):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Wed 1 Mar 02:07post reply

quote:
Okuyasu and Otoishi did.

I initially was under the selfish impression that characters that had their voices for big commercials, would reprise when it comes down to it.... But oh boy, I was wrong.

As for Jojo anime, Yoshikage became Diavolo It's confusing..... I'm scared boss, I'll be waiting for your call.

Speaking of the anime, has any announcement been made about whether there are plans to adapt Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean and so on?

As for the manga, I read somewhere that JoJolion may be nearing its end, but the main antagonist may not be really a member of the Rock People, after all...

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.
Micky Kusanagi
633th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:57post reply

Don't know about the anime, but I feel Jojolion is getting close to the final confrontation. By the way, I like Araki's newest take on the concept of the long range stand, looks stupid but it ends up being creepy and unsettling. And what happens to Yasuho in the end of the latest chapter leaves me wanting to know more about

Jobin

End of Spoiler

's power.

Ore no...kachi da!!
Just a Person
1881th Post

"Re(6):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Thu 2 Mar 22:28post reply

Yeah, me too. I'm also curious if

Jobin is indeed JoJolion's Big Bad or if this role will be filled by Kaato - if so, she would be the first woman as the Big Bad in a JJBA part. Plus, if she isn't, I wonder if Kaato really killed the child or she just covered up for Jobin.

End of Spoiler

"Re(7):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Fri 3 Mar 00:46post reply

quote:
Yeah, me too. I'm also curious if

What if Jobin is the secretly real JoJo and Josefumi/Kira is the villain/s?

End of Spoiler

Micky Kusanagi
637th Post

"Re(7):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Fri 3 Mar 01:07post reply

Given how Kaato seems to come across Jobin as intimidating, your speculation about her may prove true. But I also wouldn't exclude that they may be acting on the same level, resulting in a dual antagonist

End of Spoiler

Ore no...kachi da!!
Just a Person
1882th Post

"Re(8):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Fri 3 Mar 03:12post reply

Micky - That's an interesting possibility, and quite likely.

kofoguz - That's so unexpected and insane that Araki could definitely follow this idea! But...

in this case, wouldn't it be better to have Joshu, Yasuho or even Tsurigi as this part's JoJo?Jobin's actions aren't heroic at all (even for the standards set by previous JoJos - Johnny, I'm looking at you), and his participation hasn't been very expressive overall.

End of Spoiler

Ungenesis
460th Post

PSN: n/a
Wii: ungenesis
STM: ungenesis
CFN: ungenesis
Gold Customer

"Re(9):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Tue 7 Mar 19:26post reply

Live action teaser

Thoughts? I think it looks neat. I kinda dig the older look on Jotaro, it contrasts him with Josuke pretty well.

"Hai ... Shindekudasai?"

Anyone still playing Phantasy Star Online 2?
Ship: 2
ID: entropytempts
Micky Kusanagi
644th Post

"Re(10):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Thu 9 Mar 00:03post reply

Ummmm...the teaser as a whole looks a bit too dark, gritty, compared to the feeling the Part 4 manga gave me, I find the general tone more suited for a Stone Ocean live action. But the colors in the Morioh landscape in the beginning look like Araki chose them personally chosen to me, which is a great plus. Josuke's uniform and hairstyle look good IMO. The arrow bit had me amazed beyond words, I feel Miike managed to capture the magic of the arrow.

Correcting a huge lapse of memory I had before, a certain character's power in Jojolion was already revealed long ago, chapter 37.

Ore no...kachi da!!
Just a Person
1901th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Reality, is entertainment" , posted Mon 24 Apr 20:36:post reply

quote:
Correcting a huge lapse of memory I had before, a certain character's power in Jojolion was already revealed long ago, chapter 37.

Speaking of Jojolion...

...if I understood correctly, it seems the real bad guy(s) wasn't even presented yet, while Jobin and Kaato may be less evil than we thought (but are still quite evil, nevertheless). Also, I wonder how Tsurugi knows all that stuff.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Mon 24 Apr 21:15]