Fujishima Kousuke-sensei - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1974 Views )

Seizya
3205th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Tue 9 Jul 02:27post reply

Kind of late, but Fujishima Kousuke-sensei's birthday was recent. Definitely one of my favorite artists of all time. If only I had even half of his drawing skills.

As for what he has done lately, I know that his "Sakura Taisen" characters are in "Project X Zone". Outside of that, I'm sure there's someone that knows. I have a few friends that are playing the game right now.

Replies:

Pollyanna
3511th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(1):Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Tue 9 Jul 08:58:post reply

His Tales of Vesperia characters are in X Zone as well. He worked on the Xillia 2 cover as far as recent things go.

In my opinion, his Tales illustrations tend to look kind of poor and rushed, but I like him as a character designer, even if I don't care for his manga.

EDIT: Oh, and he did the cover to the new Symphonia double pack.

I am undressed from 80’s style and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Tue 9 Jul 11:04]

Seizya
3206th Post

"Re(2):Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Tue 9 Jul 14:21post reply

Oh, wow. As much as I want to get the game, I kind of need to watch how much I spend. Need to give my mother $144 for insurance for one. Not fun at all.

Rid loves his manga. So do I. Then again, I'm a Koudansha person.

maese
701th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Tue 9 Jul 14:51:post reply

quote:
Kind of late, but Fujishima Kousuke-sensei's birthday was recent. Definitely one of my favorite artists of all time. If only I had even half of his drawing skills.

As for what he has done lately, I know that his "Sakura Taisen" characters are in "Project X Zone". Outside of that, I'm sure there's someone that knows. I have a few friends that are playing the game right now.

Woah, so there actually ARE another fans of Fujishima sensei hidden on the catacombs! I am glad to see that. Either as a mangaka or a mere chara designer, Fujishima is probably my favourite artist of all time. Even considered making a twitter account only to follow his. I actually had the chance to briefly meet him at an AMG anniversary event, an the guy was surprisingly nice and witty. Exactly the kind of dude one would enjoy having some beers with.

The man still goes strong with "Ah! My Goddess" every month, altough the current arc is taking a bit too long for my taste and, on top of that, the turn things are taking makes me think the ending of the whole series is at sight. Then again, after 25+ years without failing one single issue every month, I don't think anybody could complain if the man wants a break.

Other than that, he still does work for the Tales series from time to time, even tough it seems that lately Inomata Mutsumi has taken the lead role for desinging stuff. Also, it seems he has done some new illustrations for the new(er) Sakura Taisen mobile game, a dull and boring card battler on the same line of Puzzle&Dragons and the like.

And let's not forget Paradise Residence, his frustrated attempt of drawing a semi-regular high school comedy on "Good! Afternoon", an spinoff magazine of the original Afternoon. The magazine itself proved somewhat popular, but the series got promptly canned and recycled into a one-volume light novel to promote Kodansha's newly created lanove line. Dunno if such strategy has been actually successful, tough.

Beyond finishing AMG and following with his sporadical illustration/chara designer stuff, I wonder what other projects Fujishima sensei could have. I do remember hearing him saying something along the lines of drawing some short stories, or even trying his luck with the jidaimono/chanbara genre. But, then again, that was a long time ago. Maybe his main priority now is just going staying home and being a family man!

[this message was edited by maese on Tue 9 Jul 14:53]

Pollyanna
3511th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

"Re(2):Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Tue 9 Jul 15:45post reply

quote:

Other than that, he still does work for the Tales series from time to time, even tough it seems that lately Inomata Mutsumi has taken the lead role for desinging stuff.

I think it just seems that way since she did the portable designs and two of the most recent games are remakes for Vita (Innocence and Hearts). The last 3 big titles have been Fujishima (Vesperia), Graces (Inomata) and Xillia (Fujishima and Inomata). Personally, I think the 3D Tales games tend to reflect Fujishima's style better. I don't really have a preference between the two, but I would like to see a game that actually looks like Inomata's style.

Wow, this is reminding me of getting my first issue Animage in middle school when the first Ah! My Goddess OVA came out around and they were doing a Cyber Formula memorial thing. I remember thinking that Inomata's designs were strangely ill-suited to a racing series...

I am undressed from 80’s style and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.

Seizya
3208th Post

"Re(2):Fujishima Kousuke-sensei" , posted Wed 10 Jul 15:44post reply

quote:
Woah, so there actually ARE another fans of Fujishima sensei hidden on the catacombs! I am glad to see that. Either as a mangaka or a mere chara designer, Fujishima is probably my favourite artist of all time. Even considered making a twitter account only to follow his. I actually had the chance to briefly meet him at an AMG anniversary event, an the guy was surprisingly nice and witty. Exactly the kind of dude one would enjoy having some beers with.

Guess what. I follow him on Twitter. Ha ha ha!

Yeah, he's a real nice and witty guy. His English is not bad also. Why I don't tweet to him a lot? I don't know.

I don't mind if he takes a break. In fact, he deserves them. No questions asked.