Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1630 Views )

Madgear
3th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Mon 3 Dec 11:38:post reply

Sup everyone?

Inoue-sensei was featured on CNN's "Human to Hero." As my favorite comics artist, and idol...I had to blog about it. I included a link to the CNN article on my blog post, that I quickly wrote out of excitement, lol!

Have you all seen his "Perspectives on Work" documentary featured on HNK? Its amazing! I watch it regularly for inspiration, for those of us who have limited to no Japanese skills, its subbed it parts on youtube and veoh. Its a great watch. I've got it personally if anyone wants me to dropbox them a copy.

http://rlateef.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/takehiko-inoue-living-legend/

rlateef.com / rlateef.wordpress.com

[this message was edited by Madgear on Mon 3 Dec 11:39]

Replies:

Professor
3630th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Tue 4 Dec 08:29post reply

quote:
Sup everyone?

Inoue-sensei was featured on CNN's "Human to Hero." As my favorite comics artist, and idol...I had to blog about it. I included a link to the CNN article on my blog post, that I quickly wrote out of excitement, lol!

Have you all seen his "Perspectives on Work" documentary featured on HNK? Its amazing! I watch it regularly for inspiration, for those of us who have limited to no Japanese skills, its subbed it parts on youtube and veoh. Its a great watch. I've got it personally if anyone wants me to dropbox them a copy.

http://rlateef.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/takehiko-inoue-living-legend/

Hi Madgear, and welcome to the BBS! Hope you enjoy your stay here'.
Thanks for sharing the news with us, Inoue's a great artist. I remember seeing his documentary and let's not forget this one as well.

Pollyanna
3340th Post

PSN: Lilly_Dopamine
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Tue 4 Dec 17:39post reply

Inoue impresses me as a human being as much as he impresses me as an artist. I used to have a photo of him on my desk and I would say "every time I'm not doing my best, I have to apologize to Inoue." (It's true!) I just wish he wasn't so hard on himself sometimes.

I don't remember the exact quote, but he said something to the effect that Real was about "what happens after "it's over."" Like, you reach a point where you think everything has ended for you, but life goes on regardless. I thought that was such a powerful statement and makes a much better impression than telling someone that it's about "wheelchair basketball."

青春謳歌 弱肉強食

Ishmael
4502th Post

PSN: Ishmael26b
XBL: n/a

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Wed 5 Dec 03:15post reply

Good to see Inoue getting that sort of coverage.

quote:
Inoue impresses me as a human being as much as he impresses me as an artist. I used to have a photo of him on my desk and I would say "every time I'm not doing my best, I have to apologize to Inoue." (It's true!) I just wish he wasn't so hard on himself sometimes.

Among the things tacked up to my office wall is a picture of Audrey Hepburn. I have not, however, used her as an at-work shrine. Maybe I should start apologizing to Hepburn every morning for wearing such ugly, unfashionable clothes out in public.

karasu99
1035th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Wed 5 Dec 06:03post reply

quote:
Good to see Inoue getting that sort of coverage.

Among the things tacked up to my office wall is a picture of Audrey Hepburn. I have not, however, used her as an at-work shrine. Maybe I should start apologizing to Hepburn every morning for wearing such ugly, unfashionable clothes out in public.

Ohohoho, Ishmael, I have to confess that my mental image of you is that of your avatar, and I was having trouble thinking that Jigen could make such a statement. Ah, it's too early in the morning for me!

I was super happy to see this kind of coverage for Inoue as well. He's incredibly talented and deserves to be recognized by more people outside Japan.

www.secret-arts.com

Madgear
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Takehiko Inoue featured on CNN" , posted Wed 5 Dec 23:27post reply

quote:
Hi Madgear, and welcome to the BBS! Hope you enjoy your stay here'.
Thanks for sharing the news with us, Inoue's a great artist. I remember seeing his documentary and let's not forget this one as well.

Thanks! That link is fantastic-I remember seeing that and being blown away! I've got his DRAW DVD and its also pretty phenomenal.

rlateef.com / rlateef.wordpress.com