Hakase, a state of confusion - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1850 Views )

Seizya
3184th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Thu 1 Nov 13:51post reply

Hi Hakase.

Ah, the topic. I'm confused on two scenarios. I'll start with the games one first.

Am I reading this right? Will there really be a new "Psychic Force" game? Or is "2012" just being available again elsewhere?

The other one is regards of "Iron Chef". Why did they get rid of the old chairman?! This makes no sense!

Please solve these cases for me. Thank you Hakase. I appreciate it.

Replies:

Professor
3594th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Thu 1 Nov 20:49post reply

quote:
Hi Hakase.

Ah, the topic. I'm confused on two scenarios. I'll start with the games one first.

Am I reading this right? Will there really be a new "Psychic Force" game? Or is "2012" just being available again elsewhere?

The other one is regards of "Iron Chef". Why did they get rid of the old chairman?! This makes no sense!

Please solve these cases for me. Thank you Hakase. I appreciate it.

Hah easy quickies to be replied.

1) It's the old Psychic Force 2012, except it's being re-released on the NesicaLive system.

2) The theme of the new Iron Chef TV series is all about the inheriting, next-generation of chefs. That's why they killed off old chairman Kaga and also why both of the challengers in Ep.1 were disciples of the original Iron Chefs.

The new chairman is just... man, I miss chairman Kaga.

Seizya
3185th Post

"Re(2):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Fri 2 Nov 01:34post reply

Ohhh. An arcade game delivery system, huh? Nice.

You figure that one of the iron chefs would become the new chairman. Or is that the case? Oh and "Iron Chef America" doesn't have the same charm. Ha ha ha!

KTallguy
1445th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Fri 2 Nov 04:48:post reply

Isn't that the Nodame Cantabile guy?!

I dunno, I kinda liked him before. But he's no Kaga. Still this is the guy that will get those younguns watching the show :p

It's been a while since I've watched this show... man I need to find it online and archive it all.

Edit: http://ironcheffans.info/wordpress/
Looks like I found it!

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Fri 2 Nov 04:53]

Mosquiton
1840th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Fri 2 Nov 14:26post reply

quote:

1) It's the old Psychic Force 2012, except it's being re-released on the NesicaLive system.

Too bad, I was pretty "psyched" for a minute(pardon the pun)... I really miss the experimental fighting games of the late 90s. Psychic Force, Eretzvaju/Evil Zone, Soukaigi, Bushido Blade, Ehrgeiz, Tobal...

Kind of depressing to find myself looking forward to remakes and ports these days...

/ / /

Seizya
3186th Post

"Re(4):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Sat 3 Nov 16:22post reply

quote:
Isn't that the Nodame Cantabile guy?!

I dunno, I kinda liked him before. But he's no Kaga. Still this is the guy that will get those younguns watching the show :p

It's been a while since I've watched this show... man I need to find it online and archive it all.

Edit: http://ironcheffans.info/wordpress/
Looks like I found it!

Good golly. I miss watching "Nodame Cantabile". Why doesn't KTSF show that drama anymore?! Grrr!

Oh and you're my hero for showing that site! I don't watch this show enough. I don't know why. Ha ha ha! By the way, I still prefer the old chairman.

quote:
Too bad, I was pretty "psyched" for a minute(pardon the pun)... I really miss the experimental fighting games of the late 90s. Psychic Force, Eretzvaju/Evil Zone, Soukaigi, Bushido Blade, Ehrgeiz, Tobal...

Kind of depressing to find myself looking forward to remakes and ports these days...

I don't find myself playing many new games now, totally different from how I was a decade ago.

KTallguy
1449th Post

PSN: Hunter-KT

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Mon 5 Nov 02:41post reply

quote:
Oh and you're my hero for showing that site! I don't watch this show enough. I don't know why. Ha ha ha! By the way, I still prefer the old chairman.

I don't find myself playing many new games now, totally different from how I was a decade ago.

http://nylon.net/ironchef/ <--- I'll just leave this here :3

I am half-half, I really enjoy remakes and throwbacks, but it annoys me if they're too common. Still, I had this idea for a ranty "what happened to Japan" article, I was going to write it here... but I don't know how many people share that sentiment with me.

Sorry for muddying up your thread with all this nonsense!

Play to win... or to have fun too! :)

Loona
654th Post

PSN: IkariLoona

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Mon 5 Nov 10:41:post reply

quote:
Good golly. I miss watching "Nodame Cantabile". Why doesn't KTSF show that drama anymore?! Grrr!

The live action version? Its take on the german maestro was kinda embarassing to everyone even remotely involved, even if the the original version of the character was hardly an exemplary human being...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

[this message was edited by Loona on Mon 5 Nov 10:42]

Seizya
3187th Post

"Re(6):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Tue 13 Nov 06:15post reply

quote:
http://nylon.net/ironchef/ <--- I'll just leave this here :3

I am half-half, I really enjoy remakes and throwbacks, but it annoys me if they're too common. Still, I had this idea for a ranty "what happened to Japan" article, I was going to write it here... but I don't know how many people share that sentiment with me.

Sorry for muddying up your thread with all this nonsense!

Not at all! Thanks for the link. It helps.

Remakes are fine if...they're good. Otherwise, what's the point. I should have the same sentiment.

quote:

The live action version? Its take on the german maestro was kinda embarassing to everyone even remotely involved, even if the the original version of the character was hardly an exemplary human being...

I suppose. Still, it's a nice adaptation. I need to read the manga again.

Baines
336th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Tue 13 Nov 07:48post reply

quote:
I suppose. Still, it's a nice adaptation. I need to read the manga again.

I figured Milch's appearance was someone having fun. Like they figured that they weren't going to find someone perfect for the part, so picked someone completely wrong and gave him a wig.

It matches the feeling I get of the airplane footage. Even with no budget, you could do better footage of airplane trouble than the drama used. And they kept reusing that footage, so it wasn't going to be a one-off effect. It is so bad that I have trouble seeing it as anything but intentional. "We could spend some money, but it will still look fake. We could skimp, and it will only look worse. But if we take it to the extreme, it will look so bad that it becomes camp!"

Seizya
3188th Post

"Re(8):Hakase, a state of confusion" , posted Tue 13 Nov 09:37post reply

quote:
I figured Milch's appearance was someone having fun. Like they figured that they weren't going to find someone perfect for the part, so picked someone completely wrong and gave him a wig.

It matches the feeling I get of the airplane footage. Even with no budget, you could do better footage of airplane trouble than the drama used. And they kept reusing that footage, so it wasn't going to be a one-off effect. It is so bad that I have trouble seeing it as anything but intentional. "We could spend some money, but it will still look fake. We could skimp, and it will only look worse. But if we take it to the extreme, it will look so bad that it becomes camp!"

Oh, wow. I never got to know that. Then again, I didn't catch enough opportunities to watch the drama. So, it isn't as dynamic as I say that it is, huh?