red falcon
6122th Post

user profileedit/delete message

PSN: Rugalbgood
XBL: RugalBGood
Wii: Doesitmatter?

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Prof" , posted Tue 11 Sep 14:56post reply

Hey Prof, are you familiar with this fine upcoming title?

Merkava and Waldstein rock.

ANYWAY, I have a question for you, as a "man on the ground", so to speak. It comes out this month (the 20th, allegedly) and I've been totally unable to confirm if the ringedge 2 is network only or not (heck, I haven't seen any for sale yet, but I think it isn't out quite yet either?) Either way, if you get a chance to take a look at it when it comes out or just confirm/deny that the Ringedge 2 is a network oriented motherboard (which would render me buying one meaningless) I'd appreciate it.

Replies:

Professor
3580th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Tue 11 Sep 16:07:post reply

quote:
Hey Prof, are you familiar with this fine upcoming title?

Merkava and Waldstein rock.

ANYWAY, I have a question for you, as a "man on the ground", so to speak. It comes out this month (the 20th, allegedly) and I've been totally unable to confirm if the ringedge 2 is network only or not (heck, I haven't seen any for sale yet, but I think it isn't out quite yet either?) Either way, if you get a chance to take a look at it when it comes out or just confirm/deny that the Ringedge 2 is a network oriented motherboard (which would render me buying one meaningless) I'd appreciate it.

This is sort of a tricky question but the shorthand answer would be "don't bother".
Here's the lowdown.

The Ringedge2 has actually been out since last November and it's just a standalone PC-based arcade board. However the thing is, Undernight In-birth is going to be the debut title for an add-on network system for the Ringedge2, called "ALL.Net P-ras MULTI". It'll only be playable through network.

Basically, think of it as the relationship between the TypeX2 board and the NesicaLive network system. The P-ras Multi is Sega's version of it (albeit a lot crappier when it comes down to its small details).

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 11 Sep 18:26]

red falcon
6123th Post

"Re(2):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Wed 12 Sep 01:44post reply

quote:

Basically, think of it as the relationship between the TypeX2 board and the NesicaLive network system. The P-ras Multi is Sega's version of it (albeit a lot crappier when it comes down to its small details).

This was pretty much what I expected, which is why I was trying to find some form of definite confirmation. Thanks a lot! Here's to hoping it will get a home release, then.

red falcon
6124th Post

"Re(3):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Wed 19 Sep 10:23post reply

Hey Prof, if you get a chance to try it, care to post your impressions?

karasu99
999th Post

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Wii: n/a

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Sat 22 Sep 08:13post reply

quote:

Hey red falcon, there were some matches posted over on Shoryuken that show a bit of in depth play. Thought you might be interested. It looks decent enough to me!

www.secret-arts.com

red falcon
6126th Post

"Re(5):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Sun 23 Sep 07:47post reply

quote:

Hey red falcon, there were some matches posted over on Shoryuken that show a bit of in depth play. Thought you might be interested. It looks decent enough to me!

Oh yes, I was aware of those. I just kind of wanted to see some impressions from somebody NOT on SRK.

Zepy
1602th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Sun 23 Sep 21:22post reply

I liked it quite a bit, game system feels a lot more polished than melty blood or aquapazza. I didn't really like melty blood for competitive play but this game feels pretty solid.

All the characters I've played against seemed pretty distinct, I can't just rush people down, I need to see what they're doing and play accordingly.

Auto combo from pressing A does pretty decent damage(as compared to persona), has horrible recovery if opponent blocks it, but you can easily hit confirm from crouching A.

Also as usual with these games you need to know your combos or you will not survive.

Professor
3583th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):IN BIRTH? Question for the esteemed Pro" , posted Tue 9 Oct 19:35:post reply

The canned dog who posted above kept on beating me! Autocombo is completely useless of Yuzuriha, definitely not a character for inexperienced fighting game players. I think the game balance is OK for a fresh new game but they need to update more--the latest patch hasn't really changed things.

[this message was edited by Professor on Tue 9 Oct 19:35]